Reviews of Austria Classic Hotel Innsbruck Binders Garni 4 stars

#63 of 66 hotels in Innsbruck

6.2

Only the staff
    • Suite

This is the worst hotel, i have stayed on a suite, which should be the best room on this hostel, the room like prison, the bathroom in the room without door, also you should use the stairs to reach your room because the left doesn’t their, the weather too much hot and there are no AC or fan, the facilities are not clean, the bed not comfortable at all it is water bed..!! Seriously do not think to stay one minute on this hotel and all those photo about the room will cheat you.

Only the staff

Do NOT recomend !!!
    • Business Twin Room

The receptionist was VERY rude and the cleaner just walked in my room in the morning while we where in bed. Not cool experience !

Bar lady was very polite and healpful ! The receptionist shoul learn from the bar lady

over priced for what you get
    • Business Twin Room

this is an over priced hotel for what you get. the décor feels old fashioned, like a return to the 1980s. 2nd floor corridor was dirty and very dusty. the pictures both in the room and in the corridors were terrible.

The breakfast was good. the room was small but ok for one night. bathroom good size with plenty of hot water and a very good shower. nice bar area on the ground floor with a lovely terrace.

Very good base for a city holiday.

Breakfast was very nice but expensive at 15 euros per person. We ate hotel breakfast on day 1 but found some good options in town for around 5 euros per person. Bar pizzas were fine but could do with side salad.

Good, modern, clean bathrooms. Comfortable beds. Short tram ride to centre of Innsbruck. Discount available for several attractions. Friendly and polite staff. Stylish new 'designer' décor on top floor.

Breakfast all right.
    • Business Single Room

A blond woman was very unfriendly after the orange squeezing machine did not work for me. Later on she decided the elevator needed a thorough cleaning at the busiest time of the day, right after breakfast. Btw for the bed in my room (single) you should not be much taller than me (1.85), for the dutchies.

Breakfast all right. Low score for staff is not for night shift, he was great, friendly and active.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

I thought that this type of hotel had disappeared in Europe...

I thought that this type of hotel had disappeared in Europe but sorry to report there is at least 1 left. Call the hotel to ask if we can drop off luggage - they reply yes - we arrive & the door is locked - we get let in after a while. Rooms are fairly small but they have no air conditioning at all. In a heatwave, a good hotel would have organised fans for the rooms (a previous hotel on our tour did exactly this). The whole place smacked of just doing the bare minimum. This is a 2 star hotel/ 3 at an absolute push. The 4 stars they advertise is misleading.

4.0
    BARELY a 2 star hotel.
    • Business Twin Room

Our shower was not draining on Friday. Went all over the "bathroom" floor. The receptionist said it could only be fixed on Monday. Did not give us a different room. There was also no coffee or coffee maker available. NOTHING to do on the property.

Do not stay here.. I am serious

We only stayed there one night, as a pit stop during a road trip and I am glad I did not have to stay another night. First of all, the room was on the 5th floor and the elevator does not go up there, to get there you have to go to floor 4 and then take a TINY spiraling staircase, good thing we only had one small suitcase... The bathroom was in the room including the toilet, there was no door or anything just there in the room, the bathtub was right under the slanted ceiling so to shower you had to sit in the bath to shower... also the bathroom did not feel very clean The bed... was a waterbed! This was not mentioned anywhere, my partner has back problems and this did not help them at all! They also boast to have Sky TV on every room.., they do not, at least in ours, there was no sky... This is a terrible hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone. If I had known that I would have to sit to shower, that the bathroom was in the room, about the elevator, and about the waterbed, I would not have booked this! I am not sure how this is rated as a 4-star establishment...

I did not like anything at this hotel.

A great value in a wonderful city.
    • Business Twin Room

The shower was not for a large person, to say the least.

The staff could not have been more fantastic. The wonderful woman at the front desk on arrival was super helpful. She even gave our dog a piece of ham. Later she gave us ice and glasses so that we could have drinks in our room. The entire place was cozy and they had a wonderful bar. The view of the mountains from our room was awesome. The beds were comfortable.

Clean

There was not a single plug in my room, just the one for tv so I had to disconnect it to be able to charge my phone. And they just give one WiFi password per room even if there are two guest

Clean

Good for the view!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Our room had a bathroom with a glass sliding door which we didn't particularly enjoy, the balcony dividers too were partially see through which was a little strange. The pillows were fairly uncomfortable and most of the TV channels weren't working. We also had trouble getting our room cleaned, which the staff were defensive about.

The room came with a balcony, which was wonderful. There was a view of the mountains that surround Innsbruck and we really enjoyed sitting out there. The room was a good size and offered towels, a TV and a hairdryer. It was nice and quiet for sleeping. There was also a lot of tourist information available, and we had a really friendly check-in experience.

Nightporter was good .

We had suite in the eaves and unfortunately we had so e very noisy people in the room opposite . They were having a party until 2am . I told them to keep the noise down twice but they old kept quiet when we complained to the night porter . Sound proof it’s not very good in the loft rooms . Didn’t get much sleep .

Nightporter was good . We had a problem with noisy neighbours at at 2am he told them to be quiet after I had told them twice

Wonderful
    • Business Single Room

The older lady at the reception is clearly in the wrong profession. She has no empathy, nor even tries to be friendly. There was no lamp at the bed side

The superb view of the mountains

Avoid it if you can and pay a bit more to stay somewhere else.
    • Business Twin Room

First of all the staff and owner attitude was except for one person in general rude and bad. Second, the room is very small and especially for a business twin bedroom not really useable as there is only one power plug right next to the TV set throughout the whole room. Furthermore, there is only a frosted glass sliding door for the bathroom. So please only stay in this room category if you know each other fairly well - don't know how that attributes to being a business room though. Another thing is that there are no tea or coffee making facilities - I know they don't offer it in general - but it should be mandatory for that hotel category. They did offer internet for free for one day (for a stay of two nights) - but unfortunately, the internet did not work at all.

The water pressure in the shower was good. The TV set was large.

It's ok, but they should really improve wi-fi situation
    • Budget Double Room

- Only 1 device can be connected to wi-fi in the room, or you have to pay extra - the lobby is smelly when they cook, which they do pretty often. The smell reaches higher floors corridors as well

It was just ok. Nothing too bad, nothing fantastic.

Nothing, Dirty comb from previous guest in bathroom.

As above.

Nothing, Dirty comb from previous guest in bathroom. No hot water when we arrived, took ages later in evening to become hot. Despite booking a twin/ business room you supposedly only get Internet access for one person, despite booking confirmation saying free wi- fi in rooms!!!!! Receptionist waived additional person charge, but not acceptable! Wi- fi access poor, if I had paid for it would have demanded a refund.

Pleasant and friendly, good stop gap hotel
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Bit on the far side of town for walking to Christmas market but if you can walk for a while it’s ok.

Nice relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff, really helpful. At breakfast, chef went out of her way to help me.

Breakfast was good but it was definitely too early for...
    • Business Single Room

Check out was at 11 and room service opened my door at 10 (without even knocking on the door) to check if the room was empty. Same thing happened again at 10.25. And 10.45. I've paid my room until 11 so I expect to have privacy without someone interrupting me every 15 minutes. Also walls were quite thin so it might get noisy on high-season.

Breakfast was good but it was definitely too early for someone who's on holiday and wants to sleep well. (6.30-9.30) Hotel itself was nice and bathrooms modern.

Convenient stay at Innsbruck with access to public transport
    • Business Single Room

Don't have much to dislike

The location was good with easy access to public transport. Though not at the city center but definitely very accessible and good value for money. The reception desk was friendly and the rooms were tiny but clean. There is cosy bar as well.

Highly recommended a visit to Innsbruck
    • Family Room (3 - 4 Adults)

Our hotel room was a little small for 4 adults and quiet warm as the air-con didn't work well.

Innsbruck is a stunning place surrounded by the mountains. It is clean and easy to get around

Hotel full of noisy English kids who kept their doors open...
    • Deluxe Single Room

Hotel full of noisy English kids who kept their doors open and continually shouted to each other. A small fridge would have been good. Needed to go to ground floor for wi-fi. Far better value elsewhere in Austria.

We had a loft and it was really cool, comfy bed and great...

No door to the bathroom, been completely open was a bit strange

We had a loft and it was really cool, comfy bed and great view for what it was. Reception staff very helpful

It was adequate.

A little bit out of the way... the pictures on the website are deceptive, no air conditioning which in summer isn't great.

It was adequate. I've had better value in better locations, there's nothing within walking distance of this hotel - no restaurants either, but for an overnight it was absolutely fine. We parked motorbikes in the garage too which was very helpful.

Fresh and excellent breakfast , comfy bed
    • Business Twin Room

No Air conditioning, sign says do not open window but very hot in room . Lift so small can only fit 1 person and 1 carry on luggage size bag , so dragging normal luggage bags up and down stairs , baggage trolley doesn't fit into lift with bags and person .could find light switches to turn off bedside lights .can park on street but had to run out and buy a ticket and pay for parking from 9 am

Clean , comfortable bed , excellent variety of food for breakfast and fresh

Room wa adequate.

We could have used an air conditioner. Which did not work. Parking on the street was bad. Car was scratched

Room wa adequate. Not a bad location short walk to tram stop.

good city hotel
    • Business Single Room

stopped off for one night on a motorcycle tour round Austria, friendly staff who spoke good English, good clean and comfortable rooms, onsite underground parking so your bike/car is secure. would gladly stay again

Very friendly helpful staff.
    • Business Twin Room

The room was cramped and in need of refurbishment. It was very basic, more like student accommodation or a budget hostel - not comfortable or uplifting. In fact, rather depressing. The photos and star ratings were very misleading. If we'd seen the room before booking, we wouldn't have stayed. The experience was so disappointing that the next morning we decided to give Innsbruck a miss and go straight to Salzburg.

Very friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Basic no AC no phone to reception.
    • Business Single Room

I paid €30 more for air conditioning that was controlled by a computer at reception. After 30 minutes it basically became a fan and then it stopped working altogether and I had to go down to reception twice to get it turned back on as I was unable to use the phone to call reception. I hit every button on that phone and got nothing. I was unable to call from my cell phone as I didn't have service. I was there for sleep in an air-conditioned room and I did not get it and I was very unhappy as I couldn't sleep in the heat and I had specifically requested an air condition room.

View

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

ok for one night, city center not in walking distance
    • Business Single Room

there's not much to do/see/restaurants in that area, it is more a residential area. bathroom could have been cleaned better (especially the toilet)

The room was cozy, nice view, towels and shower gel provided. quiet area. Staff was absolutely friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Ok for one night
    • Business Single Room

Location is great if you're just making a stopover off the highway. Not so much if you are visiting Innsbruck and want to be near the old town

Bathroom was spotless, room was quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

do not go there if you have other options
    • Budget Double Room

-the parking (not secure, outside on the street, paid, there can be no places left as for us when we came in the evening) -the entrance does not look 4*, would rather tip for 2*(we checked several times the name and address to ensure we came to the right place ), you need to climb stairs with luggage/pram/child or whatever you have -the price (we bought it as a super-value deal for double room, the offer was non-refundable), we hoped to ask for extra-bed for the kid for extra payment or manage with what we got as it was only for 6 hour sleep on the way to Italy. They told us the room is only for 2 people, they cannot break hotel policy and refused to give us a room. We were offered instead another room for DOUBLE price of what we booked and told that they cannot cancel our booking when we showed them the prices for other 4* hotels that were lower of what they offered. With non refundable booking if we go to another hotel we will say goodbye to money we originally booked the room for . We decided to take the room only because it was late evening and we were tired. -the room (strange design, sofa and TV are placed by the same wall, so you cannot watch TV from sofa, only from beds, no space at all, toilet with the glass door! , you should be careful opening it , it is easy to break glass doors especially if you open this on inward and it gets blocked by WC. The bathroom is a glass box (well, for 4 people it can be romantic, but in the room with 4 beds it is weird) -location (there are constructions of the crossroad nearby the hotel)

the receptionist was nice, you can buy beer there late in the evening, our room had a balcony with table/chairs and a view of montain, so if we stay longer (not just for night sleep) we would probably enjoyed it

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Good place to stay for overnight
    • Business Single Room

No kettle or frige in the room. I'd never been to a 4 star hotel without a kettle. The interior of the hall way and the way to the garage need to be upgraded. They look too industrial and dark and I didn't feel comfortable or welcoming. The room is not well insulted and you can hear people talking in the hall way (it was quite loud with drunk people coming back from 2am to 5am). If this was a 3 star hotel, I would have nothing to complain.

Staffs were very friendly and helpful with ski bus and everything else. Big bathroom and modern room.

Breakfast was good, room was clean, but small.
    • Business Twin Room

There are no free wifi in the rooms. Staff was only partially nice. Some of the people were ready to help you, but others - it seemed that they were doing you a fovor and were not very friendly.

Breakfast was good, room was clean, but small.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

- During the last year I stayed there four or five times and...
    • Budget Double Room

- No free WiFi in the room, I would expect this als standard these days, but LTE works fine in the area. - Not easy to find a parking spot.

- During the last year I stayed there four or five times and had no reason for any complaint whatsoever. - Also good value for the money, therefore it will be very likely my choice again.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Close to the main station.
    • Business Single Room

Some high frequency noise. I suppose it was the fire alarm.

Close to the main station. Clean and spacious room for a single person. Friendly staff and nothing to complain.

We stayed at "Suite", but there was no shower room.
    • Suite

We stayed at "Suite", but there was no shower room. It was connected as one entire room and separated by a wall. It was not comfortable to take shower and go to toilet.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Good for Short Stay
    • Business Twin Room

Paying 15 Euro for breakfast is like too much. Also, they offer FREE WiFi in room only to direct customers and we have to pay extra as we booked via booking.com. Welcome was not so good as they were treating my like suspect. Prices are high and that even without breakfast and Wifi.

Location was perfect just 5-7 mins away from main station via public transport and easy to find. Staff was good and cooperative but was less interested to help us to plan our day. Room was clean and tidy. They allowed me to check-in before time which really helped a lot.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

The staff was extremely friendly and they had a good variety...
    • Family Room (3 - 4 Adults)

The room was not kid friendly. There were no locks on the bathroom doors and the swung or slid open. They were also made of glass. My 2 year old wanted to play with them constantly. Also he was able to open the main door to the room.

The staff was extremely friendly and they had a good variety for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

for a city in the province-innsburck is too expensive
    • Business Single Room

no breakfast inclided in the offere of booking .com- extra pay of € 15.-...too much/expensive foir what they offered extra pay for internet on the room

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

1. Romantic room (loft) with all conveniences, combination...

1. Romantic room (loft) with all conveniences, combination shower/bath and panoramic views. Ideal for couples. 2. Excellent breakfast with hot dishes, vegetables and DIY freshly squeezed orange juice. 3. Friendly, helpful service 4. Moderately priced bar menu

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The view was great, location was good

Single beds

The view was great, location was good

Nice place to stay..
    • Business Twin Room

Balcony area overlooking at alps

Friendly staff, clean, excellent breakfast for about $17.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Self check in outside the entrance.

Friendly staff, clean, excellent breakfast for about $17.00/ person.

View, breakfast, 24 hours reception, comfy bed.
    • Business Single Room

I saw a manager shouting an employee. They did not clean the room while I stayed for 2 nights.

View, breakfast, 24 hours reception, comfy bed.

Rooms need AC.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Rooms need AC. Rooms are quite small and hard to navigate. But area is quiet at night.

To me, this wasnt a 4 star hotel at all..
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Room was not clean. Weird door to bathroom - you couldnt close the door or lock it. WiFi didnt work at all.

Ok, but a bit boring
    • Business Single Room

Perfectly correct place, but the bed was hard, and the room very warm, no AC,

Affordable hotel in Innsbruck

1. Friendly staff 2. Room was spacious enough 3. Really clean

Very good for its price.
    • Business Single Room

Wifi in the room only for one device. I didn't know there was Hotels still doing this...

Very good for its price.

no AC

Really kind staff, nice rooms and beds

clean and good alpsview.

clean and good alpsview.

Perfect place for vacation. Innsbruck is very beautiful and quiet city.
    • Business Twin Room

Strange WiFi politics. Each customer have own password. Why? Last day our Wifi not working.

Good location. Great view. Superb public transport.

Close enough to the city centre for sightseeing on foot and exceptionally good value for price.
    • Business Twin Room

Contrary to the description on booking.com the parking was free only on non-working days.

Everything except my one dislike.

Disappointing.
    • Business Single Room

Room tiny. Bedside table tiny. No room to read or write. Bed small and against wall. Certainly no room for extra bed.

Shower good. TV good.

Good value, bit of a walk from Train station
    • Business Twin Room

Wifi was marginal, had to keep registering each day

Staff at reception were helpful

Small, old disagnier room

The room is clean

Way too expensive

The room is clean

• Business Twin Room

Location. I like the mountains view from our room. And a walking distance to the bus station.

I'd stay there again
    • Business Single Room

Very welcoming staff, nice room- I've asked for the blue one and I've got it) Super close to Ambras castle and nice view.

Good but not enough to make me come again

WiFi and heater

Breakfast was good

the hotel was spotlessly clean
    • Deluxe Single Room

would have liked option of evening meals made available.

the hotel was spotlessly clean

Cleaness&The toilet
    • Business Twin Room

Please install a door for the shower place! The water keeps coming out!

Cleaness&The toilet

Easy to park in the area at any time, great breakfast offer
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Might be due to Christmas time but price was a bit high. for the rest, great location!

Easy to park in the area at any time, great breakfast offer

Comfortable and clean.

Wifi bad connection

Comfortable and clean. Good location.

Good for a ski holiday
    • Business Twin Room

heater didn't get very hot, long walk to the innercity

Bar onsite

Average

Wifi doesn't work

Price

Only stayed one night but met our needs perfectly

Only stayed one night but met our needs perfectly

20 minuets walk to old city buildings fantastic .
    • Business Twin Room

20 minuets walk to old city buildings fantastic .

very bad way to spend 100 Eur, 50 Eur would be ok
    • Deluxe Single Room

The smell in the toilette, the low quality of -more or less- everythink

the wi-fi connection is ok

Beautiful setting, awesome breakfast

Beautiful setting, awesome breakfast

Beautiful City
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Some far from the centre town

Excellent Hotel in a Incredible City. Its a big deal for travellers

Innsbruck.... NOT !!!!

No AC, high temperatures and very uncomfortable. Spiral stairs to attic room hard to negoatiate

Worth it!
    • Business Single Room

Should have WiFi in the rooms, included in price

Easy connection to city; all essentials included

Staff was very rude, only one baby chair, breakfast was poor.

Staff was very rude, only one baby chair, breakfast was poor. It doesn't seem like 4 star. Only one small Lift.