Reviews of Park Silver Obelisco 4 stars

Cerrito, 330, C1010AAH Buenos Aires, Argentina

#88 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

Upscale quality at a reasonable cost.
    • Standard Twin Room

A Charming boutique-style Hotel with delightful staff. We were greeted with a friendly hello every time we walked in the main (only) entrance. Our room had all the little extras - glass rather than plastic glasses, bathroom amenities and a make-up mirror, 2 upholstered chairs and good lighting, very comfortable bed & pillows with quality bedding. Hotel is located very close to SUBE and numerous restaurants & bars.

Excellent Hotel

There was no bar or restaurant which was missed on one occasion, however it is so central, there isn't a ahlrtahe of places to fo

I liked it all. We were upgraded die to my son being part of Team UK for Tae Kwon Do, it was the world championship. It was an ideal location. Staff were polite. It was clean, tidy and comfortable

A lovely place to stay in the centre of Buenos Aires

I was happy with the room, the hotel and the staff.

The location is one of the best locations in the city - right alongside the Obelisk. This was an easy walk from most major attractions. The region is safe and interesting.

The rooms are nice but make sure you wont take one in the...

The loud hotel ventilations for the rooms on the first floor kept me up all night.

The rooms are nice but make sure you wont take one in the first floor

Very good location, very good rooms and staff. Woeth the price

When we used shower, some of the water flown on the ground and everywhere was wet. Not that amazing breakfsst - just coffe, toast with jam and yogurt

Very nice hotel and friendly staff. We got upgraded room with view to Obleisco at 6th floor. Very good location, we have walked to all main spots on foot. Lot of good rated restaurants at walking distance. Supermsrket just under the corner

Good Memories.
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything was good. I wouldn't say it exceeded my expectations but the hotel is comfortable and clean.

Location is great. Can't be any more central to the city.

Great staff but mouldy rooms, far below a 4-star hotel as advertized
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms are unhealthy, visible mould in corners and walls, smells like dump, ventilation needs to be cleaned as dirty air is pumped in the room, mould visible on the fan frame. Carpets too old and smelly.

Staff is very kind and accommodating

I would stay here again.

One day they didn’t make up my room but I believe that was because I extended my stay and the housekeeping service believed I was checking out. So that was entirely understandable.

Great location very central to everything. While the room was small I actually ended up on the top floor with a wonderful view. The staff was quite helpful. I have a limited command of Spanish and they were quite accomodating. I only had the complementary breakfast 1 day preferring the Starbucks which was right next door.

Bed comfortable, evening desk staff excellent, location

Booking.com confirmed that I'd pay in USD with my card & hotel couldn't do that. Will not use Booking again. No fan in bathroom so mold on ceiling & carpet very soiled. Breakfast minimal, more like desserts. WiFi went out 1 nite as did electricity.

Bed comfortable, evening desk staff excellent, location

We had a spacious room with a really comfortable bed and a...

The breakfast buffet is OK, but would be nice if it had some more choices...

We had a spacious room with a really comfortable bed and a great view of the Obelisco, the hotel is at an ideal location to do some sightseeing of Buenos Aires! The personnel is very friendly and helpful.

Old world charm in the thick of the action

We insisted on a room with a view of the obelisk but an inside view would have been more quiet.

Breakfast had cheeses and meats as well as pastries but there were no eggs. Coffee was OK but if you wanted, there was a Starbucks next door. The front dest was really helpful and even took us a few blocks to find our ride when the main street was blocked by a demonstration.

Glass door of the tub was difficult to open.

Glass door of the tub was difficult to open. Not much space to get in the tub. The rest of the facilities was very good. Staff, excellent people. Very nice and always tryng to help.

Nice and comfortable hotel in the heart of the city, close...

Rather poor breakfast, poor coffee.

Nice and comfortable hotel in the heart of the city, close to main touristic sights. Good Wifi, friendly staff. View from the window was to a tiny and dark courtyard....it was good in a way due to less noise and summer heat. Really good value for the money.

Basically, it did the job.
    • Standard Twin Room

I had hoped, having arrived at 11PM after a full day's travel, to be allowed an extra couple hours before checkout. I thought it had been arranged. However, I was told I had to be out by Noon, like everyone else. However, I was mollified by their willingness to watch my bags for me while I walked around town for a couple hours. The only other thing I'd have done would have been to take a short nap.

You get what you pay for

Could not get a room until exactly 3pm. Room was very tiny. Shower screen over the bath is fitted incorrectly and dangerous

The location was perfect for seeing the sites. Close to public transport and many bars and restaurants.

Lovely hotel beside the beautiful Obelisk which is a site to see after dark. No complaints!

View from our room was not great - but that is typical of European style old cities. We asked for quiet room so maybe that is why we were not on the side with the view????

Quiet room with all amenities, great bed, very helpful and friendly staff, excellent continental (cold) breakfast (lots of choice and very good coffee!) Staff even mapped out streets we should take to be safe from pickpockets.

Good place to stay near everything, with amazing views!
    • Standard Twin Room

Some of the morning staff wasn't so helpful. Also, the staff came to our room 3 times, without us calling them, and even though they knocked and we replied: do not enter, they entered anyway. A bit funny, but uncomfortable situation though. They also cleaned our room 2 times each day (which it's good for us but other guest complained about no cleaning service). I'd assume that they need to be more organised. I'd definitely come back though, it's a good place to stay.

The location it's perfect. The view is amazing! You have the Obelisco as a view, and it's great. The room was big, the beds were really comfy (good mattress). Exactly like the pictures. Definitely worth to stay there.

Superb location, good WiFi, clean and neat.

The views of the Obelisco is not from all rooms, and no access to terrace on roof.

Superb location just next to Obelisco, lots of ATMs, restaurants, shops next to the hotel. Easy access to buses and taxis as they are found on the Avenue where the hotel is located. Good WiFi in room and the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was good, not only jam and sweet croissants, but also dark bread, ham, cheese, juice and fruits. I notified the hotel of my early arrival and they had a room waiting for me!

we arrived early and they were able to accomodate us.

Nothing!!

we arrived early and they were able to accomodate us. The location near the Oblesk was incredible. Breakfast was very nice, Staff was very friendly and efficient

Nothing exceptional. Nothing too wrong.

Our room was way too small. There was barely space to move once we entered our luggage into the room. It is however the cheaper one. I would strongly recommend a bigger one. (This is not on the hotel, but AVOID Buenos Aires. It's dirty and unsafe. We got robbed on main avenues in the city center)

The staff was very very good. Helped us effectively with everything we asked in a very friendly manner. In general everything else was simply OK but nothing special.

Got given a free upgrade so had a wonderful view of the...

Didn’t sign up for the breakfast and glad we didn’t. Breakfast looked average for the extra price they wanted.

Got given a free upgrade so had a wonderful view of the Obelisco! Central location. Very helpful front desk.

Didn’t answer our expectations
    • Standard Twin Room

1. NOT Europeans sockets 2. They don’t give adapters for the sockets :((((((( couldn’t charge anything for 2 days 3. They didn’t clean our room at all while staying there! They didn’t come during the day! What a shame 4. Although we had 1 hour more before the late check out the maid came for several times to remind us about our check out time

1. The location is very central 2. The room is spacious 3. Nice breakfast 4. Extremely nice bed and bedsheets!!! You sleep like on the heaven (or maybe we were that tired 😀) 5. Provided us with late genius check out 6. Our friend brought our luggage without us and left it in the hotel without us without any problems- the stuff was helpful 7. There is a good food supermarket close to it and several metro stations

Excellent start of a trip to Argentina

The impressive view of the obelisk comes with the noise of the street. If you are sensitive to noise, consider this

This cozy hotel is centrally located in Buenos Aires. The lovely staff helped us with everything and always with a smile. Breakfast is good compared to what is customary here. We'll go back there happily!

Tango entertainment, best pizza a few blocks away, & quiet rooms in B. A.!

The breakfast could've been a little more healthy.

The young man at the front desk was exceptionally helpful. I believe his name was Juan. He directed us to the BEST Tango & dinner spot in B.A. He really made our stay at the Park Silver fantastic! Also, the manger helped me print out our cruise ship boarding cards. He was very nice as well. Great location!

We get what we pay for apparently

Despite repeated requests, the room was not cleaned of mold on the bathroom door or corrosion/rust on the showerhead, let alone vacuuming - including a pair of woman's slippers still there! - beneath the bed. Bathroom exhaust is poor, leading to condensation and mold. Otherwise the room is fine.

Wi-Fi worked everywhere, very friendly staff, and excellent location close to the Obelisk

Since our arrival, we were warmly welcomed by the hotel staff, the service was excellent!

We liked everything, but it would be really good if the hotel had a pool (since Buenos Aires is extremely hot in summer)

We loved that it was at the heart of the city, we had everything we wanted near us, like supermarkets, many restaurants, bookstores, theatres, etc.

Excellent staff and location. I would stay here again.

A little dated and a little faded but the positives more than make up for the negatives.

The staff and location are excellent. They held my luggage while I took a 4 day trip to Iguazu Falls. This was my second stay at the Park Silver Obelisco. This stay was for three nights, while my first stay was for 6 nights. I stayed in room #907 this time. I had an exterior room facing 9 de Julio which made for a noisier stay but did offer great views out the balcony. The advertising screens across the street are very bright at night amd some of that light filters into the room. Turn the A/C on and shut the drapes tight. The bed and pillows are most comfortable. Breakfast was varied and satisfying. Rooms are dated but the bathrooms have been remodeled. Subway, food, and sightseeing are right out the front door. This is not the Ritz but it is excellent value for the money. I was so happy with the service I received I tipped housekeeping and the midnight front desk staff who went out of their way to assist me.

I would stay here again! Excellent location and staff.

This is an older hotel and the carpeting and chair upholstery in #403 could stand to be replaced.

I stayed here for 6 nights. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The A/C worked very well. The bathroom had recently been updated. There was a fridge in the room. It was an interior room so it was dark and quiet if you wanted to sleep in. There is a subway stop right out the front door and you are walking distance to everything you need. The staff are so nice and take great care of you. The breakfast was also more than adequate. Excellent value for the money.

Very Good Hotel in Downtown BA

The shower door did not close perfectly which caused some minor flooding to the bathroom floor but nothing that could impact its good rating.

The staff is wonderful and the bed was the best of the whole trip. It is also extremely well located, right in the city center, with various transportation options right outside of the hotel. Certainly one of the best of its category.

Nice hotel in the hearth of BA

Lifts didn't work very well. This hotel needs a bit of renovation.

Located in the city center, next to the Obelisco square. Friendly and helpful stuff. Spacious and clean rooms. They have organised a few transfers for me and it was always nice.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Good hotel

The cleanliness can be improved. I still have a problem with the hotel; I booked three rooms, for all colleagues. At the authorization of the card for reservation the rooms (with free cancelling), the hotel blocked on my card the total amount of money. It is still blocked, even if I called two times to ask the hotel to release it, as we all payed for our rooms before leaving the hotel. It is not fair.

The hotel was OK, our best option, the facilities are good and the area is the best in the city.

Obelisk hotel

A bit dated. Little public space. Breakfast no great choice. Room and bed comfortable. Shower works well

Location was good for getting around in all directions walking an with public transport or taxis and ubers. Friendly staff but not very engaging.

Great location. Very helpful staff.

Great location. Nice (small) room at the rear of the property, which meant having the air con. outside the window, but avoided the street noise if the room had been at the front of the hotel. The reception staff were particularly friendly/helpful.

Location, location location.

The staff! Extremely rude and arrogant. They have no idea on how to deal with customers, I suggest they take training or find different professions. The only good one was at check out. He does the night shift since we checked out super early. ( I travel for busines at least 200 days of the year and I stay in lots of hotels)

Location, location location. Plenty of other option next door.

Not a 4 Star

This is not a four star hotel. The only way it’s worth what you pay is if you get upgraded. We weren’t. Everything about the hotel and the room was cheap, toiletries, linen, bedding, breakfast. the room we had was too small to fit a normal sized suitcase and you can’t open the window due to the huge engine/ generator running next to the room. The shower ran like a garden hose tap. You can pay a bit more in BA and get a lot better, or pay significantly less and get the same.

Location, staff and cleanliness. Would be fine if the price was budget.

Location is excellent, right in the middle of the city and...
    • Standard Twin Room

Obviously due to the centric location, next to the main avenue, street noise is audible, despite the double-paned windows. Street doors are locked going in and out and have to be opened via button by the staff, this is a bit annoying

Location is excellent, right in the middle of the city and next to the iconic obelisk. Staff was very friendly though they couldn't give us the room before the appointed time of 3 PM. Rooms were roomy, clean, classy and modern. The photo is the view from our room!

Thouroughly enjoyed my stay, hotel was great, and staff were brilliant. I would definitely recom

Wi-Fi poor, I don't use a lot, but when I do, I need it to be reliable. A/C unit in the room was leaking, and had been for some time as the carpet was badly stained.

Excellent location, and I was upgraded to a superior room with a view of the Obelisco Comfortable and clean room, facilities were very good Staff excellent, and extremely helpful

Very basic

Carpet in my room full of stains. Overlooked the front: very noisy. No kettle in the room and hotel wouldn't send hot water to the room - suggested I go down to the gym. Decor style okay, but pretty worn-out. Lounge in lobby too open/exposed.

An average hotel that does not really live up to its 4 star rating!
    • Standard Twin Room

Had to change room on arrival due to extremely dirty carpet. Second room ok but bathroom had mold growth on ceiling. Breakfast generally good but could be improved with a little more variety .... after a few days gets a bit boring!

Convenience of location. Staff friendly and helpful.

central and nice

the double room advertised on the pictures on booking is actually not the one you get there is only 4 rooms like this in the hotel, the other double are much smaller you can't even walk aournd the bed. the twin are the one that are advertised.

day staff are nice central warn cosy twin room

Very very close to the Obelisco and very convenient, several...

Very very close to the Obelisco and very convenient, several minutes' walk to a big supermarket across from the arguably widest road in the world. The hot water came out quickly of the shower and bathroom amenities were provided. Breakfast was included in the rate and the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

A pleasant stay

Excellent location, a stone's throw from the Obelisco. Helpful staff who answered my questions and helped call a taxi to the airport. The hot water came out quickly of the shower. Breakfast was included.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Great Location, Safe, Clean, and Nice Hotel to stay in BA. Free Breakfast is a+++++

Great Hotel, Breakfast free, location was the best, close to Obelisco and walking distance to all the attraction. Hop On Hop Off Bus near by. Exchange your dollar to Western Union higher rate than the bank just down the street from the hotel and if you use the TAXI from the airport going to this hotel make sure that all the TOLLS are included on the amount you agree, cause most taxi derivers don't speak English and that is the excuse for charging you more.

Good central location but lacking facilities.
    • Standard Twin Room

No view from our room (209) or from the internal breakfast-only restaurant. Internal phones not working. Noisy air-con.

Large bathroom, good hot water, very nice breakfast, central location right next to a metro station.

Convenient location but attention for bath room.
    • Standard Twin Room

The drainage of bath room is terrible. The floor of bath room was flood when I used bath tub or shower. Changed of room. Second room is still bad. Finally give up.

Only convenient location.

Great location, incredibly wonderful staff, decent breakfast, crappy room

Our Standard Double room with genious discount was at the back with a window to the "courtyard" which meant the room was very small, dark and had no wifi signal. The constant very loud hum of the aircon made it difficult to sleep with the window open but the room was stuffy with the window closed. The bed was way too soft for our liking and the shower safety/hand rail was almost pulled out of the wall. On 3 of our 6 days the breakfast staff was overwhelmed with work so platters, jugs and bowls were empty, glasses were missing and then the toasters broke :(

The location was fabulous, every taxi driver can get you to the Obelisco no matter how bad your Spanish is. There are lots of restaurants, bars and shops all around (we enjoyed Guerrin and Las Cañas - both a 5-10min walk away) and you're within easy walking distance to Plaza de Mayo. San Telmo is best reached on foot in about 15min (if you're there on a Sunday go see the San Telmo market and eat a Choripan while you're at it) The subway station and the bus stops are just in front of the hotel in case you go further and there are masses of taxis just waiting for you. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, Ignacio on afternoons went above and beyond to find the obscure restaurants we were looking for and got us reservations. Mariana on the morning shift found us the insider tours we'd heard about and booked them for us and her morning shift partner Fanuco (spelling?) promised to send our postcards for us after the General Strike and the Day of Post and Telecomunication hindered us from doing it ourselves. We really loved these guys, always friendly, always smiling, always helpful. Breakfast is a good selection of breads, pastries, jams, cheeses and hams with different teas, juices and coffee. We spent 6 days here and didn't get bored of the breakfast which is saying something.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Location is ok, it is in downtown.

This is very terrible hotel that I never experience , first, room is very dirty , second, reception trying to cheat me always say no invoice, machine has problem and maybe send to my email , after that I did many times call to ask invoice , they said ok 5 mins will send to you email, 4 days after I still not get any response, then I try to make phone call again , they said who are you, are you sure you live in Silver park hotel?

Location is ok, it is in downtown.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Good hotel in a great location

no coffee/tea maker in the room. Arrived at the hotel around noon and was told the room won't be ready until 3pm (the official check-in time) - big surprise (never experienced this before anywhere I traveled).

great location, staff friendly and willing to help, value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Great Staff and Superb Location

Unfortunately the room phones were not working. However staff enabled me to call from the Reception desk.

Location, location, location. Friendly staff who spoke good English & high quality fittings and room furnishings.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Get the superior double room

We got a free upgrade to superior double rooms because our regular double was not ready on time - excellent service. We did get to see the standard double and it was really small and had no view so it really worked out for us. Rooms were very soundproof with the balcony door closed.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The wifi worked really well!

The wifi worked really well! The room was very comfortable and the people at the front desk were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The location is excellent for exploring the centre of the...

The location is excellent for exploring the centre of the city. All the staff were very helpful answering our questions about transportation, restaurants and accessing ATM's. Our room was very clean and comfortable and had a wonderful view of the main square and the obelisk.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Great location olde world charm

The wifi in the room did not work . Needed to go out to the lobby or outside the room. Glad there was a comfy chair there.

Position was excellent. Subway at the door. Buses across the road. So quiet due to soundproof windows. Restaurants and theatres abound. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Fixed my broken glasses willingly. Old world charm to rooms. The first room was a little small , they upgraded us to a bigger room. Very happy with that too.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

A room with a gorgeous view over Avenida 9 Julio and the Obelisco

breakfast!!!! There weren't too many options, mainly sweets and the food quality was very poor. The juices could not be drank (too chemical so Coca Cola would appear as an organic natural smoothie compared to them :-) ) and the water was only tap water with too much chlorine in it. You can invest in a decent water filter and have something decent to drink for breakfast

the staff was very, very helpful and nice; the location; the view from the room - be sure you book a room with a view! It is worth it! convenient airport transfer

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Central location.

The room was hot, I guess the air conditioning was not functioning properly.

Central location. Nice, clean and comfortable room. WiFi connection. Helpful staff. Very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Good

Cleanliness can be improved, also the matress and the pillows were in pretty bad shape. Also the bed covers has seen better times if these Ítems are improved then the rating can be a 9.0. Finally you must include at least one multi power Outlet that support Type A and B. for US and Europe. in each room by the desk.

Location was Great

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Nice hotel

I booked under the Genius label which said I could check out late. Apparently this is not a guarantee as the hotel was full and they could not grant me a 2 hour extension. They also gave me a twin room and I had to call and have it replaced as I was traveling solo and my reservation was for a double bed. breakfast is not included and you need to pay extra. It was the usual ham, cheese and assorted bread so I decided to have my breakfast elsewhere. No english channels.

Really nice bed/sheets, cold aircon, fast wifi. Staff helpful and will give you information about the area. Great location, very central and with a metro stop nearby. infront of obelisk, 2 blocks from Teatro Colon.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Avoid rooms facing the back

Rooms facing the back are very depressing. Barely any natural light and room is very small. The pictures displayed are from their best rooms, definitely not the one I was given. Carpet has disgusting stains. Lifts are super slow and old. Definitely needs an overall face lift. Cannot exchange money with them which is weird for a four star hotel.

Location is excellent. Obelisco is right outside although not many good restaurants around. Bed is comfy and shower is good.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Superb location

A comfortable hotel with friendly, helpful staff (who speak English), clean rooms and good breakfast. Location in the middle of the city opposite the Obelisk and close to theatres and the Subte (underground).

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The location was central and within easy access.
    • Standard Twin Room

The location was central and within easy access. The staff were very helpful. The room and facilities were clean. Thank you for a great stay.

Excelente
    • Standard Twin Room

The best staff , they helped me a lot !

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location, comfort

The charge for early check-in was excessive

Location, comfort

No WiFi. Room was too small

Dread and jo trip

Had a lovely stay; hotel in city center and near all shopping

Brilliant and unforgettable, what a great City and Country to visit, especially Patagonia.

All good.

The location is superb, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the room was very nice and comfortable.

This hotel is in a great location, comfortable room, it was perfect for us!

Comfortable bed.

Breakfast could be better

Breakfast could be better

Comfortable place in the city center

Everything was fine

The staff was nice and the room was very comfortable.

In case coming once more I will stay in this hotel again

Small room

Location was good

Good hotel right in the center of Buenos Aires

The breakfast was very mediocre.

The location. Right in the center of Buenos Aires. Also I liked the Starbucks inside the hotel :)

Will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends
    • Standard Twin Room

Room looked a bit old , but it did not spoil the impression of the hotel

Good hotel in the heart of BA. very pleasant and helpful staff. Perfect view.

Everything was perfect-

Location, service.

Air conditioning system

Easy location in a historic setting

The front desk staff went out of their way to help us. The spoke English which was the only language we speak well.

The staff were so helpful to tourists who don't speak...

Not a thing!

The staff were so helpful to tourists who don't speak Spanish, giving us directions and suggestions for places to eat and visit.

Browse Park Silver Obelisco traveller photo gallery