Reviews of Berger's Sporthotel 4 stars

Dorfplatz 33, 5753 Saalbach Hinterglemm, Austria

#60 of 78 hotels in Saalbach Hinterglemm

Breakfast was a bit basic but hey it does the job!

Great location at a good price. Staff very nice and helpful. Always attentive and making sure we were ok. Very traditional decor but fine as a base for skiing, located between the 2 main lifts, both being a short walk. Would definitely stay here again.

• Comfort Triple Room

Certainly did not like anything stayed there as we had paid in advance from false booking representation

The pastries were not extra flakey and the beds were certainly not comfy, only decent thing with the hotel was the central location. The hotel needs a total refurbishment of swimming pool area, hot tub needs to be replaced as it did not work at all only one sauna disgusting facilities which was suppose to be the attraction

The size of the room, not like on the pictures of their website,old hotel, the bathroom was super small, you could not even turn around, some hair in the bath tube, no view - only right inside the window and room of the next hotel.

Great location, comfy bed, breakfast, nice staff, especially the facility manager

• Comfort Triple Room

the price of Austrian wines on menu a little over the top.

for the price charged for food this was good value/salad bar choice excellent/breakfast choice was excellent aswell .service was pleasant

friendly staff with permanent smile, great location, nice preakfast , they accommodate my request to have bigger room and provide me room with balcony with mountain view. free parking.

• Family Room - Annex

Location and very friendly staff, could not do enough for us as a group! Free room upgrade to main hotel Boys enjoyed the pool late every afternoon Will definitely stay there again! Dr Malherbe

Travelled with my brother and had a really nice weekend! Last weekend of the season with great amounts of sun and still pretty god snow on the slopes! We got a room facing southwest and had fantastic after ski sun after getting back in the afternoons!

• Comfort Double Room

Actually I was on business trip at the Alpine region but all this people in this hotel gave me the feeling I'm on holiday. The hotel was fully booked but I had the feeling that the whole Staff is there to serve only Me! I Had a wonderful very clean room whit all extras I need , nice and clean Bathroom, mini fridge, big flat screen TV and many, many, many programs on different languages, free wireless internet connection and the best mountain view I ever have seen...I defiantly will be back but this time whit my Family!! I have my own travel agency and I am often on the way so I pay much attention to details in the visited houses. When I saw the nicely-organized, rich breakfast buffet and close to perfection assembled dinner dishes- served by the nicest waiters in the world (thanks Daniela !!), I have obviously realized how many years of experience was successfully applied to make the guest feels like he is the most important guest! I really enjoyed the Wellness area of the house- pleasant sauna, steam room, the lovely pool and the very professional performed refreshing massages at the "La Vie" I had unfortunately no time to skiing but the central location of the hotel is ideal for skiing enthusiasts, all the three cableways are in about two to four minutes’ walk away. Dear Rosita and Susi, thank for watching after me during my Stay in Berger's' Sporthotel, you are the best Reception team!!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Comfort Triple Room

Dinner was very average - better to walk out in the village and find something else. Price is high for what you get.

Very centrally located in the village

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast at the end of serving had few cups and bowls so had to wait to ask for more. The steam room has no water hose so it's not hygienic to sit down as it can't be cleaned when you personally use it.

The staff were really friendly at breakfast and helpful for solo traveler when I was not well one day they checked up on me. I liked the hotel being central to the town and really close to the ski lifts. I recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Comfort Family Room

Very rude staff, especially young waitress which served breakfast. There were lots of free tables, but she forsed us ( 9 people) to sit under one small table. Very poor breakfast. If you like 70's and your favorite color is red go for it. Renovation should've be done 20 years ago. All week we were staying in lots of different hotels, so this was "exeptional". We booked family room (for 4 persons), but we have got two double rooms connected via balcony. Imagine little kids sleaping alone in the room while lots of people go to smoke to the same balcony which is public. Do not go there if you can.

Free parking place, good location.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Triple Room - Annex

Room was small, car park was not immediately at the hotel, had to drive to pedestrian only street to unload luggage.

Location was nice at the center of busy shopping/restaurant area. Room was nice and the bed was good. We got a two-rooms-one-bathroom combo with a smaller room for our child.

Breakfast was simple, but decent.

Friendly welcome, nice people. Upon Arivval they upgraded our room into two single rooms, Awsome.

The hotel

The slopes, the nature

Everything!! The staff the facilities, the location. I can't fault this hotel

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Family Room - Annex

This Hotel has the best location in Saalbach

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Triple Room - Annex

Berger Sport Hotel is a nice place but they should renovate the hall/reception area and the restaurant

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

-Very basic breakfast, nothing extra -View from room was straight to the grey storage wall, about 6-7 metres away, beforehand was hoping for a nice mountain view, like in everyone hotel before I visited in Austria, it sucked. -Dinner was cheap, but bad, I would happily been paying more from ok food, specially when generally in Austria the food is good -Spa area was during our visit not clean,although there were not so many people, some areas did smell mouldy, so it was a short visit, did not feel like a place where to stay and relax... In pics looked way much better :( -Bad wifi in room -The hotel condition and style is straight from 1985 (exept the Spa area), some may call it traditional, I call it unrenovated All in all, I have visited at least 20 different hotels in Austrian Alps (Ischgl, St. Anton and Zell am See), this was one of the most expensive and one of the worst. They could do it so much better. Feels always bad for the owners when they do not have ambition and will to improve, only to do so much profit as possible in short time. Maybe it´s ok for the British package travellers, but not for others paying over 200 euros/night for a room.

-good location -we got discount for the price, and a free dinner -we got free parking (outside)

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

We were asked every day whether we were going to eat dinner at the hotel as we were bed and breakfast only, we began to feel under pressure to eat there but we had other plans. A different approach would have been better. We used the pool but couldn't figure out how to turn on the jets so I asked the lady working in the Spa who didn't know and didn't go to find out! It didn't matter that much but she should have made the effort to find out for us. On reception there was one lady who was very efficient but didn't seem very happy or welcoming, however she did sort a breakfast for us all to take with us on the day we left as it was before breakfast time in the hotel.

The location was fantastic in the centre of lovely Saalbach. The ski hire place Furst Ski was just across the road and the main Gondola we used was a 3-4 minute walk slightly downhill which was great! We were there the last week of March so there wasn't any snow in the resort but plenty up the mountain. The hotel is family run and the mother was there to welcome us and was often around checking everything was good for us. The waiters and the chef at breakfast were very friendly and we had a breakfast table overlooking the centre. The barman who served us drinks outside in the sunshine was very efficient and friendly. We had a room with a balcony so we could sit there after skiing and watch the sun go down. The room was warm and the beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Everything was either good or excellent, couldn't fault our stay

The spa and restaurant were particularly good. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. If you're looking to stay somewhere in Saalbach then please don't hesitate to stay here.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

I ordered one room.It was upgraded two times without me asking for it; at first to a better room and then to two rooms. The staff was in any possible way very serviceminded and helpfull.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2015

Lovely old hotel in the middle of Saalbach, short walk to the lifts. Big room, balcony with nice view. Felt very welcome, pleasant people all over. Nice breakfast, we also enjoyed dining on Berger a few nights. Clean and tidy:)

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Extremely warm welcome and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

We believe the restaurant could be so much more. But there are plenty of options in town.

Friendly staff and excellent location.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2016

Longer holiday

Location is perfect, staff super!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2016

NOTHING

THE INFORMALITY AND FUN

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Brilliant breakfast with a cook that makes your eggs fresh, makes omelets etc. The staff is extremely service minded, and the location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Good sized rooms, the staff were lovely, nice balcony and well located.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

The place is in the Heart of the city The hotel owner was the best host

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Very friendly staff members and helpful

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.