Reviews of Hotel City 4 stars

#6 of 14 hotels in Villach

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Villach Hotel City. Oct 2018
    • Economy Twin Room

It was the beginning of the cooler months and there was zero heating in our room but the staff were very accommodating in providing heater and extra blankets.

Location was great-we arrived by train, and it was a easy walk directly across the road to the hotel. Lovely friendly staff, and very efficient.Breakfast was very good with plenty of variety.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great place to stay,handy for rail and bus stations.
    • Economy Twin Room

Air conditioning in the rooms, it was very hot at night after a similar day.

There was an excellent choice of food. Plenty of everything you would need for a filling breakfast. Plenty of staff to fill up empty dishes of food. I was most pleased with the smoked salmon.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Delicious breakfast and relaxing getaway in the Austrian mountains
    • Classic Double Room

This is a personal thing but I didn't like having a wheel chair accessible room, it always makes me feel weird. Bathroom smelled a little weird (of cleaning supplies) when I arrived and would have preferred a more hotel or laundry smell especially since it's a 4 star hotel. I also wished that the hotel had a restaurant on-site as it was pouring on of the days I was there and I didn't want to get soaked going outside. I thought that they did, on the floor of the breakfast, but there wasn't when I checked.

The buffet breakfast was really delicious, using very fresh and local ingredients. I like that the hotel is an energy efficient hotel. The room was really cozy, with black out curtains and top notch bedding!

Very good breakfast, clean rooms.
    • Economy Twin Room

The room faced the railway station and got extremely noisy at night if the window was open. If the window was closed, the room was too hot because of the lack of air conditioning. For more than 100 euros a night, the room was very spartan - functional, but neither nice nor particularly comfortable. Because of the closeness of the station and a supermarket, there were always quite a few (harmless) drunks nearby.

Very good breakfast, clean rooms. The hotel is located close to the city center and the railway station.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent hotel convenient to Villach Hauotbahnhof.

Everything was fine.

The breakfast was the best buffet I have had in Europe. Excellent selections and always kept refreshed. I would stay at the hitel again just for the brrakfast.

Very convenient for travellers
    • Economy Twin Room

Very convenient for the main railway station. City centre nearby. Room was clean and comfortable. Check in and out quick and efficient, staff were very helpful with advice. Breakfast was excellent. Will stay here next time I come to Villach.

Excellent hotel with all the facilities as listed.
    • Economy Twin Room

AC on extra charges (which is not required when the weather is good).

Excellent location just opposite to the main station and city center which is very helpful if it is raining. The hotel is within walking distance to the old town. I booked the room at the last minute due to train cancellation but it turned out just the stay i wanted after a long day. They also offered me an upgrade without extra charges.

very good position of the Hotel and high level of comfort.

Air conditioning was non included. I've asked to run the ventilation with a day cost to add! little bit strange!

Room Cleanliness is very good. strategic position of the hotel Family Room Comfort and very nice natural lighting in to the room due to a full space window

Villach should be better known than it is!
    • Classic Double Room

But I didn't like was having to pay extra for air conditioning. Online it said the hotel was air-conditioned, it didn't say you had to pay extra. I also was disappointed that the bed was two singles push together. I had been looking forward to a night in a big bed.

I really like that the location was directly opposite the train station. It was so easy to get to on a hot August day. I was very pleased with the wonderful people on the front desk. They were welcoming and very charming. And I absolutely loved the town of Villach. What a wonderful place to find! I had never heard of it before and it was definitely worth getting to know. I can understand why it is sometimes referred to as a little Salzburg. It was fun to window shop and enjoy the great food and beer! It is a town with a really nice atmosphere.

Just across the street from the train station.

The room was rather warm and if you would open the window mosquitoes will come inside (even on the 5th floor!). To be a 4 starts hotel and for the price you pay I was expecting air conditioning but they don't have.

Just across the street from the train station. Comfortable rooms, nice breakfast.

Nice room for a family of five, clean and comfertable.
    • Family Room

Alot of shady people at the busstation drinking and personal was abit busy and weren’t very welcoming. Expencive.

Nice room for a family of five, clean and comfertable. very close to the city just around the corner. Beautiful city. Breakfast was Ok.

It’s my second stay in Hotel City.

If I have to be picky: - no free water in the room - no a/c in the room - noise from the street at night

It’s my second stay in Hotel City. It’s perfect choice on the way to Italy. Check-in is super fast, the room is large and comfortable, breakfast is very good with many options to choose from, there is free parking outside the hotel, the staff is friendly&smiley

Good location near city.
    • Classic Double Room

Room A/C or ventilation should be better. It wasn't even hot ourside during my stay in Villach.

Good location near city. Free parking in front of the hotel.

we enjoyed very much our staying in the hotel and in the city and our trips outside Villach
    • Classic Double Room

I travell with my daughther and we use the public transportation the location of the hotel is excellent,it is very close to the train station and also in a short walk to the old city it was easy to travell out of the city and return we had a nice and comfortable room with a nice view the breakfast was excellent with a lot of variety and gluten free options especially bread and rolls

A VERY PLEASANT AND RELAXING END OF THE YEAR IN VILLACH !
    • Economy Twin Room

This hotel is just in front of rail station so is very easy to arrive and leave by train, there is also a wide garage but you need to pay for it. There are no noisy at all because the rail station's square is not crowded by traffic, is clean and quite and also rather elegant. Another positive point is the breakfast: great pick of everthing you want (also fish, vegetable and many kind of fruits) ! There is also a pleasant lounge room at 1st floor, close to the breakfast room, where you can have a rest on the sofa for reading or just relaxing (there are a wide selection of free books in german language). Hotel City offers also a finlandese sauna that you can use for free, roughly half an hour (this sauna cans contain 2-4 people).

friendly staff (nice sexi lady at reception desk :)),...

little bit expensive parking garage... 15eur/night

friendly staff (nice sexi lady at reception desk :)), awesome breakfast, very clean room, free parking outside if you found it...

Perfect!

The hotel staff, breakfast and location were fantastic! It is close to the train station, grocery store, and restaurants. Also, only a 5 minute walk to the city centre. My boys and I loved walking the quaint streets of Villach. The breakfast was spectacular with many options and a great start to all of our wonderful adventures.

Good convent affordable hotel.

Next to bus terminal so some noise. Undergoing renovations so some noise.

Great location. Close to town centre. Onsite parking was free. Clean large family room. Great breakfast.

Great Location for Users of Public Transport
    • Economy Twin Room

This hotel has a basic, modern no frills look about it. We chose it because it was close to public transport for 1 night. For this reason it delivered and we were very happy with our choice

This hotel has the best location for those using public transport. Wifi worked well tea/coffee making in the room. Wifi worked well Staff helpful and professional. Food in the breakfast room has plenty of choice and is regularly replenished

Perfect one night stopover stay

Location was literally across the street from the station and there was a supermarket next door. Short walking distance into town. Room was large and bed was comfortable. Shower was interesting... in good way! Breakfast buffet had a large selection.

Best hotel on my travels

Nothing. It was perfect!

I have stayed in many hotels in the last few months and hotel city is one of the best. It is easily spotted from the station, and just a short walk from the front entrance. Reception was warm on a rainy day, and "because of the rain, she let me have a room at 11am! Breakfast was copious and delicious. Bathroom was not big but it was areanged in a way that thete was plenty of room to move around

Pleasant stay
    • Classic Double Room

I was charged extra for my partner which was not the expected deal, the stuff said I booked only for myself however I think it was overpriced. Usually these type of things turn me and other tourists away.

Breakfast is great and the bed is comfortable.

Comfortable, good value for money

If I have to be picky - no air conditioning in the room, although it didn't bother us, taxi drivers loudly talking outside the hotel in the middle of night

We travelled with two under 6 kids. We stayed in family room which was big and comfortable. Comfortable beds. Parking free outside the hotel and 15 euro/night to park in the garage. Place is clean and modern. Good breakfast with wide variety of choices. Located few minutes from Villach's city centre. Overall good value for money.

Beautiful hotel in beautiful city.

Nothing, we loved everything with this hotel.

We were a family visiting Villach on our way to Croatia and we were stunned by both the Hotel City and the city of Villach itself. The hotel room was very clean and comfortable, with excellent beds. It was very convenient to get a parking place in locked parking for additional fee. The breakfast was also great. We only regret that we didn't stay longer than one day in this hotel and city.

A good nights rest in Villach

Nothing that comes to mind

Great overnight travelling hotel either on business or leisure. Modern with big rooms and friendly staff and a good value breakfast did exactly what it says on the tin!

Central location/station.

Can't find any reason.

Central location/station. Walking distance to center, shopping, all kind of restaurants. Great Family room. Loved the feature of net on windows so fresh air could be enjoyed without fearing any bugs. Excellent breakfast even for vegans. No smoking policy.

Comfortable business hotel in the city center.

The room we booked has no aircon, which is not unusual in country like Austria. They changed a air con room for us immediately with a little top up.

Get the Junior Suite!
    • Junior Suite with Terrace

Would have been nice if they had a bar, but there was a grocery conveniently located next door.

We had our 2 year old son's birthday here. We loved the Junior suite with the deck. It was totally child proof and he loved playing on it. Staff was VERY helpful with giving us a knife, plates etc. for his B-day cake. Right around the corner from the city center.

Crisp, clean comfort in a perfect location!
    • Classic Double Room

There was nothing to not like.

Hotel City is perfect for an overnight stop between trains. It was raining when we arrived and being immediately adjacent to the railway station was a godsend. The hotel is modern, spotlessly clean throughout with friendly and attentive staff on duty. Our room looked and felt brand new. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable with a lovely bathroom and plenty of space for bags, and comfortable beds. There's no air conditioning, but the windows open well and give good ventilation and you hear the lovely birdsong. As we had a 6am start, and breakfast is from 6.30, they gave us individual breakfast bags with delicious rolls (2), an apple, juice, water and chocolate wafer biscuits. Perfect for our train ride to Zagreb. Overall great value for the price. Thank you Hotel City.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Staffs attention and care + AMAZING breakfast
    • Classic Double Room

My boyfriend were only going to stay for the weekend and leave on Sunday morning, but with all the comfort and specially after having such an AMAZING breakfast we decided to stay till the afternoon and change our return train ticket for later, I wish we could have stayed more days there. Our room was light, very quite (although it is 3 minutes from the train station) and comfortable. It was a celebration for my birthday and we went to meet some friends and besides some other presents, they gave me flowers. Once I've returned to the hotel I asked if they could borrow me a vase to put the flowers and for an another pillow, with all the attention and care they quickly attend my requests with such a nice smile that at this moment I felt that we chose the best hotel to celebrate my birthday. In the morning I was already more than excited to go try the breakfast that everybody mentioned in the reviews. The environment of the breakfast area was so elegant, but modern at the same time. So many kinds of oats, jams, cheese and hams made me feel that I was in food paradise! And what was in that croissants?? For a moment I felt that I was in France! In an attempt to secretly bring one croissant (after my boyfriend and I have eaten 4 already) to the room, one lovely staff noticed and even offered us some napkins to help us bring the croissant to the room. The bathroom of the breakfast area is incredibly beautiful, clean and was smelling so nice. I wish my room bathroom was a bit bigger like the bathroom downstairs, but besides that everything was more than perfect and I hope that some day I can go there again. Thank you all the staffs for everything!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

The hotel was very nicely located.
    • Economy Single Room

The interior of the hotel was a little dated, rooms very small for a 4 star hotel. The mattress was not very comfortable and felt quite old.

The hotel was very nicely located. Breakfast was good. Free parking is a great bonus. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Hotel location is wonderful because main train station is...
    • Economy Single Room

seems a little in the way after put my big luggage in the gallery.

Hotel location is wonderful because main train station is just right ahead, only need walk several steps.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Very nice place

Problem with internet in the room

Problem with internet in the room

Very nice place to stay in Vilhach

Very good Location Ecxellent place. I stay this Hotel every year summer holiday with my childer since 2010.

Very nice place to stay in Vilhach

Overall a nice experience.
    • Economy Twin Room

The WiFi in my room was not that strong.

The breakfast was rich and varied

Nice Hotel close to city centre and good value for money.

Close to transport and city centre. Car parking just outside hotel. Good breakfast and comfortable room

The place Was nice clean and friendly personnel

The place Was nice clean and friendly personnel

Very nice and clean hotel

Very, very clean hotel. Very, very good breakfast.

hotel ok for business

Excellent breakfast, helpful staff

Excellent breakfast, helpful staff

This hotel was fabulous!
    • Economy Twin Room

This hotel was fabulous! Wonderful breakfast and just a short walk from clothing stores and restaurants.

Good bussines hotel

Breakfast and bed

Very good hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

Very good hotel. Good location. Very clean excellent service and very good bteakfast

The personal was very friendly
    • Classic Double Room

There is no hotel bar for the evening

The personal was very friendly

Met expectation
    • Economy Twin Room

Room was small but all was there and functional

City center location, some free parking available just in front and garage (not free)

Good for one night stand while in transit

Tiny shower but no biggie

Close to train / bus station and city. Simple straight forward clean accommodation at ok price.

Comfortable, modern, clean hotel with friendly staff in great location
    • Classic Double Room

The wifi was a bit intermittent

Very comfortable, modern, warm, clean, quiet hotel. Friendly staff and perfect location in center

very good breakfast

very good breakfast

OK for a short stay, no bar or eating facilities apart from breakfast
    • Economy Twin Room

Bigger room and WIFI that actually worked

Loaction

If the hotel could arrange a better pillow,it will be better...
    • Economy Twin Room

Bed is not very good conditions

If the hotel could arrange a better pillow,it will be better experience

Nice for a night.
    • Classic Double Room

WiFi too weak to use in room on 3rd floor. No places nearby to eat if you come in late

Close to hbf and quiet. Rooms are large and clean.

hotel just in front of the train station, very clean.
    • Economy Twin Room

hotel just in front of the train station, very clean. nice breakfast

Iam sure will be sorted asap

charged for room twice paper work to be reviewed

Nice hotel good staff

Excellent location.

Excellent location.

Quiet & clean room that allows you to wind down and relax.
    • Classic Double Room

We were extremely pleased with hotel. Arrived early and staff allowed us to check i early.

- Big and nice room

- no air condition

- Big and nice room - nice breakfast - just opposite the main train station

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Very good breakfast!
    • Economy Twin Room

Very good breakfast! Perfect location!

Really good breakfast buffet and great room for a family...
    • Family Room

Really good breakfast buffet and great room for a family with separate rooms for kids

Very good location.
    • Classic Double Room

Very good location. Clean and comfortable room.

+breakfast

-no A/C in the room

+breakfast +location +parking

Big room, friendly staff, good and rich breakfast!

No air condition!!

Big room, friendly staff, good and rich breakfast!

location is the only plus - service(s) and other interior not up to date

slow internet - high speed access 10€/day! room very hot - no aircondition

• Economy Single Room

Coffee, but it is not a relevant issue

Breakfast very good and diversified

Breakfast very good and diversified

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Very close to station, comfortable room, very good breakfast.
    • Economy Twin Room

Very close to station, comfortable room, very good breakfast.

good location...beware of hidden charges.
    • Family Room

Air conditioning is not included in booking.com price. Hotel charges 9 euro per night extra. Rediculous....

Breakfast was the best....

Another Excellent Stay At Hotel City

Excellent Breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Night in Villach

Nothing negative

Located opposite the main station, very clean and breakfast good.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

My expectations were fully met
    • Classic Double Room

The location, close to the railway station

Another Great Stay At Motel One
    • Economy Single Room

Excellent Hotel, as you would expect from a new one.

Good location, fantastic breakfast, cleanliness, free...
    • Economy Twin Room

The economy room was way too small for two people.

Good location, fantastic breakfast, cleanliness, free parking and kind staff.

Pleasant weekend in Villach
    • Classic Double Room

Great breakfast, skilled and kind staff, handy location near the city center and train/bus station

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

2 star hotel

Room and bathroom

Not 4 star hotel. This is 2 star hotel.