Reviews of Grand Millennium Dubai 5 stars

Sheikh Zayed Road, Barsha Heights (Tecom) , Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#150 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Superior King Room

The mini bar or fridge in the room was empty and at check out I was asked if I used any.

Friendly staff around especially Linara who always had a smile and very welcoming at the reception. Nice ambience and Breakfast was good. The pictures are from random klicks.

• Superior King Room

This is not the first time we stay in this hotel. Nice rooms with really comfortable beds, good breakfast and friendly and helpful staff. As an additional plus - Belgium cafe and Lock, Stock & Barrel))

• Superior King Room

My second visit and I still have mixed feelings. For example, they disconnected my internet access on my checkout day around 8.00 am! Details are important

Location and breakfast. They upgraded my room upon check in

See above

Great breakfast buffet, amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Great location (5 mins walk from metro) Only negative was pool was out of action for refurb, but back in action by 6/6/2018 I’m told

It was all good ,

Lovley hotel , ideally placed to walk between hotel bars , great night life best in Dubai in my eyes and I’ve been all over , emerates mall close by and metro , lock stock barrel always bust great atmosphere

• Superior King Room

Room smell was a bit odd. Tooth paste and brush was very cheap kind. Lightning in the room was a bit dark. The bar (at the ground floor) was apparently open in Ramadan also as there were several under dress ladies were coming in and going out with male participants at the ground floor. Pool area was stinking with alcohol kind smell even during the day time. Azaan was not easily audible from the room making it difficult to stop eating for sahoor. Too far from masjid.

Size wise it was a good superior room. View was really good. Burj ul arab and mall of emirates were visible from the very giant room floor to cealing windows. Qibla direction was there to assist praying. Prayer mat was provided upon request.

• Superior Twin Room

Booked a room with two beds only to check in and realise they gave us a non smoking room ( which we requested) with only 1 bed. We then had to go back to reception to have this altered but were given a room on a smoking floor which was absolutely stink. Also the noise prevention between rooms was basically non existent. Could here conversations in hall and next room

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Lack of monitoring the housekeeping checklist .. always there is missing and forgotten item .. beds are not comfortable .. there is bar and clup downstairs and they allowed to everybody to enter from main door either he is drunk or whatever

Location and accessibility

• Superior King Room

Breakfast was average, valet parking can be slow in peak hours because of the popular night club and bars located in the hotel

Helpful staff, professional and well trained, good location, great value for money, nice bar and night club, easy access with car or tram, room decoration, sizable rooms

• Superior King Room

I'm considerably older than my wife and different races. They would not let us into the nightclub. It was pretty insulting. They thought she was a prostitute. I checked in as two and explained I was meeting my wife. This was at the club so I didn't rate the rest of the staff on the clubs issues.

• Superior King Room

The toilet was not clean - the apartment phone not working - room service disaster - guest service more disaster - the second day morning i request to clean the room - they didnt clean it

it was near to my meeting

• Superior King Room

At our arrival we had to wait for long time for check in as our booked room was not available. After long time we were allocated another room stating that we were upgraded but it was not at all as per our expectation.

• Superior Twin Room

There was a short circuiting in the bathroom and it was from the water... we also found hair in one of the pillows (it looks like it wasn’t replaced after the guest before us). The last point is that we had one friend with us that we wanted to enter the lounge (LSB) with and the attitude of the manager are really bad and they made us look bad infront of our friend. I hope that there will be extra care of your guests specially in the clubs and so on. Thanks, Mahmoud

Beds are comfy

• Superior King Room

Bad smoking smells in whole hotel especially in the lobby and around elevators! There are insects in breakfast restaurant in eggs preparation area!!! Photos are attached, I don’t know how come they have 5 stars!

• Superior King Room

The bathroom was not clean .The drainage was not good at all.

The staff was amazing specially the concierge and particularly Sunil. The reception staff was very helpful although slow .

• Superior King Room

I was missold half board package for £500 (2500 AED). The hotel only has one Chinese/Japanese restaurant for dinner. Neither I am into Oriental food nor I eat meat. It turned out it be a real farce during my stay.

Hotel is close to Metro station. Staff is generally friendly. Breakfast buffet is pretty good.

• Superior King Room

At the time of checking in, one question was rather bizarre when the Check in Officer asked me why one room why not two? I would tend to think that I missed the humor in it :) However, the same person allotted us excellent room and checked us out the next day with utmost friendliness.

The room was like a suite that exceeded my expectation. The value for money exceeded my expectations. The Buffet breakfast had excellent choice and variety. I was surprised that even at 10 am there was a long queue which meant a wait for about 10 minutes before we got seated. The quality of food and squeeze your own orange juice proved that wait was worth it. At the checkout everything went swiftly and there were plenty of help offered to ease us in our car. Thank you Grand Millenium and Thank you Booking.com. Overall an excellent experience.

Nothing in particular.

i specially liked the beds, felt so comfy. the location is nice almost close to all areas. clean, friendly staff, quick service.

• Superior King Room

The reception staff in the dining area. Room that I had booked are good for two. The reception approached us without checking that I should pay for the extra person for breakfast. Its kinda not nice approached at all. She should verify the guest details before approaching especially on dining area. Hotel took deposit either way they can advise the guest later or on check out. Obviously person who booked a hotel are aware on the terms. Not nice at all. Also the housekeeping are knocking on the room and initiate to enter even nobody requested a cleaning on evening time. Not nice gesture as well.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was outdated, dark, no view nor windows were high,,shampoo and other bathroom amenities were filled small bottles that were hard to squeeze! Swimming pool and spa were excellent.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Please ask hotel to supply written instructions how to use washer/dryer. I got my clothes locked inside (undried) and had to call tbe engineer (twice). Re the nice pool: i didn't notice any indication of depth and i didnt touch bottom at all so i think it might be unsuitable for children or non-swimmers.

Bedding was excellent as were room facilities and also buffet breakfast where everything you could imagine was available. Pool was adequate size and heated

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I asked for late check out as i had a wedding to attend in thw same hotel and they grant me until 17h which is great.. i would like to thank them and i really appreciate it ! Thank you

• Superior King Room

Pool area, no sun. Looked boring when we visited. No atmosphere.

Easy to find as I drove. Valet parking was excellent. Central location, great shuttle bus service. Great 25% discount off food & drink in Belgian Cafe & food was delicious. Treat ourselves to surf & turf, very tasty & reasonably priced.

• Superior King Room

The room was awsome, large and comfortable. The bathroom was large and so clean. Staff were more than friendly. Really good exprience. I will defenatetly come again.

• Superior King Room

I don't have anything but a positive contribution to each and every member of staff . What a team!

There are many great hotels in Dubai and this is the one where you really feel at home.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I was asked to make an advance deposit prior entering the my apartment/room, and this was not mentioned in Booking website and its not the policy of all 5 stars hotel. I was not having enough cash (Emirati dirham) and my 2 credit cards was not working that night, I don’t know why, however I had to transfer what have at that time from the SAR to the UAE Dirham according to the rate of exchange of the hotel which is very high. I took an apartment in this hotel so I can hold meeting in my place instead of going out the hotel, then one of my partners (business women) came in the first night and directly I received a call and been informed that visitors (male or female) are not allowed to enter unless I give a copy of their ID/Passport. Now I totally accept this policy because it’s the government policy, but the way the receptions told me and called me twice in my room was not acceptable and I felt very embarrassed. Slef barking was not available although booking mentioned that we are going to have it, instead the hotel is providing a free valet parking.

• Superior King Room

The pillow was not that much comfortable No variety cuisine in the lunch buffet Poor internet connection

The front desk staff Mohammed was very friendly with a nice smile . I reached after midnight and he finished my check in in no time many thanks to him

• Superior King Room

Very late check-in timing.

Booked the hotel for a business associate. The receptionist Dana was extremely helpful and friendly and handled our request with the utmost professionalism.

• Superior King Room

Shower took long time to adjust to the right water temperature and missed bathrobes in the room that was taken away after the first day

Very nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Room was very clean well taken care of by housekeeping staff, Fernando in particular. Concierge service excellent

• Superior King Room

Wanted to book a tour but the price kept going up so didn't go in the end, best to book outside the hotel.

They up graded us to a suite with no charge, our son asked for an upgrade and was charged, so best not to ask. Excellent hotel, staff were so friendly, very well located.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

the waterflow of bath tub is not that good, and didn't check whether i need room in no-smoking floor or not.

Good location, and nice staff, quiet and living comfortable.

• Superior King Room

We didnt like there was not enough supervision at the swimmingpool around 19:00 in the evening. While my daughter of 10 years was swimming she could see a couple kissing and touching in the jacuzzi. Two couples kept on occupying the jacuzzi and so after waiting for more than an hour my daughter had enough and we went back to the room.

amazing staff. Very friendly and they apply excellent standards of hospitality. We were upgraded to a business suite. Wow what a nice room. Also we ate roomservice two nights and the food is very tasty. Loved staying here and very central. You can be in emirates mall quickly. We will definitely return, great location and very quiet.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like the bar location where it is located on my way to the elevator

Location was perfect . Everything was around like pharmacy & coldstore

• Deluxe Room

Upon check in, I only had my debit cards, so they couldn't hold 100 usd, so they came and took the minibar. Was a bit surprised. Cleanliness was not great, the water glasses and coffee cups.

Location, breakfast

• Superior King Room

Everything was good. We got upgrade to suit room 306 which was amazing. The room was big, clean, very good bathroom. The lady from reception was so polite and kind to us (sorry i forgot her name). It was my fiance's birthday and they gave us complimentary cake which made our day more positive. Also I liked breakfast, very good selection of food,everything is fresh. I am glad that choose this hotel. Differently we will come back!

• Superior Twin Room

The only thing that I bothered me was the smell on the floor, I could not understand it. They need to use some freshners.

The rooms are probably the biggest in similar properties, the breakfasts are really good.

• Deluxe Room

Everytime when i stay this hotel, they block 500 AED in case i eat everything inside minibar and not pay! This is completely stupid and first time i saw in a hotel! It is like you go to a restaurant and they take your money first as a deposit and then they serve you! I am fighting for this stupid process.. The only good thing is their staff who are very positive and trying to explain why they do this.. I like them..

They have excellent staff !!!

Thanks to the reception specially Katy the hotel was quiet and clean they upgraded our two rooms to two sweets and add breakfast to one of the rooms we were in 806 and 807 THE BREAKFAST &bars was good

• Superior Twin Room

They don’t have water hose or spray kit in guest bathrooms only In communal toilets. Also, location is bit far from old Dubai

We were welcomed by Linar, she is very professional and welcoming staff. They offered us refreshments whilst they checked us in. Linar, then gave us upgrades. All the facilities and good breakfast plenty to choose from. I also would like to thank Santosh from housekeeping bring my laundry in super expressway. I also asked for Santosh top man.

• Superior King Room

Very nice hotel with large and clean rooms. Karaoke bar is very fun. Breakfast is sufficient. Location is good, close to Sh. Zayed road. Staff was very nice. Overall it was a good experience and I would come back again.

• Superior Twin Room

All staff are professional and eager to help resolve a problem, or help with directions. The Dubai Metro is within easy walking distance from the hotel. The breakfast catered for all tastes.

• Superior King Room

We arrived at 9 am from our flight and there was no possibility of checking in before 3 pm (unless paying 75 EUR). However, we could use the pool and the spa facilities and could refresh ourselves (great shower, everything provided).

Very spacious room. Fantastic breakfast. Great service and very friendly and helpful staff. Last but not least, free shuttle to many of the city's attraction (we went to the beach and the Dubai mall).

• Family Suite

The attitude and approach of the security my wife and sistet in law outside 1 of the bars.

Had a lot of variety for food and beverages. Room was very big and comfortable. Good location to higheays and metro.

• Deluxe Room

Bugs in software providing you with WiFi service: if yu bought a paid WiFi service once you cannot access a free one anymore. Also the paid for WiFi is rather expensive.

Fast response to my queries, fast and efficient fixing of air conditioner

• Superior King Room

The inconvenience of the noise coming up from the night club that stays open till 3:00 am which is really annoying as it distracts the quietness of your room no matter what floor you’re in.

The overall room cleanliness, the staff readiness to accommodate your needs, the valet service and the variety of breakfast items offered. The upgrade to the executive and business suits was amazing.

• Family Suite

The little white lady at reception never ever smile as part of her a job as welcoming to the customers and she took time to create the paper work and check in time took forever!!! There were no outside parking all parking are full due limited place of this hotel, & they did not allow me to drive my vehicle to the basement parking & they fail to explain why??? Also. They give me the wrong room details as stated in booking.com, I start complaining and after 30 minutes Thanks for Mr. Mohammed at the reception he understood the situation and solved the problem right away( this is the only person who understands the way how to talk with people in that hotel and he was very kind & attitude person). Now we are in the right room so far: here the furniture are very old and some draws are not open, the a/c unit in one room is not off, I had to call room services to send a technician to troubleshooting. At night of the first day, we arrived the room and entered the kitchen & it was full of Cockroaches which they start hiding as soon we enter the kitchen so that night we did not take our dinner which we kept in the kitchen at the arrival time. In the bathrooms both washing sinks are plugged off and water stays in the sinks until check out time, long story short I was booking to stay 2 nights but next day I checked out and they did take from me 55% of the 2nd night rate which is not fair at all. This is the most horrible hotel I had stay in my life as I did travel to 22 country before and never seen hotel like this. Personally, I did not recommend it to anyone even they said stay for free. I was going to upload some evidence photos but my gsm had an issue so all photos were deleted.:(

Absolutely nothing:)

• Superior King Room

The concierge was awful, disrespectful and ill-mannered, never staying at this property again, I checked out a night earlier and will not book this hotel again, additionally, the duty manager didn't offer anything but a lame apology for the behavior of his employees

Location in tecom was convenient

• Superior Twin Room

Gave us smoking room although we booked nonsmoking one, had to go down to reseption to change, dark room lighting, no dental kit till we called them, slow wifi, very small beds.

Elevators, breakfast was good, free valet parking.

• Superior King Room

The breakfast was good not as our expectation ... they not allow me to extend my checkout for hulaf hour

The stuff was friendly.. hotel room was clean and cofortable

• Superior King Room

was overcharged for early check in even though I had booked telling them I would be arriving early at 8 am they charges 330 Dirhams just for a few hours was really angry and upset but I had to pay as I was really tired and needed to sleep cash machine at this hotel only gives minimum 500 Dirhams not less

breakfast buffet was really good comfortable pillows and bedding

• Deluxe Room

Very poor services at arrival, entrance blocked by cars, delayed luggage service. Courtains not sliding due to poor maintenance.

Good location, live music bar.

• Studio Apartment

The executive Club. It was the only disappointing thing. Always not ready to receive guests and most of the times no one is available to help. Also, always nothing to eat or drink. Never reflected an executive club to me.

I liked the hotel all in all.

• Superior King Room

Fantastic choice of cooked breakfast, continental or middle eastern foods.. De-tox water, freshly squeezed orange juice machine plus coffees, teas, water, other juices.

• Deluxe Room

The listing in booking.com says playroom available . However the playroom is only available on Fridays 11am -15pm . The information on booking.com is misleading.

Accommodated our needs for quiet and staff at check in very helpful

• Family Suite

The beds on the second room are single beds, so don't expect to accommodate more than one child in each bed. For some unknown reason we only had hot water in the shower, after complaining we were told to close the valve the toilet every time we would like to use the shower. The fridge was not working properly, it will freeze everything.

The buffet breakfast was superb, good value for money. The location is a bit distant from the main attractions, so expect to pay extra in taxis.

• Superior King Room

had bathroom being bit bigger it would have been better.Specially the shower there is very little space.

The front desk staff was very helpful specially Ms Pauline. The bar and food is very good specially the belgian beer bar

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Two bedroom apt description shows city or sea view but my apartment view was blocked from neighboring building from all sides, you only get a partial city view when you get close to window

Size of the 2 bedroom aprtment

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The kitchen in our apartment room lacked a few ‘essentials’ like washing up liquid, dish cloth, washing powder (as there was a washing machine). I also couldn’t change the air con temp but I’m sure has I asked someone would have come up quickly to sort it.

clean, lovely room. Excellent and efficient staff. Great room service. A very high standard of hotel in my opinion.

• Superior King Room

The room's carpet was wet and they just put a towel rather than drying that up; I was given a room on smoking floor despite clearly telling them that I am allergic to smoke; bathroom was leaking and dirty water through the taps .

• Superior King Room

Hotel is shown as 5 star on booking.com but does not meet they customer expectation as 5 star , room bathroom amenities are very limited and normal even these amenities are now days provided in a 2 Star hotel

Breakfast was good

• Superior King Room

The service at checkin wasn't on par with other services at the hotel. The lady who served us really needs to look at her customer service skills. Thank fully everyone else was amazing which kind of made up for her lack of service. There is the lock stock and barrel bar here which means it gets very busy in an evening, I didn't appreciate arriving at the hotel after a day out around 10pm with my niece and her having to watch some very drunk people. Also our taxi was stopped near the entrance to ask if we were here for the same bar, again not very nice for this to happen when you have a child in the car.

The service at breakfast was amazing and the lifeguard in the pool area was amazing too! Ambience in the breakfast room was lovely.

• Superior King Room

Water in shower was cold took ages to get warm wasnt hot enough. Also the room was very cold even with AC off. Not enough non smoking areas to eat. Facilities in the fitness area were not on and working jacuzzi was off no ice in the ice foubtain shauna light didnt work.

Quick service and friendly room service staff. Food was enjoyable nice upgrade of my room and comfortable room. Great location & lovely artwork throughout the hotel. Very enjoyabe stay.

• Superior King Room

The room was not cleanded properly, there was still water inside coffee machine. The sink hole cover could not be opened.

Friendly Staff, the hotel had many Resturants, They upgraded my room to Suite .

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

1-Blumping facilities were in very bad conditions and require a maintenance 2- the fridge was not working and spoiled the food.

1-Location 2- good housekeeping 3-Parking service was good. 4-The break fast was full of varaities with good staff .

• Superior King Room

The loud drunken people in the main reception hall of the hotel. The music was way too loud.

The room was very clean and nice and the free upgrade was definitely an advantage.

• Superior King Room

We didnt dislike a thing .

Very helpful staff , comfortable suites,very tasty breakfast with wide variety of food,there are many options of entertaiment in the hotel specially during weekends.

• Studio Apartment

-there was no kids play area -it was written in the room description that it includes DVD player but there wasn't, however they went to watch them in the movie theater at the hotel which was nice

• Superior King Room

Swimming pool in very bad position.. you never see the sun. Too expensive compared to what was offered, construction sites around the hotel. The well-sealed sea view is miles away

• Superior King Room

The bathroom is a bit old, and it takes time for the water in the shower to become hot, if ever, which was very disappointing! One of the tiles near the window was not stable, which could be very dangerous for anyone stepping on it and looking at the view from the window (Please fix).

Location was very suitable, the staff were very friendly, and the availability of many different restaurants and bars at the hotel was very convenient!

• Deluxe Room

The windows are not soundproof .. Although i was staying on the 16th floor but i was still able to hear the cars out side.. and the there were no power plugs near the bad

Staff.. the lounge and the Lebanese restaurant and loved the bed

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Pool is the same depth throughout - 1.55m so not very safe for young children. Beds were very soft and pillows need replacing. Our dishes were washed and laid out on a bath towel to dry!

Lots of space, great location. room service food is average.

• Superior King Room

The ac cut in And off in our room so through that night it would get really warm, And the bed was a little uncomfortable.

The restaurants and entertainment

• Superior King Room

Great hotel.Very good breakfast, with a lot of fruits and fresh orange juise.Hotel has free bus shutles to JBR beach, The mall, emirates mall, outlet mall, park... The pool on 18 floor was good place to relax.

• Superior King Room

Staff were professional and very friendly, ready at your service. This made my stay seem so short. Wish I could stay longer. Will be back. Thanks to Alfred, Melanie, Carol and the team who made me look forward to breakfast every morning.

• Superior King Room

Nothing to complain may be more choices for breakfast

The room is big with nice big windows ,the facility of the room was nice ,we really liked everything in this trip to Dubai. The bar was amazing

Browse Grand Millennium Dubai traveller photo gallery