Reviews of Sarmiento Palace Hotel 3 stars

Sarmiento 1953, Balvanera, C1044AAC Buenos Aires, Argentina

#220 of 435 hotels in Buenos Aires

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

fair

The hotel everything was old, my phone in the room was not working. I had to go to the front desk three times!!! for service. Finally, a nice gentleman came to fix it. Also, the room smelled like mildew and linen were very disappointing

location, staff and the restaurant food at the premises

Overestimated

It doesn't respect the booking description. The room was really old poorly cleaned, we received a two single bed instead of a matrimonial bed. There is no garden in the structure. The staff does not speak English. It was not possible to pay with credit card (that would exonerate you, by an Argentinian law, from paying IVA), ONLY CASH.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is abundant and offers a nice variety of pastries. Close to Callao metro station, it's easy to reach and visit Buenos Aires.

Disappointed!

Room was dirty, broken heater, toilet door didn't close properly. Got the booking wrong...booked two rooms but were given one room...corrected later. Language was a pain....they don't speak English!

Location was ok

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Very good breakfast, better than expected.
    • Quadruple Room

WiFi signal, an announced disaster, since routers are enclosed in aluminum boxes (a big fat no-no). Also, showers with half doors soak all the entire bathroom wet; a cheap curtain can do a better job.

Very good breakfast, better than expected.

Disappointed

Even though I booked the cheaper room, I somehow expected more because it wasn't the cheapest hotel. The room was fine but as it was located in the first floor the window view was just awful; you could only see a poorly maintained patio with trash all over. Plus, the room was so noisy you could literally hear someone else snoring at night or passing by the door. I cannot begin to describe my discontent about the shower! It was simply impossible to use without flooding the whole bathroom - and you have to wait for 5 minutes or more for the hot water to come. On top of all, the staff was not the friendliest I've dealt with: I had to present my passport twice before they did the tax exemption and wait for ages before doing the check out.

Breakfast was OK, but given the size of the restaurant and the amount of guests, you'll have to wait for a seat. Location was great, with lots of cafes and touristic attractions nearby.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

I realise I should have left review for this reservation instead, so I replicate what I wrote below

The staff had difficulty giving me a satisfactory room in the first 2-3 days (but they did later); the rooms they offered initially were either too small, not well ventilated, too old/unclean, too noisy or with broken A/C. The staff speak very limited English and it can be very difficult to communicate with them. Facilities in the room are basic. The lift is extremely small.

I stayed for 25 nights - generally comfortable, great location and excellent breakfast. Despite many of the previous reviews, I actually find it quite clean and cozy (at least my room was).

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

I stayed for 25 nights - generally comfortable, great...
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Bath

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

I expected more and better.

The room, the door of the washroom didn't work properly. I woke up my partner every morning when i used the washroom. The bribe of the "taxi" driver to the receptionist when he picked us up (someone charged us more for to go to the airport)

The breakfast was good

Confortable, un hotel agradable

Confortable, un hotel agradable

Location close to the city centre and metro.

Location close to the city centre and metro.

Smell and AA wasn't cold enough

Todo fue muy bien.

Todo fue muy bien.

The ubication and the breakfast

The toilet there was broken and the shower was flooding

The ubication and the breakfast

Elevator i too small

Elevator i too small

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Every things id like

Every things id like

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Loaction

Cleaning and poor staff attitude

Loaction

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

The elevator it's too small .

The elevator it's too small . The staff it's no Service oriented. I was with my baby and I have to close the stroller to go in the elevator. I ask for a coffe in my room and the waiting time was 45 minutes. I came at 10 pm from a 16 hours trip with my 1 one year old baby . I call to reception to ask for a knife and they answer: IF YOU WANT A KNIFE , YOU HAVE TO COME AND ASK IN THE KITCHEN ... Really?

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

just the breakfast

very poor wi-fi and internet, head of reception staff very rud and disrespectfull, should be more clean and learn how to treat guest, we are paying for good service and that did not happen.

just the breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

Location comfort breakfast etc

Liked everything

Location comfort breakfast etc

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Sarmiento Palace Hotel traveller photo gallery