Reviews of One to One Hotel - The Village 4 stars

#109 of 127 hotels in Abu Dhabi

5.9

6.2

5.9

Poor service, rude and unprofessional staffs, poor room and totally horrible

Nothing. We had bad experience, bad service, unfriendly and rude staffs

Coz I bring my wife with me i want to surprise her in our special day and they give me so bad room smiles smokey and old the lights dosint work and they stuff in the Reception was so bad honestly the Indian guy at 12:30 in the last Friday .

The rooms lack of lot of things and there are no housekeeping at all the are only coming and going without changing the sheets keeping the same sheets and no towels only one towel for the room no more , the swimming pool is always dirty and also no towels. Hotel without towels?????

• Standard Room

When we reach to the hotel, although the reservations were completed about a month ago, but the rooms were not ready, also the cleanliness was poor, and the 2 rooms were far away from each other in fact in different buildings.

I did not like anything, no value for the money.

Very bad experince

I didn't like any thing in this hotel No cleaning"really derty place out and in" No parking Not response reciptionest Lie people No phone signal in rooms😂😂😂😂😂 Just lossing money for 3Days Extra charge over booking price

i didnt like that the door from inside dont have a lock, as i have a 2 year old and he can reach the knob and easily open the door which is beside the stairs. its always better to put a lock from inside, or i dont know if I just dindt know how to use it

it was ok hotel for the price we have paid unfortunately we werent able to experience the pool maybe next time

• Standard Room

increase the quality of the furniture, cleaning and common area.

the idea of the place is fine, you are feeling that you are not staying at Hotel, it is like a privet place it need more caring about the quality and cleaning

Staff are unfriendly. I asked for a towel and waited 6 hours before it got delivered. I asked for 2 wine glass and followed up several time but I never received it. Staff are unfriendly even the manager. Poor customer service. The room smells bad. Trust me you will not enjoy your stay.

The reception guy was not very accomodating. They cannot even find a way to adjust with our needs to provide excellent customer service. Really very disappointed. Their security guard on duty kept on asking identification from us and our guests as if we were doing something illegal and the manager and their team did not even provide us with anything to compensate or adjust for the inconvenience done. Towels were not enough. Requested for glasses but never came. Room was poorly lit. The pool was ok but it closed at 8pm ao we cant go nigh swimming. If it wasnt for the promotion i wouldnt be booking this. However my family and i wont book this again. Instead of relaxing and havingg a good time off, we had a very stressful day.

• Standard Room

Hot room when Check in No glasses Dusty wardrobes Burned and very dirty carpet Reception atetiod no profisional at all.

Bell boy welcome and service

better do room service

when i stay your hotel,there is no working TV ,i call room service so many times,one time somebody came and he look something and he go back after that no one come to see that compleint

• Deluxe Double Room

Reception staff not competent, my first room was not nice at all, furniture not nice (old furniture), TV very small plus no signal no better channel, the toilet OMG very dirty, carpet is dirty. Small pool that I expected was under maintenance but they did not mentioned in the advertisement.

Sorry but I would really say that your hotel did not meet my expectations although the value for money is good but I can also book for a hotel for the same amount but the hotel is far better than one to one hotel. So sorry but I really don't recommend your hotel to anyone. Competition outside is really high now, your management need to do something to level up your services provided to your customers. I want to highlight hygiene issues, you need to ensure cleanliness of your facility such as room, carpets, swimming pool, towels very old plus you provide only 1 in every room and you just wait if your customer will request for another one you are not a customer focus. Sorry again for telling this but because I have been staying in many hotels around the 7 emirates already and my experienced in one to one hotel is the worse one.

Room service never answered. Wash room was not well maintained, had 2 single beds instead of one double, difficult to adjust the baby in between, no prayer mat

Price. Food,

Towels are worn out, children’s pool needs to be cleaned, tv channels limited (movie channel not available).

Spacious room, friendly staff, affordable.

• Standard Room

For 5 nights stayed in ur hotel, I find the room unclean and the carpet is so dusty. I ask the cleaner to bring vacuum but he didn't come back. The towel is supplied is very old & torn. I was so dissappointed.

Location is good since I like quite place.

just noticed something, when one guy ask for a towel from your lifeguard, he assisted the guy by getting the towel and hand it over to the guy, after that i asked my 6 year old daughter to ask also for a towel but to my surprise he told my daughter to get it inside while he was just sitting next to us. maybe because we are filipino and the guy is white.

Didnt find it clean and secure .. sorry prescription can be wrong but it wasnt so comfy

Nothing . Its like motel ..and didnt find secure and clean ..sorry

The staff are so rude and not professional. No one pickup the phone, neither the reception nor the assistance. Sheets were dirty. Only one towel in the bathroom and it took them hours to bring us another one.

The location is good. The swimming pool is good.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothink This hotel was one of the beat in Abu Dhabi. Now become very bad No services no cleaning Even no one guid you from reciption to the room Rooms AC not working good Rooms derty No stuff and cut in cost very clear

• Deluxe Double Room

We booked 1 double bed with Bath attached, but they arranged a twin bed for us. Toilet was smelly and AC was not working, again they give another twin bedroom for us. Room service was worst, called room service for more than 10 times and no one attended. Minibar was just as in name and there was nothing in there.

Walking around the premises was nice, breeze and the landscaping was just good.

• Standard Room

no one ask me about breakfast and i found there drinking water bottle only 2 pcs, i was expect more. showing amount and paid amount it's totally different, that one made me confuse.

i feel comfort while i was stay there in room.

Everything is good & perfect

Hotel staff management is very good & location is perfect bcz you can go everywhere easily such as markets,restaurant, malls and etc near to "one to one hotels"...

The service is horrible. No food available when you order from the room. Staff are not helpful at all. When I asked them why the standard is low, one staff told me because the management changed things are not like before. I hated my stay there. But since me n my husband didnt have choice we stayed 3 horrible nights.

The location is good. Privacy of the rooms enterance. No problems in the parking.

I didn't like at all the receptionist is impolite except one arabic guy and the security is very weird

I don't like anything the staff is impolite

• Standard Room

This hotel is getting worse every day before they used to worry about cleanness and the view of the rooms. last time i have been there i wokeup find me full of bites. apparently the bed was not clean and full of bed flea

hotel location is amazing and right next to city centre

• Standard Room

The first room they gave me was DIRTY! There were a TON of cigarette butts in the drawer of bedside table and there were dirty footprints on the bathroom floor. They quickly gave me another (larger) room and this was not as dirty, but the safe was broken and the lock on the bathroom door and the chain lock of the front door were all broken also. I put furniture against the door when I went to bed for extra security. The private pool that was supposed to be on the roof of every villa??? There was a messy construction site on the roof of the one I stayed in. Not sure what others would be like.

The breakfast was good, though I never saw the cook who would make up eggs to order. The room had good AC and comfortable bed. The Thai restaurant on site has great food! The front desk staff were helpful

not like the photos no tea in room pool too far from the room as you must walk on the main road to reach. 8pm one of the main gates get closed so we must pass from the service door to reach our room.

I like the quite room I like the flowers

However Room was really big but smelly , and AC was too Cold in the room . Minibar in the room was empty :(

Swimming Pool was Awesome :), Parking was Free, Coffee was too Good :)

the place was old, poorly maintained, no hot water for shower, the bathtub was hard and dangerous to get in and out, the room had one old dirty towel

There was nothing to like ... old and out dated property

• Premium Suite

Staff is rude, rooms r old and ugly, bedsheet is dirty, nothing u can like about the room nor the hotel

Nothing I liked about the hotel, from the poor staff to the cheap rooms

• Standard Room

I have been in this hotel last year. Rooms were clean and nice but this year room was not even prepared when I checked in . Chairs have cigerrate holes and room floor very dirty .. no towels in the washroom even

• Premium Suite

Super careless stuff with a sleepy managers and very un-responsive .... every request needs at least 5 calls and 3 hours for response..... 9 hours to please house keeping to clean my room. ...... 2 hours to please the stuff to bring 2 bottle of water that should be served with the room as a compliment..... 12 hours to send me sleeper that should basicly be in the room..... no shower gel no shampo .... only one towel for 2 persons for 2 days..... remove the old towels without serving a new one ...... the worest room service and check in and check out and serving stuff anf front office you will ever meet !

It was a very bad horrible experience.

We arrived a little later than we hoped (our luggage was lost at the airport), so we got there close to midnight. Our room wasn't ready even though we had a reservation and we were waiting around for an hour until we got into our room. We were compensated with free breakfast for our stay. The first room wasn't as clean as we would have hoped. We were moved to a better room the next day although throughout the whole of our time, the hallway in our block absolutely stank of cigarette smoke. For the last day, a pile of plates were on the floor outside too. When we needed extras from reception (extra towels - even when they knew two people were in the room, we often only were given enough toiletries and towels for one), this was rectified promptly.

Location was good to get to things like the beach and the bus terminal/Wahada mall is about a 15 min walk away. It was perfectly okay if you just need a place to sleep and will be out most of the time. Relatively cheap for Abu Dhabi. The complex was nice in the there were a few different things there as well as the hotel.

one of the receptionists need to have better customer service skills. doesnt know how to empathize.. pls dont let your receptionist say “ it’s your mistake, mam!” -this is rude and horrible customer service...i almost freaked out when i heard this.. could have said it in a nice way with a positive scripting..hope you make necessary actions. thank you

didnt try eating in the resto

• Deluxe Double Room

I like the person who the one check me in he is name Mohammed from India he so kind and friendly and he has a nice smile he really great he name Mohammed ashref I really enjoy with him you mid my day beautiful thank Mohammed and if I come again to stay in one to one I need to you please keep it up you really know what’s does mean hospitality thanks

The staff (even the receptionist) was not very friendly and seems to see us a hassle because we came a little early for our check-in. He could have told us nicely that we can wait a bit more and he will accommodate us. But his attitude was irritated and that's very poor service for someone who sits at the reception area. When we cam back in the evening (past 8pm)0 to check-in, the guy ayt the reception area was nicer though.

Everything was horrible, starting from entering the room. The first room they gave me was absolutely filthy, with red stains on the linen, cigarette butts on the window, dust everywhere and HALF of a towel in the bathroom!! They moved me to another room, where the entrance to the villa was blocked with trash. It was a bit better, but the bathtub was BLACK!! It was obviously NEVER EVER cleaned!! I had to go to the manager and ask for housekeeping, I guess they just don’t have any HSK department there, because they sent me a random guy who tried to clean my bathroom. Every time I came back to my room my key didn’t work, and I had to call someone for a master key. The Thai restaurant is okay, overpriced I would say, with this quality of the food. But the service there is quite good. It used to be a great property, but the lack of management and careless staff turned it into the WORST HOTEL IVE EVER SEEN. There’s still a chance to save this it if you fire all the staff and at least try to read a customer service manual. Obviously the management have no idea of hospitality or cleanliness whatsoever. Seeing all the unreplied complaints, its easy to understand that they don’t even care what the guest think of their hotel. I guess sending this report to the municipality will help the owners to wake up, because this beautiful property deserves better management.

The planning of the property and big rooms

• Standard Room

The room was extra-dirty. The bathroom sink kept on getting filled with water. Room service refuse to bring water to the room. The corners in the room are full of dust. The bed had some stains and signs of not being cleaned as proper (hygiene issue). This place feels like a cheap motel and it doesnt deserve the 4 star rating.. im totally disappointed by the star ratings that is given.

The location is perfect

• Standard Room

The dusty entrance to the villas; why was it so sandy there! Did anyone clean it in the morning? There is a sense of neglect to the property which is a shame as this place could be way better. There is a clear lack of maintainance within the establishment.

The breakfast was not to my expectations on freshness even though their was a variety. It was early morning, so I was expecting freshly made sausages but it did not feel as such. Staff are not so courteous unless you speak to them, it feels that there is a lack of enthusiasm in customer care.

A lot of people loitering around the hotel area - wasn't sure if they were staff as they weren't wearing any staff uniforms or working. Trash from building work and dead plants in their pots piled around. As the setting of the hotel is so nice, why not step up the game and clean it up properly and only allow access to the staff on duty?

Good location for us, nice pool area, very good gym. We appreciated the early check in after a night of travelling.

The rooms were extremely old and unkept. I immediately noticed the rug underneath the bed in the room was littered with stains. When I went to inspect the bathroom I noticed pubic hair on the toilet and the tub was filthy. To the managers credit, I was given another room.

The location of the hotel was good for traveling around Abu Dhabi.

We requested toiletries such as dental kit and extra towels, towels they provided, but for the dental kit, they said they ran out of it and cannot provide! The other room that we also booked, Junior Executive Suite,we can smell cigarette smoke through the AC.

The Security is extra helpful and cooperative as we were surprising a friend for her bridal shower.

The property is old that is understandable but its dirty too, that is not good at all from outside to the room all dirty. We checked in, they took us to our room to find out they never clean after the previous guest then we had to ask to be changed to other room which was dirty too.

The Views from outside is amazing

• Standard Room

Receptionist was rude. Three times in two days when I rang reception for things I would wait 20 minutes..nothing would happen so I would end up walking to reception to ask why simple requests are beyond them, a room with sachets of coffee but without a kettle? There are vermin traps everywhere yet a plate of half eaten food was left on the floor in the entrance to the suite of rooms and was still there 24 hours later despite emailing the management.

The location is good.

Maintenance of this hotel is so bad.

I did not like anything, It should be listed as one star hotel. Hotel premises were kept so dirty, carpet in the room was dirty , bedsheet was dirty, you have to ask for towels and slippers, sometimes no hot water. Breakfast was OK.

• Standard Room

Booking.com didn't tell them that they changed my reservation to 2 people,after my request! You failed us!! Then the hotel would not honour the free breakfast for the extra person, my daughter. All these problems originate with you, not the hotel! !

• Standard Room

The pictures online are not accurate. The room was large, but everything was either dingy or stained and dirty. The floor was dirty. It seemed like they didn't bother to mop. The chairs were severely stained. I did not feel comfortable sitting on them. All the towels should be donated to camels because they were all dingy. One had a stain on it. The sheets were all dingy and had some kind of mark or stain on it. The tub looked like it was not cleaned properly. I was so uncomfortable that asked for multiple sheets to put on the bed as it was very dingy, including doubling up on pillow cases.I also asked for slippers because I was NOT walking on the tile, even in socks.

The staff were lovely. They were friendly and as accommodating as they could considering the circumstances of the hotel.

The location, Staffs Information, Staff Services and Bathroom

the location is not accessable for ATM machines. I encounter problem to their credit card machine is not available, so i pay cash, my cash is not enough, then i need to search for atm machine to withdraw my money. lastly, before my check in i called the receptionist to this hotel and confirmed my booking and same time he DID NOT inform me that their credit card is NOT WORKING. Lack of information.

Around 5 times I call in reception but no one answer I request for towel after 30 mints someone come Main thing I am outside my room and without my permission I don’t know who hk or who someone come and take the food I am outside the city I call in reception but first 3 time no one answer when they answer we will check and inform you sir soon Now I think 15 hours finsh but no one call me back

• Standard Room

After a long day, I was hoping for a good rest, checking in already nighttime. The ambiance of the hotel is good, and I had the expected welcoming. But then when I got to the tiny room 0309 and tried to get sleep is where the not so nice experience has started. All the noise, the echoes, guests talking (in different language so nice), and people going up and down the stairs have been my whole night company. To complete the whole experience, the following morning, I sought for an extension to cover the lost sleep, but not granted with the reception saying other guest are waiting already. So I've had to go and upon check out, I spoke with the Duty Manager to explain again and this time apparently the room is vacant and I was offered to stay for another hour (they could have told that when I requested earlier, not when I have packed and about to leave!). So to sum it up, that room is not sound proofed and shouldn't be rented at all and the customer service is a poor.

• Executive Suite

The place wasn't clean I felt like im walking on a dust when i walk in the room and the trash bin in the bathroom wasn't empty when I first walked in , the view was nothing I couldn't see any thing from my room which was number 903 also at times when people are walking by the room if one of them speaks i feel like he is speaking next to my ears, the last thing was the very very slow service , I ordered an iron and they just forgot about me until I called them again

Not Clean at all. staffs were not welcoming and most of them are very negative in attitude. best example of how a front desk and supporting staff not to be.

It was completely opposite of what we expected.

• Standard Room

Cleanliness, House keeping..... Need to call them twice or three times to get the things organised e.g, they would not replenish stock of Coffee, sugar, milk pouches & water as well..which was supposed to complimentary. Every time I call them, they wouldn't turn up. Not really satisfied with service....

The Location was fine. Calm & Quiet.

I used to like this hotel before and even recommended this to friends & acquaintances. But I observed lately, that this is not the hotel that I used to like, staff-wise, comfort wise and service wise.

The platform of this hotel is nice coz you will feel homey.

We asked for our room to be cleaned again. Sheets had rips and holes, bathroom floor looked filthy, though found out afterwards its just the stain of the tile. You should invest in changing those tiles! Also the carpet under the bed was disgusting. With stains like those there is no point to clean it, just replace it.... The place does not look like the pictures on the website or on booking.com at all. Thank god we were only there for one night.

Bed room and bathroom size was large, though perhaps even a bit unnecessarily large. Pool looked clean and was heated, though didn't swim. Breakfast was fine - also had quite a range of bathroom/ toiletry freebies offered in the rooms.

The walls and floors of the room and the toilet are very dirty, you can visibly see the molds and mildews. TV channel are useless. Very poor room lighting. . The breakfast is bad. Only one bath towel was provided even we are 2, inspite of repealed request.

• Premium Suite

it was a disaster stay! I booked a one bedroom suit, at the beginning we were given a very small room which was disgusting & dirty everything was very dirty from entrance to the bed sets! we complained on that & were shifted to anther room where I discovered that the billows were used before & not replaced, they were dirty with a hair smell on them! I complained again so we were shifted to another room where the AC was not working I stayed for the night & called the reception to report the AC issue before I leave the hotel to finish some work & to our surprise when we returned the AC was not working & it needed a spare part which was unavailable, after changing three rooms in one night we couldn't stay further in this hotel & canceled our stay!

• Standard Room

It was nice stay in the hotel but for place stay there is no windows.

I like the the building and view of the place. There is beautiful flower and nice staff.

Dirty and dusty rooms Poor facilities

The layout ( it's like a compound with an old village inside ) The guy working on the reception ( he's an Egyption guy called Seraj ) .. As he was obvious that he is doing his best to help us to check in. However, the way this hotel is managed is horrible (cleaning, timings, facilities..)

• Standard Room

cleanness poor, breakfast bad (cold and prepared in advance) Equipements of the room missing (is not as per descriptions from booking) rooms not daily cleaned , missing towels etc and i not speak about room ground !!!

Room was filthy, cigarette end left in the bathroom, ash beside the bed, dirty bathroom. The room was full of smoke and gave me and my wife breathing problems - we don’t smoke

Friendly staff, nice restaurant and pool

1- I booked with my family the room with breakfast, suddenly they've stopped my family in the breakfast telling that their system showing only for 1 adult ! I've asked to speak to the management and asked them to drop me an email regarding this. But they didn't and I continued the breakfast with the family 2- For Two days, they only brought one towel! We checked in and there is no any towel. They only brought one in the middle of the night and spent 2 days with that one towel. 3- No Vallet Parking, I had to park my car in sandy area late at night. 4- The enterence close to the room will be closed at night, so we had to take long walk from the main enterence to reach the other rows of the room, where we are staying.

The Location and type of the room.

All of it! The hotel sucks, the staff are rude and unprofessional! Dirty carpet and dirty curtain shower. My room does not have bathtub, no ashtray also considering it’s a smoking room. Rude staff! Dirty hotel!

Nothing! Cheap and dirty hotel! Don’t book here, it’s a waste of money. You won’t feel valued, just harassment!

Facilities provided are very poor. Staff were not really helpful and attentive as we asked for Iron & board and didn’t get at all.. with no care from the receptionist and housekeeping after 5 calls with 20min gap in between and the only answer I got is “Sir we have only 02 irons” “is that possible?!!”

Room is quite spacious..

Worst hotel ever first the bed is not comfortable and the music was loud at night till 3 am and housekeeping staff came at 9 am to ask me to clean even though I didn't ask for that and then the reception called me at 12 pm asking to go out because they need the room I told him give me some time I need to shower he said 15 minutes is it ok I will never stay in this hotel again.

Location was good

• Standard Room

The bathrooms were not clean. TV was not working properly. Asked the front desk to send someone with a towel for which I had to wait over 30 minutes.

The facilities were decent.

This hotel was the most dirty and revoulting experience i have ever had staying in a hotel. Firstly, upon my arrival at around 2 am after driving for hours the first thing that was on my mind was sleep - which was not possible considering the giant questionnable stain that was on the blanket (to be fair, they did come and change it after 4 phone calls and a trip to the reception) . Secondly, upon moving the bed to reach closer to the power plug, i discovered that under the bed there was: hair, used tissues and remains of cheetos from a previous guest. Now the norm in this situation is that i would call housekeeping or reception. But apprently they were sleeping at 3/4 am. So i opted to sleep in my shoes that night.

Quick check out - so i could leave that disgusting place.

Dark room, poor service from staff, terrible dinner and breakfast (all items cold), i did not eat remained hungry. TV remote had no batteries. No Iron, No milk for tea. poor internet dropped after 15mins and never recovered.

I was upgraded and bathroom toiletries were useful.

Highly Unprofessional behaviour of staff. No Customer Centricity. Bad Food. Totally waste of time and money.

Nothing at All. Worst weekend of my life. Pathetic Experience.

Just the parking outside over the road but was close to hotel.

The room and bathroom are both very large. Dinner selection for the price was well worth it and very enjoyable. Food quality and taste very good. Breakfast was reasonable and acceptable. General experience was good and will rebook there again.

• Standard Room

No complains - only compliments!

The hotel exceeded my expectations - I was going to Abu Dhabi just for one night as had a race next day so basically needed the cheepest room just to spend the night. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a bigger room and staff at the hotel was extremely helpful! The room was very spacious and cozy; bathroom was really amazing and had all necessary stuff - except for towels, shampoos, sewing kit and so on guests get a kit with small toothpaste and toothbrush, a comb, shaving kit and a loofah! Unfortunately there were no teabags - only coffee that I don't drink, but some teabags were brought to me upon request. Unfortunately I didn't spend much time there as came for a run, but after checkout had a walk around it. The property is really amazing - lots of flowers, cozy buildings... It doesn't look like most of hotels - more like a small castle. Would definitely love to come back!

• Standard Room

my room is not properly cleaned. there are black molds or fungus in the shower area. there are unidentified dirty marks on the floor. i wont even touch it to investigate

staff and manager is very accomodating.

I have given a room that for me is untidy, AC is not working properly. I requested for a slipper and no one gave. I requested for a coffee mug and it takes 1 hour to provide. Call center of the desk assistance takes time to answer the call.

Used to be my favorite location, so dead, no entertainment, everything is closed and service is getting worse over the long term

big room and comfortable bed, okay staff ..

The room needed refurbishing, wallpaper was peeling at the edges. The carpet was stained and dirty. There was no kettle or water or tea, coffee, sugar etc on arrival, not even any spoons. The breakfasts were very basic and the staff, although pleasant, seemed ill trained. Breakfast foods were luke warm and had obviously been prepared several hours before. The bathroom towels were very old and frayed, there was no hot water in the bathroom the first night and the sink needed to be unclogged as it would not drain properly.

Browse One to One Hotel - The Village traveller photo gallery