Reviews of Novel Hotel City Center 4 stars

Hamdan Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#59 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

• Standard Room

Interconnecting room has parents side and children side they gave us children side i guess..bed was so small...room was so conjusted...no room menu ...nothing..no one to welcome (there were plenty of people) but no one even greeted.

Location and cleanliness

• Deluxe Room

Was not happy with the standard of food in the hotel which was below par considering it was in the city centre and food is generally of a high standard. Also the bar had ladies of the night in there. I understand it’s off season but this made my partner uncomfortable and spoiled what could be a good 4*hotel

I had a problem with my room which dealt with by Mr Waheed swiftly and professionally and to my satisfaction of which I can’t thank him enough. He even gave us a gift as a way of an apology. The room was clean and tidy and made up daily as expected.

• Standard Room

Aircon is centralised and not getting colder than what they set, even if I tried to use the switch button to make it colder. Very strict when it comes to guest. I had my sister, niece and cousin to visit us and I asked reception to let them come to our room they said only one person is allowed! Anyway we sorted it out when I told them they are not staying long.

I’ve been to lots of 3-4 star hotels in Abudhabi and this was so far the best room I ever entered in. Very clean and spacious, room facility can be lined up to 5 star. Definitely will recommend.

• Standard Room

Minor things but caused inconvenience like the room slippers, iron kit, etc. were not available in the room so I need to call and wait because I understand it was holiday and everyone is busy.

I like the prompt response whenever you need something.

• Deluxe Room

No one under 12 is allowed in the swimming pool even if supervised or with parents. Ridiculous !! No room service menus in the rooms. Had one brought to the room but next day they had removed it again. Very strange!!

• Standard Room

The room is a bit small, but still worth the money

The location was excellent, close to all shopping, banking, eateries. Transport facilities by bus or getting a taxi was too easy. Staff are very friendly and helpful when asked for a bit extended stay

• Deluxe Room

I think, what ive experience was an isolated case (hopefully). We planned to use their pool in the morning (pool opens by 8am) but unfortunately it was closed due to the reason that no Life guard was on duty. We called the reception just to inform that the pool was closed. As per the receptionist, she will look into it. We decided to go back to our room and planned to go back in the pool after 30 minutes. Unfortunately, same scenario... still close. We againcontacted the reception area giving us the same answer. And again we return to our room and decided to come back in an hour. On the third try, the pool was still closed. We then called again the reception just to get an answer that the pool will be opened by 12 nn. Such a waste of time going back and forth. They shoulve have just posted a reminder in the pool area noting the time itll be opned.

The location is great. Very accessible to restos, malls, shops. The value of money is also excellent and worthy of the room.

• Deluxe Room

the offer in booking.com is not the same like the breakfast its mentioned there is included. when i asked the reception is not included in the package

the staff are great and kind the service are good the rooms are quite very comfortable and the food are delicious

• Deluxe Room

Dreary and drab decor. Charged nearly$3 for a bucket of ice! Breakfast was included in the room rate but they said it wasn't. I did have the breakfast, but it was terrible. Rather go to the nearby Southern Sun hotel for the extra cost of one bucket of ice! Star rating is overrated

Appears to be good value but it's low season so there are plenty of options

• Standard Room

The hotel bar is quite sad and the rooftop swimming pool is not well kept.

Walking time to the major subway station in Dubai; nice staff and good value for money

Nothing I can think of ,nobody bothers you here

Staff very kind allowed me to stay in same room night before without having to move to other half suite on my separate booking for extra night

Maybe the TV could be bigger size when upgrading next time

In a great part of town 10 mins from established bars and and restaurants including Irish Bars, Great bar inside hotel 1 st floor very chilled and fun bar staff.i am in Love with the marble floors so cool to walk on.

• Deluxe Room

The breakfast area tables were not cleaned in a timely manner. After giving my room number I went to find table but had to sit at table that had not been cleaned. When the guy came to table to replace mat he placed the dirty cup on my side of table and I informed him that it was not mine.

The customer service of checking in, valet service and the young man that took my bags to room. When I made a request it was taken care of quickly and with a smile.

• Standard Room

Parallel rooms noises can be heard, as maybe because of the door separation.

in city center, access to all needs, bus, taxis, restaurants,etc...very nice place to stay.

• Standard Room

I don't like about the lift service cause I can't use my card to go to other floor. By mistake my guest go to 18th floor and I am on 08th floor I want to go to 18th floor to pick him but fail cause I don't have access to go to 18th floor..but one more thing the staff is very cooperative especially the bell boy he came fast and help me.

Everything is good

• Standard Room

the checking in process was very fast and reception staff and house keeping staff was very friendly and also the service provided by them are excellent

• Standard Room

Worst room service ever, the shoor its mention 40 aed only thers nothing like (terms and conditions apply for taxes ) I ordered at 12h30 AM they served at 3 AM and it was disaster, i dont recommend ther kitchen at all .

I like the recption staaf, smooth check in and smooth check out, with nice smile and good service which make u feel good .

• Standard Room

They or bookings.com hadn't updated the directions map in over 2 months since their corporate change & we had a difficult time finding the place.

• Deluxe Room

Value for money is highly worth it. Staff were very polite and hospitable The late checkout option they gave was the best~not sure if it was just for genius or everyone though. Very nice, spacious and clean rooms. Comfy bed. The location was also very good with lots of stores and restaurants nearby. It was a great stay overall (exceeded our expectations). Highly recommended!~

• Standard Room

Room which we booked (standard/smoking) was very small and dark so thanks to front desk agent we were transfered to a bigger room. because of their renowation some restaurants mentioned on the website were closed but still it was comfortable stay.

Bed was comfy, lunch and dinner were tasty. Front desk reception

• Standard Room

The room was more than I expected for the price. I can't really comment on the food or drink. If breakfast was included I did not see this listed.

• Deluxe Room

The customer service of one of the receptionist after promising to transfer our room to smoking since I'm smoking I didn't enjoy much because of that.

Since I'm smoking I booked a deluxe room with smoking but unfortunately after a long drive once we arrived they told me there's no smoking room as of the moment. so because were tired of the travel I told them it is okay but please transfer us to a smoking room tomorrow and the staff told YES . then the other day I'm waiting for a follow up call they didn't transfer me until I've checked out and this somehow make my stay unsatisfied. but all the facilities are good staffs are polite with a very reasonable amount and the swimming pool is so nice I will recommend it to my friends who wants to have a short visit in Abu Dhabi .

• Standard Room

The reason i prefer any hotel is due to facility of gym and swimming pool. Swimming pool is for show off; you can’t use it after 8 pm. Gym is having very few equipments most of them are not in good condition. Without mobile life is almost useless des days but u will not find any power socket just besides ur bed. Washroom is too stinky and water accumulates at the bathroom floor easily.

Clean Rooms. Location is on Main road. Helpful staff.

• Standard Room

The bed was HUGE...spacious and comfortable! I loved the restaurants within walking distance of hotel. It's one of those place that you know for sure that you will go back. For the price that I paid, I did not expect that kind of luxury! Also really enjoyed the pool. Staff at pool bar were very friendly, and is nice place to sit under the stars in the evening...

• Standard Room

Could it be better ? OF COURSE !! Everything in life could be better. Honestly, nothing much to complain about. Maybe cuz I had a corner room which is bigger size wise. But one major thing i didn't like was the absence of a floor drain in the bathroom, while using the bathtub the overflow of the water had to be manually drained. I wssnt In the room at the time of draining hhhhh. But it was annoying to know.

Feeling at HOME outside your home isn't an easy task. The hotel has a homely touch to its atmosphere.

Nothing ...period...I am returning soon,and my partner loved the relaxing rooms also,

Love the pool and bar level 5 and 2 respectively. Second time staying larger room selected pure luxury suite,not to far KFC and other food outlets , A really excellent Chinese restaurant in the hotel itself ,try the fried chili eggplant and also the soya bean pickle mix,delightful . Car parked for you within hotel compound.

• Standard Room

BEWARE! Hotel tried to charge us double for the room and the woman at the check in desk kept telling us the difference was because of the VAT and other taxes not included in Booking.com price. I was tired and ended up paying it but got WiFi and checked on booking.com and realised that the booking.com price did include all taxes. Check in desk woman contested it for a bit and then realised her error. Cancelled first transaction and charged me correct rate. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK HOW MUCH YOU ARE BEING CHARGED AND COMPARE TO PRICE ON BOOKING.com

Good location, close to many shops/restaurants and the world trade centre. Clean and good sized rooms

• Standard Room

Amazing staff...so friendly especially front office staff...5 star service...from bell boy ,house keeping,f&b all are talented and educated staff...amazing we will back again...miss the place

• Standard Room

Nothing I could find I did not like,everything perfect for me really

Chinese Restaurant 2nd floor,great bar on level one, Near all shops and restaurants ,free entrance to night club and they even have vallet parking

• Standard Room

the hotel is in the center, perfect location near to everything, and the price is very reasonable, Lee the FO manager is the best, he gave us an upgrade and he is very accommodating and sweet, the French restaurant is the BEST , the food there is very tasty and the ambiance also, REDA and Buddy were so helpful and nice, the karaoke bar is the best experience we had a lot of fun and the receptionist there is very nice I would definitely come back

• Standard Room

i enjoyed myself ,i dont mind coming back again .The hotel staff is very friendly .though i recomend you should increase the weights in the gym and also there is need for more chairs at the swimming pool.

• Standard Room

Only in the toilet in function hall its clean but they must to more improvement and the toiletries must always see to it that is place on it and someone always monitor specially if they have a party , but its good it is clean only the tissue but maybe when I was there its was finished and they forgot to keep on it. But no other comment its really nice place and very much appreciated all, staff and its a really good service. I would be prepare to recommend it to the others because we are satisfied.

I really like the function hall the ambiances and the management is good and the staff is really good service and friendly . The room is really clean and nice arrangement. The Management and staff I really appreciated it much. They did a good service to us. We all happy of their service during our Dinner Party also and we enjoyed and are happy and feel confortable in the room also.

• Standard Room

Good location, Amenities provided were to the point, Whatever amenities were advertised were provided. Quite clean rooms, Rooms cleaned daily, Staff very nice and replenish supplies regularly and without fuss. Very good and economical for single travellers. Has RESTUARANT attached, plus disc.

• Standard Room

I already booked and receive confirmation from booking.com. finally after my arrival novel hotel told me my booking is cancelled by booking.com and I had a trouble to find other hotel that was touching for me.

• Standard Room

The are many things I did not like, the salad with wilted green leaves. The TV with only free to air channels, no movies.

The location is central. Hotel parking was fine but at check out they gave me the wrong vehicle keys so they had to find my vehicle.

• Deluxe Room

Honestly, nothing. I had a perfect stay.

Good value for money. Good service. Helpful staff. Nice size rooms. Comfy beds and pillows. Great location. Near lots of shops and restaurants.

• Standard Room

If you are taking more than one room, ensure all the rooms are provided at the same floor otherwise difficult to access as lifts are security enabled that means you can't select other than the floor provided to you.

In Abu Dhabi you need to relay on taxi services for travel and taxis are available right at the front gate so location wise no problem. Otherwise, rooms are clean and enough space to move around.

There is nothing i did not like everything was perfect.

the bed extra comfy ,the room was cozy the lighting were perfect, the room were large and bathroom clean. Everything was perfect.

• Standard Room

BAD ROOOM SERVICE WE ASKED FOR 1 PLATE - BUT THERE IS A CHARGE OF 11AED WE ASKED FOR A BUCKET OF ICE - SAME CHARGE AC IS SO BAD, OUR ROOM NEVER GETS COLD ROOM SERVICES WILL DROP YOUR CALL 4 TIMES BEFORE ANSWERINGS

GOOD LOCATION NEAR BUS STATION. CHEAP PRICE.

• Standard Room

Lamp shades are not working in the room where i stay. Bath tub drainage was a little bit clogged.

I got a cheap room offer..I hope the offer will be more frequent.

• Standard Room

it was 7 am somebody knocked at my room ...wen i was about to open my door ...a group of drunk ladies run and laughing ..i think they make fun for every room...i hope next time it wont happen again...

its really nice ..cleanliness is excellent ...perfect for relaxing.

• Standard Room

House keeping told me that washing clothes would be free of charge. So I gave them my laundry. I did not sign and I did not get anything in a written form. During Check-Out the reception told me I would have to pay for washing and iron (which I did not ordered). Washing and iron was very overpriced and in the end I had to pay for that almost the same price as for 2 nights in the hotel. Be aware of information you get. Request everything in a written from. Although hotel is good after this case I would never book here again.

Comfort

• Standard Room

Nothing, every thing is fine.

Every thing is very good, i really liked it, over all i enjoyed it. The staff were very good. Room is very clean, location is fine.

• Standard Room

There is absolutely nothing bad to say. We had a wonderful experience. Clean, modern, comfortable.Great staff, excellent service, especially Princess at the front desk.We would definitely stay again!!

• Standard Room

Very quiet. Great location in the centre of the city. Friendly staff, especially the new gym instructor who really went out of his way to help everyone.

• Standard Room

The staff is not accommodating. I leave the message in the reception for my visitor but not put in the note. No proper handing over of my request. I told that my visitor will be my second guest and please allow my guest to enter my room. But when my guest arrive in the hotel, the reception I did not advise the reception event I go there and told to the receptionist.

nothing to mention special.

The rule of the swimming pool. Kids below 12 are not allowed to swim Which we are not aware. If we really knew in advance we will not take this hotel. They are strict with number of visitors. Our friends in Abu Dhabi are not able to visit us.

The spacious room

• Standard Room

Fitness facility is very small but adequate. They charge for ice. Housekeeping broke an item in my room and denied it. Nothing was ever done to remedy or compensate.

Great hotel for the price. Modern and well appointed.

• Standard Room

It is looking a bit old and worn down. It caused confusion as sign on building says mecure but it is called Novel?

Location is very good.internet is decent.

• Standard Room

The TV had very limited channels and the key cards randomly stopped working once but these were very minor things in the bigger picture.

The location is absolutely perfect. It is at the center of the city with everything near by. There is a small super market round the corner, ample parking for visitors, a taxi stand and a bus stop 30 sec walk from the main entrance, some shopping areas around, a mall about 10 mins walk away, and many cheap and nice restaurants around this hotel. Even the restaurants at the hotel have rave reviews especially Le Berbouilas which also has a daily happy hour but we did not get to try this during our stay. The rooms were nice, clean and quite comfortable. The staff were all friendly and courteous. Also unlimited free internet was a huge plus! Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends in the future!

• Standard Room

The shower curtain, should be replaced by a screen

Very comfortable bed, the room was well appointed with everything working, and kept really clean. The housekeeping staff were outstanding at anticipating my needs

• Standard Room

Great location and the staff were good and cooperative. The airconditioning could have been better. The rooms were decent and clean. The facilities were great

All was perfect

Faruq, from housekeeping is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is perfectly located in the city centre, close to shops, walking distance to beautiful corniche.

• Deluxe Room

Minor things! Breakfast could have more options and lactose free milk.

I loved the staff , especially at the reception, they were very sweet and helpful! Everyone was always smiling and made you feel very comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

Nothing. My stay was short n didn't notice anything negative.

Courteous and smiling staffs, ever willing to assist. Also the hotel's location within d city, is a bonus and allows easy access to the city, malls. You would have a variety of restaurants n fast food points to choose from. Comes highly recommended.Rates are fair n commisurate to d services.

• Standard Room

same of the facilities in the room are missing ( hairdryer, slippers, iron & iron-board )

I liked every thing there especially the hotel very clean and comfortable The staff there were very helpful especially Sarah and Jihane in reception . thank you valet parking always ready to give service

• Standard Room

only one treadmill working, 2 has been under repair for long time, location is far away from Maqta Bridge or Musaffah Bridge. Although if you go to Dubai, you go straight on the Yas Island highway.

Nice Room, nice gym looking to the pool, good food in the French restaurant, friendly staff everywhere

• Standard Room

Staff are very attentive and welcoming, comfy bed and pillows, TV channels, in city centre with everything is within walking distance , restaurants, coffee shops, banks, malls and shopping outlets.

• Standard Room

The windows don’t give too much light to the room, but it was kind of an issue in all the hotels I stayed in Abu Dhabi

Staff is super friendly and helpful.

• Standard Room

150 AED charged for 6 hour extension. should be half the price of the room rent. Additional charges for photocopying some documents.

central location. nice and clean room ,very helpful staff. special mention to house keeping staff sali for helping to clean up my room quickly after an accidental drop of muesili packet and the reception staff for fast check-in.

• Deluxe Room

What I like most in the hotel are the staff, they are very helpful and supportive...and special mention to Enrique, the gym/swim instructor, he's great! He helps everyone without hesitation and with a smile on his face. He has a great personality. Thanks Enrique for all your help.

• Standard Room

The management now dont know how to consider the regular guest as we r 4yrs member of booking.com and we usually booked in this hotel. We dont need any other complementary but give the 2 hours extension as a genius member of booking.com

The management before

• Standard Room

rooms with access doors in between should have some sealing or sound proofing around the access door. you can easily hear the conversation across the room even people are speaking at normal tone

Neatness, comfortable and clean bed, cooperative staff, calm and quite environment

• Standard Room

No shuttle buses, which were stated in the previous website for this property. I had to spend money on taxis as a result of this. I spoke to the hotel manager but he was unwilling to help. Rooms were smaller than expected, and furniture was clearly old.

Good value for money, convenient cafe downstairs at reasonable price

• Standard Room

I found there’s stain on the duvet, that’s mean the room attendant doesn’t really care bout the cleanliness

The location is very good serrounded by lots of shop and malls

• Standard Room

swimming pool with dirts from bird

room is small but very clean; with comfy bed and house keeping and receptionist staffs provided our requests with fiendly attitude.Location is great and its with in the city.

• Standard Room

The room is very small and very old and has a badly dated features. The bed is squakey thus makes it uncomfortable to move. Curtains are thin that sunlight are able to pass through in the morning, the shower room is really small, which you'll have a hard time to even scrub your body!

Staff provides prompt service especially the HSK attendants. All our requests are delivered on time!

• Standard Twin Room

perfect place to stay at a very convenient price and located in the heart of the commercial area of Abu Dhabi. We were very pleased with our stay. the lobby looks very basic but the rooms are perfect.

The check-in was very poor staff did not take care to tell the breakfast is not included and did not care about the luggage to get it from the car i waited like one hour till i got it in my room

The location is pretty much in town center, near to corniche and any place can be walked to from there

• Standard Twin Room

I dont like the attitude of the receptionist. Booked a standard room but more than cannot be accommodated however, receptionist did not provide / suggested choices to accommodate my family instead i’m the one who ask to upgrade the room. Receptionist should be nice to clients. This is part of customer service.

Room is good after we upgraded.

The night guy didn't find our booking at arrival.

Good location, silence in room, clean, good value for money. Curtains keep room very dark when closed. View on word trade center

• Standard Twin Room

Requested for a non smoking room but I was told since I booked s twin room to get a king room I only get a smoking room. How rude of the staff at the front desk. Seriously they can not adjust being a hotelier I expected more but well that’s life.

Just stayed one night. The room was quiet and nice, bathroom simple but cleaned. Staff very professional and careful. Pub and live music available. I will definitely return

• Standard Twin Room

Probably Ms.Barbara (Front Desk Receptionist) was too frowning and never had that customer service smile on her.

Perfect location and excellent facilities in the room.

• Standard Room

Reception staff were serving us perfectly great and some staff gave us excellent service like like Mr.Vijay and Ms.Princess (Both again from Front Desk), Mr.Zain (The Bell Boy), and other staff from the hotel.

Browse Novel Hotel City Center traveller photo gallery