Reviews of Callao Plaza Suites

Avenida Callao, 930, Recoleta, 1023 Buenos Aires, Argentina

#338 of 368 Holiday rentals in Buenos Aires

6.2

Quiet apartment building with a nice room, pool, and value.
    • Standard Studio

Doormen at the building you stay in are old grumpy dudes who speak no English. WiFi was slow. Check in is in a building a block away so be ready to carry your bags in the heat for 10 minutes.

Simple and easy. Clean, huge room.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

A shady un-serviced apartment, faulty/risky electricals, a scam.
    • Standard Studio

I called Booking.com to complain and they asked me to send videos of the "services not available as per the listing" but my wife couldn't capture the disgusting experience on one video unfortunately. She was crying every night while on the phone, the problem there are not humans to talk to or complaint, i called the phone number and lady hanged up then didnt pick up later! WARNING: This is not a hotel, its not safe. I think its a scam, you book on the website then they tell you have to check-in somewhere else!, and you end up in what i can call at best a bad quality "un-serviced apartment" with faulty electrical and stuck door lock. I didnt actually finish the problems we faced in just one week, there are more..

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The name of the person who tried to mend the failures of...
    • Standard Studio

I asked for a high floor flat facing the street and I was given a dark first floor facing the back of the building. Part of the kitchenware was insufficient and unacceptable, ready only to be put in the bin. I was promised to be moved to a good flat on the 4th floor and "suddenly" this one wasn't available. Finally I shortened my stay with this people to put an end of two days of wrong management.

The name of the person who tried to mend the failures of this company is Richard and I want to mention his incomparble good disposition making all the efforts to solve the problems that turned on due to a merge of two enterprises that was going on at the moment.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Is a danger place to stay!!
    • Standard Studio

Was a very danger the elevator isn't working properly. The second day I have to inform to the manager that 1) my windows doesn't close it was broken. 2) the neighbor are living pemanently there so, they go to bed everyday after 3am. You can hear everything papers wall 3) the elevator is very danger don't work properly I been trap out of the elevator in the floor #9 for more than 15 minutes Saturday night where is a very limited space no emergency exit and I had to opened the elevator's door to shout somebody sent me it. So scary. All the time you need to call the security in reception to he can send the lift to your floor. No fire extintor in the stairs. This place should be no working is a very danger place in case of fire. I considerate to make a complain in the police station. They need inspection I will do now because I am safe out of it. I have to mention I never complain about things, I am very easy person. but, when is term of safe life is matter.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Good price but can improve the quality of the service with little improves.
    • Standard Studio

The clean service did not do nothing really, really bad. The pool was dirty, full of plastic bags. Cook in the room is a bad idea because the smell keep all the days in the room. We request a change for the curtain but never happens, because the one in the room did not cover fully the windows and did not help to prevent the sun to get heat in the room, all day you have sun and the room get hot the air conditioner is not enough.

The attention from Richard was excellent. The kindness of the concierge. In the middle of everything to go around.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Over all not a good stay would probably try another Apart Hotel next time!
    • Standard Studio

We froze the windows did not close tight and the wind was blowing in you could see the curtains moving it was a south wind and there was no blankets to put on the bed. No hair dryer in the WC.The day time door man with a bit of white hair at the front desk in the lobby was as an Argentine would say “antipatico”.

Good location apart hotel with parking the parking is expensive you can park down the street for $50 pesos less but we paid because of the convenience. We stayed here various times before when it was hot outside the air-conditioned worked great cant say the same about the heat we froze the windows did not close tight and the wind was blowing in you could see the curtains moving it was a south wind and there was no blankets to put on the bed. No hair dryer in the WC. And the day time door man with a bit of white hair at the front desk in the lobby was as an Argentine would say “antipatico”. We also had to wait ½ hour at check in because there was some one else checking in even do there was two staff and various computers to use. Over all not a good stay would probably try another Apart Hotel next time.

Callao Plaza
    • Standard Studio

Tranquilo, equipado y confortable. Para recomendar

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

the gym was non existent and covered in flies spiders and...

the gym was non existent and covered in flies spiders and had 1 piece of equipment in a room about 30 square meters. The treadmill was destroyed on the floor and it was the most pathetic thing I've seen. The swimming pool had no water in it. The drawers in the room were broken and the toilet nearly came off the floor.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2015

The pool is beautiful.

I mentioned no changing of bed linen. Disgusting. The kitchenette had no toaster, no oven. Only two burners. No door on the v. Small freezer in the small refrigerator.

The pool is beautiful. But, because of tall buildings, sun only 4 or 5 hours. Subtre (metro) stops on D & B lines are close. There was always hot water.

Browse Callao Plaza Suites traveller photo gallery