Reviews of Sharjah Grand Hotel, a member of Barceló Hotel Group 4 stars

#24 of 71 hotels in Sharjah

6.2

Good Hotel, bad reception
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

At the beginning they refused to give us connected rooms although I called 1 day before I checked-in and asked for it, but at checkin time they said we don't have available connected rooms, however after a lot of disscussions they give us a connected rooms. also one of the rooms had a very strong smoking smell.

the beach was amazing and also the restaurant buffet offered a very delicious food

Would go back here any time.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Thought the pizzas were a bit expensive from the poolside cafe.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, including giving us a takeaway breakfast when we left early, hailing a taxi for us. There is free shuttle to Dubai although we didn't use this. This was our second stay here and it was good to see they had added tea and coffee to the rooms.

Nice location , nice beach
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast wasn’t good. A/C wasn’t working properly There were painting work at hotel were it was so smelly because of oil paint and knocking sound by Hummer all morning. We couldn’t sleep well or rest. We have complain but due to availability no other rooms are available. It was very bad experience and i expect to get compensated for this by booking.com or hotel itself

Nice location , nice beach

Good hotel with very nice facilities. See view rooms are way better than city view. Friendly staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

- No AC control (can't control fan speed or switch it off) generally it needs some upgrade. - need to look seriously at the design of the water slider by the pool as I heard that many accidents happened from other guests (during my visit it was closed for maintenance as it was broken).

- swimming pool and beach are very good. - friendly staff. - sea view rooms are very good.

Didn't enjoyed our stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

Aircondition on the city side rooms is not good. They offer us to be transferred on the other room but still AC is not good. We haven't slep well. :(

Swimming pool is wide and beach is clean

The hotel needs upgrading but priced at the level for it's condition, some staff are poor in service
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I didn't like the need to pay for an extra towel for the friend I invited to have a swim in the beach who is a local and encouraged me to stay at the hotel, poor goodwill when they actual will give you as many towels as you like. Embarrassing to my guest they could have been more discrete rather than ask my guest for money, I charged it to my room which made my guest uncomfortable for visiting.

Unfortunately unhappy stay that may let me decide not attempt booking again in this hotel in future
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

A/C cooling system, water heating system in toilet, refregirator that was leaking in one room & not working in another room, water cleaning facility in toilet, TV in both rooms were not clear with full disterbance & worst case that no facility for watching world football in the hotel

ًً ًNothing at all

Not recommended to any body
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

room is so small food is so pad very bad no drinks even water are included in the dinner ??? quality of the food low no varity limitted options of foods with pad making

Best beach resort in Sharjah
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel is just 8mins away from the Sharjah Bus Terminal, the beach is so clean, with mild-strong waves and with perfect view of the sunset. Beach towels are provided everytime you visit the pool/beach. Cottages and sunbeds are enough for visitors. Great selection of breakfast. Love the waffles. Shuttle bus is provided for the transfer to Deira city Center vice versa. Really love our stay in Sharjah Grand Hotel, highly recommended and we will come back again!

Comfort and leisure..

Pool Is too deep.. not good for families . And pool and beach access is closed at night, It should be at open until late night at least on a weekend or public holidays when the rooms are full.. Hotel is old .. but well maintained,, Not so 4 star .. ok with 3 ..

Beach ,breakfast and cleanliness...

Stay was good.

Room smell was not good. I think it's from A/c. Other rooms were good. Swimming pool water to be treated well. Parking space is less.

Good breakfast. Facilities like Swimming pool and beach at a cheaper rate. It has 2.85 m deep pool and a good beach.

Needs Improvement

A/C not working fine, No Muslim Shower in bath, Initial arrangement of rooms was not as booked, had to organize it till evening...as we had 11 rooms there.

Location, Pool & Breakfast is Great ...!!!

Good value for money
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I stayed in classic double room with sea view. Room is looking very old fashioned/style. Our mini bar was empty. Bathroom is very small size. No snooker board, or any entertainment area.

The view from balcony..superb Nice and large swimming pool. Beach facilities are good and neat. Dinner & breakfast are classic very good 5/5

Location is great but the stay is poor!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel is pretty old and the interiors need a renovation badly. The room decor is basic not at all good for a 4-star hotel. Just because of the dull and old interiors it seems like a 2-star hotel! Bathrooms are gloomy and dull too.. Basic toiletries were not provided to us including bathrobes and slippers. We had to ask for it! And being Eid they had full occupancy for which they seemed to be highly unequipped.. the buffet area/ restaurant is very small. It was all crumped up and overflowing in the morning which made us wait for 15 long mins to actually find a place to sit! Bed and pillows weren’t that comfortable..

Location is great, buffet spread is good, outdoor facilities are great, swimming pool is great again!

This was our 3rd stay in the Grand Hotel and everything was...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

We would appreciate a shuttle bus to go more often to Dubai, not only once a day. Would be also nice if it goes to more places like Dubai Mall or Mall of Emirates - we wouldnt mind to pay for it.

This was our 3rd stay in the Grand Hotel and everything was perfect again. Amazing beach with crystal clear water, very good breakfast, clean rooms with balcony, very kind and friendly staff.

great location, nice sea
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

quality of this hotel is going down, room s equipment is damaged more and more every year, hotel is not innovating furniture or umbrella on a beach, breakfast - not so many options

great location, nice sea

Our 3days were very good overall.
    • Superior Room City View

We were not very happy with breakfast plates were cold untill our last day variety of food not very good.

We found our room very comfortable plus bedding lovely the beach looked lovely plenty of lounges and towells.

A piece of the heaven
    • Cabana 3 Adults

I expect a bigger room because I have my family with me. We were 2 adults and 2 children.

Sharjah Grand Hotel is a perfect place to spend a vacation.It has an excellent location where the sea is very close to the hotel. Staff is highly cooperative. Food in the resturant is tasty. Moreover, the hotel is quite.

VERY BAD
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I was deceived by Booking.com. Sharjah Grand hotel is not a 4 star -the hotel is offering a 2-3 star service. This hotel has never been renovated since has been build ...in '80's in my opinion. Perhaps 40 years. In front of the hotel is a high way road with heavy traffic there is no chance to go for a walk in the evening . The hotel is practicing a cheap tourist package business and the rest of the clients who pay premium cost are treated the same as the rest of the crowd. Lots of screaming children everywhere. I feel like I paid a business class ticket and I traveled at low cost. Breakfast was of very poor quality as for cheap packages tourist. I paid aprox. 18 euros/ person for breakfast and I was eating for about 2 euros every morning. I have made a complaint about the quality of food and they tried to offer me a bit of extra. This made me feel very bad as it was like begging them every morning . In the end I ended up bringing my own food from a near by market. Thanks God I did not pay full board as I was thinking initially. Pity I paid for my holiday 3 weeks. 3 weeks was a long waiting time to go back home. IN CONCUSSION DO NOT BOOK AT SHARJAH GRAND HOTEL OR AS AN ADVICE AT ANY HOTEL IN SHARJAH....SHARJAH IS A HORRIBLE PLACE.

Dubai mall transport . Beach.

it was fine.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

before check in i asked if ww can bring cake. they said no that they will take care of it. when we came there’s nothing. they said they forgot and they will just give it the next day. we got it upon check out, unfortunately i was not able to blow the cake and celebrate at exactly 12am

the room was nice. we got the one with the best sea view

• Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

Poor location, nothing nearby. Taxi ride to get anywhere and the traffic getting back into Sarjah is terrible, most people live in this area as it's less expensive so the roads are full getting back. There is a total ban on alcohol in this region of Dubai!!

Pool was hot and the beach is right there! Brilliant sea view

Very pleasant.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The food wasn’t to a particularly high standard in the restaurant although the pool bar/café served different choices and was excellent. The information appears to be unclear on booking that Sharjah is a separate state to Dubai. The hotel is a dry hotel - again the information appears to be unclear about this fact.

The staff were extremely helpful, courteous and made us very welcome. The beach was clean and close to the hotel. The outside pool cafe was excellent

Mediocre at best. Much to be improved
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

Only go here if you enjoy being thirsty. I did an all inclusive stay and it was pretty difficult to get a drink. The staff aren’t forthcoming at all in offering you a drink, even in the restaurant. The restaurant really needs to have at least water available to get during lunch and dinner times. When you’ve asked for a drink you tend to have to wait a minimum of 15-20 minutes for the drink. The hotel really needs people going round the restaurant and pool/beach and asking if they want a drink, even if they’re not on all inclusive, if anything that would boost sales of drinks massively. The meal options were very boring. Information about what is included in all inclusive is vague and hard to find. The bed was extremely hard, almost like sleeping on a steel sheet so I had a bad back the whole time i was there. The beach at one point was predominately locals not from the hotel who were just noisey and disrupted the tranquility of the beach. Which is frustrating as it was a private beach. There needs to be more sun beds or remove towels from sun bed where people have reserved on the off chance they go to the pool/ beach

The beach is lovely and very spacious with a lovely sea. The pizza at la bamba was pretty nice too. The staff member who rearranged the sun beds so the person I was with and myself could sit next to each other. Hats off to him

Suitable for a stay on a beach, but expensive with old facilities.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with City View

The hotel is very old. It smells pretty unpleasing in the rooms, all facilities are very old, the carpet in the room should be changed, bedroom should be completly renovate. Also because of humidity the bed staff is pretty wet. Breakfast is strange (adapted to russians). There are just 2 kind of jams from the package. Also less fruits, less for vegans. For theese conditions the hotel is tooo expensive. If you would like to go to Dubai-you have to take a taxi (expensive) or go to a main bus station (taxi!) to take a bus by your own or rent a car. Hotel doesnt support with transfer (it could be good one time in a day) to Dubai. There is just bus to shopping mall in Sharjah. Thanks to Irina on reception, kind and professional.

The location (directly on the beach) is just the one thing to take this hotel. But it costs its price.

It took around 90min for check in which it was so boring,...

No lifeguard in sea side , swimming pool are not suitable for kids and families it need adults as it 2.85 meter depth with only one guard so if any kid fall down wont find anyone to save him

It took around 90min for check in which it was so boring, but once we got the room everything was perfect , view, stuff,weather Restaurant was perfect ,, food was tasty and fresh we spent 3 days full board we enjoyed the food very much , we would thank chiefs , Mr ahmed hamdy the restaurant manager and everyone was there

Good place to relax on the beach, close to the airports
    • Classic Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Chairs on the balcony could be more comfortable to enjoy outdour staying, acces card needed to recharge every day. Two beach showers only in the middle, they are fare away from two sides of the beach

Amazing sea view from our room, clean beach, friendly staff. Good breakfast

More than satisfied
    • Superior Room Sea View

I would say, that 95% of the visitors are from Russia, they wake up very early and around 7.30 a.m all the sunbeds at the beach are blocked, although most of them come around 11.00 a.m.

I was in this hotel 18months ago, and I was satisfied. This time I was much more satisfied, the behaviour of the staff is much better. The rooms are clean and nice, the seaview is fabulous. The beach is also very nice and not so overcrowded as at other hotels in the region.

Breakfast was very good!
    • Superior Room Sea View

There was MANY russians. At 7 O clock in the morning all sunbeds were occupied with russian. The rooms had a bad smell and with a damp cold, when the aircondition was on.

Breakfast was very good! View, Beach and pool area were very Nice - But MANY russians.

Comfy and family friendly..good destination for a family staycation :)

None so far.

The convenience of reaching the beachfront from the hotel by just walking has always been the reason why we come back to this hotel. Apart from that, the staff are friendly and accommodating. Variety in the breakfast buffet was however not the same as when we previously visited. Appreciate more choices in the breakfast items. Overall still a place highly recommended for staycations.

Romantic hotel
    • Superior Room Sea View

It's a big and best choice to to stay with ur family it's lovely place we like it coz we feel comfortable and we wish to booking again every time we visit al Sharjah

Clean beach.
    • Superior Room Sea View

I booked through booking for 2 adults and 2 children with breakfast.. but when I went their they made me pay 50dhs for my doughter aged 8 yrs for her breakfast as my booking is only for 2 adults and children below 6

Clean beach.. nice pool with slide... good breakfast pufet

• Superior Room Sea View

Juice in breakfast is tasteless mixed with lot of water, toilet doesn't have spray for bidet.

See view was cool, room clean, breakfast is very good.

EXCELLENT
    • Superior Room Sea View

the massage service isn't available at that time :( and there were no free coffee or tea. i mean, i don't mind but since my husband is a coffee drinker i just expected that those were there because most of the hotels that we've been through provided all these simple consolation. but overall, i'm happy and satisfied.

the staffs are friendly, the bed is comfy, the seaside view room is excellent and very relaxing. i would definitely recommend this place.

Staff not friendly ,I will not book again
    • Superior Room Sea View

The staff not friendly and you have to ask room services several times to respond on your requests ,furniture very old ,breakfast not good , swimming pool deep its start from 165 cm .

The beach very close to swimming pool ,nice location

It was ok overall.
    • Superior Room City View

The cigarette smell in the hallways is very strong which triggered my allergy. :(

My 2 yr old loved the play area (although it's not very well maintained) and the swimming pool facilities and the staff are friendly.

Disappointing!!!
    • Superior Room Sea View

- Breakfast wasn't good. - Rooms weren't clean. - We had to wait for a long time while checking in. - Carpets stink (they triggered the whole family's allergies). - Staff were closed off and not very friendly - TV signal was very weak. - Wifi wasn't strong either. - No complimentary coffee, tea, sugar present in our rooms. - Pool closes early. - No slippers or shower coats. - Rules about no food from outside. - No water hose in bathrooms!!!! Extremely unsanitary!!! - Just because we came in as a family, although we're all adults, they positioned us in the family side of the hotel that was extremely noisy!!! - Rooms should be soundproof just like every other hotel in the 21st century.

Clean beach, good pool.

A comfortable, quiet easy hotel, good for business, but beds might be too hard for some.
    • Superior Room Sea View

Hotel decoration is a little tired, the wifi in the room is ok, but not high speed, it can come and go at times. The beds are very firm, so much so that I would not like for an extended stay - if they provided a matress topper (or similar) to provide some softness to the top, whilst retaining the underlying firmness then the bed would be perfect. They don't have a business centre as such, but they will happily print air tickets, boarding passes etc. if you can email the document to them.

The location is good for businesses on the Corniche, the beach is safe and clean. The hotel hasd a clean look throughout, although it has a well used look in places. The room A/C works well and does not distrurb. The staff are really good, and nothing is too much trouble. I have visted two times (short stays), on both occaisions the hotel was quiet, and sleeping was not disturbed.

Thanks to my family, we were able to enjoy.
    • Superior Room City View

RE:Booking.com This time, I felt mislead by the terms and conditions as they were NOT CLEARLY stated from the beginning. I Booked 2 rooms for 2 adults +1 child. Children age was clearly stated from the beginning. Unfortunately, Booking.com kept an important information until I booked and paid through my credit card. The important information that was kept till after payment was: "Room rates with Breakfast, half board or full board, meals will be provided for number of adults booked. Children over 5 years will be for an additional fee". In my Opinion, such information must be stated from the beginning, because what is the use of Showing 2 adults+1 Child Half-Board at AED 355. in my opinion, this is not the best practice and caused me an embarrassment with Grand Hotel Staff and made me look too little. It was obvious that Grand Hotel Staff had to explain this phenomena to many clients who were not properly informed. However, I paid the "Hidden" difference by respect. As a loyal and old client with booking.com, I decided to report this to your esteemed Marketing Team for booking.com not to loose its trustworthy image in the market. Re Grand Hotel: I know this Hotel since more than 20 years. It is obvious that the level has dropped down. With my Sincere Regards, Michel.

Friendly Staff at Grand Hotel.

Pool and beach
    • Superior Room City View

- Staff no respect - Room there is radio arabic channel in side room with speakers inside path rooms so muslim Azan working inside toilet in all rooms - one bottle of water only for first day - no iron inside rooms - food from outside not allowed , they apply 100 AED fine if bring food from outside - breakfast max only for 2 adult and one kid below 5 years old, with charge of 50 AED per extra kid, this 50 enough for full family breakfast outside the hotel - toilet not prepared for Muslim

Pool and beach

Old damp smelly carpet
    • Superior Room City View

Stale smelly rooms and hallway, wet carpet, bed as hard as the floor. The free internet works but does not allow viber or messenger phone calls. You must use their phone to call out. however it does allow text messages. Amazing thai massage lady (thankyou), pool was nice and clean.

The beach was great

Room without spoon
    • Superior Room Sea View

There were no slippers, not even a spoon, no complimentary tea or coffee , no earbuttons. Cleaners opened the room and entered although He saw still in bed and I'm a veiled woman he asked me to clean the room. When I answered that di not see me I'm in bed how cone you enter? He answered me the arrogance that he knocked. My friends asked for spoon so they can do their coffee nobady answered them. The cleaners took 10 dirhams tips and he was asked to bring earbuttons, but nothing has been brought.

The location of the hotel plus the view from the room

Im not visiting it ever again.
    • Superior Room Sea View

A: Elevator buttons panel on third floor is lose and could cause an electric shock or injury to children as its going to fall of the wall already. B: The room had a stale smell and humid which made our stay uncomfortable. Maybe the AC or the carpets not sure as the carpets felt damp. C: A water boiler is provided without tea or coffee , you have to ask and they send us two sachets Nescafe and few tea sachets and sugar. Next day we requested more coffee only and we were ignored costs nothing but it shows their customer service. D: On checkout day we had asked to arrange our room early morning but the chambermaid said we don't do that on checkout day, so we requested some clean towels strange as we have been to places where they did that even on checkout day maybe its their policy?? E: The healthclub or gym as they call it has a 1 bike and a 1 threadmill , billiards table, football table, not a single dumbbell, or bench or barbell bur strangely there and charts on the wall on how to use weights , and they call it a health club it sure needs some attention. For me this is not acceptable as some people excercize 6 days a week like myself . F: Breakfast variety very poor and didn't have kinds of coffee just american coffee and milk to add. bathrooms?? G: No proper flush hose in the bathrooms although present in the reception bathrooms. H: Bedsheets were not clean.

The Beach was clean and the pool also.

not perfect
    • Superior Room Sea View

Bringing food from outside the hotel is not allowed, penalty applied (100 AED), they want to charge me 50 AED for one infant for breakfast!!!! while my reservation was for two rooms for two nights including kids!!!! towels given against cards, no extra towels will be given, in case you miss returning one towel penalty applied!!! you feel that all your movement is monitored as Military facility??? coffee & Tea services inside the room will be provided for one time even if your reservation for many days!!!!

Hotel Facility

Location is good, beach and room sizes are good
    • Superior Room City View

Delay in getting rooms ready. More than 45 min Cleanence of rooms, no tissues, no slippers, no tooth brush,no well come drink /tea bags, suger. Mini bar price very expensive (12aed for one Pepsi can) No enough towels and procedures for getting towels so bad In resturent, they charge for kids and accepting what is included in hour booking. You can't feel comfortable while taking your breakfast 2-3 of hotel staff watching you and counting people instead of serving people?! Illegal procedures :keeping 🆔 with reception. They refused to Scan or take copies and ask for money security deposit while checking in if you want to take 🆔 No trust on customers and no reasonable response from hotel staff, the answer is always hotel procedures!

Room sizes, beach, location

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Amazing, helped to relax and will be repeated.
    • Superior Room Sea View

The kids swimming pool should be partially shaded.

The hotel location is amazing with perfect see view. Very friendly stuff. The restaurant view and food are too great. It is really recommended for families.

Value-for-money in slightly worn-out property. Great beach!
    • Superior Room City View

Very worn-out and soviet style property that suffers from moisture damages. Not for people with allergies due to that. However, everything is clean.

Really nice beach, more spacious than in pictures. Everything is cleaned up nicely.

NOT Suitable for family.
    • Superior Room Sea View

The hotel was much better last year , nowadays , the only thing they care about is how to get your money , you should pay for the parking otherwise they throw the car anywhere in there repugnant and crowded parking ( they hit my car and they refused to admit).. in addition to that , the baby cot is payable and expensive (99.99%) of the world wide hotels are offering the baby cot for free , Pertaining to the above , i tried to reach the receptionist ,and marketing management , but they were very rod and refused to listen. in principle . the hotel is no more suitable for family.

Because of the beach that is full of CRABS , i couldn't see any thing beautiful

Bad Experience in Sharjah
    • Superior Room City View

1) hotel cares about money more than anything else 2) staff was a bit rude talking to the clients 3) most of the customers were complaining and shouting in the lobby 4) arrived after the check in time but have to wait cause rooms are not ready 5) baby coat was not offered unless I pay extra charges 6) parking area is always rush and worker can't handle it

given a connected room as requested

Nice sea view and swimming pool
    • Superior Room Sea View

Not too clean a very bad weak wi if at the hotel during all my stay I bought today A AUD 400 wi fi local number to anable get wi fi . No good or big stores at all nearby. Save box not working. No bath tools like erasers, tooth past,body cream

Nice sea view and swimming pool

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Just enjoy the beach and pool
    • Superior Room City View

I don't like the staff speccilly charging my debet cart 2 time til now I don't get my refund back for charging me 2 times

Just enjoy the beach and pool

Never stay at this Hotel alone. It's too boring despite of a good location in 50 meters near a beach
    • Superior Room Sea View

The Hotel is for families and couples only. It was boring to have a rest alone without my girl and friends at this Hotel. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to plan my rest previously. Therefore I had to rest alone. There are almost only Russians in the Hotel. But there was not even an only company of young people to communicate with and trip to Dubai and Sharjah's city center together. But there were too many children. Any animation is absent there. So it was a boring rest in a good located hotel. Too expensive buffet in "Meena" restorant (110 AED) in comparison with quality (there were no any delicious dishes). And there was no an ability to buy HB or FB on www.booking.com to do price on meals affordable.

A very good location in 50 meters near beach. Free bus to Deira City Center mall (Dubai). Russian speaking personal. Early check in and late check out for a tourist, who has "genius" status on www.booking.com

Oriented on Russians.
    • Superior Room Sea View

Race for sunbed was crazy. If you need a place with sunbed on beach you need to wake up before 7 am. 🙈😂 Hotel is oriented on Russians. Russian signs, hosts, tour operators, evenings, special menu... The worse was check out. I felt like a thief. I declared that I took a coke from minibar, anyway I had to wait almost 5 minutes until someone will confirm it. Absurd.

Beach was nice. Free parking.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone that was heading to Sharjah.
    • Superior Room Sea View

Maybe the bottled water could have been replenished each day.

The roominess of our room and the balcony. The proximity of the pool and beach. The availability of more casual eating . The staff were very polite and always available.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

first and last in my life .
    • Superior Room City View

I booked the room for two with twin bed i found it very small and one bed . They told me we don't have . I requested somken room . They provide non smoking. Also they told me they don't have. They asked to hold my ID ,or 300 AED .for the mini bar, but the funiest thing is the mini bar has 2 small water abd 4 can of Pepsi. Only There is no coffee or tea in the room . They are saying this is the hotel policy. No iron machine, food not allowed 100 AED pnalty Looool . OMG first and last in my life . Booking.com. . You need to verify the hotel you are listing in your system . Thanks

Only swimming pool

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Good beach & location but bad visitors behavior (most visitors are Russian) about sunbeds keeping
    • Superior Room Sea View

Visitors put towels on sunbeds early morning even don't use it. It's terrible and not respectfulness to other visitors. Shall be improved by the management.

Good beach & location

A long taxi ride to Dubai - take up the excursions its pretty isolated.
    • Superior Room Sea View

no sunbeds left on the beach every day saw people at 4am putting them out- could do with walkways on the sand it was very hot burnt your feet no footwear allowed.. Food poor unless you payed extra and xmas songs being played over and over - its March! Rooms smelt and felt damp especially the beds, basic rooms but really need updating. Went on a trip out in the desert only alchohol to be found, if you like wine with your dinner - forget it! If you like sunbathing all day every day and you don't drink then this is the place - if not, its a good taxi ride and fare, it will cost you, be warned. Made the holiday with excursions in the end - had a brilliant time would recommend them all. Reception desk were very helpful although asking for t bags and coffee in your room took 2 days and several requests. If you ask for a coffee or tea outside be prepared to sign your life away made to feel like you were going to run off without paying sometimes. Staff were lovely but could do with smiling a bit especially the miserable one you embark when you go for breakfast... try smiling or say enjoy or welcome it makes a difference. Beach side view - no sun until sunset, spikes embedded into the walls to stop the birds i guess all around the view not nice to see. Glad we went but not for us.

Beach very clean

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

If no other choice
    • Superior Room City View

Unfriendly staff. Did not explain why they needed to hold onto our passports during registration. Repeatedly asked if we were staying at their facility several days into our stay. The shower was clogged and though maintenance fixed the issue, they left the tiles muddy from their shoes.

Shoe buffer, easy access to the beach, clean grounds

Good location - at private sandy beach, very close to Dubai,...
    • Superior Room City View

Very average and rather expensive beach restaurant, no shop in the hotel (but supermarket very close)

Good location - at private sandy beach, very close to Dubai, helpful staff, good breakfast, free daily transfer to Dubai

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Good value for money.
    • Superior Room Sea View

Need to install faucet beside toilet to make it Muslim friendly.

Told them we're staying to celebrate marriage anniv and they gave us complimentary cake. Great sunset view from our room balcony, clean beach, nice pool, good breakfast, we had an awesome stay.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

I hope hotel mangemnet and maintainance to take and action , I will never book this hotel in future
    • Superior Room City View

Smell and wash room very bad tyt

Very bad room smelling and not comfortable bed and when I'm taking showers the water was blocked can't move and normal , I have booked this hotel from Booking.com because 4 star hotel otherwise I wouldn't be chosen this hotel even if it is free

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

It was just ok
    • Superior Room City View

Basis things were missing need to ask for everything to fix like bathroom shoes weren't available tv wasn't working internet signals were poor no breakfast in deal etc

Beach and beach view

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Good budget hotel for short beach stays
    • Superior Room Sea View

The breakfast is completely oriented to the many Russian guest. Therefore it is not something for European guest. Please improve on that and especially the variety of products to a wider group of guest. At least half of the buffet was not something European would eat for breakfast. Secondly it would be greatly appreciated to have fresh croissants as the majority used to be dry. Thirdly the breakfast was always the same and should be varied more.

The service has been extremely good. The hotel has its own beach. It's pool is ok as well. It's a good choice for a beach hotel. Thanks for offering a free of charge hotel transfer!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Nice place for the family vacation.
    • Superior Room Sea View

WiFi in the room is terrible and slow. For the high speed internet need to connect from the lobby. The reception assistance is week and useless. Could do nothing was asked. Just smiling...

The hotel situated on the first line, 30 meters from the clean sandy beach. The entrance to the beach through the SPA center with clean and dry beach towels. Nice outside pool with the water heating function. The breakfast assortment not so big but tasty and with the fresh vegetables, sausages and cheese. Good room cleaning every day.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Only the view if the beach
    • Superior Room Sea View

Wi-fi is extremely poor. You have stand by the door or sit on the corridor the whole night if you want to access it. The less said about the furniture and equipments in the rooms the better. It is disgusting. Book at your own happiness' risk.

Only the view if the beach

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Breakfast, seaside, pools, many stools on the beach, big...
    • Superior Room City View

They charged more money showing the price in booking.com, even after taxes. Receptionworkers were not very happy to help you. If you need a early, night check-out, dont expect a normal take away breakfast, it was very poor.

Breakfast, seaside, pools, many stools on the beach, big bedroom, balkony. All the staff beside reception was so happy and helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Horrible Experience - Staff very rude and unprofessional
    • Superior Room City View

Staff treats you in an ugly way. Not an individual problem, all staff we met gave us very negative impression. No valet parking on arrival. No luggage service. When I tried to check out they asked me to GO BRING MY LUGGAGE MYSELF. Very long paper process on check-in and check-out. Breakfast was disgusting and very very poor not worth 1 dollar. Everywhere has bad odor and strange smell including the room. They did not honor booking*com late-checkout policy as they claimed they were too busy. Will never even think about going there again.

nothing.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Staff provides good service
    • Superior Room City View

Location very very bad. If you need to go to Dubai you will spend a lot of money for taxi costs. It would be better if the free bus service would go more frequent. WiFi very unstable.

Staff provides good service

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Avoid this hotel pay more and stay in better hotel to make your holidays great
    • Superior Room City View

Staff was not v helpfull room wasn't clean properly it was too noisy as its on main road also the room they show in pictures it's completely diffrent i wont recommend any one with faimly to stay there wifi also not good get disconnected every 10 min nothing is included in hotel you have to pay for everything even for water as well and they charge extra better stay in other hotel they charge same amount there were other customer as well fighting on counter with same issue they complained about wifi and thwy said if you want fast wifi you have to pay

Just i like the location of hotel its on beach

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Not bad not great

The furniture is old and needs maintenance. No coffe or tea is available for free in the room. Food from outside the hotel is extremely prohibited.

The bed is good.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

I am not going there ever again and that's because of the rude staff
    • Superior Room City View

They probably have the rudest staff you will ever find anywhere. NO discrimination but the Indian gentlemen at the counter on the night shift were so rude that I almost wanted to move out of the hotel and find a place else where. I hated almost everything about the hotel expect the view of my room and location of the hotel. Swimming pool was very nice too

Just the view and location

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Not recommended
    • Superior Room City View

They are keeping the ID or passport with them and when i asked them that we need to have it when we are outside.. they said this is the rule. They provide only to sachets of coffee and when i request one more they told me you have to pay..for me i will never go back there. Nothing in the room... you have to ask for everything. Tooth brush. Shaving. Shower robes etc...

The quiet location.. swimming pool only

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Maybe was at level 10 years ago
    • Superior Room Sea View

In Hotel check-in policy was note, that early check-in is subject to availability - there was so many free rooms but management still request money (full price for room for arriving 3 hours before the time).

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Close to the beach.
    • Superior Room City View

Breakfast and restaurants were terrible. Nothing to do in the area and if you try to get in to Dubai you had to sit in traffic for hours.

Close to the beach.

I like the Hotel manger behavior and quick response to deal...
    • Superior Room City View

I don't like the main reciption and restaurant reciption behavior to deal with families

I like the Hotel manger behavior and quick response to deal with coustomers issues

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

It's just OK,...
    • Superior Room City View

The staff are not so professional, some times tough also, You will find someone to ask you to close the window because this is a rule. you'll find some body want to check the contents in your hand bag, you will find someone ask you for the pool gate pass , if it's not in your pocket he will stop you even if you give him the room number,.. and he chock you with a stupid comment, what is the evidence that you are a guest,.. it was really annoying, I felt lake of respect to myself in a low profile place.

Good location, and good facilities

Browse Sharjah Grand Hotel, a member of Barceló Hotel Group traveller photo gallery