Reviews of Rayan Hotel Sharjah 4 stars

Al Wahda, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

#12 of 71 hotels in Sharjah

Room and location

This property is awsome. Its suited to us family who wants to bond more and have quality time. We will surely comback in this property.

• Standard Twin Room

Just the room is not soundproof. You can hear some noise outside the room and the noise from the other room.

The staff are friendly and accommodating. We had an event for our 2nd year anniversary for United DDS UAE and just had the room for dressing place for our gowns and doing the makeup space for the ladies who does not have a place. Our Event was very successful even we had booked their functional hall last minute due to some circumstances happen for our previous venue. Hope next another event we can booked that place. Can accommodate maybe up to 300 guest. Thank you so much for the best service they had.

• Standard Room

Parking could have been better as we had trouble finding directions to the parking entrance. Even while getting out, very less space. Wished we had more options for breakfast :) , though it was definitely worth the money.

The Reception staff were very helpful especially a beautiful young Filipino, named Orchid. We were even upgraded for free ! Room is very spacious with huge & neat bathroom. Enjoyed the swimming pool as well. Breakfast was basic but definitely worth the money. Overall, I would highly recommend this property if you want to just relax and unwind. Thanks Booking.com and Rayan Hotel ! Kudos to your staff !

• Standard Room

Room not clean and got skin sensetive, Sink was moving. Room was dark. Wifi was poor signal. Requist to change room and was not avaiable as i booked

Hmmmm.... Still Thinking....

Other than the location and facilities, it is the hospitality of the hotel staff that brings me back to this hotel again and again...

• Standard Room

The only thing, are the TV channels, there aren't many English ones.

The hotel rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff are very polite and friendly. Mr. Kiran, the front office manager was extremely helpful. Even got a late check out, all thanks to him. All in all, it's a hotel worth going back too :-)🙂

• Standard Room

The most pathetic customer service ever. Only rude attitude by the staff. Got to renew my room card 10 times, and I guess not only me most of the guests along with me. No minibar in room. Just one towel in washroom. Beach transfer is not for the Asians (Racism).

They allowed me early check inn

• Deluxe Room

Slippers and towel were provided on asking being a 4 star hotel must be available at first instance.

The room was spacious and arranged in comfortable way.

• Standard Room

The reception staff weren't great, no towels in my bathroom, I think there is many rooms for improvement

Clean, the room is big, the bed is comfortable

• Standard Room

The location is not very good, there are no ATM machine nearby as they are not accepting debit card but only cash and credit card, so we went to Megamall just to withdraw. When we got the keycard, its not functioning so we waited for minutes in the front of our room for the housekeeper to come and open the door but he did not gave us a new one therefore the next day we borrowed again from the receptionist a new one. When we came to the bedroom, there are no towel and pillow cover. Although that room is not what we booked as the receptionist upgraded our booking for free but we expect that it is clean and is ready for such necessities. So before you come to the hotel room, inform first the receptionist of what you need so they prepare it ahead of time. During breakfast there are few tables to sit on and when you come like 8am, you'll wait a bit to have some free chairs. Also, since it is located in Sharjah, you cannot stay with your partner on the same Jacuzzi and sauna and gym, only unless there are no one using it but that is very rare.

The receptionist handles their customer well despite she is alone during the night. She was able to give us a good room more than what we expect. All the staff specially the Filipino were very hospitable and approachable. The food for breakfast is somehow good especially for the western people. It is a healthy breakfast with lots of fruits, salads, bread, porridge, fruit juices, sausage and some Arabic and indian breakfast. But it is better also if they have fried rice, some chicken and bacon or fried egg.

• Standard Room

Housekeeping could have been better. For some reason there were no towels when we checked in. Had to remind them three times before they got it.

Location was very good and central. Nice restaurants about.

• Standard Room

I got small room that is not my selection 'they gave me small room not standard room as l booked on line that really made upset.

It was clean and quite frankly

• Standard Room

Floor 7 smoking smile I have a benefit of (late check-out) they refuse to give me even 1 hour..! Room services very slow

Friendly staff Breakfast Parking WiFi

• Deluxe Twin Room

Dirty swimming pool and the pool area. The deckchairs were so dirty we didn't even sit on them. Jacuzzi also looked dirty and we didn't dare to try it. So you pay all this money but can't use the facilities because they are too dirty. Breakfast was always the same not a great choice and a bit expensive for what you get. Internet very intermittent. Coffee provided in the room wasn't really a coffee but like a coffee like drink.

We liked this hotel last year and that was the reason we came back this year. However, this year was a great disappointment. The staff was nice.

• Standard Room

The service was very bad I checked in at 6:40 PM, I found my room without any towels, toilet paper, laundry bags, sandals, prayer mat,....... I called the reception they promised to send them but unfortunately nothing sent to my room, next day I went down to reception to complain, they promised again to send and clean the room, I went out and came back at 1:30 PM and found no changed ( the room not cleaned, no toilet paper, laundry bags, .......) I called them again and finally at 5:00 PM they came to clean the room and provide the missing staff. I booked 2 rooms, and the reception upgraded me to one executive grand suite and it includes mini kitchen, when I want to use the cooker to boil water for my baby they told me not allowed to use the cooker because your room not a smoking room ( why did you put the cooker in a non smoking room and advertised it to me with mini kitchen to accept your upgrade)

Some staff are friendly

• Standard Room

Quite far to the main bus terminal in Sharjah, so always need to use taxi which costs minimum 11.50 AED. Reception always busy with groups of tourists.

• Deluxe Room

I don't like the restaurant ; it is too missy and crowded also the food is not good and fresh and many tips of food that you can choose .

The property is nice and clean also the location is very good ; and the rooms are big and comfortable and clean as well as the toilet . The stuff are kind .

• Standard Room

There was staff were rude especially bellboy even they doesn't know how to treat the guests. room service were very poor due to not follow the requests on time after calling to reception, however, the one of receptionist Mr, hassan, he's the one who very helpful person.

Location near by cease mega Mall and restaurants

• Standard Room

the room- I guess we booked a smoking room but provides us non smoking one. a little bit small. and i smell something stinky from the toilet. also, i love coffee but wasn’t able to make one from my room since the kettle is very rusty.

only the staff hazel from Front Desk that provides us an option which we can save from our trip .

• Standard Twin Room

Many people smoking at the entrance of the hotel.i saw spit on the stand decoration outside the B wing elevator.

Courteous staff and the hotel was clean.

• Deluxe Room

I booked for 2 adults and 2 kids but the room has 1 king size bed which cost me additional 100 Dhs per night for the additional bed since mattress is not available in the hotel. I think Booking.com must clarify that

The place is clean and quiet, staffs were friendly and helpful

• Standard Room

Room type names in Booking.com has to match with hotel room type names ( single bed , king bed,... etc) As I booked standard room and request king bed but hotel staff inform me bed selection is optional in Booking.com and hotel will provide it base on availability. That has to be sort out immediately.

Upgrade to deluxe room free and all standard room with king bed busy. Clean , Free parking

• Deluxe Room

The only problem I had was the housekeeping's timing where they were not able to clean up the room while out for couple of hours. Very light on beverage even basics like coke and no vine or beer in or outside the hotel. Traffic in Sharjah is very bad and the taxi there don't take cards nor use Uber! Be ready to have cash when getting around in Sharjah.

Junior suite was excellent. Very spacious and very comfortable for work as well as relaxing. Staff was very friendly and super helpful! They do take care of you here at the highest level. Food was great and a lot cheaper than Dubai. Great pool and gym facilities. Be sure to go to the new building not the old one as I spent the first night in building A and that is a "old building" . Enough said.

• Executive Junior Suite

Horrible underground parking with one narrow opening for entry & exit. Most people would scratch their cars on their way in & out. Staff were fine but not friendly enough. Checking in took a long time.

Spacious room

• Standard Room

The bed was a new bed or new mattress and it had orthopedic (very hard type) mattress fitted with the factory plastic cover left on. This need to be changed. The breakfast room is in the ballroom of the new extension with only tables for 8 people. Not correct when the rooms are two person rooms.

The room was clean and well fitted out The parking was good

• Standard Room

Well nothing to say about that.

Well I can say it was worth my stay, perfect in every way. It was worth every penny. Awesome. Keep it up. I came all the way from Abu Dhabi and was pleased with the services provided

No thing

There is one guy in reception called Hassan he was very helpful and he did everything for me , if anyone book in this hotel go to this guy Hassan I recommended l..

• Standard Room

All things in Rayan Hotel are good, nice and amazing. Thanks for all sweet things I would like to thank all Rayan members especially Mr. Hassen for his swiftly supporting. Rayan hotel is very nice and clean hotel. I'm fully encouraging to get accommodation in Rayan Hotel. My regards to all Rayan Hotel members Appreciated

• Standard Room

All things were amazing 😉 I like the hotel. It is very clean and closer to all facilities. Sure I will come back to it for each and every visit to Sharjah. Furthermore, I would like to thank Mr. Hassen for swiftly dealing with customers and especially with me. I love the hotel. I like the flexibility of checking out.

• Standard Room

Everything .. noisy couldn’t sleep .. no valet parking .. shortage in staff .. no one help u ..over priced food ..

Nothing .. worst hotel I ever been in

Parking was a little limited and the view was not that great, but this is out of their hands as they are restricted to the location of the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and hospitality was great. Room Service was great. Rooms are magnificent. the whole stay was enjoyable. Would recommend this hotel for friends and family.

• Standard Room

You can hear the sound and conversations from the other room due to there is connecting door and it's not sound proof.

It's near to Masjid, mall and restaurants

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Executive Junior Suite

The basement parking isnt too big but the parking outside makes up for it

The staff, very professional and soft spoken. Loved the rooms the cleanliness.

• Standard Room

The narrow entrance for basement car parking.

The breakfast was fantastic. The room size was OK and very clean with all facilities needed including tea/coffee tray and hair dryer. The staff are friendly and helpful. The swimming pool and the gym are all OK.

• Deluxe Room

Waiting too long to check in more than 1 hour Cakrotch in the room Cleaning not probably each day Some times no place to barking

The rate of money There is barking place but not enough for all Location

• Standard Room

This time everything was baaaad

Last few months hotel changed its strategies and become very bad. My last booking they give me room in old building and when I asked to move to New building they refused and informed me that management decided to give all guest via booking.com rooms in old building where rooms are old, bathrooms are old and not clean; parking are very small and no elevator to parking area. Secondly they don't give guests in old building any value. My tv was not working and when I asked for fix no one came. I asked for iron they give me one broken with wire outside which dangerous for kids. Bathroom wash basin was pulling water too hardly and so many thinks.

• Standard Room

The staff especially those at the reception were very friendly and accommodating. They also treat my kids well. I feel secured for my kids in the hotel.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel abilities of getting any problems with electrical power troubleshooting is to bad coz we stay for more than two hours without any electricity and without any helps from the hotel staff even there was no emergency light in rooms

The bed

• Deluxe Twin Room

staff in the evening shift specially Philippino are very nice and good attitude, welcoming, helping and smiling, but in the after noon shift found a Indian guy setting on the reception very rude and really feel annoying, the person should not set on the reception He has bad attitude and even does not know how to talk with guest

It is nice place to stay with family or even fro business trip in sharjah, the only issue is parking the under ground parking are too narrow and most of the time people carelessly park their car to occupy more than one parking at same time

• Deluxe Room

Had thought there would be alcohol in mini bar. But since its illegal in sharjah I would pass that one out. But even smoking is not allowed in room or even a different smoking area is not allotted in the hotel. I had specifically checked both these in the site and I didn't get it. On top of that there were even more payment to be done while checking in, in the form of taxes they say. Why wasn't this included in the total amount? Also for a deluxe room the room looked just like a motel room. On top of all these complete Easter of tv channels, nothing entertaing. Also price is high for such a basic facility hotel. I would say that Rayan hotel was the main downside during my stay in sharjah.

The bathroom, and air conditioning was good.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Room

Hi ,, it is a good hotel . but they charged me more for the extra beds for my kids even though i booked for my family and they showed ( good for 2 adults , 2 kids), but when i reached the hotel i found that i need to pay for the extra bed !!!!!!!!!! why why ... or i wouldn't chose this hotel. please booking.com ... it should be clear ... thanks and best regards ibrahim al wahaibi

• Standard Twin Room

The only thing which was not to the mark was the breakfast as it was not what I expected.

It was a great value deal. Staying there was a good experience , since the hotel is close to the Mega Mall it was easy and convenient. The facility has everything and also the staff was very friendly. All the that you want for a family trip.

• Standard Room

Reception staff was very rude when I asked for extension of one hour in check out and she asked for half day charges even I m guniun in booking. Bathroom was not cleaned well. No shoe for bathroom. No many options in breakfast. They used to be excellent but now the are degrading the quality.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Standard Room

I booked rooms for 250 Durham win I ritsh hotel staff asking me to bay 266 Durham and he give me smoke rooms win I asked him for non smoke staff take axtra money

Not good

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

The worst swimming pool i have ever seen in my life. About the room, the elfosit doesnt fit well ( room 319) . The wardrobe doesnt close properly so the light was always on. In the breakfast, we felt that we are eating frozen food because they didnt warm the food. You have to learn extra skills to take the car out of the parking slot. Totally it was horrible. Thanks .

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

- Room Cleanliness - Mismanagement at Reception while Check-in - Mismanagement at Breakfast while. I asked for a smoking room and they gave me a non-smoking room with a commitment to change the room next day but they never turned back... - No replenishment of water and tea bags in room. - Not changing towels... - One can easily see dust on curtains in the room... - No refilling the dishes/milk/fruit during breakfast until being asked... This time the hotel was full so nobody from staff/management was bothered to pay attention to details... I am a regular guest since last 3 years but this time I am forced to think twice while selecting hotel for my next trip to Sharjah...

Location, Bed size...

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Executive Junior Suite

The staff are not helpful and not respacte the guests requests. The Room details said that an extra bed can be provided for the third person but they not agreed And they said I have to pay for extra bed.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

Just a little suggestion. The night we arrived, my 3 year old son bumped the sliding glass door because there was not any strips or any form showing there was a glass door going to M1 at Block-B after coming from the rehearsal. His nose was bleeding so hard and there was a lot of blood came out. We have not yet took him to the doctor. It is the hotel's responsibility to keep the safety of everyone specially the children. Before that, also a little girl bumped the rotating glass door at Block-A entrance. That is one that you should be alarmed of. I wanted to bring my son at the hospital that night and file a complain if his bleeding did not stop. He had his nose and lips swelling that night though.

The service as a 4 star hotel is as it was expected.

• Deluxe Room

It was a very bad experience. They gave me key card of a room which occupied by a family. But thanks to God I did not open the door because there was people sound coming from inside the room. Also after paying them cash in advance for two nights, on the next day they disturbed me by calling more than once to make sure if I paid the money or not. And then they knocked at my door at night too to make sure again if I paid the money or not. Also the signal of ”Pls do not disturb” in front of the room was on, but they did not care. Finally after wasting my time and spoiling my day they found that there was mistake from their side and then they apologized. Even 1 star hotel do not make such mistakes.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Room

Nothing. I will never go back. A really bad experience. Please don't go there if you are a business traveller. Rooms are really dark Wi-Fi doesn't work properly regardless of many complains I made and the staff is good for nothing. Worst experience in any hotel so far.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Room

The room was not clean, and the room service people did not clean my room even after i asked for that. The room smelled bad and had different spots on the walls and the bathroom was not clean. The bathtub did not work and got filled with water while i was taking a shower!

The location was good The bed was big

• Deluxe Room

- There's no enough parking in front side of the hotel when you stopped for check in, also back side was locked & not allowed to enter from that door.! - 2 staff only for check in/ check out process, they are too late..!

Every thing.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Room

Crowded by Chinese tourist groups. Noisy and crowded breakfast situation, nescafe only. Coffee machines switched off because of the group situation. Breakfast selection adapted to Chinese preferences. Not what I expect for a 4 star standard in this price range.

Nice staff and room.

• Deluxe Room

There was not much we didn't like. The only thing is while checking out they wanted to charge me 2 drhm for local calls. We didn't make any calls only my son picked up a phone and apparently their system considers it as a local call so be careful not to pick up a phone if you don't want to be charged. The lady at the reception was not very friendly although she didn't make me pay in the end. However, her being not friendly ruined our overall stay a little bit.

Nice and quiet rooms and comfortable beds. Good breakfast with a variety of cold and hot options and we liked it a lot. Nice gym and sauna with helpful and accommodating staff. Reception staff Katrina was extremely helpful. We found a good place to eat nearby. Definitely, number 1 choice if we come back to Sharjah.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

No pleasent views out of the rooms other than the buildings and nearby apartments.

Friendly and helpful staff,Comfortable room, clean washroom, good breakfast for reasonable cost, easily accessible location.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Standard Room

Some individual attitudes from house keeping staff need to be improved, other wise perfect services, very comfortable stay and nice team leaders and management.

Lots of advantages such as swimming pool, jacuzzi, playing area, room space, location, value for money.

• Deluxe Room

parking not enough elevators are too slow to come toilets were smelling bad

good staff good breakfast but need more attention to food varity it was the same menue for two days

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Car parking very difficult to park under ground the hotel, Sound of bath water from the upper floor, Cleanes of bathroom is bad, Room service is slow, Fair breakfast, Reciption staff not welcom

Tv, room size,

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

It is advertised on booking that room are soundproof, this is clearly not true.The hotel is right next to a a mosque, which was loud in the early morning. The hotel is very defreshed. It is not what a 4 star is expected to be. The elevator in parking did not work. I am OK to pay a cheap breakfast, but really this one is really poor quality.

The room is big, the pool is nice, price is fair in comparison to other hotel in area.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Standard Room

- Very limited breakfast menu. - Very tight private parking spaces - risky (in the basement). - Staff were "cold" and not proactive.

+ Location

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

The ground parking or parking no. 1 is very narrow; there is almost no space. You have to be very careful while entering and leaving. The reception forget to inform us we have to contact gym two hours before to use jacuzzi.

Very good breakfast, there is a lot of options. Comfortable room, nice bed, hot shower at all times; central heater. And there is nearby masjid, super market and many Resturant.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Executive Junior Suite

I arrived at 14.30 room was not ready ( exclusive junior suit) then on arrival to room no towels at all , I need to call 5 times , no pen available, no tissues After many attempts brought few towels not the usual, same problem in second and third day Cleaning was not good I found few biscuits here and there Next day even tea and coffee items were not there !?? For checking out I waited 15 minutes then went down and brought somebody

Big room

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Standard Room

Elevator not working to parking level. Elevator area to dieartyRoom furniture dearty .Toilet to small and sanitary on rong place. Breakfast table dearty. Parking to small and difficult to get in.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

1. There was No IRON and table in the room and when asked for one, they didn't bring and after one hour they took my clothes to laundry. 2. No car parking for big cars. 3. fire alarm started wrongly. 4. There was no towels in the bathroom and they took to long to bring after I call them twice.

Room size

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Standard Room

this hotel is not really a tourist hotel. no information about sightseeing etc., rather far form everything. restaurant in the evening does not work, Guests are mostly ME people with families. Anyway, if you stay, you need a car as there is little to do and see nearby the hotel. Airport ca 30 minutes away when no traffic jam. 15 minutes from Sharsja aquarium.

the price. we stayed only 2 days as a city break on the way from Africa to Europe. And we know UAE pretty well. For our purpose it was OK.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing worth mentioning but I hope the hotel management provide standby ironing maching and bed for every room.

The bed, room, room facilities, reception, WiFi, and morning newspapers Thanks for your hospitality really.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

1-some of the Reception staff are not fraindly 2-The rooms have been booked by booking are not available in the hotel . 3- asked for non-smoking rooms bout the corridors smells cigarettes and the staff dident do any thing.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Room service come too late. The put 2 adults two children but no place for children to sleep. Better if they add sofabed to the room. My children slept on duvet on the ground.

Reasonable price and good location

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Standard Room

Size of car park so small and tight caused my car damage, staff of restraint are few and don’t have time to clean tables for new comer, TV in room so complicated to mange

Room, cleanness of the hotel, reception staff, breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Staff were not friendly..at breakfast the way the staff cleaning the tables was disgusting,with too much of noise, at aarival they gave me different room than I booked..I didn't like my stay, it doesn't worth the money I paid..

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Standard Room

Not clean, shortage of cleaning staff, poor service, slow in check in and out Warest hotel ever i seen in my life. Room was not ready until 4 No hot water in bath. Waste bin was not cleaned

Not good at all

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Executive Junior Suite

It is my fourth stay here and the worst.The hotel is running very short of staff and it's very evident starting from check-in which is taking almost an hour for the last two visits for me , to room cleaning which is not done well at all The breakfast is very limited,the supply can not accommodate the load and you got to wait 10 mins for a cup of tea !! The area of breakfast is very small and everyone hitting your chair !! No space !! They have 5 baby cots for the whole hotel so if you are traveling with a kid you gotta suffer!! I will never come back here

Sheaper than other 4 star hotels in the area and that's reasonable for the location and overall service

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Pizza..lol:)))

Clean and comfortable room.whoever is looking for peace and quitness..rayan hotel is the right place.i love their food..only pizza can be better..a polite and kind staff.the prices of food lust very reasonable.for sure i ll come back

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard Room

I was a mission to get towels on day 1. I waited 2 hours for them to arrive. When they arrived, there were only 2 towels, no bathmat or hand towel. Every subsequent day of my stay though was blessed with an extra towering item!!( bathmat arrived on day 2, hand towels added on day 3, facecloth on day day 4) The gym was tiny and poorly equipped. It can only accommodate 2-3 people before looking overcrowded. It also opened at 8.00 and not at 7.00 as promised. Coneirge's knowledge was poor No shuttle service to any of the nearby malls (Mega Mall was a 10 minute walk)

They upgraded me to a deluxe suite, on arrival. Staff were sweet and polite. Except the bell-boy who give me dirty looks for the rest of my stay as I did not tip him on day 1 (how could I if all I had was a 500 dirham note in my pocket). The breakfast buffet had an excellent spread, though food labels would be appreciated. Linen was clean and smelt fresh. Complimentary Bottled water provided daily. Comfortable stay for a business visit. But skimps on the frills and not very kiddie friendly, so would reconsider for a d family holiday.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Busy at Eid. Too many kids in pool at times and running around hotel - but parents fault not the hotel.

Couldn't fault the hotel. Very clean, comfortable room and bed. Superb customer service. Very friendly and efficient. Front of house staff knew my name from the outset and even remembered how i like my coffee. Great location near lots of restaurants.

Browse Rayan Hotel Sharjah traveller photo gallery