Reviews of Hotel Am Domplatz 4 stars

Stifterstraße 4, 4020 Linz, Austria

#2 of 48 hotels in Linz

• Business Double Room

Excellent location, breathtaking view from the hotel room, delicious breakfast, very nice and helpful staff: I prefered to have a quiet room on the upper floors, and they've taken my request very seriously:)

The location could not be better. Just across of the church entrance. We had a corner room with glass walls and the view to the gothic church facade was very unique. It gave me a mild sinking sensation of nausea, but I loved it. I have never slept so close to the lancet arch. Breakfast was very good and staff polite and friendly. Bed was soft and I slept well. :)

The room was very very cold. We complained at the reception but they did not want to help us at all. The lady at the reception told us that it takes very long to heat up the room, but the room stayed cold until the next morning. It was so cold that we could not even take a shower in the bathroom.

Parking is available in public garage with a lift directly into the hotel lobby. However, even after a special request befor our arrival, the hotel was not able to book a spot for us. When we arrived the parking was full and only option was to park in another garage. Fortunately if you ignore the Full sign and go to the garage anyways, you may be able to park nonetheless. Towels in the rooms were clean, however, a bit of fabric softener would make the difference

Excellent rooms, very clever design and clean. Helpful and very professional staff. Tasty breakfast

The lovely, quiet bar is closed on weekends! When I was informed of this, I was referred to Paul's, right next door, which was much too noisy. When checking out I discussed the matter of the closed bar, and only then they told me that the reception staff could have served drinks if I had asked.

A beautiful, stylish hotel with a perfect location, central but quiet. Very clean and comfortable room, excellent breakfast. Helpful, friendly staff.

the double bed is not very wide. The door to the shower is too large and it is very difficult to enter the shover cabin with the big door opening inwards. Same for the toilet door which is oversized and too big for the space provided.

Nice bed linen and modern look

• Business Double Room

Can't complain, we loved everything!

Gorgeous room with a spectacular view of the cathedral. This was definitely the highlight of our trip. Great amenities, super clean and reception was very helpful.

• Business Double Room

housekeeping (did not once clean bathroom surfaces during my stay but would only "throw" new soap at the sink, leaving me with three pieces of soap but no more shampoo or shower gel at the end) merchandising stands in the lobby which take away a lot of the good first impression you could have

modern design, spacious rooms, very central location

There were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room which was disappointing. Complimentary slippers would have been appreciated.

The location of the hotel was amazing and our room faced the cathedral. We could almost reach out and touch it. This was definitely one of the best hotel rooms we've ever stayed in, not only because of the fantastic view but also because of the design of the room. It was bright and crisp with floor to ceiling glass walls and excellent finishes. Also loved the internal design and decor of the hotel. The staff were also wonderful. The hotel was within walking distance to the old part of town. We arrived on Sunday so we're able to find free parking on the steeet close to the hotel but there's a public car park right next to the hotel as well. We didn't have the chance to try out the breakfast (Euro 19 pp) it have no doubt that we wouldn't have been disappointed. We will definitely stay here again when we're next in Linz.

Maybe a bit exposed on lower levels due to very big windows.

3rd stay there. Very convenient parking with direct access to the hotel (but extra payment). Very efficient and fast checkin/checkout. Wellness small but nice.

• Business Double Room

I did not like that the bathroom wall was window and if curtain was not closed you could see the street... And I did not like the very high bed either. It was high and narrow. And the blanket was not for summer time. For 1 night though it was OK.

Spent only 1 night there. Location is superb! Staff at the reception is very kind (personally and on the phone as well).

Room was noisy from local restaurants and traffic. Bathroom has a glass wall so if someone uses the bathroom at night the light wakes their partner up. Curtains are very thin so it was daylight in the room from about 5am. The air conditioning is an eco water system in the ceiling which is completely useless in summer. The room - essentially a glass box - was very hot as soon as the sun came up. Overall, I don't think the designer has ever stayed in a hotel. No tea or coffee facility in the room and no room service. The hotel barman was unable to produce an iced-coffee as he had no ice - unbelievable for any bar in the summer. I think it was more that he couldn't be bothered.

Nice large room with Cathedral view, in the old town, close to historic sites and restaurants. Helpful, friendly reception staff. Convenient on-site parking. Quality of fittings. Nearby cafes for breakfast.

• Business Double Room

There were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. That was a real downside for me.

It was all ok and the staff were very helpful. Ultra modern building!

See-through bathroom doesn't give much privacy. Could do with kettle in room. Breakfast a bit pricey (19 Euros)

Very modern eco-design. Right next to newer cathedral - can sit outside and have breakfast looking at the cathedral - and handily between station and old town.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The views are spectacular, the rooms very clean, spacious, stylish and everything works perfectly. Breakfast included a wide selection of fruits, vegetables, cured meats, fish, bread and pastries, very good quality coffee and an organic tea selection. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

nothing the whole area and the people are amazing

the rooms are fantastic and the floor to ceiling wondows amazing and the electric blind just so modern and the staff nothing too much trouble a well thought out very modern hotel, the location is brilliant plus the second hand market on a sat morning is very good ,and please if you do go, in the central square you can catch a specific tram that takes you up the hill to the white church with black towers that looks down over the town no matter where you stay its well worth it with a beautiful view over the danube and the town very pretty

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Business Double Room

We arrived by bicycle, being charged extra for bicycle parking was a bit much!

Great view (worth paying for cathedral view), comfy bed and good room facilities.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The price for breakfast is overpriced at 19.95 euro/person. You can purchase a dinner at a local restaurant for about the same price.

The location is excellent for a tourist.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The bells of the church donging every 15 mins one nite.managable though.

A beautiful room on the third floor overlooking the Dom.see through bathroom but not toilet.electronic blinds,electronic key,not far from the main platzand very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

It is a good located hotel, nice, clean, but nothing extraordinary. Therefor the cost they asked for is also extraordinary, especially though, breakfast and parking was not included and was also very expensive. Costs and services are not in harmony. I won't stay again in the hotel.

Good location.

Parking is in the same house with direct access, but it needs to be paid extra

Very quick check-in/check-out, nice and clean rooms, very centrally located

Prices are high especially as breakfast not included

Lovely modern decorated public areas and rooms. Love the big windows. Centrally located in Linz. In a quiet area of the city though so little disturbance. Wifi worked well. Always my hotel of choice in Linz

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Business Double Room

For a 4 Star Hotel I found it a bit disappointing that there was not a free bottle of water in the room. There should at least one the first day.

Very friendly staff and great location.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

,no privacy in bathroom (though toilet had separate door) due to glass door and window

lots of windows, so room was very light, breakfast buffet was good

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Business Double Room

Breakfast is quite expensive and the staff is helpful but not very friendly

Wonderful location the heart of the city. Walking distance from the main car free area.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Business Double Room

Room needed dusting. Stayed two nights. Morning of the second day we explained that the room attendant had not dusted up the hair from the previous tenant. Still there when we returned after a long day out around the town. Staff should have been able to notice the black hair and dust on the white counter top. No coffee pot or hot water heater for morning tea or coffee. Initially staff wanted my room number for billing for the breakfast when I only wanted hot water for my instant coffee that I had to being myself. Hotel is probably fine for people on business, but for special occasions it is lacking.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Business Double Room

double beds are two singles pushed together in some rooms - boyfriend fell through but then we were switched upon request.

Location next to dome, lovely quiet at night, perfect on the inside: nice style, comfy beds, rooms cute

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

People smoke in the Lobby Bar!!! It was not possible to stay inside...

Very helpful and pleasant reception staff. The breakfast was very good. The lobby bar staff very nice and reasonable price for wine. Room and bed more than comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Business Double Room

Only negative is that we couldn't stay longer!

Location was perfect. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean, we had a fantastic view of the Cathedral. Breakfast buffet had a great selection of food.

Fancy rooms - a really nice design! The breakfast was a bit costly, but the service excellent - especially the waitress "Christine" was assistive

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

No mini bar and tea/coffee facilities. The double bed was just two beds put together and had a big gap just in the middle

Good location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

I really didn't like the smoky smelling lobby. When we were at the bar off the lobby, they allowed smoking, so that may have been the problem. My eye was constantly stinging and bloodshot. I think the staff was restricted in giving us an upgraded room. When we asked, the answer was that there was no more availability...but we never saw anyone else at the hotel. The breakfast was extraordinarily expensive...18EUR? That should have been half, and then they may have been busy. As it was, I only saw 3 people at the breakfast one morning, and 5 the next, and the food (eggs) looked dried out. The room design was visually exceptional, but in usefulness, it was lacking in a few areas...for example, the door into the shower was quite wide, and swung into the shower. As a result, you would have to almost press up against the wall in the shower in order to open or close the door which was kind of uncomfortable...and I'm not a large person. If you're large like my husband, you really had to press against the wall. Also, the plug for the bathroom was on the counter...not the wall. So if you had a lot of water on the counter, would you be shocked? I don't know, but they wouldn't allow a kettle or iron up into the rooms for reasons of safety. That was a little weird. So to have hot water for tea, etc. you would have to go to the smoky hotel bar to request it. The shampoo is a combo shampoo/body soap/hand soap. Not my favorite. That all may seem picky, or may be important. However, for the price, I think it's important.

The staff was super helpful and friendly. Also, it was fun figuring out the lights and bathroom mirror. The shower and bed were great...usually my main requirements for a good review.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Attitude off staff like it was so much work to come off her mobile and deal with guests ,not just myself but business partners also

Great location very modern roon

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The view from the corber room was incredible. Cleanest hotel I've ever seen. Staff is so kind that I felt at home. On sunday hotel bar was closed other than that 10 out of 10. Ps: I assımed the windows were one way, and inside could not be seen. So I didnot close the blinds. Oh boy, I was so wrong:)

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Business Double Room

No privacy!!! I felt as in a shop window. You have to chose either day light and then only to stay and do nothing, or thick window curtain all day. Very unpleasant !!!

Only the location

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Small lobby area near the reception desk- anyway there is hotel bar on the ground floor but we didn't try it😉

Lovely breakfast, Hi - tech solutions (lights, heating, tv) in the room (!), the room was beautifully decorated, looked as good or even better than shown in the picture😊I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Linz - affordable price, very good conditions. Parking was public (for additional charge) located few steps away from the hotel so it wasn't very disturbing. Hotel staff was helpful and polite. I loved the room we stayed in ( located in the corner of the building, with windows on 2 walls - a lot of sunlight entering our room)

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Breakfast is too expensive (18€) so we didn't take it.

Spacious and stylish, I love the modern & sense of design with a tranquil location. The view of the church was amazing. Staff was quite friendly and helpful with good efficiency (maybe because other guests look like business travelers).

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

poor service and room shower did not drain and they had no one to fix at 5 pm after reporting ...just told us sorry w are sold out ..you have to live with it.. front desk was less then helpfull... did not offer any help.. would not stay again.. many other options with beter customer service

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Business Double Room

Central cooling system keep the room temperature 22℃ all the time and it was really cold in the night. They said they cant turn it off but they can let me turn the heater on instead. But i dont like their system because it's too dry to sleep.

Good location with garage, beautiful view

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The room only fits 2 people, it is has a minimalist decor. We didn't eat breakfast because their offerings was limited and for 18 euros/person, I was hoping for more. It wind up to be good that we didn't have breakfast because we found a good bakery nearby that served granola with yogurt, sandwiches and great coffee and the total costs was less than 18 euros for 3 people.

The location was close to restaurants and bakeries.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Little bit too expensive.

Great location and very nice and interesting hotel. Really different than most of the hotels (in a good way). Staff was very friendly, rooms very cozy and clean.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Business Double Room

The room is not equipped with a frigor bar which is a big lack of comfort in the hot summer time of Linz on July

The view to the cathedral from the large windows of the room is fantastic! The room is large and well illuminated by the enormous windows . The direct access from the public parking garage to the hotel is very convenient

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

First time with the special light system. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of it.

The room was so nice. Really modern but still with the warm feeling. In the square of a gothic cathedral, so half the hotel has a view on the cathedral. Personnel helpfull and kept our luggage over our stay until our train. Quiet to sleep, but you're still near the center. We booked early so the price was really reasonnable.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

issue with booking - ended up with two bookings instead of one and the hotel was not particularly interested to even listen to the issue. I was cut off when I tried to inquire and it was simply not their issue "should have booked directly with the hotel" . So in essence I ended up paying two rooms for one night. not impressed.

Quirky, modern. Comfortable. Great location. Staff excellent. Paul’s restaurant/ bar on same site as excellent.

Bar not open on the weekend but the one next door is excellent.

Great location and great looking hotel.

The staff on reception could of been friendlier.

The breakfast was very good,also the breakfast staff. The bed was very comfortable.

Bed linen fabric

Location, breakfast

Can‘t say

Closenes to centre

We had a bad smell in the room from the toilet and we were charged twice for the room. Even today one charge is still blocked.

Central location

Breakfast is poor, no cattle to make a tea

Style, location, comfort

Brut for breakfast was very handy )) Thank you!

• Business Double Room

Staff interaction could have been more friendly.

Breakfast is excellent. Rooms beautifully designed.

Price of the breakfast is steep.

Nice, comfortable and stylish room.

Breakfast selection was poor due to weekdays?

Excellent location, spacious and clean room

The amazing scenery! The staff are great, good location, very good bed!

• Business Double Room

The view was spectacular and bed very comfortable

No hotel bar on weekends

Lovely modern minimalist rooms at the heart of Linz. Love the interiors. Always quiet. WiFi worked very well.

• Business Double Room

A bit expensive but still amazing!

Wow! Super ultra modern and has beautiful views of the church! The staff were very helpful and friendly!

Location!!

The room and hotel were lovely but our stay was spoiled by an unfriendly, bordering on hostile, welcome from the receptionist.

• Business Double Room

Breakfast looks a bit pricy.

Design

The hotel bar was not so cosy.

Very nice centrally located hotel, comfortable bed and well equiped room. Breakfast is extended but rather pricy.

Transparent showers...

Good location, clean and comfortable. very easy parking.

nichts

bestes hotel in linz

It is a very modern, clean and stylish hotel. The staff was very welcoming.

Rooms and hotel very modern. Close to city centre. Comfortable rooms and beds with TV. Free use of spa.

• Suite

The situation is right in the middle of the old town. Very easy to walk to everything

The windows. the room was so bright and beautiful. Really great.

Not coffe in room. Not room service .

no minibar

minimalist room design is relaxing...

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Business Double Room

There are quite a lot to be improved. Firstly, it is inconvenient to have no kettle in the room. Secondly, the breakfast is poor.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Had a room facing the east and with the sun rise there was no more darkness in the room.

A coffee machine in the room is a must in a 4* hotel. Here there is none.

Wonderful location, cozy room

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The breakfast wasn't included in the roomprice.

Beautiful art hotel, comfortable beds and pretty bathroom.

Browse Hotel Am Domplatz traveller photo gallery