Reviews of Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Zentrum Schottenfeld 4 stars

Schottenfeldgasse 74, 07. Neubau, 1070 Vienna, Austria

#182 of 316 hotels in Vienna

Air conditioning broke down
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning was broken in all the hotel so our stay was greatly affected by that fact, upon arrival the receptionist informed us of the problem, and once we got to our room it was hell. The heat was unbearable and even with the windows wide open we couldn't sleep due to the heat and also because of the noise coming from the street. Our two night stay turned into a sleepless trip to Vienna, there weren't any fans available on the first night and on the second it barely made a difference.

The staff was comprehensive about the situation wit the air conditioning and tried their best to help us and the manager even offered us a discount on our stay.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Overnight Stay in Vienna
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Our room was extremely warm even though the AC was on. The hotel claimed transport to airport. To get there my son needed to catch the underground for one stop, which was a 10 min walk away then a 40 min airport bus ride. Not quite what we had expected!

Very helpful receltion staff and excellent breakfast!

There were proper, proper bed and pillows which are extra...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There were proper, proper bed and pillows which are extra comfortable. I really loved that. And the buffet was awesome as well. The room was larger than my expectation, and i had a lovely time there.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great location, friendly stuff. Needs better maintenance.

In a 5 floor hotel, where a part of the facilities is only reachable by only one elevator, it is not a good thing to have that one failing. Considered on its own one would say bad luck, but when you realize, that is not an one time, but apparently a known and recurring, problem, you get a bit annoyed.

Friendly stuff, but a bit overwhelmed, because apperently they havn't got any permanent maintenance staff. The front desk woman had to check on the malfunctioning elevator by herself and, not surprisingly, couldn't get it to work.

The hotel is in a good location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in a good location. The centre is a short tram ride from the hotel. The staff were very helpful. The coffee machine in the room was very good.

Lovely modern hotel with small gym and superb breakfast in the heart of the city
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Cleaners come to clean the room even if it is the day you are checking out. This always happens and often several times. Minor nuisance that could be easily gotten rid of.

My favourite hotel in Vienna. I have spent around 30 nights here in the last two years alone. Great location, great small gym, uniquely rich breakfast with healthy choices. Kind staff, try to grant my wishes whenever they can. I really feel like home at this hotel.

High standard hotel with very big rooms and friendly staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

You have to take a bus and a train to get to the center. Location is ok but far from the main places

Great food, clean. Very large room. Everything is new, big bathroom, very friendly staff. Breakfast is excellent

Not bad
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathroom sink and toilet were spreading water outside. It was noisy. At the restaurant I looked invisible even though I was the only one sitting on a table.

Big room, excellent location.

Good hotel which is located in a convenient quiet area in 10...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Formally, the hotel does not take money when booking, but, unfortunately, they are blocking the cost of living for one night. It is so in the most hotels in Vienna! In my case the amount was blocked several times. Fortunately, this did not affect the final calculation. My room was small, the table was clearly small for a work, but it is not really a drawback. Restrained eco-design of the rooms, but for me personally some carpet should be on the floor - the floor is wooden and creates the feeling of the old.

Good hotel which is located in a convenient quiet area in 10 minutes from the metro. Good services. Sauna and a small fitness room are just wonderful! I advise you to visit it every evening! Breakfast corresponds to hotel’s ranking. Polite staff.

Family friendly hotel

No dislikes. Everything was to our taste.

Staff was very professional, room was clean, spacious and properly equipped for our 6 months old son. Wellness center and gym were small but well equiped. WiFi was good.

Food
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I had one evening meal. It was not good. I had to ask for the accompanying rocket & Parmesan salad. When it arrived the rocket looked tired and there was no Parmesan! I didn’t eat there again.

Breakfast exceptional. Huge choice.

The room was nice and quiet, the hotel is situated in a calm...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room service waking us up at 8.30 in the morning! Unfortunataly, we only found a 'do not disturb' sign the last day of our stay, so had to contact with room service and mini-bar lady every day: they knock and open the door almost at once and I do not like to speak to strangers when I am half-naked! Therefore, not really atisfied with the personnel: either have to ask 3 timee to have the garage opened, either knocking on the door all the morning.

The room was nice and quiet, the hotel is situated in a calm area in 20 minutes' walk to the Museum Quartier. You can always take a tram if you are tired of walking. I had my birthday during the stay, and ir was really pleasant to find a cake and a card in the room.

A basic hotel in Neubau
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facility and rooms are depressing. The hallways are painted in a dark maroon, for example. The room lacked nightstands by the bed. The towels were small and scratchy.

We picked the hotel based on its proximity to our friends' apartment: it was very convenient for us and not a bad location for the general traveler. The breakfast is great.

Excellent breakfast and good location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

A shower in a bathtube is a recipe for a swimmingpool in the bathroom. For this price i expect a proper shower. Hotel asks for towel re use from a green point of view. Great, but be sure that both buttons to flush the toilet work. In our room only the ‘big flusher’ worked 🧐

Excellent breakfast and good location

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I did not get any welcome package for a dog, plus on booking.com is not mentioned that you have to pay 15e/day for a dog. Very dark room (except bathroom).

Great location, walking distance from the city center, very...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bathtub wasn't cleaned before my stay, the sink in the bathroom was damaged. Quite expensive breakfast, had a gorgeous breakfast in a respectable cafeteria in town and I still paid less.

Great location, walking distance from the city center, very nice district, comfortable bed linings, overall good service

My favourite hotel in Vienna, I always stay here when there is room
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I am a member of the Falkensteiner frequent guest program, but I sometimes book through booking.com, if it is cheaper. The problem is that in this case the program doesn't recognise me, even though I am a very frequent guest. Also the hotel doesn't get the comment part of my booking necessarily, so this time, for the first time, I had to stay in the back part of the hotel, rather than then one looking to the street, which I much-much prefer. But only for the first night, they moved me at my request after that.

My absolute favourite hotel in Vienna with a tiny, but great gym, superb breakfast with lots of healthy options, kind staff (though this time some of them just a little less on the smily side), clean and comfortable rooms, large flat-screen TV, good wifi, great location. For the booking mixup (see below), I was compensated by a bathrobe and slippers and extra toiletries, which was much appreciated.

Sparkly clean.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location. Quite a walk to Mariahilfe and St Stephen's Cathedral. Sauna is not operating whole day.

Sparkly clean. Good wifi connection. Has it's own gym.

Everything was so close!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location of hotel is really nice, everything was so close. Also around the hotel We Had Many shops and restorants. Room was really clean and comfortable.

Good hotel for sightseeing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking is a nightmare in the underground garage. Renovation would be needed, a bit old style, e.g. chairs in the restaurant, damaged painting of the corridors, but our room was ok. Compared to the normal period the price extremely increased due to the forthcoming Christmas.

Very good, varied, delicious breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. Perfect location. Comfortable bed.

It was relatively close (10 minutes walk) to main streets...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was relatively close (10 minutes walk) to main streets and tourist places, including to an M3 stop. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was spacious enough and the bed was very comfortable.

The hotel is situated in a short walk from the city centre...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is situated in a short walk from the city centre and also Mafiahilfer st. Breakfast is very tasty, staff is friendly, and wifi worked very well. I really like to fitness room and sauna possibility. We have a very nice stay and i would really recoomend this hotel.

wouldn't recommend this to the friends
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

1. air-con too noisy; 2. soap dispenser broken from the first day, have informed the staff 3 times, they didn't take any action, only wrote down my room number, and the third time told me it was Sunday, so they couldn't fix that; 3. shower head leakage; 4. the cover of coffee machine container broken; I guess they are used to welcome the charter group which stay only one or 2 night, and don't really care the quality of facility

breakfast, and early check-in

very good breakfest, very nice team at the reception,...

everything was fine. if i am to be back one day in Vienna, i will first check this hotel for availability!

very good breakfest, very nice team at the reception, helpful, patient and service with smile; besides that nice gym with two saunas.

good breakfast, fast wi-fi, comfort room, big bathroom

parking (you need to chack in first befotre you enter the garage) room was rather away from the lobby and breakfast lounge

good breakfast, fast wi-fi, comfort room, big bathroom

They did not make up the room and the staff did not know how to use their own computer.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

1. We stayed for four nights and despite requests to have our room made up, the hotel would only change our towels - they NEVER cleaned the room nor made up the bed. 2. When I tried using their business center, the computer, which was in German, the staff did not know how to do simple operations like saving a file or even just changing the language settings so I could do it myself. For the price of this hotel I am sorely disappointed with their service. I do NOT recommend staying in this hotel.

Free coffee capsules

Staff was extraordinary friendly, also with preparing an...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had a Deluxe Room which was unexpectedly small, ground floor with view to a not very nice garden and a little bit dark. From Falkensteiner, I know better rooms. Not very cosy and comfortable

Staff was extraordinary friendly, also with preparing an extra bed for our son.

Great Value, Great Location!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning worked, but was very weak.

Very comfortable place to stay. Gym in the basement which is small yet sufficient with a treadmill, bike, weights, and mats. GREAT location! Cute area and downtown is a 10-15 minute walk. Parking is free on weekends on the street, so we didn't have to worry about a parking space. Breakfast is included in the stay and is HUGE, delicious, and fresh! So many choices. Comfortable hotel and decent sized rooms.

- breakfast was excellent: variety of bread, fruit,...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- No closed wardrobe. - Had to ask the reception for the desklamp (I thought it was broken because I couldn't switch it on, but you had to switch on the bedside lamp first - no ceiling light = dark room

- breakfast was excellent: variety of bread, fruit, sandwichfilling, .... - room was very quiet!! - nice and friendly staff

Breakfast was excellent
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

On our 1st check in the reception staff did not read the booking information correctly. On arrival we were advised we had only booked 1 room but in fact we had booked 2 rooms. The staff announced the cost of breakfast when in fact we had a booking including breakfast. We had booked to stay again a couple of nights later as were travelling to Slovakia and returned to Vienna for our flight home again the reception staff advised us of the cost of breakfast even though we had a booking which included breakfast!

Breakfast was excellent

Hotel very friendly staff , excellent breakfast.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Restaurant not open at weekends , some restaurants near by but not a massive choice. after a full day of sight seeing would have been nice to be able to eat at the hotel. Would stop me staying again at a weekend.

Hotel very friendly staff , excellent breakfast. rooms nice and clean

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Enjoyed the stay - will come back ...

no complaints

Friendly staff, clean and nice rooms, not so noisy like other hotels, supermarket around the corner, underground in walking distance, great breakfast buffet, espresso machine, ...

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Good location but not a 4 star hotel.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Standard room is to small for a 4 star hotel. Really too small.

Location. Near Museum Qvartier and Maria Hilfe Strasse. The hotel has a great parking at an affordable price for Viena. The stuff is helpful and kindness.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Perfect location and hotel.

If I have to be picky I would have liked A double duvet instead of two small ones however it did mean I could wrap myself up in it. But that really didn't matter much to me at all. Did not ruin the holiday! And the bed was MASSIVE so was great!!

The location of the hotel is in a superb area. We went for a Christmas trip and it was close to the local markets and only a twenty minute walk to the big markets! If walking seems far it is actually a bonus because you get to view everything as you walk! Only a €30 euro uber ride to and from the airport. The hotel room was warm and cosy and had all the facilities!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The hotel is centrally located and you could reach the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

High parking fees, high room rate for the standard room facilities! They had not even the one-use slippers in the bath and offered to buy flippers. Extra services were expensive. The room facilities were standard. The internet connection did not work properly and we had to go very close to the door for having a good connection!

The hotel is centrally located and you could reach the sightseeings of Vienna easily by walking. The staff was very friendly and always ready to help us

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Very nice hotel, my favourite in Vienna (not that I know...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Upon checking-out the receptionist (a new hire I think) charged me for two breakfasts (18 euro a piece) without asking if I had any. The end sum sounded too much, so I asked for a list of what he was charging me for. When I pointed out that I had only one breakfast and none the day of checking out, he said, oh, okay and without apologising at all removed the item. I paid. I was waiting for my cab when he ran after me and said he shouldn't have charged me for the room, either, since the website where I booked already did. Well, I should have checked that, too and they reimbursed me for the charge, but to a card in another currency, since they cannot recharge it on Maestro. So I certainly lost a few euros on that. All of this is atypical of Falkensteiner as I know it, but it wasn't a nice feeling.

Very nice hotel, my favourite in Vienna (not that I know them all), modern, comfortable, great small gym, uniquely delicious breakfast, great location, warm staff.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

good hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

far from metro station around 25min walk. hallways smells cigarette couldnt open the windows. staff opened the door right after knoking to ask us about the service quality which was kinda weird.

helpful staff. cleanliness. good wifi. quiet room.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Decent
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little bit smaller for two people than what many other 4* and up hotels offer. The deluxe double room serves its basic purpose, but isn't anything amazing.

Decent hotel, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Reasonable hotel which is a 25 minute walk from the centre...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Check in and check out staff were robotic, offering no personal service. Breakfast, at the offered €18 per person, seemed expensive compared to other options in the area.

Reasonable hotel which is a 25 minute walk from the centre of Vienna. Quiet rooms, of a good size, reasonably fitted out. Good wifi.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Excellent hotel in Vienna

would be nice to have more firm pillows

very clean, big room and bathroom. very comfy beds. excellent breakfast very friendly and accommodating staff scary underground parking :)

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

bit less than what I expected...

no bathtub in the junior suite, suite on the first floor!, huge amount of curtains to cover bare walls- why not a painting or two? the overall state is outdated, walls need to be refreshed, no balcony or ceiling windows as presented on booking.com

big room, big bathroom, nice area

I wish the property had been closer to the bus or tram station
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very clean and the room was quite pleasant

IT WAS VERY NICE AND STAFF EXCELLENT AND HEKLP

THE PRICE OF THE BREAKFAST

THE ROOM WAS COMFY AND SPACIOUS

Nice
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit small

The be was very comfortable

Excellent breakfast.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast. Safe Area. Helpful Staff. Walk to museum Quarter in 15 mins

room was clean
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

staff very unprofessional, very poor service

room was clean

Great comfortable hotel in good location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We had a little trouble operating the coffee machine!

Special thanks for the cake left for me on my birthday! 10.03.18 Very nice thoughtful touch.

Excellent location and very good service :)

Excellent location and very good service :)

Great hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very nice breakfast, friendly staff

Good to stay there

Parking expensive

Service was good

Service was good

Excellent, I am coming again next year.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nicht genügende Steckdosen in der Suite.

Good.

Staff,room,breakfast,

It was ok, but too expensive and the staff was not helpfull and friendly.. there was just ok

Location, Staff

The room was ok

Location was nice.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location was nice. Very silent, quiet hotel. Comfortable bed and pillows.

Clean, quiet and warm room, very friendly staff, perfekt...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Clean, quiet and warm room, very friendly staff, perfekt location, near to the center and all. Very good value for the money.

Breakfast was excellent as well as all others things.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was excellent as well as all others things. Very good choice.

Breakfast - Location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

They forgot to clean our room (we left the room early in the morning!!!). It's not acceptable for 4 stars hotel

Breakfast - Location

Best Quality/Price in city center
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

15mins to city center coffee machine direct in room polite receptionist quiet hotel

Great for short stay, especially for business trips.

Nothing big to complain about. Perhaps adding bathrobes and slippers to the room amenities.

Great location, big room and very relaxed atmosphere.

Very good hotel; Clean, comfortable, good staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

A downside is the lack of food service on the weekend

Nice hotel, not far from center by public transport. The area is not interesting
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The nice closet-space, the bathroom, the silence

Ruhig und sehr schönes Hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, friendly staff and marvelous service

it is just not Falkensteiner standard

it is just not Falkensteiner standard

nothing really

Friendly staff. Clean rooms.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location to most attractions.

The room was clean, but the air conditioner did not work well. Beds were comfortable.

Very enjoyable and also relaxing

Restaurant closed on Sat/Sunday evening

Very good value for money, first class service from staff

How quiet the rooms where
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

People smoking in hotel entrance as we had to walk through the smoke to get out

How quiet the rooms where

excellent location, friendly staff and Cleanliness of the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

excellent location, friendly staff and Cleanliness of the hotel

Recomended
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Real quality of a 4star hotel. Affordable price. Well located. Great mattress.

Great stuff

Well located for local hipster shops, cafes and bars, Great breakfast, huge room, super-friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Location, style, breakfast

Pillows Pillows

Location, style, breakfast

Good location for reasonable price

Good location for reasonable price

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Excellent staff and a great location!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Excellent staff and a great location.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Great breakfast buffet :-)

Great breakfast buffet :-)

the room was very comfortable and spacious

the first room the heating didn't work. but we were moved to a new room

the room was very comfortable and spacious