Reviews of Exe Hotel Colón 4 stars

Carlos Pellegrini, 507, C1009ABK Buenos Aires, Argentina

#342 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel rooms are a little old and in need of some maintenance. Out shower needed a new washer on the hot tap that was fixed the next day. However there was a slow water leak in the bathroom floor that was not fixed when were there. Also the curtain would not open.

The Hotel has excellent location and a great buffet breakfast and very good and pleasant staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room smells weird, the carpet is so old, the wall and roof paint is falling down, the bathroom is incredibly so old, the air conditioner doesn’t work, the WiFi connection is so poor and the pictures on internet does not correspond to reality. Actually it is a decadent hotel...

There are only 2 good things at the hotel: the breakfast and its location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel recommended driver dropped us off at wrong airport terminal. He only asked our destination and we didn’t think to confirm the airlines. A LONG walk from Terminal A to Terminal C proved too much for my 83 year old father. NEVER ASSUME!

Location, cleanliness, condition of hotel and breakfast

• Classic Double Room with City View

Property not renewed and advertising it not showing the real situation of the building!

The property is not as is shown in the pictures! It's old and it wasn't remodeled or upgraded.There is mold in the walls or stains in the carpet. However it was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful!

• Standard Single Room

Found a cockroach in room, very poor internet connection, musty smell, dirty carpet, damp stains on walls and ceiling. A warning poster in elevator informs that the hotel is not responsible or any properties left in room! Had to change after one night and lucky I did not get sick!

Location, breakfast

We were shown 3 rooms when sharing our dissatisfaction with the first room we were given. All of them smelt bad, with no air conditioning, dirty, and badly maintained. The worst rooms I've ever seen, and no way near the photos in booking.com, and no way near a 4-star rating!

The only good thing is the location, and views of the Obelisco. But you would be more comfortable sleeping in the street!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms was old paint falling off the walls , smelled bad, beds and pillows was hard. The rooms needs remodeled. I would not stay there again ever.

The staff and location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor wifi in the rooms. i was not assisted to carry my luggage to and from the room, very thin blanket yet it was very cold at times

the croissants were very tasty. Room cleaned well

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It is a very old & dirty hotel it smelt the first room we were given was wet carpet the cupboard for your clothes was very damp patches of mildew all in it. We had no fire sprinklers in the room & when you stay on the 9th for not good.

We didn’t like anything much except the location Was good & breakfast fine but to rate this hotel as a 4 is ridiculous.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no air conditioning working!!! when I complained to reception they said it was the same for the whole hotel. offered to put me in another room with 2 windows, (I declined as it was on the second floor and the 10th floor was too noisy with the window opened.) I asked to see the Manager and was told he did not work on site (maybe thats why service is so poor) but that he would be there in an hour. I asked for him to contact me when he arrived, Still waiting. I wrote an email to the parent company EXE hotels, No reply would I recommend NO definitely not

the breakfast was adequate, the location was good but noisy.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the Air conditioning didn't work, the room was uncomfortably hot, if you opened the window it was uncomfortably noisy. I made complaints about this to reception and they said it was the same in the whole hotel and could offer no assistance so I asked to speak with the manager, he apparently doesn't work on site (that explains the poor service). He was due on site in an Hour after I asked to speak with him, they said he would contact me ( i'm still waiting) wrote an email to exe hotels head office complaining about the situation, No response!! Booking.com should not allow them to continue to advertise their hotel as air conditioned as it certainly makes them in breach of Australian laws

breakfast was good and they stored our bags when we went away for 2 days

• Classic Double Room with City View

The rooms were extremely outdated,. The furniture was old, ripped, smelled funny. The rug was very old and had stains on it. The bed was most definitely uncomfortable. It felt hard springy and worn. The air conditioner didn't work the whole time I was there. Plus the room had a overall molding smell to it.

The location was excellent. You were able to navigate many different parts of the city easily from where I stayed.

• Standard Single Room

The Hotel is getting busier and even though the staff worked hard it is evident they need more people at the front desk. The overall hotel facility may need an upgrade.

The hotel staff, the best and the breakfast is good too

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioner did not work, I asked fot another room and they said the whole hotel had the same problem. The hotel is old and does not smell good in some areas.

Breakfast was fine. Staff was friendly.

• Quadruple Room

This place really is in need of updating. Carpets old and dusty, bath enamel peeling off, rooms dark and brown. Corridor walls patched and dirty. Our corridor was smelly. Wifi not great. window in our room on the 11 th floor had no child proof restraint. No tea making facilities in the rooms. This is not 4 star accomodation and other than the location, I could not in good faith recommend this place to anyone.

5 star location

• Standard Single Room

My room was hot. The air conditioning didn't work to my standards. Also it was difficult to connect to the WiFi.

I love the location. It was on a busy street. Also near great restaurants.

• Quadruple Room

Out dated furniture. The room had mould. And had a damp smell

The room had a damp smell. The furniture was out dated and the air conditioning made a noise.Was not impressed.

• Executive Queen Suite with Terrace

The bed is really old and the springs like already used up. And the bathup in the bathroom doesnot have a lid to close. So i cannot soaked inside. The carpet is old and dirty need to be replaced or at least cleanedddd (a good thouroughly steamed cleaning)

I like the position of the hotel and the balcony to see the streets

Please see above

I would like to file a formal complaint. The room we were but in was in deplorable condition and was not at all like the photographs the hotel has posted on your website. We arrived late at night so had no choice but to stay the night (so we checked out the next day). The reservation was originally for 4 nights - when we checked out early they charged us approximately US$195 because evidently the 1st night was more expensive (the total price for 4 nights was confirmed at US$338) The room was worse than a hostel experiment. The hotel is listed at 4 stars which is completely inaccurate. I have taken photos which I am willing to send to you.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old and veing kept in poor conditions of maintenance. I felt betrayed by what the hotel said it would offered once the booking was made and by what it really offered once I was there. Breakfast is regular to poor; staff is thoughtful and gentle but I don't know if it's sufficient to counterbalance all the things the hotel lack.

The facilities shown on the website once the booking was made, weren't the ones offered once I got there. I felt deceived.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very run down and certainly not four star. The rooms smelled of disinfectant and mould. Carpets very stained, mattress grossly stained so I slept on towels, mould on ceilings and curtains, electrical outlets open with wires showing, cracked walls, architraves falling off. ..Really needs total renovation. You can see it was a grand old lady once. Sad to see.

The breakfast was good, lots of pastries etc. Some of the staff were very friendly, especially the lady who cleaned my room. You were very central and easy to get to centre of town.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfasts could be slighly reacher.

Incredibly helpful staff. Even if speaking english poorly, they are doing their best to communicate and help with transportation etc.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room smelt damp and decor falling apart Deep dirty stains in carpets Need lights on for power points to use and charge devices...not good if you need to sleep

Staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked for a room with a view. What view did we get? A big concrete wall !!!! The worst view I have seen in a hotel room. We asked for another room but were told That it wasn't possible. The eye sore view was a dirty and old concrete building.

Location and the breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

WiFi VERY slow and limited to the floor you are on which means it does not work in the lobby or at breakfast. WiFi frequently not working at all. Unlimited number of devices can be connected though.

Excellent location. Good breakfast. Room well used and need an upgrade. Good walue for money overall.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I explained we changed to Novotal

location the best there is in BA but hotel run down, computers don't work, lifts now and then and hotel needs an upgrade

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No wifi (as promised), mold on the curtains, no outlets to charge phone and/or use laptop for work... only one in the bathroom, making it very difficult. No hot water.

The view and the breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff at check in were disinterested and gave us a room which was utterly disgusting. Lamp shade held together with sticky tape, air con not working, big chunks of plaster missing from walls, bathroom very grubby, no wifi. Next room no better. Third room, after a public argument with front desk, acceptable.

Not much. Perhaps breakfast which was good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room small. Appears that no attempt made at maintenance. Door of minibar didn't close & no repair undertaken when staff informed. Bathroom fittings missing. Wifi patchy.

Excellent location in centre. Very good breakfast choice, including hot food but coffee & orange juice poor.

• Classic Double Room with City View

The wifi was terrible. The room as seen better days and looked so much different from the one advertised. We booked the one with the view to the obelisco. The paint in the room and bathroom was falling apart. We canceled the other reservation we had for this hotel at the end of our trip.

The location was great, right near the Obelisco and close to restaurants. And the view from the room was as advertised.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room had view to the center of the building only pipes,furniture old and a missing nighttable,everything old need update

Breakfast was good,front desk people gentle,location the best

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a door from my room into another persons room. I could hear everything from that room, talk, television, toilet and see the ligth.

The place is old and in drastic need of major renovations, doors don't shut, toilets don't flush, wallpaper coming off, paint flaking. Doors to elevators close so fast almost cut you in two.

Fantastic location, right in the heart of the city overlooking the obelisk Beds were comfortable, staff try their hardest given what they have to work with.

• Classic Double Room with City View

I love architecture and so glad to stay here.

If ever in Buenos Aires again will choose this hotel from premium location to nostalgic age. We loved everything about this hotel with exception being internet service...but hey I was on vacation! It is old world feel at a great location and very well maintained considering age. The breakfast is as good as you will get and the staff always ready to help. My son even fixed their internet upon arrival...simple reboot of router in hall but it failed regularly.

• Standard Triple Room

Location, Location, Location. It is literally next to Obelisco and so easy to access everywhere. I was so glad to choose this hotel for my stay. Great value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is not worth money or its stars at all. Room was small, old, totally uncomfortable. Registration process is extremely suspicious- they write down all the credit card details, including CVC code, as they said “for warranty”. I guess this was the reason that the bank did not let through the payment upon check-out - their merchant account seems to be already fraud-tagged. Fortunately, I had cash to pay at check-out. Weird.

Location is good

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a little bit outdated, require remodeling but close proximity to everything pays off.

Located in the heart of Buenos Aires, near obelisk, hotel is within walking distance to pedestrian streets with many restaurants/parillas/bars, close to many attractions. The breakfast is very good with variety of pastries, fresh fruits. Receptionists were very helpful with giving information about city attractions, maps, guidebooks etc. Our flight out was late and they stored our luggage.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel pictures on the internet was nothing like what we seen paint peeling off around the windows bathroom door would not close the desk was falling from the wall curtains dirty. I was ringing reception but no one was answering I ended up going down stairs to speak to them.

Sight seeing around the city Breakfast was great in the hotel

• Classic Double Room with City View

I am glad I could be moved to another and quieter room, as the ones overlooking the 9 de Julio Avenue was so noisy, I could barely sleep the first night. The location is great, near to all the shopping streets and the underground station, the obelisk, a Carrefour supermarket across the 2 big avenues, etc. the staff was polite, internet connection excellent, breakfast delicious. The room itself was clean, had all that a 4-star hotel room would need. The hotel is quite dated though, it almost screams for renovation. But I will not put this as a dislike, as I was overall very happy with my stay there and very thankful for the room change opportunity and the hotel despite of being quite old / dated was still fine to me. I also noticed that the majority of hotels in Buenos Aires are equally dated and in a need of renovation, don't know why they don't just do something about it, but it seems to be a trend there.

• Classic Double Room with City View

Old rooms, walls paper thin. Every conversation could be heard. No hot water this morning. Wifi appalling. Traffic continues with people outside laughing and talking until 3 am.

Breakfast was included but nothing special. Convenience

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I DIDN`T LIKED - ANYTHING EXCEPT BREAKFAST.

# LIKED NOTHING ABOUT THIS HOTEL. STAFF IN RECEPTION DON`T EVEN BOTHER TO PICK UP THE CALLS BEING DONE FROM THE ROOMS AND ALWAYS GIVES EXCUSES. # ROOMS ARE VERY DIRTY. # RECEPTION STAFF IS VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD. # NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE TO STAY IN. BUT THE LOCATION OF HOTEL IS GOOD.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception desk was very busy most of the time and seems to be understaff especially at checking and checkout periods. The air condition units and the rooms need upgrading. It is an older building.

Bed linen where good and bathroom towels very good and stains free. The lady(ies) taking care of room were cordial. The location was great for us to access all points of interest. Good restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Quadruple Room

The wifi only worked outside the room in the elevator lobby and the air conditioner in the room did not work. Although the hotel staff was willing to help with the latter situation, the wifi just did not work and the lack of air conditioning made the room very hot and uncomfortable at night.

I liked how the staff was very accommodating to our issues that were going on and the location of the hotel was amazing.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Terrible Wi-Fi when you need it. Poor air conditioning. Looking tired. Never a four star hotel please staff. There was some unsafe electrics.

Good location for everything.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Too old the ac didn’t work well; not sure if sheets were clean; they accidentally gave my room to another guest and he came in while I was taking a shower; the entrance only has stairs (no ramps) so it’s quite annoying when you have luggage and inconsiderate for people who are in wheelchairs.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Doesn't look like the photo's, it was dirty, small, very old.. The room was extremely noisy, right above a huge outdoor ventilator? Airco didn't work well..

Location is ok, bed is fine

• Quadruple Room

The wi-fi would not work in the bedroom,even though we complained and they sent someone to have a look at it,the problem wasn't solved. We were a bit disapointed that the air-conditioner in the double bedroom wouldn't work but the one in the kids room was fine. Good value for money but i'm not sure we would stay there again. How hard is it to get internet to work???

Great location,right opposite to the Obelisc. The staff at the front desk was friendly.

• Executive Queen Suite with Terrace

Everything is in a state of disrepair. Peeling paint, water stains, holes on the floor underneath the carpet. The place has definitely seen better days

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Old worn and torn carpet with broken floor beneath. Terrible/absent room wifi. Ancient fittings and plumbing. 4mins until hot water arrived in shower. Phone didn't work, couldn't call reception. Pokey small room, unlike the photo on booking.com. Ancient air-conditioner just about worked, but sounded like a small aeroplane. couldn't adjust it - just on or off.

Clean linen. Breakfast adequate. Great steak restaurant around the corner

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The facility in the restroom isn't in good condition and there's some leaking from the pipe along the wall.

Very good location in the city center.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was just decent, the coffee and orange juice were really bad, we had to go get coffee elsewhere. The rooms are old and there was no cold water coming out of the sink.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We expected way more comparing to the price. The room was small, we were two and we kept bumping into each other. The facilities and the building were very old. Most of the staff were nice and helpful when we needed.

The breakfast was really good with a variety of pastries. The location is great, right in the center and close to a subte station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the room I booked was in a horrible condition. they upgraded me to a suit. I have to give a compliment to the photographer the hotel is completely run down. breakfast has a huge selection but it is of very poor quality. save your money and have breakfast at the restaurants near by. this hotel would be rated 2 stars certainly not 4 stars.

location is very good and the staff is very helpful and friendly

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hallways are dirty, worned down, overall unpleasant smell. The hotel needs an urgent remodelling. The mattresses are old and painful for your back. Woke up with backache. There was no complimentary items in the room (i.e no shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower gel, nor any soap, etc) yes, there was a half roll of toilette paper. The duvai was dusty. Dirty carpet. Squeaky doors. Yes, it does have a hairdryer. Installations are very different from the photos uploaded promoting the hotel (disappointing).

The hotel has an above average variety for the buffet breakfast.

• Classic Double Room with City View

Room looks old and it’s small

Excellent lication, nice staff but needs a touch of love. Rooms and hotel is old style. All they need is a restoration and would be great

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed 6 nights and had no hot water in the sink (reported twice) Area of hotel rife with tourist crime. Police not around at weekend.

Good size room. Breakfast vg

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower was almost cold, even when I turned the knob completely to hot. Also, the breakfast didn't begin until 7:30 a.m., and I had to leave before it was served.

The price and downtown location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

At one point in the morning, the cleaning lady burst into the room. It was quite weird given that i have the room for at least 2 more hours. They should check the hours of check outs and dont disturb their customers

The room is quite comfortable. I really like the location. You always have something open to eat

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There's wifi but it doesn't work properly, the rooms are very old, and not comfy.

The staff very attentive. The location is perfect, you'll be in the center of Buenos Aires.

• Classic Double Room with City View

The service upon arrival was truly mediocre. Everyone seem to be in a horrible mood and the recommendations were quite average. The room was falling apart for over 100 USD a night and a hotel that is self rated / rated 4 stars the room was not even 1 star worthy. The room was tiny and the bed was old and hard we could have slept on a table and wouldn't have made much of a difference. The air conditioner didn't work AT ALL!!! The Wifi was supposedly included and never worked either. When we reported it they said that it was supposed to work and didn't do anything about it. Just completely ignored it. The whole room looked very ran down and in terrible conditions. Breakfast was terrible, they had instant coffee and it was burnt. The only hot options were scrambled eggs and bacon. The juice was box Juice and most of the time you could tell it was recycled from previous days (it tasted off) every single staff member was careless of your needs always angry or in very very bad mood. Value for money was ZERO not even the location saves this property! Wouldn't recommend it to anyone ever and wouldn't go back to it either.

The only thing we liked, was the service provided by Silvio. He is the only person worth 5 stars.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

In fact, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. First, the hotel is depressing. I went to the hotel thinking that I would see a modern, comfy and beautiful place - as we all can expect after looking at these amazing photos. However, this is not real, for sure. I still don't know where they took these photos. I stayed at a sad, old hotel, where I could hear noise of engines from my room as well as conversation from my neighbor room guests; my room had an internal door connecting to the next room (where I could easily open if I wanted), the bathtub was terrible, with very old painting; the room didn't have the amazing view that I was expecting; I usually had to KICK the door to close it, otherwise, it wouldn't; they didn't offer extra blankets - even on a cold winter day; the breakfast is not good as we can expect (fatty food and damaged fruits). Last but not least, the staff. I think they really don't want to help their guests. I had to carry my heavy luggage all by myself through the stairs because they don't have other options and I guess they couldn't imagine that a young girl with a heavy luggage would need some help. In addition, every time that I needed their help to any kind of situation, they always treated me with displeasure - even though I was speaking Spanish with them. Well, as you can see, I didn't have a good experience with them! And for sure, I will never come back to this hotel nor would I recommend them to anyone.

The only two good things that I found about this hotel: hot water and a really good localization.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was extremely loud with the traffic on the main avenue.

Great location, definitely a key part of Buenos Aires to explore the rest of the city easily.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The facilities were very disappointing. Phone not working, humidity stains, dust in the vents, broken window, no electricity sockets in the room (just one in the bathroom), dirty old wallpaper.

The breakfast was the only good thing.

• Classic Double Room with City View

Within 5 minutes of arrival we were robbed right in the lobby of the hotel. Our backpack was stolen containing all of our passports, money, iPhones, everything. We will now spend the rest of our vacation trying to get new documents to go home. The hotel rooms were very dated. Street noise made it impossible to sleep. No air conditioning. Bathroom was very old, toilet seat broken, tub peeling. Simply put, in 50+ years of traveling, this one by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Even if we hadn't been robbed, we wouldn't have stayed another night. The only reason we booked this hotel was because the Savoy was full.

Staff was very accommodating.

• Standard Triple Room

The eggs were undercooked but the rest of the breakfast was fine. The rooms were a bit stuffy. Unfortunately our room did not have soap and shampoo in it. We had to ask for it in order to get some.

The front desk staff was super helpful and friendly. The front lobby was clean. The hotel is in a great location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was very small & musty. Heater was on all night so needed to have window open all night which meant it was quite noisy from road traffic. Bathroom was very small and toilet seat not properly attached so slid around every time I used it. Hallways had unfinished patches of plaster on them. Curtains were too small and left gaps for light to filter through. I had to ask for towels two days out of three. Bed was ok but only covered with sheet and very thin bed duvet. Despite asking for a room change, staff weren't interested in discussion and quite dismissive. Very slow check in and out processes. No room safe so had to use security box located off main reception.

The breakfast, location & wifi

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms not overlooking the steet were old, tired, and not well cleaned.

Able to take the ArBus from the domestic airport to within a block from the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was cold, impersonal, unfriendly and for the most part uncaring compared to the other workers at the other hotels I booked.

Mattresses were good. Breakfasts were varied and well presented. Location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very old place with lackness of renewal, in the past surely it was a very important and nice hotel, but nowadays it is neglected. WiFi in the rooms working bad and in the rooms also smells old.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the hotel conditions are deplorable, its advertised as a 4 star hotel when its really not even a 3 star. I have photographs of my room and bathroom i would like to send to booking.com to remove this hotel from their list as a 4 star premises. The room was not properly clean, the bin from the previous person was not clean. No wifi in the room at any time, i went for business purposes and had to work from a nearby cafe. No room service, etcetcetc

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The decor of the bedroom was old, but it was clean and for the price We can't complain

The location is perfect...the heart of Buenos Aires. The breakfast was very nice. We travel around in a motorbike and this hotel has an underground parking free.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I paid extra for the view and specifically asked for a high floor to see the obelisk but I was put on the 2nd floor and could not see it. I had also booked a room without a view and the only difference between the 2 were the more expensive room had natural lighting, no view! It is also an extremely old hotel, the carpet was distugsting, the bed sheets must have been 10 years old and it smelt. The lift also took forever. This is probably one of the WORST hotels I've ever stayed in and I travel A LOT. DO NOT STAY HERE.

I did not like anything about this hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a good hotel, not great, towels looked a little dirty, had to changed them for new ones, room was kind of small.

Great location and great breakfast, got La Valle, Corrientes, Hotel Colón and Obelisco near.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the hotel is NOT a 4 star property..as listed probably 2.5 star mostly due to location ..i went to view the hotel one day before i checked in...i was very concerned about all the open hotel room windows...i later found out why....the air conditioners there did not work...and your room was a lot cooler if you opened the window to get a cool breeze ...and listen to all the traffic on 9 de julio...i talked to a few people at the reception before i checked in nobody had anything good to say.....my wife came to join me on my last few days there so i cut my days short there and moved to another hotel ...the photos of the hotel are very very decieving...almost or close to false advertising...it was later explained the photos were 10 years old that booking.com uses...horrible but true.what a horrible enlightment for me, the average bozo tourist ,who thinks he is getting what he sees

only the location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi was constantly going down because the router outside our room was turned off. Despite our requesting several times, it remained like that the entire weekend. The sink mixer (hot water) was dripping. We advised the hotel, but no one bothered to fix it. It did bother us due to the water waste. And the part I did not really like: it was a holiday weekend, the hotel was full and still they had only one elevator working. I am not sure if that was a electricity saving or what. But we had to wait a lot for an elevator, which was, of course, full.

The location is the strongest feature, considering the price of stay. The staff is very friendly, even when they forget some of our requests. It was a last minute booking and they still manage to accommodate us, gladly !

Browse Exe Hotel Colón traveller photo gallery