Reviews of Panamericano Buenos Aires 5 stars

Carlos Pellegrini 551, C1009ABK Buenos Aires, Argentina

#111 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

• Studio City View

Breakfast does not meet expectations for 5 star hotel, concierge service was not available on Monday. Bath robes were delivered only after our call to reception. Lack of complimentary bottled water upon arrival.

Very good, clean hotel, the best location in Buenos Aires, very good lunch buffet for just $45 US for two, with great service. TV has Fox News channel, which was big plus for us.

When we arrived we were allocated a very small room which was dissimilar to the one in the pic on this website. There was also a hole in the window pane due to no handle which caused cold air to come through. We asked for another room and was shown one without a shower and very outdated - again very different to the one we saw on booking.com. We declined the offer. The next day i happen to look at my confirmation via the app and saw the room we were meant to be given which i showed to the staff. Wewere then given a room that looked like this. However the taps & holders were falling in the shower. Spots of bleach on the couch. Not perfect but bigger room and not cold as the window panes werent broken here. If you young and modern then i am not sure this hotel is for you. The pics are different from what you given so ensure you review on check in. Oh and no egg station but there was scrambled eggs everyday.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The quality of the breakfast was good. The heated pool although we didnt use it. The views from the top floor of the hotel. Opp the bus and walking distance to some attractions and shopping district.

• Studio City View

The hotel is very old and it requires renovation. With the current conditions of the room it can not be rated as 5 star hotel. The breakfast was disgusting. Almost nothing to eat in this 5 star hotel. No vegitables at all, limited variety of ham and cheese (only one option cheapest). Scrambled eggs with awful smell. Almost no hot dishes, only potatos. Coffee is served from the tank and really bad! Absolutely terrible for this hotel rating. Swimming pool is also very old with old ceramics that will definately scratсhes you many times when you go in and out from the pool. The water is duty sometimes. In total the hotel absolutely doesn't relevant to money we paid.

Big room with the city view, comfortable bed. The hotel allowed us to have late check out that we appreciate.

• Double Room with City View

My room was on the 21st floor and the window latch was broken so it was a bit noisy. However at night the street was more quiet.

Great location just accross the street from the obelisk and colon theatre. Walking distance to everything and the front desk is extremely helpful is setting up dinners and any shows. We booked a dinner at Lo De Jesus and the hotel had arranged champagne for our group; how amazing !!!! My bag with passport and all ID as well as credit cards were stolen and the front desk was more than kind and patient dealing with me and calling all my credit card companies. Beautiful rooftop pool with views of the city.

It had the worst breakfast spread I had in a while. They needed to change the location and it was held in the events hall with old chairs, loud pop music and air conditioning that was too high. The breakfast food was just dreadful.

The pool, gym and bars were great. The room was nice and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Executive Suite

The staff was unhelpful, I was waiting about 1 hour for bathrobes (they forgot to prepare bathrobes and slippers in my room before my check-in). They charge for water! Hotel with 5 stars with no free water, incredible! They will charge you about 3 usd for 1 bottle 0,25 l of water. Minibar was half-empty, 2 beers, 3 little bottles of wine, 2 chocolate bars and 3 bottles of water. And what's really surprised me that about 10 am there, in my room was a terrible drilling noise!!!

Fast check-in. Bed.

• Studio

Some parts of the hotel need urgent upgrade, more details.

Great great view! Good location for first time visitor. Big rooms, great pool and balcony.

The area is so so. I would have never stayed in the microcentro if it had not been for business reasons. I would definitely look elsewhere for a personal stay. Breakfast is ok but on the weekend it was served in a big salon with no natural light and a blasting air conditioning, not very pleasant.

Very nice hotel with a good rooftop pool and it is very pleasant to use the pool in the hot season. I had a very large room with lots of light and a fantastic view of the obelisk. Staff is friendly and hotel was very efficient in giving me a room as soon as I arrived even though it was well before regular check in time. The beds are good (not fantastic but good enough) whereas the showers are great. The Wi-Fi worked well even though I only used it for simple emails and browsing.

• Double Room with City View

The restaurant had a very limited menu, not enough staffing and just "ok" food...this is a problem with many city restaurants with many dining options nearby so do not hold this against the hotel!

The hotel staff were excellent and helped us with questions and making recommendations on where to eat. The rooftop pool was excellent and had great views of the city. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast had a good selection from eggs & bacon to granola & yogurt as well as good pastries.

There was construction going on the outside of the front of the hotel that made the hotel look bad and not inviting.

Great location, breakfast and rooms. The staff were especially attentive and recommended excellent restaurants to us. The pool was also excellent considering this was a city hotel.

• Studio

Wish the double beds for family stay were bigger. It is very tight for 2 people. Some small fixtures and service could be improved to reach a truly 5 star status.

The view from the pool balcony is heavenly! Room is very big for a family of 4. The location is great for first time travelers.

bathroom. breakfast

we stayed on two different occasions he first was friendly the second very unhelpful. we requested quiet not by lift but were next to lift. bathroom was old a in some disrepair. The staaf on second visit wire very in interested

restuarant staff were a bit strange and the gym closed too early for a major city! at least 10pm or 24 hours a bonus guys :-)

location was good we arrived late so didnt use gym or pool . good breakfast. and helpful staff to book airport transfers, friendly porter staff . we found a great italian restaurant just around the corner well priced with great service

• Studio City View

A little bit dated, many small things not working: bathroom sink leaking, shade not retracting, balcony door difficult to close with no lock etc

Location, view from 18th floor

• Superior Suite

Horrendous customer service, literally the worst I've ever seen in a 5 star hotel. Zero regard for the customer even when issues are their fault (my shower didn't work, they didn't fix it for days, absolutely no compensation and I had to chase to speak to someone in Management. When they finally changed my room because I didn't have hot water for two days they acted like they did me a favour), emails to the concierge before arrival remain unanswered (we were told that we should have used an email address other than the only one they have on their website )magnetic cards wouldn't work, requests to the room such as an iron wouldn't arrive, all you would get from the staff is a shrug and a "we were busy with other customers". The property is not bad, everything else is a joke

Big and quite nice Opera Prima rooms

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

My room was not as clean as I would have expected for the money. The neighbourhood was extremely loud and during the night you could hear the celebrations down the street. It was very difficult to sleep.

The pool on the rooftop is really nice and gym was algo very good.

• Executive Suite

Our hotel room window didnt seem to work properly against noise from traffic on the main road. Lots of tour groups that stays at hotel which makes breakfast a rather unpleasant event. Quality of breakfast was not that great.

Location of hotel is good. Stuffs are quite friendly and helpful.

Thief stole my friends money which is putting under the pillow , when my friends came back after swimming, his wallet was on the bed not under the pillow, report to the hotel ,mananger didn’t came to room to sort out this problem.

The localizarion The view The size of the bad

Croissant sleeping taste Bathroom jacuzzi dont work Party at the pool in guestroom time use Pool water turbeb, unclean Absence of concierge

Bag disappeared from checked baggage Plumbing and hair dryer not up to standard Safe didn’t work

Asistant Manager Patrice very helpful as important bag disappeared from lobby check in With essential clothes meds etc He and others made the best of a very bad situation Very good location for getting to sights

Only a cigar bar, would have preferred a bar option that was not smoke filled and smelly.

Liked the location and view from the top floor where the gym and pool are.

• Suite

Located on a very busy avenue walking distance to many sites; we were on the 15th floor so did not have a problem with street noise. Not a great location for good/local restaurants. I think we paid more than what it was worth, but overall a good experience.

Hotel with beautiful facilities - highly recommend the rooftop pool, even just to check out the views. Staff were great and very helpful, especially for such a large hotel! Had a full breakfast available.

• Studio City View

The staff is not friendly. I didn't have towels in my room and I had to ring the reception 3 times and wait over 30 mins to have a annoyed guy to bring them up. I sent them an email requesting some info and I'm still waiting an answer...

The hotel has a very classic design and the pool area is very cool

Pool in five stars should cleaner than this. Breakfast variety is limited Once i requested the breakfast to my room they charge me separately, though my booking inculdes the breakfast ( but i should go down :))

Location Staff is quite helpful.

Breakfast needs some work.

The friendly and extremely helpful staff was the best part of our stay. The location is great; very short walk to Plaza de Mayo, shopping, metro, and great eats.

• Studio City View

5* price but 3* breakfast, noisy plumbing (from shower etc in OTHER rooms) & noisy bathroom extractor. No balcony & only OK view & 2* TV (most rooms). WiFi did NOT work well (or not at all). Absolutely ATROCIOUS service. They resolve problems very slowly or NEVER. They LIE (constantly) to paying guests (or don't answer the phone)! I received ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL treatment. All evening (4 hrs) they REFUSED to fix my guest WiFi (1 or 2 minute task) & LIED repeatedly. I was so FURIOUS I had to go out for a drink to calm down. Then I had to go to a pizzaria at midnight to get WiFi. If you want 5* service or a 5* breakfast or 5* accomodation or any WiFi at all - you should STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Great central location & superb views but only from the top few floors. Nothing else worth the price!...

Dark room with no natural daylight. Asked for bottle opener on 4 occasions to open a beer from minibar and never received one!

Good gym with great view

The rooms that they gave us are completely different to the photos that you see on Booking.com. Are really old, and need maintenance.

The bed was good, food is really good at the hotel's restaurant. Level 23 swimming pool it's the best part of the hotel because of the view of the city.

Breakfast options are rather limited for the health conscious

Staff was excellent, and so was the location and the bedding! Room service and ironing service immaculate and extra fast!

• Studio City View

Too manycongress and business meetings that make hotel crowded

Location is perfect. Comfort bed, big room, nice view. Helpful staff soecially Mr Burgos at reception

• Studio

The hotel is quite dirty and it's common to find broken things. Dead flies all over the living room area at the lobby. Furniture at the lobby was covered in dust. The shower door had its handle broken so couldn't use it as it wouldn't even open; had to use the bath tub option the whole time. Hair dryer didn't work. Night stand lamp didn't work. Visited the upper deck (pool area), it all looked worn down. The water in the pool was all dirty, the floors were dirty (and I don't mean wet), had travelled with my bathing suit looking forward to bathe at the hotels pool... however once there, I was disappointed and grossed out; never bothered to visit the pool area again during my week 7-seven days of stay.

The room was comfortable, room size was really good. I had booked a junior suite.

We loved everything and would only critisize one thing. While in the bar area in the evening enjoying a quiet drink a lady across from us was eating McDonalds!! Is this appropriate we wondered for such a fantastic hotel .The smell of the burger and chips didnt quite go with the surrounds!!

Everything ws excellent. The staff were so friendly and helpful even though we didnt speak spainish. The room was fantastic and the pool was lovely. A wonderful way to finish a very exhausting holiday, we will be back to this hotel for sure!!

Noisy, fourteen lanes of traffic outside the hotel and the room doors need to be slammed. The plug sockets were so slack that plugs fell out of the wall. The shower leaks badly, and the floor is drenched and slippery. If this happens to the room above you then it pours through the light sockets onto your floor AND, best of all, the staff don't care. I brought it up three times and they couldn't give the proverbial. Stay elsewhere.

We got raw chicken when we ordered ceasar salads to our room. Inedible food.

We got raw chicken when we ordered ceasar salads to our room. Inedible food.

• Studio City View

Since the hotel is located right by the Obelisk, when there is a protest, traffic to access the hotel could be painful.

Breakfast, Location, cleanness, staff friendliness.

Noisy rooms located at the end the corridor, next to the local reserved for staff. Too long (30 minutes) and unfriendly check out !!!

location, equipments, quality of restaurants and bar

Lighting in main room was dim, but ok. Only 3 table lamps for lighting.

The breakfast selection was amazing, bed very comfortable, room was well spaced out.

Room was little bit noisy - it seems the room does not have 'double windows' to isolate it from street noise. One main reason for choosing this hotel was the heated indoor-pool. Indeed it is well-heated ( a bit too much) and seems more for relaxation than for swimming - it size is modest and actually between 1.5 and 1.0 m in depth - this is quite shallow to swim in. The pool also opens up to the outside terrace (on the 23rd floor) where the view is spectacular (even thought the perspective from inside the pool is then a bit low).

Room was very spacious (even had 2 showers). Bed was very good. The breakfast buffet was good (although with some bottlenecks - maybe because there was a large group)

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

the 3pm room availability, as we arrived at 9am though after complaing the management gave us an upgrade and we were allowed in immediately which was great

Great location , hotel was lovely , swimming pool was too small, staff very helpful was use this hotel again

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Studio City View

There was constructive noise every single morning which was annoying. Also the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeled off and bugs came out of it which is gross. We told the staff to fix it but got no results.

Their bed is so comfy! And the door man and the front desk were very friendly!

Booking an early car to the airport was badly mismanaged even though we double checked the arrangements.

Comfortable down-town hotel with easy access to public transport

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Studio City View

That we didn't stay longer

The upper city view rooms have a stunning view over the city. Great pool area on the rooftop which was nice to have a cocktail and take in the view at night

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Studio City View

Staff were great, super helpful. Am very cynical and didn't expect much as I had changed from a previous hotel. This was great and well worth the money. View from the room was fantastic and the pool was great. Definetly recommend

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Staff were very rude to me on arrival. It was my last city of a 4 month back packing holiday and I had decided to treat myself to a single room after sharing dorm rooms but when I entered the reception area I was told I had the wrong place. I gave them my reservation and still they treated me like I had no right to stay there

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Executive Suite

The pool is the highest in Buenos Aires and has fabulous views. Upper level city view rooms are best. Lifts are rapid- unlike some hotels! Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Dint like the fact that they charge for the daily water bottles in the room , no tea/coffee in the room. Wierd how a hotel of its stature charges for such small and most basic facilities . Maybe its the Argentinian way.

Its a nice hotel with good location and great staff !

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Double Room with City View

The staff are nice but are not quite exceptional. It's only a small point but it prevents the Panamericano from being brilliant.

We stayed in an Upper City View room, it had a great balcony and outstanding views over Avenida 9 de Julio. If you ask, 1503 is brilliant. Incidentally, room 1203 has the much cooler bathroom! If you'd like to soak it up in a free standing tub, watch TV and see some of Avenida 9, then this is the toom for you. City view rooms are spacious, have extremely comfortable beds and nicely appointed. Breakfasts at the Panamericano are also recommended. A nice assortment of breads, medias lunas, cereals, cold cuts, fruits, and some hot food (eggs, bacon, sausages) Don't miss the pool on level 23 - best views in the city, from the highest pool in the city!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Double Room with City View

Some of the staff need to be a little more careful when questioning the guests as to their reason for being at the hotel. When we returned from a day of walking around BA a person from the hotel made my fiancé and I feel quite unwelcome.

We loved the pool and gym on the roof level of the building. It offered spectacular views and a relaxing place to unwind after a big day.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

The staff try hard but just don't quite make it to exceptional status. They are good but tend to want to take easy options out of situations or simply not do things.

The upper city view rooms are exceptional. They are of a great size, have very comfortable beds, fantastics bathrooms and the views down Avenida 9 make it all worthwhile. The rooftop pool is exceptional. Its one of the main reasons that I stay at this hotel. Also, the Cigar Bar is old school in style and a great way to finish off a night on the town. Very central location.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Executive Suite

We stayed here for our honeymoon but did not get any special treatment, nor even a congratulation from the hotel staff, even though we specified it in our reservation and also when we did the check-in.

We got a studio room and it was really nice, spacious and quiet. Breakfast is awsome. Pool and spa were elegant and enjoyable. Not too crowded.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

This is my second visit. Better 5 years ago. It is in a nice location and staff/service are good. Bottom line - still better than most but some issues. Room - loud, could hear everything in hallway and difficult to sleep. ALso lots of light from LED sign across the street - all led to poor sleep. Breakfast - not that great compared with where I am staying in Brasil (for less money) - need to improve. Bathroom showed a lot of wear, plastic curtain holder, towel holder miscentred. Again it is still a good hotel but they need to focus on details if they want to be the best.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The first 2 nights of our stay weren't great! We had a shower which flooded the bathroom and towel rail that was hanging of the wall, plus a safe which didn't work. Also the noise coming from the hallway was very loud... mostly as there was no carpet in the hallway! After a couple of days of having to point these items out, we were moved to a new room. The breakfast could do with an overhaul... some things nice... like the compotes, yogurt etc. however, really could do with better pastries as seemed stale and get a new toaster!

The new room was nice... shower didn't flood and rack for towels firmly on wall. Staff were great, if you spoke to the right ones. The night manager and concierge need to be called out as especially good members of staff. The pool was amazing... great view of the city. Also a great location and very near public transport routes.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Executive Suite

There was nothing to dislike.

The stunning views. The location. The friendly, efficient staff. The facilities. The professional concierge, namely Juan. Pauline the hotel manager who made sure we were comfortable.

No complaints

Excellent location and staff

• Double Room with City View

Breakfast should have been better

• Studio

My room had a jacuzi that helped me to relaxe and i enjoyed also the pool and the beautiful scenery from the pool

Food at breakfast - no to to much to choose

Nice gym , v good location

• Executive Suite

Must-try top floor swimming pool and gym

• Studio City View

A daily change in selection of breakfast menu would have great

Check in assistance could be more cordial.

Breakfast was really delicious.

Little choices in Restaurant menu when you stay longer Towel need to be exchanged

Proximity theater Spa and pool View from 23 floor at night Bar

Triego at reception was outstanding!

All good

high crime area. no heat on cold night. room safe did not work even after they tried to fix it

good location except for street crime.

• Studio City View

Rooms with limited view, even on floor 15. Breakfast is very poor.

Location, large rooms

Beautiful swimming pool, comfortable beds, kind staff and very broad breakfast options.

• Superior Suite

Lights flickered

The pool

Balcony door was locked and couldn't be opened. Breakfast could have been better.

The rooms alte spacious and comfortable.

Nice hotel / good situation

N/a

Nice staff, excellent rooftop pool, unbelievable cigar room

Trying to charge double the price and making it look like it's my fault, breakfast, whome hotel not 5 but max 4*

Pool, room

Rooms needed to updated they were showingtheir age.

staff was very friendly and helpful

• Studio

Location and View from the top

Really basic place for a 5 star, I would say under par, old rooms and furniture, small swimming pool

Breakfast was poor