2. Argentina hotel reviews
  3. Buenos Aires hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of Panamericano Buenos Aires

Reviews of Panamericano Buenos Aires This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Carlos Pellegrini 551, C1009ABK Buenos Aires, Argentina

#123 of 443 hotels in Buenos Aires

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Fair.

The desk clerk told us the fist day of our stay that they did not have any rooms left for the 2nd day of our stay..., but I made reservation over the internet and the hotel had rooms for our second day... why the the desk clerk lied? Also as we exit he hotel on our check out day, a man/ security or what ever his title may be. asked us to show him our paid recipt??? why? just because we looked latin he was under the impression that we did not paid the bill?

close to downtown

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

A room with a view on top of Buenos Aires

I can't think of anything.

The staff is very nice, polite and helpful. The room with a view, was clean and beautifully decorated with a nice and spacious bathroom. The breakfast was excellent but the view from the 23rd floor was absolutely breathtaking. A must if you're in Buenos Aires.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

I have nothing nice to say about this hotel.

The staff were rude and the front desk. The breakfast was awful. The spa whilst having a nice view provided a below average facial for the price. The check in and check out was long and annoying.

I have nothing nice to say about this hotel. Stayed in a few in BA and this is not worth the money.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Absolutely surprising experience.

Should have stayed two weeks instead of one :-)

Absolutely surprising experience. I love rooftop pools and this one - heated- in their winter with the option to swim through the wall to the outdoor section was just sublime. In addition, one of the best equipped hotel gyms I’ve seen, satisfying for a bodybuilder personal trainer..haha! Peaceful place, highly recommended. Location great.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Good experience, could have been better
    • Studio City View

The facilities in the room do not match the five star standards. The windows are not soundproof, which makes the room very noisy, I have been to cheaper hotels with scales, robe, shaving kit, slippers, fridge, etc. in the room, but I couldn't even find tooth brush here. Also, the people who built the hotel must be very careless, a lot of little mistakes like the shower door doesn't close properly, holes on the wall, doors of the closet cannot close properly, hand towels far away from the sink, etc.

The pool is great, especially that you can have an impressive view of the city and the obelisco from there. Location is awesome, close to everything. Had dinner three times at the hotel and was very satisfied with the food.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Thank you for enjoyable stay.
    • Studio City View

Breakfast does not meet expectations for 5 star hotel, concierge service was not available on Monday. Bath robes were delivered only after our call to reception. Lack of complimentary bottled water upon arrival.

Very good, clean hotel, the best location in Buenos Aires, very good lunch buffet for just $45 US for two, with great service. TV has Fox News channel, which was big plus for us.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Great staff and good breakfast; pity about the room

When we arrived we were allocated a very small room which was dissimilar to the one in the pic on this website. There was also a hole in the window pane due to no handle which caused cold air to come through. We asked for another room and was shown one without a shower and very outdated - again very different to the one we saw on booking.com. We declined the offer. The next day i happen to look at my confirmation via the app and saw the room we were meant to be given which i showed to the staff. Wewere then given a room that looked like this. However the taps & holders were falling in the shower. Spots of bleach on the couch. Not perfect but bigger room and not cold as the window panes werent broken here. If you young and modern then i am not sure this hotel is for you. The pics are different from what you given so ensure you review on check in. Oh and no egg station but there was scrambled eggs everyday.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The quality of the breakfast was good. The heated pool although we didnt use it. The views from the top floor of the hotel. Opp the bus and walking distance to some attractions and shopping district.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Big room with the city view, comfortable bed.
    • Studio City View

The hotel is very old and it requires renovation. With the current conditions of the room it can not be rated as 5 star hotel. The breakfast was disgusting. Almost nothing to eat in this 5 star hotel. No vegitables at all, limited variety of ham and cheese (only one option cheapest). Scrambled eggs with awful smell. Almost no hot dishes, only potatos. Coffee is served from the tank and really bad! Absolutely terrible for this hotel rating. Swimming pool is also very old with old ceramics that will definately scratсhes you many times when you go in and out from the pool. The water is duty sometimes. In total the hotel absolutely doesn't relevant to money we paid.

Big room with the city view, comfortable bed. The hotel allowed us to have late check out that we appreciate.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Amazing hotel and staff; would stay again.
    • Double Room with City View

My room was on the 21st floor and the window latch was broken so it was a bit noisy. However at night the street was more quiet.

Great location just accross the street from the obelisk and colon theatre. Walking distance to everything and the front desk is extremely helpful is setting up dinners and any shows. We booked a dinner at Lo De Jesus and the hotel had arranged champagne for our group; how amazing !!!! My bag with passport and all ID as well as credit cards were stolen and the front desk was more than kind and patient dealing with me and calling all my credit card companies. Beautiful rooftop pool with views of the city.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Lovely hotel in great location - awful breakfast

It had the worst breakfast spread I had in a while. They needed to change the location and it was held in the events hall with old chairs, loud pop music and air conditioning that was too high. The breakfast food was just dreadful.

The pool, gym and bars were great. The room was nice and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

I'm very dissapointed. Overpriced for this level of service.
    • Executive Suite

The staff was unhelpful, I was waiting about 1 hour for bathrobes (they forgot to prepare bathrobes and slippers in my room before my check-in). They charge for water! Hotel with 5 stars with no free water, incredible! They will charge you about 3 usd for 1 bottle 0,25 l of water. Minibar was half-empty, 2 beers, 3 little bottles of wine, 2 chocolate bars and 3 bottles of water. And what's really surprised me that about 10 am there, in my room was a terrible drilling noise!!!

Fast check-in. Bed.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Great great view!
    • Studio

Some parts of the hotel need urgent upgrade, more details.

Great great view! Good location for first time visitor. Big rooms, great pool and balcony.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Business hotel with a nice rooftop pool

The area is so so. I would have never stayed in the microcentro if it had not been for business reasons. I would definitely look elsewhere for a personal stay. Breakfast is ok but on the weekend it was served in a big salon with no natural light and a blasting air conditioning, not very pleasant.

Very nice hotel with a good rooftop pool and it is very pleasant to use the pool in the hot season. I had a very large room with lots of light and a fantastic view of the obelisk. Staff is friendly and hotel was very efficient in giving me a room as soon as I arrived even though it was well before regular check in time. The beds are good (not fantastic but good enough) whereas the showers are great. The Wi-Fi worked well even though I only used it for simple emails and browsing.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Great hotel, great staff and great location in central Buenos Aires
    • Double Room with City View

The restaurant had a very limited menu, not enough staffing and just "ok" food...this is a problem with many city restaurants with many dining options nearby so do not hold this against the hotel!

The hotel staff were excellent and helped us with questions and making recommendations on where to eat. The rooftop pool was excellent and had great views of the city. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast had a good selection from eggs & bacon to granola & yogurt as well as good pastries.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Great hotel, great staff and great location in Buenos Aires.

There was construction going on the outside of the front of the hotel that made the hotel look bad and not inviting.

Great location, breakfast and rooms. The staff were especially attentive and recommended excellent restaurants to us. The pool was also excellent considering this was a city hotel.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

The view from the pool balcony is heavenly!
    • Studio

Wish the double beds for family stay were bigger. It is very tight for 2 people. Some small fixtures and service could be improved to reach a truly 5 star status.

The view from the pool balcony is heavenly! Room is very big for a family of 4. The location is great for first time travelers.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

great location good facilities needs som TLC

bathroom. breakfast

we stayed on two different occasions he first was friendly the second very unhelpful. we requested quiet not by lift but were next to lift. bathroom was old a in some disrepair. The staaf on second visit wire very in interested

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

great hotel . good location

restuarant staff were a bit strange and the gym closed too early for a major city! at least 10pm or 24 hours a bonus guys :-)

location was good we arrived late so didnt use gym or pool . good breakfast. and helpful staff to book airport transfers, friendly porter staff . we found a great italian restaurant just around the corner well priced with great service

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Location, view from 18th floor
    • Studio City View

A little bit dated, many small things not working: bathroom sink leaking, shade not retracting, balcony door difficult to close with no lock etc

Location, view from 18th floor

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Zero customer regard
    • Superior Suite

Horrendous customer service, literally the worst I've ever seen in a 5 star hotel. Zero regard for the customer even when issues are their fault (my shower didn't work, they didn't fix it for days, absolutely no compensation and I had to chase to speak to someone in Management. When they finally changed my room because I didn't have hot water for two days they acted like they did me a favour), emails to the concierge before arrival remain unanswered (we were told that we should have used an email address other than the only one they have on their website )magnetic cards wouldn't work, requests to the room such as an iron wouldn't arrive, all you would get from the staff is a shrug and a "we were busy with other customers". The property is not bad, everything else is a joke

Big and quite nice Opera Prima rooms

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Fair

My room was not as clean as I would have expected for the money. The neighbourhood was extremely loud and during the night you could hear the celebrations down the street. It was very difficult to sleep.

The pool on the rooftop is really nice and gym was algo very good.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Location of hotel is good.
    • Executive Suite

Our hotel room window didnt seem to work properly against noise from traffic on the main road. Lots of tour groups that stays at hotel which makes breakfast a rather unpleasant event. Quality of breakfast was not that great.

Location of hotel is good. Stuffs are quite friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2017

On 6th Dec morning , we arrived the hotel, they gave me a room 3130 was very bad smelly,

Thief stole my friends money which is putting under the pillow , when my friends came back after swimming, his wallet was on the bed not under the pillow, report to the hotel ,mananger didn’t came to room to sort out this problem.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

We wont go back there

The localizarion The view The size of the bad

Croissant sleeping taste Bathroom jacuzzi dont work Party at the pool in guestroom time use Pool water turbeb, unclean Absence of concierge

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Staff made the best of a bad experience which made the stay better than it could have been

Bag disappeared from checked baggage Plumbing and hair dryer not up to standard Safe didn’t work

Asistant Manager Patrice very helpful as important bag disappeared from lobby check in With essential clothes meds etc He and others made the best of a very bad situation Very good location for getting to sights

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Liked the location and view from the top floor where the gym...

Only a cigar bar, would have preferred a bar option that was not smoke filled and smelly.

Liked the location and view from the top floor where the gym and pool are.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Beautiful hotel with amazing rooftop pool and good service
    • Suite

Located on a very busy avenue walking distance to many sites; we were on the 15th floor so did not have a problem with street noise. Not a great location for good/local restaurants. I think we paid more than what it was worth, but overall a good experience.

Hotel with beautiful facilities - highly recommend the rooftop pool, even just to check out the views. Staff were great and very helpful, especially for such a large hotel! Had a full breakfast available.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

good hotel but not 5* service
    • Studio City View

The staff is not friendly. I didn't have towels in my room and I had to ring the reception 3 times and wait over 30 mins to have a annoyed guy to bring them up. I sent them an email requesting some info and I'm still waiting an answer...

The hotel has a very classic design and the pool area is very cool

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Pool in five stars should cleaner than this. Breakfast variety is limited Once i requested the breakfast to my room they charge me separately, though my booking inculdes the breakfast ( but i should go down :))

Location Staff is quite helpful.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

The friendly and extremely helpful staff was the best part...

Breakfast needs some work.

The friendly and extremely helpful staff was the best part of our stay. The location is great; very short walk to Plaza de Mayo, shopping, metro, and great eats.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Absolutely HORRENDOUS but very costly!
    • Studio City View

5* price but 3* breakfast, noisy plumbing (from shower etc in OTHER rooms) & noisy bathroom extractor. No balcony & only OK view & 2* TV (most rooms). WiFi did NOT work well (or not at all). Absolutely ATROCIOUS service. They resolve problems very slowly or NEVER. They LIE (constantly) to paying guests (or don't answer the phone)! I received ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL treatment. All evening (4 hrs) they REFUSED to fix my guest WiFi (1 or 2 minute task) & LIED repeatedly. I was so FURIOUS I had to go out for a drink to calm down. Then I had to go to a pizzaria at midnight to get WiFi. If you want 5* service or a 5* breakfast or 5* accomodation or any WiFi at all - you should STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Great central location & superb views but only from the top few floors. Nothing else worth the price!...

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Good location in city centre

Dark room with no natural daylight. Asked for bottle opener on 4 occasions to open a beer from minibar and never received one!

Good gym with great view

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

With the rooms that they gave us is no worth that money.

The rooms that they gave us are completely different to the photos that you see on Booking.com. Are really old, and need maintenance.

The bed was good, food is really good at the hotel's restaurant. Level 23 swimming pool it's the best part of the hotel because of the view of the city.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Staff was excellent, and so was the location and the bedding!

Breakfast options are rather limited for the health conscious

Staff was excellent, and so was the location and the bedding! Room service and ironing service immaculate and extra fast!

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Location is perfect.
    • Studio City View

Too manycongress and business meetings that make hotel crowded

Location is perfect. Comfort bed, big room, nice view. Helpful staff soecially Mr Burgos at reception

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

Needs common areas to be CLEANED
    • Studio

The hotel is quite dirty and it's common to find broken things. Dead flies all over the living room area at the lobby. Furniture at the lobby was covered in dust. The shower door had its handle broken so couldn't use it as it wouldn't even open; had to use the bath tub option the whole time. Hair dryer didn't work. Night stand lamp didn't work. Visited the upper deck (pool area), it all looked worn down. The water in the pool was all dirty, the floors were dirty (and I don't mean wet), had travelled with my bathing suit looking forward to bathe at the hotels pool... however once there, I was disappointed and grossed out; never bothered to visit the pool area again during my week 7-seven days of stay.

The room was comfortable, room size was really good. I had booked a junior suite.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

This is one of the best Hotels we have stayed at. We loved the character and flavour of everything .

We loved everything and would only critisize one thing. While in the bar area in the evening enjoying a quiet drink a lady across from us was eating McDonalds!! Is this appropriate we wondered for such a fantastic hotel .The smell of the burger and chips didnt quite go with the surrounds!!

Everything ws excellent. The staff were so friendly and helpful even though we didnt speak spainish. The room was fantastic and the pool was lovely. A wonderful way to finish a very exhausting holiday, we will be back to this hotel for sure!!

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Stay away. Noisy fire hazard

Noisy, fourteen lanes of traffic outside the hotel and the room doors need to be slammed. The plug sockets were so slack that plugs fell out of the wall. The shower leaks badly, and the floor is drenched and slippery. If this happens to the room above you then it pours through the light sockets onto your floor AND, best of all, the staff don't care. I brought it up three times and they couldn't give the proverbial. Stay elsewhere.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2017

Pretty damn bad

We got raw chicken when we ordered ceasar salads to our room. Inedible food.

We got raw chicken when we ordered ceasar salads to our room. Inedible food.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

Great hotel, great value located at the main strip in Buenos Aires
    • Studio City View

Since the hotel is located right by the Obelisk, when there is a protest, traffic to access the hotel could be painful.

Breakfast, Location, cleanness, staff friendliness.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2017

Overall great stay in Buenos Aires Downtown

Noisy rooms located at the end the corridor, next to the local reserved for staff. Too long (30 minutes) and unfriendly check out !!!

location, equipments, quality of restaurants and bar

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

The breakfast selection was amazing, bed very comfortable,...

Lighting in main room was dim, but ok. Only 3 table lamps for lighting.

The breakfast selection was amazing, bed very comfortable, room was well spaced out.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

Full up before long trip back to Europe

Room was little bit noisy - it seems the room does not have 'double windows' to isolate it from street noise. One main reason for choosing this hotel was the heated indoor-pool. Indeed it is well-heated ( a bit too much) and seems more for relaxation than for swimming - it size is modest and actually between 1.5 and 1.0 m in depth - this is quite shallow to swim in. The pool also opens up to the outside terrace (on the 23rd floor) where the view is spectacular (even thought the perspective from inside the pool is then a bit low).

Room was very spacious (even had 2 showers). Bed was very good. The breakfast buffet was good (although with some bottlenecks - maybe because there was a large group)

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Lovely hotel great location

the 3pm room availability, as we arrived at 9am though after complaing the management gave us an upgrade and we were allowed in immediately which was great

Great location , hotel was lovely , swimming pool was too small, staff very helpful was use this hotel again

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

It's just ok.
    • Studio City View

There was constructive noise every single morning which was annoying. Also the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeled off and bugs came out of it which is gross. We told the staff to fix it but got no results.

Their bed is so comfy! And the door man and the front desk were very friendly!

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Good comfortable down-town hotel

Booking an early car to the airport was badly mismanaged even though we double checked the arrangements.

Comfortable down-town hotel with easy access to public transport

• Reviewed: March 8, 2017

Excellent stay and will return again
    • Studio City View

That we didn't stay longer

The upper city view rooms have a stunning view over the city. Great pool area on the rooftop which was nice to have a cocktail and take in the view at night

• Reviewed: February 1, 2017

Pleasantly surprised
    • Studio City View

Staff were great, super helpful. Am very cynical and didn't expect much as I had changed from a previous hotel. This was great and well worth the money. View from the room was fantastic and the pool was great. Definetly recommend

• Reviewed: January 15, 2017

Not worth the money

Staff were very rude to me on arrival. It was my last city of a 4 month back packing holiday and I had decided to treat myself to a single room after sharing dorm rooms but when I entered the reception area I was told I had the wrong place. I gave them my reservation and still they treated me like I had no right to stay there

• Reviewed: January 7, 2017

Good central location for Buenos Aires.
    • Executive Suite

The pool is the highest in Buenos Aires and has fabulous views. Upper level city view rooms are best. Lifts are rapid- unlike some hotels! Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

WiFi was terrible, few things missing in breakfast.

WiFi was terrible, few things missing in breakfast..

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Service was good in all other things
    • Studio

The spa didn't work they told us it was to noisy. Disappointed.

Service was good in all other things

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Excelente

Demora en el check out

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

Would stay again
    • Studio City View

Window did not close properly so traffic noise was a problem. Fixed quickly when fault notified to staff

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Insects in the bread basket

Insects in the bread basket

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

The actual room doesn’t match what’s in the photos of the booking com

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

very expensive without justification.
    • Double Room with City View

street garbage in front hotel door.

good location.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

memorable

No complaints

Excellent location and staff

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Enjoyed stay, excellent loation!!
    • Double Room with City View

Breakfast should have been better

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

• Studio

My room had a jacuzi that helped me to relaxe and i enjoyed also the pool and the beautiful scenery from the pool

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Nice gym , v good location

Food at breakfast - no to to much to choose

Nice gym , v good location

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

We can only recommend it as a must-stay in this iconic hotel
    • Executive Suite

Must-try top floor swimming pool and gym

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Very nice
    • Studio City View

A daily change in selection of breakfast menu would have great

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Breakfast was really delicious.

Check in assistance could be more cordial.

Breakfast was really delicious.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Elegant Old charm with exellent location

Little choices in Restaurant menu when you stay longer Towel need to be exchanged

Proximity theater Spa and pool View from 23 floor at night Bar

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Triego at reception was outstanding!

Triego at reception was outstanding!

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Great central hotel with character

All good

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

good location except for street crime.

high crime area. no heat on cold night. room safe did not work even after they tried to fix it

good location except for street crime.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Good location.
    • Studio City View

Rooms with limited view, even on floor 15. Breakfast is very poor.

Location, large rooms

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Beautiful swimming pool, comfortable beds, kind staff and...

Beautiful swimming pool, comfortable beds, kind staff and very broad breakfast options.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

The pool
    • Superior Suite

Lights flickered

The pool

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

The rooms alte spacious and comfortable.

Balcony door was locked and couldn't be opened. Breakfast could have been better.

The rooms alte spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018