Reviews of Hotel Reconquista Garden 4 stars

Esmeralda 675, C1007ABE Buenos Aires, Argentina

#218 of 436 hotels in Buenos Aires

Fell somewhat short of 4-star expectation

The curtains didn't fully close. The shower worked intermittently only. The TV was permanently fuzzy. Loud music from the room next door in the early hours was shrugged off by the staff.

The location was good and a good breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Buenos Aires

Good location. Less than 30 min walking to most of the central attractions and port. Subway stations near-by. Room was comfortable and WiFi OK. Helpful and professional staff. Warm buffet breakfast available and decent priced lunch and dinner possible onsite. No problems with credit card.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

We book for a twin-bed room but they give us two double-bed...

We book for a twin-bed room but they give us two double-bed rooms at the same price (another option is a room with very large double-bed, but my mom would rather sleep alone)! I can't belive it! As the room is rather big and exquisite!!! The garden is lovely too and the guys are nice. Really happy to live here.

Breakfast and location.

The air conditioning system did not work properly. I needed help starting it and once it did it turned on and off throughout the night. I complained and was told theynwere going to fix it but the second night when I got back to the hotel I had the same problem. I asked for a different room and was denied. I could not sleep well.

Breakfast and location. I was doing a course just across the street.

Not recommended

I didn't actually liked anything. Everything in the hotel is not properly taken care of. Staff do what they can, but their attitude could be better. Do yourself a favor, have breakfast in another place.

Location is good for business travelers.

Very friendly and helpful staff, definitely reccomended.
    • Standard Triple Room

Very friendly and helpful staff. I had a little accident during my stay, I fainted in the swimming pool area and got injured. The whole staff was very nice and helpful and provided the best assistance, calling the ambulance and taking me to the hospital. I was very lucky I was in this hotel when that happend. Definitely reccomended.

Avoid! Never again!

Everything... Not a 4-star hotel... Filthy! Stains and dirt on carpets and walls. Dirty courtains. Stinky pillows. Paper thin walls - heard my one neighbours fighting, others having sex. The guy from front desk tried to copy security code of my credit card! Poor breakfast. Youth hostels are better...

Booked it in last minute so I had to pay a higher price and...
    • Standard Triple Room

Booked it in last minute so I had to pay a higher price and only got a three bedroom place. Staff is friendly especially the women at the breakfast buffet. Hotel is in a good location, just a few minutes walk from everything

I probably would stay there again. Good price and good location.
    • Standard Twin Room

They charge you $2.50 USD per bag to stow your luggage after checkout. ie... you have to check out 11:00 am and your flight doesn’t leave until evening. Petty I thought.

Large beds and location.

Would stay again

Carpet was on need of repair/replacement. Had issues with no lights in bathroom.

The young lady operating the afternoon receptiontion desk was fantastic both times I stayed there and was the main reason I returned the second time due to her helpfulness fulfilling my requests.

Good central location, rooms fairly clean , phone to reception didn't work. Breakfast was good.
    • Standard Twin Room

We're due to stay at hotel 3 times during tour but one of our stays of one night was cancelled due to incorrect credit card details, a bit strange as we had stayed there 2 weeks before and this card used. When we phoned to ask why and to please keep our room for us as we were arriving late at night , we were told they were full. The staff in this case were unhelpful! Had to quickly book somewhere else which was not easy as did not have good internet connection.

Very good place and will be staying there again

Scambled eggs could be drier and not so moist but I found that 'runny' eggs seems to be the norm in Argentina (when the few hotels serve them in the breakfast)

Breakfast was better than most places I stayed at during my 6 weeks in Agentina. Good location.Comfortable bed.Helpful friendly staff.

The staff was nice and the room was big
    • Budget Triple Room

The WiFi was awful. I was not able to connect my cell phone to it so I ended paying data. I don’t recommend it if you go for business

The staff was nice and the room was big

Very good breakfast!
    • Standard Twin Room

Terribly hot at the corridors!!! Walking out of the air-coned room was like walking into sauna. Very little light at room, impossible to read there. Staff once is very enthusiastic and other time completely indifferent. The receptionist didn't inform he staff at breakfast that I had paid for having breakfast and I was asked in the center of dining area to show a receipt of buying breakfast - such a situation shouldn't happen in four-star hotel. A lot of paperwork at the check-in.

Very good breakfast!!! Variety of food, changing daily. Great location, in the heart of the city.

It was good
    • Standard Triple Room

Lack of adequate light in the room to read and write. Forget about reading or working in the room, unless you decide to work in the bathroom

the comfort of the beds, the proximity to restaurants

It is possible to leave your luggage in between your stays.

During busy hours check in can be prostrating. Bureaucracy during check in is tremendous. We made three short stays there during a period of 2 weeks and each time we had our passports and credit card photocopied. For the third time we even had such copy ready but the young man who checked us in decided that he has to make the copy by himself. But overall the personnel was very helpful trying to do their best.

Nice....but not impressed with being charged twice!

I got charged twice for the accommodation. Paid in cash and then found after check out that my credit card details supplied to hold the reservation had also been charged. Still trying to get a refund.

Good location, but very slow check-out

Very, very slow check-out. Only one staff to check-out lot of guests. It took forever. (staff were freindly though, but hotel management should hire more staff). Leave minimum half/or full hour before your taxi or bus or check-out the night before.

Good locations. Value for money. Clean room

Good overnight stay for a fair prize
    • Standard Twin Room

The transfer taxi to the hotel from AEP (one of the airport recommended companies) to the hotel was not acceptable (prize doubled, long waiting times, unfriendly driver who did not even touch the lugguage) - but this is not the fault of the hotel.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, and supported my husband to get his boarding pass printed, book the taxi and get to the airport in time for a fair prize. He was also very pleased with the room and breakfast and service in general.

Excellent location for exploring the city

Could do with some investment to smarten it up but the price correctly reflected the dated property.

Very helpful staff, well located, excellent price.

Not bad, but only a 3 star property

Hotel need attention to maintenance, they fix things only after you bring it to their attention. The maids should be the first persons to find problems ..... burnt out light bulbs, non working slider doors on the closet., torn bed ruffle, and safe not working.

Excellent Location

Hotel needs maintenance, and I would rate it a 3 star property.

Check in was difficult as English speaking staff was not on duty. We had maintenance problem in room which was not attended to. I needed to ask three times, and nothing was fixed. Finally gave up and went to sleep.

All good

Busy staff, who need help. We had to wait 1hour at the lobby for them toncheckin a group of 20 people and there was only one poor girl to do that alone.

All good Great value for money Super great location

Breakfast was excellent.

I wrote an email to the property, prior to my arrival, never got an answer. The check in was really, really slow process. The room gave the impression of 2+ stars hotel.

Breakfast was excellent. We could leave our luggage there and pick it up couple of days later, coming from another trip. The location is very much in the centre of the city.

It doesn't look like a 4-star hotel

I was expecting a four-star hotel. My main point of complaint is that the hotel seems a three-star instead a four-star one. There were many minor things that were disappointing. For instance, I just got one pillow (it was rather small and not so comfortable), so I asked for an extra pillow at 5.30pm to the hotel's staff. The girl at desk told me that there was nobody at that time that could provide me with an extra pillow. There is no 24-hour service and that's weird for an 4-star hotel. In the bathroom, there was no glass, no enough toilette paper. Room's carpet didn't look very clean. I'm a Spanish native speaker, but the girl at the reception desk barely spoke English (I saw many tourists struggling with the language barrier). I paid a quite convenient amount (thanks Booking) but I know that prices are much higher there.

Hotel is quite well located. Many restaurants and bars nearby, and close to Buenos Aires' main tourist points. Many bus lines and metro just 5-minute walk away maximum. The room is truly roomy and comfortable, equipped with a TV, a king-size bed and an air conditioning. Bathroom is fine.

Great stay in the heart of Buenos Aires!

Everything was great! The hotel is close to the bus and metro stations with easy access anywhere, you have a lot of restaurants and local shops around. The staff was very helpful! Thumbs up!

Very good location, tasty breakfast even with baked apples.

Carpets would be good to change in the rooms

Very good location, tasty breakfast even with baked apples. Room was ok, generally what you get for the price you pay is very good.

Poor staff, poor service. Good price, good location.

The staff at reception was ABSOLUTELY NOT helpful. Everytime I came to ask a question, I felt ignore and they actually never gave me any information and I had to find my answers elsewhere.

Very good price and very well located for my interests in Buenos Aires. Walking distance to Puerto Madero and San Telmo's restaurants.

Good stay

We decided to have breakfast at the hotel one morning. Whe we checked out they made us pay more than it was advertised for it. For BA, the breakfast they provide is overpriced. Just go down the street, you'll find plenty of bars where you can have a cheaper breakfast.

Nice room, very good wifi, friendly (but sometimes a bit confusing) staff. Very high quality for the price we paid. Located near Florida shopping street and Casa Rosada. Good restaurants are at walking distance.

Good for a nice night of sleep.

Despite of being a 4 star hotel, the furtinure and installations is quite old. The carpet has a very bad smell. The locker was broken and they said they could do nothing about it. Many times we asked for help with a few tours, but we always heard, ‘I will leave a message and then They will talk to you’. Never did. However, the most significant negative point is that the light power run out, and we had to go upstairs on a escalator that did not have a single emergency light. We used our phone lights to go up. The breakfast is not included in our room reservation, and it was quite expensive even if the discout of 30% in the check in.

The bathroom was very nice with a good shower. The bed was very confortable. The location is excellent, next to Florida Street with shoppings and restaurants. I recommend to stay in the center of the city and in this hotel for people eho just want a hotel to have a good shower e a nice night of sleep.

Big room and great location.

The safe didn't work properly, as well as the TV. There weren't any blankets in the room.

The room was really big and comfortable. The location was excellent - in the city centre and close to a subway station.

Clean rooms and amazing location

At our first night there we noticed that we didn’t have a safety box in our room (the hotel website promises that every room has one) and one of the staff members told us that he would take care of the problem next morning, didn’t happen. All in all we found the way he handled the situation very rude and unprofessional.

Clean rooms and amazing location

Location is okay, room is big enough, wifi works well

It seems unsafe in that area. Staffs are friendly but their English skills need to be improved, a lot. It was so hard to get any useful information unless you know how to talk in Spainish.

Location is okay, room is big enough, wifi works well

Not worth to visit again

Value for money is poor, only if you book less than 24 hours before you get a price which the Hotel is worth. Furthermore you hear the metro driving under the hotel in your room.

It’s nicely located in the city center

Good place to stay in a centre od Buenos Aires
    • Budget Triple Room

Nothing to complain

Very nice hotel, comfortable rooms, strict city centre. Friendly staff. They let us in few hours before official check-in time and recommended a very nice Catulo Tango show that we really enjoyed :-)

Good value for money

For the first night we were taken to another hotel (Reconqiusta Plaza) because of water problems so we were told. We were to stay there for our entire visit.However we did not like the hotel and we went back to Reconquista Garden and demanded that we be given rooms there as that is were we were booked. Fortunately we found a receptionist who was understanding and was able to find us two rooms. We really dont understand how we could be redirected especially that we went to check in before 10.

The hotel was centrally located. Rooms were spacious and clean.

a good city hoel in a prime location

rooms are a bit run down; air con was not working properly; it was much too hot

staff at the front desk is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is just average. Location is central and convenient for a city visit bath rooms are big and well functioning.

Great location and reception staff, but cleanliness should be improved

Cleanliness should be improved. The room carpet was very dirty and covered by remainings of all kinds, there were hairs in the bathroom.

Very good location - close to everything (sights, shops, restaurants, tube, port) friendly and helpful staff at the reception desk, good breakfast with delicious pies, strong wifi signal.

It´s in a nice neighbourhood and the price was very cheap.

The aircondition in front of the window was making a lof noise, it woke me up couple of times during the night. The curtains were not blocking the sun.

It´s in a nice neighbourhood and the price was very cheap.

great location

24 hr reception which was very useful since we didn't arrive until 2 am. A couple of convenient stores nearby for us to buy some water. Friendly staff. Room was very clean. Short walk to the ferry terminal.

If you can cope with a worn down but cheap hotel in a central position choose this!

The hotel is in need of a huge renovation when it comes to the rooms, the furniture, the beds, and the bathrooms. The bed sheets and towels were completely worn out. The first night we didn't even get one set of towels each and there was no toilet paper. When we called the reception to ask the to provide us with towels and paper they told us they could not leave the reception and we should go down and get them! Our relatives got a room in which the tolilet was leaking and they didn't get any one to repair it. On the last day they could not use the toilet and were not offered to change the room. Around the windows there were many insects. The bed was soft and worn out. Never had so many complaints before with all the bookings made via booking.com!

On the positive side in general the hotel room was clean. The hotel location is very central, but some of the rooms can be noisy.

enjoyable stay in this centrally located city hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

airport transfer at the last day was arranged by the reception of the hotel, but the car type was unacceptable (more like a truck, than a passengers car)

comfort beds, good breakfast, safe location near market, metro, cultural center, restaurants, street events

Nice city hotel , located in a safe area of B.Aires
    • Standard Twin Room

the airport transfer arranged by the reception of the hotel, was done by a truck coach , ideal for delivering goods and not passengers .

professional staff, fair value for money, very convenient location

Would stay again

Air conditioning did not work Stains on carpet and upholstery Holes in bedding Chipped enamel in bath

Excellent location near to shops and restaurants The lady on the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful The front desk booked a tango show for us and got us good prices Room was comfortable Good wifi in room

The way it looks inside very special especially the old...

Breakfast can be better f.e. rolls,cheese et.

The way it looks inside very special especially the old elevator. Location is excellent Very.very clean even it will be difficult to clean such old building.

A very good quality hotel in a central location but not on a main road so no noise issues.
    • Standard Twin Room

There wasn't anything that I didn't like.

The hotel and room were a higher quality than I expected from the price that I paid for the room. The staff were helpful and friendly. Computers are available for internet access which was good as I had lost my smartphone. There are lots of comfy sofas in the lobby so waiting for transport was convenient.

It was difficult to find a nice cosy restaurant near the hotel. However it is situated very near the main tourists places of Buenos Aires.

I was pleasantly surprised with the price/ quality of this hotel. The rooms are very big and clean. Good beds and bathroom. I was ill on the day of departure and could stay longer in my room without extra costs. The staff speaks good English and was very kind!

Would have been value for money if there had not been the...

The double glazing on the windows does NOT keep out the low level noise all night of airconditioners of other rooms. The carpet was worn and had spots on it. It looks disgusting. The interior decorating was ok but a bit tired. The reception used the hotel exchange rate to calculate the VAT exemption. I am in the process of submitting a complaint to Booking.com about that matter. The hot/cold water adjustment on the shower tap was extremely difficult to turn.

Would have been value for money if there had not been the noise of airconditioners of other rooms running all night.

Not terrible, but definitely wouldn't repeat!

Carpet in room was disgusting...stained and deteriorating. The entire hotel had a very odd smell...like too much carpet fresh, which is ironic given the comment above. Smoking was obviously permitted in some areas. Bathroom was nice, but otherwise the room and lobby felt very dated. Given the price I payed and comparing to other hotels of same price, I didn't think this was a good value. I would not stay here again.

I had a triple room, the two regular beds were comfy but the third bed was like a trundle ...very flimsy. Good, central location, easy to get around city, taxis are plentiful, and there is a subte entrance a block away. Being the micro center of the city, many locales are closed on the weekend. Hotel staff was generally friendly, but I didn't get a warm, welcoming vibe.

I liked everything, the location was excellent and so the...
    • Standard Twin Room

I liked everything, the location was excellent and so the breakfast. I liked the fact that there are many antique shops near the Hotel. I already recommended the hotel to other people.

Cleanliness is not what is expected for such hotel category (carpets with stains, corners not clean, etc.). Curtains not full covering the window and bad noise insulation.

Location is excellent, close to the main streets and to...

We had booked 2 rooms with bathtub, In one of them the faucet system was broken and only cold water was coming out, then the sewers flooded in our room, because of that we were moved to another room without bathtub. In the other room the sewers also flooded and they just stop the water provision and requested that we move from that room at 7 pm, a that time we had to go out for an excursion.

Location is excellent, close to the main streets and to Trein/Bus station "Retiro".

The location is very good.

The hotel is old and needs to be updated. The facilities are a little sub-standard and the cleanliness in general could be better.

The location is very good. Not too far to the main attractions and some good restaurants. The staff were quite helpful

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great stay in a handy location
    • Standard Twin Room

The fan in the bathroom didn't work so there was lots of steam/damp after showering. We had a small window that overlooked about 50 air conditioning units but I'm sure there's better views in other rooms.

The staff were helpful and our twin room had plenty of space. Breakfast was included and was mostly the same each day apart from a couple of items. It was plentiful but most of it was sweet. The location is pretty good, close to restaurants/supermarkets and shopping streets. It's a couple of blocks from the main avenue 9 de Julio and within a 15min walk of lots of things to see

Location, staff, facilities, breakfast were very good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel was very nice. Just the bathroom was not clean enough for my standard when I arrive. The morning after I left, so I can't tell too much for the following days.

Location, staff, facilities, breakfast were very good.

Great hotel to stay in Buenos Aires

The first night when we came the internet connection was very weak in the room. We were able to connect only in the hotel's lobby. The next morning everything worked fine.

Good location of the hotel. Close to the city center and many other attractions. a variety of restaurants around. The room was clean, comfortable and huge bed. Breakfast was excellent, a huge variety and delicious food. The hotel staff was helpful. Nice little garden next to the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

highly recomended. close to loads of must see sights

there was a bad smell near the loby sometimes

great hotel and loads of places at walking distance. staff was very helpful and all spoke perfect English. I stayed there twice, left a large bag with them for a couple of days till I got back with no charge.

In microcenter of BA

In my room (3rd floor) Wi-Fi connection was often poor (too slow)

The location was perfect - in the microcenter of BA, close to main avenue, many tourist attractions are on walking distance. Breakfast was fine.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Very central location.

Hotel interior is completely outdated and tired. The first room we were given smelled awful, as did the corridor. Almost no light in the room.

Very central location. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Centrally located
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff were very very rude and aggressive. One woman in reception (she did not give her name) was threatening and really made the whole experience terrible. DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL. So much better and is nowhere near a 4* more a 2* with 0* service. Terrible. Really terrible.

Centrally located

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Beware of the US$150 laundry charge!

I was happy with the daily tariff (US$240 for 6 nights) but was shocked when after asking for a pair of trainers and a bag of clothes (mostly socks and underwear) to be washed (not ironed or dry cleaned) and was presented with a bill of 2,320 Argentine Pesos (US$150) the next day. I tried to reason with the staff member at hotel reception, suggesting US$15 would have been pretty steep, let alone US$150, but although he admitted that the price was extortionate he said there was nothing he could do about it. Daylight robbery!

Don't go there

This hotel is not 4 stars. I just came from 4 star hotel in Rio and had porter service and room service. Nothing of the kind was here. They put me in a very noisy room facing the street on the 2 floor, despite the fact I requested the quiet room and booked well in advance. The rooms are dark, breakfast is poor and Wifi keeps dropping out. Also there was a strike on the road to airport on the day of my departure, but hotel staff didnt inform me about it., when i was booking a taxi , so i nearly missed my flight.

Only the location

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Good location and price but generally unfriendly staff.
    • Standard Twin Room

Most of the staff were pretty unhelpful and unfriendly. A couple of simple requests were met with a total lack of any sense of service. For example, I asked for a map the first day on my way out and was rudely told to wait. Often staff were on the phone and totally ignored customers at reception. One woman gave me nasty glares for no apparent reason. They offered no help in organising a taxi despite my asking questions about how long a taxi would take to the airport and so on- so I just used Uber instead. There was one really nice service-oriented guy. Everyone else I came across at reception acted like it was a really big effort to help guests. Also, they forgot to clean my room one day.

Good location and good price.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

It is a safe hotel in the middle of all the hurry of Buenos...

The property is quite old and especially rooms need refurbishment. Carpet definetly needs to be renewed ASAP (very dirty and smelly)

It is a safe hotel in the middle of all the hurry of Buenos Aires. Central location makes it easy to reach most of the sights by walk. Staff was very friendly and positive at all stages.

Great location, helpful staff, value for the money.

Everything in the room was quite used, some upgrade is necessary. NOTE: If you order a taxi and want to pay with a card, be aware that they don't accept international cards, e.g. VISA. Only local, linked to their national ID number.

Great location, helpful staff, value for the money.

Decent breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

Dirty room carpet. Shower temperature difficult to modulate (too hot). Room phone did not work, a serious issue.

Decent breakfast. Location close to subway and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Nice hotel in Buenos Aires.
    • Standard Triple Room

I had to do an early check in and it was a problem, but at the end the staff could help us.

Everything was ok ! Well located, good for getting to know the city. Close to Obelisco and Galerías del Pacífico.

Nice Hotel in Buenos Aires
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is well located, two blocks away from Galerías del Pacifico where you can eat or change money. The street is pretty quiet at nite so you can have a good night sleep in the middle of Buenos Aires.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

go to Palermo, don't stay in the center

wifi in the room poor, better in the lobby, stained carpet, has to be replaced, lights not working in the bedroom, view was not nice, no light from the windows in the room. Don't choose a hotel in the city center, it's not a nice location, go to Palermo and pay for the metro, it's quite cheap (~0.50 EUR)

big room, big clean bathroom, big bed, location close to metro, walking distance from the sights in the center

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Nothing else beside location
    • Standard Twin Room

definetely not a four star hotel. very unconfortable pillows and matress. poor breakfast. all was rusty and old. there were no lights in the room, except some very fade nightlights. You barely could see in the room.

very good location

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Excellent location for sightseeing
    • Standard Twin Room

Pay breakfast, pay spa, no pool.

Great room and great price. The only drawback was the breafast wasn't included and was expensive. It was delicious and had good variety. We didn't find the pool that some mentioned in their comments and the spa and hot tub was all extra. For a hotel it was excellent, comfortable and clean. We would stay again.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Location is nearly perfect
    • Standard Twin Room

We didnt mnie that by paying with $$$ you get kind of a discount - you don't pay taxes in that situation.

Location is nearly perfect Value for money in that location is equally amazing

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Ok hotel in great location

Leaking air-conditioning so all our stuff got wet and room was old, not like the pictures at all! Wouldn't go back..

Location, bathroom was pretty nice

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

-The day before our departure, we informed the reception...
    • Standard Twin Room

-The day before our departure, we informed the reception staff that we were checking out early in the morning and asked to have breakfast earlier. The reception staff and the head waitress told us we could have coffee and croissant for breakfast before the regular opening hour (7am) of the cafeteria. The next morning the cafeteria was closed. The receptionist on duty said it was not possible to have anything before 7am, not even coffee! We then asked to exclude the breakfast cost from our bill, which the reception staff refused to do. We had to leave the hotel without having the breakfast we paid for. -There was a disagreeable smell when entering into the hotel lobby. - At our arrival, there was only hot water running in the bathroom. We informed the reception. It took almost 24 hours to fix the problem.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Good beds and great Breakfast.

Staff professional but not especially friendly and welcoming. Apart from the breakfast lafjes and the staff at night. Loud streetnoise and construction work until 11pm oppositie my room so poor sleep until my airport taxi at 04.15 am.

Good beds and great Breakfast. Professional service