Reviews of El Conquistador Hotel 4 stars

Suipacha 948, 1008 Buenos Aires, Argentina

#277 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

Excellent!!!
    • Superior Double Room with City View

.Great location!!! .Excellent attention, I travelled with my family including a little child of 1 year and we was comfortable in the hotel with all the facilities .We ate 3 time with room service and the attention was fast and the food the best, without forget the good attention of the staff service .The attention in reception was excellent, very considerate, they helped us with ordering our stay because we had a setback in our trip from Iguazu to Buenos Aires, excellent service of all in Reception, I only remember the name of Daniel, but all attended us very well

Never near to a 4 stars hotel.

It is just a basic 2-3 stars hotel.. We don't think is 4 stars because the carpet is smelly, the lift is old and the breakfast is extremely basic. We think is the worse hotel in Buenos Aires but the hotel is in a good location. Hope the hotel will improve what it should be a proper 4 stars.

Bed, quietness, wifi, location.

One male staff member of reception who works the evenings was not friendly at all during check in, in fact quite dismissive and rude.

Bed, quietness, wifi, location.

Good for the cost

Property is very old, but it did not bother me. As the property is in the city centre, almost everything around is closed on the weekends and during holidays. Neighborhood is ugly/dirty. Staff was not helpful in helping with tourism information.

Location is ok (10min walking from Calle Florida), close to public transportation. Room was quite spacious and fairly clean and quit. Bathroom was a bit too old and smelly. Breakfast was quite nice.

The staff said somebody will pick me up at the airport it...
    • Standard Single Room

The staff said somebody will pick me up at the airport it didn't happen. If you can not provide a shuttle from the airport to the hotel you just have to mentioned that. But, I get to the airport and then you tell me to take a taxi. That wasn't the deal.

I was given a room with a balcony and I enjoyed that very...

You can feel the property is getting a little old.

I was given a room with a balcony and I enjoyed that very much. Everything was fine and even the internet fast enough. The reception staff were most helpful even when I added more nights to stay on a day to day basis. Suipacha is a great place to start your Buenos Aires adventure as it seems super close to everything.

Had trouble getting ice from the bar.

Staff was very good and sookr good English which made it easirer for us. Zlso a previous guest left a bus pass and it was given to us to use. We passed it back to be usef again

A good choice in a quiet area.

Everything was good.

Luggage storage whilst we were away from the hotel for a couple of nights. Complimentary drink in the bar. Breakfast had a good selection. Room of a good standard.

Good price, best location
    • Superior Double Room with City View

Worst WiFi ever in the room. Old building, and so were the bathrooms

Best location. Kind staff, specially at the restaurant which were kind enough to help me with my child’s food every night. Clean and comfortable room.

Fantastic location. Ideal short stay.

Bathroom is tired, chipped bath and dirty shower head. Room service food awful. Poor vehicle, sloppy driver and late taxi not acceptable. Was not happy to have credit card scanned in order to receive local tax refund. This doesn’t happen at other hotels.

Quiet room and a comfy bed.

Pretty God for a budget hotel. Not 4 a star hotel as it says on the site.
    • Standard Triple Room

The Service was bad. Air con was not working well after being transfered to another room. 1st room had no a/c at all. Under staffed hotel for new years eve. ( Could be understandable). We asked for plates and utensils from the lobby and we were told that they are under staffed and we had to get it ourselves. We had to go to the bar area were we could not find any clean plates or utensils. We ended up buying from a store near by. Rating of the hotel on the page says 4 stars. It wasn't four stars at all. Rooms has to be upgraded.

horrible hotel , Avoid it at all cost !

This hotel is horrible and dated, staff very rude and they seem to be living in a diffferent planet , beds not comfortable at all . The bathroom door was in such a bad condition that someone had to come in to let me out as as could not open it. Breakfast expensive and not worthy at all . Travelling the word for 2 years and have stayed in many hostels, B&B, fancy Hotels and I have to say that a 10 dollars a night hostels in south east Asia is far superior than this hotel 120 dollars a night. Had to keep going back to receptions at least 4 times to register and everytime I made my way to the 5 floor I could not have access to my room . Apart from that Bueno Aires is a lovely city . Please if you want to have an amazing time in BA stay in a different hotel . I void it at all cost . I for sure would not stay in this hotel even if the offer me it for free .

Location only

Not worth it!

The staff isn't so friendly; breakfast wasn't so varied and good; you can hear the people in the other rooms; hair dryer doesn't work; poor wifi connection; not good value for money!

It is clean and near the center.

The staff were very accommodating and spoke excellent...
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

If you order a suite, make some inquiries about the layout. What we ended up with was one of the "rooms" actually being the lobby, meaning that bathroom visits in the night involved trampling through someone's sleeping quarters, and a lack of privacy more generally.

The staff were very accommodating and spoke excellent English. Not that I'd expect that in Argentina, but it saved me a lot of fumbling about in rusty Spanish. The breakfast options are very varied and the location, close to the Microcentro sites and activities, makes tourist strolling easy to handle.

Three days layover in Buenos Aires due to flight cancellation

Plain hotel, no special comforts or attraction, good for people like me that want only a place to sleep.

Convenient to Santa Fe street and some other places, cheaper than other in the same neighborhood. Very helpful front desk, quick service.

Doesn't have the appearance of a four star hotel. Outdated and not well maintained bathroom (room on the ninth floor).

Location. Friendly and helpfull staff.

There's nothing to like
    • Standard Triple Room

The photos provided don't match the actual room condition at all!!! Totally different layouts and rooms !!! Like 2 star hotel!!!

There's nothing to like

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Dog friendly Hotel in town
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

In our room it was not able to take a bath because afterwards everything was flooded. We ordered a pick-up for 4 pers., 1 dog with a big box and 4 suitcases to the airport. But the guy without hair at the reception send us a mini car and when we complained him the mistake, he was only aweful. So we had for 1 hour the box in front of the face, the dog 20 kg on us, in a car where it was not possible to open the windows in the back. We were sick and airless at the airport!

Nice Hotel in downtown and very pet friendly. The cleaning was excellent of the room with separate kids room. Breakfast on top Floor was also good.

The staff are incredibly friendly and nice.

Don't be fooled by the 'happy hour' 2x1. The base price for all drinks increases by up to 50% during 'happy hour', making it not as happy as you might think, and me not happy at all. Somewhat misleading and underhand, to say the least. There is a different internet address for each floor! During my stay the internet was intermittent and slow, consistently.

The staff are incredibly friendly and nice. Very impressive breakfast, and if you like it sweet, this is carb. heaven - more sugar, flour and dulce de leche than you can possibly imagine. And of course fried potatoes to go with it. But lots of fruit and great coffee for those who are thinking of their heart and waistline.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Good value for price

Staff at the reception desk was just ok. They wouldn't even smile. It would be nice to have a little coffee maker in the room.

Breakfast was good and the room had a good size. The location was good and close to main avenue.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

go to Palermo, don't stay in the center

carpet in the room was stained, cannot be cleaned, needs to be replaced. View from the room was poor, light in the bedroom was not working (seems like this is on purpose, so that the carpet looks cleaner), so we used the one from the entrance of the room. In general, the location is central, but I would not recommend to stay in the city center in BA. Better stay in Palermo, much nicer neighbourhood and metro is quite cheap (~0.50 EUR). Wifi not good in the room, but great in the lobby

big room, big clean bathroom, location close to the metro, walking distance from the sights in the city center

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Great place in the heart of the big city
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Very good and kind service at reception. Clean and tidy even though the facilities are old. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Outdated hotel with central location
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel has seen its best days a long time ago. It was not dirty but outdated.

Location is central but there was not much noise. Bed was quite good. Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Localization is very good.
    • Standard Single Room

Wifi signal weak, most of the time it wasnt working. Air conditioner only 3 temperatures,, staff in a bad mood during checkout time because I ask for VAT exemption after notice they charged me.

Localization is very good. Confortable bed.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Good location and value
    • Standard Triple Room

We appreciated that the staff were all helpful and spoke English fairly well. The room was very large and their breakfast was quite good. The location was excellent and very central.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Located near Buenos Aire's main street 9 de Julio.

Breakfast is included with the room. Same fare everyday. Check out time is 10 am but if you ask they'll extend it to noon.

Located near Buenos Aire's main street 9 de Julio. Hotel is a little dated but clean and well maintained. Good value for the money. Staff is for the most part helpful in hailing taxis etc. BA is a great city!!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Great Location and Wonderful Service

Five star service from the front desk staff - they were excellent! Great recommendations on what to see and where to go. Hotel and rooms have a very nice modern appearance, but still warm and welcoming - a very pleasant place to stay. On close inspection there is some minor wear around the edges, none-the-less El Conquistador is a very nice hotel. Great location and wonderful service make it a great value.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

The location is good
    • Standard Triple Room

the room is very old and needs updates. also, the walls are thin and you could hear people in the hallway. it was especially annoying when i was woke up by a group leaving very early.

The location is good

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

My 3 day experience....

The pictures trick you and make you think the hotel is better than it really is. The breakfast is really bad with not many options. They say the hotel has air-conditioning but it doesn't. I asked the guy at the reception about this. he said the building does have air conditioning, but it is just one temperatura for evey room!!! so you don't get to choose how fresh you want your room to be. I was feeling very hot! he said I should the open my window. Also, the vents from wich the air comes out are VERY diry. You can clearly see the dirt because the vent color is white. In the bathroom,the shower is very tight. They don't have just a shower place. you have to stand inside a bathtub to shower. The image of the TV in my room was terrible. It was all foggy and I couldn't do much about it because my remote didn't work as well.... When I left the hotel, I had the reception call a cab for me. I was a bit late to catch a plane on the "aeroparque" the city airport close to the hotel. The cab driver extorted me and said the trip costed 450 pesos!!! he never turned on the taxmeter. Since I was late, I just payed the guy. When I called the hotel to tell them what happened, they did nothing! fortunatley my wife was still in Buenos Aires and she personaly took care of the situation for me. That's how good my stay was...

Location is fine....

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Great Front Desk Staff

No airconditioning

Martin and the other front staff were great. Very helpful with directions, booking cabs to and from the airport, and allowing a late check-out. It was nice to be greeted at the airport with a car that could fit our family and luggage. Breakfast was included in our reservation and included the typical fare-eggs, potatoes, meats, cheeses, fresh fruits and pastries. Try the dulce de leche spread for a little morning indulgence. There was also coffee and tea in the lobby. WiFi was free and worked very well. Hotel is very centrally located on Suipacha in Retiro near Plaza San Martin and Avenue 9 de Julio. Easy to walk in this neighborhood. For a sweet treat try La Panaderia Rosetta at Suipacha 730. They have great cakes, alfajores and even chicken empanadas! For more information about the area, go on a free two hour walking tour with Buenos Aires Free Tours. Jimena was a great guide. The tour starts at 5 PM from the San Martin Statue and winds through Retiro and Recoleta.

Good location, breakfast is not rich

Toilet was too small. Breakfast is not rich.

Excelent location, properly cleaned room and bathroom,...

Bathroom without air circulation.

Excelent location, properly cleaned room and bathroom, gentle staff.

4 star Hotel? Not really

Too poor breakfast Gym is a dump No option to make coffee in the room

The restaurant across the road good location

Very professional

all was good

Very professional

Excellent stay and helpful staff.

Wi-Fi could have been better.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Great price, great breakfast!

Great hotel in a great part of town.

easy to walk on foot downtown
    • Standard Triple Room

many cockroaches in the bathroom

Do bar

Do café da manhã

Do bar

Location is good

There were bugs in the room. Even they enterd to my baggage

Location is good

Fair. Nothing to brag about

AC didnt work. Hallway carpets dirty. Definitely not a 4 stars hotel

Good hotel

No concierge to help with luggage

Clean good location and opposite the best steak restaurant

Not the best one ever!

An outdated hotel. Rooms and facilities look very tired. Reception staff was ok. Reality is certainly different and older than their imagery online.

Inexpensive

Rooms

Lobby

Room that I received was not the same as one in photos, they...

room was old

Room that I received was not the same as one in photos, they were nice and change it. first bed was not good quality mattress

Good location, friendly and helpful English speaking staff in a comfy hotel that needs refurbishing

It's needing a refurbishment

OK location, good breakfast

Not too noisy for the location

Poor breakfast

Not too noisy for the location

Photos not up to date!!!! is older than you think...

The hotel was not really up to date!! Photos are not up to date!!

Breakfast staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

The location was good
    • Standard Single Room

The night price rate it is so not worth it, find another hotel

The location was good

The staff need to be more trained

The staff need to be more trained

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Have stayed in better places in ba

More honest photos sone repair and maintenance

The photos are deceiving. No maintenance of facilities run down

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Excellent value in central area

New carpets and access to roof veranda duringday

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Good brief stay

Check out at10.00 am too early

Was quiet and really good for the price.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Hot Aircondition

Air conditioning was teriblly bad. It was hot

Nice Breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Not bad. Could have been better.

The air conditioning was hardly functioning. Made sleeping difficult.

Convenient.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Extra vat cost at 30 per cent.

Extra vat cost at 30 per cent.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

excellent stay!!well worth visiting!!!
    • Standard Single Room

the breakfast,not enough room,very crowded!!!

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Excellent choice in downtown Buenos Aires

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

Central location.

I contacted the hotel via booking.com with a query but I didn't receive a reply. However, on arrival, the reception staff were able to deal with my question.

Central location. Good breakfast with a fair amount of variety. Friendly staff. Universal socket in room - useful if you don't have a plug that fits standard Argentinian sockets!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Good location in the centre of BA.

The facilities are a little dated, especially the gym. Walls are also quite thin meaning you can hear a lot of noise from other rooms.

Good location in the centre of BA. Staff are attentive and friendly, rooms are nice and tidy. Restaurant and breakfast are great.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2015

The hotel is good located to reach most of the attractions...

The rooms could be in a better condition, seems the last renovation is more than 10 years ago.

The hotel is good located to reach most of the attractions of the city by walk.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Great location for the price.

Property is a bit worn, especially the carpeting in the hallways.

Great location for the price. Nice hotel. One of the best breakfast buffets that I have experienced in a long time. Strong WiFi. Clean, simple rooms.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

Made to visits - longer we stayed the more we liked it.

Made to visits - longer we stayed the more we liked it. Friendly, helpful staff, comfortable, welcoming lobby, and easy access to lounge on second floor

• Reviewed: 15 February 2015

The location was good.

Wifi wasn't very strong in the rooms. The pillows were very uncomfortable, I could not sleep with them.

The location was good. You could walk to some touristy areas. Not a bad neighborhood. Some restaurants very close. Good air conditioning.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

Reception & Managers were terrible, but for one younger...

Reception & Managers were terrible, but for one younger chap. Tiny bedrooms, (mine was 'superior' - joke), miniscule baths. An uncomfortable feeling pervades this doubtful establishment. I left a day early. Don't go there.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

Nice people

The addition for the minibar was poor,haha

Nice people

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Location, breakfast, TV

Not really helpful staff. Old facilities.

Location, breakfast, TV

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and...

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and allowed us a very late checkout without any extra cost

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Helpfulness of front desk staff

Air conditioning barely adequate. Questionable 4* rating even for this 'superior' room.

Helpfulness of front desk staff

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

My room was fantastc with a view.

My room was fantastc with a view. Let me in the room early. Great positioin and nice atmospher, Good value for money

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

break fest

TV

break fest

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Friendly staff

is not a 4 start hotel

Friendly staff Good location, close to the main street , ocean view

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

We could hear the TV and people talking in the next room.

We could hear the TV and people talking in the next room. Otherwise, the rooms are spacious.

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse El Conquistador Hotel traveller photo gallery