Reviews of Amerika-Holzer Hotel & Resort 4 stars

Am See XI, 9122 Sankt Kanzian, Austria

#2 of 11 hotels in Sankt Kanzian

• Panorama Double Room

Clean and pretty nice place. Good views, polite personnel. However, if you have any cardio problems - try to avoid this place. Rooms has no airconditioning and ventilation doesn't work. It is VERY stuffy in room at night. If you decide to open balcony door, you welcome insects :))) I have to point out, that I asked receptionist to help me, and she visited my room, checked the things and told me that she will switch on air-con at my room and in 30 minutes everything will be nice :)))) I left for a dinner and when I came back, situation was as bad as before. Reception does not work at night, so if you have a problem in room, you have to wait till the morning. It is generally nice place, but discomfort in rooms make all other efforts useless. Commentary to the management: I do not need any apologies, make your facilities better for benefit of your guests and your own.

Restaurant and bar personnel is very friendly

Only drawback was the navigation through the hotel with an infant stroller. For example, our room required us to carry the stroller across three steps (no show stopper as I would come back to the hotel regardless). Also there's a lift dedicated for staff and machines, which we were able to use to bypass the stairs. Further, the restaurant also had a few steps, depending on where you sit.

The view was amazing, the food was superb, and the staff were very friendly. Frank was our waiter for all four nights, he was caring, helpful, looked after us and was also charming to chat with. I cannot thank him enough to make our stay so lovely. Brandon Hold was very helpful with room upgrades which we requested for a surcharge. Further, the hotel guests were very friendly consisting of a mostly older client base, with a few children. The hotel is family friendly, however it is not the easiest property to navigate with a stroller. Overall we had a fantastic stay in a wonderful hotel with a beautiful lake and beach. Thank you

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

In high season, the hotel is quite expensive, but the lake is very popular. Also, would recommend booking one of their more modern rooms for a bit more. The older rooms are fine, but not upgraded with a small bathroom and awkward shower. Would be worth it to upgrade the room.

The hotel is in a beautiful location. The staff were very warm and welcoming, including for the small dog we brought (only 10 euros for the dog). Dinner was very nice and breakfast was extensive. Private beach and pier access with lots of activities, paddle boats, swimming, etc.

Hotel room was a bit "tired" - however the location was fantastic, breakfast great, superb beds etc. Internet was not 100% working.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Panorama Double Room

Staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Wi-Fi is quite poor.

Beautiful view, excellent food!! Very diverse menu and good quality products. Culinary delight!

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Food only ok. Only new rooms are 4 star quality, our was at best 2 stars. Poor service during meal time.

Nice beach.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

The hotel and the rooms are really nice and comfortable, the staff is very friendly and attentive. The hotel is located in a wonderful natural environment.The hotel's sauna on the lake is gorgeous!

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.