Reviews of Orchid Hotel Dubai 3 stars

Al Riqqa Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#331 of 384 hotels in Dubai

5.9

6.2

Well,during my stay I meet those staff were friendly,food was delicious,excelent room and cleanliness,hope to see u again guys.(Diya and the guy front office)))

i never plan and even refer dis hotel to my any friend or colleague.bcos totally costly hotel and zero service and evry time call on reception for the soap refelling and some time toilet water not working and aftr 12am free wifi closed via hotel its not working till morning and speed of wif is poor .Overall zero ratings

Not much really; Cleanliness of room, Wi-Fi is available & Helpful Front Desk.

Very neat room, attentive, helpful and welcoming night receptionist & will definitely return to thid hotel. -Ms Claudine

This time the staff service wasn't that efficient. Felt like the hotel had less staff for services. Cleanliness was also not up to the mark. The cleaning guy never replaced the cups and spoons from the room.

The Hotel Rooms itself, as we had a door attached to the room and someone else stayed beside us and could hear all the talkings. 2 beds joined together to make king size. No water or tea kettle available in the room.

The hotel is near metro and the place of hotel is good. The people in the reception were good. But the hotel is not so good in facilities and comfort.

It was a short notice booking, i booked about 30 mins before my arrival at the hotel, the reservation staff was very friendly and gave me a very clear direction on how to go to the hotel by metro. The room was small but clean, me and my partner stayed there for two days, and we really feel relaxed. We ordered food and drinks as well and they served fast. Good portion for a very affodable price. One of our best stay through booking.com

No parking facility. So either we have to pay extra DHS 20 for valet parking or search for parking in the surrounding which is really difficult especially after 9 PM. Before 9 PM it is easily available in front for DHS 2 per hour

It was good value for money

a corner room was alloted that was pathetic

no one give me a bottle of drinking water and said its not complementry. water is must and should be complementry for any guest either he/she came via online booking or via direct booking.

Smelled like smoke(booked a non smoking room), the bathroom was not very clean, our flight was at 9pm and there was no room to put our bags we had to carry them around with us since check out

We didn't get the room we booked the first night, in the morning we were able to upgrade to a king room.

This second time in this hotel and sure last It's so expansive The staff always need external money Only one girl in breakfast and if you ask any order you need to wait and they start to call for check out from 11

There were no towels, no kettle and no tea/coffee set in the room at checkin. But the staff provided them soon after calling them.

Good Location, good facilities, good value at the time of my booking. The shower in my room was nice with a mist of water at good pressure. The view from the room was nice.

Facilities were not fully available. We have not been informed that sauna was under renovation. It's so pity we could not use sauna, as it was one of the strong points of this hotel when we did our reservation.

Staff, location.

the hotel contain a night club, and the loud music still until 3 am. also "massage" center on the upper level. it was not comfortable at all, the mini-bar was not available, the safe not working

the only good thing was the location between the trade center, airport and malls.

You have to get new wifi login info for your room every day. but just ask them to send it to your room and they will.

It was a reasonable price, and I found the staff very helpful. Even suggested a place to play soccer while I was there, and printed out my boarding pass when I asked. Very interesting club in the back as well.

This hotel has become too old ,they should renovate the whole hotel , Everything is in poor condition .

staff was good !! otherwise hotel is in a bad shape

i smell cigarette smoke in my room 7th floor eventhough its a non-smoking room. i called the reception to send someone to check on it but nobody came to check my room. For my entire stay in the hotel i smell the smoke.

comfortable bed

Hotel location is in pack area Shower water was cold DJ music was on until 03:00 Am couldn't able to sleep even thu my room was at higher floors still was too noisy

Room service was faster than expected.

Mind blowing! Super staff members ! Lady in reception and new receptionist guy ( sorry i forget his name) addition in asset. New addition in rooms and well decorated! In short SUPER BRAVO .

Everything. Room wasnt neat and clean. There is accommodation in opposite of our room. The staff was very noisy and unpleasant to stay in the room because we didnt feel any relaxation because of the noise from the outside of our room. We stayed in room 206. Room was dark and awful.

reception lack of courtesy, not helpful, delay processing ur booking, u book a room then they tell u sorry we don't have the type u prefered, no parking or u give miney to someone to park for u..

room is relatively big

From the bottom of my heart I would like to say thank you, all the Orchid staff who help me to make things possible. To Mr. Mathew the F&B Manager who help me a lot and to reach my expectation and the managers as well that show up and came to be part of the party thank-you so much,Reception team staff, FnB staff, Room attendants, Thank you so so much for all the effort and time. You know you all mean to me not as a regular guest but u welcome me as a family, all my plans that I’m planing you always give me a support. Thank you Orchid Hotel family, Without all your help my plan will not be successful. U make us all happy with all your effort. thank you.

bathroom has black molds you can't even use the tub for fear of germs which might be crawling everywhere

I love the staff at the reception especially that lovely lady I forgot to ask the name of.

No water for drinking we had to buy water. Electric jugs for boiling water not working, very old and torn ironing board, no toothpaste and body lotion. Room was not fresh

Reception was good

From the bottom of my heart, Thankyou so so much Orchid Hotel family for making my plan turns to possible & reality. All your Effort and time thankyou so much. From the "Manager, Room service Staff, Reception desk staff" thankyou so much for everything for giving a good service to make my plan happend. For the Sweet gift and wishes thankyou. I really appreciate it, everytime you gave me a warm warm welcome; and satisfaction and other guest satisfaction. job well done! Thankyou so much Orchid hotel staff for making our day really special. "THANKYOU ORCHID HOTEL FAMILY"

None.

It feels like im home. Everytime i kept coming back to rest seeing these people who really working hard in orchid hotel, those smile make me feel that iam part of them. 100% A good services if they can give they will give, a warm greeting from them make me feel that iam important. appreciate their efforts and works.

I love everything & every one in orchid hotel 100% Good service. Staff that all mean to me. Great and kind Manager that i talk too. Family and a home that i will go back through. I kept coming back in my second home like orchid hotel.

Bell staff was excellent mr kazim made everything go smoothly when we arrived and departed.Housekeeping service was excellent.Mr kazim is very thoughtfull and caring to insure that you are enjoying your stay.one guy omer at reception not helpful if we compare to others hotels experience even about our payment we had wait 5 days every time he spoken to us he will check with his manager.

The beds were quite short and the pillows too firmly stuffed.

For a budget hotel this place was pretty nice. The room had a nice ambience. I've stayed in other budget hotels in Dubai and I think that this was one of the best. The location near All Rigga road with all the restaurants and its proximity to the airport make it a great place for a transit hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

first hotel staff was very rude. there was no proper welcome at reception and behavior was so rude that they are giving us at free of cost and we are not paying them. It took them more time to make confirmation from booking.com that i have booked or not. Next time i never prefer this orchid hotel. there are more hidden charges from them.

booking with booking.com is better but and fast.

I like the professionalism of the management and staff. We had some disagreements regarding soiled towels which they want me to pay for it. Something I never heard from other hotels i stayed with. However they handle my case professionally, took care of me as a valued guest. I felt heard and well taken. To the management, housekeeping and receptionist, you are a STAR. hospitality industry needs you. You convert unsatisfied and unhappy customer to love the hotel more. And yes, you did. CONGRATULATIONS! I appreciate your professionalism. You handled the case very well. I STONGLY RECOMMEND OR HID HOTEL - Rigga to everyone. Great value for money.

We were expecting to have the sauna as it was listed in the facilities but we did not find it..

Staffs are all nice and accomodating the reception is very friendly, even the housekeeper was very helpful. Staffs are all smiles which was great to see! Bed is very comfortable and clean, all our requests were granted without delay. Wifi is good also. Location is ok, near to the metro, about 5 to 6 minutes walk. There are couple of shops around.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

No Drinking water in the room and Hair Brush + tooth brush and a small paste

I liked the room beds and cleanliness was good only I had one problem, when there is no minibar in the room the management should keep a small water bottle for the guest (Complimentary) bcoz i need to take my medicine in the night there was nothing in the room so i took it next morning after leaving the room.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

-Old hotel. -Not clean toilet. -Small beds. -No parking though its being mentioned already in their ads however even in nearby spaces nothing. You need to park in the other block. And walk 20 minutes in the sun with 40degrees celsius. Not recommended for those who will bring a car with them. The worst of it all... Reception got a mistake that our belongings was move outside our room thinking that we left it. Where infact we just check-in on that same day. We were got shock when we get inside our room to have some rest from whole tiring day activity outside and its already very late in the evening however to our surprised, all are bags were not there. Immediately i went to the reception to bring our concern however Staff in the evening seems he didn't mind our issues because according to him not his mistake and we will complain in the morning...seriously? Not even apologetic with the inconvenience they brought. Wherein the fact that its a big issue about: security and safety and violiting your right of privacy. Lastly discrimination is sooo obvious. With VIP treatment with arabs, and if you look somebody and shout at them then they will treat you very well. Old style of business though. Recommendation. Hotel needs to close for renovation and a professional customer sevice training.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The staff are rude and very unfriendly and the hotel is noisy regardless of the floor you are staying. Lower floors are noisy because of night club and upper floor are even worse due to spa which is open till 4 A.M and it is like a brothel.

Very arrogant staff, not friendly nor welcoming!! No car parking space.. worst service for a 3 star rated hotel! Never going back to this hotel.. also wouldn't recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.. better look for another hotel if u can spend few extra $$..

Very close to restaurants and centre of deira city.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Room very small.room furnished by very old table cuisine and cabinets old and look very poor wich we never expect for a 3 star hotel.

Location Clean

The staff were confused. Toilet flush not working, very old towels and not even a bottle of water which usually is given as a compliment, forget about coffee or tea. Very old fashioned decor and the lighting in tha room is poor. Can stay if you dont find any other place.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

I didn't like it coz I àsk the information desk to change the day and date but they said they can't anyway I've waste my money...we don't stay at orchid bad expirience for me☺

Mmmmmmmh

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

I was at the hotel 10years ago ,it was really nice , everything is old now , bathroom looks so old and worn out

The staffs were ever helpful and fantastic

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The fact that the pool has opening & closing time... and as family we wanted to go together but as there is a time for ladies & a time for gent it was not possible so we did not go at all.

The staff are super excellent the hotel is close to all you need.. Ms Farzana at the reception is so guest oriented & all has a smille on her face ...Mr Urmar,Mr Vijay & The gentleman that clean our rooms they were all so friendly and helpful. the restaurant are too good the little men at the door is just a wow...

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

The reception desk service was dire. They kept us and another group waiting for hours at check in. We asked for two coffees whist waiting and got charged AED30. Not very welcoming! When we asked about the city Big bus tour they did not want to help. We think it was because there is a very pushy tour rep in the reception area trying to get you to go with them! There are 6 bar/ clubs in the hotel mainly attracting locals but the bars were very welcoming to us. Overall an ok place but we wouldn't go back.

The room was basic but clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Noisy night club till 3am and massage studio on 7th floor. Staff see no problem with it. Very dirty bathroom, poor internet. DON'T RECOMMEND!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

facility furniture is very old, Cockroach in rooms, bathrooms are in need for urgent maintenance, room bed, dressing and cupboard need immediate change... Moreover, the noise and loudness after 9:00 PM is intolerable, offensive and non-avoidable at least for first 2 floors!!!

Staff was very polite, gentle and flexible. Mainly farzanah (beloved person) and Omar.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

the payment process wherein i need to pay cash even i pay already thru credit card.

The guy who's in charge in the pool and jacuzzi he was very very patient and diligent.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

I booked to arrive on 11th at 4-5am knowing that it will be respected. I followed up with phone calls but the Hotel was adamant that I have to pay aed for early check out even though my total stay was around 11 hours.

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

rates were too high and night club should not be there when you are open for families

the staff and the services and the location were the most fantastic

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

spa and Jacuzzi was not working during my 4 days stay. restaurant is very expensive.

Amazing staff very friendly and helpful. overall everything was good.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Noisy in clubs that go beyond the cluster walls. Poor Internet connection, daily passwords that do not work often.

Hospitality was good in good location.Very convenient to move around.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Wifi connection doesn't reach inside the rooms, you have stay in the hallway to used it. Also voucher given to me was written in a piece of cut out paper

Staff are friendly, nice location very accessible good value for your money

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

if they can have microwave and kettle inside the rooms

location of the hotel is accessible and easy to find.as well as the ambiance and the staff are vey welcoming

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

the beds were so small and there was no iron when asked. The aircondition was noisy. No water or Tea complimentary given. There is also no parking so difficult for people to pick me.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

My kids had no fun at all using the Swimming Pool because all they could do is hang on to me, and it is too deep for even adults to enjoy.

Everything was fine.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Atleast normal drinking water should be available without charge, it a basic thing? and only one Indian TV channel was there

Room ambience was good/pleasing, staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

I think only the night parking is little difficult.

Everything is very good and friendly staff is the main thing. Their friendly talk and without any standby the customers. These all are very good

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

If travel and tourism facility for visiting landmarks of Dubai can be arrange from hotel, it will ease to tourist . Over all I like the hotel

Hotel is located near to metro station. Mini market,good restaurants of all type of food like Pakistani Indian and Arabic are also near to hotel. Front desk staff of hotel is very much cooperative .

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Its always a homecoming when I stay at Orchid. From the reception, food & beverage to housekeeping, the staff are pleasingly accommodating. Special mention to Ms. Farzana and the lady russian Guest relations officer at front office. Keep it up.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

I like every thing from the Reception because they are very friendly and all are approch with cute happy face that is enough for getting positive energy

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

The carpet on corridor was clean but there is a little bit weird smell. The main thing I didn't like about is when I was booking its Aed190 but at reception I paid aed239. That is aed50 different and I was told plus tax and I paid another 10aed coz I used forein bank card which it didn't say on Internet. Am upset about that It was not mentioned on website.

It was clean and tidy. Good customer service and I like the curtains coz it didn't late the light to come in the room for that reason we slept longer.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

I had made a booking through my credit card and the receptionist called me when i was asleep to give them the credit card as she forgot to take copy. She said that she'll send the bell boy but I didn't want to give my card to anyone so i had to get up and go down myslef which I didn't like. But it was a nice experience overall.

It is a nice hotel located at rigga road.

congested room with slow WIFI.

The staff, management and night clubs.

Greeting

Well I didn't see anything to dislike

The customer service was Excellent

Location and price

breakfast only indian food nothing els

good

Path room

Staff

Good

No maintenance no ac working

Nothing a

Inability to exchange money or receive money

Staff very nice every where, so polite

Reception staff boys are very nice . Girls is very stupid

very bad hotel bad smell not comfortable staffs not kind i don't recommend this hotel 😡

nothing 😡

No wifi No water

Nice and good relaxing comfortable

Service assistance quality

Service is little slow....

WiFi sucks.

Staff is friendly and try to help. Rooms are good. Cleanliness is fine. Metro and restaurants are located at convenient distances.

Browse Orchid Hotel Dubai traveller photo gallery