Reviews of Alta Piazza –Casa di Appartamenti– 4 stars

Jose L. Pagano 2634, Recoleta, 1425 Buenos Aires, Argentina

#103 of 368 Holiday rentals in Buenos Aires

GREAT LOCATION.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

ROOM WAS A LITTLE SMALL. NO BREAKFAST WAS AVAILABLE. THINGS FOR THE KITCHEN WERE AVAILABLE BUT YOU HAD TO ASK FOR THEM.

GREAT LOCATION. SECURE. STAFF HELPFUL. RESTAURANTS AND COFFEE SHOPS NEARBY. WALKING DISTANCE TO SHOPPING AREAS.

There was only a kettle and a pair of cups in the kitchen .
    • Suite with Balcony

There was only a kettle and a pair of cups in the kitchen .... we didn't try to ask reception for other items but be aware if you want to cook or eat at all.

Nice Staff, A potentially great place, but let down by poor maintenance.
    • Suite with Balcony

The property has not been updated and maintained well. the paint is flaking on the walls, The second sofa bed was in such a state of wear that I feel through to the floor, so uncomfortable my child had to sleep with us. Curtains wouldn't close fully. The breakfast room is not big enough to accommodate everyone.

Nice staff. Clean, Great location and very nice balcony. Good size.

Wouldn't go back.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The rooms were old, not well maintained. Smelled like bleach when we arrived. The bathroom was especially disappointing.

Location and helpful person at the reception.

large rooms.

It was great 4 years ago, now it has wrecked and there is no maintainance whatsoever. Paint, humidity spots on walls, etc. Anyway good value for money, large rooms, good staff. Need to refresh. the wifi signal wouldnt reach my room.

large rooms. good price.

Good
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was lacking variety and quality (e.g no eggs; milk was old), bathroom was not fresh

Location was close to Recoleta cemetry and cafes there, bedroom was nice and large, nice little balcony, staff was friendly

I would recommend this place!
    • Suite

The beds weren't the comfiest and the shower could have been updated but everything else was good

The location is perfect. We walked to almost every attraction we went to, except China town. The staff is super helpful and they all spoke English too!

Staff were super friendly, especially the one in the evening.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

the 'double bed' is just two single beds pushed together and the bathroom smelled up the whole room if you left the door open.

Staff were super friendly, especially the one in the evening. Location is absolutely unbeatable. Air conditioned room, good size.

A nice placr to seim after visiting the falls.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

staff gave us incorrect information about the ATM. They told us we could only get money from one machine on town. They told us that you needed cash for the falls but when we arrived there were ATMs and you could pay by via. Therefore we wasted an hour waiting on a queue at the ATM on town. We were also told some items ere unavailable on the breakfast menu but guests after us received those items.

The swimming pool. The location.

Overall pleased enough with the exception of the issues mentioned under 'didn't you like'.
    • Suite with Balcony

(1) RE WIFI A strong WIFI signal in our room is a basic requirement whenever we select our accommodation and was one of the reasons we chose this property. We were in one of 2 Executive suites on the 7th floor. From Day 1 we had WIFI issues and having taken a couple of measurements we averaged a speed of 0.2 MBs in our living area. This was just not acceptable. We raised this with staff who very really helpful and did all they could (rebooted router etc etc) to no avail We checked the strength of the signal beside the lift and the signal was averaging 16.5MBs. On investigation, we realised that the router on our floor was fitted outside the other executive room at the other end of the corridor (rather than at a central point). The further we walked from our front door into our suite the weaker the signal. Luckily we were able to get around this by setting up a our laptop near the front door and generating a 'hotspot' to reboot the WIFI signal throughout the suite. I'm not sure whether everyone is this savy and would have a laptop with them as we had. We checked the routers on the other floors as they were fitted in the same position so assume others have had the same problem as us. I seriously recommend that the hotel owners address this issue urgently as WIFI is an basic facility for a hotel of this calibre (2) RE Bathroom Fittings Fittings such as the tap, toilet roll holder etc. were all very loose and coming away from the surface to which they were attached. A simple review of the rooms and minor adjustments would correct this (3) RE Gym The machines in the basement gym are old, rarely used by guests and (having used the gym area myself over the stay) clearly not maintained. However when someone does use then (especially the stepper) the noise is penetrating/spine crumbling. One day we and other guests were eating breakfast whilst someone used the stepper.

Everyone at the front desk was extremely helpful and gave us accurate information to any queries raised. Overall happy enough with room other than the WIFI and a few minor points. Breakfast was basic but fine. Location is excellent for exploring the city and is only a short distance (3 kms) from the big restaurant zone in Palermo.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    • Suite with Balcony

The sofa bed on unit 201 is in pretty bad shape- it should be replace an or fixed. I rented 2 apartments so I got a feel for the overall options. I believer that the rooms could use a paint touch up. Extenders and adapters should be more readily available in the rooms. But overall all this was overcome for the staff's friendliness.

The staff starting by Lucas, Gabriel, Gaston and Estela were great! They were very friendly and helpful.

Amazing helpful staff and great location
    • Suite with Balcony

The location is great, it is a short walk to the metro station (Subte) that connects you easy with most of the main lines of the areas tourists normally want to visit. The staff go above and beyond to assist with queries and problems. Our onward flights was cancelled due to National strikes and protest and they assisted with phone calls and advice. We ended up staying 6 nights as we had to wait for connecting flights. The reception is 24 hours with each and everyone on duty willing to help and assist. They even gave us a metro card we can recharge and use. I would highly recommend this accommodation. The apartment is roomy, clean and you can request crockery if you want to prepare your own food.

For the price and location, it was perfectly adequate.
    • Suite with Balcony

While the common areas were pretty nice, the room itself was pretty run down. The bathrooms smelled a little. The street noise penetrated the room at night. The furniture wasn't that comfortable. Since we were out most of the time and sleep well, these weren't huge issues for us. If you plan to spend a lot of time in the room or are a light sleeper, this property could be problematic for you.

The selling point for this property is definitely the location. Great location in Recoleta. Close to restaurants, the cemetary, shops, bars, cafes, museums, parks, and transportation. Very friendly staff. Large apartment and a nice balcony.

Excellent staff and location with above average space but units are in need of serious maintenance
    • Suite with Balcony

The apartments are quite run down, in need of a serious refresh, especially the bathrooms, the paint, the curtains.

The reception staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. Kudos to Gaston, Guillermo and Luca! The location is excellent making it easy to walk in several directions to key sites. The unit was much larger than expected.

thank you Gaston for your professionalism
    • Suite

Bed and sofa no comfortable,

Gaston is the best man i never saw in any hotel in the world, always ready to serve the client, he is really fantastic man. Near the PARC,

On my next trip I will take a chance on a different hotel.
    • Suite with Balcony

This hotel really needs to be updated. The bathroom was especially bad. Also the kitchen was not equipped with much at all.

I liked the small balcony, the staff and the breakfast was fine. The neighborhood is also convenient.

Pleasant and quiet stay, good location
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The couch in my appartment was a bit old and not that comfortable. Nevertheless, that was the only flaw I could think of.

I liked that the conciërge stored my bag after checkout while i had to go outside for business and that the conciërge gave me some breakfast even though i was too early for breakfast (i had early business elsewhere)

A nice stay, but could have more option.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Toilet is a bit broken. With this price and without breakfast, I will prefer living in hotel. Not near to sightseeing place, but a good surrounding.

Staff is nice.

Staff is great and very helpful.

Breakfast choices daily.

No "eggs" were served. It would have been nice if there was some variation in the breakfast choices. It gets redundant after 2/3 days of exactly the same breakfast choices.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great place to stay with a family
    • Suite

Swimming pool too cold to swim.

Very nice and accomodating staff, comfortable place. We could even have a baby-sitter arranged for the evenings we wanted to go out without our kid.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Good choice!
    • Suite

I made the reservation and payment by booking.com, but I did not received the refund of the Argentine Tax (IVA) yet.The hotel staff did not explain how to proceed to get that money back.

The location is ver good. Rooms are confortable.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Suite

Location. Location. Location. Great for touring Buenos Aires. On the edge of Recoleta and Palermo. Nice safe area. Near subway, Museo de Belle Artes (which is free and has an awesome collection), and Recoleta Cemetery. We had a well laid out apartment with a nice balcony overlooking a tree-lined side street. Loved having the full kitchen as we were there for five nights and I cannot eat out that many days in a row. Nice to have breakfast included. Good wifi and BBC TV. Staff were amazing! Very helpful. Thank you Gaston and Guillermo.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Good room & amazing staff!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

There was quite a bit of noise from the hallway and the room above me but not too much to keep me from sleeping.

The staff went out of their way to help me arrange all kinds of practical things while I was setting up my new life in Buenos Aires. They were very flexible about my check-out date that I kept postponing. I felt at home rather than a guest! With the room I was very content as well. The bed was excellent. The noise from outside was minimal for Buenos Aires standards.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Staff excellent, helpful and English-speakers, a luxury in...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

No chairs, just high and uncomfy bar stools. Outlook terrible onto close apartments. Thins walls and everything can be heard in other rooms. Poor bathroom taps and door handles -- hard to turn on and off with wet hands and door handles cheap and nasty. Barely OK breakfast. Very poorly equipped kitchenette. No tea towel, no sharp knives, no openers ... the bare minimum of plates, glasses, mugs and knives and forks. Doesn't warrant the label apartment at all.

Staff excellent, helpful and English-speakers, a luxury in South America. Well-placed near two major museums and the Recoleta cemetery and tourist area.

Nice stay in Recoleta
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Staff didn't speak great English Shower pressure not great and water took a while to heat up and leaked all over the floor

Clean room Good breakfast Nice location Good wifi

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Nice neighbourhoood.

Some minor details of the building not properly mantained, toilet doors, or toilet seat, in particular.

Nice neighbourhoood. Good breakfast. Staff very helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Bad experience travelled with a baby
    • Suite with Balcony

Very bad hotel, bad apartment. Glass doors everywhere (even in the bathroom) not translucent but didn't separate the rooms. Bed Pillows and sofa were very uncomfortable. Noise and smelly room. Wifi didn't reach many parts of the apartment. Bad taste , bad quality. Brown water from the bathroom tap.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

The staff was attentive and concerned.
    • Suite

The bed was not comfortable, I found a hair on my pillow, the shower wasn't nice. The curtains and bedspread had a slight cigarette smell

The staff was attentive and concerned. They were very kind to us and our 1-year-old son. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Amazing location!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Room wasn't totally clean when we arrived. The balcony had an ashtray filled with cigarettes, and quilt had huge disgusting stains.. Was quite disappointed..

Amazing location! walking distance to all Recoleta and some attractions. Staff was really kind upon check-in!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Excellent Value and Service in the BEST area of Buenos Aires
    • Suite

The sofa bed was uncomfortable to sit on as a sofa. I don't know how it is as a bed. If you are from the USA, you may be less than enthusiastic about the breakfast. It is a typical Argentine breakfast. The OJ is not real. It is more like Tang. I am used to South American breakfast so I thought it was good. They had pastries, cold cuts, breads, fruit and cereals. Pleanty of teas and coffee too.

The staff was extremely helpful!! They made you feel like family! They greet you by name when you enter and always have time to answer questions and make recommendations. The room was clean and well appointed. I had to ask for pots and pans and kitchen supplies but they brought them right up. Just know, cooking items available upon request. I had such a great stay, I came back again!!

Never go back
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

nothing about this place.

Food was bad and they had the same breakfast every day. How about some variety.

Very welcoming.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Very welcoming. Comfortable. Clean, pleasant stay. And the staff make you feel at home.

Location & room size

Location & room size

very dissappointing
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

the price was more than we were told by booking . com. the balcony was very small with no furniture

the location was very good

not as expected

staff, service, internet connection

Average breakfast

Average breakfast

Good location to explore BsAs from.
    • Suite

Sofa bed in lounge area wasn’t very comfy to sit on.

Good location to explore BsAs from. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Great Recolata apartment
    • Suite with Balcony

A little maintenance is required.

Central location. Quiet area. Walking distance to restaurants and amenities.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They assisted us with all our restaurant bookings and gave advice on various travel issues.

• Suite with Balcony

Very poor breakfast and cooking facilities in the apartment

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Good location and very helpful staff. Property is not 4 star as mentioned in the Booking .com.
    • Suite

No Privacy facing the other apartment(s), Leaking AC, Breakfast was average, no water in the swimming pool

Very helpful Staff & good Location

Boutique comfort in great location
    • Suite with Balcony

Very spacious apartment, very good location, nice boutique atmosphere

marvellous place, very friendly staff, lovely apartment

everything was excellent

nice bed, wonderful staff

Bed is comfy.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

No slip avails in the room. No floor mat in the bathroom.

Bed is comfy.

Good location. Spacius apartments

Sofa bed Breakfast just right. Only sweet food

Location. Recoleta quite area. Balcony

Good value
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Gym very small and equipment old

All the staff was very good. Very kind and efficient when asked for help

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Great location, friendly staff
    • Suite

Great location, safe area, amazing front desk staff, close to public transportation, Recoleta cemetery, Art Museum.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Not as the pictures say
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The shower was leaking and the mirror broken.

The location was good

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The staff speak English quite well. They gave us a lot of information about interesting places.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

We like the staff, location, the cleaness...

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Prime location! Excellent staff! Would absolutely go back.
    • Suite

Staff extremely helpful, attentive and responsive to guests' needs. Prime location in Buenos Aires.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Closed to aeroport Jorge Newbery, very clean hotel, big room...

Small pool

Closed to aeroport Jorge Newbery, very clean hotel, big room with kitchen, excellent personal

Location, comfortable rooms.
    • Suite

Little space for breakfast.

Location, comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

A convienent apartment in a so pleasant neighbourhood
    • Suite with Balcony

Not so good breakfast, wifi - strength changing from one room to another.

Comfortable apartment in excellent location, and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

staff great and good location
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

the property is tired and needs an upgrade

staff great and good location

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Location - quiet and close to central avenues

No shutters. Threadbare towels. Room smelled of sewage (but so did the city....). Small not to say tiny bathroom

Location - quiet and close to central avenues

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

Great front desk employees.

The breakfast could have been better and the area is very quiet.

Great front desk employees. They helped arrange many things for us. Good room for semi self catering.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

clean, modern room

the staff refused to listen to my complaints regarding the upgrade of a room given to my travel companion, when I was the one who made the reservations. Although a safe location, it is a far walk to public transportation

clean, modern room

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

The location was perfect for us.

The breakfast was adequate but the coffee and hot water were not hot. It was difficult to brew a cup of tea.

The location was perfect for us. The staff was extremely helpful especially Frederick. We could not have asked for more. The recommendation of the Tango show was a highlight of our trip.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Staff spoke excellent English and were just SO helpful with...

The couch had seen better days. We didn't use it as a sleep sofa so no idea what that would be like.

Staff spoke excellent English and were just SO helpful with everything. Bed was large and comfy. AC worked well once we understood how to do the remote! One suggestion: have them write down the cross streets and nearby big street, to give to taxi drivers. Their street is small and we had several drivers who had no idea where it was.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Everything!

Breakfast was only average.

Everything!!! The staff was extremely nice and helpful and knowledgeable. Room was extremely quiet and comfortable. Location was excellent to major attractions to the city and to the aero parque. Great restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2015

Clean, spacious and attractive room, very helpful staff.

It was good to have a kitchenette in my room, but no pots/pans/cooking utensils were provided so I could use it. The 'gym' really needs some more equipment.

Clean, spacious and attractive room, very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

Location, breakfast.

Not enough cooking equipment, all that is included is kettle. Our room had broken taps and a faulty pipe in the bathroom which led to a puddle forming. When we informed the staff of this issue he simply said they were aware of it (unsure why we were sent to that room if the staff were aware it needed work). Bath towels had holes in them and were small.

Location, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

The room is very comfortable.

Breakfast is basic, could be improved for the price one pays. The WiFi connection is not the best in quality either.

The room is very comfortable. Over an hotel room, it has the plus of the kitchenette that is something precious in Recoleta to save some money. Location is good and the staff is very kind.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

Excellent location, excellent and friendly reception staff,...

nothing special

Excellent location, excellent and friendly reception staff, very nice and large rooms. Wi-fi. Self catering is a very good option. Fully equipped kitchen. Cloth cleaning nearby within same day. Breakfast could diversify from one day to another. Swimming pool very nice for kids but not usable because is very cold. I would say that hotel is very good because of the reception staff, room size and facility and location.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Very tasty breakfast, open until past 10am.

Very tasty breakfast, open until past 10am. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable and well decorated.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Very kind and friendly front desk service

Some problems with warm water quickly solved by the front desk.

Very kind and friendly front desk service

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

The location is good to everywhere !

The bathroom is too old. Sometime have problem with aire acondicion.

The location is good to everywhere !

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Location!

Location! Staff very friendly!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Courtesy and helpfulness of the staff, value, location, 1.

Courtesy and helpfulness of the staff, value, location, 1.5 bathrooms, and light breakfast.

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.