Reviews of Alpenhotel Saalbach 4 stars

Unterdorf 212, 5753 Saalbach Hinterglemm, Austria

#49 of 78 hotels in Saalbach Hinterglemm

• Standard Single Room

Since I made 2 separate bookings for the weekend both for the same price (1 single room and one double room since not possible to book otherwise in that hotel I wanted to try), the unfriendly reception staff girl (friday evening) told me I would have to change room next day (so instead of early ski I changed room), but instead of a single room, they give me another double room very small dark with lots of things roughly repaired. I was wondering since the person was so unfriendly, why change me from a double to another doubke but really bad quality (I had to ask many times to where the ski room was since she said fast somehow where it was). The bookings were very very expensive for such a bad looking room ! The next day at check out, I asked (like for other spa hotels) if I could use the spa after ski but the staff reception (an old hungarian lady short blond hair) told me: “no, you have to leave” !!! why so rude behaviors!!! I paid expensive to get so stupide staff talking to me like this ! No, I dont agree with the stupid behaviors they shown ! I asked another staff later on why cant I use the spa area after ski since all other hotels around had no probkem with that the previous times I cane to Saalbach? ( I was going back home late afternoon with a friend who got a nice hotel not so big and friendly) ! I was pissed of by the answer “no, you have to leave” Later on, I asked another staff Diana who was very nice if I could stay have a drink at the hotel since so cold outside, she told me I could even use the spa since I was checking out that day ! Thanks to this lady , saved my day but no thanks to other very rude staff !

Breakfeast was nice !

Breakfeast was nice !

Receptionist of the departure should have behaved better in case of beiing couple of minutes too late.,,

Breakfast and staff was great. The other staff was polite except the receptionist of the departure hour. Hotel situation is perfect.

• Double Room - Vintage

Had to ask for English breakfast tea every morning at breakfast - would have been good if it was readily available alongside the other teas on offer. Also, couldn't get a cup of tea in the bar in the afternoons (other than Earl Grey) despite asking almost every day. Still, if that's the worst I can say than clearly on the whole things were pretty good.

Great breakfasts, very friendly and helpful waiting staff at breakfast. Big room. Nice bar area, with a Wii and chess sets. Big hot tub which was very relaxing after skiing. Generally a clean, well-kept and pleasant place to say

swimming pool was cold

you were made welcome from check in to check out, room had a excellent view and balcony breakfast was excellent and staff could not do enough for you, highly recommend this hotel

Very unpleasant reception staff and hotel manger. We had a problem with room heating. Breakfast was poor, especially for the first two days.

The manager was grumpy and very regimental, felt like being back at school. She argued with 2 of out group and this could have been avoided if she was less confrontational, if you confront people you can tend to get an argument rather than a solution.

The property is in a good location and was of good quality.

There was not allowed to take your skis through hotel building. It is quite far away to go around hotel from car parking to the street.

Perfect breakfast, free parking, kind personal, great place.

• Double Room - Vintage

Rooms are dated, no iron available for guests, parts of spa were broken (cold jacuzzi), rooms lack basics (like drinking glasses, mini bar or even a number for reception)

Good location, spa well finished, breakfast is great.

Terrible check out experience with staff being unable to explain discrepancies in bill and rude attitude! Inability of kitchen staff to cook a fried egg. Poor stocking of basic tefreshments in bar. Took 3 days to fix room safe. Limited acces to hotel restaurants.

Rooms roomy and location good.

A bit of a trek for boots and skis in hotel and to slopes. No offer of help with suitcases to hotel room and on departure Refusal into the bar early evening due to New Year’s Eve party

Comfy beds. Excellent friendly staff. Great that you can buy lift passes in the hotel. Great location for shops and bars

Minibar is somewhat missing in the room, although small refrigerator is installed. On the other hand , If you will come late in the night, it is possible to find some pizza or kebab just 150 m from hotel (fortunately).

Staff is great. Position of the hotel also perfect. It is just few minutes walking from three lifts. Room is not very big but it is sufficient, balcony gives nice view. Spa in the hotel is open from 16 to 20 and offers two saunas with cold pool, steam bath, small swimming pool and whirlpool. Environment of spa is very relaxing.

• Standard Single Room

While it is something I have experienced ocassionally in larger hotels, there was some inconsistenty with the availability of hot water at certain times of the day (right around the time the slopes close down for skiing and everyone hits the showers). It is completely understandable, just something to be mindful of when planning your day.

Staff was very helpful and accomodating (not that I needed much). The location was excellent and access to the local lifts was fantastic.

Coffee making or access to coffee from rooms, Snacks and light meals in the bar. Mattress and pillows were too soft and our room was a bit cramped but our friends had a great big room so I guess this is a bit luck of the draw.

Staff friendly, large lounge, rooms and bathroom clean, good housekeeping services, Italian and Mexican restaurant on property was great. Friendly, and easy check in, was great that we got access to room early, access to facilities as we needed late check out was also appreciated.

We loved this place and will be back with our son next Christmas. Our son is 5 so would highly recommend this hotel for a family holiday. The location is great, the breakfast is brilliant and the staff are outstanding with ever too much trouble. The only negative is the service in the adjacent Italian restaurant.....always seems manic but this does not reflect on the rest of the hotel.

terrible servis, noisy place, poor breakfast, slow and small elevator, long way from/to ski room, small rooms, partly cheap furnished, way to expensive

Nice town

Old furniture and bathroom The pool is rather a bathtub with cold water Poor choice of drinks at the bar (more than half of the drinks from the menu were not available to order)

The location and the quality of the breakfast Excellent service in the breakfast lounge.

• Double Room - Vintage

The mattress is not supportive ( not enough coil. Maybe too old). It is in need to upgrade. The bathroom also needs upgrade

Sumptuous breakfast, great wellness spa,

• Standard Single Room

The breakfast area was excellent with a large variety of continental cuisine and a small section of Austrian version of an English fry-up. The waiting staff where excellent in providing coffees teas etc. and most diligent in clearing tables with an ever present smile and helpfulness.

Rooms are what I will say barebone - for example - there is no cup (not even disposable) to drink water or to brush teeth, you need to go to reception to pick up bath robe, no list of TV channels, and so on. As I say - they nickle and dime you for everything. Refrigerator in room was disconnected.

Large rooms, nice views, good balcony and near the lifts. Large bed.

• Double Room - Vintage

The recipcinet was unprofessional she charged us unnecessarily and the owner helped to fix the issue. The parking is limited.

Most of the staff were very atentative and smiley e.g. Mr. Divid. The location is great and the rooms size is good the breakfast had good verity.

• Double Room - Vintage

We visited the hotel in summer and the rooms have no air conditioning. Our room had no balcony so it was quite hot, even for an hotel in the alps.

Friendly personal, always trying to help, when there is an problem Nice and clean rooms Great location

• Double Room - Vintage

Only the water pressure our toilet wasn't strong, we needed to flush three times after one uses.livley

In overal everything was perfect, frendly staff, outstanding breakfast, beautiful environment.

1- The children policy is unclear via Booking.com as they charged us extra 77 € for two kids in the room per the night ! 2- So expensive for family for the location out of Zill Am See by better to take inside the city with same value. 3- In the reception the old lady is so good while the other younger one is unprofessional with guests dealing even little smile is absent ! 4- The wifi is weak.

1-Location is extremely fantastic. 2-The breakfast is so good and the stuff is so polite and helpful. 3- Joker card is very helpful there . 4-The pool is warm and great.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

We both paid extra for a suite, one had clearly been renovated but the other was quite old. But we both paid the same

Great breakfast selection and brilliant location

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Very unfriendly staff. Is not really willing to make the guest feel home. Sometimes we felt like suppliants.

The room was nice. Expected due to these cost.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Rooms worn down but good size and clean. Personal not service-oriented and not friendly.

The majority of the rooms are quite worn. We rented three rooms, one was ok but the other 2 very old. Personal was quite unfriendly and the stay was not worth the money. The location of the hotel was good.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Saalbach has multiple groups of mostly men drinking until 4 or 5 am and generally being very drunk and noisy in the street outside. The double glazing was unable to shut this out. My wife was manhandled by drunks in the reception, who then we're rolling about on the floor. Hotel is good but Saalbach is appalling.

Hotel and suite we were in were very good

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

The price for what I got is too high to my opinion. Can hear the people on the street even with closed windows, disturbed my rest.. The shower is old and can't really be used as a shower.

The staff, big room, central place, clean

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Double Room - Vintage

Inflexibility of staff over simple reservation requests i.e. I should have been traveling with my partner but he was unable to come. When I checked in I asked if it would be possible to change my room to a single from a double. This would have been possible but I would be charged the same price as the double as that was the room type booked with Booking.com Unfortunately I slipped over on ice on the night of my stay and was hospitalised for the night! I didn't even sit or lie on the bed or use the very out dated bathroom but still got charged the full room rate by the very unfriendly Vera, head receptionist. I'm outraged.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nothing, all was perfect

The personnel, the room ( we stayed in one bedroom suite 60m3), the location, breakfast - all was absolutely perfect and I would highly recommend this hotel to everybody that enjoy winter holiday buy all means.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Double Room - Vintage

The people who works in the reception were not enough energetic people and they didn't help us for check-out time although I talked about my friends illness.

The breakfast was very good. The location was good to gondola just 5 minutes walk. The ski-guide John was very great person. He came to ski with us all day and showed the best ski route and restaurants there.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

if you dare using booking.com to book this hotel, you may end up with paying extra 33%. Hotel record about no. of people (shown by hotel staff) is different from my final agreement sent from booking.com.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard Single Room

I had a room overlooking the street and it seemed a bit loud during the night. Although to be fair it was Saturday night, so plenty of inebriated young fellas were about the town till late.

Fantastic buffet breakfast with loads to choose from. Great location. 2 minutes walk from Schattberg express gondola and 5 minutes walk up the street to other lifts. Fairly big car park at the back of the building. And last bit not least very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard Single Room

Bed mattress Boots' room just didn't manage to dry boots, after 3 days of tests I had to bring them in the room and use hair-drier No chair in the single-room Non autonomous heat control To many keys to carry (card+boots+skis) Wi-Fi security to enter code every 5 hours was annoying

Great location near major lift, Ski schools, Restaurants & Stores Friendly and helpful staff Big room for early arrivals and late departure luggage rest (though not close to reception) Nice big TV with Usb-Video ability Pretty good and fast Wi-Fi

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Room - Vintage

Pictures of the rooms on booking.com are absolutely not realistic. We received 2 old rooms, with tiny bathroom. We paid a lot of money but not to receive these old rooms! We will never go back! See our own pictures

Friendly staff, next to the ski slopes, private parking

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Very kind and gracious host, unbelievable breakfast and the location was perfect for exploring Saalbach. The hotel was actually closed the night we booked (some system glitch) but the owner made us welcome regardless.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

From our 2-day's stay there was nothing to complain about.

Nice location in the center of Saalbach with a smiley, friendly staff. High quality SPA and a fantastic Thai massage. The breakfast was extraordinarily good.

Beds could be better

Breakfast was great. Spa was great

Staff attitude very poor, and in one instance very rude.

The noise in the evening from people who went out late

Clean warm and very friendly staff.

Everything, the facilities, the location, the food and bar area just to chill after relaxing in the spa area

Amazing location, lovely staff and really nice bar

Pricey. Early morning noise from Church bells

good breakfast. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Excellent location for skiing.

Very dated. Needs refurbishment.

only the location

Everything was great

• One-Bedroom Suite

Absolutely EVERYTHING! It is an amazing resort. The best I have ever stayed at. WIll definitely come back.

would be nice to have a kettle in the room for morning tea

an excellent hotel and our second trip. breakfast particularly good, we will be back !

no kettle, other utilities

overall, this is a great hotel. room, location, and hotel staff are all nice

Great service, everybody very polite and helpfull

• Double Room - Vintage

As a four-star hotel they could have done better.

• Double Room - Vintage

The matras on the bed was really bad! You could feel the spirals.

Breakfast is good and location is perfect

Small swiming pool

Room design

Really poor wlan in the room (room 205).

Location in the center could not be better. Excellent breakfast. Nice facilities.

Breakfast was 1*!!!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

No provision for making tea/coffee in the room

Scenic beauty from balcony. Nice breakfast spread. Efficient & cordial staff.

Great wellness, luxury cigar lounge, nice and kind staff

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Friendly welcoming staff

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Emma at the reception was extremely helpful and nice!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

There was nothing I did not like

The staff was great, great location, overall a four star experience.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Cleaning could have been better. Just make up of beds.

Location Pool area

The staff were excellent. Always polite and could not have been more friendly or helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Not 4 stars

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very nice place with nice people!

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The breakfast was not good at all

The staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

No english channel set on TV whereas so many tourists from other countries

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Fantastic hotel, staff and service! We had a great stay; Thank you.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Staff very friendly and breakfast superb

Ski room located in complicated place and only one elevator for so big hotel

Good breakfast and nice location and nice personel

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Breakfast is poor, staff a bit lost in the restaurant.

Place of the hotel is excellent.

There are also 52 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.