Reviews of City Hotel Deutschmeister 4 stars

Grünentorgasse 30, 09. Alsergrund, 1090 Vienna, Austria

#238 of 316 hotels in Vienna

• Studio

Wifi connection was quite slow in my room. Also I had no change of towels and bed tidy in a week.

The flat was very big and situated in a ideal position close to the city centre and in a nice area.

• Studio

We never had the breakfast because it would have been 30 euros! But since we had a small apartment with a kitchen, we bought breakfast food at the nearby markets.

We didn't realize we would be in a small apartment. It was wonderful. The bed was super comfortable and the street was very quiet. It's in a great neighborhood close to restaurants and grocery stores. The Ubahn station was right across the street--very convenient.

• Studio

First of all, I want to say that I have been using Booking.com almost 12 years to visit a lot of places in Europe, and I have never been treated as badly as in this hotel. So, when we arrived in afternoon, we were terrible receptioned for three people (one woman, and two men), they just want to confirm our payment and check if was our credit card, didn´t ask how was our trip, give to us a smile or care about us. Then, we realized that the hotel and the flat was in differents buildings, and they didn´t say that for us when we booked, so we move to the flat building. This building have a lot of stairs. Stairs in the entrance, stairs to take the the lift and stairs to go to our room, and in the hotel page wasn´t explained that. Another uncorfotable thing is about secure, 3 different people knocked our door, always saying that was a mistake, and another one in our last day knocked, and when we opened the person run away and we listened the steps at the stairs.

The bedroom size was good, a big room, and the location is really good, in frot of the metro (subway), at Rossauer Land station.

The objectives requirements of a 4 stars hotel are not fulfilled, we are filing a complaint to the Austrian hotels control at the tourism ministry : lying to customers is a serious offense. Furthermore, the 8.7 rating sign showed at the front desk dates back 3 years ago. The actual rating is 8. Regarding the way this hotel treats its customers and the very poor quality of the facilities, service, food, and cleaning the price is Way too high.

The hotel was not clean, very small rooms, the breakfast location was so small and not at all suitable for having breakfast and especially with kids.

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. I made a mistake to travel during the year end and had the difficulty of finding a good hotel. I ended up with very limited options in short time.

Po parkirnu kartu za automobil morao sam se voziti po gradu! I had to drive around the city by car park ticket!

Ljubazno osoblje,čista soba. Solidan doručak. Friendly staff, clean room. Solid breakfast.

• Studio

The apartment was excellent. Very spacious, clean, warm and comfortable with a well equipped kitchen. The gentleman on reception was exceptionally helpful. Location was very good, only a 15/20 minute walk to the city centre. We would definitely stay here again if we visited Vienna in the future.

The service was brilliant and the staff were all really friendly, we ended up a day late due to a missed flight and we were given a room upgrade because we had missed the first night. Really impressed with the hotel, was lovely.

The receptionist was not kind, in the double rooms there are 2 separate mattress, the breakfast was poor (they ran out of croissants) and there was little variety. They ask you to show the credit card with which you paied your stay (we didn’t had THAT credit card with us) otherwise they cancel your reservation, lucky me i had a picture with the card and emailed it to them before check-in.

Close to metro stations

On Saturday morning there was not enough food and drinks available around 9 am. The food could be displayed better.

The staff was happy to help with the parking and fold up bed for our son as soon as asked

1. sound from corridor (thin doors) 2. pillows too thin, banket so small that doesn't cover an adult! I was alone and used two sets for myself. 3. almost no amenities - just small box with set for 1 day, & only once, on my 6th(!) day they filled it up! When I alreay gave up asking daily everybody to fill it. 4. ugly way of communication of an aged lady on reception, ultimately expropriated my electric property from my room when I was absent (at the last of 6 nights! So for 5 days it was OK and no notification). I travel a lot, most hotels nowadays offer kettles of don't mind using my own, for this time NOTIFICATION for NO USE WITH THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW would had been good preventive practice. But when I found the withdrawal, that lady rejected any further negotiations except SHOUTING AT ME! I offered my recognition of the rules and promise of no use as I HAD TO PACK MY LAGGAGE as I had an early flight. But she told she doesn't care, showed NO TRUST & NO RESPECT. After that I was about to put the lowest score for the hotel, but that would be not true - I really loved to stay there and was absolutely happy for 6 days if not the last night that spoiled the whole stay thanks to that lady.

very confortable & clean big room (good for family), perfect location - right near the metro & the city center, but in the quiet & beautiful quarter. Nice view from the top floor on the beautiful building inside the yard. Very tasty breakfast that I didn't get bored for 6 days - big choice of very tasty yogurt and cereals, spreads-pates of different tastes, fruit, fried eggs, chees & sousages. Super friendly and helpful assistance for the city wonders & exhibitions from a gentlement on reception. Thank you very much. Will definitely stay there again, hope to bring there my family.

• Studio

The staff (besides the cleaner) are incredible rude.You get treated as if you're the worst.I've been to many many hotels and never has someone spoken to us like that. Also being in hospitality we know how it should work and felt shocked by such a tone towards guests. Maybe it's just the Viennese people in general who we're not used to.We'll definitely never come back although the location is very good for vienna.

The appartments are nice and u got everything you need.

Nice and friendly reception staff and also other staff, trying their best. Nice and clean room, with all the fascillities needed, also minibar available with fair prices. Hotel is next to the metro station.

I never have met such un polite receptionists. At the time of arrival I stopped my car in front of the barrier expecting to be opened to get in.Mr Noaman the receptionist in charge came out and asked me about the reservation.He went in checked the reservation came out and asked about the reservation for a parking place.I hade no reservation so he said I should go to park somewhere in the street and come back with luggage and with my sun to do checkin.I asked to be allowed to drive in just to leave the luggage and than to drive out to look for a parking place.He aggressively refused and went in.It never happened such an event ever to me.For fiew minutes even in the crowded areas it is allowed to park for taking the luggage out from the car. The next day I noticed that the TV is not functioning.I went down and I asked the receptionist in charge to try to check the settings of the TV.He refused in the same aggressive way saying that the problem can be solved the next day. The next day in the mornig I left. Hotel is really good and clean,friendly people at the breakfast,very good food but the employees at the desk are unbelievable.

Very clean all over,very good breakfast,quite.

Stuff was not pleasant and we felt uncomfortable due to this. For example I asked to buy beer in a bar on a first floor, and the guy said - Do not you have a bar inside your room? or ordered parking place that was not confirmed. And the guy said that it is not confirmed, next time I would have to get it confirmed, but ok, I'm lucky and there is a free space. As a result we were alone in a parking but felt that we were not so good for it after that. And they do not know what is electric kettle.

Chose only because of parking place.

• Studio

The weather was in the 30s and the room was stiflingly hot especially at night and there was no air conditioning.

We had a very large studio room, which had a queen sized bed, dining table & chairs, a sofa, armchair & coffee table. There was a small well equipped kitchen and a huge bathroom. The hotel was in a very convenient location, only minutes from the underground transport and a great selection of bars and restaurants.

The breakfast buffet is great. The hotel is minutes from a subway station and a major tram line; it's also an easy walking distance from the Ringstrasse and tourist attractions in the center of Vienna.

A ventilation fan kept pumping cigarette smoke into my room from somewhere else in the hotel. I hope that this is a rare problem.

Nice breakfast, good location (just a couple minutes from U4 Roßauer Lände and Donaukanal), comfortable room.

Cleaning in the mornings were too noisy and it interrupted my sleep very nasty.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Great location, but a bit more expensive than what it should be. For the same price you can stay in Sofia in Hilton or in Radisson in the very center.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The lifts are very small (3 people max) and it's sometimes quicker to use the stairs. Air conditioning unit in the room had no controller so had to be operated manually which is ok if you are familiar with it.

Good location and close to restaurants and bars. Short walk to the centre and all the sights. Hotel was on a quiet street and a two minute walk to a U4 underground station.

I really enjoyed the hotel, but if you are needing to do laundry - be advised they do have a service but the charge will be by piece instead of a load.

The location of the hotel so close to the U4 Rossauer Lande stop and all the cafes there along the canal made this a wonderful stay. It is a perfect point for using a 72 hour public transportation ticket and exploring Vienna. I had an 8th floor room that had a slant opening window that was great to cool the room instead of using the AC. The bed is very soft and comfortable and the room itself has enough space. The shower has great water pressure and plenty of hot water. However - the shower is a space saving square meter type - like a glass round cylinder when cured doors are closed - and it does take a moment to get used to. The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful and made my stay a great one. The free breakfast was a very good spread of food and its not often that you get such in Vienna these days. Should you miss it - there is a Backeri a block down the street towards the church.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The hotel is 3 minutes walk to the underground from where you can easily go all-over Vienna. The hotel was very comfortable and we had a 1 bedroom apartment. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Studio

Wi-fi is bad. Towels could have been changed in every two days. Extra blanket is needed.

So close to u-bahn. Heating is great. Hospitality is great, they were very helpful. Large room. Kitchen is great.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

cuscini (pillows) non buoni (not good at all) serve una macchinetta per espresso o capuccino per la prima collazione (need to have a good Italian coffee in a good hotel)

hotel tranquillo

Not stable internet connection

We stayed in one of the hotel's apartments. Very good kitchen facilities. 2 Minutes walk from underground station (U4 line Roßauer Lände station), great and quiet neighborhood but still close to center. Coffee shops and large supermarket just 2 blocks away.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Dead-slow WiFi - unusable! Unfriendly waiters at breakfast buffet

Comfortable single-mattress double bed Spacious room Really nice reception staff Awesome location in Vienna's 9th district

Breakfast selection could have been better for British guests, geared for European tastes. After 5 days a bit repetitive. A toaster would have been good.

Rooms & facilities excellent and staff very friendly and helpful. Although hotel 15min walk to 'Hop on Hop off' buses it was only 200m from underground.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Our accommodation was very spacious, warm and beautifully furnished. We would love to return to Vienna and would definitely revisit the City Hotel Deutchmeister.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

No option for food or snacks after breakfast. Breakfast doesn't change, even after 4 days.

Free breakfast with decent selection. Quiet room. Quiet neighbourhood. One block away from an U-bahn station.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Studio

THe internet is very slow, the beds in the studio were not one big bed but two separate, and thus uncofortable for a couple

The location is superb, U-bahn station at 50m, walking distance to the ring (Votive kirche, Rathaus)

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Overpriced, staff weren't very friendly or helpful

24 hr check in for late arrivals. Close to the metro, beds were very clean and comfortable.A tasty breakfast was served daily. The rooms had a nice modern look

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Free Wi-Fi was bad, also the morning breakfast could be better. The construction works were starting at 07:00 AM, that was bad.

The room was very good, clean, comfort and it also had a stereo for good music

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Staff was not always very friendly. I was expecting a better breakfast. Forget to skype with this wifi!

Good location, very close to subway. Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Breakfast was nothing special and they served some low quality packed food. Pillows and matrasses not confortable.

The area is calm and close to metro station. Rooms are clean, despite some old material.

I ordered a taxi through the hotel to the airport .At 7 am it took 20 minutes and I was charged 44 Euro, which is an exorbitant price by any standard and the hotel management should stop engaging this company.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

i took my own iron with me on trip and the cleaning lady took it, leaving a message on the bed that it is hotel policy. I understand that it is hotel policy not to allow such devices in the room, but still, it felt unappropriate for someone to take something from the room

location, breakfast, staff, room

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

wifi, but i think it was a problem exactly at the day of our stay. Breakfast was slightly lower than a 4star hotel's level

Clean and tidy. Good staff

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Good location close to the fantastic underground train system. The staff at the Reception desk were very helpful and recommended the value-for-money 3 day travel pass. Use the hotel parking - much cheaper than the ticket you'll definitely get if you park on the street.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

- Australian Star rating on hotel must be different from the one in France. Below the expectation - No air con in 4 star hotel

- Good location for money. Close to the subway

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

As I am on a gluten-free and vegan diet, I didn't have many options. I also prefer to have dinner at a hotel

As I am vegan and on a gluten free diet, I didn't have many options. For those not following any rest

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Studio

There was some building work going on which meant the stairwell was a bit dusty and there was some scaffolding around the windows. The hot water in the bathroom took some time to come through.

I had a lovely roomy apartment that was very comfortable. The local area was delightful, it felt like a proper neighbourhood, but not far from the city centre. The desk staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

I stayed on the top floor, straight under the roof. Using airconditioning (which was really poor and at times noisy due to fan hitting the body) required renting a remote from the reception and was additionally charged. I had to use it because the room got hot in the day through the roof - probably not an issue on lower floors. Bed was just fine - mattress too soft and pillow stuffing clumped up.

Reception staff very nice and breakfast excellent. Room of good size. Very close to city centre and to metro station. Internet worked ok, slower in evenings but definitely manageable.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

You pay extra for air-conditioning. How does that make sense for a 4-star hotel? Definitely not worth the money. The location is good, but you can find cheaper better deals... Nothing else was particularly impressive (small garden, plain breakfast, small rooms etc.)

Close to U-bahn, nothing else.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Unfortunatelly our room was very noisy, making it difficult to sleep in the morning. Also, we had great weather, but that lead to a really high temperature in the room, since there was no air conditioning. Not such a great problem for us, but it might be unconfortable for others.

The hotel is centraly located, it only takes 15-20 minutes to reach the city center by foot. The subway station is also conveniently located near the property. The room was big enough, clean and the breakfast offer good enough. You can enjoy your coffee and meal in the inner courtyard, a great start for the day. The staff was friendly and helpfull.

• Studio

The cleaning lady only took the trash, but did not change the towels at all during our 3 days stay.

The location and the facilities.

• Studio

I stayed in an apartment and I strongly discourage to book one of them as they are dirty and old.

The pictures of hotel at the Booking does not not not show the property’s features.

There was underground near the hotel.

Room was never cleaned

Large room

Free breakfast was quite good.

Old fashion hotel: amazing breakfast included and mini bar full! Lovely!

Peace centre is close...

Breakfast was poor, additionally people were squeezed into a part of the hotel restaurant making it really busy and uncomfortable.

Quite room, good size & with bath, not just a shower

• Superior Single Room

no iron available at 16:30h. in a working day....

cosy and close to center of city(20 min walk)

• Studio

The internet service could have been better

• Studio

the towels weren't changed on daily basis

very close to public transportation

Great area for restaurants without going to city centre. Nice walking area, very close to Danube.

Very good breakfast + nice english-speaking night receptionist.

Closet to the metro station for access to central Vienna

Everything is fine!

Missing air condition

Attention of the personnel

• Studio

Bath was slippery, maybe mats would be a good idea.

Central, clean, comfortable, helpful friendly staff.

good quiet position

Location,friendly stuff

Poor Breakfast

Clean

Air con

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Friendly staff, great apartment and facilities.

Breakfast room tiny

Restuarants close by

• Studio

No plates, cuisine utensils available although there was a kitchen in the room

Breakfast was good, but in a cramped space.

Nice hotel, very good and quiet location, friendly staff, quiet location.

WIFI is low speed

Good room, good breakfast and good service :)

Breakfast choice wasn't so good for us

Room was nice and really big stuff was helpful

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

- everything was perfect!

- location is love - amazing property - the time needed to get to various parts of the city is min

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment I received was lovely...big, comfortable, nice kitchen...and a Piano!!!

Browse City Hotel Deutschmeister traveller photo gallery