Reviews of Ker Recoleta Hotel & Spa 4 stars

Marcelo T. de Alvear, 1368, 1097 Buenos Aires, Argentina

#243 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

I will return to this hotel, the location is unbeatable and I felt very much at home.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room I got this time didn't have a street view. Since I spent most of my time outside the hotel it didn't matter that much.

The location is superb, the staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast is very good.

Worst breakfast experience ever!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Contrary to what the name suggests, the hotel is a few inches outside Recoleta. It's ok by me but beware that you may need to walk to reach the tourist attractions in the neighborhood. I did not have a view. From our room we could hear the air all the air conditioners, all day (and night) long so forget about opening the window. There's a pool but it's reservation only. So you will need to know in advance when you intend to relax there. In this hotel, I had the worst breakfast experience I've had so far. On the weekend the hotel was crowded and breakfast became a complete chaos: lots of people waiting everywhere in no particular order, too few tables and minimal space for circulation. People that were lucky enough to get a table had to wait even for a clean plate. Some people had just a cup of coffee at the bar and left, evidently bothered by the noise and the chaotic atmosphere. During a whole hour (because I decided to wait) no signs of a supervisor to at least handle a waiting list. (Note to hotel managers: I have pics, so do not even bother to explain)

It's not far from Microcentro and Recoleta.

The room was allright and big enough for one person.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked this hotel because there was a fitness centre in it. However, most of the machines were not working or falling apart. Also, the cleaning staff entered the room while there was a 'please do not disturb' card on it. I think I paid a high price for this hotel due to the fact that it did not met my expectations.

The room was allright and big enough for one person. There were a lot of choices with regard to the breakfast - however, most of them were cake, croissants and other sweet things. The location of the hotel was very central to everything!

Dissapointed with KER Recoleta
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff on reception very uninterested and one guy imparticular acts like your an inconvenience. Bath water is a yellow colour. Rooms very noisy. Breakfast orange juice is the cheapest powdered product I've ever tasted.

Nice central location

Location was good, bed comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

All facilities were a bit old and tired. Taps in the bathroom were leaking. Sauna and jacuzzi very disappointing. They also forgot to do my room on the second day!

Location was good, bed comfortable.overall ok for the price in a central location.

Very nice hotel, wonderful location, ligth big room with 2...
    • Executive Double Room

The bed consisted of the 2 parts and one of them was more old and low, but we slept as angels after whole days of walking.

Very nice hotel, wonderful location, ligth big room with 2 large wardrobes, comfortable bathroom with bath, very clean and extremely quiet! We liked this place very much! The best breakfast we had in Argentina (mostly sweet but we like this type). Staff is adequate and helpful. SPA - we never used, can't say anything.

Very comfortable place in a good location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great breakfast but lunch and dinner Poot and expensive. Plenty of hidden charges in room service All can be solved because there are plenty of nice restaurants around

Location, staff , cleanliness and size of room

Great location...room not as luxurious as I thought
    • Deluxe Double Room

View from our room was not as we’d have expected...looks over to another room hence making room dark. Jacuzzi water not hot enough. Only scrambled eggs for 4* hotel...extra if you want fried / boiled eggs! Are eggs so much of a commodity??!!

Great location near main sights, swimming pool, wifi strong and beds comfortable...although did not bother to clean our room the 2nd day of our stay!

Excellent location for walking around Buenos Aires!
    • Executive Double Room

The location of this hotel was fantastic. We were within walking distance of many sights, and were close to the subway for longer distances. With the exception of one reception staff member, the staff here are incredible. We were welcomed with warmth and genuine concern for our comfort. Cecilia went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and was exceptional in her knowledge and willingness to help. It was a welcome relief to have staff able to help us in English. There is a great pizzeria, nearby, and we were within a comfortable walk to a fantastic steak house: Buenos Aires Grill.

Bed was nice indeed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We have had a terrible cigaret smell problem for first three days of our stay. Somebody on our floor was smoking. Instead of being concerned with our comfort, hotel staff was more preoccupied by finding out who was smoking so that they could fine them! As per the solution to the problem, they were spraying deodorants in the hallway, instead of moving us to a different room. We managed to get a room on a different floor only on the fourth day. And also, "Spa" part is a stretch. Pool is not really a "swimming pool" - tiny. And there sauna was off at 12:30 even though their Spa facilities were supposed to be open from 10 (we had to wait half an hour for sauna to warm up). So, be careful! But, in principle this is our general experience with hotels in South America.

Bed was nice indeed.

Outdated hotel but nice staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

On arrival BUGS IN BED -:( horror story was moved to another room then moved the next day to another room - Staff accommodating but the hotel IS NOT A FOUR STAR - why?: The general maintenance is seriously weak all bedroom furniture tatty bathroom tired- floors not washed properly - No kettle in room the door frame was falling off the TV had to be changed the Spa /pool a joke. you have to walk through the restaurant to get to it , the gym again terrible all outdated - I feel that hotels and apartments in general in Buenos Aires should be checked out by booking.com as the photos on the internet DO not reflect the reality of the establishments -

Breakfast OK and a comfy bed

Stay was good, transfer not
    • Deluxe Double Room

We ordered airport transfer, in the morning it was late (for me and my friends) and my girlfriend that was flying in the evening didn’t get it at all and had to catch a taxi with a heavy bag from the street, the staff was not very friendly and helpful

Location Nice jacuzzi

Very nice time
    • Deluxe Double Room

Pool area was not quite as good as picture made it out to be, Gym was basically unusable , Nothing worked, It was very outdated unfortunately .

Perfect Location, Incredible Staff, Very helpful , Really had a nice time here .

Ok hotel but would not repeat

The facilities are a bit old and could definitely be much cleaner. The room was ok but the food in the mini fridge had gone off months ago.

The staff was very kind and helpful, the location is really good and the breakfast was lovely.

Good value for money
    • Family Room

The rooms were noisy and dated. Could have been cleaner too. Our air-conditioning leaked a lot of water as well

The staff were very friendly. Location was excellent for exploring the city

Pretty good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lighting in bathroom was poor, no coffee pot in room or way to make coffee or tea, elevators slow, need more main items for breakfast,not so many sweets.

Bed was comfortable, room was a good size, staff at desk were helpful. Great location.

Don't bother
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were initially given a noisy room (air conditioners another machinery could be heard. The room was old and run down. The towels had stains on them. The breakfast was terrible, there was no where to sit and hygiene was an issue. There were no instructions on how to use the safe and when I rang for assistance I was advised someone would come in the next five minutes 2 hours later no one came.

Decent price for central Buenos
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is well outdated and not sure why it has four stars, possibly it was a nice hotel 10-15 years ago. The bedsheets and towels were washed to a low standard, grey old towels from what it was suppose to be white (4*). The cleanliness could be improved.

The location is good, close the town centre. Also small pool available, staff was helpful and polite. Breakfast had a very good selection.

The staff at the reception was very friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel was busy so we got a relatively small room towards the inner court. Therefore, the room was dark and there was quite some noise from the aircondtionings.

The staff at the reception was very friendly. Facilities clean. Breakfast.

Great location, fair hotel.
    • Executive Double Room

Was a bit freaked out by the broken window in my room. A few small changes (e.g. new towels and bed linen) could make this place a lot better, but as it stands I found it not excellent value for money.

The location is excellent and the bed was very comfy.

If we go to Buenos Aires again we will stay there again.
    • Executive Double Room

The rooms are comfortable with Aircon and good beds. The furniture is a bit dated.

The breakfasts gave a good choice and they had a bar and restaurant. The staff were marvellous and helped so much with advice and guidance. The location is excellent, just one block from Santa Fe which is like Oxford Street.

Nice stay.
    • Executive Double Room

The breakfast buffet was very weird and heavy in sugar, not quite worthy of a four-star hotel. Our room was also dark as it didn't really have a window and the bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

Enjoyed the bubble bath in the room, the size of the room and bathroom and the staff! The king size bed was also very comfortable. The pool, jacuzzi and sauna were very nice, especially as they aren't too crowded because you need to book a time slot to go with the reception which makes sure there aren't too many people.

A good base
    • Executive Double Room

The private car to the National Airport thay offer to us was too expansive. Much better a taxi. We ask for an espresso and cappuccino during breakfast and the waiter doesn't tell us that we had to pay for it. Note: waiter didn't speak english...another problem (very common in Argentina).

Rich breakfast, clean rooms, good position, good relation price/quality

The location is excellent, our room was spacious and fitted...

We stayed from Friday to Sunday and on Saturday our room was not cleaned. I understand that during the morning they had to prepare rooms for new guests, but in the afternoon the cleaner knocked while we were using the room, and did nothing during all the hours we were away and left a notice at the door.

The location is excellent, our room was spacious and fitted with comfortable beds. A variety of regional specialties were offered for breakfast. A member of our party had an excellent massage at the spa. Staff at the reception desk were kind and efficient; so were staff at restaurant.

Bad and without hygiene
    • Executive Double Room

ENGLISH Our stay at KER Recoleta was marked by several problems: - We arrived at 5am and a baby of 1 year and a half crying of sleep. Our check in was at 2pm. But I chose to go in at 5am and pay a new one. The clerk informed us that there was no vacancy and that there was nothing that could be done by listening to a very loud song from Rock. We all sat on the couch watching several guests leaving and I wondered about the humanity of this people. Why did not 8am clean an accommodation and stay with us if I wanted to pay for it? Lastly, only 1pm we finally checked in and went to rest. - The internet is very bad! End our patience because it has no continuity. Connect and Disconnect all the time. Do not count on her to work. - In the bathroom something very strange to contain expenses: soap in sinks suitable for sinks! That's right, you're going to bathe and have to keep going and come across the wall to push the button and get soap or shampoo! Here I have a question: Who guarantees our safety if any previous host places a substance that causes damage to our health? "The bizarre thing was a scene I saw on the restaurant counter. My baby likes orange juice, but I always serve it with a straw. When I went to ask for it at the counter, an employee was finishing washing one already used! She was ashamed and gave me an already dry one !!! Guys, after she gave it to me, I went to look at that recycled straw. At least what I got was all bitten and crushed !! I found this very bizarre !! Where are the food safety and health issues ??? Disposable items are disposable ... - Lastly, I never stay at this hotel again and I do not recommend it to anyone !!! _____________________ PORTUGUÊS Nossa estadia no KER Recoleta foi marcada por diversos problemas: - Nós chegamos as 5am c uma bebe de 1 ano e meio chorando de sono. Nosso check-in eram as 2pm. Mas optei por entrar as 5am e pagar uma nova diária.

The cleanliness of the room was extremely dissapointing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was dirty. From 4 pillow covers only one was clean. Sheets were clean but the pillow covers had been used by the previous guest. There was still toothpaste from the previous guest on the sinck and it was overall not cleaned thorougly. Honestly very disapointing. Lobby and restaurant where very clean.. I gave some laundry insisting on the fact that it needed to be returned the same day as I had to leave at 7 am. It didn't came back and I asked the eventing receptionist if he could make sure to have it back before 7 am. Unfortunally when he left service he didn't inform his colleague and my clothes where not returned on time. I had to leave without. The new receptionist at checkout did is utmost best but as he wasn't informed by his coleaugue he couldn't solve the issue on time. I was offered to send my clothes to Belgium. We managed to agree that the room would not be charged until I have my clothes back. The laundry will not be charged at all. Now I will have to make a stop over at Buenos Aires before returning to Belgium to collect my clothes and pay the room. But at least the receptionist and the manager came with a fair solution. The receptionist at checkout was very helpfull and friendly.

The receptionist at check out was very friendly and probleem solving.

Would never stay here again; save yourself the trouble and book your stay with Amérian hotels
    • Executive Double Room

Service from front desk was atrocious--Cecilia is the only person that competent in terms of accommodating requests. Others were clearly rude and self-centered; not a friendly nor welcoming staff for business travelers. Also, breakfast seating was extremely limited & they even ran out of clean plates and mugs for all one day. Completely unprofessional.

location was the most convenient

The bed was the stand out feature.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The accommodation was tidy enough, but there was little attention to detail. The bathroom was lacking useful things such as a robe holder and toiletries could of been more generous. The shower power was ridiculous. Overall the hotel requires a general renovation, especially to the spa area. The pool felt unclean and the lighting was poor. The sauna is dated and cramped. The washroom facilities were again disappointing for a 4star hotel. The breakfast was average, with the fruit drinks being of especially low quality. 3 stars max!

The bed was the stand out feature.

The pics they show on the site are not the same .
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pics they show on the site are not the same ... small hotel , small rooms, small bathroom. No facilities at all. Terrible place for a swimmimg pool . You have to cross the restaurant with no towels or robes😬

• Executive Double Room

the hotel is super cheap. furniture and design super old. terrible wifi connection in the room and the lights were flickering all over the corridors.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

very good hotel, very bad payment process

the check our process. They ask us to photocopy our credit cards (both sides) and we refused, of course. Because of that we did not have an important discount. This was, for us very irregular

the bedroom and the location

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Tourist trap for the unwary - bad, bad, bad - and this is not La Recoleta
    • Deluxe Double Room

First of all, the name tries to trick into thinking this will be in La Recoleta. It is not. How dishonest. It began with the guy at the front desk making a copy of my credit card. He said it was the "law". Strange, though, because my previous hotel did not of that in the same situation...It got me worried... The hotel has a hot shower, but no water pressure. Has breakfast, but not even decent ham. It was Wi-Fi, but it doesn't work. It has lunch, but it was disgusting. It has cable tv, not really (no international news channel, no channels with original audio, only stupid Argentinian channels where they argue endlessly about football), it has a stereo in the room, but no batteries, it has two lamps, but one doesn't work, so the room is too dark. Do you get the picture? The room had a horrible smell coming from the toilet. The toilet was not thoroughly cleaned! Someone had vomited on it previously, and there were "trace amounts" of it, shall we say...(not to mention forgetting towels and toilet paper).

Location. Easy access to Puerto Madero, microcentro and Aeroparque Jorge Newbery. Staff was nice to hold on to luggage until it was time to head for the airport.

Awful surprise!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything else. Far from being a spa.. My room was dark and the wifi was terrible. The room next to mine was being reformed, so as I opened the door a awful smell of paint could be felt. Breakfast is basic. After 8am, reforms begun everyday, making sleep beyond that impossible. Furthermore, rooms ae old and urgently need reform.

Location and staff.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Aging hotel needs a major overhaul
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is not kept up. The elevators can only hold 3 people at a time and when I tried to take the stairs, they were dark and blocked by a pile of housekeeping equipment. The breakfast was very poor.

The staff is very friendly, responsive and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Great breakfast, lots of amenities.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hot tub was nice, but didn't get very hot, and the water was a bit dirty. Pool only has 4 lounge chairs, which are always taken, and isn't enough for 14 floors of guests.

Nice budget hotel. Buffet breakfast was great, rooms were spacious and clean. Very comfortable. Sauna was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Nice clean hotel and easy to walk to sights and restaurants.

The jacuzzi was filthy; the water was brown and gross. I was looking forward to using the pool based on the pictures. However, the pool was very cloudy and desperately needed cleaning. Very disappointing.

The hotel (other than the pool and jacuzzi) was very clean and friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Good value & great location!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not much of a view (window of the room across) & the swimming pool was quite small and crowded. At times, some items at breakfast were running out and not always replaced. 3 outages due to weather (not really their fault but the last one lasted almost 30min... in the dark with no air con). When the cleaning lady came in the afternoon, she insisted on doing the room so we had to leave... a bit awkward.

Location was great (near many bus lines and sightseeing) and staff very helpful (they suggested and booked a tango show for us). The king size bed was awesome! The bedroom is a good size too and wifi worked well. Good variety for breakfast - overall, good value for money.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

This hotel steals your money
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Ker Recoletta Spa & hotel is tired and old. The food is awful. But the main problem is that 1 month later they are taking money out of my account still without my permission!? Despite the fact that I have statements to show I paid them when I left the residence in November. Because I used my card to pay and therefore 'gave them my details' I am having to dispute this alone without the help of my bank. They have taken £123 from me the week before Christmas. Do not stay here, do not give them your card details, do not trust this hotel!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Equipe de check-in excelente !
    • Deluxe Double Room

Equipe de check-in excelente !!! Principalmente a Gabriella e Matias !!

Staff, Restaurant and good was fantastic
    • Deluxe Double Room

Sauna is small and dated.

Staff, Restaurant and good was fantastic

It´s more of a 3-star than a 4-star hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Weak wifi in the room; overcrowded breakfast; rooms not soundproof; white lights in the room; low ceiling in the room

Clean big rooms, comfortable beds.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast, to much sweet stuff. Looked more like a dessert buffé. The sauna didnt work.

Clean big rooms, comfortable beds.

Too much noise between rooms. Internet didnt work in my room for 1 day.

Hidden Gem in Recoleta!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Ideal location for exploring the city, incredibly helpful staff and amazing breakfast

Best thing about the hotel is the bed and pillows☺️, the...
    • Executive Double Room

It needs a little revamp around the whole hotel.

Best thing about the hotel is the bed and pillows☺️, the room is big and comfortable.

It is not fancy, but it is clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything looks and feels old.

Shower pemperature and pressure are very good.

Cecelia was very helpful and friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Cecelia was very helpful and friendly. She goes out of her way to please and find the answers for you.

Location and staff makes the difference.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location and staff makes the difference.

very nice hotel

very nice hotel

Location was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Late check out not available. Pool not clean enough

Location was great. Breakfast excellent

Pool, normal bed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Brekfest in weekday with out meet and natural juice, but in weekend is a good brekfest. In pool need a repair entry key.

Pool, normal bed. Good staff.

Enjoyed my time here, Very relaxed.

Elevators are Sloooooooooow

Nice well located hotel, Great staff.

Good location,value for money accommodation.

bathroom old.

Complimentary breakfast.

Holiday

Friendly staff, good facilities

Great value
    • Executive Double Room

Slow elevator, would appreciate vegetables for breakfast

Great location, helpful staff, comfortable bed, pleasant room

Best location, very comfortable

Best location, very comfortable

Reall good location, nice and comfy room and the spa was...

Nothing to complain

Reall good location, nice and comfy room and the spa was great too!

• Executive Double Room

Spa facilities disappointing; whilst some staff were helpful, others were bordering on dismissive.

The rooms were spacious and location good.

Poor.
    • Executive Double Room

Spa. Gym. Not clean, mould in the bathroom. Bad smell in one of the three rooms.

Adecuate
    • Family Room

Maintenance could have been better

The location, the friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

this place needs a clean up

dirty obsolete

reception staff very friendly

Great location and good rooms
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room size and facilities as well as location.

Anything

The pictures on line are so much different from realiti. The bathroom is terrible, the hotel does not look clean at all

Nice bedroom and breakfast was excellent

Nice bedroom and breakfast was excellent

• Executive Double Room

Poor breakfast (almost nothing without sugar)

Great location. Value for money.

Bad shower, bathroom was a little dirty.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bad shower, bathroom was a little dirty.

Helpful staff.
    • Executive Double Room

Helpful staff. Allowed us to store luggage between trips to other destinations

Recomendable 100%

Excelente !

Check out is a bit too early and didn't allow for us to...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Check out is a bit too early and didn't allow for us to visit the SPA

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

super comport

super comport

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Nice staff but faulty electric wiring
    • Deluxe Double Room

The electrics in the lower floors are old and blue our power converter. Not able to use our electronics from Canada

Location,
    • Deluxe Double Room

Computers at the lobby doesnt work, the rooms are ok.

Location,

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Excellent value for money

All very good

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Nice hotel and value to money
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower is not good only little water from shower.

Nice staffs , warm welcome and not far ftom main street.

Browse Ker Recoleta Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery