Reviews of Hotel Parco di Schönbrunn Vienna City 4 stars

Ratschkygasse 32, 12. Meidling, 1120 Vienna, Austria

#249 of 327 hotels in Vienna

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Its not a 4 star hotel its a 2 star

Definitely not a 4 star hotel, doesn't have any of the facilities needed to be a 4 star hotel. For a 2 star its ok, rooms are big and relatively clean. But the security in the hotel is lacking they are leaving all the rooms open on every floor, which means that any one could steal anything from any hotel room, because they only have 1 cleaning lady but she opens all the hotel rooms at once. There is no elevator but only one single staircase and when you go by all the open rooms you can see all the luggage and other stuff from the guest in that rooms. So dont leave anything you dont want to get stolen in your room. Also the breakfast is not big and you dont have so much variate. Definitely not worth the money for a 4 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

We don't regret staying here
    • Classic Double Room

Room was cleaned even if we hanged the "do not disturb" sign on the door (we stayed just 2 nights, so we didn't feel like they should waste the time & energy cleaning it before checkout).

Not sure what we did, but we got an upgrade on our room and it was perfect for our honeyweek :) Breakfast was, as others described, not too varied, but was enough to get us through till lunch time. We parked in front of the hotel and they later took our car in the garage. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A tad far from the subway stations (maybe 12 min walk), but not an inconvenience

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Beds were comfortable.
    • Villa

There was a bath in the apartment but no plug. There was a sauna in the apartment but this was not working. We couldn't find any staff on duty in the evening. Would have been good to have a kettle etc in the apartment. Had to ask for more bath towels as only 1 in room and there were 3 of us.

Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good, Staff were friendly. Nice to have a sitting room.

At least one star too much, maybe even two
    • Double Room for Single Use

Just does not meet expectations for a 4 star hotel at all. Rooms do not look nice, the furniture is very old, very small TV. It's just not comfortable at all. And probably the worst breakfast I ever had in central Europe: Bread was old and not tasty, eggs were cold. In general very small selection of pretty much anything. The dining room is the same room as the reception and is quite dark as well. I was happy I only stayed for one night.

Location was ok, relatively close to the train station, metro and bus lines. Room was large and clean.

Great stay
    • Classic Double Room

Weak Wi-Fi signal in our room.

Great value for a price. We (couple) got free room upgrade, so we were accommodated in suite with three large rooms. Rooms were clean. Receptionist was speaking fluent English and was very helpful. We arrived about 20:00 for one night stay, so we parked in front of the hotel for free, where is no parking zone in daytime. Breakfast was good, great coffee.

Location- you can experience the real Vienna whilst being a...
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

The boiler for several rooms was in our suite and it was quite noisy at night.

Location- you can experience the real Vienna whilst being a short walk from the Schonbrunn Palace. Our early check-out was no problem and we enjoyed an early breakfast before departure.

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff made for an enjoyable stay in an excellent hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

There is nothing to dislike about this excellent place.

Spacious, comfortable and clean rooms. Excellent breakfast. Super friendly and helpful staff. Easy walking distance to Schönbrunn and local transport links. An ideal place for families and groups of friends.

Rooms were very spacious and very clean.
    • Villa

A snack bar with drinks on site would maybe be nice.

Rooms were very spacious and very clean. Lovely courtyard for breakfast. Ideal location for where we needed to be on this visit.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Not 4 stars, max 3 stars!
    • Business Suite with Free Parking

No aircon! Only a fan. Not much "business" over this room - an old worn out sofa and a low sofa table but only one lamp in the ceiling. In the bedroom a small desk with an armchair, and one lamp in the ceiling - not suitable for business/work. Only poor guiding to how to get to the center of Vienna, but location is ok. Parking is 5 mins driving from the hotel, not at the premises. Only one circular staircase to the rooms. Breakfast was ok, but not impressive.

We booked a business room = an extra room, but not at a high standard.

A pleasant and comfortable stay at Hotel Parco di Schonbrunn. Thank you.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

The only drawback was that there was only one toilet between the 6 of us in a two bedroom suite but we managed somehow. :)

We were not sure as what to expect from Hotel Parco but were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality of the owners and also the courteous and always smiling staff. The breakfast was a good spread of continental variety and they also provided cooked breakfast which was a plus. The place is very homely and spacious. And although there are no lifts they managed to get our big heavy bags up to our rooms and bring them down on check out.

It was completely unfair.
    • Classic Double Room

They do not speak in English, only German. They charged my card without my confirmation, although I wanted to pay in cash from the beginning, but they did not let me do this.

Not a 4-star hotel

Almost everything was a dissapoinment for a 4-star hotel, rather this is like a b&b. No air-conditioning, strangely looking blue liquid which should be used as soap, body wash and shampoo - 3 in 1 and does not work. No other toiletries. No teapot, no snacks in the minibar, the minibar is not replaced. No shower screen, so everything around is wet. Tiny toilet. The breakfast is served in the same small room where the reception is located.

This hotel is located near the Schönbrunn palace (15 minutes by walk) and 10 minutes to the nearest station. The neighborhood is very quiet. Spacious rooms. Nice сourtyard. Rather convinient breakfast with some choice of cold meat and cheese, eggs and stuff.

Horrible, crampy room for double occupancy.
    • Classic Double Room

Horrible, crampy room for double occupancy. Some of the staff were quite rude. The pictures posted on booking.com did not match the actual experience. Ordinary breakfast. Not recommended.

We are cheated . It 's not 4 stars hotel.

No elevator, not enough light in the room , room is cold, couldn't find heater in bath room , toilet, desk , no drinking water in the room, cold wooden floor and there is not slipper so visitors walk on cold floor. Breakfast is very simple and not much.

Young man who try to do his best to service visitors .

Not really worth the stars but good location
    • Business Suite with Free Parking

There was trash on the hallway, tossed behind some furniture. The room had a bathtub but no plug for the tub. There is no way of knowing where to go for the check-in-- I've entered the hotel but there was nobody there, reception was written on the wall but there was no desk or personnel, an employee saw me through the window and came to lead me to the reception which is across the yard. There were stains on the linens, poor internet connection and no way to hang the coat, except for the wall hangers in the bathroom. The receptionist put our car key in another room's key pocket.

Nice location, close to the palace

Overall experience was quite poor, Dont book! I do NOT think I would choose to stay there again
    • Double Room for Single Use

Booking was for a double bed for single person and I made sure the bed was luxury but they gave a petty very small duvet with one ridiculous pillow to one side of bed to make it for single use 2/10 awful The bed sheet was not clean and has stain on 2/10 The room was large but the facility in it was very poor 2/10 They changed towels only once for 3 night stay! 1/10 Lighting for room was low in my opinion 6/10 Hair dryer was very small with very low power 5/10 The staff does not speak English! for a 4 star hotel at least you expect they understand few simple words of English 4/10 Breakfast can be improved massively. Their hot water kettle did not work properly and most of time was empty and you needed sign language for them to understand the kettle needed filling. They did not even understand two words of water and empty in English! quantity of break fast was large but quality was quite poor 5/10

The Room was large 7/10 The key for the room door worked also for the Hotel entrance door 10/10 The small fridge had water and drinks in it 10/10 WiFi was high speed 6/10 Location was near I wanted it 10/10

Relaxing and expensive in town
    • Classic Double Room

I will try to be brief. According to the period Feb the price was really cheap for 4 nights with breakfast included and the room was (35 m2). They could use a refreshener in the toilets and thicker matres *but thas just me*. The size of the bed was awesome. It was a bit weird with hot wather since the preasure wasnt hard but ok not critical :). The location is great, just 5 min to the metro and part of town which is very expensive. The fast food near by like 5 min from the hotel was excelente :). The hotel offers a garage wich i would recomende since the parking in the area is a problem. Its only 15 eur/day and they take and bring the car back. Breakfast could be a bit colorfull but as a tourist its fine. You wont be hungry :). As for the english 3 people speak it and other 2 with the owner *i guess* speak German, so some basic knowledge would come in handy :). For the transfer i recomende daily or 2,3 days Vienna ticket wich includes free transport of any kind to any area for the time being.

Very nice place to stay!
    • Classic Double Room

Only inconvienint is the Parking, not in the location, but after 19 o clock until 10 am next morning you can park in front of the Hotel for free. For me which I was in Wien until 19.00 saved me 15 Euros.

The breafast was very good. Very good salad, bread and ham.

First when I read the rewies I was sceptic about this place,...
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast was ok, but it was almost over at 9.20 o”clock, although clients still came to eat. They shoul improve that.

First when I read the rewies I was sceptic about this place, until i”ve checked in. The receptionist was very nice and knows very good english. The owner speaks italian very well. The rooms are very clean and very big. The owner welcomed us, and gave us the keys from the front door and specified us that if we come late at night we should open the door ourselves, which I don”t consider a problem. The hotel is situated very close to the Schondrunn palace,(10min walk)on a quiet street. Near the hotel you can find a park spot easily. Overall it was very good. The rooms are very big and clean. Bus station across the corner. Good value.

I was told the breakfast is from 7am;
    • Classic Double Room

I was told the breakfast is from 7am; at 7:05am I wanted to check-out but the reception was closed and breakfast was non-existent. After a few minutes a lady showed up and I could do the check-out. They didn't even bother to give me back the change. Although, the lady tried to comfort me with a package which appeared to be a croissant :)

The hotel is ok but it does not deserve 4 stars.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

The location is not 7 minutes away from Schönbrunn! to get to the entrance or sightseeing bus it will take you 20 minutes; to walk to the first U Bahn station it will also take you at least 15 minutes. The land lady is too friendly, meaning pushy with constant questions: is everything ok five times at one breakfast.

All five beds were in one "apartment". It was very clean.

Nightmare in Vienna
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

This hotel is a joke. It is a 2-star hotel and not a 4-star hotel. The lobby is just an entrance to a regular private property. The personell has their own private clothes while working and one of them was wearing a tracksuite. There is nobrestaurant, no bar, no pool. The breakfast is poor with just a few alternatives given. There are 4 tables in the dining part. I am wondering what would happen if the hotel was fully booked... where would the guests be seated? There is no elevator - 3 floors in the hotel and we got our room on level 3. We have 2 small kids so this was a problem. The door to the bathroom was broken with a whole in the middle. No safety box. The mini bar was poor and it looked like somebody had thrown in the bottles in the fridge. The bathroom is partly furnished with klinker plates not all the way up to the roof. There was no glass for toothbrushes so we had ours in a plastic bag. The doors to the shower was broken so that every time you opened and closed them you had to hear a squeak. The beds were very uncomfortable and we all had hard sleeping in them. There was some information to the guests which was taped on the walls, like information about luggage and to not put it on the sofa and information about penalty fees if you smoke in the room. No room service available. I tried to cancel our 2-day stay after the first night but got declined by the hotel staff saying that I should contact Booking.com. When I contacted Booking.com I got the information that it only could be cancelled by the hotel and when Booking.com tried to contact the hotel nobody answered their calls. After a few hours they did answer and the hotel said they couldn't cancel. I paid 170 euros per night through Booking.com. The hotel is charging 220 euros if you book through them. This amount is of course high and doesnt make any sense at all. I am wondering how this hotel got 4 stars...

Stuff was helpful.

Some complications to get final invoice, but resolved.

Stuff was helpful. The room was large (in fact appartment) and cosy, wifi connection reliable. Although parking is not possible directly in the hotel, the stuff fetches car to the nearby garage by themselves.

Not recommended.
    • Classic Double Room

On our departure, we payed for our room at breakfast (the breakfast area is in the same location as the hotel's reception). A bit later when we were leaving and brought the room key to the reception, the owner lady very rudely accused us of wanting to leave without paying for our stay. She did this without checking first or at least giving us the benefit of the doubt that we are telling the truth. Very rude, this is not appropriate behavior for someone who's running a hotel. Would not go back, nor recommend to anyone staying there. Vienna is full with good hotels where you are treated with respect. Choose one of those.

Vienna.

Great place!!! Highly recommend!!!
    • Classic Double Room

Should have a computer for the guests to access internet. Because sometimes you can not do everything in your mobile phone

The room was big! The place is so quiet at night! The breakfast was delicious! The staff was very kind!!!

I did not recommended
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

The room was cold. He heat doesn't work

The main Thing is that nobody speak English, after 7 pm there's nobody at the reception. We wanted to go around with the car, they keep the key and we couldn't get out. We to,d them not to enter and clean the room and they did.

Pleasant stay away from the hustle and bustle of Vienna's city center!!
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi was a bit inconsistent but that is really the only thing I could complain about.

This property is about 3km or a short 15 minute cab ride outside the city center of Vienna and only a 10-15 minute walk to Schoenbrunn Palace. There was a slight language barrier but we managed and the employees were very accommodating. There is laundry right across the street which was nice to have done while traveling. Price is affordable. Safe neighborhood.

Stay here for the value and location only. No frills.
    • Classic Double Room

When I made the booking in July I sent a message through the booking.com webiste asking whether or not they offered shuttle service from the airport which was never answered by the staff. This was disappointing. When my husband and I arrived, we were early and left our bags until the room was ready. We were greeted by a woman who was quite abrupt in her manner and not very welcoming but then a young man came over to help and told us the bags would be put in our room once cleaned. At that time, we were not issued keys because it was too early. When we returned, we wanted to officially check in and get our keys but we were told by the same abrupt woman that we had already been issued our keys. Obviously, we were distressed because we had not been provided with our keys and did not know what was going on. Once again, the kind young man came to the rescue and was able to check us in and provide us with keys. He also was able to help us with maps and directions which we appreciated. The staff seems at best unorganized which admittedly is not fatal but does leave a traveler not feeling very confident.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable - an excellent value. The neighborhood is quiet which is nice. Walkable to Schronnburg Park and Castle which is also nice. I appreciated the availability of vegetarian breakfast foods such as cereal and fruit. I would like to request soya milk for the future for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan.

The hotel is flawless.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is flawless. The staff is unique in their way of presenting themselves, it was like walking on the set of the Austrian version of Fawlty Towers.

Clean but not practical location for city center.

The location is not good for family if you want to be in the center. It takes about 1½ - 2 hrs to walk to the old city. The breakfast was not much to write home about and very sparse. There was no tea/coffee making facilities in room. The description of the hotel mentioned slippers and some other toiletries that were not in the room.

Staff very friendly. Very clean. Shuttle tax was arranged (cost 50 Euros one way from airport to hotel).

Super hotel
    • Classic Double Room

We came very late at night and staff was very nice for us. Everything was perfect, highest standards of accomdation. Amazing staff, Alexandra was very friendly and helpfull. Thanks for weekend.

Decent value for money (considering it's expensive Vienna!)
    • Double Room for Single Use

Bed is huge, and very comfy! Room is very large and spacious. Shower strong with good temperature. WiFi strong. Very quiet and clean rooms in a very peaceful area of Vienna. Breakfast is ample, great considering it's in with the price!

Terrible hotel for business trip
    • Double Room for Single Use

1. The room I got didn't match the one I've booked. 2. Most part of the staff, including manager, doesn't speak English at all. 3. WiFi is just terrible. 4. Breakfast is not in time. 5. Hotel is in sub-kultur part of the city, dangerous.

The only thing one could like regarding this property is cleanliness.

I don't like anything.
    • Double Room for Single Use

The stuff was terrible. I booked a single room but when I went there, it turns out there is no available single room. I stayed with my coulig in the family room with sharing the bathroom. The wifi was terrible. The breakfast was not ready at proper time. It should be available from 7 am, but at that time there isn't ready anything. Even at 7:30 there wasn't ready. This hotel can't be 4 star hotel. Never. I'm deeply disappointed.

I don't like anything.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

nice hotel for a family

lack of restaurant

was a great place where to live in and staff were magnificent. there is no restaurant this isnt so good. i really enjoyed with my family

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Well run hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Not much in the immediate location. Local bus from the train station to the nearest underground passes the hotel.

Good size room. Comfortable bed. Helpful staff. Breakfast was good quality, but not a lot of variety.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great clean hotel with friendly staff for one or more nights!
    • Double Room for Single Use

Wifi was a little weak for talking on facetime, but generally quite good.

Very clean and neat rooms. Very friendly staff. Parking included concierge service!

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

All well except for a personal bad experience.
    • Double Room for Single Use

The east European(Serbian/Croatian I guess) lady in the hotel(not sure if it was the owner or manager) was quite strange with me( a brown skinned Guy)! I had a pizza box when checking in, she shows an outside area and tells me I have to throw the box there!!!! I was like isn't there a garbage box in the room?Then she says yes, but throw in here!!!! Then she shows me the room and takes a pillow from the bed and blanket from the closet without asking me if I would like an extra pillow. (Later I notice the pillow was too thin and had a hard time sleeping). Finally in the morning breakfast I finish breakfast as she was also there I greeted her saying bye and see you(Bis Später!!), then she asks in broken english "Money" I was not too happy then. Because The amount was already paid. But she could have asked differently or later when I checkout. Not immediatly after I finish the breakfast. P.S: Someone may think that there was a language barrier there. But there wasn't any. I was taking in German with her and my German Skills are Sufficient enough for the situation described above.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Perfect for Wien
    • Classic Double Room

Location very close to Schonbrun and close to the center of district, very good price an nice staff, very helpful. The parking is not free, it is into a garage located in an other place, not near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Nice suite in Vienna
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

We went to have breakfast 20 minutes before closing. The cleaning lady kept rushing us. She even asked for the keys to our suite, even though our check out was scheduled one and a half hour later! Because of the hurry we ended up having a haphazard and stressful breakfast.

Big suite. Comfortable. The staff who welcomed us in the evening was very nice!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

This in NOT a 4**** Hotel! It's a nice Guest House... The price is not consistent with the place.
    • Classic Double Room

Bad Internet signal. Tight breakfast room, shared with reception hall. No internal connection between rooms and breakfast room and reception. No Recepcionist on the front door after after 21h. Very reduced staff in spite of being helpful all times.

Spaced rooms and bathrooms, good heating, and big beds.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Quiet and nice place
    • Classic Double Room

The internet connection was awful once evening. The hotel is quite far from center, but near the metro station

Beautiful cosy rooms with old fashionable furniture

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

I would not recommend!! Please be careful!!!
    • Classic Double Room

Unpleasent personnel especially I think owner! I stayed there two times and no more!! In both situations I had a problems: -With accomodation - when I arrived hotel was closed nobody was at the reception desk and I had to wait 20 minutes than somebody opened (not answering the phone, no reaction on ringing the bell), they mixed arraving dates and duration of stay with other people - total mess!!! Only one lady at the reception was really nice and helpful, but other guy total disaster!!! - With recieving invoices i tooks 2 weeks to get it!!! - And finally with room - last day my personal belongings (without giving me information) were moved to room of my collegue with adnotation please give back the key to the my room on the reception desk - but I paid for all night which I spent in this hotel sic!!!! - no sharing the room!!!! Of course I did not give it back before departure!!!!! BE AWARE OF THIS HOTEL!!!! - No warm dishes during breakfast.

Close to the office - 20 minutes walking distance.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great value for money.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Underground parking is located about 1km away from the property, but the hotel driver gets you there whenever needed.

Great value for money. Exceptionally good coffee for breakfast. Staff very, very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

3 poor nights in vienna

The room was a bit dingy and needed brightening up and re-decorating, the room light where the bed was located had a switch in the entrance part but not where the bed was located, there was no bedside light, the shower was a section of the entrance room built from a block wall only half the height of the room, the wifi was poor, you had to cross a dimly lit courtyard to the breakfast room/reception desk, the reception desk was not manned at all times, the smoke alarm kept beeping all night on the last night but the manager did not seem to understand either what the problem was or that I had no sleep because of the noise & did not offer a partial refund because of the disturbance. I would not stay there at that price. Only a 1 and just pushing a 2 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Very friendly and helpful staff
    • Classic Double Room

No hot water on the second morning

Very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

We got a nice upgrade and everyone was extremely nice and...
    • Classic Double Room

We got a nice upgrade and everyone was extremely nice and polite. Would book it again!

Nice hotel in a quiet location

Nice hotel in a quiet location

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Fantastic stay
    • Classic Double Room

Genuinely friendly and accommodating staff! Great location and value for money!

Price and room upgrade!

Too hot!

Price and room upgrade!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Disgrace

Everything’s dreadful

Nothing at all

A very good experience and stay

I like evrything

The staffs are very accomodating, and a well clean organize room.

An excellent base for our 2 days in Vienna

Nothing - everything was good.

The location was quiet and convenient for the train station. Staff were extremely helpful. Breakfasts were very good.

we had a very comfortable stay with a good brekfast
    • Classic Double Room

comfortable stay with good breakfast clean and easy access to metro.

Very good room, cleaned and fresh.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast could be better. A bit expensive, comparing price-quality.

Very good room, cleaned and fresh. Hotel provided fans. Nice staff.

We booked two separate rooms but had to stay in a suite with...
    • Double Room for Single Use

We booked two separate rooms but had to stay in a suite with a colleague.

Fantastic over and above. Felt like a celebrity
    • Double Room for Single Use

Didnt have anything to eat in the night

I got a free upgrade to a suite. FelT like a celebrity

Lack of parking

Lack of parking

comfort with a hint of exotic luxury

Extra Eggs

Nice size rooms
    • Classic Double Room

Lack of a kettel and coffee making facilities in the room

Nice size rooms

Perfect

Perfect services. Thank you

Very nice!

Very nice!

Very friendly and thanks very for kindness!

Very friendly and thanks very for kindness!!!

Good

Parking far and not easy to have the car also strange system that you have to give your keys to someone from the hotel to drive the car

Rooms were big

Nice bedroom

Poor car parking

Nice bedroom

no. lift, no free parking place

no. lift, no free parking place

The room was adequate, the staff friendly.

There should be a 24/7 reception.

The room was quiet.

Large hotel apartment with everything you need.
    • Classic Double Room

Large hotel apartment with everything you need. Staff was helpful

Great place to stay

Lack of air conditioner

Staff and room were great. Especially woman who talk with guests each morning at breakfast.

Very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Very friendly and helpful staff. Peaceful location near the Schoenbrunn Castle, 10 minutes walk.

Accomodation close to Schoebrunn

Accomodation close to Schoebrunn Good breakfast, good coffee

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Rude staff.
    • Double Room for Single Use

Rude staff. Room very cold. Reception closed at midnight.

Hot water and it's was cold in my room.
    • Classic Double Room

Hot water and it's was cold in my room. Also at midnight the Hotel close the door so if you want to hang out in the city ... complicated.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017