Reviews of Viamonte Buenos Aires Apart 3 stars

Viamonte 1373, C1053ACA Buenos Aires, Argentina

#218 of 639 Holiday rentals in Buenos Aires

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Very kind staff

The staff at the hotel was very very kind. The guys at the reception gave us helpful information how to get to different turist atraction in BA. We also could leave our lagguage at the hotel for 2 days. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

very good chose

nothing can be better .Thanks

Thank you for asking my opinion about this Hotel .I like it from very beginning .It was my very good chose I highly recommend this Hotel for every traveller : 1.Location is perfect ,just center of city 2. room is clean and quiet .3. breakfast is good and not expensive 4. the most i was impressed - the small kitchen corner at the room, including microwave ,refrigerator, boiling machine for coffee .It is so convenient. The big store is very close ,so you can buy the food and semi prepared food and have a nice like family dinner at room The Hotel stuff is very,very friendly and knowledgeable ,it was very important for me to find the right direction to go to different Olympics Parks at Buenos Aires -2018. By the way Olympics was organized just fantastic So if you go to Buenos Aires -take this hotel and we will not regret ,from any point including fine price. Thank you Viamonte Buenos Aires Apart.and all stuff. I love you all. vasily from New York

Great location. Dated facilities.

It's an old place which is okay but needed a serious update (especially bathrooms). Room smelt musty and some areas were not cleaned properly.

Location is great. Exactly where you want to be as a tourist. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast is pretty good also.

Nice stay with a very reasonable price.

The noise from the street and from other people's room could be annoying for some travelers but it didn't bother me that much.

Staffs are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel location is amazing. The room is really spacious and clean. Really enjoyed my stay though it was just one night.

We had a reasonably restful stay and will be back next year for our yearly convention

The airconditioner was not functioning to its capacity and the internet was weak.

The spacious rooms and the quietness. The location was also a plus for us.

The hotel is not new, but nevertheless quite clean and...

The hotel is not new, but nevertheless quite clean and comfortable. The air conditioner was located right above the bed which was not good. Location is great, lots of places of interest are located nearby. Overall we were satisfied with the service.

Great value Great location Friendly helpful staff

Great location, easy walking distance to main shopping area, close to bus stops and subway. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Good breakfast Excellent value for money

Just excellent. Price point provided great value

A little noisy

Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Answers our many many questions and provided assistance when we needed it. Location is excellent, close to everything we needed and just a $12 cab ride away from the domestic airport. A little noisy from the traffic but that is a big city, its noisy. Breakfast was good. I had had the same breakfast for 20 straight days at other hotels in South America so I was a little tired of it. Still, brekkie was good value for the money. would stay again for sure.

Апарт-отель в центре города.

Bad coffee at breakfast. Lack of a kettle in the room - twice stayed at this hotel, and twice we had to ask at the reception. Very noisy, thank to thin walls in the room we can hear the sounds of the street, the clapping of doors on the floor and the crying of the child in neighbor room. I advise to choose a room with view of backyard, despite the lack of a view from the window, it is much quieter. The hotel administration did not allow to apply the right of the genius-traveler for an additional two hours before the check-out, referring to the congestion of the hotel.

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Colon Theater. Good breakfast (except coffee). Room with panoramic windows and a pretty view of Viamonte. Good pressure of water in the bathroom. Very clean room, cleaning was done every day. The staff is polite and friendly. As genius-travelers, we were able to chek-in two hours earlier, thanks to the hotel's management.

MY opinion

Too noisy (street, elevator, nextdoor room). Couldn't understand some receptionists. Not such good values for money.

Near the place I needed to go. Some members of the staff were really nice and helpful.

The hotel staff was very helpful in getting our transportation to/from the airport and to the cruise ship. Our room overlooked the street. We did not mind the traffic noise during the day, and we found the room quiet by night. The location is a twenty-minute walk from Recoleta and a bit farther from Plaza de Mayo. We even walked all the way to La Boca, but that was a bit tiring for my old legs. We really enjoyed having the kitchenette in the room. There is an Express Carrefour right across the street, which made buying food and beverages very handy. I would gladly stay here again.

Location + great accommodations + excellent service = absolute winning stay!

The view, but SOMEONE has to get the inside room... haha

Excellent breakfast was reasonably priced. When we arrived, the bar fridge was full of items for sale. We requested they remove them and it was done immediately. Also, the 'kitchen' has no dishes, but they told us to just bring up anything we wanted from the breakfast room. Great service, and ready answers to all of our many questions, requests for advice/directions! These guys know it all and are happy to share!

Great Staff

Comfy beds and neat room. Staff at reception are great and helpful. We were on loan a travel card (just need to top up) to take bus and subway conveniently. Location is at city centre where you can reach major sights on foot. Bus stop and subway station nearby.

The reception staff were fantastic.
    • Executive Suite

It wasn't clear to us that breakfast wasn't included in our initial booking..being a little more clear about that would have been nice.

The reception staff were fantastic. They gave us directions and even helped us change money.

WONDERFUL VACATIONS IN BUENOS AIRES.

I like Viamonte Hotel very much because it is close to every thing in the city. Their staff is VERY PROFESSIONAL and kind. Their breakfast and food at their restaurant is good and the price for them is reasonable.

Great location but indifferent staff

The older gentleman at reception was always rather surly and unfriendly. We stayed for five nights so had plenty of time to interact with the staff. My real complaint is with the staff at breakfast who seemed solely concerned with using their cell phones behind the bar day in and day out and failed to clear the tables of dirty plates, etc regularly. One time, I counted five dirty tables with no attention paid to clearing them. Breakfast offerings were good but this was a damper together with their unfriendly attitude. Tea would have been nice to have as an option, too.

The location was ideal, just a five minute walk to Teatro Colon. The younger members of the reception staff were very friendly and helpful; one even loaned us his Sube card so we could take public transportation to the train station for a day trip to Tigre.

Good choice for the money!
    • Executive Suite

The internet works only in the living room. No cups/spoons/plates/towels for dishes, just 2 glasses. If you need to use the microwave, you can get it at the restaurant. And, the floor at our arrival was not clean. But, they do cleaning every day.

Excellent location, good staff, good food and restaurant service. Very comfortable big bed.

Very good access to all the main locations and transport. Pretty rooms and good breakfast.

Last night like at 12:00 y went to the administration to ask if they had a switch to lend me for my computer. The guy in the reception didn´t even bother much not even asking someone else and just said "no". I had to walk like 10 blocks in the middle of the night to buy one and when I returned to the hotel I told a bit mad that I bought one... the giy just said "fine" like "what do I care". It was pretty umpleasent of him.

The location is great and the rooms very good with a lot of space!

Viamonte all the way

The location was perfect to visit Buenos Aires. For first timers Close to all important monuments. Good size rooms. We had an apartment with bedroom sitting room/incorporated and terrace.

We had a good time there

The view from the room is nill.Some of the staff were arrogant and unfriendly.A dangerous item in the room: literaly falling apart glazed wardrobe.

Excellent location!Comfy bed,large room.Reasonable price,good value.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Really enjoyable stay but with room for improvement

Not a very scenic outlook from the bedroom window and can be relatively noisy if you are not on the upper floors with all the renovations going on across the street. The bathroom was very small - some would say compact. No anti-slip mat in the bath which resulted in my girlfriend almost having a serious accident as she stepped into it and I would watch out for the towel shelf above the bath, being tall I almost smacked my face against it. A kettle was provided for us - ask before you arrive, but there were no teas or coffees to welcome us, which would have been a nice touch. The reception area was very narrow on the side to access the lift - 2 people cannot pass comfortably.

Overall a very enjoyable stay. Large spacious clean room overlooking the AFA Headquarters - just a shame that we didn't see any soccer players entering or leaving. We asked for a large double or king size bed and the hotel duly obliged. The staff were courteous and attentive with some actually communicating in English - very nice touch for a non-Spanish speaking person, and being treated like a welcome guest makes a very big difference to your stay. The room itself was relatively quiet - we could hear guests in the corridor but not through the walls unlike another hotel I stayed in. The breakfast was satisfactory but we chose to have breakfast elsewhere for the majority of our stay. The hotel itself is conveniently located for the all the major attractions and not too far away from the bus station.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

A great welcome to the country - Great hotel, don't get the shuttle service though!

I booked a shuttle to the airport the following day and pre-paid, the driver picked me up on time and he didn't speak English which wasn't an issue until it came time to drop me off. I offered a tip that I felt was acceptable and he got very rude demanding I pay him more. He just kept slapping his hands together wanting me to give him more money. Now, I know there are different customs here in Argentina but I was quite shocked at the level of aggressive rudeness. Initially I offered him $20USD which he declined stating he had no money for change. I eventually got out of him what he wanted me to pay which was about $260 pesos so I jumped on the internet and found the exchange rate which worked out at $16.40 USD, I had no pesos' at the time and had to give him the $20 USD which I knew I wasn't going to see any change from - I just wanted the whole experience to be over - which he snatched and made a snide comment - no, I don't speak Spanish but the tone was enough to indicate the intent. Not a very pleasant start to my holiday really and put the great experience of the hotel the night before in a bad light.

Check-in was super easy and the guy serving was so apologetic as there was a group ahead of me taking a long time. Once he began serving the process was very quick and he made concession for my appalling Spanish and spoke English perfectly. It was an amazing welcome to the city - Thank you (sorry I don't remember your name)

Good location and good price
    • Standard Triple Room

Hotel situated in the center with good access to all you need to see in Buenos. Room spacey, clean, although we met one bug, which in a block of apartments is rather normal for us in this climate. Breakfast good, many things to choose from. Stuff nice, helpful, helped to organise a cheap transfer to the airport. No problem to leave luggage for a day.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Perfect place to stay

There was nothing that I found wrong with the place and would recommend it to everyone.

The staff were very helpful kind. The breakfast was all that you said it would be. Plenty of choices for breakfast. The meals at night were tasty and good value. Great location

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Pleasant for the price

i could hear the next door neighbour's TV on all night. I did mention to reception that the fridge smelt off.

The staff were friendly, the location and facilities were good

Value for money-perfect choice

The rooms could be cleaner and some parts (i.e. windows) could be renovated.

Perfect location in the center of BA, extremely friendly and helpful staff, very good wifi connection in the rooms, decent breakfast, very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Convenient if not pretty location

Room outlook is not scenic. Usual aircon noise issues (always travel with good earplugs if you are a light sleeper!). There is slight rumble from metro so higher floors are better. I thought it was a little over priced. Always be aware of the 21% VAT not necessarily included in the 'final price' amount. The district isnt pretty but its safe. Watch the locals using cellphones for example

Located in San Nicholas district, 2 blocks west of the main 9 de Julio Avenue through the city. 30 minute walk to Micro centro where shops (Florida St) Casa Rosada (free and English at certain times weekends, book online) and most museums are and near Green Line metro which also takes you to Micro or out to the lovely middle class Palermo district. Easy taxi ride to St Telmo or Boca (not all areas of Boca are safe). Room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast had a good choice of scrambled egg/sausage, cereal fruit, natural yoghurt and muesley options. Reception staff very helpful. Not many bars in the area. Best is Patagonia Bar on Paraguy west of jct with Uruguy who do artesanal + bottled beers. For older peeps go to Bar Celta at Sarmiento y Rodriques Pena (7 blocks,15-20m walk r cab)for good food and beer. Childen ok here too. Green/veggy? and fast food at end of street. Good unisex hairdresser (peluqueria) on same block. ATMs at HSBC further along Viamonte worked for me where others dont. You may need to wait for someone to let you in out of hours. Never too long in my experience.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Good basic hotel near Teatro Colon

Noisy street (buses) and requirement to use room key into slot to turn on lights and AC

Very very basic room, good size and adequate but many better options for the same rate. Location near T. Colon best selling point.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Excelent place. Good money value

Excellent staff atendance and support Room size. Location.Location .Location

Perfect for long or short staying

Confort, functionality, location, staff

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

nice staff

no free breakfast

nice staff

Location, supermarket right opposite.

Location, supermarket right opposite. Friendly and helpful staff. Cozy and spacious room with mini Kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Good value property

Bed hard, room lacking facilities

Reasonable location, very good front of house staff

Huge Bed!

Front desk guy in the afternoon is kind of rude. Beyond that, nice hotel.

Huge Bed!

I would come back

Friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Nothing was a bother. Smiling faces that greet you each time.

Fantastic staff, very helpful, good facilities.

Fantastic staff, very helpful, good facilities.

Great location and big apartment

Great location and big apartment

Love BA fabulous city

Would have liked a property kitchen facility, No hob, no oven, only microwave

Staff were very friendly and accommodating

Good value for the money

The ridiculous tax applied on top despite having visa

The location and the generous space

Early check-in was possible

Room we had needs to be renovated...

Early check-in was possible

Overall acceptable , breakfast could ave yogurt and warm eggs...

602 furnishings could be upgraded 201 was better still could be better

The Staff were excellent,helpful, especially Nicholas the manager

Very good and very friendly

Kitchen corner

The staff, in particular Nicolas, Matias, Marcelo

Very good very flexible and willing to please

The air con unit was noisy

How helpful the staff were and and allowing us to store our bags for 5 days before our stay

overall a good hotel, mainly the staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

a little noisy; our room was near a machine or motor working outdoors.

the staff was really friendly and helpful. specially Matias Rebecchi.

Great location, good value for money
    • Executive Suite

Shower access in the bath could be an problem if you had mobility issues

Very helpful reception desk staff; good breakfast each morning

Very good price vs quality, big room and excellent.

Very good price vs quality, big room and excellent.

App with kitchen and the only thing you get is a microwave

App with kitchen and the only thing you get is a microwave Always need a go to open the door

Room could have been cleaner.

Room could have been cleaner. Towels were ratty.

Excellent Staff.

Excellent Staff. Room was simple, comfortable, and clean. Great location. Great price.

Location, location, location

Right beside Teatro Colon in the centre of the city. You couldn’t ask for a better spot.

Viamonte Apart in Buenos Aires is a wonderful find at a great value!

There was really nothing that we can complain about.

The staff and location were excellent. This was a great find for its value.

Capital stay

One night air conditioning unit outside was a bit noisy.

Central position, helpful staff, decent breakfast.

Staf was great

Staf was great

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Pretty good stay!
    • Standard Triple Room

It was possible to hear the neighbor room.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Pretty good stay

Location is great!

A good value centrally-located hotel

Bathroom small and in need of a refurb.

Efficient staff, excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Hotel excelente

La atencion

Overall a great little hotel with everyone you need.

The flooring is coming up in some places.

Great location and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Leisure trip to BAs - Vianonte Hotel

The mattress

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Close to all major attractions.

Starting to show signs of wear, but very functional.

Close to all major attractions. Maps and helpful staff at reception. Big rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

super all rounder,would come again

air conditioning in sitting area perhaps!!!

we enjoyed our stay with you and were very happy with everything, thanks

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The bed was so comfy i kept missing breakfast, but it is an...

Booking.com don't answer my emails.

The bed was so comfy i kept missing breakfast, but it is an easy walk down to the shopping mall.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Very good value for money, centrally located.

Very convenient location, good sized room and an excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Location, cheap price

Room 205, at back of building, bad smell and not clean. Found cigarette packets left behind.

Location, cheap price

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Very big room, big bed

Clean

Very big room, big bed

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

They were expecting me when I arrived at 7am and so I had a...

They were expecting me when I arrived at 7am and so I had a hot shower and a comfy bed ready to crash into. They let me sleep without disturbance all morning. That request is not always understood and accepted, and in this case the reception gentleman was also very pleasant, helpful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2015

The location is wonderful.

Cleanliness can be improved, not that it's bad, it just could be better. The renovations the hotel had could have gone deeper. AC/ heat unit didn't operate as it should have but it was passable.

The location is wonderful. The building has been renovated and while it can have improvements, the value is very good. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

Good central location.

Noisy location, and moreover the windows do not isolate the traffic noise at all. Part of the staff doesn't speak English. There was no Internet for most of our stay due to technical problems. Facilities were nice but needed refreshing. There is a kitchenette and microwave but absolutely no kitchenware.

Good central location. Bed really big and comfortable. Lots of space in the room.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2015

excellent location in the city center

- rude staff (except one person), with any ask they threat us like uninvited guests at the hotel - breakfast -total mess: all the time there was lack of plates, cups, cutlery, etc. Untidy desk on which they serve breakfast - room at the second floor, you can feel the tremor of a passing subway - room needs total refreshment (last was about 10 or more years ago I think)

excellent location in the city center

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

This is a really nice hotel, with everything you need to a...

The location was in a business area but not a real problem.

This is a really nice hotel, with everything you need to a very high standard. very spacious room and lovely bathroom, the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

Perfect location, close to the subway and bus stops.

Not many options at breakfast, for the value. I found a small cockroach in the room.

Perfect location, close to the subway and bus stops.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Good size room and close to main bus station and most of...

Good size room and close to main bus station and most of tourist attractions are easy to get to from here.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

Noisy air condition units

Great location Helpful staff ordering taxi changing money

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

Nice place for little money

Nice place for little money

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Viamonte Buenos Aires Apart traveller photo gallery