Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai 5 stars

19th Street, Oud Metha Street, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#149 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Superior Twin Room

Nothing much really - except that housekeeping had kept a used spoon in the room with my coffee mug when I checked-in. That's no biggie. We just got a new one.

The property is in a prime location and convenient when you have to get to almost anywhere in Dubai. The staff are exceptional, warm, friendly and always ready to go the extra mile. The Front Desk Reservations staff FAAD was brilliant, from providing to information to making the entire process so smooth, even when it came to making sure we got the right kind of room we were looking for to when we extended our stay. The guys at the Valet are fantastic. Never frowned, and always accommodated requests (we were going in and out of the property a number of times, hence!) The property is a total value for money - and a 5 Star experience in totality! Must stay.

• Superior Twin Room

you will not find any near by restaurants

everything were amazing room is clean bed is comfy food from the Indian Restaurant were delicious room service staff were so friendly and provide all our requirement starbucks was the best best thing in the hotel

• Superior King Room

The staff gave me a room downgraded a standard room with a very poor view not what I have booked, but changed the room when I complained but still was given a standard room not the superior room I have booked, the swimmingpool is very small and shallow, the hotel is noisy

Location is near my office it is clean

• Superior King Room

The valet service personal were un respectful, and the room service was slow especially for breakfast and for getting some help with the lagauge.

The price was good

• Apartment 2 Bedrooms

Photos show are movepic hotel the apartment is completely different not standards are not up to 3 star after 8pm no one is at reception not even security guard old building. Using the booking.com last 10 years this is first disappointment the value I got it is half the money paid

Location this is the only

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Burj Khalifa view

Nil

A very helpful and friendly staff member called Joseph helped us to our beautiful two bedroom apartment. We loved our view of downtown Dubai! Especially the Burj Khalifa view!

• Superior Twin Room

Fresh berries in the breakfast would have been nice, possibility of order food by the pool would be nice; if this is possible, it was not at all visible.

Comfy bed, great pillow, well equipped gym and nice with 24hour access

• Superior King Room

I was asked to pay security deposit upon checking in which I later found out was not necessary.

The hotel had grand, beautiful decor. The hotel staff was very helpful.

• Superior Twin Room

-Check in / check out time is the longest across all +1000 hotels I’ve visted, even when you arrived directly to the desk, you stay long which is not the case in other hotels. -Food is expensive.

Very clean hotel Good services Very good staff, always smiling

• Apartment 2 Bedrooms

I booked 2 bed room apartment but only having one bathroom with shower Old apartment and not a 5 stares facility Bad smell Noise Not reflecting a Movenpick repetition

Car parking Internet Location

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bedrooms don’t have any windows that open and having a new baby we found that very hard. However the manager made us sign a form as it is a health and safety issue. Finally we was given a key so we could open them when we wanted.

The food was by far the best Iv had in Dubai. Will highly recommend. Everyday there was a different theme at the restaurant.

• Superior Twin Room

The hotel placed will and in good environments its clean the furniture is old and the path room to old too.. its rounded with different markets ,restaurants and local grocers The staff are smiling to every one the front disk are ok too The breakfast is not good as priced !!!

• Superior Twin Room

We requested for nonsmoking room, we found smoking smell stick to room, Restaurant front of reception area with food smell all the time and this is not comfortable for costumers We was hearing every night high voice music coming from night club and really not acceptable

• Superior Twin Room

One Egyptian receptionist(called Micheal) ,he told me there is no vacancy room for last day.I show him thru booking .com that there is room.He said to me ok there is room. Do not worry.But yesterday I found that he does not book me and they raised the price due to new year the bath room still not fixed and water still all day and night running.

Security staff.They are very helpful and very polite.Helping to carry luggage from car. I appreciate and also the non Egyptian reception ladies.Theyare very polite and helpful.

• Superior King Room

I booked my room 2 weeks ahead and when I arrived the reception told me i have to wait for the manager. The General manager told me that there are no available rooms and that now (12am) he will offer me to an other near by hotel. I told him that I have a booking and I paid for the room in advanced. Mr. Taha the General manager of the hotel said the hotel is sold out even the suits. I told him I will call booking.com and he said "call them to help you" and after 2 hour he said he will offer me a luxury room. And unfortunately it was a room at the end of the corridor with a wall view from the window. I requested an other room and Mr. TAHA insisted that there are no rooms, in which it was obvious that the hotel was not that busy. He treated me with no respect and tried to cheat me.

• Superior King Room

The new payment method is complicated and not through booking.com they use their own payment which not convenient

great location good value for money, however I face a problem with raging my card since Movenpick management changed the payment method which creat many complications

• Superior Twin Room

They didn't give me room as i request smoking room until the next afternoon , and when they shift my stuff they lost my sunglass

The staff helpfull

• Superior Twin Room

Cold water in the shower 2 days running and the breakfast area was overrun with conference guests making it a rather frantic experience hunting for cutlery, cups etc even once you had been allocated a table.

Housekeeping were always efficient and would check later in the day if there was anything else needed. Relatively quiet hotel, pool never appeared to be very busy and the staff on the rooftop were always attentive and helpful.

• Superior King Room

A bit of a smoky smell to the lobby and room.

Really outstanding personal service by every staff member. Bed was very comfortable and very good breakfast. Good pool area and shuttle to the mall & beach.

• Superior Twin Room

Besides the pool, there's not much more to do at the hotel.

The stay was very comfortable and the staff were helpful as always. It's location allows one to access the nearby attractions quite easily by taxi.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Superior King Room

Breakfast was not in restaurant due to Ramadan which is to be expected. Coffee was poor and why such small cups?? Bacon annialated!! Lack of any interest from staff when I pointed it out. Rooms a bit small and dated.

Staff at reception were welcoming.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Superior King Room

Checking out takes some time

Great breakfast buffet in spacious lobby Choice of two indoor restaurants Nice roof top pool Quite close to the airport

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

the bathroom needed maintenance the shower was weak and the hot water was not consistent.

the staff was friendly and the breakfast and dinner was really excellent

• Superior King Room

Few insects on the open roof terrace

Bed very comfortable, nice roof top pool and leisure facilities, nice added touch with a pianist plays during dinner

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Executive King Room

Everything was fine, very hard to find fault with this hotel.

At check in I was wished a Happy Birthday and we were upgraded to a deluxe suite, off to a great start for a wonderful stay. Food is fantastic as usual.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Executive King Room

Became ill on tuna sandwich in lobby restaurant. Otherwise the hotel was clean and staff excellent.

Excellent beds and feather pillows. Very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The hotel is not designed for people who wants to sleep at night! The music was very loud all the night! This company lacks the basic principles of hospitality! It Should be a “night club” not a “hotel”! Very bad experience.

Location!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

they wont find a smoking room although when I booked on Booking.com I had noted that I need a smoking room and a cigar ashtray I waited 1 hr so I can get a room.

room size and the jacuzzi, life piano.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Been from Ireland i would like to see a little bit more home grown breakfast food. Serials, bacon, sausage, eggs (a good fry up).

Dinners and drinks were perfect.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

the above mentioned incidents.

There was some delay in providing the room, and I asked them to quickly send the luggage but it did not come, so I had to go down and pick it myself.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

WiFi worked ok. I prefer a cable internet connection but it did not work. Engineers worked at least 1.5 hours but still could not get it to work. The shower water in my room cycled in and out of cold and hot and I could never achieve a constant temperature.

Very convenient for the places I needed to visit. Hotel staff, everyone from reception to bell staff and concierge, were kind and courteous and gladly accommodated a late checkout. Restaurant and lobby were nicely decorated for the holidays and the food was excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

the hotel isnt close to a metro station so we ended up spending a large amount on cabs. the hotel should provide shuttle service to and from the hotel and the nearest metro station

the hotel was clean and the lobby had an extravagant feel...breakfast was also good.

• Superior Twin Room

having to take taxi in and out, but it is common at dubai. Charged me 17 AED for 2 minutes of local mobile call

good receptionists and porters. Always answer questions. Room condition is good though not up to the standard as it is labelled 4 or 5 stars.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Superior King Room

That you not find the room i realy recommended

Everything starting from the reception till the room service and the cleaner including the staff during the daily breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Executive King Room

The guest service was terribly slow. The music from Club was very loud and clearly audible in the room which was very disturbing at night. The facilities for guests were dispersed at apartment buildings which meant long distances.

The location is good and the attitude of front desk was amazing to be fair. The rooms were adequate in size and the washrooms were very well organized. The facility layout was well briefed and the information brouchers covered everything.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The business lounge could have had more variety of food and snacks

I loved everything. The customer service was impeccable as well as the food. Great staff!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Superior King Room

nothing as everything was perfect.

our stay was a memorable one, everything was just perfect, professional staff, sweet and always at our service. Thank you all

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Superior Twin Room

-Location. The metro station is a solid 20 minute walk, or you need to take a bus to shorten that time. Bus stops 30 meters away. -I got a bit of a noise until very late at night, since the disco/club on the 1st floor was on. Not sure if this is daily or not, but will affect the hard to sleep people. Having said that, both points are very manageable.

People first. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, all the way from the door man (Alfred - he did even thank us for having came to this hotel - talk about being nice...), to the reception, the room, restaurant. We were up-graded to a Family room, very good size, comfy bed and pillows, nothing fancy otherwise, but all in good working order, with a desk, enough cupboards, sofa, etc. We only tried the basic restaurant, but ate twice there and enjoyed our food and the variety. Very nice pool at the top, again with very friendly staff, that even volunteered the info that we could use the next building pool, being the Movenpick apartments building, since it is on a much higher floor and the view is great. NO issues to recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Room was too cold although I switched the AC off. The insulation in the room is very bad. The noise from the lobby and the party in the ball room kept me awake and woke me up from my sleep. The valet parking took forever to get me my car and they kept me waiting cause they did not have a driver to get the car. They did not bother informing me so till I asked what the problem was, then I went inside and waited. Checking in and checking out took long cause they had one counter only to serve their customers.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Room toilet system was not good we did not like it and All food were mixed Halal and non Muslim meals in Islamic country overall

Location of the room and size of the room and fruit and cakes in the breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

there are not places to eat or hang out near the hotel

the available shuttles to dubai mall and kite beach - also the brand for less store was close to the hotel - also the star bucks is connected to the lobby

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

I have been into this Hotel more than 25 times hotel and appartment, but its getting durty we found corkoech in the pillow!! how disgusting I cannot believe this is stil 5 star Hotel, its now 3 star, in the cupboard as well found corkoech, I stayed coz I hard to go hospital but I am waiting for Rova to open they will never see me again

The inernet is good you dont have to log on

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Executive King Room

on the night of October 16th- loud music kept me up till late also next day night v noisy people next door- there should be quiet surrounding especially after midnight!

comfortable, v good food- especially the buffet breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Hotel staff were very helpful & polite. The hotel facilities were excellent (Gym/pool) and not over crowded. Breakfast (buffet) had a good selection of hot & cold food and freshly served.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Que at reception desk as being on Business saving time was very important for me and to be held up with a guest in front of you who has all the time in the world to talk can be annoying. Therefore it is imperative to have someone in the lobby to manage during busy hours.

Loved the bed!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Superior Twin Room

issue with front desk at check in as could not find my booking which I made 15 minutes ago and front desk in general very slow. however I am staying another week at the hotel.

lobby, beds and food

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

It's time to change the flat TV. It looks old

The hotel location is convenient to many places. In my opinion it's almost located in central Dubai

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior King Room

No complains Everything was excellent, food entaient, other customers in the hotel the hotel. The only thing I didn't like is the ripe off by the metre taxis but that has nothing to do with the 1000 5 star quality Movernpick Hotel provides.

The 5 star 100 per cent customer service zero complains by all staff . Quite a busy hotel there a taxi every second no waiting/ stopping with staff to a high quality service from the passengers arrival to departure.

• Superior King Room

The executive room was rather small and basic. I would expect a bit more for that price.

They were very friendly. Speedy check-in, nice facilities, and helpful when I requested a late check-out.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bathroom door is little transparent. Please please please. Do something with it. With kids it may be embarrassing.

We were with 2 kids. They have nice separate sofa bed which could accomodate 3 kids comfortably. Taxi always available. Chutney restaurant food was superb perfect north Indian taste.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Superior King Room

The bathroom was too small and you can understand the it was " used a lot" maybe is necessary a renovation.

It is a nice hotel , the standard is for a 4 star superior and not for a 5 stars, but it was clean and tidy. The position is ok , between airport and the center. The staff was very hearty. The price was really cheap for Dubai and for a 5 stars, but it was low season.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Executive King Room

The breakfast wasn't varied with serving Pork. The snacks in the lounge were very limited compared to other 5 * hotels. Swimming pool is very small for young kids!

The staff are friendly. Thanks for Mr. Taha in the reception area. The room is nice. The location.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Superior King Room

The main downside is probably the location. My wife was in hospital close by so for me was perfect. check in staff maybe a little lacking

5* hotel for 4* prices and deserves its 5* rating.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Superior King Room

I did not like the long waiting at the front desk cos ur system was too slow or something.

I liked the serenity of the hotel. It's a nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Superior King Room

- Apparently could use a renovation, especially in room's furniture and fabrics.

- "Yes we can" personnel, - HUGE room space - Rich buffet breakfast - Amble, pleasant areas with grandeur ambience, yet very well decorated and thus, very cosy!....

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Superior King Room

The bathroom did not have a water hose and that was very uncomfortable. The TV channels were extremely boring - the signal is very weak - the channels are very limited - no variety at all! The room was extremely cold despite the AC switched off - I had to request a heater to keep me warm!

I must start by thanking all the hotel staff, who were extremely helpful, friendly and proactive. The room was super clean, neat and tidy. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Executive King Room

The breakfast buffet choices were delicious. Room was large and comfortable. Bathroom had good lighting and nice bathtub/shower. After hours room service was excellent.

• Apartment 2 Bedrooms

I have complaine you can find it on trip advisor

Location of the property only good

• Superior King Room

Only down side was I requested a room with 1 bed but had to settle for 2 twin beds...

The room was great....very clean,

• Superior King Room

Real Five stars hotel service always looking for client satisfaction

• Superior Twin Room

Good

Clean and neat reception staff very good

Breakfast was no good.

• Superior Twin Room

Clean, good food, nice staff

• Superior King Room

Our room wasn’t ready on arrival.

It was clean and staff were friendly.

• Apartment 2 Bedrooms

The rooms smelt like the drain was leaking into it.

• Superior Twin Room

Thar room was noisy and you can hear the child screaming in the next door and it was smelly although it was non smoking room

• Apartment 2 Bedrooms

Couldn't find the room cleaned although we checked in at 5 p.m.

Clean and spacious

• Apartment 2 Bedrooms

The location is not quietly convinient and the apartment quite far from the hotel.

I like the staff, they are very warm and welcoming

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Burj Khalifa view

Parking was difficult to find as apartments are not actually part of the hotel but in a separate building.

Amazing apartments!

Excellent property

• Superior Twin Room

Except bedsheets were not changed daily and there is no view.

Everything was perfect

• Superior Twin Room

Late check in and early check out policy

• Superior Twin Room

noisy neighbors, far away from most entertainment and tourist locations of Dubai

morning breakfast, water-pool on the roof, good equipped gym

• Superior Twin Room

They took my deposit from my credit card and until now they did not remove it. It should be remove upon check put.

Place