Reviews of Fairmont Dubai 5 stars

Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#107 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Fairmont Gold Room with Lounge Access

Had a bad experience w one of staff; When no tip was given for getting a bucket of ice to my room, the said staff turned a black face and did not even bother to answer when i said thank you. His manager later apologised for the incident. Experience in general with all other staff were good, as most were rather friendly n professional.

--Thanks to Richa, gvn a free upgrade to a jnr suite, n late checkout. --Staff in general were very friendly n made u feel welcomed. --Use of the Gold Lounge was well worth the small additional amt paid. The staff there even know u by name for a more personalised service. Excellent! --The view of the Emirates Tower from my room was good. --Location is very good, with the world trade ctr metro station just right in front of its doorstep. It is relatively close to the airport as well.

• Fairmont King Room

The fact that I had two guests who were refused entry into my room although I had a suite with a living room. The security did not even allow them to give their details or ID with reception for security. They just kept shaking their heads at us. So if you want anyone to visit you, this is not the hotel to stay in.

The suite was very spacious and clean.

• Fairmont King Room

Our best stay in Dubai yet! Each and every staff member at the Fairmont Dubai goes over and above to enhance their guests experience making this hotel a true luxury home away from home. We were staying at the hotel for our 5 year wedding anniversary in a luxurious one bedroom suite and were treated to a bed of roses, personalised photo collage of my husband and I, hand written card for the guest relations staff plus a delicious cake. The rooms were always exceptionally clean and Nancy the rest of the house keeping staff were just wonderful. We enjoyed pampering at the hotel spa plus dinner at the Exchange Grill where we were the only guests and treated like royalty. We will certainly return to the Fairmont Dubai on our next visit.

• Fairmont King Room

I woke up late that day in the afternoon and I had the "do not disturb" sign on my door so I did not have my room cleaned. However after I came back in the evening I found out that my room was taken care of and cleaned! I loved how they had housekeeping available at all times!

• Fairmont View Room

Due to the impending arrival of the Holy month of Ramadan, the restaurant was being converted into a Ramadan tent resulting in the breakfast to be moved to the 33rd floor - the club lounge. Although it was not a major inconvenience, it should have been better to put a board at the old place saying the breakfast is on the 33rd floor.

Excellent breakfast and very good WiFi with good overall facilities

• Fairmont View Room

WIFI was the worst. Extremely slow. Elevators always busy and stairs confusing as these led me to apartments. The doors and woodwork look very outdated.

Staff very friendly and professional. Event lunch very good.

• Fairmont Twin Room

The service was horrible! The staff at breakfast were very rude! I wished it was like what it used to be. It doesnt feel like a Fairmont anymore.

• Fairmont King Room

Some of the staff were incredibly rude, particularly at check-out where they thought it was appropriate to making accusations and treat us as beggars/trespassers instead of having a professional and hospitable discussion to address our concerns. Phrases such as “well the staff may have just being doing you a favor” ( a favor We certainly did not ask for) amongst others have been used. There was nothing royal-like about their Royal Service when we tried to ask for assistance early in the morning. Of the many incidents, at one point we were asked to “step aside and wait until a table was made available for us for breakfast and then forgotten about until we had noticed several residents making their way in even thought hey had arrived after us.

Suitable location, comfortable beds and good dining options.

• Fairmont King Room

Service at the restaurants is very slow and should be improved. Only one person waiting on 6 people! Supposedly the rest of the staff was not available.

Lovely rooms. Great gym. Attentive and helpful staff in In-Room Dining.

• Fairmont View Room

I requested for a non-smoking room but the smell of the room I got was just smoke

Location is great; Metro is just cross the street. DWTC is just cross the street. There are services around it like restaurants, groceries...

• Fairmont King Room

There is nothing to dislike in my opinion.

From my previous experience of Fairmont Hotels there is a real staff culture that sets the Group apart from others. This Hotel did not let that down. From arrival, valet parking through the whole stay staff were fantastic.

• Fairmont Twin Room

No direct access to footbridge (connecting to WTC) - as I was in Dubai for congress, and chose Fairmont because of its location, a direct connection to the air-conditioned footbridge - or even better to WTC, would make it perfect.

Good location, hospitable staffs, standard quality of chain business hotel as expected. Easy. To find taxi. Easy access to Metro station.

• Fairmont View Room

All the staff in the hotel and especially the gold lounge area are excellent, friendly, professional and very attentive. Amazing hotel and will always happily stay here.

• Fairmont View Room

1) There was no option for hard beds 2) Break-fast menu was repetitive 3) Escalator arrangements were off-track and could have been better, esp for high floor dewellers 4) Room lighting options were not up to the mark. 5) Electricity points and mutli-plug chargers were not as per room settings.

Overall atmosphere was very conducive - right from the check-in to check-out. Staff was very friendly and happy to help. Food was good though the break-fast menu was repetitve.

• Fairmont King Room

EVERYTHING !!! Great location, facilities are quite new and the service was amazing. From the door staff to the reception staff to the pool lifeguards who kept us well stocked with fresh towels and complimentary water . The restraunt was top class , food, space and service was amazing . The rooms were beautifully furnished. The en-suite bathroom was spacious with a shower & bath. And the personal touch left in our room by zhi yi made our trip very special . Highly recommend !!

• Fairmont King Room

the sound insulation between the rooms it have to be improved ! the elevator was very slowly but there was many elevators !

i had i great days in this hotel every thing was good , also i want to thank ms NIRMEEN she was very kind and helpful .

• Fairmont King Room

Close to the airport. As my flight was really early in the morning the hotel was kind enough to send breakfast to my room before leaving as breakfast was included in the price but had to leave earlier than breakfast possible.

• Fairmont King Room

For the money I've paid, i expected a much better service. Breakfast was horrible, coffee was horrible, the restaurant and staff didn't do well to serve people in a timely manner. People are smoking everywhere ignoring any restrictions, one russian guy started smoking e-cigarette inside restaurant!!!!

• Fairmont King Room

Price and Egyption staff in the reception make us waiting long time and for others none arabic costumers they did their papers fast even they are came after us. Not clean windows so forget the view even if you pay for view king room like I did.

Cleaning and parking facilities

• Fairmont King Room

Sun loungers at the pool dirty, location not good for holidays (for business yes). Lounge cafe menu prices don’t necessarily match with billed prices

Good service, good bed , turkish bar

Nothing at all..

We checked in at 3pm and at that time, the reception area was busy attending to all the coming guest. Upon giving my booking, the staff named Daria, told me that i might have to wait for an hour and apologized for the inconvenience because they are way busy and that most of the rooms aren’t ready yet..I said ok bcoz we are hungry and needed lunch anyway so we didn’t mind waiting...upon taking our keys, we are thrilled that we have been upgraded to a junior suite and the best room we can ever hoped for. Our room was located on the 29th floor facing the sheik zayed road which has a stunning view both day and night..aside from a big and beautiful room, i particularly loved the bed, the comfiest bed i had in all the hotels i’ve been to. Couldn’t thank her for such a wonderful experience we had for such a short stay...Their staffs are all friendly and helpful too which is a big plus as well...overall i can only say our stay was really a memorable one...

• Fairmont King Room

Very old hotel, no light in the room, half of the equipments in the gym were not working, very small and no available beds by the pool regardless of the time

• Fairmont King Room

Very recommended ! I had the best time in fairmont. The staff are really friendly and helpful , the rooms are very clean and there are many ways to entertain yourself even if you just stayed at the hotel and didn't go out!!

• Fairmont King Room

Extremely ill trained front desk, guest relations and concierge staff... I had one box of 10 kgs that I have to give to my friend living in Dubai...I carried it down to lobby by my self to guest services and requested them to keep it with for 10 minutes as the friend was supposed to come and pick it up . This Staff of Fairmont rather taken the box from my hand, showed me the way to the concierge and submit my box there... there were no body at conciarge I waited for more than 5 minutes to see someone at conceirge, once she came she said I dont have space to carry a box weighing less than 10 kgs... then she called at guest relations to explain and ask me to carry this box again to guest relations...during their discussion I was being pigpong ball, one throwing me to other's court needless to state during this whole time I was carrying the box with me. this is just s one incident which I have mentioned here there were several others. To cut it short I felt Fairmont is not the same Fairmont it used to be ... in last 4 days that I have spend in Fairmont was my worst experience in any hotel that I have stayed till date

• One-Bedroom Suite

I stayed in this hotel before, however something happened while the hotel staff helped me with my luggage from my room to the car, one large bag of mine mysteriously disappeared! Somehow the security staff were able to bring it back.

Good Location Amenities provided

• Fairmont Gold Room with Lounge Access

Valet take about 15-20 minutes to bring car to front door (not a big deal because I usually call reception to bring my car)

Clean, friendly staff, beautiful furnature and design, location

• Fairmont Twin Room

The beds in the twin rooms were on the small side. The guest suite washrooms could use a design refresh. I am an interior designer and work on Fairmont properties so I notice these details much more than the average person. Most would be very satisfied.

Staff was absolutely incredible. Everyone from the doorman to the concierge and the cleaning staff were extremely gracious, responsive and kind. The general manager should be very proud of his / her team. Very good amenities on the property. Wonderful pool, spa, salon and restaurants. Centrally located.

See above comment

There was no airport shuttle Transportation with the limousine service was varied you know it was shared between the driver and helpers was going on because it has to be cash 💰

Everything.

A very impressive group of staff. Phil the manager of the restaurant a wonderful and impressive Canadian dude. The technical support, the bell staff and front desk represent five star ratings. I will return

• Fairmont King Room

John, the Egyptian check in gentleman isn't at all customer oriented and very pushy with his remarks. Because of staff like him I won't be coming back again to this hotel even though I am a weekly visitor. You can do better than this

• Fairmont King Room

Restaurant small &croowded breakfast limited variety When I wanted to extend my stay reception increased the rate claiming there is exhibition I made my booking through booking with the same rate I had Also during check out employee ask for 900 Dirhem for laundry I told him to check again then he made call and told me it is mistake and adjust cost to 190 dirhem

• Fairmont View Room

I didn’t expect a luxurious name like fairmont would have such a basic room. If i was looking for a normal hotel, i would have found a room like that in any other cheap hotel, it would be the same with less money. Im so disappointed.

• Fairmont Twin Room

The tv was not working for 5 nights and they didnt fix it nor did they compensate for the nights that i didnt recieve the most basic facileties in any hotel

• Fairmont Gold Room with Lounge Access

I hate the breakfast in the metal tins with one little heater underneath as the food is never hot enough for me. But that's personal preference I just have cooked omelette.

The hotel was excellent you really couldn't fault anything.

• Fairmont Twin Room

Providing breakfast at no additional charge would have been perfect. Compensation for any unmet needs or unfortunate situations would have been appreciated.

I found the staff very friendly and attentive. The hotel was very clean, and provided a large soaker tub in the bathroom. When I requested anything from the front desk my needs were met promptly!

• Fairmont King Room

We expect better breakfast quality from Fairmount.

We appreciate alot the cake and roses prepared by Fairmont for our wedding anniversary weekend getaway there.

• Fairmont King Room

breakfast can have more option , currently less variety compare to other luxury hotels

Found bit miscommunication at the reception desk but later went fine and same happened during during checkout time too but the manager helped us

• Fairmont Gold one Bedroom Suite with Lounge Access

Noise coming from the street - difficult to sleep.

Nice hotel perfect for business trip not really for families. Very helpful staff. Breakfast was OK in lounge not really good downstairs in main restaurant. Very comfortable bed. Location is nice but the main street is really close and busy all the time.

• Fairmont King Room

Very nice view from hotel room. Excellent room service, the staff are extremely pleasant, professional and helpful, all of them makes you feel comfortable. I will surely recommend the place to others.

• Fairmont King Room

- bathroom cleaning even though I called them one time to clean it but unfortunately they didn't clean it very well - they took my towel to laundry without asking - the hotel entrance in the night is not good at all if you are coming with your family - the parking is very far

Quick response Very cooperative Easy and fast check in and out Good valet service

• Fairmont Gold Room with Lounge Access

The rooms were very large with comformable beds and pillows. We stayed in club level room which had great service and food. Very attentive personnel at the club lounge, delicious food and nice view!

• Fairmont King Room

We found the room a little noisy.

The service was amazing and nothing was too much trouble. The staff went above and beyond. one of our friends was not well during dinner at the exchange grill with bad reflux and could not eat. A member of staff actually left to go and buy gaviscon for her and then they checked she was ok all through our meal! amazing. I let them know about my food allergies in advance and all my need were accomodated .

• Fairmont Gold Room with Lounge Access

I booked a Gold room and I was a bit disappointed by the view and size of the room: the Gold service does not imply a Gold room. I have not really felt the added value of the multiple services that come with this add-on...

The hotel, the building, the whole feeling of the establishment is really nice. Rooms are clean, staff is trying its best, views are impressive in some of the rooms.

Nothing. Perfect holiday

The location. The staff. The cleanliness. The rooms. Soft pillows. Fresh food and professionalism. Many thanks to Mohammed Elhellw for sorting out our check in so efficiently. Ashraff Ata for welcoming us early in the morning and Bhim Paudel for the meet and greet. You people were all awesome. Sheena at the Lobby Lounge keep smiling and we will be back for the chicken wings!! Asanteni sana. Highly recommended.

We upgraded to the Fairmont Gold room in order to include breakfast, however the twin room was actually quite small. Even though we were on the 30th floor, you could still hear a lot of the traffic from the busy main road and had to sleep with ear plugs. Beds were sagging in the middle and pillows had no support, becoming flat as soon as you put tour head on them. Breakfast was quite chaotic every day, often having to wait for tables, and then food items. We tried to have breakfast in the Club lounge but that was even more chaos, often having to wait for simple items like cutlery. Service was quite hit and miss. The staff try but they seem understaffed for the number of guests. Overall for the amount of money I paid, this hotel did not seem like good value.

Staff were pleasant and friendly and tried to be accommodating. Hotel was extremely clean with lots of facilities like health club and spa. The doormen were especially helpful at getting taxis for us.

• Fairmont King Room

the staff welcome and services are excellent. my kids loved the receptionist Hassan. the bed is too comfort and food is delicious. attractive decoration and glooming hygiene

• Standard Two-Bedroom Suite

We loved everything about this hotel!Most of all we want to thank the staff for being so caring and going out of their way to help us!Thank you for the call prior to our arrival to make sure everything will be in place as we arrived at 2am!! And thank you for the upgrade-it meant the world to my family !!We'll be back!

Amazing facilities, clean and wonderful staff who go out of their way to help!

• Fairmont Gold Room with Lounge Access

Housekeeping was sometimes a little haphazard e.g. occasionally forgot to leave a hand towel, conditioner, milk for tea and coffee etc. However, when informed about these kind of things, they were remedied very quickly.

Excellent gym with first rate equipment and lots of it. Sunrise and sunset swimming pools. We had a Fairmont Gold room and access to the Gold Lounge. Excellent service no matter how busy the staff were and a very good range of breakfast goodies, afternoon tea,evening canapes and alcohol. Definitely worth paying the extra for access to this lounge. Also, excellent location right next to a metro station, close to major malls, ten minutes drive from airport.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The staff are very rude and poor service they have my language to the wrong room one of the days they didn't let my women freind come see me in my room you can't your freinds coming into visit you this hotel is a joke.

• Fairmont King Room

The lifts took too long which I understand has nothing to do with the hotel.

I liked the fact that they were able to accommodate me when I arrived real early before check in and I really appreciated that.

• Fairmont King Room

The room did not have a great view, and was smaller than in the photos. Not enough lighting in the room as well.

Clean hotel with excellent location with access to shops some of which are open 24 hours

• Fairmont King Room

Only think which disappointed me was the spa service which was written free but eventually i discovered it wasnt. I guess this needs to be updated in the facilities section to avoid confusion.

Luxury and cleanliness was most prominent. Staff was commendable..Always smiling and happy to help attitude of the entire staff and security gets my heads up. I will not hesitate in recommending Fairmont to others.

• Fairmont View Room

Old furniture Reached hotel early by 12:30 but could not checked in before 3 pm due to busy hotel. Did not called us immediately once ready. Food at cascade restaurant is below expectation

Clean room Nice location at Shaikh Zayed Road Old hotel 2002 but well maintained Varieties Channels Quick Service Valet parking

• Fairmont King Room

breakfast was not as good as before. the bathrooms are not as good as before. they looked very old.

perfect location for exhibitions and meetings in the center.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Suite

- the valet service is very slow and might be easier to go and take the car yourself from the main parking.

- the reception checked me in very early considering our early morning flight to Dubai which rarely other hotels will do! - the staff treatment on everything requested was exceptional. - location of the hotel is central to everything.

• Fairmont King Room

I didn't quite like the toiletries set.. but that's just my personal taste. It could have been a better scented one I would have presumed.

The rooms and toilets were quite spacious..

• Fairmont King Room

i have already paid for the room charges but at the time of checked in your Receptionist told me for the mini bar security amount. He deducted it at the same time but still not revert yet.

i like everything your staff is so friendly cooperative food were good. cleanness was excellent. location was good.

Overall helpful professional attitude

STAFF WERE VERY VERY GOOD, HIGHLY ATTENTIVE, STAFF IN Fairmount Gold are credit to the hotel their service and attitude were very welcoming and made our visit highly enjoyable.well done Fairmount

• Fairmont King Room

I've been to so many hotels more like hundreds. Nothing special about this hotel just a basic 5 stars hotel. I've seen 4 stars hotel much better than this. Plus it's very old like REALLY old and boring. Also an Egyptian guy from front desk his name is "Mohamed" wasn't really helpful when i asked him about my reservation he didn't even bother himself to check the system his answer was "if u booked it through booking it will take minimum 6 hours to show up". if that is true i will think twice before doing any reservation through booking again. booking should investigate that cuz it is effecting u. i thought the above issues were major till i spoke with the manager named "Mark" OMG he is the MAJOR issue. after talking to him i knew where the lack of professionalism and work ethics is coming from. He tried to throw the blame on booking about some misunderstanding but i know the rules and i faced him then the ignorance started to come out of him. No wonder why his staff is unprofessional. he was talking to me in English while he is arab and my name my accent and my nationality obviously shows that i am arab. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. pay little extra in a better hotel and avoid the headache.

• Fairmont King Room

Service, room comfort, drinks and food all superb. We accidentally left a wallet in the bathroom before we checked out and the concierge arranged for delivery to the airport. Fabulous hotel.

• Fairmont View Room

The check in took long time. The breakfast need to has more options and changeable. I am sure the hotel management can solve these minor issues.

The staff is amazing. Every one is smiling and helpful. You will feel you are the owner of the hotel. The hotel is very clean and near to the most attractive locations in Dubai. It was remarkable and memorable stay at this hotel. I will come back again. I recommend everyone one to try and enjoy this hotel.

• Fairmont Twin Room

Smell of foyer was horrendous Breakfast dull and never seemed fresh for some reason Service disorganised throughout Pools very poor

Comfy beds Large rooms Location

• Fairmont King Room

The king size bed is very comfortable and very large. The view from the hotel over looking Sheik Zayed road is great. Good location, close to the metro. Ideal for visiting the DWTC. Plenty of good restaurant and bar options in the hotel.

• Fairmont King Room

1. Had to renegotiate deal on arrival as couldnt get smoking room with Booking.com package although hotel was under capacity - smoking room available as soon as we paid double the fee. 2. House keeping - never cleaned the room unless numerous phone calls to tidy up.

• Fairmont Twin Room

The bed comforter was too thin and the room furniture looked very old and needed to be renovated badly . The pool water was cold when we arrived until some time later the heating was increased .

Breakfast buffet was great

• Fairmont King Room

Two pools one open in the morning another open in the afternoon, we would have preferred both open all day to give choice

Staff were exceptionallly helpful

• Standard Two-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast was poor. Buffet was not replenished, service was slow and the selection was meagre. Not in line with other 5* hotels in the area. Shame.

Very spacious and luxurious apartment. Immaculate.

• Fairmont Gold one Bedroom Suite with Lounge Access

Very slow in installing the bed for one of the children. Organisation not at the level of a luxury hotel.

Excellent hotel, fantastic location very good rooms.Excellent executive floor. Very close to everything in Dubai. We will come back.

• Fairmont King Room

The pool area gets really busy. It's small so may not have enough space for all. The beach to which the shuttle is provided has no facilities/ umbrellas etc.

We went to Turkish restaurant on 9th floor. The food was amazing. It is open seating around the pool. The tables are low, not your formal dining style, but the food was excellent. Would highly recommend it. The hotel is close to the airport and Dubai mall. A bit of a drive to Jumeira. Quite close to Deira but took almost an hour with the traffic. The room was comfortable, the bed was comfortable. Tea/ coffee in the room. Very fast room service. Staff is very nice and knowledgeable. Didn't seem to be flexible with checking out. Depending on where your room is you may experience notice from downstairs nightclub!

• Fairmont Gold Room with Lounge Access

The rooms / hotel need to be modernised for the high price you pay compared to other hotels avalaibe to stay in Dubai .

The rooms a good size and clean, bed comfortable as are pillows. The Gold Club very high quality of service.

• Fairmont View Room

Friendly, helpful and professional staff. Nice facilities and very well communicated. The Metro station and Dubai World Trade Centre are just on the opposite side of Sheikh Zayed Road, conveniently accessible via a covered, air-conditioned bridge.

• Fairmont King Room

At night the surrounding area is not suitable for families due to the existing of cavalli night club

Location as it is very near to world trade center, Facilities, Cleanliness, Comfort

• Fairmont Twin Room

Spacious rooms with friendly staff. The location is perfect for Gitex visitors because it is just a across the street and you can go there walking. I also liked the two swimming pools (sunrise and sunset).

• Fairmont View Room

Traffic after collecting my car, the valet will advise that you collect your car from the bank of the property, don't accept, give the key and go relax in the lobby have a coffee instead of being in the car for two hours just to bring it in front.

Everything, very convenient for Gitex.

• Fairmont View Room

often spending the night here in between flights, just to get pampered at the SPA: ask for Alexis, best masseur ever. a must do any time I am in the Middle East for me

Browse Fairmont Dubai traveller photo gallery