Reviews of Jumeirah Mina A'Salam - Madinat Jumeirah 5 stars

King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street, Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Umm Suqeim, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#18 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Arabian Deluxe

Booking.com gave me higher price plus I booked a room with breakfast when I had arrived it’s only booking for a room with no breakfast and no Qitaf points

Every thing was great

• Ocean Deluxe Room

We had a drink in the lobby area which was such a huge disappointment, I had a glass of red wine which cost £16 (phew!) which was undrinkable. As an compliment to the drinks they brought a very small dish of peanuts and equally small bowl of spicy crisps the quality was very poor and very cheap in relation to the cost of my drinks. In the lobby a Member of staff in Arabic national dress serves Arabic coffee and dates in the evening, as it was Ramadan, but we were not offered it as it would seem that he was only offering to people wearing national dress!!!!

I did like the comfort of the bed and the arabesque look of the room. They placed a bowl of fruit in the room which was a lovely touch and the staff were on the whole helpful.

• Executive Arabian

We loved absolutely everything about this hotel. helped by the fact we were very Kindly upgraded to the Royal suite. it was absolutely out of this world. The service was fantastic.

• Arabian Deluxe

Food and Drinks were extremely expensive compared to Europe.

The resort is fabulous. The staff is super friendly and hospitality is enormous Luxurious service compared to other 5 star resorts.

• Arabian Deluxe

Nothing, and if we'd found something I'm sure they'd have sorted it!

This resort is absolutely FIRST CLASS. We couldn't fault one single thing. The room was fantastic, ALL the staff were so polite, friendly and helpful. The choice of restaurants was brilliant, the beach fantastic. The whole place is amazing!

• Ocean Deluxe Room

I can't think of anything negative. Everything was perfect.

The service is impeccable. Everybody has a smile on his/her face and makes you feel welcome. Beautiful, luxurious facilities, very tastefully decorated. Top location.

• Executive Arabian

Some of the restaurants that are part of the hotel aren’t that great & are expensive considering they really are average quality - the top end & none hotel owned ones tend to be much better and are very good but expect to pay west London top prices. Breakfast - would be nice to have an a la carte choice - buffets get tiresome

good service, lots to do, good level of luxury , great range of places to eat

• Executive Ocean

The whole set-up with the boats, some of the best restaurants in Dubai, view, buggy shuttle service, Executive Clubs ( for kids and for adults only). The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

• Arabian Room

First floor rooms with windows to al naseem hotel were very noisy. Noise comes from air conditioning equipment. After claiming, room were changed to higher floor. There were quiet but not completely.

Food and the sea

Food and the sea.

• Arabian Deluxe

Pool is to swim and relax only, lifeguards are strict and rude. I would not recommend it for families with children.

Excellent location and service. Great breakfast buffet.

• Arabian Room

Service not good, anoising in the room, can not sleep, but no people help after 2 and half hours i the midnight 2 oclock. No acommpensation! Very bad sleep exeprienc!

The location and cleaningness

I received a very unpleasant experience from the hotel staff especially those responsible for the initial booking, check-in and check-out .... they hardly even smile, and lots of un-necessary troubles they make .... It was so strange such behavior from such highly ranked hotel.

• Executive Ocean

The food included in the half-board was fine and there were a lot of options but it was not of the same high standard as everything else.

We travelled with 4 kids,(4mo, two 11yo and a 14yo) and had a very, very relaxing and fun vacation. Perfect for families if you’re not on a tight budget.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

We had Club admission which was very poor service and breakfast was less good than the main breakfast. There was a lot of confusion around our booking. We asked for a wake up call at 05.15 and it happened at 03.15, not well pleased.

Good restaurants, on the beach high luxury but lacking in personality and personal service

• Ocean Deluxe Room

The security staff on the beach checking in weird ways if you are staying at the hotel. Bad manners.

The best ocean deluxe room view is 500. A long walk from the lift but worth the view.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

We requested a king size bed and had a 1 and 2 year old with us. They put us into two beds pushed together and above a restaurant with really loud music till the early hours. I spoke to the duty manager who moved us....1 floor up. Every night the noise continued. Not worth paying £400 a night for

Cot for baby and products was a lovely touch

• Arabian Deluxe

The personal touches. 1) housekeeping left a souvenir bookmarker in my mothers book when they made up the room one morning and my mother had left her book open on a page... 2) housekeeping noticed my reading glasses case left on the dresser, they placed a glasses cleaning cloth underneath the case when we returned to the room - fantastic! 3) when we placed a "do not disturb" light, your housekeeping staff left a note under the door to mention that they had been past and did not disturb 4) when we requested housekeeping to bring us tea bags and milk, the service was always prompt, efficient and incredibly polite. THANK YOU! 5) the staff on the beach who provide towels and water are all so friendly, polite and efficient. Excellent! THANK YOU!

• Executive Ocean

Poor time keeping from drivers Salmon at rockfish really not very good - avoid this dish Need new tennis balls at tennis centre

Nice beach Good spa

• Executive Arabian

The distance between our room to elevator was too much, I was happy that I was not with my kids because we have to walk a lot each time. Everything was expensive

The beach, the balcony in front of the loby, breakfast...room and bed,

• Ocean Deluxe Room

Complimentary transit to airport was advertised but when I asked it was not available which I thought was a contradiction. Ended up paying for a private car, no big deal.

Superb and friendly service

• Arabian Deluxe

It was a nice day .. every thing was clean and beautiful.. i like breakfast and the entrance of the hotel.. it was valentines day and everything was red and romantic...

• Arabian Deluxe

I request by the booking.com site to prepar a baby bed for 1 years old they didnt prepar it and take almost 2 hours and I have to call reception twice And once I entered my room the TV wasn't work because the electricity plug was taken off. And the bathroom shower and bath they was cold I couldn't take shower until the next day

I like the friendly staff and the size of the room

• Arabian Deluxe

The hotel could do a better job of notifying customers regarding the upcoming global summit, which caused some troubles and notifying the failure of delivering airport transfer in advance. But the overall staying experience was good, no major complaints.

The private beach is simply awesome, really clean sand and sea, right next to Burj Al Arab. The view is breathtaking. And plenty of food choices, with large garden to wander around. And the mini creek with free Abra rides is so memorizable.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

The attidude of staff at reception was a bit dry and uncaring. Then on the beach a security staff approached me very abruptly and asked me for my room number (which is fine) and checked on his computer but it was made in a manner that made me feel very uncomfortable. Just an hour later, 2 chinese groups came to take pictures on the beach of the Burj al Arab but they were almost touching my sunbed, and not more that 1 meters from me and talking very loudly with no respect for my privacy. It was awful becsuse they stayed for an hour and never stop yelling far away from each other. At that moment the security staff and the other beach staff who could see I was very unhappy with the situation, but didn't react or say anything. It is my expectation that a resort of such high standard would protect each guests' privacy.

• Arabian Room

I wish the hotel had a laundry where I could do my own washing and drying as the laundry services was too expensive and not suitable for families.

The atmosphere

• Arabian Room

Cost of breakfast and little option for something smaller for breakfast. Had to go to costa which isn't a part of the resort which is a shame. Would have liked choice of pillows although when I asked for different one they provided straight away. The Mexican restaurant Tortuga tasting menu didn't really provided much in the way of traditional Mexican food other than guacamole and two of the courses where virtually the same thing. We had raw tuna for one course and got food poisoning

Discount application provided by hotel (ISME) which halved the cost of our main meals which are expensive otherwise. Water in room provided more every day, beach service - towel laying, ice and water, fresh fruit and lolly etc all free, boat transfers to other parts of the hotel, comfortable bed, help getting a plaster for a blister, glorious weather everyday at this time of year (January)

• Ocean Deluxe Room

The lobby area is a bit chaotic.

Very detailed service. I put my glasses on the table in the morning and I found out they put a cleaning cloth underneath the glasses. So sweet! Must go to the beach, great spot to chill and selfies with Burj Al Arab.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

The property was great, however we didn't get a very good welcome when we arrived we had to figure our way about or what we could do.

The staff were amazing, so attentive. They wanted to look after our daughter and made her feel so welcome.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

As during our previous stays there, the quality, service, and everything provided was exceptional, redefining the standards of how a hotel should be. Recommended to all travelers who can afford it, it is really worth the price.

• Arabian Deluxe

Only criticism is that payment was to be taken at any time between booking and date of arrival which was inconvenient (meaning I had to have that money in my account for over a month waiting for it to be processed), and then when I tried contacting the hotel through Booking.com I never received a reply.

Absolutely loved everything about our stay at Madinat Jumeirah, Mina A’salam! Staff and facilities were amazing. Couldn’t rate it more highly.

• Arabian Room

When we booked,we specifecly asked if the sofa bed in a separate aria from main bed,the answer was yes.actually it wasn't. We paid more than the price given at the time of booking!! I wasn't happy with that

• Ocean Deluxe Room

Even though I chose a king size. Unfortunately theu disnt have any other king size bed available. Therefore the bed wasn’t comfortable. Overall the rooms are old. I would expect nicer room for such price. Breakfast was ordinary.

Good location, rooms have very nice view. There are so many restaurant choices within the same complex.

• Arabian Room

The added extra cost that booking.com didn’t inform us abaout was very disappointing and the hotel taking money from our account although they said they was blocking it.

Hotel was stunning and staff couldn’t do enough for you. I love the use of the gondalows to get about on.

• Arabian Deluxe

The control system for the lights was a bit confusing and a guide for this available in the room would have been appreciated The price of food and drink in the whole resort was expensive

Great location, the hotel itself and the room was fabulous. Great 5 star service at pool and beach and staff were all very friendly. Hopping on the Abras to visit the souk was a real highlight! Wish we had longer to avail of water sports and try more of the different restaurants

Nothing comes to mind

The breakfast selection was very good, the hotel facilities and staff were superb, so much attention to detail, nothing was too much trouble. We loved the great view of the Gulf and the Burge from our bedroom balcony. The beach and pool were perfect for chilling out and the array of restaurants at the resort meant we didn't eat in the same place twice as we had so much choice...

• Ocean Deluxe Room

In terms of value for money this property rates incredibly low. It is a glorified package tour hotel charging incredibly high prices for a mediocre room that is quite old and with a poor quality A/C and Shower. We had stains on the chairs and didn't feel it was overly clean. They want you to basically take the room and board package and stay entirely within the Madinat development but in terms of value for money it is just not worth it. There are so many better hotels in Dubai at which you can pay half the price. The Balcony had Zero privacy as you overlook and are overlooked by 50 other rooms. Despite complaining about this we were shown an alternative room which was worse and when we said we didnt want to move to that they took no further action. It was also sold as an Ocean View room but this required a contortionist act and certainly failed trade descriptions. Restaurants at the Madinat are all mediocre and you get the feeling they are all connected to the property. The only nice meal we had was lunch at Shimmers, the beach restaurant, which is part of the hotel. We tried PierChic and would strongly recommend don't, very pricey with pretty bland food and hugely overpriced wines. Even at Shimmers the wines are incredibly expensive and although we asked to pay corkage and bring our own it took a half hour wait before we were told this was not possible. Service is very hit or miss with some staff being great and others that apparently just cant be bothered. I go to Dubai 2-3 times per year and stay in 5 star+ hotels and usually feel very happy, service levels are generally quite high and you get a good bang for your buck, this hotel was just awful and I truly felt ripped off as they charge a lot of money and fail to deliver on all fronts.

Breakfast was good even though expensive but I cannot say much more that I actually like about this property.

• Executive Arabian

Our Arabian executive room had a southern exposure towards the souk, which made it interesting but slightly noisy (also from hotel service vehicles beneath) and full of blazing sun most of the day. Ask for windows facing west or north, if available. For the money the room decor was a bit generic if not basic.

Right on a very walkable beach. Connected to a small touristy but convenient mall (souk) with restaurants, cafes and shops. Huge gym and both indoor and outdoor pools. Prompt, attentive service and great selection of items at breakfast buffet. Well equipped room with a big bathroom and a full size tub. The resort caters heavily to mainly European family oriented tourism. Lots of small but well behaved kids everywhere. If that’s why you come to Dubai you will feel right at home. Hotel is relatively far from Dubai Mall (so called downtown) but close to the Emirates Mall.

• Arabian Room

Bidet instead of spray hose. Not enough direction boards indoors and outdoors. The rates.

The service and staff are outstanding. Check-in hassle free and received a complimentary upgrade. The tv is big compared to other hotels. Fast room service. Fancy slippers.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

For a 1200eur per night my husband, my 3 yr old son and I were sleeping in the most uncomfortable super soft mattress bed together because unfolding sofa bed is not possible to sleep in for the child as he would be hitting his head into metal frame around him. We were in the tiniest room with almost no space to unpack for our 10 day stay (closet has one rack with 10 hangers and NO SHELVES!). The rooms are a total disappointment in every way, no comfort and no value for money whatsoever. By the end of the stay my back was hurting me horribly due to bad bed and sleeping experience, I couldn’t wait to go home.

Location, restaurants and beach are good. Pool bar and restaurant at Jumairah resort in Naseem hotel is excellent, amazing food.

• Arabian Deluxe

great rooms with excellent service both in the hotel and on the beach; plenty of restaurants to choose from and excellent service all over. There is hardly anything to complain about and I can only recommend to book this hotel when coming to Dubai. Access to all restaurants in the Medinat Jumeirah as well as the Wild Wadi water park is included.

• Arabian Deluxe

A structure of this level would be preferable to make sure, when a guest asks for a taxi, that the non-official ones are not present (unless expressly requested). But it is a venial sin

We are at very high levels of quality, so the stay was fantastic and beautiful. Inevitably, the costs are a bit high. A special thanks to the lounge for "celebrating" my wife's birthday

• Arabian Room

No special requests were observed! Standard rooms - Arabian Deluxe are located in the sides of the hotel. Crap views !

Location is amazing Huge Souk & Xmas festival on the Jumeirah grounds.

• Arabian Room

The pool are is quite small but guests are free to use Al Qasr pool and can access via a lovely little boat ride from just outside Mina Al Salam

Absolutely love the Jumeirah hotels in the Madinat Jumeirah. The hotel was lovely, breakfast great and the staff very helpful, will definitely return. The only negative which is a very small one is that the pool area isn't as nice as Al Qasr, which guests Mina Al Salam are able to use anyway.

• Arabian Deluxe

Expensive, Half board flavours option often result in additional charges, Mini Bar costs are very, very high for example 5cl Gin is £16 without Tonic. Some confusion with the booking made with Booking.com resulted in lengthy check in and despite assurances it was resolved also created confusion at every breakfast sitting.

Great Location, Hotel complex is huge with great facilities and is very well maintained, Beaches are excellent. Quality of food is very good as is the huge range of dining and drinking locations within the complex.

• Executive Arabian

Check in took a little more time than anticipated

Staff were excellent specially the pool and premium lounge staff. Pool was great. Amazing hotel overall.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

formality of having to state your room number and name every time you pass the foyer .staff always there quite near lifts to ask you ,feels as tho your getting interrogated .just in order to access lifts or restaurants or room so if have a friend or guest they won't be allowed to access your room or even meet you in any of restaurants within the hotel unless they have ID on them and shown at reception.and even get asked on approaching the beach which room you are staying in .contradicts the fact the staff treat you very well.it does start to annoy you after a few days .

The attention to detail in the service and decor .even on the privat e beach the service you receive is very high standard .

We loved everything!

The whole hotel was beyond our expectations...excellent place to stay if you are a couple or with family. 5* service. We will definitely be returning and have decided it would only be at he Madinat.

• Arabian Deluxe

The reception personnel is very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is made in nice looking Arabic style. The room is not so big, but comfortable. The beach personnel should be more attentive to the hotel guests. The territory is very nice and green. They have a lot of very good restaurants. You can find also turtle rehabilitation center on the territory. The view at Burj Al Arab is spectacular. The cleaning staff is very nice and attentive. In general, you will enjoy your stay at Madinat. One of the best hotels in Dubai❤️.P.S. Wild Wadi water park is free for guests with unlimited access.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

Booking.com not making me aware there would be a supplement for the extra bed in the room, even though I emailed them numerous times after booking & before arriving to make sure room would be suitable for myself & my two sons (both aged over 18.) A shock to be told on check in that a supplement of £500 was required!!!!

• Arabian Deluxe

Having to have the Rooms cleaned in the morning took longer then expected

Lots to do for young kids and they loved the fact the outdoor space was so big

• Arabian Room

I didn’t like the fact that I had to leave

The service was absolutely fantastic. Staff were polite and friendly, the facilities were amazing and the breakfast was out of this world.

• Arabian Deluxe

Great facility. Room, souks, boat to look around and restaurants. Private beach is also well managed. Running beside beach in the morning was also feeling good.

• Arabian Deluxe

A little earlier check in for families with children under four years would be very much appreciated.

The hotel & the restaurants. Extreamly family friendly.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

We had asked to an early check in since our plane arrived early in the morning. We only got the room at 15:00. I cannot understand how, with hundreds of rooms, they could not find us a room before then.

Friendly and competent staff, excellent facilities, location, security

• Ocean Deluxe Room

No 'happy hour' at pool bar.

Great hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Excellent restaurant options (with half board package). We particularly enjoyed the 'abra shuttle' around the resort. Able to use the other Jumeira Hotel facilities easily as well.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

The beach bar was closed. Rock Fish restaurant was closed. Renovations going on every where. Constant noise even through the night, and loud first thing in the morning. This was a massive disappointment.

Stayed here several times. Normally excellent in every department.

• Arabian Room

Sent countless emails to arrange pick up from the airport. No response. No one picked us up. No one took responsibility. Wouldn’t let us check out 1 minutes past check out. Wouldn’t recommend this place. The staff were nice but it was very fake and forced. Food was pretty bad also.

Boat ride was ok

• Arabian Deluxe

Had problems with technology in our room. Light randomly coming on, air con didn't work very well and tv didn't work when we arrived. All was rectified within 24 hrs

Very comfy bed. Resort is beautiful, amazing views and beach

• Ocean Deluxe Room

Temperature was a little hot, lol

Absolutely awesome holiday, Jumeriah Mina A'Salam was one of the best kept secrets in Dubai. The close proximity of the Madinat for shopping, restaurants and bars.

• Arabian Room

EXCELLENT SERVICE, GREAT FACILITIES, BEACH SERVICE GREAT, BOAT AND BUGGIE TRANSFERS A REALLY NICE TOUCH. BREAKFAST CHOICE REALLY GOOD, STAFF REALLY PLEASANT, HOTEL IN EXCELLENT LOCATION

• Arabian Deluxe

To be honest I can not make a complaint Maybe 5 days is not time enough to see all and soak up the sun

The selection choice and quality of food for breakfast was excellent . I also had dinner there on the last night of my holiday it was to die for The selection for all courses was truly wonderful The desert menu was to die for !!!The staff inside and outside the hotel were so friendly and professional Its a great place to have a base Its just a taxi away from all the shopping areas and the souk attached to the hotel was lovely We paid a visit to a lovely Jewellery shop named "Eva Gems" and were met by a very professional man named Sanjay. Its also worth a visit to the old part of Dubai and the port The wonderful aromas coming from all the different spices is worth a visit

• Arabian Deluxe

Bed and shower (I am fussy on those two...;-))

Upgraded room was appreciated. The pool is magnificent. View is amazing. Great facilities in the property.

• Arabian Room

Breakfast smorgasbord. Free boat rides around the lake. View. Being on the water. the pool Friendly staff. Decor with local flavour - in reception area and in rooms. Great hotel

• Ocean Deluxe Room

The check-in staff mishandled our request. We were a family of three with a 10 year old kid. We we told that all three of us could enter the wild wadi water park during our stay. However when we arrived the water park, they only registered 2 persons for entry. It took us more than 15 minutes to sort things out. Also on the departure day, we were told earlier that we could extend our stay until 2pm. But we received a call at 12:00pm saying that we have to leave by 1pm, and after the negotiation we left ard 130pm. I had to ask my husband and daughter to leave the swimming pool right after the call! I wasn't sure whether the check-in staff had taken our request seriously. Also for the breakfast, we were told we could go any of the four hotels to have our breakfast (on Friday). But when we arrive Al-Naseem for breakfast, the counter staff refused to let us in as they was'nt sure whether the restaurant was opened for other hotel guests. Again, we waited but at last got into the restaurant. I think the staff was'nt clear about the instructions

Delicious breakfast and very comfortable room

• Arabian Room

The whole Jumeirah complex is unbelievable. It gives you the sense of being in an oasis. The staff are so accommodating and friendly. We were celebrating a Birthday and minutes of our arrival, a bouquet of roses, a cake, fruit platter and chocolates were delivered to our room, with compliments. Such service, such opulence!

drinks were pricey

staff were amazing and were soo helpful and accommodating. Inna from reception made it all happen for us she was amazing.kids loved her too . going half board i fully recommend it.

• Ocean Deluxe Room

Perfect resort with outstanding services Huge variety of activities, many kinds of restaurants, polite stuff, helpful always satisfying customer wishes. Very clean room, big and comfortable bed, perfect beach and nice pool with view. The gondola ride and the buggies were free to customers. For my girlfriend's birthday they offered us a birthday cake and a very beautiful bouquet of flowers as a surprise in our room. According to the latest fashion around the world, perfect location for instagram photos. Was my first time there, but certainly not the last one.

• Arabian Deluxe

No complaints, the stuff is trying to do their best to satisfy any guest

Madinat is like separate territory with lots of facilities and you don't need to go anywhere outside. Just enjoy the beauty around you!

• Arabian Room

Very hard to think of anything negative. If I was being very picky I would say they could do with a new mattress, but to be honest the mattress was perfectly fine, thick, fluffy and not squeaky, but maybe slightly too squidgy. It is being very very picky as said.

Even though this is a slightly old property it was excellently maintained, the staff were extremely professional and the club executive lounge was fantastic serving complimentary French champagne. The access to all the other areas and hotels makes it so convenient and you have a huge choice of restaurants, over +80, and tons of other facilities.

• Arabian Room

Some restaurants are expensive, but you could go to souk madinat where you could find some cheaper resto.

I like the facilities in the hotel, buffet breakfast was awesome!!! Riding the abra is a great experience where you ride a boat to access different location of the hotel or the buggy car. Location was near burj al arab which could see it up close. I like the staff very kind at fast service. For me it was one of the best hotel that i stay in dubai. I will not hesitate to come and stay again to this hotel highly recommended!!!

• Arabian Deluxe

The whole resort is amazing, all the hotel staff are so Friendly and helpful. The restaurants, pools and beach are excellent. Rooms are clean and lovely.

• Arabian Deluxe

Privacy issue They opend the door without knocking Enogh !!! And we are muslims They can't open the door just like that And women shouldn't walk in the resort with the bathing suits

It was a really fun experience I enjoyed the Wild Wady water park And the kids zone was excellent The view and the water transfer via the ships was extremely amazing , highly recommend

• Arabian Deluxe

Room was very far on the floor you have to walk quarter of a mile :)

Best stay with comfortable bed and sofa cum bed to accomodate the family. Boat and buggy ride was free for hotel custimers and that save lot of time in going places Talise Gym was perfect.for a good start of the day

• Ocean Deluxe Room

Room service takes a bit too long & breakfast didn't have salt & pepper. The pizza is a bit raw unless you specify to cook for longer. Other than that, everything was perfect

Everything was so amazing. I love this hotel

Browse Jumeirah Mina A'Salam - Madinat Jumeirah traveller photo gallery