Reviews of Hotel Reconquista Plaza 4 stars

Reconquista, 602, C1003ABN Buenos Aires, Argentina

#289 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

• Quadruple Room

Our payment was messed up on the first night. The bathroom was tiny and the room next door’s shower made a dreadful noise. We couldn’t get the tv to work but weren’t too bothered about that.

The bedroom was of ample size for 3 of us. A decent breakfast for the price and reasonably close to most sights.

Coming back in the evening we found out that there is no electricity. As well as hot water. Having our booking at 9th floor it took as hard to get upstairs with the luggage. Besides it was pretty cold to have cold shower. No solution was provided by hotel stuff. Only their words that they called electric company which didn’t help us a bit.

- The internet service isn’t so good, I had some difficult to use it. ( I stayed 8 th floor).

- The staffs were very kindly, I would like to do an especial comment about Mr. Freddy ( Front Desk). He was very useful, all time he was trying to helping, so friendly. - The Hotel structure is good to business traveler. - The breakfast is good, his price is acceptable.

• Budget Triple Room

The pictures were definitely deceiving as the property from a cleanliness and quality is much lower than my expectations. I think the price speaks for it; even breakfast was awful in terms of variety and quality. Some staff members were very friendly and helpful while others were not welcoming. Definitely won’t be coming here again

Location - close to the center of the city with many great restaurants and shops around as well as the access to the metro station

The room and the bed sheets smelled to cigarettes. The floor carpet was too old and smelled to old. The breakfast is extremelly bad. The concierge service was also bad. They couldn't arrange a taxi (cab) on time for me. I asked the concierge to wake me up at a given time but he forgot to do it.

Big room. Excellent location. Cheap

The room could use an update; the bathroom was laid out oddly, as in you couldn't sit on the toilet properly! No kidding, it was at a weird angle.

Good location for walking to other areas, friendly staff, nice patio and view on the 9th floor.

The breakfall was terrible. The coffee awful and croissant stall. The room was not dirty but felt dirty

the staff lovely and the location central The room has a big window which was nice

Rooms poorly decorated. Breakfast below minimum standards: only a cup of coffe and milk, two medialunas, a glass of orange juice (not freshly squeezed). Air conditioning never really cooled bedroom.

Convenient location.

Air conditioning was horrible. Noisy and not dependable. February is HOT in BV. Staff was inconsistent and always changing. Some knowledgeable and some not. Some spoke English others did not.

Location was good if you wanted to be in central BV. Breakfast was cheap.

Breakfest personnel served aged and squashed croissants to Asian looking guests, for others were freshly baked.

Very good location. Big room, big beds. Front desk friendly and helpful.

The front desk attendant was a little bit rude to us. The elevator was really slow, but eventually got us up to the eighth floor. The breakfast was horrible. Two honey covered croissants with a coffee or orange juice. We had to walk quite far to find a restaurant that was open past 10:00 PM. We only stayed one night after we discovered the hotel had disabled our room key at 10:45 AM. We couldn’t get back into our room to get our luggage and had to ask the cleaning staff to let us in so we could check out at 11:00 AM. Getting a taxi was a bit of a struggle but we finally found one so we could leave the congestion on the front street and hotel lobby, as quite a few other travellers we’re experiencing the same issue.

We liked the room size and air conditioning. The location was great.

1. The furniture is not new... but it didn’t matter us; 2. The hotel is huge but there are only 2 lifts... every time we had to go down on foot... had to wait fo the lift long!

1. Very friendly stuff! Helped to sort out all our problems not connected with the accommodation; 2. 1 of the most spacious rooms we had during 3-week-trip! Enough space for everything! 3. Location is perfect; 4. Good internet.

I've reserved 3 days, but I have to live one day before, they refuse to give me my money back, and keep the whole amount for the last day, also charge me 21% tax spite I show them my American passport. Be careful with that hotel, they are rude, is not what you see online, the elevators are old and in bad condition, and they have people in the front desk that are uneducated and have not idea how to treat a guest.

Only the Bed.

• Budget Triple Room

Outdated hotel. The average rating it has at the moment of this review, around 8 at Booking, is a tad to high. The rooms are large but outdated. Airco does work fine. We stayed in 2 different rooms. In one we had a bug, not very big but still. The other had a drain that overflowed when emptying the bath. We could fix that with towels. Unfortunately they gave us Only 2 while we we’re 2 adults and 2 children. The not included Breakfast is very cheap and very small. So you get what you pay for. So far for the bad.

The staff is very friendly and the Location is great in the centre of the city, pretty close to a lot. The WiFi did work, although it was not fast. The room had a fridge to use which was a big plus because we could cool our drinks etcetera. Overall i would Give this hotel a 7.

Room was a little dated ie carpet and bedding was a bit worn/stained but overall everything did the job

Good location, nice sized room containing 2 double beds, bathroom and fridge.

• Budget Triple Room

There was an awful smell in the room due to old furniture, something like a mold smell hard to take aways. Also some noisy neighbors with lots of kids, but i presume this can happen anywhere. The Hotel doesn't have a restaurant.

The staff was very helpful and communicative. They speak English and can you give lost of advice in regards to the areas of the city , safety and transport tips. The location is good, in the north side of the city center, 10 minutes away from Plaza De Mayo and 5 min from Florida streed.

we arrived very late and kids were sleeping in our arms. Check in was very slow and when I asked they guy if he could make a bot faster as kids were sleeping he was very unpolite and said that once I fill all the (very detailed) questionnaire with data collection he can finish the check in. Very bad smell in the room, not very clean.

Very central location. good value for money.

Attitude of management. Very poor registration on arrival. Kids unwell, very late because of delayed flight, still took 20 mins, no concern for the kids. Request for a later leaving time because flight delayed met with explanation, we don't do that anymore you have to pay for another 24 hours. We are made to pay iva, though we shouldn't have done. Finally they ordered two taxis for us to go to the airport saying it would be 30 to 40 mins. One eventually came 1 hr 20 mins later despite our continual concerns. We had to stand in the street for another 20 mins to flag down a second taxi. This place had real potential but ruined by such very poor customer service. We won't go again!

Location, ok rooms.

Very helpful staff, they printed for us the voucher for the bus to the airport. Hotel is located in the city center close to bus terminal including airport buses. Very good for a short layover.

• Budget Triple Room

The place needed a total overhaul, the bathroom small, if you were over 5 ft tall you couldn't sit straight on the toilet. The bed spreads were stained, the curtains were dirty and falling off the rails, the carpet was also stained and we weren't sure what was underneath as it was very lumpy.

The sheets were clean.

• Budget Triple Room

Furniture in the room is a little older.The 4 stars on the outside are definitely not correct. Decent hotel for sightseeing in BA. Better value for the money is possible.

Good location, AC and fridge

Tired beds, erratic and sometimes inoperative elevators, no breakfast or even coffee making equipment. No English channels available on the TV.

Cost, location, proximity to shopping, train station, and city center

• Budget Triple Room

Do not have breakfast, but full o bar, bakeries, and supermarkets sourrunding. Do no have Parking, but public parkings and street parking for free on weekends.

Big rooms, good hot water, cleanness. Good matress.

Had a group of adolescent locals on the same floor, who were very noisy in the hallway at all times of day and night

Spacious room, in-room facilities okay

• Budget Triple Room

Shabby, uncomfortable, very dirty carpets

This is a low budget hotel - I wouldn't give it one star. So if you know it is going to be extremely basic go ahead. Very shabby, bathrooms a nightmare - cant even sit on the toilet so cramped. Dont go there and to the hotel I would say manage peoples expectations.

The bed was very nice, and there was a refrigerator and a small kitchen. The bathroom was very clean and nice. Most of all, the surroundings were safe and the hotel is in the middle of Buenos Aires. I liked the hotel and the staff very much.

We got stuck in the elevator, internet no working much and rude staff (Pablo almost kicked us out banging door because we were a few minutes late for check out)

Nice location, good size room

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

I rated this for Vista Sol (vs) hotel and Reconquista Plaza hotel. I flew from Germany.After arrival at Reconquista plaza Hotel, they suddenly informed me that there were no rooms, due to some works in the hotel. Then they shifted to Vista Solhotel which was not far from Reconquista plaza hotel(RPH). My comments : 1. The staff at RPH was not friendly, without saying sorry abt this issue. They could have informed me in advance, before my flight.i flew from Germany..come on..after long flight got this issue. 2. I went to VS hotel. The staff was not nice too. Although this hotel offered free breakfast on the day I arrived (I arrived at 8:30 am). And he promised me to have a room in 2 hrs. I waited till 10:30 am then he said. No, not possible you would get your room at 12:00. Why he didnt say since the beginning? Then i decided to meet my colleague who arrived at the same time, but stayed in other hotel about 5 minutes walking distance. He already got his room since 9:30(and got free breakfast too). What a different service. Although the hotels have the same 4 stars. 3. After I got the proof of payment (invoice) at VS, i found out, it is written my private(home) address. And i would like to change it to my company where i work for. Because i will need it for reimbursement. Then he (the same staff) refused, couldnt change, because it is based in my credit card address). I said, this is not my first time. Other hotels can change it and understand. But this staff really stubborn, and he didn't change it. 4. I many times wonder what is the criteria of having 3/4/5 stars for the hotel? Because this hotel, VS, it has 4 stars, but the service, breakfast option, etc, was not so good as other 4 stars hotel. 5. I don't want to generalize all other staffs. Some staffs are also nice, particularly who arranged my transfer to airpoirt after checking out.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The wifi was not very good - could not use FaceTime no food in premises - not even breakfast

The location was very central and easy to get where I needed

Great value stay. Very good location. There was a crying baby in the room next door but they happily changed my room without issue so I had a good night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Staff were not the friendliest, particularly during the daytime. The supplies in the room were very limited. Towels had to be requested. The facilities were poor. Although dining room was available, no breakfast was offered to guests. No communal guest lounge area except in reception. Internet would not connect in the guest rooms. Scuff marks and stains on floor and walls. I stayed in better places which were far better value for money in this area.

The only thing to like was the location.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Budget Triple Room

The rooms were a bit shabby - especially the carpets were full of stains and seemed dirty. Poor internet connection. Long waiting time for elevators.

Great location! Friendly and helpful staff. Spacious room with a nice view. Value for money.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Family Room

carpets are very dusty and old. foreigners have to pay IVA, watch out!

location!!! close to everthing. room was spacious and had everthing we need suitable for 2-3 nights in town

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The furniture is old and a bit run down. The carpet and the toilet door should be replaced. The carpet in particular is not clean and seemed a breeding place for bacteria.

Centrally located but the area is loud and noisy. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Family Room

The photos do not match the actual hotel at all. The hotel is run down, old and dirty

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before our cruise on Norwegian Sun and then one day after the cruise before we caught our flight. We booked one hotel room on the day we disembarked the cruise ship because our flight wasn't till midnight that day and we wanted a place to rest, freshen-up etc. We literally did not even stay the night, we were there for 10hrs. Even so when we first got to the hotel around 10.30am they told us our room wouldn't be available till 3.00pm because that's when check-in was. They were so inflexible and rude about it and it wasn't until we requested multiple times and told them that we weren't even staying the night, so if they had a room available they should just give it to us now, that they finally agreed to let us check in early. Clearly that had tonnes of rooms available, but their lack of understanding and rude, argumentative tone was uncalled for

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

The pictures and the information was very mis-leading. The hotel was old and run down. The rooms were dirty and the covers had stains on them. The carpet was also stained and lumpy. The staff were abrupt, rude and unhelpful. The only breakfast they had was cold and dry and did not taste good. The only reason we booked this hotel was because we were in Buenos Aires for a couple of nights before our cruise and we wanted something cheap. I will NEVER stay at this hotel. I recommend any other place

The only thing that was decent was the location

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Location was excellent; stuff knows little English ; nice and helpful. we took our brekfast outside near. rooms are quite large and beds are fine; small bathroom but enough really

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Budget Triple Room

Staff allways in bad mood, wrong services billed in check out, poor breakfast, room with bad conservation issues, bathroom too small, small double beds.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Internet speed is very slow. I think need to us clients Wi-Fi internet with password. Internet speed is ok, only after midnight.

All is ok, without internet speed :)

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

The hotel is extremely central and quiet. 5 minutes from the pedestrian street la called Florida; it is cozy and has the necessary amenuties( fridg; hair blower; air condition). it is not luxury but very good . the room is spacious; the bathroom a bit small but fine; there is an option for breakfast that we did not take; in front of the hotel there is a 24 hours open shop where you can buy food; on parrallel street Saint Martin there is a great place for breakfast called el pani; very good experience; i would get back; suff knows a little English

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The bathroom facilities, they don´t have flexible shower or videt. They changed me to othor room with videt but it was just in not good condition.

Breakfast and the personel that offer it, excelent attention of that personel.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

We had to change the first room that was assigned to us because my son had an asthma attack. The carpets were not properly cleaned and the room had a peculiar smell. The personnel told us they wouldn't be able to change our room for the night so we had to spend a sleepless night in that dirty room. Although later on, they changed our room. The wifi did not work the whole time that we were there, although it is mostly about the same everywhere in Buenos Aires.

The hotel has a great location and is easily accessible.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Crew is not that kind! They night I arrived elevator didn't work because a problem with electricity and I have to drag my luggage up two floors and the concierge didn't help me! They need to get better on that!

As always great hotel to pass one or two nights! Great location! To make a great important visit to buenos Aires!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Elevators are a bit small.

Very good location, central Buenos Aires, many restaurants near by, large rooms, what you see is what you get. Very good price for family. Two blocks from galeria Pacífico.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Maintenance

The quality of the building was not well -maintained...e.g. the air conditioning unit was intensely noisy for lack of refrigerant.The staff on the other hand were massively charming and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

- Walls are not sound proof as states on website - be warned. - Cleaners knocking on your room door at 9am on a Saturday morning to clean and you're still sleeping - All channels in Spanish ONLY (4 star hotel in huge international city?!) - Toilet so small you have to sit sideways - Wifi DOES NOT work properly - One toilet roll per room (had to call desk to bring some up) - 4 star hotel doesn't have a wine opener - curtains look like they've not been washed in years - Some of the receptionists don't speak a word of English (4 star hotel in huge international city?!)

- Bed was comfy - furniture has character - good location

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Breakfast buffet was very sparse in comparison to last year. No more travel size toiletries offered, only large size bath gel, shampoo, conditioner. No washcloths provided. Frigobar very limited selection this year.

Huge rooms with seating area and Windows, large closets

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Family Room

Breakfast was plain, not many options. The rooms could use some improvements. Strong odor in the rooms and hallways.

Location is great and close to many attractions.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Internet could be better, it works though - just a bit slow. I have to add it is a common problem in the city and not a deal breaker.

Generally all good! My second time here and would come back again...

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Budget Triple Room

The bathrooms are a little small and the shower could be better....no major complaints

Decent room.....not a bad location...friendly and helpful front of house ....good introduction to Buenos Aires

Room equipments was old

Traffic is good. Located center of city

Bathroom

Location and the staff were very helpful.

Location helpful staff good value for the money

More cleaning

One tap didnt work. Tired and musty room.

Good area close to ferry.

Breakfast was not included. Hotels in Buenos Aires usually do.

All good

The location was good.

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel do not serve lunch and dinner

Friendly and welcoming Staff, location of the hotel and free 24/7 Wifi

Old carpet.

Exactly as expected. Ok for very short . Check in exactly at 3 pm.

• Quadruple Room

The bathroom Was a little small and old

Awesome location

Good location, friendly staff

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast - 2 croissants and a coffee.

Extra large king bed was very comfortable.

• Family Room

Cleanliness, breakfast was a joke (two small pastries and a coffe, the rest you must pay for), lobby was a mess.

Room size was good.

Excellent location and helpful staff!

no european outlets

Breakfast is very small.

• Budget Triple Room

Lifts , size of the bathroom,and a little linkage into the shower área.

Ideal Location... Good price!

• Budget Triple Room

Drain not working properly, outdated furniture

Fridge in room, good beds

room was musty and not so clean breakfast was minimal hard to find the hotel

central location

• Standard Twin Room

Very friendly front desk staffs. They are always willing to help you. The location is very close to the city center.

Very basic breakfast

Comfy, value for money

Facilities

The rooms are really big

• Family Room

Great hotel and great value for money, superbly located, the staff Wes polite and helpful, room was cleaned every day . Recommend 😁

Browse Hotel Reconquista Plaza traveller photo gallery