View vacation packages to

2. UAE hotel reviews
  3. Abu Dhabi Emirate hotel reviews
  4. Madīnat Zāyid hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Western Hotel - Madinat Zayed

Reviews of Western Hotel - Madinat Zayed This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

PO BOX 28465, Madīnat Zāyid, United Arab Emirates

#2 of 2 hotels in Madīnat Zāyid

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

The staff are nice and accommodating.
    • Standard Twin Room

The noise at the hallway because of the kids shouting and playing. In which parents are not bothered telling their children. The bathroom is quite small.

The staff are nice and accommodating. The bed and pillows are good.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

They did not allow us to access the pool even though no one...
    • Superior Room with Balcony

They did not allow us to access the pool even though no one is using it, we are just trying to enjoy and complete the experience of this hotel with my friends. And you want us to pay 100aed each person who did not include from the stay of our room (my visitors). It was confusing and annoying because i remembered lst year november same scenario you allowed the guests and their visitors to access the pool without adding to pay anything.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

Very clean and the personnel is very helpful and friendly
    • Standard Twin Room

sometimes it took ages until the waiter come to our table at the swimming pool to take our order.

Very clean and the personnel is very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: March 24, 2019

Just say no
    • Superior Room with Balcony

First room they took us to had been smoked in - heavily. Supposed to be a non-smoking room. Then they took us to another room where bathroom amenities had been partially used an never replaced. Also, in room advertising was old and had become moldy and bent with moisture. As we looked through it, it advertised restaurants and amenities that were not available. They advertised cocktails by the pool, so we planned our day to return and enjoy that option at sunset. We found that only mocktails were available. (That is fine, but advertise that - not the other - so people don't make plans.) The original smoky room was rented out to somebody else. Turns out they just doused it with perfume. We could smell it next door! I do NOT recommend this place. We checked out and spent our second night at another property down the road. MUCH better.

I enjoyed a great massage on our arrival night, and our breakfast waiter was fantastic..

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

Great Rooms, Good facilities.
    • Standard Twin Room

Service of restaurant staff could be improved. We didn’t get any sort of service from the f&b team and ultimately we just went outside the hotel to eat

Great Rooms, Good facilities..

• Reviewed: March 9, 2019

The buffet a the restaurant was very good at night.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was less good than dinner. Tea and coffee were really not good and the pastries were old. Some people from staff were very nice but other were almost rude to us. They left us on a common room (pingpong table, babyfoot) with no light and he almost refuses to give enough balls to play while we were a family of 6 (3 kids).

The buffet a the restaurant was very good at night.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

I called them and toled them not to deduct from my card and...

I called them and toled them not to deduct from my card and that I am on the way yet they still charged my card disappointing they did not respect my request.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2019

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Bathrooms require some attention. Cracked basins and baths. The one bathroom had a shower shield missing and the connection to the bathtub was broken out. It was not filled or replaced. Hotel lighting in the walkways need to brightened as these are not at the bedrooms. Likewise the bedroom lighting also requires attention as it was too dim for in room dining. The menu could be given some attention at the cinnamon restaurant as the buffet meal seems to be overpriced.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Pool was clean and well maintained. Kids enjoyed it. Beds were comfortable and very clean. Rooms were well spaced.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

Comfortable and all the facilities you would expect
    • Standard Twin Room

Service was a little slow in the restaurant, then they brought me the wrong meal and finally they charged me for a drink I never received....

Comfortable and all the facilities you would expect

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

Bed good, cussions great.
    • Deluxe Room with Pool View

Although the staff is very friendly service is extremely slow. Wait time on everything. Room service coffee was great but comp coffee is terrible.

Bed good, cussions great. Rooms are nice. Nice big bath towels Food is good and freshly made although very limited but perhaps that's a good thing.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

*Kind, smily and supportive staff.
    • Premier Room with Pool Access

*The kids swing and slide set was under maintenance. *The swimming pool start time should be before 7 A.M. and can be closed earliest than 9 P.M.

*Kind, smily and supportive staff. *Nice welcome with free cold juice. *Very early check in. *It is clean and have a nice location in the western region. *The swimming pool with its amazing lighting at night. *The kids pool is just 2 ft which fit for all the kids age. *The foot variety. *Very fast room Service which is faster than any other hotels I visited before.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

The room is quite nice.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room smells like cigarette and it sticks to the furniture as well as the beddings.

The room is quite nice. We were impress with the setting and the size. The staff were very accomodating and provided what wew have requested immediately.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Out of two hotels around, this is second best
    • Standard Twin Room

Old looking food at breakfast. Food needs to be better covered, so it does not get dry, such as humus and sliced items. No alcohol in the hotel. No service at the pool, you need to chase somebody for a juice. At 5am I woke up because of several gunshot-like room door closings. There is nothing in the town to see. There was no view from the room and I did not get another one during the 3 days. The hotel is in the town, no desert dunes nearby.

Good gym facing the pool area. Very nice majid tent and good food for good price there. Good wifi. Nice pool.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

In General its a good hotel and its nice, quite and very friendly staff.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing major, but in the shower it was difficult to adjust the water temperature, it kept changing from cold to too hot while taking the shower. The housekeeping need to pay more attention to small details, for example they did not replace the empty shampoo container, and the coffee mug was not washed. also there was some sand at the entrance of the room inside which was not swept.

The Hotel is nice and quite, the staff are very friendly and willing to help. The pool is very nice

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

The stay was very comfortable and Liked the privacy we wanted in our stay.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

What I dint like was the sound, noises happening in another room could be loud and heard in our room. This is not the music happening outdoors. And if there was an extra set of the toiletries and shampoo, shower gel or conditioner. Since we were two in a room.

It’s was a one night stay and I will to sum in one word would be - it was Superb. From the reception, room, bed, basics amenities. The best was the food. Thumbs up to the in house food 😊

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Staff very friendly and supportive
    • Standard Twin Room

There are rooms without windows Basic rooms are small

Staff very friendly and supportive Rooms near the pool with directly access Great environment at night time (lights, music) Breakfast with a great variety

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Highly recommended for stays in or near MBZ
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel layout is a little confusing. It would be nice to place clear signs indicating the exit or reception location in the corridors.

Customer service was very hospitable. They provided a free room upgrade and were quick to resolve any issues.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

The hotel was very accommadating to all my needs.
    • Standard Twin Room

Need a little more of a variety for breakfast. I would wish they had different types of mattress though. I love soft mattress and would have made quite a difference in my sleep.

I like the friendliness of the whole staff. Always someone around the hotel to help in anyway possible. My room was always cleaned and organized when I returned from work. I really did enjoy my stay.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Quite / only 30 min to the work location / friendly...
    • Superior Room with Balcony

The price can be adjusted to customer coming regularly to the hotel

Quite / only 30 min to the work location / friendly staff / food services great

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

I reached the hotel at 3.
    • Standard Twin Room

I reached the hotel at 3.00 am . Only one trainee staff in the reception . Unfriendly at all . He force me to pay extra fees ( commission ) for booking.com . I told him the email I got from booking.com confirm that I should not pay for that . I told give me photo copy from the bill details. He refuse. Simply he said if u want to cancel the booking , U can cancel and go. And unfortunately it was 3.00 am when I reached the hotel and no time to go to another place

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Pleasant stay with minor hiccups.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

Children’s noise and lack of fresh milk at breakfast time. Instead we had to use longlife milk.

Efficient checking in and out. Nice and friendly environment and clean room.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Family Best Choice, Amazing Staff
    • Premier Room with Pool Access

Location: is 80 km away from Liwa, You will not see the sand dunes from your room. it will take one hour to reach Moreeb Dune and 1 hour 15 minutes to Qasr A-Sarab resort. Activities: There was no cycling available. Dune Bashing is out-sourced and overpriced.

Reception: Very quick and easy. Welcoming Staff. Room: Clean & Tidy, Exactly Similar to the photos, Bed: Clean and Comfortable. Bathroom: Clean floors and Facilities, Clean white towels. All accessories were available in good quantity. Access to the Pool from the room: very nice feature. AC was working perfectly. Room Service: Very fast response, very polite and kind people. Wi-fi was very fast and efficient Food: Breakfast was nice, standard for 4-star hotel. Staff was polite and helpful. Dinner was amazing (at the pool), 12 main course dishes and 14 types of salads and appetizers, very nice staff as well. Swimming Pool: very clean, well serviced (temperature controlled), children area, many activities like water volleyball. Check-out: late check-out at 3:00 PM. Location is good (in the middle of Madinat Zayed City) Middle-Eastern Friendly Ambient Best choice for Family Getaways Special offers for horse riding and shooting activities.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Good hotel if you're in the area.

Price.

There's not much choice in this area of Abu Dhabi. In the past we've stayed at the Liwa Hotel, in Liwa, but felt the quality had deteriorated greatly by the time of our last stay, so we decided to try this hotel. Food is ok, nothing exceptional. The hotel is overpriced for what it offers, but has so little competition that they probably feel they can charge whatever they want.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

A good stay nothing special
    • Deluxe Room with Pool View

1 - didn't like the smell of the kitchen when you enter the hotel ( buffet is next to entrance) 2- didnt like how some of the staff are rude answering customers 3-didnt like that (in room dining) takes long time to bring the food 4-poor food menu needs updating

1-it was comfortable stay 2-family friendly 3-Great wi-fi connection and swimming pool

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Nice hotel in a countryside of Abu Dhabi not far from beautiful Liwa dunes.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

The bathroom were really stinking and the smell from the tubes was awful.

The location of the hotel is quite convenient for those who would like to explore Liwa dunes. It's 40minutes of drive from Tal Moreeb the highest dune in the world.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Second time aorund, second time disappointed
    • Standard Twin Room

Second time staying and second time I was overwhelmed with annoying things. One is the 20% of tax and fees, which is announced on booking.com clearly but let this review give you that notice in advance. 20% is a lot and would be enough to have me book a room somewhere else. Then I was given a room.. with people in it! In 10 years of traveling across the World, this has never happen to me! The staff was apologetic but still, lack of organization and care.

Wifi worked like a charm. The rooms felt comfortable and updated, the bed is good and there is a great TV in the room.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Good place to stay on the way to Liwa
    • Standard Twin Room

I enjoyed a good lunch outside at the pool, but a hundred flies had the same idea unfortunately.

Nice and clean rooms. Nice interior design. I was upgraded to a VIP whatever suite, that was great thanks!

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

I paid to much !
    • Standard Twin Room

very very very expensive compared to the quality, the rooms are very small with no view ( view on a garage!!!!), with the price I paid I was expecting a much more qualitative hotel! I would never come back because of the price

clean

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Not satisfied and the prices are unreasonable for a normal quality hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

It took them alot of time to do the check in. In the very morning it was really noisy and couldn't sleep will. The bathroom is very small and little water and the shower water one second it's very hot and one second it's very cold.

Nothing new

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

Overpriced and not very welcoming
    • Standard Twin Room

Lady at check-in wasn't very welcoming. She wasn't rude but just not very warm. Also, they make you leave a deposit of 200 AED (extra to room rate) or a total of 600 AED that covers the room rate and you get the difference on check-out. For us, the difference was 153 AED that we should have gotten at check out and they only gave me 150 AED back so in the process they kept 3 DHR. I wasn't going to make a fuzz about 3 DHRS but I didn't feel like it was professional of them. I have stayed at many hotels in the UAE, namely in Abu Dhabi and some in Dubai. We thought that this hotel is overpriced.

The room was comfortable, clean and our stay was uneventful. We only stayed for one night and can't really say I experienced the facilities to it's fullest

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Calm and small
    • Standard Twin Room

the AC was little noisy at full and low speed the view of the room was (NOTHING) only an area between room (like storing area) (Picture Attached)

Calm and small

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Advice to stay with them and try their friendly service and comfortable room
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel's staff care, swimming pool, foodstuff and shisha with their service.(almost everything from them and in this hotel was an awesome and great as any visitors wants),and also I don't forgot friendly manager's care and his invitation.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2017

A comfy week.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

The room was dark above the bed, I was unable to read in bed. Same music played on a 20minute cycle by the pool area for the entire week. Our room backed onto the pool area and I could hear the same music all the time.

Large room and nice food for dinner. Staff were very friendly and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Nice Place to chill...with family and friends
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast could be better. Only 1 choice of eggs at the buffet. They should have a live station for eggs only.

Everything. The pool side was awesome with good music.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

Very comfy and refreshing.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

Pool tiles quite disturbing..my hubby got small cut on his right big toe because of the broken tiles in the pool at adult area. Actually, the broken tiles are visible in the entire pool of both adult and kiddie area.

Very comfy and refreshing.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Great stay
    • Deluxe Room with Pool View

Food can be better but it's the best thing available

It's convenient rooms are spacious the staff are friendly and it's the best Hotel in the area

• Reviewed: June 18, 2019

Reception give me free upgrade room cause my room having...
    • Standard Twin Room

Reception give me free upgrade room cause my room having smoke ciggaret

• Reviewed: June 18, 2019

Everything is was good

Everything is was good

• Reviewed: June 17, 2019

Clean room
    • Deluxe Room with Pool View

The elevator hot and small

Clean room stuff friendly

• Reviewed: June 9, 2019

Nil
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff very helpful and the hotel location nearby everything.

Nil

• Reviewed: June 7, 2019

Room size
    • Standard Twin Room

Room location near swimming pool very noisy In room dining

Room size

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

• Standard Twin Room

Good

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 19, 2019

A good restful start to our move to the area
    • Standard Twin Room

The food was not great and too cold

The bed is very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

Expensive but very comfortable

All good

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

house keeping was poor as dirty plates were at corridor for...
    • Standard Twin Room

house keeping was poor as dirty plates were at corridor for 48 hrs and reception staff was not friendly

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast menu .. very poor and some food was not fresh.

Staff, comfort, rooms and location

• Reviewed: March 2, 2019

Awesome!
    • Standard Twin Room

Provided a babycot without any hassles.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

Very good
    • Standard Twin Room

Pressure of the shower is ok but it can be more strong

Nice and clean

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

Facilities

Facilities

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Fresh juice served on arrival

Fresh juice served on arrival A very nice and welcoming staff Everything 🖤🖤🖤

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

the room lighting and fonctionalities

the room lighting and fonctionalities

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

The Staff and property is really good & the Swimming...

The Staff and property is really good & the Swimming Pool view is really Nice

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Spacious room and compliments

Spacious room and compliments

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Great poolside rooms
    • Premier Room with Pool Access

The kids loved the pool and the lifeguards were attentive to the people who were in the pool.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

it was very clean and the AC very good

it was very clean and the AC very good

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

The stay overall was good
    • Standard Twin Room

Not too happy with the breakfast. Limited options for vegetarians.

The bed was quite comfortable and the pool area was well kept.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

All

Very good

All

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

There is no activities around.
    • Standard Twin Room

There is no activities around.. And no pool bar... Even no inside bar facilities... No indoor pool

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Hotel excellent.

Hotel excellent.. Price was good. Breakfast good

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

The breakfast level has deteriorated since my previous...
    • Standard Twin Room

The breakfast level has deteriorated since my previous visits and there is no diversity

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

🙏🏻every thing thanks a lot

🙏🏻every thing thanks a lot

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

good
    • Standard Twin Room

there is no shaded area to park my car specially with this hot weather

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Good stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Nice place ,value of money is very good Over all very good standards ,it has swimming pool but I’d didn’t try it

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Location of the hotel & worth of money

Staff uncooperative

Location of the hotel & worth of money

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Good hope it will repeat again

No. every thing was OK

prayer area available space

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

I really like the price of rooms also their food it was...
    • Standard Twin Room

I really like the price of rooms also their food it was testy and nice , staffs helpfully and i give 7.5/10

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

nice comfy stay
    • Standard Twin Room

washroom was craped and poorly designed

bed was comfy and room was quiet

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They upgraded my room for free and gave me late checkout.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

• Standard Twin Room

I don’t like the staf very bad

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018