Reviews of a&o Wien Stadthalle 2 stars

Lerchenfelder Gürtel 9-11, 16. Ottakring, 1160 Vienna, Austria

#295 of 316 hotels in Vienna

Based on 1457 hostel reviews

• Hotel Single Room

Under bed sheet there was a plastic!

Friendly staff, bar opened 24/7, parking for 12e in that area that is a great price, security staff checking really responsibly 24/7 parking and coridors, good location

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

At arriving at 10:00, they asked me to be present after 15:00, because the room was getting "prepared" after that time. I think that was on purpose, so I could not find anything better at afternoon. The corridor was smelling bad, didn't like it. After entering room, the other guys had invaded it with socks and pants trying to dry them. The bed was hospital style for which I had to pay 3 extra euros for sheets...

The staff was ok, so was the breakfast, for which you have to pay 7 euro more per day. They were so nice to keep my luggage in a locked room while I was visiting the city. The location was so so...away from city attractions but near a subway station. They helped my cancelling the next day.

• Hotel Twin Room

Beautiful apartments located in 5 min walk from the metro. We arrived very tired at 7 am, the check-in was due at 3 pm and our room was not prepared yet, but the staff quickly prepared the room and at 7.20 we were already asleep. Many thanks to the staff of the hostel. I recommend

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

During the 2nd night I stayed in a dormitory a vagrant, clearly a member of the latest illigal imigration wave, got into the room at 2am and made a lot of noise. He was not a guest as he did not have a magnetic card to access the room. He tried to borrow (to steal to be more precise) clothes and shoes. I should've kicked him out myself. In the morning I reported the incident at the reception and left the hostel. I travelled extensively in Latin America and never had such an incident. Shame on the hostel!

• Hotel Twin Room

My friend and I had booked a twin room. When we arrived we were told that they were overbooked, and we got a 4-bed dorm for ourselves. There was no space to move in the room, it was probably what we had booked + a bunk bed. The bathroom was dusty. There was no air conditioning, so we had to sleep with the windows open. The streets are very busy, so sleep without earplugs was impossible. The reception had no earplugs.

Breakfast was very good and the staff was nice.

All was good.

The staff was very kind and you have your own space in the room. The common areas are very comfortable. The staff helped me a lot, I left my locker key inside of the locker and they solved the problem in a few minutes.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There were two properties, they should have clarified it somewhere. I ended up at the wrong one. You have to pay extra for bedsheet which was unexpected.

The bed was comfy and the attached bathroom was an added bonus.

• Hotel Single Room

In the booking confirmation my single room was listed as one with a double bed, but had only a prison-bunk-sized single bed. My room was dark. Keep in mind: this property itself is more like a hostel/dormitory fit for back-packing students rather than a normal hotel.

Fair value for the price at a great location (the club I went to visit is just a couple of minutes away) - very basic, but clean with better-than-average free wifi.

• Hotel Twin Room

On the hotel side there was a bad smell from the kitchen on the hallway.

It's a perfect location for exploring the city and a walking distance from Vienna concert hall.

• Hotel Single Room

Extremely noisy - traffic from street prevents having a good night sleep and doors are so noisy that movement of residents is accompanied by constant loud bangs of shutting doors.

Staff

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Price of bed linen (3.50) and towels (1.50)

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and well equipped (even shower gel/shampoo and hairdryer present).

No parking available unless you are lucky if there is a parking place available. cca 10 parking spaces for more than 100 rooms.

The location is very close to metro line. Breakfast is modest.

• Hotel Single Room

I did not like the location anymore as it was noisy from the main road of the street especially my room was close to the street.

All the facilities were available and upon demand. The staff are so friendly and regarding to the cleanness of the room, iIt was clean and safe.

• Hotel Single Room

Breakfast selection was poor, bed was half the size stated in my confirmation, room was small, bathroom wasn't properly cleaned.

The staff was nice, and the location was perfect (as I came to town for a concert at Stadthalle).

• Hotel Twin Room

The pillows were horrific, I’ve come back with a sore neck & didn’t get a good night sleep at all!

Perfect location, staff were friendly and small but comfy rooms

• Hotel Single Room

Not the most quiet environment. Was awakened by doors slamming and someone making a very angry business call. Didn't bother me that much though.

Very central location, easy to access from most transport hubs, friendly and helpful staff, been to the hotel section, perfect, if all you need is a place to sleep after concerts or sightseeing tours. Very clean room. Got what I paid for.

• Hotel Twin Room

Everything was above our expectations! Great room, so clean. A lot of food choise for breakfast. Wiener Stadthalle is 5min away on foot, that's the main reason we've booked this hostel and we couldn't be happier with it. Last day after checkout we left our luggage in luggage room and we got to spend time in city without having a luggage to carry with us. And staff is so friendly, really great people. We are coming back for sure! :-*

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Additional price for bed sheets! I did not expect that before the check-in, but it was still OK considering the fair price I originally had.

I stayed only for one night. I left early in the morning to catch a flight. Everything was smooth. The hostel was easy to find, close to the metro station, the toilet and bathroom were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Our room wasn't cleaned often and when they came to do it they cleaned just the bath room. There was no option to select male or female room. There are no facilities if you want to prepare your own food. Something like a microwave or like a little kitchen corner would be nice. Breakfast price way too expncive -7€.

The best thing about this hostal is the location really close to a shopping center, metro and all kind of food bars. Price is not so bad and it was really warm all day. Staff are friendly. There is a lot of noise outside but when the windows are closed everything is ok.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It wasn't a very good hostel. It was noisy, other visitors were very disturbing for us in the room. Nothing was different. I won't choose this hostel again.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Might be economically based, but I thought the breakfast price was a bit much but I don't have much to complain about.

I loved that bedding was included, I heard it wasn't. I am so glad there is a cleaning service. I LOVED the open spaces to do things. bar, restaurant, pooI table, etc. THANK GOD FOR HOT WATER, heat, and multiple mirrors!

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The blankets edges were dirty :( i had to fold it to use it. and the food variety of the breakfast was poor. There were no hot dishes for breakfast only cold ones.

Thw reception speaks fluently in english and answered all my questions with paitance and even changed my booking to a female dormitory for my own comfort The internet was really good and without any difficulty. The rooms were clean and quiet also.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I didn't really like the area much. The hotel is on a big street and when u open the window it's kinda loud but it's close to U6 and bus. It takes you only 15min into the city center.

I stayed in a 6 bed room. First i didnt noticed i booked a mixed room but i could switch to a ladys room pretty easily. The rooms were super clean and bathroom is within the room. It had shampoo and a hairdryer as well. The breakfast was surprisingly good and only 7€. It's German breakfast with bread and coffee. They had cereals and yogurt too.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The staff and place was good. However, they were asking for extra 3.5 euros in leiu of bedding sheets which should had been either included or atleast told when booking the room.

A budget place to stay

There isn’t anything.

Walking distance to the downtown, around 35min. Clean, parking (for additional price, but cheaper then any public parking). Totally worth it.

• Hotel Twin Room

An odd habit of keeping PVC under the sheets.

Location. Location. Location. If you can reach everything in the city centre on foot or by a brief tram-subway journey, and exploring the city is your goal (and enjoying the hotel amenities is not your priority), then you should be satisfied. The staff is responsive to your requests (albeit you might have every now and then something to ask to be improved)

• Hotel Twin Room

We always go back to this hotel because we like everything about it, especially the decor. Our room was spacious, well-lit, clean, with comfortable beds and a large window overlooking the boulevard. The ensuite bathroom was very clean and with many amenities. The wi-fi worked well. We will definitely come back again.

• Hotel Single Room

Far from the center but with accessible transportation. Bed is okay but the pillow is almost flat.

Working wifi and accommodating staff. Accessible to the metro but still it is far from the center where you have to changed lines.

• Hostel Six-Bed Room with Bunk Bed

In italy Towels are free of charge by law . In A&O Wien Stadthalle you have to pay for each towel... The room was not very clean, the windows was full of fingermarks, the filter of the air in the bathroom was filthy. Also the walls had stains. Beds wheren't that comfortable either.

A&O Wien Stadthalle is a good comprimise of quality and price, breakfast is all you can eat, and has a very low price parking spot in Wien, also the Hostel is in the best position to visit Wien.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The location is nice, 3 mins to underground and bus stop. The room is clean and facility is good. The shower is hot enough also they provide hair dry in each room. Staff is really friendly and helpful.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

extremly loud, expensive drinks, to small rooms for 4 people, or very big rooms for very small people

in middle of the city, clean, warm, warmwatter, friendly staff

• Hotel Twin Room

Mattress has been awfull, no one deserves to sleep on a mattress in that bad shape.

15 minute walk from city centre, stadt halle just around the corner. Great value

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

If you are a solo traveler pay attention, I didn't feel save. Some people live there, out of my room for six, 2 ladys were living there. I like staying at hostels because sometimes is fun and you can meet nice people, this is not the case with this hostel, try to avoid it if possible unless you stay only one night. Stay somewhere else, as they charge you for everything is better other place a bit more expensive.

Location is good! Close to the metro and during weekdays Is cheap to stay

• Hotel Twin Room

Emm, hard to say... 30 minutes to go to Hofburg? Anyway, there is Subway stop nearby. Most probable suggestions would be to put lockers into apartments.

We booked the room for two with the girlfriend, so, our apartment was ideal - clean, big enough, with nice bed and bathroom. Breakfast for the additional 7 EUR was also nice - salads, eggs, cheese, drinks, etc. - you can eat as much as you can to get enough energy for the walking and museums visiting!

• Hotel Twin Room

Access only via stairs (lift goes to full floor but not the mid-floor)!

Spacious bathroom with soap. Room oriented towards a silent sideroad. Flatscreen TV (although very small). Check-out at 10AM. Very friendly staff. Spacious halls allowing easy transport of luggage. Very clean. Bedlinen and towels were included!

• Hotel Single Room

I was on the upper floor, with roof window and no covers. That was not a big problem now in November when sun is not that strong, but normally I like to cover my windows so that sun doesn't wake me up in the morning.

Nice, comfortable and quiet room, even if the hostel was full. Very close to bus and train stations, just a few minutes walk. There is a small mall nearby and supermarkets like Billa and similar.

• Hotel Single Room

Dislike filling in my registration form for the desk clerk. No welcoming amenity of any type. Was one supposed to be offered a genius? Breakfast was expensive when compared to other hostels.

The value, location and quality of the room was exceptional. After complaining found a more convenient room.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I almost got refused to check-in because I arrived after 23:00. Even though the hostel had a sign that says you can do so and that I specified the time of my arrival using Booking.com. Accepting to check me in was almost considered as a favor.

The hostel is perfectly located between the Vienna west train station and the center. The Wiener Stadthalle, home to some of the best musical events of the city is less than 5 minutes away. The staff are helpful but not necessarily in the most polite way. Which is a weird combination.

- 3E for bed linen - 20E for a box with kitchenstuff

- very clean - bright rooms, and really clean - close to the center - WC and Shower seperated (in a 6-bed-dorm) - good wifi

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I liked mostly everything may be only it was a little bit expensive for me rather than that everything was Nice.

Everything the staff was very friendly. whenever I ask about something the staff was very helpful especially Natalie she was very nice and funny.

Management needs to rethink laundry process. Rolling MULTIPLE carts of laundry with noisy wheels across the parking lot over which all rooms look at 2:00 a.m. is unacceptable-- we come there to SLEEP.

Good hike but direct walk to the city center. Close to subway.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Very close to main road, very noisy during the whole day Needs more than one person at the reception

Big hostel rooms, separate bathroom and toilet, lockers (need own lock)

for transit travelers not so good (very big noise just by the main street, it is not possible to open the window even at night.. unpleasant smell when window is closed..) they must consider air condition

great location for people visiting/touring Vienna, families friendly, good breakfast

• Hotel Twin Room

The beds were a little uncomfortable. We only stayed for a night though, therefore it was completely fine.

Everything was nice and clean. Breakfast was great too.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

They only mention in the confirmation email that the bed sheets cost 3.50 euro or you bring your own.

The U-Bahn station is very close. Walking to the city center takes about 40 minutes.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Shared kitchen is terrible, especially the refrigerator. Staff is kind but just one person to handle numerous guests, you need to wait long to ask info

bed is cozy. Location is a little far from center but really near subways station

• Hotel Twin Room

The registrar's boy was wrong with us. Instead of 3 rooms in the hotel, the keys they gave us were for 2 rooms in a boarding house with bunk beds. It was a great bustle to fix the mistake. The rooms are very small and there is no air conditioning. It's getting hot.

Great location. The Stadthalle Events Center is a 5-minute walk away. Despite the narrow rooms, there are many contacts. Pillows are wonderful. Mattresses comfortable.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There's no a.c. or fans, so if you're staying during the summer months expect it to be on the warmer side.

It's a bit far from the center, but it's right next to a metro line so it's super easy to get downtown.

• Hotel Single Room

Even with windows open, there was no possibility to cool down the room enough (no air current). Was a bit warm at this time of the year, but bearable.

I took the cheapest private room. Small, clean bed and a small clean bathroom. Very good value for the price. Transport is easy with metro. No AC but the windows could be opened.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I found the staff quite impolite, although the hostel is in a decent area, it is a long walk to the centre for sightseeing. I would be careful booking a smaller dorm,as in my room for four, it was only myself (19,f) and annolder guy, which although he was fine, made me slightly nervous.

Having an en suite which was cleaned every day was great.

• Hotel Twin Room

The yard in front smelled of piss; the hallways smell like too much perfume (not very ventilated I guess?). If you open the window it's really hard to sleep because it's extremely loud (but it gets too hot inside if you don't open the window) - one night I woke up at 2am at the sound of someone either smashing someone's head onto the fence or just kicking the fence and screaming very loudly; you basically have no pillow? It was so thin like sleeping on a sheet of paper. Most of the people working there had this "whatever" vibe and I feel like, if I payed for a service, I should get at least someone pretending to care and not being so slow and uninterested. The hotel is close to the center (relatively, by u-bahn or tram) but it's a strange neighborhood with not that many people so it gets a bit scary at night (plus there's a huge construction going on there, you feel really cut off).

I only liked the mattresses, to be honest, they were pretty comfy. I liked that the shower pressure was good. Some of the staff was okay (it seems there are dozens working there so you never know who you're gonna talk to next).

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Hotel Twin Room

- the rooms facing the main street (at least) are pretty noisy - breakfast not included (even for the private hotel rooms) - that's something that I'm always used to find in any Austrian good hotel - the bathroom is really small

+ comfortable beds (even for a problematic back!) + good breakfast at decent price + close to metro and bus station

• Hotel Single Room

I was extremely unimpressed when I woke up at 3:00am to head to the subway station on Monday morning only to find out the train wasn't running. I had asked the man at the front desk to write down the times and routes for me the night before. I ended up walking to the subway station with all of my luggage...sitting there for twenty minutes...and then having to walk back to the hotel. This was a most unpleasant situation at such an early time in the morning especially, when I am girl in my 20's who is travelling alone. The man at the front desk had written down the times for me.. I was unable to do the research myself because the subway schedule was in German. I ended up having to take a taxi to the airport instead of the public transit route that he had written down for me - the taxi was 38 euros. I was quite displeased as I could have had an extra hour of sleep (which goes a long way at 3:00am) and felt that the front desk staff should have been more diligent in the provision of accurate transit information!!

The property was conveniently located within 3 minutes walking distance to the subway. The room and bathroom were very clean! Washroom was fairly newly renovated. Friendly staff. Fantastic value for money!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Hotel Twin Room

Size of the bedroom and lack of space to put luggage and clothes

Quite pragmatic, correct and well thought Good value for money in Vienna, but appeared a bit expensive for what it is in absolute terms

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Only a few of the lockers were big enough for a bag so some guests weren't able to store their bags in a locker. Towels included would have been nice. The kitchen area did the job but wasn't very pleasant. Small and bland with harsh light and no windows.

The staff were great. Simon was especially helpful. Location is good with perfect access to train station and mall. Room was cozy and nice.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

location is not for the outgoing extravagant personality. perfect for quiet away from the buzz

staff were informative n helpful for anything u wanted to know

• Hotel Twin Room

Very small room (No 139),others are bigger(more or less).We asked for parking when we reserved,but we didn't get it

Good location and personal,fast check in and check out

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The luggage room was poorly managed. Locking the room has no point if the staff does not keep track of the key or who holds the key at any given moment.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Rooms can get a bit cramped especially if some people have excessive luggage.

Good clean service and accomodation, not the best location for accessing the city centre but still very easy via the train system, breakfast was excellent with a variety of options for a good price.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No entertainment at all. Not recommended to single traveller because people there are often in groups.

Although the staff are really busy , they are willing to spend some time to help u. Staff are nice.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

You have to pay for the bed sheets and towel if u don't bring your own.

I was happy to get a bed from shared womens room when I checked in.(I had booked a bed from 6person mixed room). It was clean, quiet and good wifi. Bed was very comfortable! Close to Metro station and cafes, grocery stores etc. Very nice man working at the reception. The reception is always open when you need something.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The room I stayed in had an awkward configuration for the beds, but other than that it was good.

Staff was helpful and it was so nice to do my laundry. The luggage room and private bathroom were also really nice.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The area during nights is maybe not so nice. You need to walk around 30 minutes to reach the city centre. Dont expect a kitchen or a fridge to keep your food. Bring your own towel and padlock for the locker.

Nice room, with good bathrooms. Big common area. Is more a hotel than a hostel. Be adviced that you have to pay for the bedsheets. They also have laundry for 6 euros. Good kebab places just a few meters away.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Hostel Six-Bed Room with Bunk Bed

It was one of the cheapest places that we found in Vienna. It was really good if you want to visit the city. It is not near to the city center, but the metro is really closed.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

They will charge you for everything! I mean for everything literally... You have to pay even for the Sheets , even if you want a towel, guess what? They'll charge you.

It's only 10 minutes by bus to the city center

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

- bit far from city center - more or less can be considered a hotel so don't wait the staff to offer you tours or advice - wifi is fair - bedsheets are not free - bed not so comfy

- clean - 2 min walk from metro - private bathroom and toilet are good enough

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

That my bed didnt had a blanket covering the whole bed

Since I came into reception, the staff gave the welcome greeting with a smile.really good service

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Additional price for bed linen; it was a little bit cold in a room although the heat was on.

Friendly staff, clean room with a bathroom, nice view from the window, comfortable mattress.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

not a hostel to book when you want to meet other travellers, too impersonal, no kitchen available to cook your own food, internet crashed when there were too many people connected

ok distance to city centre, though not the best (can be 30' walk) ; shower and toilet separate, that's good

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I was very expensive for a room of six people and I had difficulty in sleeping because of this crowd

I most liked the location.I was really easy to reach city center and bus terminal from the hostel

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Hotel Twin Room

Loud noise from the main road all night! This hotel is not in the city centre and my partner felt unsafe walking around at night. not family friendly at all.. had to carry pram up and down stairs.

friendly staff

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Hostel Six-Bed Room with Bunk Bed

Sometimes during the night, the WIFI didn't work for quite a long duration.

The 6 bed room was great and very clean and comfortable. And the location was very good with tram, bus and metro stops were very nearby.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Hostel Quadruple Room with Bunk Bed

I guess it's a group policy but you should include towels and bed linen in the total price. Didn't understand why the ordinary beds were made and bunk beds not.

Friendly staff. We stayed in comfortable quadruple room. Located just near the metro station. At the same time at a walkable distance from the city center. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Honestly the location is not that good , it's a little bit far from the centre ,buf the main problem is that you have to pay more for the covers and specially the sheets and you have to prepare by your own self the bed. I think that this is crazy, and I don't have to do that ( like all the normal hostels in the world) you have to find your bed ready once you are there

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

They need a system to tell who is staying in the dorm and who is leaving since it can easily happen (like it happened to me) that they remove your bed sheets. Obtaining new ones is however no problem.

A&O is simply a guarantee of quality for low prices!

Browse a&o Wien Stadthalle traveller photo gallery