Reviews of Design Suites Bariloche 4 stars

Av. Bustillo km. 2.5, R8402AAX San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina

#63 of 173 hotels in San Carlos de Bariloche

• Standard Room

Contrary to some other reviewers, our interactions with the staff could not have been better. They were all friendly, accommodating and courteous. Most spoke at least some English and were patient with our attempts at basic Spanish. We rented a car at the hotel which was a good price and extremely easy. The room was just right; very clean, a comfy bed, nice lighting, shower and towels. The housekeeping staff was always helpful. The hotel has a beautiful lake view. The free breakfast provides a nice variety and the restaurant has very good food throughout the day and evening. The hotel is about 3km from the center of town and we walked back and forth before we got the car with no problems. The area is safe. The hotel was the perfect spot from which to drive to El Bolson, Villa la Angostura and Villa Traful, each between 1.5-2 hours’ drive. After exploring the area, we feel we picked the perfect place to spend our Lakes District holiday.

• Standard Room

The breakfast’s choice is a bit limited and the quality is average.

Though not central in the downtown, the hotel provides a serene tranquility which you may want from a vacation away from daily life.

The place seems to needs some attention as far as our room was concerned. The shower had terrible drainage so if it ran at full flow it started flooding over the wooden barrier. After every shower we had a lot of water that never drained unless you assisted it towards the drain. There was lots of black mold on the grout that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned for sometime. Upon arrival our room was so hot and it seemed that the temp had been left on high. There are no wash cloths and lotion in the rooms and we had to ask for Kleenex as well.

The room was comfy, breakfast was nice, views were spectacular. Staff was very nice and accommodating.

Wi-Fi outside the main club room and reception was intermittently slow or non existent - especially in the evenings. Gave feedback to reception who said that a new system was installed two weeks ago - they will get on to the providers.

Excellent breakfasts (including fresh fruit). Friendly and helpful staff.

• Suite

Pool needs a refurb, no shuttle to or from town which would be perfect.

Hotel decor is great, modern and great views of the lake and mountains. Good breakfast, lots of choice in a great setting. Room was excellent, little walk from main reception but easy enough, jacuzzi tub and excellent views. Room 3104. Pool was great, needs a bit of a refurb but very relaxing and the outdoor pool is great for the experience of a thermal bath. Are room service and in the restaurant, excellent food, well priced and enjoyable. Would stay here again.

The interior was a little bit tired in places. The WiFi connection was weak.

The jacuzzi in the room was wonderful and the hotel has beautiful views. The lounge/breakfast area is very stylish.

• Standard Room

WiFi reception in the hotel room was very weak and nearly useless. I asked about the airport shuttle service however there was no offer given, instead I was instructed to organize a taxi. The representative detailing the offerings for daily activities was unenthusiastic and not very helpful.

Beautiful hotel grounds, with views to the lake at breakfast and in the lobby. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. It is a bit out of town (100$peso taxi ride) but a beautiful location. Room was excellent, very comfortable and lots of light with a view to the lake.

• Standard Room

Room with a lake view would have been a bonus, but the property is surrounded by large trees. It makes it nice and green though. Not very suitable for people with disabilities since the hotel is split into different blocks and all are built on a steep hillside.

Very comfortable, well-equipped hotel with nice fresh look. Large room and comfortable bed. Good facilities with indoor-outdoor wellness pool and sauna. Lovely views of the lake from the restaurant/breakfast room. Good breakfast.

• Deluxe Suite

We had yellow stains on the sheets. They changed them and we had blood stains so they changed them again. We had hairs in the hot tub. The pool is not really warm so it's kind of useless even in the summer since it's still cold outside Far from the city and hotel offers no shuttles

Dinner was good Breakfast was amazing View is not bad if you are lucky to get a room with a view

• Deluxe Suite

The breakfast was ok. Just the basics. Coffee not so good which is a biggie for me. Dinner was fair also. My partner had steak and it was tough and not cooked well. Fortunately there are lots of good restaurants nearby. The room had a major structural flaw and when you showered the bathroom floor flooded. Black mold was apparent around the perimeter of the shower floor so this had been a problem for a while. When we told the reception about it they appeared to know about this already. The room was lovely except for this.

• Suite

The hill (driveway) to get up to the lobby! Lol! They should build a staircase!

Just unbelievable! We loved this place. It's located just 2.5km outside of town (along the lake) and it's walking distance to two great pubs and a supermarket (km4). The breakfast was outstanding, and the view was even better. Super nice staff, too!

Could provide bathrobes.

Ample breakfast buffet but the same every day. Excellent lunch an dinner menu. The pool is terrific was the view and jacuzzi from our junior suite. My wife had an excellent massage.

Unfriendly staff. They used an exchange rate that was much higher than the real one to change dollars into peso’s. We paid with pesos and a credit card but still they used their own exchange rate (20,6 peso for a dollar vs real 19,5) as booking used dollars for the room. Very weird

Rooms are clean and large

• Suite

✔️Very slow WiFi connection (30’ to try to fix something by a website because of that) ✔️shower not clean ✔️We couldn’t use the pool because the water was very cold when had to be warm. (February with 15 degrees maximum) ✔️THE WOMAN FROM THE FRONT DESK 👎🏼 (little brown hair from the check in) spoke to us in a bad way, she offers bad service. I dont understand why they have a perdonal like that when they must offer SERVICE. We paid a considerable amount to stay one night and way the worst one. When I asked her about the climatized pool, she told me “I don’t know, I couldn’t answer you”.

Room service and transport service very kind and they always were with an smile.

Our expectation was an upgraded room with a view of the lake. We definitely had an upgraded room that we paid for, but our view was of the hotel's entryway/road. We booked this hotel because of the view so it was a bust.

This idea of this hotel is great, but request that you get a room with a view. This hotel is a little out of town (est 10 mins) and we found it very helpful to have a car so we could go explore Llao Llao and downtown. The hotel is also very helpful in calling you a cab so a car isn't required.

There was a complimentary drink offered upon arrival which did not meet my expectations. Also, the price of the water habging fron the evian water in the restroom was not appealing.

• Suite

the internet via WiFi was pretty slow, sometimes too slow. had to use my cellular internet which worked better. the large bed in both rooms we stayed was made out of two separate beds, not a big deal but not as nice as a real large bed. showers in the rooms are not too good, floors and walls are made of crumbling rock type of ceramics, not very nice to touch, the shower head is not moveable and in the junior suite we stayed in was broken. ( weren't going to complain about it because we were in that room only one night), the door in the same bathroom was broken and could not be closed. meals ordered in the restaurant took a lot of time to be ready even with very low pressure on the kitchen. breakfast was lacking any sign of vegetables. when asked about it we were told that anything not in the buffet could be added for a price.

the staff is very nice and polite, were able to sort out most of what we asked for. the rooms look good and clean, beautiful view from the window and a great hot tub. tv worked ok. the food served in the restaurant is pretty good. we ate breakfast every morning and we ate dinner and lunch a couple of times. the menu is varied and the service is ok. hot water was always available in the shower. we had a rental car, parking space was good. the bed is comfortable.

• Suite

We stayed here very short. But the place is beautiful, very spacious rooms with a nice bathtub in the room. Breakfast was good, view is great there. The staff was very helpful when my passport was still in the other hotel before, they remained very friendly and helpful even when they saw that i was stressing about the situation, the receptionist kept on being friendly. Very professional and kind.

We loved this place. The main drawback was that the "king size" bed was really two twin beds put together, and the mattresses were a bit hard for our taste. Despite a couple of other minor flaws the place was wonderful. The Jacuzzi hot tub with the fabulous view of the lake and the mountains made the experience memorable, and the staff were helpful and attentive.

• Standard Room

The pool was at 24-29 degrees, connected to the outside pool. Too cold, we couldn't use it

Huge room with stunning view on the lake and the forest. The breakfast was very good and varied

• Standard Room

We were "welcomed" by rude staff at the front desk which immediately made us feel unwelcome. The hotel seems old and unmaintained. The breakfast is of very poor quality (eggs were liquid as water). The wifi connection is one of the worse. Although we mentioned we were celebrating my birthday, they did not do anything about it.

The size of the room was good although we had a view on the parking area.

• Standard Room

Very nice property located in a convenient yet tranquil location. The room we stayed in was gorgeous and very comfortable. Food in their restaurant were yummy and well priced. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Standard Room

The place is a small paradise - amazing wooden house only a few meters away from the lake. The hosts were extremely nice and helpful and the food - the best salmon i ever had! Most certainly a recommendation!

I really didn't like the attitude of the staff, especially when on checkout they called somebody to check if we used anything in minibar. It was ridiculous, never happened to me before.

Facilities were great

It’s a little a far away from downtown Bariloche, but if you have a car it does not matter. The pool requires renovation, as there are a few holes in the ground. Pool is a little cold.

Great place with a wonderful view on the lake. Room featured with a big jacuzzi. Rooms are newly renovated and big. Sauna and indoor/outdoor pool are very nice. Breakfast is good.

• Standard Room

The taxi services available only take cash and there was not a readily accessible ATM on site. Other than that, everything was great.

The Dining room has an excellent view of the lake. It is a gorgeous location with very friendly staff that assisted me everyday with making travel accommodations. The property is quite large with 4 different areas for lodging. However, the location has a shuttle service that will take you to your assigned lodge at any time of day. The room was very spacious and had an amazing whirl pool tub. As I went during the winter, this was an amazing way to spend my evening after a long day out in the snow. The room has two separate heating controls, one for the bathroom and one for the room itself. The bathroom has heated flooring, which meant no cold bathroom floors in the morning while keeping the sleeping area at a cool comfy temperature. The bed was very comfortable with the perfect amount of pillows. (I am definitely a pillow lover). The room had a small seating area, mini fridge (Stocked with drinks), snack shelf, room safe, closets, and bed side tables. There are no U.S converter plugins though, so be sure to bring your own cable converter to plug in your electronics. They have a standard hotel continental breakfast every morning with good coffee and hot milk. Overall, this place was amazingly beautiful and I wish that I could have spent more time here vacationing.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Room

The system to shuttle the guests from the "Club House" / Lobby to the rooms, I think a caddy car would be better instead of "jumping" to the van, because the guy who drives it asks to go in the front seat. Not very polite. The breakfast was plain; not a variety of bread or cheese/eggs. I had better coffee at the meetings I went to.

The room was beautiful, with a great view to the forest. The bathroom was quite nice, with a jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The staff had a bit to be desired. Upon arrival, I felt like an inconvenience to the woman at the front desk. I felt like I was pulling information from her, asking for a map and tips of what to do. She told me there is a bus I can take to the center of town...but you need the bus card to take it. Where do I buy that? In the center. So how do I get there? It is a 30-minute walk. The end. No other alternatives or suggestions given. I am usually happy to walk a fair amount, but it was cold and misty and the walk is on the side of a busy road, with mud and puddles when it has been raining. In addition, once in town, I went from kiosk to kiosk asking about the SUBE card and they seem to all be sold out. So then later I asked the front desk again about a shuttle service to and from town with the vans that they have. The answer was - we used to offer that service but we do not anymore. Period. The end. Again, no elaboration or offer of additional help. Breakfast was rather chaotic. There were not enough seats for everyone, the food was not great compared to other hotel breakfasts that I had over a 2-week trip in Chile, and I suppose because of the set-up of the room, guests were having to hover from all sides in order to get food.

My room was great - with a Jacuzzi over-looking the lake and a bathroom with heated floors. I did dine one night in the restaurant for dinner, partially due to just not wanting to deal with getting back to town again, and I must commend the waitstaff. They were very kind and friendly. Also, Javier who gave me a ride in the van to my room after I arrived and showed me how things worked was very nice. The rest of the staff lacked in friendliess and helpfulness.

• Standard Room

The beds are extremely uncomfortable, when ordering room service there was an extra charge, they dont provide regular amenities a four star hotel provides (robes, shoes, dental kits etc), the house cleaning would only come around in the morning to clean and not again after, the pool is a lot smaller than described. I came here for my honeymoon and live in dubai, i expected a four star hotel to provide basic necessities but was extremely disappointed with the service and hospitality. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Location in close enough to the city center.

I booked a suite to spend some leisure time with friend, however only lounge provided was a foldout bed with mattress so thick my feet didn't reach the floor (I'm 6'0) and minimal back support. Room was huge and could easily have accommodated a couple of comfy arm chairs, and then I wouldn't have been 20' from the small TV. Other aspects were fine but it failed in the one feature for which a suite was booked.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Restaurant was disappointing - pretty standard fare for above average prices. The creme brulee was shockingly terrible.

Nice location -- just a bit out of town and near the lake. Though you can't see the lake from many of the rooms (trees) it's still a very nice area. Rooms are big and the jet tubs are nice.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Rooms are a bit old, bathroom could be renewed. WLan is really really bad and slow (maybe not depending on the hotel but the region) The hotel is a 2km away from San Carlos de Bariloche, you neee a car if you want to move around (not really recommended the bus). We ask in the travel agency for one but they were all already given, they did not put too much effort on helping us finding a solution. Some members of the staff are nice, some others it seems you need to say sorry for having asked something.

Nice location close to the lake. Big rooms with very good view to the lake. Good breakfast with many options.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe Suite

Property is on a steep slope. Rooms are separated from reception, club and restaurant, requiring a significant climb.

The view from our room was spectacular. The room and property are beautifully decorated and very modern.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Bed could have been more comfortable, it was 2 beds joined together rather than 1 double bed.

We had a junior suite - spa was great. The room was big, and club house / bar area was a great stopping point on the way (up the hill) to our room. Great views of the lake from our room and the club house. Floor heating in the bathroom and windows that open. Beautiful grounds / garden area. We didn't use the pool or gym facilities. Bus stop right outside and only 2.5 km's to the main town, with plenty of view points along the way making for an interesting walk. On site tour centre to get info and book tours, very helpful staff. Dinner was also a good experience, especially the traditional lamb.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

A bit too far out of Bariloche; no air conditioning - shocking given summer heat and insects that fly in if windows are left open; breakfast disgraceful given it is supposed to be a 4 star hotel- a lot of sweet mass produced rubbish- only commercial juices not freshly squeezed; no omelette just mass produced something pretending to be scrambled egg; no corkscrew in room; poorly designed bathroom that flooded; toilet stupidly placed behind door so if more than one person in room there was a danger of the door crashing onto the knees of someone sitting on the toilet; no fresh natural yogurt either drinking or pot set; no bread rolls ; the place is overpriced and overrated; soundproofing nonexistent; no screens on windows; a very very ordinary place to stay tarted up by pics that made the place look infinitely better than it was; a tourist trap; should be more English channels on tv; over rated and over priced - essentially disgusting. Better to sleep in a park

The staff

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Lovely hotel. The pool and spa was great and fairly quite. Its a little bit out of town but the shuttle is very good. Room nice and spacious and the hot tub is massive and great fun. Lovely view across the lake.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Deluxe Suite

- We did not use the pool, as it did not look very clean, especially outside. - For a bottle of drinking water in the room they charge Arg Pesos 150.- (about US$ 10.-), but who needs to drink water from Evian/ France in Bariloche ?! - To get drinking water (cold/ hot), you have to go down to the main house; as it was freezing and raining, we were very happy, that they brought us the hot water for the mate to the room for free. - The walls are poorly soundproofed - The welcome at check-in could be more friendly

- Our beautiful room was spacious and had marvelous view overlooking the lake - Good breakfast with view to the lake - Good WiFi - Free parking in garage

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

We were underwhelmed by the food and the service in the restaurant. Room service food arrived cold, and one day we wanted to eat something between 19-20:00 (well before Argentine dinner time) and had to sit in the lounge where nobody came to attend us.

The rooms are great, spacious and kept very clean. We had a junior suite that had a jacuzzi surrounded by windows with a beautiful view over the lake. (No worries - the way the place is setup against a hill means that you still have tons of privacy even without closing the curtains.) We also enjoyed the setup, where the main building is detached from the buildings with the rooms, which give the rooms a very quiet and peaceful character. The breakfast buffet was nice, and a good way to start any adventurous day.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

if you locate your hotel 2.5 km outside the center, you should have added value. in this case the price was higher but the added value (ie, lake view, amenities, etc) were the same as the hotels in the center if not worse. staff were not so friendly, breakfast was very basic... we ended up feeling bad for paying twice than what we would have paid for a hotel in the city center. we ended up spending the other 2 nights we had left in another hotel in the center.

we took the junior suite so the room was very nice. still not value for money in my book

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Suite

The wi-fi could be better.

First of all, the view. To be able to wake up "in the nature", is close to downtown but much more calm, peaceful and quiet. The breakfast is great, a lot of options - and with a view! There´s an amazing outdoor pool. The room is big and confortable.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Great views from room 3203. Nice Nordic ambience in room. Breakfast selection good. Fresh fruit, fresh juice, eggs etc. Bus stop right outside property and shuttle to bariloche twice a day. Great serviceminded staff ...

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Standard Room

There was no heating in our bathroom which made that space quite chilly. The pool area could use some refurbishing.

Views from the lobby, restaurant and the pool are amazing! The hotel is located just out of the city, resulting in a quiet and easily accessible location.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Suite

Shower / Bathroom looks a bit dated. Slow internet (as to be expected in Patagonia). Location outside of the town, we took a taxi everywhere (fairly expensive!).

Rooms are spacious with lake or hill views. Private balcony / terrace and spa bathtub in the room (with a view). Very friendly staff. Perfect for couples - with the spa tub and open dressing / sink area in the rooms. Beautiful lake views from the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard Room

It was always hard to find a table for the breakfast, we had to wait nearly every time. I ordered while booking one big bed (king or queen, I can't remember what they offered) but in fact there where just to small bed put together. That was a bit uncomfortable.

The breakfast was alright, could be more fresh fruits, the fruit salad looked like it's from a can. But there was always plenty of everything and the staff was very nice. They have fresh orange juice. The view from the pool is incredible nice, also I wished the area could be open til 11pm. The staff was always nice and very helpful. The room was clean an I loved the warm floor in the bathroom.

- Due to the limited restaurant space, it became always fully packed. - The private transfer service which the hotel partner with doesn't work properly. They are always delayed mainly when you book in advance the pick up time. - Steam room and swimming pool are located in different building than the rooms so during the winter it is hard make usage of them.

- Nice and Comfortable Room (we missed wine glasses in it) - Internal transfer service was very good and always available (thanks to the bellboys) - Incredible room and restaurant view - Cozy environment - Transfer to Cerro Catedral is included and works perfectly.

• Deluxe Suite

Staff a bit rude. Bar not very good, bad cocktails.

Beautiful rooms. Great pool. A real urban resort.

• Deluxe Suite

Great value luxury accommodation. Lovely breakfast. Amazing hot tub!

Location of the property, design, comfort and amenities. Great staff

• Standard Room

Limited choice on the restaurant menu

Good breakfast buffet included

WiFi was terrible.

Breakfast was plentiful.

• Suite

WiFi connection is almost non existent Not suitable for work trips

The personnel was very helpful

Very bad location, breakfast was poor, staff not polite

AMAZING view from the room. Rooms are very spatious !

• Standard Room

Everything was amazing! Excellent location and customer service.

Over

Over selling under performing. The rooms you see at bookings are quite differet with the one you get and not in a positive way.

Pool, big room, bath. They make a special dish for vegan on Brackfast..

• Standard Room

Servicio de bar ...prometian 2 x 1 que no era real ...

Vista hermosa al lago

Only missed tissues in room

Architecture, location, staff , food, facilities

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Bubble bathtub, view, location.

Excellent breakfast (included) and cuisine. Courteous attendance.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Very bad internet.....

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

bad maintenance

• Standard Room

Excellent service, friendly and helpful staff. Location is not too far away from centro cívico. Top notch rooms and superb restaurant.

• Standard Room

Restaurant was packed at breakfast

Room size Well presented

Just superb. Best value for money I've had in a hotel on any of my travels.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Nice rooms with jacuzzi, hearty breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Breakfast could improve. Dinner options

Quiet

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Standard Room

Lovely views of the lake

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

A bottle of EVIAN water in our room in Argentina???

Beautiful view on the lake from lobby & bar. Very friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Loved the jacuzzi terrace outdoor feeling design of the suite and the views...also the restaurant bar and it's views.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Standard Room

the staff were great and the room was fabulous. also delicious food

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Standard Room

The ceiling of the bathroom leaked water every time the shower was used.

The bed was a great size, breakfast was great and the views just stunning!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Suite

Lack of information tarifs about Remis from Airport to Hotel. This is very important for tourists like us.

I was given 3 single beds for 1 person.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Room was very spacious and with a great view of the lake/mountains. Staff was very friendly and eager to help.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Superior One-Bedroom Suite

Piscina e vista do local

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

The staff was unfriendly since the very first moment. We had to ask for every single thing INCLUDED in our booking (lake view, two single beds, jacuzzi) and they rolled their eyes for every request and did as they would have saved the world by providing them. The rooms (junior Suite) were quite big, Great Lake view but the bed linen was old and dirty and the shower was quite dirty. They have a pool and sauna, that could be really nice. although the water is clean the pool area is dirty and the tiles of the pool are broken so you heart yourself pretty much every time you touch the pool! Keep swimming! The restaurant is pretty good. the breakfast and dinner are great, minus the unfriendly but sexy staff. ;)) some waiters are hot!

Good breakfast

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.