Reviews of Globales Republica 4 stars

Cerrito, 370, C1010AAH Buenos Aires, Argentina

#275 of 440 hotels in Buenos Aires

4.1

• Standard Room

I paid for the wifi but it was still weak and kept going out on my phone, it was better on my laptop

i enjoyed the view and the shower temperature/pressure- they also exchange money at the hotel which I realised after searching for a bank! so utilise that

• Standard Room

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, but i wish to comment on the taxi service i ordered at the front desk. In the hotel i was told that the taxi would cost 800 Pesos, however when we arrived the driver INSISTED that i should pay 900. Since i did not carry this amount i paid the remaining in USD, but the driver used an exchange rate of 1USD=10Pesos. I requested a receipt but he was unable to give me one. I wrote to the hotel to recommend that they no longer use the services of his driver, but nobody took the time to reply to my complaint.

Reasonable price range, close to the city center. Fantastic service.

• Standard Room

WiFi was only free in communal areas. It’s a 4 star hotel yet you have to pay extra for WiFi in the rooms.

The bed was a great size and really comfy. Location was great.

• Standard Room

The staff was not very welcoming and when we requested to upgrade the man was somewhat bothered by the request. The WiFi we paid for did not work. We had to ask for everything such as what was the info for the free WiFi that only worked on the first floor but only worked on certain phones. We had to ask for an iron, a board and a hair dryer. Very small space as far as the shower goes.

Once we were finally upgraded by a different person the view we paid for was great.

• Standard Room

Housekeeping is pretty poor when it comes to detailed cleaning. The sheets, towels, toilets, and shower were all clean but the countertops were often dirty and so was the floor. I picked hair off my socks multiple times. The view in the back of the building was horrible but I didn't spend a bunch of time in the room anyway.

The location is unbeatable. It is literally across the street from the Obelisco. The staff is super friendly and helpful for all your needs including tours, taxis, and local information. The standard room was small. The WiFi worked well even in the room. The food in the restaurant is good.

• Standard Room

The standard room was much smaller than my previous room and had a view of the dumpy neighborhood in the back of the hotel. (The view didn't really matter). Although my sheets, linens, toilet, sink, and shower were always clean not everything else was clean. Housekeeping rarely cleaned the counters in the bathroom. The floor always had hair on it. Very poor detailed housekeeping. One twin bed in the room was horrible as it leaned to one side like it was broken.

I stayed here for four nights previously but when I re-reserved my room I ended up in a standard room. I liked it enough to extend my stay twice. The staff is excellent. They are super friendly and can help with tours, transportation, and whatever else you may need. The restaurant has good food. The air conditioning, wifi, television, and everything else worked in the room. The location of cannot be beaten. There are so many great places within walking distance.

• Standard Room

Housekeeping is lacking in cleaning skills. I found clumps of hair on the floors several times. Some spot on the countertops in the bathroom that were not cleaned (even after housekeeping came in a few times). The toilet, sink, and shower were always clean.

The view from my room was excellent (if you have a room facing the front of the hotel it is excellent). The staff was excellent and very helpful. The laundry service was great (they didn't lose, shrink, or ruin any of my clothes). The restaurant has good food, the wifi works well, and the room was quite comfortable.

• Standard Room

the wifi that was free in a designated area did not work for me. I asked for help from the hotel staff, but no one was able to get the free wifi for me on my phone. This was terrible. Wifi should be available and free in all rooms, in this and all hotels. I did not have any wifi during my stay.

very nice room, good location, breakfast very good

• Deluxe Room

The Wi-Fi connection is limited only to the lobby area, unless you pay an extra charge daily and by device. That's terrible, very inconvenient and unpleasant ! The hotel breakfest is not worth, unless you have included in your reservation. Otherwise you end up paying US$ 12 por person each day. In this case there are many better and unexpensive options in the area.

Excelente location, close to everything... Wanking distance to all kinds of Restaurants and Fast-foods, Theaters, Shopping, Supermarkets, Historical sites, Metro station (right at the front door), Buquebus station (10 min by taxi).

• Standard Room

No complimentary wifi in the room and we need to go down to public area only which is very inconvenient.

Location is excellent with walking distance to many iconic attractions. Staff (i cannot remember his name) at check in counter is superb! I got air ticket problem to fly back to Asia and he allowed me to use hotel phone to solve without any charges.

• Standard Room

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. The staff was rude and tired, the breakfast is terrible, the wifi des not work. the rooms are small and dingy, the beds are terrible, the air conditioning does not work. the location is very iffy. We did not feel safe at all

• Standard Room

Hot water was slow, rooms basic.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful and the location is convenient if you don't mind the noise that comes with it. Rooms were clean.

• Standard Room

They advertise that there is a spa, but it was closed down according to them 4 months ago. Our room had no view. The breakfast was also not to great. The fruit salad was sour I think it was off. Definitely not a 4 star hotel no Wi-fi in the room you have to sit in the voyeur to get Wi-fi.

The bed was comfy and there was a fridge in the room.

• Standard Room

It’s an old hotel, nothing like the photos I saw before the reservation. The staff were ok, friendly but the room was a mess. Too small, the sheets were dirty, the carpet and bathroom and the door barely worked. The security was poor, it was kind of scary. We had to change to another hotel :(

• Standard Room

Reception staff Took 1 hr for admission, this at 01:00 am and not another guest Too stupid guy He did not find my reservation and did not care about

The paid wifi

The breakfast was good, the hotel is located at the heart of Buenos Aires. The only thing that was annoying was the paid wifi at the room. That leave a very bad impression.

• Deluxe Room

WIFI not available throughout only in lobby area, breakfast was ok, lifts a nuisance when busy as they are too small

Location balcony and subway access directly outside staff in general helpful

I liked everything.

Very friendly staff at the reception, explained to me what to do in Buenos Aires, where to go. I felt very welcome. Central location just in the middle 19 July Avenue, the main avenue and the downtown.

• Deluxe Room

Room was small and very noisy as the double glazing was poorly fitted and you could hear all the road noise of many lanes of traffic. Staff were not very friendly. The hotel was very formal.

Central location to places of interest. Good room with a comfortable bed. Good view of the Obelisk. Good choice of food for breakfast.

• Standard Room

We booked the hotel for the spa only, but found out when we arrived that the spa wasn't open. The staff wasn't very effective and didn't give us wifi at the room even though we asked for it. They also said it was possible to have a late checkout for a fee but when we the next morning came and asked for it it wasn't possible anymore.

Good location, nice room and they had luggage storage.

• Standard Room

rooms for a 4 star very small , windows not closing good , wi fi we have to pay extra en a 4 start hotel , this isn impossible

wifi gratis rooms bigger

• Standard Room

The rooms were small. There was a problem with the room, we stayed in the first night - noise coming from air conditioning venting. We were immediately offered another room but this 1 was even smaller. Although it had a double bed it was really only a single room. The location is also massively noisy, even if you are on the side. There is constant traffic , blaring of horns etc. We found it difficult to find good restaurants etc nearby.

The staff in this hotel were generally really helpful and kind. We were allowed to check in early, on arrival. Breakfast was good, if a little hectic some days. Good meal in the restaurant 1 evening.

• Standard Room

Room was very small. Breakfast while ample was not of high quality. Cold scrambled eggs stale media lunas etc..

The location was excellent. The cleanliness very high. The staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Standard Room

The actitudes of the front desk really made me sick. When we first arrived and asked for help and advice, they intended not to understand, they were literally not trying to help. Later when I had questions and waited at the front desk, the staffs ignored me even they saw I had questions. Moreover, as a four star hotel, wifi is not free inside the rooms, nowadays even guest houses give free wifi. The room is super small too, basically no space to walk. But in general it's very clean inside the room. I won't definitely come back to this place.

The location is super great, located next to the Teatro Colon, convenient and lots of shops around. Metro is right in front of the hotel

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Standard Room

The room, which overlooked the main street (Ave 9 Julio), was subject to the incredible noise of the heavy traffic outside. The light pollution was also incredible with building-sized digital advertising boards beaming light into the rooms. The blackout curtains in the rooms certainly helped, but didn't block everything. The elevators/corridors all look tired and very worn.

Welcoming, professional staff. Good WiFi and breakfast. Convenient location for nearby restaurants and, at least, for the drop-off of the ARbus Aeroparque (AEP) airport shuttle bus. Note that the pick up point of the same bus is no longer close to this hotel, but rather at a new bus station 1km away close to Alem metro station at the corner of Av. Madero and Av. Corrientes. Arbus hasn't bothered to update their website and schedules to reflect this.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Standard Room

Once, the cleaning lady brough as a dirty towel, but they changed it for another one and apologized. The only problem was that the bathtub glass-door didn't close completely at the bottom (room1017), so when you shower the floor got wet.

The location is perfect, walking distance to anything you could need: stores, restaurantes, theater, monument, tango shows. The staff was very helpfull and nice. The breakfast has a variety of good quality options.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Standard Room

Unfortunally, i have to say: worst hotel ever... first of all: rooms!!! small like a bathroom. Its impossible to dressup in that space. And its too warm. Impossible to sleep. Staff keeps the same answer everyday about air conditioner: "Its broken, we are fixing it". Beds: Small and old. No internet: Only wifi in the reception área. You can pay for wifi, but it doesnt work in the room... Let me see more... oh,surprise! we have to pay 120 pesos each one for the breakfast. I have to pay a b&b to sleep until, thanks god, leave this hell. Pleas, close this hotel or change to 1 star. os: after hundreds of reviews, this is my first bad review in booking or hw.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Paid wifi doesn't work and it should be free of charge.

It's my second time there. I like its location and facilities. Breakfast could be better though.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Standard Room

Having no WIFI in your room in this day and age is simply unheard of. If even 1 star hotels or hostels have them, this is no excuse. Everyone congregating in the lobby to grab the only free-WIFI available is hideous, especially if you're on a work trip and needing to do work on your laptop. The connection wasn't always great there either. Generally the staff were ok, except on the last day arranging the tax to take us to the airport. The bellboy had asked me to book a taxi in advance as they tended to take 10 or so minutes to arrive. I said this was fine and that I would simply call for one when I needed it and was willing to wait 10 mins for one. When I did call for the tax, he took half an hour to turn up. The bellboy hadn't noticed that we had waited that long (although he was doing nothing and chatting), so I had to go up to him and ask where the taxi was. Firstly, he should have already noticed this and called up himself. Secondly, when the taxi eventually turned up and I was visibly distressed at the lateness, the bellboy was RUDE and blaming me for what had happened and failing to apologise and claiming it hadn't taken half an hour (I think he had a very warped concept of time). So very poor customer service upon leaving the hotel. The overall look of the hotel really needs some updating on the interior and exterior. I last stayed here around 6 years ago and it really hasn't changed at all (not in a good way). I remember it being really good value for money back then, but somehow it doesn't feel that way anymore. Also the café linked to the hotel is also now way too expensive and by far the most expensive place to have breakfast around the area.

The location is good, close to metro (two lines) short walking distance to the main sites and longer walking distance to Recoleta and San Telmo.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Standard Room

You had to pay for WiFi in your room, and we didn't get help bringing down the suitcases to the lobby when it was time to check out.

the breakfast offered had a lot of options - pastries, fruits, cereal, eggs, tomatoes and hash browns, and juices, tea and coffees. Room was clean, staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Room

I felt betrayed. The apartment is too small. I had no space for my yoga mat; also "wellness spa" is a kind of "private club", that you have to pay a ticket to enter, just during reduced hours. No gym, no swimming pool , nothing reminded "wellness" in this hotel.

• Standard Room

No light on, the room is still yesterday state.

• Standard Room

Próximo do centro e transportes

• Standard Room

That it has not a brushdry

Just need a brushdry

• Standard Room

Paid WI-FI. Though quite cheap, it must be free as it is everywhere else

Excellent in terms of cleanliness and comfort.

• Standard Room

No air conditioner and the wifi in mi roon is payed.

• Standard Room

The were no free wifi at the room

Is very well located and the staff were pretty gentle

• Standard Room

Below average service from staff. A/C didn’t work at all. Have to pay for wifi

• Standard Room

The location is superb. Near everything

• Standard Room

airco was not working and the room was very warm so we could not sleep the whole night. it was reported but nothing happened.

location was perfect.

• Standard Room

No internet in room. Breakfast extra.

Good location, clean room and facilities good.

• Standard Room

Quite old building, room small and old fashion.

Superior location and English speaking reception!

Excelente location

• Standard Room

The internet in public places horrible, and you have to pay wifi on the room :(

The breakfast was good in variety of food

• Deluxe Room

They stored our excess luggage for nominal fee which meant we did not incur excess fees on domestic flights

Great Location and Staff very helpful

• Standard Room

- Good location in city center - Clean rooms with necessary facilities - Good (but basic) breakfast

Good location. And Nice breakfeast

• Standard Room

No wi fi in the rooms. (unless paid). Had to pay extra for breakfast

• Standard Room

Extra charge for wifi in the room

• Standard Room

Little bit worn out and needs refreshing or so, overall still ok.

Perfect location. City centre.

Small room, noisy doors

Small room, staff very helpfull

• Deluxe Room

Didn’t includes breakfast and stuff on the fridge They charge extra alot of money with out inform that those things doesn’t includes

• Standard Room

Internet I had to pay for that, breakfast had to pay so expensive, they charge the shuttle bus to the airport more expensive than a taxi!

• Deluxe Room

Dreadful Internet put a blight on the whole visit. Almost no soundproofing. Old unkempt room

• Standard Room

Facilities were not available to use

Internet and breakfast

No safe in room

Great location Staff excellent to organise touristy trips.

• Standard Room

Sometimes bit chaotic at reception

Central location

• Standard Room

everything was horrible... The worst place I ever stayed...

The position is good

• Standard Room

Definitely not a 4 star hotel. Needs serious renovation.

Location is excellent.

Cleanliness

• Standard Room

Charge for the use of wifi in the room. Poor wifi in the lobby. Extra charge for breakfast. Dated furnishing in the room.

• Standard Room

4 **** hotel without free WiFi in rooms, and "not everyone" on the reception speaks English communicatively

a good breakfast

• Standard Room

O Chek-in demorou de mais.

almost everything

• Standard Room

Expensive women's underwear disappeared. In the last two days

Very central

• Deluxe Room

Internet to room not free

Nice view from balcony Close to everything

• Standard Room

Breackfast not included, no free internet and no late checked out

Location..

Nada

Nada

• Deluxe Room

No free Internet Reception@the top Floors. Only Available in common area@Ground floor

Friendly and flexibel Staff

• Standard Room

The room was too small. The bed was not confortable.

Location is great

• Deluxe Room

Spa was closed during our stay

Great location looking out onto the oblisk

Nothing bad to say

Location, view and rooms were all excellent

Browse Globales Republica traveller photo gallery