Reviews of Rogner Bad Blumau 4 stars

Bad Blumau 100, 8283 Bad Blumau, Austria

#6 of 6 hotels in Bad Blumau

Ok relaxing stay
    • Friedensreich Double Room

For new arrivals - especially foreigners - it really lacks explanation on what is where on the property, and how it works (for instance info on walks nearby or on how the sauna system is expected to be used, which is very Austrian). Also not all staff speaks good English, and the daily bulletin with the schedule of activities is in English only. The staff is polite but often not around when you need them. Also the many doors towards the pool area were inexplicably locked, and it was not marked which door is open - so it takes a lot of walking around to figure that out. Also the garage system is counterintuitive and difficult to figure out upon arrival. Food ranging from good to very mediocre on our first evening.

Exceptionally clean, cute architecture submerged in greenery, polite staff, nice surroundings. Lovely breakfast with many fresh juices and a lot of local produce. Pleasant pools, could use some expanding though. Not overcrowded though. Everyone nice to our baby and a good crib provided in a spacious room, if somewhat minimally furnished.

A very enjoyable stay with no negatives.
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Perhaps a few more designated walks near the property - organised walks say in the afternoon would have been variety for someone there for a week or more.

The swimming and bathing pools, the sauna. Buffet meals were wholesome and good but not extravagant. They did no become monotonous even though I was there for 9 days. Mi wife and I stayed 3 years ago and it had not changed.

The spa facilities are exceptional, the outdoor swimming...
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Not every room has the same level/comfort in the same price cathegory (e.g. a room looking to the forest on the ground floor, vs. a room on the second floor with view of the Hundertwasser architecture/buildings.

The spa facilities are exceptional, the outdoor swimming pool and thermal water even in winter conditions to enjoy. Friendly staff, good food, cleanliness. The unique style of Hundertwasser.

Nice place, but the service doesn't catch up.
    • Friedensreich Double Room

The attitude of receptionist was terrible, very aloof and unhelpful. Poor English speaking capacity, and even refuse to communicate in English. Also when I was checking out, the receptionist allowed a German-speaking lady to cut in the line right in front of me, which was absolutely ridiculous.

It's a nice design of Hundertwasser, and the facilities are quite complete.

Architecture is unforgettable.
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Furniture in rooms is getting old. Wi-fi is slow and unstable. Free drinks excluded from prepaid dinner is simply greed.

Architecture is unforgettable. SPA area is fantastic. Breakfast is very good. Free parking onsite.

Beautiful spa place
    • Friedensreich Double Room

We ordered transfer from Graz hotel, specifying exactly Ibis budget hotel as pick up place Had to call twice to reception as for some reason driver went to other Ibis.That was a dissapointing 30 minutes as we start to worry if anyone at all is coming?! All ended well but I think paying to accuracy on fetails would be considered more from prople responsible for transfer.

Polite staff, great recreational facilitues, excellent food.

Almost everything was perfect.

The bed was too soft.

Almost everything was perfect. The staff was polite and helpful, many speaks our mother tongue, Hungarian. The building is like a house from a fairy tale.

The spa facilities themself were amazing and the design was...
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

The buffet dinner included in the half board was quite mediocre. It was quite expensive to stay - it was worth it for the experience but if I was to return I think staying at a cheaper nearby hotel and just paying for spa access might be my preferred option.

The spa facilities themself were amazing and the design was incredible. Staff were all friendly.

Overrated, can't understand the rave reviews.
    • Friedensreich Double Room

As a hot spring it is very overrated. Dinner was very average. Reception was disorganised and at checkout reception staff were rude and aggressive.

Breakfast was good. Transfer drivers and table staff were good.

Overall excellent
    • Friedensreich Double Room

Did not like that people are allowed to smoke in bar area so we could not go in and enjoy the nice live music, very unpleasant and known to be cancer causing, hope they stop this soon , as we would like to go back.

Fabulous spa and fabulous food. Best for couples of all ages. I liked that there are not focused on kids and teenagers ( nothing much for them here ), so it was peaceful and relaxing. Helpful and charming staff.

Must be there at least once in your life
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Only small things: missing rubber sealing in the shower, no English description of foods, information is mainly written only in German.

The buildings and the environment is beautiful. Breakfast and dinner are extremely delicious, wide variety of food. Spa (indoor and outdoor) is really super, lot of pools, no crowd. Open till 11 p.m. :-)

Wonderful time at Rogner Bad Bumau.

Didnt like leaving.

We had the best time here. We loved exploring - everything is connected and so many beautiful views and gardens. We loved the Sauna - sign up for special infusions etc. the food was excellent with many different dining options. We went to see the Architecture by Hundertwasser and were not let down as every surface is embellished and in harmony...and yet we were enchanted by all the extra thought that made it a wholistic experience for every guest. The staff were magnificent and helped us out a lot as we only speak English language.

Great facility but service friendliness can be improved.
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Restaurant staff was unfriendly , esp rude was Adam Rezneki, even when we were the only guests, and emphasized at one or other request that "my colleague does that, that's not my job". Why would i as a guest care about their role division?! If something is another colleague's job then please inform this colleague!

Location, spa area, saunas (sanarium), architecture

Good leisure trip
    • Friedensreich Double Room

No mosquito nets on the window - I was bitten by mosquitoes an awful lot. I would appreciate a Russian speaking person from the staff - was difficult to get all the necessary information.

The surroundings were nice, good facilities an friendly staff.

Wonderful
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

The staff do not tell you when you arrive that there are classes on that you have to book. Ask at reception what is on and how to book.

The entire complex is beautiful.

A spa and resort hotel worth staying for 2 days or more!
    • Friedensreich Double Room

No air-conditioning. I asked for a fan that the receptionist misunderstood but the houskeepers (most are very yong) knew immediately. Room is very basic and not fancy.

Free shuttle to and from the train station. You may either call earlier (like me, one day ago) or use the phone at the train station. Most people drive. Large landscape. Pools are OK but not very entertaining. Whirpools are better but not many people use. Air jets are way too strong for me. I believe it is not suitable for the elderly. Many tea bags, instant cofees in the room and re-filled everyday. I got a room with two windows on the third floor. Buffet breakfast and dinner are of many choices and large portion. I liked that they required smart casual dress code for the main dining room. Table setting is very classy, too. Staff are generally nice and helpful. I tried a belly massage (30 min) at the spa but it is quite strange that the massage room is not close to the spa reception and you need to take some time to find it. The massage is fine but not of top class. On the day I leave, the driver take me to the train station and it is easy to take a train running to the opposite direction as there is only one track there. The driver signalled me not to take the one and waited for me until I boarded the right train. Thank you!!

Excellent resort.
    • Friedensreich Double Room

Many staffs speak German only, not English. Many signs and instruction are also German only. No air condition in the room and it's very hot in summer.

Excellent resort. Very artistic design by Hundertwasser. Relax and have lots of fun.

the design
    • One-Bedroom Apartment - Annex

The receptionist insisted bluntly that we needed to pay for the third person even though i told her we paid already n found it unnecessary to apologize after she found out herself being wrong, a poor welcome !

the design

The breakfast buffet is substantial.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment - Annex

The breakfast buffet is substantial. Service and food in the steak restaurant were fantastic - plus: the outside terrace is really nice. In general, the blooming trees and flowers amidst Hundertwassers architecture make for a very beautiful setting.

Very beautiful area!
    • Friedensreich Double Room

Personal lost our reservation. It was only one instead of two rooms. Bicycle is very expensive -9 euros per 4 hours. It was very hot - no fans, no conditioner in the room. For such a big price 275 euros any bottle of water provided!. There is a cattle in the room but only ugly chocolate drink.... no coffee. No conditioner in the bath. Shampoo finished after first shower. Serviettes finished ( only two in the box). At check out time card machine didnt work normally. I spent half of hour making final payment. And all time they wright Russland!!! I not Russland!!!!! I am from Ukraine!

Very beautiful area! A lot of different terms. Huge buffet. Bio breakfast.

enjoyable spa vocation hotel
    • Friedensreich Double Room

The location of the hotel is not convenience.

Both buffet breakfast and dinner are great. The waitress of dinner buffet was kind but the one of breakfast buffet was not very helpful. The Spa is great and lovely.

Functional, colorful, playful wonderland
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

The architecture does it all ... you are in wonderland and there's no flaw anywhere in spite of no straight line ... Room size perfect, good food, enough variety, plenty of activities to choose from, decent afternoon choices for a sweet indulgence, olimpic swimming pool. Loved the waves pool.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

I recommend this locations!!
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

I don't have any things to complain !!!

The architecture for the spa!!everything was perfect!even it is a little expensive it worth every penny!!!!!

The dream of a lifetime come true
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Nothing could have been better or more fascinating or comfortable.

Living inside a hundertwasser work of art. Beyond awesome. One of the great art experiences of my life.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Must visit
    • Friedensreich Double Room

Amazing place which is absolutely must visit at least once in your life! Especially in case you love art and nature. The hotel is very unusual. Nice decorated, clean and relaxing. You are welcomed by glass of prosecco what is nice after long driving) Breakfast was enormous rich, healthy and delicious. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Dreamy...
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

I was originally supposed to stay for only one night, but because of snow in Lake Hallstatt and Salzburg I extended my stay to three nights, and I'm so happy I did. The property is so beautiful, and even though I was alone and was possibly the only native English speaker guest there (the staff speaks very good English), I enjoyed my stay SO much. From the thermal pools, to wandering around in my robe and flip flops and discovering all the nooks and crannies of the beautiful property, to the excellent and included (free) breakfast and dinner, and my comfortable room, I was a very happy woman. I also really like the electronic watch they give you that gives you access to your room, lockers by the pools, and the ability to charge your lunch to your room. Also, because I had a rental car I was able to drive around one day and visit the Zotter Chocolate Factory (really worth it, but make a reservation for the tour, even it it's a weekday and you think you don't need it), and Riegersburg Castle (gorgeous!). I had seen a photo of this Hundertwasser designed spa in a magazine when it opened 20 years ago and had dreamed of visiting ever since. It lived up to my expectations...and then some. Hope I will get back there some day!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Wonderful place, wonderful people, wonderful food!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment - Annex

Put better information signs on the neighbourhood roads guiding towards the hotel main entrance as well as inside the area. My GPS brought us to the employees' gate and it took half an hour to figure out how to get to the reception, being navigated by the receptionist :)

Very friendly and professional staff. Excellent food and facilities. My family and I had a really good time there.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Not what we expected
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Not what we were expecting. It was very busy. Chairs everywhere and towels. Not as private as we thought it would be. Didn't realize it would be open to the public.

The volcano pool was great

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Spectacular!
    • Friedensreich Double Room

It's a bit remote, but since you won't want to leave the property, it doesn't really matter

You want a different kind of hotel while still getting 5 star service? This is it!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

No need to mention how brilliant the facilities or pool is...
    • Friedensreich Double Room

No need to mention how brilliant the facilities or pool is in Bad Blauma. Here, I want to thank for the friendly staff. They offered shuttle from the small train station to the hotel (although it's 10-15 minutes by walking, it is not so lovely walking in winter). When I found I lost my new jacket after I left the hotel, they picked me up in the station and sent me back and forward, and looked for my jacket. Really nice service.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Hotel Rogner Bad Blumau was a nice experience
    • Friedensreich Double Room

Reception staff not very friendly. If you arrive before room is ready you get 1 chip to lock one locker for 2 people in the wellness area which is very awkward for a couple with winter shoes, coat,etc...

The bed was fantastic,very comfortable. The room was very acceptable. Wellness area good and can be used till 11pm which was the highlight of our stay. The evening meal was ok as was breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

You can not find better place for relaxing.
    • Friedensreich Double Room

You can not find better place for relaxing. Everything was perfect: room large enough, clean with big and comfort bed. Clean and very comfortable spa with Vulkania where you want stay forever. And the delicious food! We will come back soon.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Excellent.
    • Friedensreich Double Room

That I left the place .. wanted to stay more Nights:)

All was Amazing. Staff, Food, and Service was extraordinary . Spa and Wellness area was comfortable My Anniversary was just unforgettable.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

One of my favorite places on earth
    • Friedensreich Double Room

Got into room very late. But nothing really major to complain about.

One of my favorite places on earth. Great spa facilities. Excellent food .Good wines. A fabulous place to relax.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

the hotel is great, amazingly decorated.
    • Friedensreich Double Room

The only thing that bothered me is that there were no English signs anywhere. During Dinner and Breakfast I needed to double check what is written and what is the food that they serve (since I'm vegetarian) and most of the people do not speak English well. I think they should adapt more to the tourist (since everything in the hotel is in German)

the hotel is great, amazingly decorated. great Food the pools are fantastic!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Relax inside an art work.
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

The Volcano was a dissapointment. Could have added more effects to it.

Great location with medicinal thermal pools. Wonderful place. Architecture was a pure art work.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Amazing SPA experience
    • Friedensreich Double Room

The room was on the small side and the mattresses on the bed were to soft and generally uncomfortable.

Loved the location, meals and spa facilities. They were just superb.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

suitable for family with kids who love pool and spa.
    • Friedensreich Double Room

best designed hotel----beautiful architecture and internal decoration. The whole hotel fits into the surrounding so well. Food is fresh and delicious. we enjoyed everything in the hotel. We also tried their salt spa in the salt cave. it is a very unique experience. plenty of bath robes and towels. we got their by train. we should have called the hotel for them to pick us up from the train stn as it is still quite some walk from stn to hotel. Hotel sent us to train stn with free shuttle after we checked out. We appreciate it.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

10/10 - Amazing Experience!
    • Friedensreich Double Room

One day is too little, i suggest minimum of 2-3 days to truly enjoy.

A very special place, which is extraordinary inside and out, everything was perfect.

Very nice
    • Friedensreich Double Room

The decor, space, location, health aspect, best spa and pool area, good food and spacious room

excellent staff, perfect spa services, fabulous milieu
    • Friedensreich Double Room

Vulkania Fire Dance show was a little bit poor.

excellent staff, perfect spa services, fabulous milieu

We can use already the facilitate even though the room ist...
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

We can use already the facilitate even though the room ist not yet for occupied. Like the weakness area.

It was amazing!
    • Friedensreich Double Room

An additional extra charge above the booking.com price for weekend days.

It was amazing! Vielen dank Herr Rogner! ;)

Excellent vacation

Everything!!!

I loved the organic food, non-dairy alternatives and...
    • Friedensreich Double Room

I loved the organic food, non-dairy alternatives and fragrance-free toiletries. The facilities are wonderful.

Swimming pools , excellent food
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

extremely warm in the rooms even when the temperature went down. Beds not really comfortable

Swimming pools , excellent food

Great design resort with full facilities.
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Great design resort with full facilities. The spa area was huge with various types of pool.

A truly unique, quirky place to stay - a must on any Austrian itinerary
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

The food could be better, but it's OK

Fabulous architecture Wonderful facilities

Perfect for rehabilitation

Bathing.

Lavish breakfast buffet, great spa area, nice comfortable...
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Lavish breakfast buffet, great spa area, nice comfortable and spacious rooms.

Really good environment

Really good environment

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Good place for relaxation
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Dinner and breakfast buffet is awesome and diversity. The bed is comfortable. Spa facilities is excellent. We enjoy the time stay here.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Incredible and inimitable!

Incredible and inimitable!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Hundertwasser masterpiece.

The architecture.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

amazing experience with manufactured design
    • One-Bedroom Apartment - Annex

Spa pool is a bit too deep for my family even though she is adult.

All the structures are merged into nature, and spa is quite well.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Absolutely great!
    • Friedensreich Double Room

WiFi in pool area would be a plus.

Food was excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Surprised us by celebrating a special breakfast with...
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Surprised us by celebrating a special breakfast with champagne for my Husband's birthday as well as a mini-cake. Lovely place!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Amazing design

Nothing to complain about

design, access to the spa, quality of the food. My stay was too short but long enough to make sure I'll come back .

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Perfect

It was a perfect stay.

The staff was very attentive and the food was amazing. Hope to come back soon.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Steak-Restaurant, die ganze Therme

Steak-Restaurant, die ganze Therme

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

A "must go". We like traveling. You rarely have the pleasure of staying at a place like Bad Blumau
    • Kunsthaus Double Room

Everything. It's an amazing and unique place.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

The building is beautiful to look at, everywhere you look...

A somewhat rude receptionist when we first arrived. She asked if this was our first time here, I answered yes, and she then drew a line on a map, and said walk here and here. It was approx ten minutes walk away from main building, with heavy suitcases. Luckily the taxi driver was more aware of good protocol than she was. Other receptionists were better on other days. We were unlucky.

The building is beautiful to look at, everywhere you look there is something gorgeous to notice.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

The staff were great.

British travellers should be aware that the locals are unfriendly, but that's probably our Prime Minister's fault. Soft drinks could conceivably be included at dinner time.

The staff were great. Thomas is an exceptionally knowledgeable therapist with an excellent command of medical vocabulary. The food is good too, with nothing too pretentious.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

warm outdoor hot spring pool, big indoor pool area, natural...

slow internet and sometimes unavailable, not all staff are warm or well trained

warm outdoor hot spring pool, big indoor pool area, natural and fantastical design, organic food

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

The spa would have been nice if it was cleaner and not so...

Bandaids and diaper swimming in the pool, no fruits besides apples in entire hotel, no place to sit in spa as it is full

The spa would have been nice if it was cleaner and not so overpacked with people

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

A wonderful place to relax.

Everything was fancy and creative except the dinners (I had a half-board). They were just normal. But you can find something fancy for additional cost.

A wonderful place to relax. Great service and beautiful interior.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

Great atmosphere, nice enviroment.

We would have preferred a free choice Silvester menu. When we have received the only delicious course, we weren't hungry any more.

Great atmosphere, nice enviroment.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Nothing surprising, everything matching the hotel...

Probably the most unpleasant staff we found in all the 6 hotels we were in Austria. Specially in the restaurant, where we tried to speak 4 different languages to find a common language to communicate (ok, I don't speak german, bu I speak other 4, and I don't work in tourism, shouldn't they speak at least 2...?!), but some of the staff kept replying in german to our questions, and we only managed to get a menu in english because we accidentally saw one in another table. Also, the flyers and information (in the reception, in the room and in the swimming pools) with the Hotel rules, opening times of facilities, group activities and access rules are all in german. Or maybe there are some in other languages but we weren't lucky to be given any...! Very difficult to move around and find your way like this. Feels very unprofessional and very unpleasant when you can't read anything and also cannot ask, since no one will be able (or willing) to answer back.

Nothing surprising, everything matching the hotel description.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Absolutely outstanding design, wonderful spa experience and...

Absolutely outstanding design, wonderful spa experience and really good and healthy food. I would definitely recommend anyone to be there. Just a pity it was only one day.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Everything, specially the local,seasonal,organic produce;

Location:very beautiful, but difficult to reach by public transport

Everything, specially the local,seasonal,organic produce; the Ayurveda treatment; the architecture; the natural environment; kindness of staff; the relaxed atmosphere; the care given to the whole ambience and the food.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The staff were extremely knowledgeable about gluten-free...

This is the most expensive spa in the region, but it's so unique, that you almost don't mind.

The staff were extremely knowledgeable about gluten-free meal options, providing us with a list of foods that were gluten-free. The thermal spa and sauna can't be beat.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

splendid location,architecture,excellent room service,...

splendid location,architecture,excellent room service, efficient staff, amazing food, drinks, everything in bio or organic quality during our whole stay.Fully equipped spa resort with positive minded staff.An ideal place to relaxing. No complaints at all.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Great pools, great buffet

it is a pity the restaurant a la carte Where to dine wearing the bathrobe Got much worse compare to last year, we missed the joy of a swim right after dinner

Great pools, great buffet

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

I like the Pools & Spa facilities.

No air conditioning & rooms are stuffy no air , I didn't open the main door cos of Mosquitos , only widow had mesh net curtain,

I like the Pools & Spa facilities.

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.