Reviews of York International Hotel 3 stars

5.2

5.5

5.7

5.6

Smell of the room, no control for the shower, somebody did vacuum in the middle of the night at the other room. In the morning at 8am, we’re still sleeping somebody wants to open the door connected in our room. And we really disturbed on that time that makes us woke up. And the breakfast it was in the package but when we asked in reception she said it doesn’t include.

Near the metro station and affordable, staff are all friendly. Specially the Man in the Bar( Pakistani), his nice and friendly.

I think they should teach thier employees how to deal with the visitors They made me feel like my stay is free because of the way they treated me Two of the boys employees are liers And they have one lady she is very disrespectful The bathroom was leaking from the top I told them about it and they didn't take action until the next day Few hours later It was leaking again

Location and price

1. No argument 2. Checkin time 5pm 3. Forced for checkout 4. Checking confirmation received from booking unfortunately room was not ready on Same time 5. Staff don't know who to deal with gust 6. All the time water was hot 8n hotel. 7. Hotel not deserve to be 3 star

Only disco

1- first surprise was the parking - guests actually have to park outside the hotel then 10 minutes walking in the heat to reach the reception and rooms - at the reception they promised golf cars to take us up and down to the parking - golf cars were never found, only 1 car serving all guests and luggage, the second car was always connected to charger. 2- as simple as it is, you would expect shower gel and shampoo in your room - we didn't get these - had to call the front desk twice, they promised they would send immediately, but never happened - had to shout at the reception to get such simple request done. 3- lots of employees running around but everything still seem to take ages - needed to wait and hour and remind them twice to get pizza - 45 minutes and twice reminding them to get coffee . 4- booking included breakfast and dinner buffets - food was disappointing for 5 starts hotel.

3 large beautiful pools

I booking time already getting money by card 97.85 Jun 5 checking time reception guy asking money 98 dh that time I pay 98 dh after day Second time geting money 97.85 By Card your account people Because I'm booking room only one day your people taking 3time my money please help me

Room

Very bad experience .dirty walls old furniture etc just location is good .dirty room as I saw so many cockroaches in the room or i hanged cloth in the cupboard and later I have find so many cockroaches in the cloths .staff not cooperated completely they are playing with mobiles on reception no security as well . Not good service at all

The airconditioning is so cold and cant be adjusted even you lower it down. The lightings you have no option but have the yellow dim color like for horror old movie. The room is looking old and classic and you get scared that u get to hear open close of doors outside and walking around in the corridor. Corridor light is so dim and most specially their room cards doesnt work and u have to ask reception to open it for you. 1 more complaint. One night hotel attendant knocked in my room i didnt open as i didnt call anybody as im about do sleep. I didnt respond so what the attendant did is try to open the door. If u are to book this hotel think again. Very uncomfortable as any moment u loose privacy. I booked two days i paid 2 days but i checked out after a day as the cleaner kept coming back in the room knocking if i will be checking out.

Bad service and staff, after I booked in booking.com it says confirmed then when i arrived at the location, they said it's not confirmed. I just book 3hrs ago

YORK CHARGED ME TWICE. 1. AT THE TIME OF BOOKING 2. AT THE RECEPTION. Despite, complaining to booking.com, York, emails, calls no one is addressing. PLEASE CAUTIOUS WHILE PAYMENT.

Near to metro free entrance to York club

The ac not working.. And reception staff and almost every staff was rude and unpolite. Even after complaining ac not working twice no response.

Room was good big enough

FO guy Arshad (I think that's his name Pakistani) he was so rude. Not even approachable at all. IRD old guy is very nice.

Only the accessible to the metro

Bathrooms requires renovation (leaking plumbing). Slippers, ironing facility are not provided. Power plug points not in good condition.

Proximity to the Metro station

Room key should always be programmed and given to guests. I room safe should always work.

Room key was not programmed. When I went for dinner and upon return found the room key not working again and had to again go back to reception. They sent bellboy who helped with his master key. Secondly, the room safe was locked. Upon informing reception, was informed they will Inform Maintenance who will fix it but I have to wait. The services are poor except cleanliness. Hotel location is good with restaurant's nearby.

One think is that we stay 3 night there we donot get your room key I donot why ...need flow on the that about room key it is so difficultly for me with key

Staff was very good and friendly I forget that hk guy he give is very good service

no breakfast , despite paying for it

i have paid charges with break fast , but there was no breakfast available , staff was rude and informed that they dont have breakfast update in there system i have to go out in search of breakfast my breakfast charges should be refunded ??

Full service I don't like it

We don't like anything their room was to much dirty even night shift reception staff's are very poor they don't know how to treat with guest their some Pakistani in reception really very upset with services room check-in take time more then 1 hour's am with my wife it's to disaster to waiting that much Long time just only 1 room check-in

Reception, Reservation staff.. not one progfessional

This is unprofessional Restaurant. Reception has no care about their guests. On Arriaval, I had bad experience, even check in time was 12 noon, the hotel handed over the keys at 2.45 PM. They have no reservation staff available for resolving any grivances. My room was included with Breakfast, however, this hotel does not serve any breakfast. They even did not refund my money as breakfast was not served. Reception is very rude and arrogant. This is very bad hotel... not recommended for any genuine guests.

Very very poor customer service it takes you an hour to be checked in the hotel stinks like a chimney.if you have young kids traveling with you its not a good place to stay if you know what i mean.

I dont like staff behavioir.

I lost money,i booked with my credit card and i paid at the reception before stay.But after simedays they deduct from my bank a/c without my authorisation and permission.Now i am fighting with them for money.

Never go this hotel , don’t go this hotel

I don’t like any thing about this hotel it’s worse hotel ever I slept my life never go this hotel . Very poor service for every thing staff . Bar cleaning restaurant.front desk .door men all it’s not good place to go Dubai . I go Dubai every year 4-6 times but this trio it’s worst trip because I stay very bad hotel

only Location, very bad service, door access card was not giving us, every time to enter the room had to wait for 5/10M to call the door boy to open the Door, later argued and give us only 1 card for 2 guests..

Really careful when using credit card here. They charged me two time last time when I stayed, and I followed that for so many months, even with proof, the accounts even not responded or given my money back.

No services we liked there, because we were requested for additional break fast, but they didn't provided us where as i paid additional amount for that also. - Not even got the Car parking oftenly, and they were asking additional amount to pay for the service and we lost all the Trust because of this booking.com.

No services we liked there.

This hotel is not maintained properly. When I went to my room the toilet flush system was broken the Shataff ie Muslim shower was leaking. They changed my room to next floor that was ok. When I woke up in the morning my bathroom was full of water leaks from the ceiling.....that was lost strow for me..I have ask for the refund they said going to charge You extra for early check out I did explain. I have booked this hotel for two days because I am staying here... but if I am not getting the service you people have advertised than I can not stay here.

Staff was Ok that's all.

Firstly the staff services, they are just here to peel money out of you ... locking system and coordination. Zero assistance.

Have stayed in dubai in ample number of places , this is the worst I have stayed in terms of staff and services... totally irresponsible and pathetic..!!!

Remove this hotel from your list as this hotel is not good and booking.com is making there clients unhappy by choosing this hotl

Not clean rooms, sound of night club coming to the room and distrub the sleep at night, staff is not cooperative, bedsheets and blankets are old and looks dirty

Housekeeping is very poor. Phone was not working inside the room. Toilet shower was leaking. Bathroom tub is clogging. Staff is very rude. They have cleaned my room without my notice. Room is too small. The cupboard is too much dirty.

The location is near to my work place so it saved my time.

Check-in

Check-in: terrible. Staff made me wait on long line for 30 minutes. No more door keys available and was told to ask the front desk staff or concierge to open my hotel door whenever I left my room.

Messy room and bathroom. Telephone and wifi is not working. Poor service as we have to go down twice to ask for assistance but the worst thing is that nobody came to us to fix the issue. No standard and unhelpful reception staff. Hotel could be better if the staff knows how to give real hospitality service!

Room was super dirty...I had cockroaches roaming around the bed. I had to squash them on the bed. They gave me a different room that had cockroaches roaming around the bathroom and the night-stand. Bed linen is dirty with multiple holes in it. I asked for it to be changed, but they would not change it. They said "other guests stay in these rooms...you might as well stay" Walls and carpets are stained Bathroom not clean...in the room I eventually stayed in (after 3 room changes), the bathroom was practically raining. A/C was dripping all over Wi-Fi is not that good

Your guests aren't allowed to come in your room. Washroom is grandma style plus fixtures don't work. Staff is rude plus no professionalism. No Airport shuttle. No power adapter provided in the rooms.

No breakfast provided at the time of check out the refund 60 AED with lame excuses. No water bottles available There was No Provision of Tea maker Water Heater was not working through out the time Very poor services.

Well what to say the property needs renovation for sure and better coordination with booking.com as example my booking was with complementary parking but the administration refuse to give it for free any way after complain to booking.com they agreed to make it for free. The Music was very loud as well.

The phone in the room is just like a toy display it's not even connected to a cable which i find really funny and disappointed. i even have to call them using my phone as they didnt inform us of the wifi password when we came.

close to the metro station and there are many restaurants around for guests to eat.

Poor staff responsiveness. I had asked a front office staff to give me a wake up call at 7.30am. He just didn't call me, he left when I woke up and enquired. He had not even given a handover

Had a girlfriend back to my room and she was chased out like a dog are these people living on planet earth would not stay there again or any of my friends

Good social

Except value of money nothing else

Check in process too slow front desk agent are so rude.. Alert ⚠ for you if gonna travel to this hotel make sure you have everything you id card booking id ang booking must be on your name... Like if your friend book for you but unfortunately he foget to change name.... This is not a big problem others properties may booker can speak with hotel and sure they would help but in this hotel he needs to come by himself whether he is living out of country If you are in trouble staff will never even ask for help

Stinky smell in room, infact whole building. Dirty bedsheets Dirty carpet Broken bathroom taps Old and smelly towels No sleepers No electric kettle Windows were permanently closed ( high safety risk in case of fire) Poor lighting in room and passageways. Untrained staff with minimal English language skills. No wifi in lobby. Overall experience: worst!

• Executive Double Room

I paid for an executive suite and I got a roach motel. I expected a wet bar and I found an dirty empty mini fridge. I expected a bathtub and got a public restroom (with NO hot water). I needed to send an important email traffic but WiFi was cut to the room because it was the day of check out so I went down stairs to see if they had a computer room to no avail.

Staff not too friendly. Even everytime i check out i ddnt heard thank you for staying with us or even welcoming me nicely everytime i check in. They need more training in handling guest with hospitality. Room have bedbugs and when i inform the front desk guy when i check out he ddnt show me any concern, instead i heard hm singing while im walking on my way to the main door. Im upset.

Its near to metro station. Big room.

• Executive Double Room

Bed, blankets, corridor, cleanliness, food

The location was very nice, close to metro and main market. Not bad for the price i paid for...cant expect more for lower price...good for budget travellers...requested late check out till 2pm and they agreed...

The security cannot control the guests night crawlers. A drunk nearly molested me and security and staff were not defensive enough

Room comfortable. Old staff friendly but new staff rude. Maybe they Dont know old customers

The staff are stiff. The bed sheets are old and bad quality. Room has bad smell. The wifi was very weak. The shower is not like in the photo, its the smallest shower i ever seen. They took extra charge for the car parkung.

if your single this place will be fine.... very noisy

very close to metro but if you need to fly out early in the morning before 6am then you have to take a taxi. (which would be fine if they are on the meter)

• Executive Double Room

The tax that's was not included on the £51 and final had to pay £69...and the room was on the 5th Floor when first allocated on the 7th floor...not sure which was better.

They should include in their information regarding guest need to come together for check in, I should take rest early but I need to wait for my partner to come. I cant cancel it bcoz its not free cancellation. And the room have connecting door, and u can really hear even single noise from other room as in even single noise like normal talking or moving the chair so its really irritating for us who want to take rest .. The front office staff from morning shift that wearing white sleeves was not approachable and dont know how to talk properly to the guest. As far as I know if u are working as a front office staff u should have some good qualities in general bcoz u r the one facing the guest. Dont put 3pm c/o if u cant give, false advertisement. and telling depends availability, its not guest problem, you clearly post it publicly.

I like the night shift front office staff who talk to me politely and professionally even though I cant check in alone first.

The staff is looters they ask for money for everything thing even if the guests are with me they dont allow to visit if you want to take them pay money for everything thing he is not accepting card he was asking for cash because that cash he will put in his poclet snd the crowd is worst all prostitute's around you not recommended to family or couples

It wasn’t well cleaned!light out in the room !bathroom was dirty with silicon Nd grouting in poor condition’,pencil marks on the walls ,towels was torn n rough.requested for non smoking room but ash tray was present plus strong smell of cigarette!room is so dusty every where from skirting to behind the tables !torn duvet cover dust bins were dirty up on arrival

Value for money yes

I was promised an early check in as my flight was to arrive at 8 in the morning, when reached there they said they can not. so I have to practically sit on road for 4 hours till 12 pm to get my room.

Staff at reception was very non co-operative. Firstly, the room given to us was in a bad condition but was changed next day on our complaint. Room facilities as mentioned in the booking was not fully provided especially Wi-Fi was not working good. it was deactivated most of the time.

Attitude of Room service staff was very good. Location of the property is nice.

We did not like it at all. The place was horrible and the TV was an old model 29" JVC most likely between year 2000-2005 model and has a bad signal! Toilet was too small and even no slippers provided despite we have requested for it. We made a complaint and the reception were to slow to act on it and waited for us to go down supposed to make a refund. Poor Service and the Manager not even show care how to fix the problem.

This hotel defifntely not a 3 star in this condition and needs renovation. eveyitng is old and dirty. After i comlaind to manager of the hotel - i was given better room but still cant call it very good. Another minus bass and music form the clubs located in the lobby. And very bad Wif-fi

Nice and friendly staff. location close to metro.

York hotel is inundated with night clubbing activities,hurl and hangout club girls and other related socials.These activities disrupts serenity and dissuades those not used to night clubbing from lodging.

It is centrally located at Bur Dubai in a business nerve center of Dubai.Its proximity to business gives the hotel a niche.

found cockroaches.. please clean a little bit more

have really privacy. comfortable bed, nice beddings, next time ptovide at lerast coffee and tea like other hotrls do, wifi should be easy to access, and provide more tissue paper

The hotel staff wasn't hospitable. It was filled with escorts. Shabby and dirty rooms. Air-conditioning air quality was extremely poor. It gave me a sore throat and a chest infection. They charged me AED 50 for the room key.

Above night club might not be best for light sleepers.

Comfy bed, free water in room. Close to metro to get around and the big red bus tour stop. Friendly staff.

The person in the front office don’t know how talk to the guest,he said my total amount ......this much then ask him but when I was booking the hotel only this much and how much the tax he said 25:/: vat and 10:/: service charge after he said slowly I’m sorry sir I don’t have change I will give you later?????? This is the way so bad

• Executive Double Room

i just hate this hotel. the worst place to stay. the rooms were not clean and they stinks so bad. The club has the worst vibe in the whole dubai

the wifi was really anoying.

! the rooms looked old later i realized it was the bad design.the wifi was only good after 11:00! my view was awesome, ,just 2 minutes from the metro.the clubs, it cant say it was bad

I enter late night with my friend after traveling we too tried we got one room so we started to move to room once open the door room was totally used bed linen totally used overall room condition very bad and I tried to call reciption from the room telephone but even telephone also not working and last I called from washroom telephone after 3 times 4 th time they picked I said to change the room but he said I don’t have room I will send someone to clean your room I am waiting for them but at last they came and clean after 20 minutes.but overall my stay very bad experience with hotel

The Hotel they charge Dhs 20 for parking the car , the reception staff are only 1 and do a lot of work so you need to stay long time the room are below expectation

the Yerk Club only

I was kept in the lobby for 3 hours waiting by the Pakistan reception very annoying and he had not courtesy at all bad service

The rooftop shisha lounge awesome place to chill with friends Afta work

Nothing was good, reception staff was rude, noise from the night club till 3 am. Very bad experience

The reception. We are Waiting for almost 1 hour to check in. They give a room card that didn't work.. and room even occupied of others.and the pillowcase is dirty. Bathtub is so very dirty.

Location,and housekeeping comport.

1. Proper smoking area should be provided instead of having the whole of hotel smelling like cigarettes. 2. Room cleanliness not up to mark 3. Booking.com should indicate the features like pub, dance bar - which is not very comfortable for stay with family.

Receptionist stuff behaviour was very poor..I told them late checkout till 6 pm because I'm paying for half day..they told me sorry till 5:30 pm..very poor service he even didn't know how to speak with guest..

Nothing special at all..

I don't want to say anything extremely unprofessional specially the reception staff! By the time walk in itself you will start to feel unpleasant. Will not recommend to anyone.

There is no complementary water bottle.when I ask for towel as they said they can’t provide extra towel.linen not change. Linen used by previous guest.Im wondering why housekeeping not changing the linen.when I ask king size bed they provide twin bed.service was very poor.the person answering the call from front office not respecting.

Nothing was is there to mention

On a short visit nothing much to write but pricing was the main objective to stay in this hotel just for the night needed a bed only couldnt get any better deal.

Bath room water leaking and reported three times but not attended. No visiting card at reception. meals/tea/ coffee are very poor not worth for money.

room not very clean.

Staffs have lack of hospitality knowledge and they don’t know what the customer service is particularly receptionist and housekeeping associates and not proper cleanliness as I found bedbugs in the room and poor maintained facilities

• Executive Double Room

Bad smell in the rooms, being offered massage by hotel staff for money. The bartender putting the ice for old drinks back into the ice box and use again. Prostitution in the hotel bar,women hounding you in the bar for drinks.The hotel taxi trying to change 3 times the price of a normal taxi. Breakfast was cold as was the coffee, toaster did not work. When complaining told you could leave if you don’t like it.

The hotel is awful !!! everything is awful !! full of girls trying to grab you for anything Like Massage or any other thing ! they are liers ! they wrote they had a free parking but then they told me to leave my car with a valle for 50 aed !!! in the middle of a so busy street !!! the room is dirty and the sheets haven't been cleaned and the rubbish bin is full of trash. The music is soooo high !! because they have maybe 2 or 3 nightclubs downstairs , The Staff is soooo rude and egoistic ! The Room has nothing beside it's dirty ! No wifi working , ac is too bad it's awful !! .. One of all , the hotel is a complete set of awful experience !!

Nothing ! the hotel is awful !!!!

It was a late night hotel but not on the extreme side they messed up my booking the first nightime and I had to stay in another hotel

Location great next to metro and a unbelievably cheap restaurant nearby with great local food

Everything. 1.The egoistic attitude of manager and staff. 2. No speed for Wi-Fi connect. 3. Loud sound from their club. So irritating. 4. It's not a hotel, it's a pick-up point for prostitutes.

Browse York International Hotel traveller photo gallery