Reviews of Yerevan Hostel

Tpagrichner Street 5, 0010 Yerevan, Armenia

#83 of 181 hotels in Yerevan

Based on 348 hostel reviews

Cheap place but dirty and unwelcoming
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Really dirty. Bathroom and toilets really dirty and smelly. Check in desk + breakfast in different building. Had to do the bed myself. Lots of dirt on the floor of the bedroom. Most guests here are Filipinos or Indians waiting to get a work visa for Dubai, which makes it difficult to meet other travelers and travel companions I didnt like the breakfast (but that's really a personal opinion) - bread, egg, tomatoes/cucumber, buckwheat, pasta but not enough sweet things (no jam, juices or cereals)

One of the cheapest hostels available in Yerevan with free breakfast

Lazy cleaner. Not customer focused.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Smokers on stairs and entry to main hostel annoying. No toilet paper in private bathroom, basin not cleaned on arrival. Poor maintenance of toilet seat, shower doors. Dirty walls in bedroom, and hallway to breakfast area and apartment fridge... I cleaned it! Poor lighting on apartment stairs. NO towel change or room clean in our 5 night stay!!!! Lazy cleaner.

Wonderful breakfast. Staff friendly and helpful. Great location. Firm and comfortable double bed with nice cotton sheets.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

It was my 5th time in this hostel and it was just great as...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It was my 5th time in this hostel and it was just great as Always. Especially the girl in the Reception, Lusine. She was really helpful every time. Will choose this hostel for sure!!!

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I certainly had some expectations about this place based on the reviews, but they did not meet the reality all. It turns out that this hostel wasn't really for travelers but actually, some people (dunno, possibly working or doing whatever in Yerevan) live there for a while. It was a group of people, utterly disrespectful, constantly talking with each other and on phone loudly, even during the entire night. They have taken all the lockers, even one that was supposed to be mine and I didn't have one to store my valuables. When I asked about this to the guy in reception, he said he couldn't do anything about it but only offer to keep my valuables in the reception, but this is not the way to do I guess. Also, the bathroom/toilet was not cleaned well either, honestly, it was quite disgustingly dirty (even tho people staying there were not hygienic and that contributed to it too) toilets looked like they weren't cleaned for days. The reception and (some) rooms are in separate entrances of a large block and that also makes this place not have a hostel vibe at all. I wish I could say it's a good place to sleep at least for this money, but you cannot even sleep there. Was so unbearable that I left the second night and stayed in some other place.

Location. Nothing else, really.

One night stay with friends

The AC in the room was directly above the bed which made us uncomfortable

Everything was great. We booked initially a double room with an extra bed at yerevan hostel, but when we arrived they told us that there were no space in the room to add an extra bed so they transfered us to their hotel "yerevan boutique hotel" at the same rate we needed to pay also 3000 extra dram for breakfast though it was included in the price of our reservation but it was not a problem at all. We also needed to check out very early at 4:30 am so they've packed the breakfast for us which was really nice!

Great hostel in Yerevan
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Disgusting flies in the common kitchen

Spacious room Comfortable peelows and bed Tasty breakfasts Great location Quiet place (double room with private bethroom)

Great receptionist.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Great receptionist. She (unfortunately i dont know her name) was always really helpful and helped me with all me question. Its nice hostel and its super close to Republic sq.

Hostels as described in my guidebook
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

- I never used the kitchen, as I ate out. But it was in the basement and very hot there - Lack of power outlets for charging - Mattress not very comfortable - Air condition in the room was not that good

- As it was very hot outside, the air condition in the reception was very nice - Some good restaurants near the hostel - More bathrooms, than the staff showed me. They were all nice and clean - Towel provided

Staff, breakfast and location couldn't be better :) the...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The toilets near the dorms should be cleaned more often

Staff, breakfast and location couldn't be better :) the private rooms are beautiful and comfy

The place is good and have good breakfast
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The cleanliness of the hostel is not very good. Also only one room of the hostel has air-conditioning which is a major disadvantage of this hostel in the hot Yerevan summer

The place is good and have good breakfast

Great hostel with tours
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Great hostel, we had a nice double room in nearby property with good airconditioning, breakfast ladies prepared great fresh meals in the morning and hostel provided us very kind driver who took us for daily tours around beautiful Armenia. We also loved its location near Republic Square.

A gem in Yerevan
    • Twin Room with Private Toilet

We were very impressed with everything.

Warm, friendly and helpful staff. Excellent value for money: faciltiies were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, far more extensive than one could expect in that price range. Within easy walking distance of many points and places of interest. We felt perfectly safe walking 'home' very late at night.

A well located hostel but too expensive for what you get for your money
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom No Window

The private room at the hostel was claustrophobic with no windows and strong smells. I was change after for much much money to an apartment of two bedrooms with mattress in terrible conditions and street dogs barking at night. After two nights without sleeping we were changed two different apartment. In spite off making a pre payment of 12$ for a taxi to the airport they failed to pick us up, jeopardizing our flight back home.

Staff at front desk are nice and efficient, making their best to accommodate you. Excellent location, very close to the main square Republic

Good for 1-2 days. Nice staff. Good food. Good be cleaned better.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I stayed at the 6 bed dorm in the building close to the main building of the hostel. The room was not really being cleaned. There was a lot of dust under the beds. The room was really small - from 10 to 20 cm between the beds. Luckily there were just 2 people in the room. There was a strange noise coming from the outside and the upper floor. The showers have no place to put your stuff on. We couldnt really close the door of our room.

As usual the staff at the hostel is awesome, young and English-speaking and they didnt rush with the check out. The breakfast is yummy! Home-made and varied. The location is great! So close to everything!

Great option in Yerevan
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The shower temperature wasn't constant

Nice and clean room, comfortable bed and very nice bathroom (much better than the average in Armenia and Georgia). The room we stayed happened to be a part of an apartment a few meters away from the main hostel facilities, which was great for having some rest. The staff was very helpful anytime we needed, helping us with city information, laundry and the parking spot issue.

I liked the way the receptionist received me the hostel are...

Everything was perfect

I liked the way the receptionist received me the hostel are clean good breakfast good private room and clean and clean toilet everything was perfect for me of that hostel i recommend traveller to go there near of everything and good location

I was not as comfortable as I supposed in comparison to other hotels which were cheaper but better.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom No Window

The room was so small for two people. There were no tv no private refrigerator and no closet for dresses. The sheets was not new. There weren't any place to warm the food. All in all,I don't like it at all.

The only thing that I liked was that the toilet had a separate water current for self cleaning.

We will surely come back
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

All receptionist and drivers are good except for the guy receptionist with glasses.

Great place to stay! Good location and great staff! Very helpful and recommended good restaurant to try Armenian cuisine!

Room was beautiful, bright, spacious, and clean!
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Door to the building was a bit hard to open - but staff was very helpful with it.

Room was beautiful, bright, spacious, and clean! Room had a great attached balcony. Everything you need - heating or A/C, comfortable bed, great storage, desk and chairs, TV. Bathroom was clean.

I enjoyed my short vacation and will definitely recommend Yerevan Hostel to some of my friends.

Nothing at all

People in Yerevan are very friendly & accommodating it was my third time in Yerevan and I plan to come back again sometime on September 2018 with my Family and friends.

Definitely will go back there to stay. It's affordable and near to everything
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It should be maintained clean. Because sometimes you need to ask this and that before they provide given that it should be provided by them like tissue rolls on the toilet. Some staff should be accommodating. One staff there is always grumpy.

Quiet and nice place.. Specisifcally in theire apartment on the 3rd floor on the other side of the street. Near to everywhere

Pleasant.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I have booked the property for airport service and they confirmed by email. We are waiting in the airport but nobody came. I called the hostel and the lady said they have not confirmed so I have to look for a taxi to bring us there. When we arrived at the property we are brought to a different room rather than the room we book.

The food was great. They offer different types of food every day. They even prepared rice so as to satisfy the Filipinos who want to eat rice. They offer group tours at the cheap price. The staff also are helpful and accommodating.

It's a hostel. If you're staying here, you probably aren't staying for comfort. Below average.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed was, bar none, the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on. I wasn't provided with a pillow, either.

Like most of the hostels I've stayed at over the years, the staff and fellow travelers were very accommodating. The staff was more than happy to help facilitate different tours and provide information about local amenities and must-visit sites. The rooms themselves were fairly sized and decently clean. I was provided with sheets and a towel, which were clean

This accommodation tries its best to meet the expectations of their customers.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed sheet that was in my bed didn't really fit the bed. I had to move less and it wasn't really that comfortable. The wifi connection from where I stayed at wasn't that stable.

I got my own heater which was good for me to help deal with the cold weather. The staff is as always very accommodating. I've grown to be fond of them since this wasn't my first stay with them. The breakfast has also gotten better; they've got more choices now compared to their plated servings before.

Yerevan Hostel good surprise
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

If you get a room next to the lobby, it can be bright and noisy but its really that i need to put something here, however if you get a room in the apartment opposite the street, part of the hostel, it is just amazing! huge place, balcony, with 2 chairs, huge rooms and its like home! facilities are very new, wifi works great! what else? Thanks Yerevan Hostel!

Everything!

IT FELT HOME

Honestly, none :)

The fact that the staff were so warm from the beginning of my stay till the day that I left will always stay with me. Areg was patient enough to accommodate my every request, from having the free breakfast given to me every dinner (so it won’t go to waste. Breakfast served at 9am and I usually leave at 8), to opening of wines (I’ve made friends during my stay and like the happy people that we are, we drank our hearts out almost every night). He always makes sure that we’re okay, asking if we need anything. Sweet Ara (?), the one with Areg is also very friendly and nice, always offering his help in any way he can. The place is also very neat and is really very near Republic Square, which you can stroll around even when you are alone. I didn’t feel alone on my birthday. I’m a solo traveler and it was my first time checking in at a hostel, and I can definitely say that all throughout my stay, it felt “home”.

Yerevan hostel is a good place to stay in. It is an enjoyable and relaxing place to stay in.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Dormitory Room

There is nothing in particular that I didn't like except the bathroom smells a bit :)

I liked how the dorm was set up and the kitchen was very cozy. The staff was always ready to help and it was really a very pleasant stay. The people were very nice and they were also helpful in giving advice in what to do and where to find it.

The workers in the reception are freindly and good at English
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast is diffenrent from western breakfast because it included candy, meat og cheese. I forgot my headphones in the room, and I therefore e-mailed the hostel, but they still haven't answered

The workers in the reception are freindly and good at English

overall did not like it here, disappointing.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the breakfast was poor and left out at room temperature for extended periods of time...very unappetizing. i thought it was a noisy place to stay. i had never shared a bathroom before and will never do it again as someone had left the shower dirty after using it. Some of the staff were not very friendly. They offered a tour i was interested in but it seemed like the driver did not know where to go, he kept stopping on the road to ask locals for directions.

Good location with comfortable place.
    • Twin Room with Private Toilet

Kitchen supplies should be varied. The base of the iron can be cleaned.

The staff was really helpful and kind. Especially dear Hermine made our days better. Thank you so much; they eased the things with their smiling faces. The room was comfortable and clean. Reaching to the square takes 5-6 minutes.

Friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Good location, but at night I used gps maps, was little bit difficult to find it. Our room was quite small and entrance doors was in kitchen. I think hostel have, few flats, in my location flat was full I have to be patient, there is only one bathroom.

Friendly staff. Air condition.

Staff are very nice and the Area of this hostel is very convenient close to everything
    • Basic Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Can consider upgrading Bed Mattresses ;)

Credits to all the Staff who were all very helpful, approachable and very nice. I only got the name of Hermine but also the receptionist (2 gentlemen) during our stay from 28-31july (night-morning shift) were also very nice and very helpful. Keep it up!

Reasonably worth the stay!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

hmmm the extended hostel lights on the hallway or staircase is not functional so at night its totally dark.

We love the terrace overlooking the streets...it feels like home..and the best part is....just walk away to republic square and others

In the city center.
    • Twin Room with Private Toilet

It was not as clean as I would have liked. It was in disrepair in a lot of places. Plus, the main reason we booked here was because they said they had laundry facilities, but it was very difficult to use because it was only one machine and with limited use. The dryer was not really available either. Also, their tours offered weren't very economical. We only stayed 2 nights and they wanted us to move to a different room for the second night because they got a new reservation request for our room. Very inconvenient and unprofessional.

In the city center.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

fun and great
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

there is no microwave in the place that i am staying , also some times the heater is not working

The scenery here in armenia and people here in the hotel specially the staffs are very nice

AVOID! Poor security = THEFT
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The security of the hostel was quite poor: no door locks on the dorm rooms and the front door was unlocked 24/7, though someone is supposed to man the front desk at all times. On one night a fellow traveler was robbed by someone who walked into the hostel at 4:30am, went into one of the rooms and stole a wallet and backpack. The next morning the staff was telling the upset traveler not to worry about going to the police, somehow the hostel laptop was stolen as well, but they would get the security recordings and hopefully be able to find the guy themselves; this all seemed rather strange, especially saying several times not to go to the police. While I was not robbed myself, this incident highlighted the VERY POOR security at the hostel (where was the person at the front desk when the thief came in?!). Aside from the poor security, there was only one bathroom for the entire hostel (as others have mentioned in their reviews). Just one toilet and just one shower. That's it. The breakfast was so-so, for what it was. They plate the food themselves: one slice of cheese, one slice of meat, a hard-boiled egg, etc. Having food is nice, but this extreme portion control was a bit too much.

The location was the best part of this hostel. Located within easy walking distance of the major sights in town, easy access to TONS of restaurants, supermarkets, pubs. The staff were also very nice, friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Do not doubt - book it
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfasts are organized in a little bit strange way.

They offer excursions in Armenia and if you find some other people in a hostel (what is not hard to do) the price will be very good and by the way the driver (Arsen, as I remember) is a very cool guy.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Good location and friendly staff
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Only two minor drawbacks: Better common room would have been nice and more toilets/showers as one shared bathroom is too little.

Good location, nice staff and value for money.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

it was good overall👌
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

i just thought the room that we booked same as what is shown in booking.com but it was not. there is no own bathroom and toilet inside the room.we have to use the common bath and toilet. going out in the room to pee was a hassle.

i like the location of the hostel and staff were accomodating.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Great value for money and good location
    • Standard Double Room with Private Bathroom

No bidet in bathroom. Looking for a nicer and comfy bedsheet(a thicker one or cotton type bedsheets). Maybe time to change for a new one😊. Add more english tv channels. Lastly, no time frame for each place on every tour (detailed itinerary)

Good location. Near to pharmacy, park, restaurants, coffee shops, supermarket & flea market. Staff Hermine, Zara & Karl are very accomodating, helpful and friendly and the drivers/tour guide, Arzen the friendly one and Zenon the tall and quiet guy who drives very well.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

important suggestion for the hotel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

some roomates i mean people taking advantage of price of tour i suggest that the management of the hotel will strictly organize and direct to reception and policy so that some people outside will not take advantage taking money ..this as a warning...not mention name...

i meet a new friends. staff are accommodating and easy to approached with a smile.location is good..room rates are affordable not bad.i enjoy my tour different places.i miss snow now:))

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Ideal hostel in Yerevan on a budget!
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Just need to add more toilets and shower rooms.

The staffs are ready accommodating and friendly. It's like a real home, you won't feel like you are a tourist. The location is really good . Room rates are affordable. I will definitely take the same hostel when I get back there.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Worth it!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed was too soft for me, but good thing there was a sofa as my alternative.

The location was really great, staff were good & friendly and our room was pretty big and had the facilities/kitchenwares we needed.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Thanks to all who have made our stay memorable . We will be back :):):)+
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

the bed was not comfy I was having a backache and feels like dirty , no breakfast served on our third day accordingly it was forgotten , on the our fourth day we ask for it to be served early but did not come . anyway I hope next time it would not happen again .

the location was near republic square , staff like Zara and the rest of the team were super nice . Our room was so big that we could have a party if we want too it feels like it was our own home . Complete furniture washing machine , gas range

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Short and Sweet Vacay
    • Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast menu needs to improve. Though, over all it was a great experience to taste their different cheese :)

The staff are really accomodating, friendly!! We have an amazing trip. I highly recommend Arsan who was so kind and took care of us during our day tour and the receptionists are all friendly!!! Couldn't ask for more the way they service their guest. Location is convenient for us, since it's near in Republic Square, supermarkets and even some shops if you would like to buy some stuffs. The room we booked is enough for us (3 guests) with private bathroom. It's comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Not last visit for sure
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

sometimes there was some noise in kitchen,but the staff always regulate it.

Extremely helpful staff. Tasty breakfast,good service. Special thanks to Livon, for organizing everything You need there,and for comfortable sleep.

Location was great and the staff are very nice and helpful.
    • Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

You hear everything from the lobby inside the room like it's in the room. Breakfast was ridiculous (a plate with 1 sausage,1 egg, cheese and bread). Heating didn't work in the room. The sheets were not very clean.

Location was great and the staff are very nice and helpful. Reasonable price for shuttling service.

Need to be here!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Bunk beds are a little uncomfortable.

This place was excellent.Very helpful staff,perfect kitchen,good athmosphere!Special thanks to Levon and Zara!We will come back.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Perfect staff and location!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Our room was supposed to be for 6 persons, last night there was 8 people.

Staff was very friendly, each hostel employee helped us a lot. Breakfast was also suprisingly tasty.

Friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast, fantastic value.

Nothing of significance

Friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast, fantastic value.

Very helpful staff, good equipped, very nice location close...
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Very helpful staff, good equipped, very nice location close center

Many Indians are there at that time
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Many Indians are there at that time They were listening Indian (?) music and calling It was big and noisy

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good place. . .Kindness staff
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Kitchen is so Hot. Need airconditioner. . .

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good place to stay in Yerevan

Good location, nice staff and clean room

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good place to stay in Yerevan

Good location, nice staff and clean room

Highly Recommended
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

nothing that I ever think of

Everything is excellent! from the reception staff to Hostel Facilities and Perfect Location!

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Comfortable and clean room. Nice, central location, close to republic square. Very friendly and helpful staff!

Staff very helpful.
    • Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

Staff very helpful. They helped us organize our day tours around armenia.

Yerevan 3 nights
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Their tour offers were good.

Limited budget with good facilities
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

They should took attention on cleaning

Perfect place to stay in budget

good job to all the staff

breakfast staff hospitality

The Wi-Fi was a little slow in the room.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The Wi-Fi was a little slow in the room.

Good service.. thank you

Tell us it’s 5 but bed but 8 bed

Good service

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

no inter net......bath room very far from rooms.

Recommended to all travellers
    • Twin Room with Private Toilet

Great location, very accommodating and nice staff! Recommended to all types of travellers. I will certainly gonna come back with my friends.

There shoud be electricity plug for each bed in dormitory...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There shoud be electricity plug for each bed in dormitory room

Great breakfast to start your adventure in Yerevan
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Breakfast was very good and was prepared by very good cooks. Staff were very helpful and respectful

The common area is not nice at all and there is no water...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom No Window

The common area is not nice at all and there is no water heater in the shower.

Main door handle was broken, it was very difficult to open...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Main door handle was broken, it was very difficult to open the door...i was staying in room 202...

They have nice, clean and affordable rooms .
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They have nice, clean and affordable rooms .. The staffs are very accommodating.. They also offer cheap tour packages..

No hot water in my room during winter

No hot water during winter

Clean bathroom

Great value for price paid, excellent location, very helful...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom No Window

Great value for price paid, excellent location, very helful front desk.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Other guests acts as their own place, no lift if you have heavy luggage

Location, price