Reviews of Abasto Hotel 5 stars

Av. Corrientes, 3190, Balvanera, C1193AAQ Buenos Aires, Argentina

#274 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

Our bathroom smelled like vomit, particularly the sink, we couldn't even brush our teeth because of the horrible smell and the shower curtain was torn.

There was a loud mechanical noise in my room that went off every 15 minutes in my room and kept me from sleeping. When I told the front desk when I checked out, they ignored me. The room was not clean: there was hair in the sheets, the lampshade was not clean, and there were holes in the curtains. The staff was not friendly at all. They were not helpful. I had to ask for the wifi code. Guests were loud, even at 3am. I would never go back to this hotel and I do not recommend that anyone else go. The rooms and hotel were old and needed to be maintained. The bed was not comfortable at all.

I really did not like anything about this hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

They don't have any bacon, cheese or hot bread during the breakfast. Internet goes on and off. Elevators take like forever, you can spend average 10 minutes waiting for them.

Croissants are good

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

My breakfast was not included. And was notified me as not very good way, they said: "you need to sign me a ticket in order to having breakfast while I was having it. After that, I needed to pay chash in American Dollars, this procedure was not good. They delay on changing the maney from Argentinian pesos to dollars, and then they delay again on give me the change. I think this proccedure is not practical, should be easily.

The room was excellent

The hotel is rather old and would need a make-over but on the other hand, it adds to the tango-like charm.

The view from my room was beautiful and i was lucky enough to have an angle room which was very big and enjoyed a lot of light. This hotel is located near the home of Carlos Gardel and has a clear tango atmosphere.

The pillows!

The staff were always pleasant and helpful. The room and bathroom were spacious. I was not disturbed by noise from other guests.

The hotel is in need of a good renovation. They had major issues with the AC. Elevators got stock often.

Good location. Good staff.

Wi-Fi a bit slow and disconnected often, but I managed 😀

I have truly enjoyed my stay, the staff is super attentive and very comfortable room

The actitude of staff was real BAD / the Breackfast was not for the value we pay -/ it's not a 5 stars No only good location

No breakfast. Bathroom leaks. Wet carpet. Air conditioning doesn’t work, very loud

• Standard Single Room

The Hotel in its entirety badly needs to be renovated !

construction in progress

Breakfast was very good location is good TV was good

• Standard Single Room

Abasto shopping mall is right across the street. Parking is in the same building.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Room was very dated

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Ironing boarding and iron - old and overused

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Cheap Breakfast. Water Leaking in shower booth. No Wifi in the hotel... Very weak and hard to connect.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

My particular experience was nowhere near pleasant. We booked for a night as we were visiting, it was adverised as a 5 stars hotel. We were received by a gentlemen playing with his phone whilst talking. Our luggage were put aside and not stored. The higlight of the night was AIR CONDITIONING NOT WORKING. we were not advised of this. It was about 40 degrees and the reception stuff massibly failed at offering us a solution. I was offered the parking free the next day, when in all fairness, the whole stay should have been for free as it failed to reach any kind of standards. I ended up having to go to sleep elsewhere cos of the unberrable heat in the room.

The pool area is nice, and breakfast was plentyful. The room was huge and had 2 king sizes bed and one queen size, so much more than we needed/expected.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

The wifi is hideous. The breakfast didn't have ham or cheese, very poor. And the worst, i forgot my wedding ring in the Bath and magical It desapear

The location is very good for my buisness trip.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

This hotel is a little bit shabby, and a little bit over the hill. For example, marks on shower curtains, stains in bathroom. The staff are okay, but not really making an effort. The location isn't great, either, with few good restaurants close by. On one of the days, they forgot to make up my room. So not terrible, but just a bit... drab, overall.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

That I could not stay longer because I have to come back to work :(

Everybody at the hotel were very nice. From the staff at the front desk to the man who opens the door everyday. The person who made the room, the people at the restaurant, everybody was very nice. Also, the location is great. Close to many synagogues and kosher restaurants. Very close to the subte.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

When my booking was done I asked for certain type of room but they gave me another kind. The air conditiones didn´t work

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

La cama y la ubicación

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

No AC in room 702

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

they overchaged me. I dont trust booking anymore, it's not first time they say me one prize here and i pay other prize there...

I liked the room

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

necesita renovar el mobiliario

• Reviewed: 23 January 2015

Nothing special

Nice service staffs

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Abasto Hotel traveller photo gallery