Reviews of The Cove Rotana Resort - Ras Al Khaimah 5 stars

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Salim Road, Al Dhaith South , Ras al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates

#11 of 36 hotels in Ras al Khaimah

• One-Bedroom Villa

At the time of registration we would have to extend our visit and the counter didn't even hear us. So we had to go to reception on the second day and they gave us a discount for the extension. And that was great! Also, the Spa is aint so value for money. We didn't like the procedure much, and after that we where not offered to stay for a cup of tea, so we had to ask for it. Not much relaxation, and though they said it's fully booked, it didn't seem to be so true.

We liked the hotel very much. Although it is older than 10 years it seems to be kept in a very good condition. The staff and rooms are in very good shape. Has two pools, one of them is natural, that I would recommend. Plus they make a great animal figures with towels in the room, that made us laugh a lot and made our days!

• Classic King Room

Very dated resort generally. Bar was crazy loud all day, really difficult to enjoy a drink in there. Food was very overpriced. Could have booked nicer for the same money.

Pools were great. Spa was good value as they did a half off deal for Eid. Staff were really nice.

• Classic King Room

The time between food order and food arriving at the table and also we requested a king bed but since the hotel was fully booked, we got two tin beds.

breakfast buffet, breeze lounge, and the lovely architecture and walks in and around the property.

• Special offer - All Inclusive - Classic King Room

The staff were amazing! The overall experience was superb! We would also like to give a shoutout to Ghalib from front desk who made our whole stay from check in to check out a real treat!

• Premium King Room

The pool was not that good, it looks old and not well maintained. Also in their infamous restaurant “cinnamon” I got mistreated but the waiter talking to me in a condescending way like I’m some kind of special stupid who doesn’t understand how hotels and restaurants work. Their hostess did not do her job properly and the waiter was disrespectful to me. So to sum it up although they have some good stuff in this hotel I would never go back to such a place which is kind of expensive and where I get mistreated. It’s just not worth it.

The place is nice, it’s comfy and the ambiance and the architecture is very cool.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I would like to watch the football next to the pool but there isn't a TV except for in the rooms and in the pub.

It was a lovely experience, ideal location and friendly staff. I would take my own pillow with next time and stay a few days longer. The pools are lovely this time of year and you could relax for a few days.

• Classic Twin Room

I changed the room two times because of the bad smell and spent one and half an hour to do that & my dubit card was not accepted to be an good card when ever I vested the restraint or the shop as I was paying all the time. They refused to refare the payment to the end when chick out time

All thr nature there is very nice and beautiful, all reception staff are friendly, poul staff was friendly, restaurant Staff were fine

• Deluxe Twin Room

For the kind of money paid and the star rating, the room is extremely small. There is also a lack of washroom facilities catering to different nationalities. Although in general the restaurant CINNAMON was brilliant the quality of the breakfast was diabolical. It felt like the food was made a week back and served on the day.

The bed was extra comfy. It was like sleeping on a cloud. The service at the restaurant CINNAMON was excellent with very attentive and pleasant staff. The beaches at the facility and the pools around the property are warm and welcoming.

• Special offer - All Inclusive - Classic King Room

Room could do with an upgrade.

We got an all inclusive deal and the value for money was great. Food and drinks were good, not 5 star Dubai great but still nice.

• Three-Bedroom Villa

They checked us in late and checked us on time. We need late check out if there is late check in.

Only 100 km from Dubai. Fantastic place. Private pool.

• Premium King Room

Buggy transport around the resort very necessary due to the heat and terrain. The room we booked was not upto the expectation, it was a full sea-view room and turned out to be a partial-view. There was no shataf in the bathroom. However the staff was really cooperating as our concerns were addressed and we were moved to another room which was far far better in terms of space/view. Overall, despite the above flaws, the stay was worth every penny and given a chance, I won't mind staying there again. I would also like to give special thanks to Meenu & Ibrahim for an exceptional reception we had during our stay. They were able to find ways to make sure their customers are comfortable and accommodated well.

Location is beautiful Pool/ Beach & Sea front area was very well maintained Breakfast was great covering most cuisine Staff was pleasant and welcoming

• Classic King Room

It would have been nice if the pool areas are open til 8pm at least. We would love to do night swimming.

I have always liked the ambience of the place. So relaxing and comfortable.

• Classic King Room

-They had only one place to Air the World Cup matches and charged 100 AED per person entrance fees. So we just went out for two nights for dinner and to watch the games. It’s a really shameful decision from the management of the hotel. They could of handled it in a much better way. -The bathrooms don’t have a shataf - The changing room beside the pool needs maintenance -The buggies took a long time to pick us from the rooms to drive us to the pool.

The staff were very friendly The breakfast was amazing The rooms were comfortable and clean.

• Classic Twin Room

the aircondition in our room 3008 was not functioning well.it was hot.we didnt slept good.were sent to a wrong room.then again transferred.it took 1 hr for us to go to our room after the check in

staff were friendly

• Classic King Room

Slow responsiveness of the buggy service. Always took at least 20 minutes to get some one to pick us up from the room. Even on the check-out day, had to wait for 40 minutes to get help with luggage

Pool, beach, view

• Special offer - All Inclusive - Classic King Room

After asking to extend our stay for 1 extra night - simple answer was given : You can't, You need to check-out and check-in again.... say whaat? :/ That comes first before all the good things we enjoyed there. Of course we left the other day!

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Kitchenette not equipped with any utensils, special request of crib not done when i arrived, no pool towels provided, only provided to sunbeds although we booked for 4, electrical socket in kitchen not working, some appliances faulty.

Exceptional location, friendly staff, spacious, clean rooms.

• Classic King Room

1.Small tv and no channel variety 2.Clogged kitchen sink 3.clogged shower.. no bathtub :( 4. 2 hours AC maintenance during the stay 5.Old fashion furniture ...dirty looking sofa 6. No wow factor in the villa and lack of luxury

The staff and The memories :)

• Suite with Private Pool

It's a little far to walk to resturants especially in the heat. But you can call the reception for a car to fetch you

Friendly staff. Fab villa with personal plunge pool

• Suite with Private Pool

The room was full of aunts, in the kitchen, bathroom, floor The staff was ringing at the door, morning at 9 am , even that I put the the do not disturb paper at the door.

Very tiring ltime consuming check in ( 1hour 40mins). Leaking bathrooms Water clogged bathroom floors Ac - airconditioning not working

Location property layout or design

• Classic King Room

The 2 Female Filipino staff at the front reception were very unfriendly, not accommodating, and not hospitable. The check in process is lengthy and these two female staff does not give options for obtaining requirements during the check in.

Ambience, breakfast buffet. The male staff at the customer service office was very accommodating and helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The food at Cinnamon leaves much to be desired, if I stay at a 5*resort I expect 5 * food. The food was not fresh, the selection and flavours were very dull. Very few European options, food was mostly tasteless and drinks watered down. Also the buggy situation, upon checkout I waited over 45 mins for a buggy, :( eventually walked to 43 degrees to the reception and was picked up along the way. If the resort is full, invest in more transport options or more staff at peak times.

The room was great, very comfortable bed and views are fantastic. The pools are great and clean, I like the setup of the resort very much.

• Special offer - All Inclusive - Classic King Room

AC in the room was kind of loud, but this is really the only tiny thing I could think of

Very unique hotel with nice little villas by the beach (featuring private pools) and cozy rooms up in the hill most of them with view of the sea. We had all inclusive summer special which really made the stay very relaxing.

• Premium King Room

It was away from the busy cities . It was calm and quiet. We felt relaxed. The place was clean and well managed. The sea view was good from my room which was premium king size.

Rooms & food

We had to change the room in the middle of the night because of an explosion in the water canalization, the water invaded the room. At check-out we have been charged more than what we should pay. In general the rooms do not worth even 4 stars so we are not talking about a 5 stars. the food is medium and so far from 5 stars standards. Will not come back to this hotel again.

• One-Bedroom Villa

room maintenance - AC stopped working in the middle of the night , reported it to the team, no action taken

great place for families and for relaxation

• One-Bedroom Villa

We were in a one bedroom villa which came supplied with two baby cots for my two children. The rooms are dated. The baby cots have seen better days. Upon arriving I found a cockroach the size of a small mouse which led me to be very cautious about other lurking creepy crawlers for the rest of the visit. The balconies have such great potential but are then furnished with plastic table and chairs. We had brunch on the Friday and for every five times we ordered food and drink, one thing got delivered. The kitchen provided is poorly equipped. In general, I think the price isn’t competitive enough for the lack of quality.

The view as you drive to your room/Villa is stunning. The guys that ferry you around with luggage on golf buggies are so helpful and kind! The bed is super comfy. The breakfast was very vast and lots of great options for all tastes.

• Classic King Room

Food quality does not complement the overall experience. We had a breakfast and dinner buffet at Cinnamon, service is good however the food selection needs improvement.

Location is great, the view is amazing.

We got itchy when we used the temperatured pool

Its comfortable, clean and quiet. We are just wondering that every time we will check-out the buggy is hard to book or call

• Suite with Private Pool

The buffet could be lot better and hot (whichever dish needs to be). Having breakfast was bit of a chaos.

Everything is great about the hotel. One of kind get away place in the UAE. Staff is very courteous and helpful.

• Special offer - All Inclusive - Classic King Room

I felt the food wasn’t as spectacular as it was during my previous stay 3 years ago.

The resort’s a paradise tucked away from the hustle & bustle of the cities offering a perfect getaway from your busy life.

I will not say that I didn’t like something, but for UAE resident I will say that it’s quite expensive specially if you are going only for weekends, plus I’ve got room which was more expensive then I booked and on the registration counter they didn’t tell that if I will get room closer to the beach it will be more expensive, if they offer you something they should tell that it’s payment, as I was first time in a trip I payed because I was thinking that it’s price together with the taxes, but after I checked the bill I realized that No room was more expensive!

It’s amazing place for weekends, I enjoyed each moment even that I was alone, you feel yourself totally in a different world.

• Special offer - All Inclusive - Classic King Room

We had to eat at the all-day dining restaurant Cinnamon, since we had taken an all-inclusive package. Only breakfast was good while lunch and dinner were so average that we doubted whether this was a five star hotel. Also, while doing online booking I was promised to be given a complimentary cake since we were there to celebrate our anniversary. But that too never arrived!

It’s location is just perfect. The landscaping is awesome with amazing sea and laguna views from all corners.

• Premium King Room

The first day we wait so long almost 4 pm to have our check in and we arrived at 12 even if the check in was supposed to be at 3pm, finally the reception attendant told us that a room was available at 3:30 but with 2 beds and no the double bed we booked so we told him that better to wait and at the end he offered a late check out it was cool.

The view from our room was beautiful, the transportation from the lobby to the room or anywhere else. The Hotel is really different from what we used to have its like an escape to another country (italia, Greece)

• Special offer - All Inclusive - Classic King Room

Bed a little bigger and more comfortable. Cocktail menu in main restaurant and training in making them

They were amazing. All the staff were so attentive and friendly. We were all inclusive and they catered for my Gluten Intolerance really easily and really excelled in all honesty. I would highly recommend and from someone who isn't easily pleased it says a lot!!! :) @gotogirldubai

• Premium King Room

Staff were over attentive which isn’t really a negative at all. They were good at checking consistently that we were ok which was a definitely a plus.

Arrived at the hotel and got upgraded to a villa which was wonderful and free. The views and atmosphere were amazing.

rooms, service, beach, food, a 2star hotel at best charging 5 star prices,

check in 1 hour wait after 3PM, rooms not 5 star by any standard, beach full of jelly fish. Overall extremely overpriced hotel, bad service, cheap rooms, expensive, will never return.

• Classic Twin Room

There were mosquitoes in our room, a lot of them were hiding in the room. We informed the reception about this. They sent someone to spray the room. When we returned to the room few hours later, there were still quite a lot of them in our room. So we called them. They sent plug in mosquito repellent to our room, which didnt help either. My friend was biten by mosquitoes on her hand and legs and she could not even sleep well. Our friends who were staying in a close by room had no such problem. Our room had not been properly cleaned especially behind the curtains where the mosquitoes were hiding. We complained for the fourth time at the reception the next day and they only said sorry this happened. But did not change our room. I realized that not all hotel rooms had this problem,its just that our wasnt properly cleaned.and this was'nt so difficult to resolve. The manager never came forward to speak to us about the issue as we had complained so many times about it. I would not go back to this hotel or recommend to any friends.my friend came home with several mosquito bites on her body.

The breakfast was really good... Lots of options to choose from.

• Classic King Room

The food: the dinner buffet and room service was not up to expectation Check-in and check-out process: it took long time to check in and ling time to check out. Furthermore thet dedictated the amount twice from my bank account. I m atill waiting for a refund!

The location was amazing!

• Classic King Room

I didn’t like how the prices changed once bill came. I wasn’t given what I was promised. Phone in room didn’t work Shower in room broke as I was showering

• Classic King Room

The staff was disappointing. Repeatedly.... I go very often to resorts just to take a break from work..... I did not like the way we were treated by all the staff, just was below my expectations from Dubai hotel service quality Not worth the money, not worth the time The facility is nice but untrained and non-courteous staff compared to other resorts that I go to

Nice place to have a getaway

• One-Bedroom Villa

The design of some villa and TV its to old the villa was dirty A/C was not working good in the leaving room the pool was dirty tge price expensieve

The location and the beach

• Suite with Private Pool

The pool is not private.. for us muslim people we cant swim while the whole world is watching what i mean is there is no privacy what so ever for us because the people at the beach and at the pool and in the other villas can watch you while your are swimming and for us muslim ladies we cant swim because we cant take our scarf and abaya off so it was waist of our money to book there we thought it was private as there is lets say a wall or something that prevents people from watching therefore full privacy and the water of the pool is not clean which effected my husband and made him have infections....the toilets are not clean and the bathtub and in the kitchen the water heater has smell in it and not clean at all really and the wall is cracked the tv is too small for the amount that we pay .. the quality is poor didnt enjoy my stay at cove rotana didnt reach my expectations thumbs down 👎🏻

Only the bed

• Suite with Private Pool

Duting our stay the AC didnt work well inside the bedroom. there were mosquitos in the room and found greasy marks in the bath tub. however we had experienced this only duting our recent stay. The staff at the front desk is not so good as the previous ones we have met.

Quiet sorroundings, The comfy bed. Ambience is perfect, The view is spectacular. Breakfast is so good. There are many choices of food.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

It should be mentioned when booking that there are no cooking facilities within the villas even though a kitchen is provided, it is not functional, we brought our own food to cook and we were unable to cook it, plus had to request plates and cuttlery from reception

The private pool

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Check in took a lot of time, I waited for about 20 minutes for someone to attend to me. Service to the 2 bedroom villas was a little slow, I asked for some plates and had to wait for about 25 minutes, so I called room service to follow up and ask why it is taking long. The gentleman who I do not wish to name said normally we charge 23dhs for plates, but I didn't charge for you. Firstly I did not ask not to be charged, and just because he did does not give him the right to send me the plates as and when he chooses to. This was a little unexpected from a resort like cove.

This is the second time I am staying at the property, of course it is an amazing experience. The view is great, the beds are very comfortable. Cleanliness is excellent.

• Premium King Room

Theonly thing is the waiters at the cinammon restaurent. Slow service and not professional

The staff at the entire resort r very friendly and professional and they have exceeded our expectations and upgraded our booking to a villa. We had an amazing overall experience

• Deluxe Twin Room

Amazing for relaxing and quiet place to rest , very clean and very friendly staff , the view was so beautiful and the food test is delicious.. excellent resort for families and honeymooners .. strongly recommended

• Deluxe Twin Room

Rooms are small . No option for larger rooms. Low Quality of finishing in rooms. There should be a third pool in the middle

Planting around the property,Nature, weather, location,

• Suite with Private Pool

The F&B is quite limited. For a hotel of this size I would like to see more food options.

Excellent property, awesome views, rooms, beach and overall vibe.

• Suite with Private Pool

our private pool had thousands of dead ants all around the inside of the pool and they did not have temperature control so it was freezing for my 7 month old baby. And the desserts were not very good.

Everything else was great. The service, the staff and the comfy bed!

• Three-Bedroom Villa

I did not like that my room was not clean. The outside where the pool area was, was also quite dirty. The glass balcony doors of the living room weren’t closing or locking and insects were flying in. I was also unhappy with the fact that half the electricity in the rooms weren’t working! Paying for a premium villa, I expect premium quality!

I loved the privacy, the view, and the ambiance. It was extremely peaceful and I like that the hotel took my requests into consideration.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

This place exceeded all out expectations! There are loads of sting rays, crabs and fish swimming around in the lagoon outside the villa. Private pool is fantastic! Loved everything about the resort! Massages and spa are fab!

• Suite with Private Pool

Over priced, trashes 30 minutes to get any simple order even can opener, Private pool is not private at all, no pool heating I paid 1700 for the private pool which I wasn't able to use sure to temperature and they didn't tell me this in advance

Clean

• One-Bedroom Villa

Check in was a bit delayed; but they made us feel very comfortable while waiting. The villa didn’t have any cutlery, microwave or bowls/plates. So if you require some just request housekeeping to send some across.

The villa was perfect. Private and with a lovely view of the sea and sunset. Felt safe even when I walked around alone. The beach was clean and so relaxing as well and the staff were friendly (Liezel was super helpful!)

• Premium King Room

Check in staff not polite/ welcoming Late checkout request not accepted ☹️ Food is above average

Location Beach access It’s a resort , you can spend lot of time inside and relax with pool side Free Upgrade from premium king room to 1 br. Villa

• Suite with Private Pool

I got charged more than the amount I owe and once got charged for the same service twice. Not sure when will I be refunded for the extra amount I am owed

Breakfast was good

• Classic Twin Room

Buffet breakfast was ok but not stellar compared to other buffet experiences. Price was ok for the offerings. When going to the beach we stepped into what we were told was the VIP area for VIPs. It was the first time ever being told that we weren't VIP's and there was no explanation of the area which lead to the beach. Kind of insulting. Jelly fish and stingrays joined us in the beach water.

Staff was very friendly and we were able to get an upgrade to a lovely accommodation. Our villa with a pool was excellent for our family we enjoyed late night dips. The large property is well landscaped and great for walks to the various venues, pools and beach. The infinity pool is temperature controlled with a great view. The Lagoon pool was also very nice for swimming.

• Three-Bedroom Villa

Comfortable bed. Well maintained. Sun umbrellas and sun beds by the pool were brand new. Everything worked. Extremely clean. water and crockery/cutlery were quickly replenished on request. Friendly staff. no one was grumpy. My children loved the breakfast. But very pricey.

• Premium King Room

The ambience was amazing. It gave us very pleasant feeling when roaming around the hotel. The staff was friendly and cooperative. Best thing was that they attended to my special request in short notice. Definitely a place to visit. Ideal place for honeymoon. Also, Breakfast was very nice.

• Classic King Room

one staff came whe we are trying to enjoy the sunset in the beach...just to ask if were checked in the hote?is that proper time to ask?or right place to be ask for?

place was relaxing amazing its like santorini greece love pools specially overlooking the beach

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Check in time so late due to villa availability One room ready after another, no in same time No facilities available in,,, i.e. tissues, tea spoons, plates

Check out time flux able

• Premium King Room

I didinot like the service provided there, it was low as what I expected. I was celebrating my anniversary and I asked for a complimentary arrangement but was bad since the staff gave me the cake on my hand infront of the door instead of arranging the room for the small celebration. Also, when the tissue paper finished normally they have to put a new one but it wasn't provided.

• Classic King Room

The dinner buffet was terrible and not worth the money. Pasta was disappointing and everything else bland. The refrigerator was not working and despite informing the team, no one came by to fix it. Additionally, the bathroom smelt as the water from the shower area did not drain and the water was stagnant.

The buffet breakfast was great not just for the variety but for the actual quality of food.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The light fixture with the plastic dangly bits hanging in front of the AC vent kept clapping together making quite an annoying sound all night for a light sleeper.

The Friday brunch was amazing with many delicious dishes to try from. The bed was so comfortable too.

• Premium Twin Room

The check-in process was a bit frustrating, but at least they were flexible during the check-out.

Mostly, I like the design of the resort. The stuff were also so helpful and friendly.

• Three-Bedroom Villa

The check-in took too long, we had to wait extra for our villa as the A/C had to be fixed. We did however get compensated by getting free breakfast, but we had some other issues which were not dealt with: 1. One person in our group got an injury from one of the rusty nails on the beach chair in the bar. When we spoke to staff they informed us that there is no Dr/Nurse on duty during weekends. We expected at least that someone would ask about this the next morning, but no one contacted us from the hotel. 2. 2 people in our group bought the BBQ + unlimited drinks package which was supposed to be available for 3 hours, but 2.5 hours in to the package we were told that the bar is closing. 3. We were promised a fruit basket for the delays in getting our room but never got one. 4. We had someone ring our door bell at 9am to check our minibar - strange time to check on this and why can't this be done upon check-out or when we require more stocks? 5. Too few buggies at the property. It takes much too long to get the buggy after requesting it.

The property is great and is one-of-a-kind in the UAE. The 3 bedroom villa is amazing and the private pool is not big but good enough for a group. Food options are good and quality of food is also ok.

• Three-Bedroom Villa

needs a lot of renovation, quality has deteriorated and everything looks old. Beds are not comfortable, very low water pressure in showers, bad service, long waiting time for buggies, delay in check-in. Breakfast and display did not look clean.

• Premium King Room

staff were poorly trained at pool bars - 3/4 staff members with only 1 serving the whole time, always had to repeat orders 2/3 times prices of drinks on the non all inclusive package - 28 dhs for a coke rubbish left outside 'executive sea view room' on 2/3 nights stay charged double the price at checkout - took 1 hour to rectify problem with checkout staff with no apology given for hotel error we won't revisit hotel as we left feeling disheartened by our overall experience

I have visited this resort several times and the sea views and location of the hotel are its greatest assets

• Classic King Room

We had no spray bidet in the toilet, I dunno if the same goes with all rooms. The room provided for us was a bit far from the beach and buggy rides were a bit hard to come by. We requested twice on 2 different occasions but we ended up walking on both because we were either too impatient to wait more than 10 mins, or they were just too busy while were there. None the less, we still had a great time.

The place looks exactly like it is in the pictures. Well maintained and very clean! I celebrated my birthday waking up and heading directly to the beach. It was perfect! Everything was picture-worthy. During the day, the views were fun and lively, and at night, it was lovely and so romantic. I would definitely be back here. One of the best resorts I've been to, by far. The view of the hotel's architecture was even more mesmerizing than the view of the beach. I think I took more photos of the hotel than of the beach. It was truly amazing. Good breakfast, consistent with Rotana breakfasts. The staff were superb! So polite, so accommodating and always greets us with a smile.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

The quality of food at Cinnamon restaurant leaves some room for improvement, especially the main courses.

The friendliness of the staff was outstanding.

• Classic King Room

Rotana policy was that you couldn't avail of a 30% discount on upgrading to full board once you'd already checked in, but nobody explained that at check-in, or attempted to make a concession for an existing customer.

All the staff were very attentive, warm, friendly and helpful. One of the cleaners brought a small posy of wild flowers to me while I was sitting in my balcony! The grounds are wonderful - the flowers, birds, and nature are very relaxing. A nice fresh breeze from the sea. I saw an osprey catching a fish in the lagoon!

The size of the room ☹️ very congested.. For what I paid I wasn't expecting this .. The rooms were a big disappointment to me. Plus being in a Muslim country, all the hotels/resorts provide prayer mat.. They didn't have it .. Which was again a disappointment to me. N kids pool was quite far from the rooms we were staying. Everytime we had to call a buggy n go, which always took another 10 minutes waiting. So there should be more pools for kids..

The views are spectacular.. it's scenic.. lovely ambiance

• Premium King Room

There was no ramp to the room, had to carry the stroller up and down of 5-6 steps every time going in/out of the room. More guiding signs can be helpful to find the right direction within the property.

The isolation and calmness