2. Austria hotel reviews
  3. Vienna (state) hotel reviews
  4. Vienna hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Stefanie

Reviews of Hotel Stefanie This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Taborstraße 12, 02. Leopoldstadt, 1020 Vienna, Austria

#25 of 327 hotels in Vienna

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: March 21, 2019

Room standard doesn't match 4*

The single room is really tiny although very clean. So is the bed. Ventilation in the bathroom and in the separate toilet hardly works leaving steam and smells for a long time.

Convenient transport from/to the airport. Rich and tasty breakfast. Competent and very helpful staff. Wi-fi fast enough and with no password. Nice design of common areas.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2019

Cleanliness of the hotel, response from the hotel was quick...

The staff who escorts the guest at the breakfast room. I understand that the breakfast room is extremely busy, but without asking any question, she escorted me to sit with other person even I expected to be seated alone. She did not even ask another person who was already sitting at the table whether I can sit down, and there were many other tables which had only one person. Since she put me together with the same Asian person, it seemed a little bit of undermining the nationality as well. When I asked her I would rather want to wait and sit alone, she again tried to put me to another table where another person was already sitting. This time she did ask this person whether I can sit. May be this happened because she did not understand what I wanted. But since I wanted a privacy, I again asked her that I would like to sit alone like other guests and I do not mind waiting to have a private room, she did let me do that, but this whole process from the time when she tried to place me to sit with other person took 20-30 mins. During that time, many other people in a group were placed at the table. This staff had a bad attitude, which was sad. May be she was too busy but still it was not nice at all. Apart from this episode, all were great.

Cleanliness of the hotel, response from the hotel was quick and the staff were all nice. The reason I rated a little low was because of the staff at the breakfast room. Except for that everything was great. Wished a bottle of mineral water in the room as a gratitude.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2019

Great location, lovely team and I had a little surprise for...
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

If you want a kettle and everything else to be able to make yourself a cup of tea in your room, you have to ask them to bring it to your room.

Great location, lovely team and I had a little surprise for my Birthday that I was not expecting at all. They absolutely made my day! Their pastries are delicious but yet a simple breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2019

I will definitely consider this hotel for my next visit to Vienna

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel

A very charming hotel with staff that were really friendly & helpful. Beds were comfortable & breakfast had plently of variety to chose from. Location great, near Swedenplatz underground train station, which is 1 stop from Landstrasse (Wien Mitte) for City Airport Train. The location made it easy to get to all the main sights whether it be walking or underground train. We opted for walking mostly.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

Ideal base for walking to museums, cafes, music venues and general sightseeing. Also good value.

Not much.

Location ideal - just outside the main area of tourist interest but easy walking to most places of interest (just cross the canal). Excellent breakfast (from 0600) with plenty of choice. Rooms facing the internal courtyard very quiet. Staff friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2019

Nice and quiet, and in a very good location;

Wi-fi connection is a little slow and unstable.

Nice and quiet, and in a very good location; breakfast was rich and good, the room was clean and – even if small – very comfortable; the staff was very kind. Not the cheapest solution, but its price is good for a city like Vienna, and the value for money is extremely good.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

Beautiful hotel, with a charming Viennese "imperial...

I have read this hotel was the oldest of the city, and that it had an eventful story. Yet, I know nothing about it. How about some flyers, either in the room or after the check in ?

Beautiful hotel, with a charming Viennese "imperial style" decor. Very friendly and dedicated staff, everyone speak English. Super clean room, comfortable beds and spacious bathroom. On the map, it looked like it would be quite remote. But it is actually very close to Stephanplatz and very conveniently located if you came from the airport using the CAT express (only one station away from Landstrasse) Cherry on the cake : awesome breakfast buffet in a large room that looks like a ballroom ! Perfect, really :)

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

Big disappointment...

Unfortunately, room was really really bad:-( We had unbearable smell in our room during our stay. We thought it would go away after a while but that was not the case. It was mostly coming from bathroom/toilet. I think we should have asked them to change, but it was our fault that we didn’t ask to change...Room was very old, floor was making noise. We booked superior room which is bigger than standart one. It was supposed to have one large double bed, but we had two beds attached to each other...Our room was facing street on 2nd floor, and whenever tram was passing, room was shaking...Especially by paying premium for better room, we had expected something better...

Only two things: 1- Staff was nice, smiling and helpful. Especially waiters in the restaurant were lovely. 2- Location is very convenient, walking distance to center. It was easy for us to find parking spot outside which was for free

• Reviewed: March 6, 2019

Authentic hotel , most comfortable.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Authentic hotel , most comfortable. Staff were in the main Austrian and at all times did everything to make our stay enjoyable. Staff command of English language was excellent which for us helped greatly as neither speaks German.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2019

Would definitely stay here again if back in Vienna!

They made our trip really special - the staff went above and beyond to make our visit excellent. The hotel itself was lovely, very grand with a very interesting history. Couldn’t fault it.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2019

Wonderful hotel in central Vienna

The only thing that I can fault at all is that when we arrived on the Sunday we decided to go into the restaurant for the buffet lunch. It was 2pm and the buffet was due to be served until 3pm. The waitress that greeted us was clearly not happy about us coming in at 2pm and was very reluctant to find us a table. We started to walk away but fortunately the Restaurant Manager approached us and put the situation right. The buffet was delicious and it all ended well. It was just unfortunate that our encounter with that particular waitress was not a good one. She also continued to be quite surly and sarcastic whilst she was serving us. However, every other member of staff was very friendly throughout our stay so it was only something minor.

The hotel was beautifully decorated, lovely and clean. Our room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. All the facilities were excellent. The location was excellent. It is not right in the centre of Vienna but literally a 5 minute walk away and in a much quieter location which was great. We had everything close to hand - metro, airport bus, Hop On Hop Off bus, all within a 5 minute or less walk. The breakfast was lovely and we also had the buffet lunch on the Sunday which was great. The bar was well stocked and reasonably priced and the barman was great. The wifi worked really well. It was my birthday during our stay which the receptionist noticed from my passport when we arrived. On my birthday the hotel put a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and a birthday card in our room which was a really lovely and unexpected surprise. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

Breakfast was great selection and staff very friendly and...

The extractor fan in the bathroom was randomly on in the afternoon and through the night but not in the morning!

Breakfast was great selection and staff very friendly and even remembered us and our room number after a few days- impressive!

• Reviewed: February 26, 2019

The Hotel Stefanie is very charming!
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Internet access could be better, I don't know why I had no wi-fi not only on my mob tel but also on my Macbook

The Hotel Stefanie is very charming! It has special atmosphere of Vienna. The personal on the reception was sincerely attentive. I found that the breakfast room was so beautiful like in palace. The breakfast was very good with a lot of kinds of cheese, very good coffee mélange in coffee machine, fresh fruits and good bakery with Vienna’s strudel. The hotel has very good location, close to the metro and tram station, it takes only 10 min to the center. You can find a lot of café and shops close to the hotel but they are closed on Sundays. The room was spacious, clean, new and comfortable. I enjoy this hotel and I’ll come back!

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

All round wonderful experience in Vienna.A very friendly and welcoming place and would definitely.

Leaving..

From the moment we arrived we we're made feel very welcome.Check in was very swift and I would like to mention Chritian at reception for his smiling and most welcoming attitude.We discovered a luggage problem after check in and went back to reception and Christian advised and with his help the situation was sorted.At all times the staff in every department we're extremely friendly.The breakfast was first class and would definitely satisfy most tastes the bubbly was quite nice too.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

The location was great - we did a lot of walking and it was...
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The room was very warm and hard to regulate

The location was great - we did a lot of walking and it was easy to walk into the centre of Vienna. Hop on hop off bus was just across the road. The hotel was so comfortable - lovely atmosphere and very helpful staff. Great breakfast too. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

Exceptional!!!

Nothing- the hotel is fabulous!!

The staff were excellent as were the facilities. Breakfast was a delight- wide range of choice (champagne was a lovely touch!). Loved the bar - perfect for a little nightcap

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

Amazing hotel!!!

First, thank you to the nice, welcoming and helpfull staff of the hotel!!! The location of the hotel is really conveniant, the hotel is clean and beautiful. I recommend it for sure!

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

Good breakfast, convenient location, friendly staff

Noisy room on first floor on the street - the trams especially make a significant racket clacking over the tracks/joints. Asked to move as we stayed for 3 nights but they "were not able to". Not good enough - there is always a plan to be made in a large hotel. Thin grey (ex-white) towels need replacement. The curtains are too narrow and flimsy to block out the bright neon lights outside - another 50cm of curtain cloth would solve the problem!

Good breakfast, convenient location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: February 19, 2019

A fantastic hotel.

The ambiance and the services were superb.It is in a great location to explore this beautiful city.Staff were so friendly and helpful Breakfast gave a brilliant choice and the food was excellent at dinner as well Would recommend this hotel to family and friends and if we ever return to Vienna would stay here again

• Reviewed: February 19, 2019

Very friendly service, we had our one year old daughter and...
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Very friendly service, we had our one year old daughter and they provide us a small crib. They had high chairs as well. Location is great and rooms are clean. Breakfast is really good!.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

I was truly delighted with every aspect of the hotel and will certainly be back!

Tv choices were minimal but I didn’t need to watch as I was out enjoying the beautiful city!

Bed was comfy, room spotless and clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2019

Would definitely return if we visited the City again

Absolutely nothing. Everything during our short stay met every expectation.

The breakfast each morning was excellent. Well presented and fresh. The setting was very plush and provided a very pleasurable start to our day. We were also particularly delighted with the way in which the hotel added to our stay after we informed them it was our anniversary.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Charming hotel

A charming hotel in the second district of Vienna, so not right near the main tourist drag, but it's a close enough walk and there are excellent transport links. Breakfast was great, and the room was clean, and mostly quiet enough. The staff were friendly and always around.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Good choice

Their reservation system i have been charged twice, told one would be refunded still no refund made ( said would take two weeks one has passed so far )

Excellent location close to all main areas

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

The beds were comfortable and it was in a good location.

The rooms were quite noisy with both outside noises and thin walls, making sleeping difficult.

The beds were comfortable and it was in a good location.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Nice experience!

They have a bit tiny and very long halls, only on 3rd floor there were at least 89 rooms. And since the building is old with no good sound profing I guess, and if you have noise sensitivity, noise made up in the hall by the guests coming late night to their rooms migth disturb you a bit.

Location of facility is very good, close to the old town center of the city, especially if you prefer walking. Good breakfast with good selection available in the mornings. Restaurant in the facility has a go, you should try some from there. Bathroom was clean and with all necesities. Staff at reception is very friendly and helpful. Additionally, for wanderers, there are public transport trams, passing right in front of the hotel, with which you can have central and old city tour.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would book again with confidence.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Being English - a hot beverage tray with kettle and cups would be nice to have in the room on arrival. (You can ask for one.)

The location is not far from the centre of the city. The room was clean and good storage space for clothing. The bedding was of good quality and the bed was very comfortable. All the staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. There was an excellent selection of food at the breakfast table which could be visited as often as you liked. The hotel has a splendid ambience and has very interesting historical displays.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Nothing was to much trouble.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The small rooms are small as described but are exactly what they say they are. However if you are happy with a small room they are beautifully decorated and clean and above all good value for money.

Nothing was to much trouble.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

The night shift of receptionists is nice

I have to pay 10 euro extra because of a late check out (12h45 instead of 12h00!) after 4 days in the hotel! They could have calling me in the room and warning me before . The tuff approach and the way that it has been said by the receptionist is unacceptable for a 4 * stars hotel which is in reality not more than 2,5*. Hôtel need a serious renovation . Poor breakfast

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

It was luxurious

The hotel is beautiful, staff very helpful, central location near to historical centre plenty of coffee bars. The hotel restaurant for breakfast and evening meal is first class.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

We had a very pleasant stay and it was a special weekend for my husband and I as it was our 40th we

What ever taxi firm they use they need to look into what they charge their guests as we payed twice as much for our return journey!

All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and made us very welcome Our room was on the small side but very comfortable and I did book a standard room after all Brilliant shower! Breakfast was very good indeed and staff was most attentive at all times I would recommend Hotel Stefanie to anyone and would always stay again

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Nice old Wien.

The general aspect of the room was slightly shabby for a 4-star hotel, but this was just a vary vague sensation. The restaurant (we had a dinner there) does not seem to be that good. The only real flaw of the place, which might become a nuisance when the hotel is full (it was not during our stay in January 2019), is the customary total lack of acoustic isolation of the plumbing, and lack of acoustic isolation between adjacent rooms. But this is a well-known problem in almost every hotel around the world ... I could never understand why hotel designers don't care a bit about this aspect.

Excellent location. Nice inside environment. Quite friendly staff, able to speak well several languages. Wide room and wide bed, fortunately with several pillows and with a very large Austrian blanket. We asked for a quiet place and we got a really silent one. Nice bathroom, even though, as usual, there was no bidet. Breakfast with plenty of space and plenty of choice, although extremely conventional. Garage for car available within the hotel itself, which is a plus, despite the inevitably high cost (but fully comparable to the cost of any public parking around the hotel).

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Very average!

The room was a disappointment. Although it was pleasant enough we had booked a Superior Room and it did not live up to the description on the website which reads “Our spacious, air-conditioned non-smoking rooms come with a double bed and a sofa and are available for max. 3 people. They offer the perfect atmosphere for a relaxed stay in Vienna. Most of the rooms face the quiet patio.”. The room we were allocated had no sofa and the worst view I have ever had, it certainly did not face the quiet patio! Also on the afternoon of the Sunday of our stay we decided to go back to the hotel to have a drink in the bar. When we arrived we were told the bar was closed beacause they were busy in the restaurant, we were invited to take a seat in the guest lounge area and have our drink there. This was fine however the service was not and after waiting over 20 minutes and asking 2 members of staff we complained at the reception desk. The response and attitude was appalling it was simply that they were busy in the restaurant and we would have to wait, no apology!

The location was good and the hotel well presented.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Good location and nice staff.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The room we stayed were little bit old. The king size bed was bonded of two single beds with two separate mattress, makes my wife and I don't feel good. There are weird sounds when we stepped on the wood floor in the room. There is a piano in the lobby, but didn't guests to play it. LOL

This is a hotel with history. Displays a lot of old stuff, very interesting. The staffs there were nice. The breakfast was good, they even offer sparkling water and sparkling wine for the breakfast. Just the loaves are little bit hard, even harder after toasted. If the fruits were fresher would be better. Also, the location is good, 5 mins walking from tram, bus stop and subway. Two supermarkets are next to it.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

I loved my stay in Vienna

The rooms are too small. No water and teebags or Nescafe that the guest can make a cup of tee and drink it in his Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is great.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

I am delighted!

I am delighted! Great hotel with a great history! Hotel like a museum! Being in a hotel, as if moving 200 years ago, you are in the times of the emperor! Hotel service at a high level! Thank you for the bright impressions and the royal welcome! Recomend for everybody! Feel yourself a part of the History of the Beautiful Vienna!

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

This is a very nice hotel: the room was large and pleasant...
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The hotel is a bit outside the center. It is a short walk, but you have to cross the river and in the winter when it is freezing cold, it is not pleasant. They have a scam going where if you order a taxi to go to the airport, they in fact call a ``service'' that has a fixed fee and is more expensive. The car that picked us up looked like a regular private car. When I complained they pointed out that they advertise that they have a fixed fee service (which is true, although they had to point out the sign to me), but that is besides the point. If you ask them to call a taxi they should do it, or else tell you that they won't and you have to use their expensive service.

This is a very nice hotel: the room was large and pleasant and the public spaces are pleasant. Breakfast is very good.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

Great location, near the centre! Beautiful hotel!

We had a problem with the heating in the room in our first night. The radiator didn't work and it was very cold. The day after, we talked at the reception and they were very nice, they changed our room and it was all great!

- very nice room, with comfortable bed and pillows - clean room - good breakfast - very kind stuff

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

Great hotel

If I had to be really picky towels thin Don’t like shampoo/ shower gel etc in one and why bother with the hairdryer which is difficult to use and very little heat but loved hotel and would go back in a flash

Warm very clean quiet rooms great staff pleasant breakfast bar area good

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Very clean m, spacious room;

Slow internet; location central, but very few nice restaurants or cafes in the immediate area

Very clean m, spacious room; good restaurant; reasonable price

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Will probably stay there again should I ever come to Vienna again

Juices at breakfast very artificial; scrambled eggs and bacon not very hot, maybe because we were there rather at 9 than 8 am

3rd time that I have stayed there... location not too bad ; personnel very helpful. Nice decoration

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

A nice experience in the oldest hotel in Wien with an updated comfort.

Nothing to report.

The oldest hotel in Wien with all comfort, good service and everything working perfectly up-to-date. Very silent. The breakfast is very good and full of choices. The bar is cosy and with a good service. A Library room where you can rest, have a meeting or even work. We had some issues with flight cancelations and rebooking an the Hotel manager had a great collaboration.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

A great hotel in a great location!
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

We have stayed at Hotel Stefanie before and loved it so much that we booked again. The hotel is warm and cosy, the staff are friendly and welcoming, the rooms are super comfortable, and the breakfast is perfect!

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Good but pricey for the quality of room

The hotel rooms didnt feel 4 star. A bit shabby round the edges. Bathroom was tiny. Also, you can hear everything occuring on the floor, so if your neighbour is up at 6am so will you be.

Excellent Breakfast. Staff were responsive.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

A good value , comfortable and friendly hotel close to city centre. Will return again.

The Christmas Eve dinner service not up to usual Stefanie standard maybe some of the staff were a little nervous. The food quality did not reflect the price and left us disappointed

The breakfast was excellent, wide selection, fresh bread and pastries and the soft boiled eggs perfect

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Staff and hotel lovely.

One morning the restaurant was full so we ended up having to sit in the bar area on our own. The lady that was asked to do the same left without having breakfast. Never had this before in a hotel

Staff and hotel lovely. Great location just across the bridge from All the action. Quaint hotel

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

All in all was a nice experience staying at Hotel Stefanie. Most of the people were very helpful.

One of the people working in reception was not very helpful. Room was rather dull and shower also rather small. I have paid less money in inferior hotels for better rooms.

Everyone was very friendly. Great layout and service at breakfast. Nice hotel and very central. Also very clean.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

One of us was enjoying a return, my partner was utterly charmed on her first visit

Nothing comes to mind.

The overall abience, historic yet modern in facilities. Exemplary services, staff always attentive, cheerful and spoke whenever we passed. Bar and restaurant had great house specialities. Location ideal between city centre and the Prater park ( we are hill walkers, so the relatively level ground was easy and we walked everywhere, from Rathaus to Donau Turm)

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Unfortunately during my stay I had an intestinal Issue and soiled the top sheet The underwear was disposed of but an odor was present. The staff was very upset and charged me an extra 250 Euros (which Was reduced to 150 Euros) I paid the bill and stopped arguing. Since I was in a foreign country, I was afraid they might call the police. I will also protest the bill with my credit card company.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Will always choose this hotel when they keep up this great standard...

Nothing..

As always the buffet breakfast is excellent and one of the many reasons I choose this hotel.. The staff were as helpful and polite as usual..what's there not to like ...

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

We fill like at home, Professional, friendly and cosy at the...

We fill like at home, Professional, friendly and cosy at the same time. Excellent restaurant. Perfect location close to tramway, subway, city center and airport bus.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Warm and welcoming and a perfect location.

Nothing really but it would’ve been nice if at breakfast pots of tea were bought to the table. Also the toaster was very slow.

We liked the distressed grandeur of the building, it felt welcoming as you walked in. Location was excellent. Staff were so helpful. Room was bright warm and clean. Breakfast selection was good.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Comfortable bed and the whole hotel was spotlessly clean.

Communication regarding the airport transfer could have been clearer. It was not free as indicated. The hotel do not have a shuttle service available. What they will do is organise a private transfer.

Comfortable bed and the whole hotel was spotlessly clean. There was an extensive choice at breakfast. The hop on hop off bus stop is just across the street.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

The room was clean and a good size and bed was comfortable.

The bar area was rather small so not always able to get a table.

The room was clean and a good size and bed was comfortable. The dining room was very elegant and the breakfast was excellent. I particularly liked the offer of sparkling wine at breakfast. Very good location for sightseeing.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Perfect location.

Breakfast restaurant was not suitable for the capasity of guests and there was waitingtime to get seated every morning. It was needed to seat people together, who did not know each other

Perfect location. Nice and calm atmosphere. Staff very serviceminded (especially Thomas in the restaurant). Breakfast buffet was very good

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Very good stay. Would definitely go back. Good location.

Very comfortable room - large beds and warm duvets. Hotel well heated and we were able to adjust heating in our room. Breakfasts excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel just opposite tram stop.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Lovely hotel

That they put a holding deposit of 80% a month before we arrived . We have since had our stay and paid for it - yet the charges have yet to be released on our card a week later!

The position was excellent easy walking distance from the underground station as well as the main part of town . We had a superior room so it was quite large .

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Mostly disappointed

Small room, hard bed, bad pillows, musty smell everywhere, thermostat either too hot or too cold, poor breakfast choice, the worst hotel breakfast coffee ever, poor wifi, cheap toiletries, a bit off city centre.

Traditional design, clean, good food at the bar.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

It was superb.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

We had no complaint. We liked everything.

We got a very warm welcome on arrival. The Porter Nenkov was really helpful and he told us how to get to all the Christmas markets. The food was excellent and we had evening meals there for 3 nights because it was so good. We also had drinks in the bar each evening. The hotel is spotless with magnificent decor. It is a few minutes from Schwedenplatz underground and the nr 1 and 2 tram stop close by. It is comfortable and quiet and I would highly recommend it

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

We are looking forward to our return already!
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

My only criticism is that they use a budget hotel style of squeezy all in one type of hair and body wash. A hotel of this quality should supply better toiletries and there was no conditioner which was an issue for my fiancee.

Hotel Stefanie, the oldest hotel in Vienna is well located between Nestroyplatz on the U1 u-bahn and Taborstrasse on the U2 line. The first impressions were of a stylish hotel, nicely decorated and the warm greeting at reception was very nice. The front desk is always helpful and friendly. Our room on the first floor was of a decent size with a nice bathroom. The bed is comfy and we had a good night's sleep. Breakfast is buffet style, good quality, varied and plentiful. The addition of hot scrambled eggs and bacon was a bonus for a Brit! We spent a few happy hours in the hotel bar. They serve good local Viennese beer and a big shout out to Mazar, the bar steward who is both efficient and friendly and has the ability to make you smile and feel most welcome!

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Superb!

The service and attention to detail at this hotel was outstanding. I am torn between leaving a great review and not leaving one at all as I would like to be able to stay here next time I visit Vienna!

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Excellent hotel in a great location.

Great location, hop on hop off bus a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Very comfortable room, quiet, spacious, spotlessly clean and warm (we had snow during our stay). All the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Excellent breakfast. Lovely bar. A beautiful hotel that exceeded our expectations. We would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Good location but overall a distinctly average experience.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The hotel is the oldest in Vienna and with that comes a number of downsides. The rooms are very small/pokey and even though I had booked an extra large bed what we ended up with was far from extra large - the rooms simply cannot accommodate an extra large bed. The bathroom was adequate but the shower head was over the bath and it turned the wrong way so it was nearly impossible to actually get under the water flow. The bedroom was so hot (in winter) that we had to open the window every night and even with that, the room was still overly warm.

The hotel is well placed to access the old town by foot and is close to the underground so it makes getting around easy. The breakfasts were very good but a bit of change in variety would have added to the experience.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Nice area to stay as starting point to all sorts of purposes.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

A bit worn off. Breakfast was nothing special - just standard hotel stuff. But that's it - nothing more to complain about.

Nice area to stay as starting point to all sorts of purposes. Nice and helpful staff. Nothing to complain about. Beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

with the exception of the check in process the rest of the stay was excellent.

on arrival the experience with the receptionist was not at all pleasant. He was curt and unfriendly. He realised from my reaction that he was handling the check in process badly and altered his manner and approach.

the breakfasts were excellent.

Fantastic location

The door rattled a lot when other doors along the corridor were opened and closed, so after the first night I stuffed leaflets down the frame to prevent that.

Helpful staff, very clean, very pretty hotel. Breakfast was amazing! And as we checked out before breakfast on our last day we were given a handy lunchbox style breakfast to take away with us.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Hotel Stefanie was excellent value for money the dining room had excellent choices fo

The room we were allocated was first class it was so spacious and quiet. When we were in the room never heard anyone outside going up or down the corridor.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

We had an enjoyable short break in Vienna.

Our room was a bit dated and could do with a face lift. The room was also exextremely hot making it very uncomfortable and difficult to sleep (even with window open). We tried and failed to reduce temperature thermostat.

The breakfast was exceptional. Plenty of choice with both hot and cold dishes. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location of the hotel is only a short walk to tram and train line.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

short break

breakfast food ie scrambled egg bacon wasn't very hot and coffee they served for one person in a large jug was cold two mornings out 3. I was a bit annoyed when mentioned to a new member of staff that the coffee was cold I was told it should be hot so why would i have told her. she needs to realise customer pays her wages

lovely old classic hotel

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

A lovely place for a treat.

Huge choice of breakfast but pretty tasteless.

Lovely hotel. The staff were great. They even put sparkling wine, chocolates, card and a red rose in the room when they realised it was my birthday. Highly recommended, Love to go again.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Great hotel, great location
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

We hung our towels up, as requested, to indicate that we were happy to reuse but they were still changed every day.

The hotel is centrally located, 5mins walk from trams and U1 line at Schwedenplatz station, and 10mins from St Stephan's Cathedral. Staff were always friendly, polite and helpful. Breakfast was served in the lovely dining room, with a wide choice of self-serve food and drink. Our twin bedded room was more spacious than many I have stayed in, with ample storage for clothes for our few days stay. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Good hotel in a convenient location - we would go back

We didn't use the bar as we thought it was expensive compared to other bars and cafes. We also avoided the cooked items at breakfast as they weren't great. However the other choices at breakfast were superb, so that wasn't a big deal.

We got upgraded to a suite so the room was fabulous, and we liked the location; easy walking distance into the centre, but bigger rooms and better value for money, we thought, than equivalent hotels in the Inner Stadt. We ate in restaurant and thought the quality was excellent.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Main problem - wifi didn't work in the evening.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Main problem - wifi didn't work in the evening. It's unacceptable for any hotel, especially 4-star. There was no cattle in the room, but we asked and they provided it without a problem.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Superbly helpful and friendly staff

The staff were all very friendly, welcoming and helpful. They all spoke English and gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble in order to help me. The breakfast choice was superb with plenty to choose from. The location, juat across the Danube Canal, was very convenient as it was only a 5 minute walk to the city centre and had a tram stop directly outside. The underground train was also a very short walk away also

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

A fantastic Hotel
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

As normal there always some people that make a noise when leaving or checking but that’s not down to the hotel.

The property was a brilliant find for us , thanks to booking .com The location was good for us as we like walking. The hotel is stunning inside with some fantastic wooden panelling and antique furnishings in the hall way. Our room 225 was ideal for us , we loved the separate walk in wardrobe with plenty of room for our cases. The bathroom was clean and tidy and large enough. The breakfast room / dinning area is a very well decorated room, with wooden panelling and lovely art on the wall. The way they set the breakfast was set out was very functional and worked very well.

We Price Match