Reviews of NH Mendoza Cordillera 4 stars

Avenida España, 1324, M5500DWN Mendoza, Argentina

#42 of 92 hotels in Mendoza

Would definitely stay here again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent location. Comfortable, clean hotel. Very helpful English speaking staff, especially Luis. Excellent breakfast with lots of variety. Stored luggage until later in the day.

Hotel with an excellent location and an excellent breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The water of the pool is too cold and the deck around the pool in bad condition. The painting and the decoration have to be redone in the room.

The hotel is well located, near the main attractions of the city. The personal is really kind and helpful. The breakfast is fantastic. The beds were confortable.

Good to stay here in the mittle of the town.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Wifi did not work with my tablet, but there where computers in the Lobby. The second day it worked properly and fast.

The Staff was nice and competent. The Breakfest Buffet extraorinary, the best since one month travelling in Chile and Argentina!

Best hotel in Mendoza!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower is our room was broken.

What a great great hotel! Luis at the reception has been so kind and helpful. The breakfast is fantastic, don't skip it! And the room are very quiet.

Very good location, outdated rooms in need of upkeep. Probaby still a good choice for Mendoza.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is dated. Smalll, moisty rooms with low ceilings, a/c hardly working (with much noise at that).

Very good location, front desk personnel friendly and speaking English very well.

The location is great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Coming back from the mountain climb at the check in I have requested upgrade to a Junior Suite room. When I get there the room apparently hasn't been cleaned, bed was not made, there was a lipstick on the wine glass etc. The hotel staff tried to assure me the room hadn't been used and If I request a cleaning service it is available the next morning. I am speechless... Attached see the bed picture when I checked in

The location is great

Efficiently run, well located hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is very unusual for an Argentine hotel not to include breakfast in the price.

I was particularly pleased with service offered by Pablo Carbone at the front desk. his aid was invaluable.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Problem with the breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had problems with the breakfast, not included in the reservation. We asked for the price of the breakfast, so one person of the restaurant explained us the price and characteristics of 3 different combinations of brekafast. We have chosen the buffet breakfast. While we were having the breakfast the first day, the waitress came with the check, and the price of the buffet breakfast was higher than the price previously informed by another person. Then, they told us that the price for the guests are more expensive than the price for the common people. I have asked to speak with the manager, because that difference seems to be terrible, a very poor behaviour with the customers and guests. They finally solved the problem after few days of the problem, every morning, with the check. The waitress attitude were so bad.

Chill Times at N H
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was attentive, spoke English, and had an adapter that worked with US electronics. I was able to charge my phone. They even let me check in early without a problem, I appreciated it since I just got off a long bus ride from Santiago. The room was well-kept.

Excellent staff

Excellent staff

Air conditioning wasn’t working.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning wasn’t working.

Great staff and solid location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Thermostat in the room could not be adjusted

Good WiFi; helpful and professional staff

Stay away fro. This
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was very poor and service was the worst we have seen for some time

Nothing at all

OKish
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very average hotel. Not worth the price. I will definitely look up for other alternatives in the future.

OKish

How is it possible that the hotel has a central air conditioning only for the whole building and that they can only...
    • Standard Triple Room

The air conditioning does not work..

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Great stay in Mendoza
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning started blowing hot air at night.

The beds were very comfortable and the TV channels helped us learn some basic words in Spanish.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Recomendable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excelente atención del personal, especialmente de Sabrina.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

The shower had excellent pressure and the location is very...

We had to move rooms after the first night because the noise from the street was unbearable. It's a noisy hotel. We booked a winery tour through the hotel (with Cata?) and it was average at best. Spent most of the time waiting for the bus and it ends up being really expensive.

The shower had excellent pressure and the location is very central.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

- pool

- staff was just okay; we tried to inquire about a wine tour and while a girl at the front desk appeared to try and contact the office she was having trouble reaching them. however, she didn't communicate this to us and just walked away. - REALLY uncomfortable pillows - only one lounge chair by pool - needs to be updated - didn't have helpful recommendations for wine/sightseeing tours - food at hotel was mediocre

- pool - wifi - good location in downtown Mendoza - room was fine; clean enough

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

The only good part of this stay were the friendly staff, in...

This is basically my only recourse. First of all, the hotel and room were very basic and in disrepair. The walls were cracking. I felt fairly certain the shower door was going to fall off. The electricity went out just in my room once. The phone was broken, the messages wouldn't stop blinking and when I called the front desk, they said it must be an error - the only way to get rid of the blinking light was to unplug the phone. But my biggest complaint is the laundry. I had a load of laundry to do and was too tired to find a laundromat. I understand that hotel laundry is always expensive, but never, ever, ever in my life have I paid more than $100 USD for a load of laundry. Pretty remarkable that this hotel thinks these prices are acceptable. Additionally, there was no price list. At any point. Again - I understand that there is a markup. But think about those rates - let's say 30 items, $1/each if you're being incredibly generous (I think we all know exactly how non-time consuming doing 1 load of laundry is). I paid about $1,700 ARS-$131 USD at the current exchange rate. I could have purchased a new wardrobe. So once again. I gave them my laundry. I was given no price list. I was handed a bill for $131 USD for overnight laundry service. There's just no way that is anything but an outright robbery. I am sorry to write this, because all of the people I interacted with were VERY nice, but they also knew that I was going to get hit with a bill that is absolutely outrageous, and no one warned me. Perhaps they see tourists as people who can be easily exploited, and perhaps I proved them right. But I cannot in any good conscience recommend that you stay at this hotel given my experience. And it's really a shame. So far, Argentina has been an amazing place to visit, but the price tag in Mendoza city and specifically at this hotel is simply not commensurate with what you get. Spend your money elsewhere.

The only good part of this stay were the friendly staff, in particular the front desk person. But, there were downsides to that as well, since while they were friendly, they also didn't stop me from getting ripped off.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Nothing really.

Very old rooms that are not well maintained. Very poor service during breakfast and the receptionist was not very polite when we arrived. This hotel already passed its best days....

Nothing really..... Nada realmente...

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

The location is fantastic!

The people at the front desk is not friendly at all, breakfast is ok if you arrive early otherwise lot of items will be over with no reposition

The location is fantastic!

• Reviewed: 27 March 2015

Comfortable.

Comfortable. Arrived with no reservation. Told price was $175 per night. Used the computer in hotel lobby to make a reservation on line for about $100 USD. At checkout paid with pesos (exchanged on blue market)

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Front desk staff-particularly Belen and JP-helped us make...

Front desk staff-particularly Belen and JP-helped us make the most of our first visit to Mendoza. The trips we booked with their help were outstanding. The room was great -with a balcony and separate sitting area.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

Nice breakfast.

Stuffy room, can't open windows

Nice breakfast. Did not have reservation. Price at desk was $175. Then booked online from computer in hotel lobby for less. They payed at checkout with pesos and total for a night including everything was about $100 USD.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2015

Not one thing save the location

Room......Dirty Bed.........Uncomfortable and Dirty Shower...Didn't work Charged $125 [US] to wash / fold 2 loads of laundry STAY AWAY

Not one thing save the location

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

Easy to book online.

We missed the first breakfast as we got up too late. Even with a map of the city the streets we found are confusing. It takes time to understand how to read the streets.

Easy to book online. First experience with NH group. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

Location is in the centre.

Breakfast! Not many choices and food quality needs to be upgraded.

Location is in the centre. Room had a great outdoor terrace and it was great to spend some time there. Wifi was fast enough.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

la atencion amable.

la atencion amable.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

very bad

• Reviewed: 9 October 2015

Da cama de casal

Do jantar no restaurante do hotel

Da cama de casal

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Amability facility excelent location

Amability facility excelent location

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

Servicio y limpieza

Necesita mejor mantenimiento de habitaciones. Papel mural debe renovarse y ventanas no sellan bien.

Servicio y limpieza

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

Close to all amenities in Mendoza city, clean, good friendly...

Close to all amenities in Mendoza city, clean, good friendly service and good size rooms. Breakfast were fresh and varied.

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse NH Mendoza Cordillera traveller photo gallery