Reviews of Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien 4 stars

Kärntner Straße 32-34, 01. Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria

#130 of 316 hotels in Vienna

9.7

• Deluxe Room

The breakfast was overpriced and not tasty at all, poor choice of food. No ventillation or air-conditioning in the rooms. Ironing boards couldn't be provided, available only in the ironing rooms (in a 4-star hotel!) No slippers in the room.

• Family Room

nothing could have been better :)))

the most enjoyable trip in a long time; mostly due to the comfort of the rooms, the hospitality of the staff, the excellent location of the Hotel, and many other reasons.... too numerous to cite here!

• Classic Room

The room was extremely small, overlooking some inner yard where all air conditioning machines were located. It was extremely noisy even with closed windows. The room had no air conditioning, just some kind of ventilator. But with no fresh air it didn't help a lot. The hotel got quite noisy from about 5:30 in the morning and I could hear from my room plates banging and other preparations for breakfast.

The hotel has top location. Bed is comfortable, pillows not so much. Bathroom was spacious and very clean.

• Classic Room

It's my first time in relatively expensive 4 stars hotel in Vienna, room cost 160 EUR. I'd say - rather disappointing. The building is nice, and room was spacious, for 2 persons, but with only 1 chair at the desk and 1 armchair by the balcony, we couldnt sit and have tea together, ok, not a problem, just inconvenience. Hot room, hot weather, no air-conditioner, just fan. In my special request sent much before arrival: - We asked for a quiet room for me and my 74 y.o. mother, we got the room facing narrow inner court with permanent uniform noise of industrial fans and engines, was it the only quiet place in the hotel? Maybe... We slept with opened windows, and it was not quiet. But probably better than a busy road, though there are no busy roads around hotel. - We asked for 2 separated beds, we got one big bed. Not a big problem for mother and daughter, ok. - We asked for a kettle, we got it, thanks a lot, but no cups at all. - We asked for shower cabin and got it - thanks a lot. Funny, there was only 1 small vial of shower gel and 1 with body lotion)) In all 3*** and less stars hotels my friend and I had 1 bottle for each person)) I dont complain, I'm just surprised by this saving approach in such hotel. It was definitely not enough for 2 people, but we always travel with our own things, so not a big problem again. My general impression - we paid for the LOCATION only. Central location was crutial because of my mother. Location is brilliant!

Location!!!! In the central pedestrian zone. Shower cabin was big and shower was strong. Electric plugs at the places where you need them. I always appreciate it.

• Classic Room

How can an hotel be rated 4 stars with no air conditioning in the rooms? Not possible to open the windows due to outside noise. We stayed there beginning of June with 27 degree during the day so not sure how you can cope in July and August...

Very good location especially if you plan to attend a play at the opera, excellent breakfast, very friendly staff and very clean rooms. The building is old and give a nice atmosphere of the historical Vienna.

• Classic Room

Room was somewhat small and we didn't have enough space for two suitcases (S size!). Contrary to bathroom room was not renovated for long time and we needed some expectation adjustment. The last remark goes to acustic isolation of the room which is very poor and if you get noisy neighbours you will hear each word clearly.

Excellent location in the pedestrian zone within 5 minutes walk distance to almost all important venues in town. Staff is always available and kind. Recently renovated and pacious bathroom with tube and dryer. Mattress was great for sleep! Breakfast is not included in room price but price for it is fair and food is excellent!

The a/c is not very efficient, it's actually more like a fan, it just recirculates the air. It was a bit hot. Both rooms booked had windows on the inside courtyard and there was a lot of noise from the ventilating tubes and smell of food.

I have booked 2 rooms, one for 2 people and one for one. The single one was a bit small, 3 times smaller then the double one, but had everything needed. Very clean and cosy. The breakfast was delicious and a lot of things to chose from.

• Classic Room

The room was very very hot as there is no AC. There was also noise early in the morning, although my room was not street-oriented.

The hotel is very nice and classy. Perfect location - five minutes from the Stephansplatz. Great breakfast and very comfortable bed. Everything was perfectly clean.

• Executive Room

Just be aware there’s no air con just a room fan but installed units would spoil the building aesthetics. Bed sheets didn’t match quality of building

Great location to attractions, transport, shopping and eating out areas. Lovely old building with charm & character.

• Classic Room

There was no air conditioning, we were given a elongated fan. Room was dreary, beds of marginal comfort. We grabbed a breakfast sandwich at MCD;s as restaurant was expensive and depressing in appearance.

• Classic Room

The room was so hot we had two fans. One they had already put in the room and one we asked for.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely clean room

• Classic Room

The hotel has very convenient location nearly for everything: shopping, major sights: king's palace, main museums, opera, restaurants, the Ring, main cathedral, as well as metro and tram stop, touristic bus stop - all in walking distance. The hotel is located on quiet side street, I slept with open window. The beds are very comfortable. There are nice and clean bathroom, minibar, safe in the room. I asked for electric kettle on reception so I have one in my room. The breakfast has wide selection of hot meal, cold cut meat, cheeses, fruits, cereals. Although it's the same, everyday I had different combination for breakfast. Surprisedly good coffee. Special thanks to the reception team: Brigitte, Miguel, Demir and all for help! Once I asked if it's possible to have a bit bigger room I was relocated as soon the bigger room of the same price became available. That was so nice and touching! Thank you!

• Executive Room

The foreign young lady at reception was so busy trying to suggest I have the hotel clean my laundry (e10 for a pair of jeans), that I couldn’t extract the address of the nearest wash-o-mat from her, even tho it was 2 blocks away. I had to go to the tourist office to get it. However, the Austrian young lady at reception was a delight to deal with.

The location. This is a charming old hotel that has been fully renovated.

• Classic Room

This is a 3 star UK equivalent hotel if that.bThe wooden floors are filthy in the bedrooms and restaurant. They desperately need washing as the soles of my feet were black from walking around the bedroom. There are very little facilities in the hotel, no facilities in the room for tea/coffee, no rooms to relax in or restaurant. There are roadworks directly outside the Hotel starting at 7am every morning.

Excellent location for shops and restaurants. Good bed and pillows. Reception staff are friendly but breakfast staff need to learn hospitality skills.

• Executive Room

there was no executive lounge, which was a shame because it was stated in the in room guide. also the fact there was no AC in the room was a bit of a bummer.

The location is excellent, very central..

• Classic Room

It was quite hot when we were there and with no air conditioning we left our windows open at night. Unfortunately there were a lot of extremely noisy and rude people on the street below until the wee hours of the morning. It sounded like possibly homeless people, not the hotels fault but still difficult to sleep.

Great staff, front desk was so accommodating and helpful. Gave us great information about transit options, etc

• Classic Room

Our room was a little dated but everything was clean and comfortable and the location of the hotel was our main reason for booking.

The hotel is in a fantastic location in the centre of Vienna, close to the opera, cathedral, spanish riding school and numerous museums and restaurants. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Breakfast had a good selection and although the bar was small it was never busy so didn't cause a problem.

• Executive Room

I had requested a double bed and we were given singles. The lift I have to say could be very slow. The fact that the bedroom doors do not lock behind one I think is a risk. I first night/day we were unaware that our door was not locked. Vienna I think is a safe city but you can not be too careful. I would be concerned if my daughter were to say there and not know about the door lock.

We did not use the felicities of the hotel. The central location.

• Family Room

The offer for room service was poor. Although around, there are plenty of restaurants, it would have been nice to have some real food at the room for the kids after a loooong walking day.

We liked the fact that rooms were amazingly big for family with small kids. Absolutely friendly and very helpful staff. PREMIUM location, just walking distance from many tourist attractions, museums and the Big Red Bus stop just a corner away!

• Executive Room

No Airconditioning. We were not made aware of this at time if booking. The entry to front door of hotel was blocked by street repairs due to which all luggage had to be carried manually to the hotel. Again not shared beforehand.

Location and Staff

• Executive Room

- the water in the shower kept switching from very hot to very cold by it self. - there was no air conditioner, only a fan and it was extremely warm during the day so it was a nightmare and impossible to keep sleeping after 08:00 AM plus the air was very dry so i guess that maybe the heater was on. - we got 4 free drinks coupon when we checked in to use at the hotel bar and when we went to the hotel bar the women in charge didn't know about that and seemed to be very angry about the fact that we are suppose to get something for free over there. - the price was very expensive comparing to what we've got

the good: - the location was very good. - the stuff in the reception wore nice - the view from the window was amazing - the breakfast was good

• Classic Single Room

No airconditioning at all. Keep the window closed, and you'll suffocate. Open the window, and you wont sleep because of the noise -either from the crowded street, or from noise of the airconditioning of the shops in the courtyard. I you are lucky, the trashbins in the courtyard will be fille with glass at 6 am! View in the courtyard is depressing. Beds are too short. I am not very tall (1,90 m) but my feet were dangling over the edge of the bed. No kettle for coffee - which is a minimum I expect from a 4 star hotel. Breakfast is very expensive - go out to the street, and you'll find it better and cheaper. Room is very small

Location is great. Staff is kind - after you tip them

• Classic Room

The hotel feels a bit dated inside, from the doors with heavy keys to wardrobes. The balcony door didn't seem to lock properly (didn't bother us much on a high floor). The room was a bit narrow, to the point where it was a bit difficult to get around the bed - the bathroom felt, in fact, much more spacious. Note: no A/C, but no problem in April.

The location right in Karntnerstrasse simply cannot be beaten. The front desk staff were very helpful in every respect, from arranging tickets to a sold-out opera performance (pricey, but we tried every other option and did not succeed) to helping with printing boarding passes when the lobby printer broke down. We didn't try the hotel's breakfast - there were numerous options outside at a lower price and of excellent quality.

• Classic Room

The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet and spotlessly clean. And everything worked! The hotel location was very convenient for major attractions and local transport connections.

• Classic Room

Very friendly staff. Real professionals. The ideal room is clean, quiet, a lot of space and comfort. Next year I will definitely return !!!!! Thanks for all!!!!

• Classic Room

I asked to have a cab called for my early flight and I was given a private car that cost almost 50 euro. I wish I had ubered instead!

This place is stunning and in the heart of everything. My room and balcony were beautiful and I had quick access to bars and restaurants. I would love to stay again!

• Classic Room

location is in the heart of Vienna and it was close to many main attraction by walking. breakfast was very good we had a lot of options to pick from and a lot of delicious food. room was very clean and big that was comfortable to sit in. staff was very lovely and sweet they cared that everything was ok.

• Classic Room

Good big room. Staff were very helpful when my husband's boots needed some glue. Bar reasonably priced and friendly bar tender. Excellent central location convenient for everything.

• Classic Room

More hot breakfast options. A tv channel guide (had to look for ages to find any English language channels).

Breakfast choice/quality. Quiet despite being in an ideal central location. Nice staff. Location is unbeatable.

• Classic Room

The staff in the reception were fantastic. The helped us with all of our questions and bookings. Thanks a alot! The breakfast was very tasty and had many options to choose from. The location couldn't have been better.

• Superior Executive Room

Some of the rooms split toilet and bath/sink. I'll ask for them together next time. Also check that breakfast room service is correct. It's just a glass of juice but I like my juice...

For anyone who has stayed, Astoria, is the best located, most beautiful, comfortable and friendly hotel at a reasonable price.

• Classic Room

Room was a bit narrow. Booking management was poor. Special rate for event was higher than online.

Staff was very polite and helpful. Location is great.

• Classic Room

I wasn ´t informed, that the parking place is not nearby the hotel, but is available in the public garage near the Opera House. This lack of information caused me stress situations

• Classic Room

Think it's time to shift for electronic keys instead of old ones, but consider this as a fashion issue :-)

A lovely hotel in a perfect location. This time it was paid by my company so I would not comment on price/quality ratio. The quality was good, breakfast more than Ok, location is excellent, WiFi is perfect, staff friendly.

• Deluxe Room

Noise from street at any time. They did not clean the bathroom . The windows did not work. It was not possible to close them.

The location is great. The hotel is an old fascinated building

• Classic Room

Wifi wasn't working in the room. Since it was a business trip, I had to move to the lobby, the bar and corridor to be able to work on my laptop.

The staff was very kind and helpful. Excellent location and the breakfast was also good with plenty of choice.

• Classic Room

The shower bath arrangement is a bit odd. The shower head is positioned in the middle of the bath, but the glass doors only cover on end.

The beds were comfortable. Room was spacious. The elevator is quaint. Our bags were delivered to our room. The check-in process was quick.

• Classic Room

Too noisy. I was able to hear the conversations of my neighbors and the cleaning machines in the morning.

The location is great as well as the staff and breakfast.

• Classic Room

The room was a little too warm during the night - maybe the temperature could have been turned down but it wasn't a big enough problem for us to have asked at reception.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was all any guest could ask for with very pleasant and helpful staff on hand, the bed was very comfortable and everything was immaculately clean. The location was also ideal for all around the city centre and easy access to transport.

• Classic Room

Can’t believe there’s only a wood door divides our room & another one! Can hear their talk & every sound clearly!

Excellent position, big bathroom

• Classic Room

nothing to dislike - all exceeded expectations

Staff were fantastic, super friendly and helpful. The Hotel is fabulous old world - huge floors and rooms, super quiet and smack bang in the middle of the city close to all facilities, landmarks and transport

• Classic Room

Noise from the street below could be heard in the mornings even with the double windows in the room.

Classic Victorian hotel located just off the main prominade. Room was large, bathroom was large with 2 sinks. Bed was firm and comfortable. Balcony and two other windows that opened onto the street. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They found a room for us to check in early which was awesome coming from the states in an avernight flight.

• Classic Room

I book for large room high floor, i got the smallest room in the hotel by back yard view. the stuff when i check in was tough but when i check was nice.

• Classic Room

The staff, particularly the porters were extremely helpful. I couldn't park my car in the nearby carpark because it was too high. The porter helped me take off the top-box so that the car would go into the garage and he then put the top-box in store for the duration of my stay. Full marks!

• Classic Room

No tea / coffee making facilities in the room, although when requested these were added at no charge. We through we had breakfast included, however this was not the case, more a booking.com thing and not the Hotel, however there are lots of local bakeries serving good cheap breakfasts.

Very helpful staff, location was great right in the heart in the town close to the Opera from which there are great transport links and the main attractions. We would suggest the Vienna pass as a great money saver as most entrance fees individually are expensive but are included in the pass. Some of the attractions had fast tracking for pass holders which avoided some very long queues.

• Superior Executive Room

separate toilet excellent but no where to wash your hands except back to the bathroom . no disabled entrance ramp . a number of steps and double doors which must be pulled to enter lobby.

room size very large , Breakfast very good . Staff excellent . Rate expensive . location fantastic . Sound proofing excellent .

• Classic Room

The Hotel's interior is old and dated. The walls are thin and we could hear the other guests walking the corridors whilst sleeping.

The Hotel is located a few meters from the main shopping street - Karntner Strasse. Reception staff were very helpful and went beyond what was asked for, Dalia Grgic was a great help in making dinner reservations for us and providing general info on the city. Breakfast buffet is decent and includes a wide variety.

• Classic Room

Actual room, not including the bathroom, was a little small but there was still plenty of room for our suitcases.

This hotel had one of the best hotel bathrooms I have had. There were two large sinks and plenty of room for toiletries. The breakfast was of superior quality with plenty of choices. Top location. Staff were extremely helpful with restaurant bookings, organised car from airport.

Elivator was small for 2 people plus 2 suitcases

Big room. Huge bathroom. Very clean and quiet. 3 min walk from Stephanzplatz and subway station. Great location. Very nice and helpful staff

• Deluxe Room

Night staff a bit standoffish, and heat controls in room hidden in bathroom.

Art and music lovers rejoice. You are a stone's throw from the Albertina, the Hofburg, two from the Kunsthistorisches Museums, the Kunstforum, the museum quarter, MusickVereinsplatz - its an excellent location!

• Classic Room

The room lighting was not that good There is no keycard for the room, Which will make you drop the key at the front desk every time that you are leaving the hotel

The location just in centre of Vienna downtown The staff were so good and friendly

• Classic Room

Getting there was tricky and parking was a nuisance. The breakfast was good, but not excellent. The room was comfortable but stuffy and when I opened the window, I had the street noise to contend with. The shower leaked if the door was not perfectly aligned (I figured this out too late). Overall, it was ok, but there are many better places for the price.

The location was good.

• Classic Room

room with very basic furniture and not so clean. We had to look under the bed because feld down something of our personal items and we found dirty sock, old receipts and lot of dust. Bathroom after the renovation they did is in a very good condition. Location very good. Breakfast almost good

• Classic Room

Morning stuff at reception hasn't been very interested, light at the bar not very inviting since the Hotel wasn't fully booked - it was not a plaesure having a room facing a Building, which is under construction and very, very noisy in the morning!

The porter was very friendly and helpful

• Classic Room

Just some details: window view and bathroom ventilation.

First of all the location is so perfect! The staff is very kindly and helpful. They are ready to do anything for the guests.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel bar was very small and lacked any atmosphere

Great location. Easy to get to metro and tram services and beside the main shopping street yet very quiet at night.

• Deluxe Room

Tv didn't work. The fridge didn't work. The bar was pathetic. Breakfast very poor value for money. Decor was old fashioned and charmless.

The location was very central.

• Classic Room

The room was very noisy, you could hear everything from outside plus the floor was old and noisy too. Window to a dull courtyard. Strange “system “ with two entrance doors, one was possible to lock from outside, but not from inside and the second just from inside. It was definitely not value for money.

Location. Offer for breakfast. Pleasant staff.

• Classic Room

Lack of good bar to end the day, but not a deal breaker. Tea and coffee facilities would have been nice in the room.

Location spot on for the main sights, all within walking or a tram ride. Clean and a good breakfast.

• Classic Room

We booked for a large bed and were given 2 single beds put side by side.

Ideal location, just behind the Opera and the Sacher Hotel, on Karntner strasse. Hotel of style. Excellent breakfast. Friendly welcome. Very quiet room. Good discount for the public underground parking of the Opera nearby. Excellent value for money. I strongly recommend.

• Executive Room

We asked for a double bed and had two singles joined together which would separate in the night..

A hotel with real Viennese character and charm. Excellent and quiet location. Comfortable and impeccably clean

• Superior Executive Room

The room was a little hot - but it was fine as we opened the internal windows!

It is very hard to find fault - the location can't get any better, breakfast was extensive and very fresh, service was exceedingly friendly... literally the only negative I can find is that the pillows were large and uncomfortable - upon telling the concierge, he promptly gave us a different size!

• Classic Room

I would like to be able to make tea coffee in the room Option for in house movie would be good

The staff were so accommodating and helpful. The breakfast staff always friendly.

• Classic Room

The staff were amazing and so helpful as Austrian customer service can be lacking in lots of places. Well situated. Car park nearby where we left car BUT they will valet for u if u want. Rooms and bathroom beautiful. Decor lovely Breakfast was sumptuous

• Classic Room

The building is under construction and difficult to find and enter. While our room was very nice, we faced the interior and our view was of the next door business's dumpster. Noisy at times.

Large rooms, high ceilings, very traditional style. Front desk personnel very helpful. Great location, walking distance to many attractions, excellent restaurants, shopping. Vienna is a beautiful city to explore.

• Deluxe Room

I would like a better bar ,more comfortable and inviting and also more of a lobby area downstairs. The staff and management need to inform guests about bank holidays and church holidays....we could not do any shopping on November 1st and that was our last day in Vienna as all the shops were closed. That was disappointing. Staff need to be a little more willing to share information. The staff were helpful and we were happy with them.

The Astoria has a wonderful location,on a quiet side street and fronting onto a lovely shopping street. Very easy to access all the great sights and entertainment in Vienna. Close to restaurants and bars . The hotel was very comfortable and very quiet and very easy to sleep there.

• Classic Room

Parking is under the Opera house, 2 minutes walking from the hotel.

Great location directly on the main walking zone. All the main sights are in the walking distance. We really enjoy in breakfast: great variaty of food and drink, clean room, nice personal ...

• Family Room

- Great location - Exceptionally spacious and comfortable rooms - Brilliant staff - Very good breakfast - Exceeded expectations on every front

• Classic Room

Something other than CNN on the TV in English, would be great.

Great staff and service. Excellent location. Really good size bathroom. Close to everything.

• Classic Room

The exterior of the hotel is undergoing restoration which detracted a little from the overall experience. They need a larger bar.

Excellent location, very friendly staff and a lovely old world atmosphere. Breakfast was excellent. the rooms were very quiet despite being very central.

• Classic Single Room

This hotel is in a terrific position in central Vienna. They happen to have the best pillows I have ever come across in a hotel on my travels. My room was small but comfortable, perfect for a solo traveller. The hotel has a charming old feel to it with double-door elevators and room entrances. It was quiet in my room and the shower was lovely! Friendly staff who were extremely accommodating, organising public transport tickets and even a late checkout. And most importantly...plenty of tea at breakfast!

• Classic Room

The Astoria is a historic hotel. We saw the movie, The Third Man (filmed in post-war Vienna - a classic shown three times a week in Vienna), and found out that Graham Greene and Orson Welles stayed in the Astoria during filming. The room was large, beautifully arranged and furnished, and you couldn't ask for better location, across the street from the Albertina Museum, a block from the Opera House. The price of the room was also reasonable. We would definitely stay there again!

• Comfort Room

A very good selection for the breakfast. Staff was friendly and attentive to the breakfast buffet and to the guests. A great location for exploring Vienna. No air conditioning but there was a fan. The windows opened.

• Classic Room

The booking software/process used. How it was possible that 6 month advanced booking was not fulfilled?

On our arrival front desk personal informed us that our reservation was kind of missed and they have no room left. But they nicely offered next door hotel (same Astoria Trend chain) with upgraded room for the same money. Escorted us there and answered and advised on restaurant options in the area. So I would rate the hotel stuff with good rating (the way they managed the situation) while cannot say anything about the Astoria hotel.

Beautiful old hotel in the very heart of the city but it wasn't noisy at all. Very friendly staff. The main shopping areas were right outside the door. The State Opera House and the Spanish dancing horses were only a few minutes walk away.

Browse Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien traveller photo gallery