Reviews of Hotel Evido Salzburg City Center 3 stars

Saint-Julien-Straße 33, Elisabeth-Vorstadt, 5020 Salzburg, Austria

#109 of 110 hotels in Salzburg

5.9

Narrow triple room

I booked one triple, three twin (or double) rooms for 9 persons. One person could not go to Salzburg, and 8 persons stayed. We paid fee for 9 persons (four rooms), but they gave us two triple and one double room. They said triple room is broad and comfortable, but it's not. some of us had to sleep in sofa-bed.

Clean, roomy, convenient
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The breakfast charge of $12 Canadian $ was high for what was offered. I would not do that again. Also no elevator and all rooms are on the 2 floor.

The room was a good size, the bed comfortable, the bathroom modern and large and over all very clean. Close to the main train station and close to trams to the old city area. I would recommend this hotel. The breakfast was not worth the money it cost.

The hotel doesn’t have a proper reception area.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel doesn’t have a proper reception area. No replies when contacted over phone or emails. Only access to the hotel is electronically controlled and door opens on showing the key card. At the tome of check in a guest is not in possession of a key guard!! Not recommended for guests who have trouble climbing steps or carrying large cases, since the hotel does not have any elevator access

Good choice
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The location (good access to the station) is the best advantage of this hotel, but other conditions are satisfactory, too. I have nothing to complain about this accommodation.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The location and breakfast were good.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The entrance and first impressions of this hotel were bad with rubbish bins etc. The room assigned to us was unsafe: it had exposed electric wires hanging from the ceiling where the fan/light had been removed. The smoke alarm had also been removed, and there was no safe deposit box as advertised. We notified reception, and asked for another room, which was arranged.

The location and breakfast were good.

Close to train station.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

I booked online special double room and is supposed to have a full bed and electric kettle. My brother booked a double room. When we gave our passports to the counter he looked at and asked us “two single room?” I said “no, I should have special double room.” But the room I got was a room with one twin bed and one queen bed and no electric kettle. I argued but not successful. The two beds occupied the whole room space. Not recommend to other people.

Close to train station.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I wouldn't book in this hotel again and I think being rated 3 stars is misleading.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is way over priced. For 148 Euros/night, the room was not at all up to the standards. We stayed in a 4 star hotel in Vienna for 132 Euros/night. The staff service is poor. It took us around 20 minutes to check-in. Although we couldn't get our rooms directly because of water leakage in the room (it was clear on the ceiling). We had to wait 2 hours to have a room. The room did not have proper electricity. The bathroom had no soap. In short, the room is not comfortable at all. The location is not good (next to a gas station). All the noise from streets can be heard at night. The hotel is rated as a 3-star hotel, however it must be less. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my friends. If you have already booked a room, don't expect much. Expect a "motel" like service and rooms.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

This is not a hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

This is not a hotel! How can this be categorized as a hotel category? When I found the place after a long time I was promised and wanted to go away. Finally, I gave my beer and stayed.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The worst hotel i ever slept
    • Special Offer - Double Room

What should i say: It was the worst hotel i ever slept. At first there is no parking space, so we had to park in the parking area of the main station (ca 12€ per day). As we saw our room, i was shocked. The room was disgusting. The complete ceiling was damaged by water, so the room smelled horrible. At the question if we could have an other room the chief of the hotel was bearish and told us we also can leave the hotel. We stayed cause there was really no other room available during the "Salzburger Festspiele". At the next day we visited the small city, so we could walk to everything. As we arrive again in our room, it was a mess. Our luggage was at the other side of the room, our shorts and bras were not in the luggage anymore. Our medication was in the wardrobe instead next to the bed. Food was in our toilet bag. We couldn't believe what we saw. As we told that the chief of the hotel, he was bearish again and told us the a company had to visit the room cause of the waterdamage and the room maid should hide our luggage and everything. But that doesnt explain why everything was like that and i think the manager had to inform us at first that somebody is going to visit our hotelroom. I hope nooneelse will sleep there, cause the chief of the hotel and the service there was the worst i ever saw and the room was really horrible (cause of the waterdamage). PS there was no discount, excuse, .... nothing.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Super close to the main station
    • Double or Twin Room

The room smelled because of a water leak from rain (patches are visible also on the ceiling) Ceiling fan didn't work, nor did the main light (only lamps)

Super close to the main station

Room were very clean and quite spacious.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Location are strange, little hard to find. No proper parking, need to go to the reception before you can park. No place to leave your car when you are alone. Parking with extra fee. Breakfast not good.

Room were very clean and quite spacious.

The hotel is close to the train station, their breakfast was...

Of the ten hotels we stayed at on our recent trip to Europe the Hotel Evido Salzburg was the the worst. Staff was not helpful- then rude. We left something in the room and when we called the desk to discuss it with them (in German) they hung up the phone on us. When we emailed them through the booking.com application they never responded. We will not be back.

The hotel is close to the train station, their breakfast was good, and the rooms were clean.

It was near the train station and just a 15min walk into the...
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The style of the furniture wasn’t really my taste but that’s just my point of view. All in all I can’t say anything bad :)).

It was near the train station and just a 15min walk into the city center. The stuff was also really friendly, everything was clean and they had a really nice breakfast offer :). They have a 24hours Spar supermarket just in front of the Hotel which is really practical :)).

Overpriced, noisy and uncomfortable. Probably best for transit guests spending only 1 night.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no air-conditioning and I stayed during summer. I had no choice but to open the window and my room was just beside the petrol station operating for 24 hours. The noise was just unbearable and I had to endure it for 3 nights. You can hear the cars and people passing by all throughout the nights. It's just almost impossible to get a restful sleep. The bed and pillow are terrible. Not firm enough to support my back. I had backache after my stay. Contrary to what most of the guests shared in reviews, the breakfast is not worth the money I've spent.

Its location is the only good thing about this hotel. It is very close to Salzburg HBF and the bus terminal for inter-country/regional routes. During my stay, I went to Hallstatt on my second day and I only had to walk a few steps to catch my bus (bus 150) to Bad Ischl.

Very poor but expensive
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

This hotel is terrible small! And it locate at a noisy area. You are not safe since many stranger is stay around the front door. At night time, drunk people scream under your window ........

It was extranormous hot, so we wish there would air conditioning.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

There was no air conditioning, then it was too hot. There is no lift\elevator.

The hotel is at the (Central) Railway station and is not far from Mirabel park. Breakfast was ok. Beds are comfy enough. City maps are available. Little supermarket (at the gas station) is in front of the hotel. Big supermarket is in the Railway station (4 minute walking) and a lot of cafes.

CERTAINLY NOT A THREE STAR STAY!
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Very poor experience. Unprofessional staff in reception and housekeeping. **Room was hot and muggy** No air-conditioning in the room. The only fan in the room was noisy the whole night. The description mentioned "carpet" flooring. Whereas, the floor had a wooden floor. Without an AC, the room felt like a sauna. **No Parking** The information suggested that parking was available. But, this was not true. We had to pay at a public car park near the train station which costs 14 Euro. **Very Poor Service for a 3 Star hotel** We booked a three day stay but had to leave on day 2 in disgust, because the reception could not even provide us with soap!!! After a wonderful day trip to Salzburg, we returned to the room on a hot summer day, only to find that the housekeeper forgot to refill bath soap and shampoo. When we walked up to the reception to ask for soap and shampoo, the guy in the reception, with baseball cap worn front to back - tells us that the housekeeper is not reachable. He made no attempt to help. Instead implied that it is not his problem! This was enough for us to take our bags and walk out immediately. On day 1 - our first shock was that our luggage was kept outside the room. Thankfully we had no valuables in the suitcase. **We complained to Booking.Com on Day 1** Booking.com tried to help. We got an email saying that they will get back to us in 7 days. THIS PROPERTY IS NOT 3 STAR!! 1 star is acceptable but the price does not justify the quality of service nor the facilities. Think twice, even if you have to stay here for free!

Breakfast was the only consolation. A lady at the breakfast organised the breakfast excellently. Good variety.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The room was very clean.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

It was incredibly hot and the room had only a fan. With an open window it was very noisy because the hotel faces crossroads with heavy traffic. The room was rather small. The reception was on the second floor without a lift. The price was too high for the quality of the hotel.

The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Close to train station and good breakfast
    • Special Offer - Double Room

This is a cheap place to stay. Right from the entrance (no elevator and reception is on second floor but no signs tell you that) to the room - we booked a room for a couple but ended up on oddly placed two twin beds one next to another that were moving the whole time and uncomfortable.

Close to train station and good breakfast

Ok place.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The hotel rooms are only on second floor of a business office bulding. The rooms are small. There is no aircinditioning so you have to keep the windows open, that makes the rloom very noisy at 5:39am when business trucks run.

The price and the breakfast was goid.

Wouldn’t go back.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

No parking. No air conditioning. Expensive - we paid over 200 euros for a cramped room with 4 beds. No refrigerator. We only had one key per room. No 24 hour reception (but staff was available on-call)

Located near the subway. Walkable distance to notable tourist sites (15-30 minutes). We forgot our key in the room and the staff came to our assistance quite quickly.

Don't recommend!

I was on the way to the Hotel with my family (we were coming from 850 km away) and I had received a message from the bank saying that the hotel withdrew the money from my account, so, I called immediately to tell them that we are on the road and we will come for check-in and I asked them why they already took the money and they said that they had to move us to another hotel and they took the money to pay the night to Hotel Itzlinger Hof. I was surprised because I think it was more fair to call me before they took the money and to ask if I agree to be moved to another hotel. I am wandering if I didn't call to ask what happened, if they would have called me to say the new address of the other hotel (Itzlinger Hof). The room at the Hotel Itzlinger Hof was at the ground floor, had dampness on the walls and it was very cold inside, especially for my 5 years old son it was too cold, I have found also 2 spiders in two corners of the room. Big price per night for the offered conditions.

The breakfast was good and the bed comfortable.

Small room. Nice staff. Great location.
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

Small room. For our room of 5 people we find it very hard to move around. No air conditioning.. not mentioned though but didn't notice it.. No lift.. have to carry the bag to first floor..

Nice staff, decent breakfast, great location.

No one at the reception to make the Check in, we wait for an...

No one at the reception to make the Check in, we wait for an half of hour and then we were informed that there was no room available. We stood in another hotel. We were Very dissapointed!

The hotel is very close to the station, bus, gas, all...
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

To carry the luggage through steep stairs to the reception and room requires lot of efforts. Old people or families with small kids, it is very difficult

The hotel is very close to the station, bus, gas, all amenities. Excellent location

It's a hostel setting.
    • Double or Twin Room

Sanitary fittings were old and not functioning well, they odd to be replaced. Bed and pillows were not comfortable, but can't complain much with this price. Bfast choice was very basic and limited. Room facing street would be quite noisy when window is open.

Hotel is only a good 10min walk from the Salzburg train station.

The ceiling fan is a good alternative in the room due to the...

Very small room. No elevator to reception. Safe is inoperational during our stay without any alternative provided.

The ceiling fan is a good alternative in the room due to the absence of air conditioning. The breakfast buffet is good and great help from the lady hotel manager. Location to bus stops and train station is very convenient.

The manager had me pay when i checked in and i had not...
    • Double or Twin Room

The manager had me pay when i checked in and i had not realised that o had already paid when I booked two months previously. He cancelled the transaction but after eight days the money still hasn't been returned to my account.

It was clean.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

It was on a very busy and loud street and was much farther from city center than advertised. Also, the room was extremely hot, even with the fan. Breakfast was meager. For the price, it was a terrible deal.

It was clean.

Basic, pleasant and great location. Some staff need customer care training.
    • Double or Twin Room

The proprietor is 'hard work' he does not do people very well and needs lessons from the lady receptionist. He offered me parking on the street outside the hotel at a cost ? In the street ? In the evening, reception is inevitably run by a young man (A Kevin in UK speak) who is more interested in his phone and the internet than customers. Poor customer service and people skills from these two.

We liked the lady that organised a lovely breakfast each day and when she ran reception, it was a happy place. The hotel is basic but pleasant and the room and bathroom were nice. The hotel is located really well for access to Salzburg, next door to the railway station and only 10 minutes flat walking into the Old Town.

Could be better
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

You are immediately faced with three flights of stairs and no lift and had a hard time finding the hotel as the sign is a plastic roll up sign hung from the side of the building. This room has no air conditioning and is quite hot, if you leave the windows open then you hear quite a bit of noise from the restaurant right below or the apartments that are next door. The breakfast was small and we were happy to leave

Very close to the train station.

Its 5 mins walk from the main train station.

They have to check the internet connection.Room is small for 3 adults

Its 5 mins walk from the main train station.breakfast is good,though no sausage available.Electric fan is available,it will help a lot during summer season.Nearby major tourist attraction.Also groceries

stay in old salzburg not in newer city
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

no air conditioning window hinge broken had to leave window open for air couldn't get fan to work properly noisy from road and people talking under window wee hours of the morning one thing really bothers me asking for birth dates of all guests I have been to several countries and none asked for this info. Area kind of seedy...

close to train station, walking distance to everything salzburg

Our credit card were pre-charged on the day of our booking...
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Our credit card were pre-charged on the day of our booking for S$431.94 which is substantially higher than our booking of Euro161 inclusive of city tax. When we check in, we were advised by the reception staff that our credit card have not been charged and I can chose to settle my bill in cash which I have done so. When I returned home, I found out that our credit card were charged for S$431.94 and credited on two separate dates for S$154.54 and $248.64 resulting to a difference of S$28.76 which we are claiming for a full reimbursement. My first bad booking experience with Booking.com as a very loyal customer. I have written to Booking.com, so far no acknowledgement n reply yet.

Great spot, great breakfast!!
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Can't think of anything! Great spot to stay to see the city!

Could check in late in the evening, breakfast was really great with lots of options! Were able to keep our bags there after check out to explore before catching the train.

The hotel is very basic but if you are looking for a cheap...
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Again, basic hotel therefore it can improve in many ways but excellent value for money.

The hotel is very basic but if you are looking for a cheap accommodation in a centrally located area for 1 night or 2, I would recommend it. My room was clean, the bathroom spacious and the bed comfy.

please return me 63,00 on my account because I paid with cash at the hotel.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Please return me 63,00 on my account because I paid cash at the hotel the day I arrive 1.5.2018 at 12.53 o clock. and also receive the bill. I couldn t belive that, the man in reception say I could pay with cash in hotel, the day I arrive , 1.5.2018 at 12.53 o clock and than also I saw Withdraw 63,00 on may accont

I wouldn't go back to this hotel next time.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

It is a really expensive place compared to the location and facilities. The entrance is very difficult to find, since the hotel is first floor of a building (not sure what is the rest). The rooms which look to the street are extremely noisy.

Good Location, Value for money.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Location is very good near Railway Station. Rooms are very large with good space. Check in was very easy. Breakfast was good. Basic all facilities available. When i ask for Hot water tea pot they provided immediately. Only issue we is no list and very stingy smell when you enter the hotel entrance. and it is located on the first floor so big bag-luggage you have to carry it.

our taxi driver was " appalled" that we wanted to...
    • Special Offer - Double Room

hotel could have informed us about the late night arrival procedure---they DID know about out time of arrival. However, all the two staff were " non Austrians"

our taxi driver was " appalled" that we wanted to stay there! It was 23.00 The entrance was opposite the communal bins. However, there was a bell, and on confirming that we had a booking, we were able to enter, found our room key in an envelope at reception. Small, perfect location for us train travellers, and on a one-night stop.

The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

The staff who greeted us when we arrive was not friendly at all..we arrived after 10pm and lift was not available for our luggages and d staff is not really kin to help.

The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.. Breakfast have loads of option and i like the selections of hot drinks, selection of cereals,cheezes and d like. Morning staff were all friendly and helpful .

Clean and bright

Triple room was a little small for 3 adults, though manageable.

Clean and comfortable room with good location. Ceiling fan kept the room at a great temperature all night.

Can walk from train station. Breakfast good! Coffee good!
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Hotel has no lift. Bags have to be dragged up two flights. Hotel did not show reservation through Booking.com?

Really good breakfast! Comfortable beds!

Location good.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

No lifts, you have to carry your luggage up to the first floor. Wifi was weak. Sign at breakfast stated take out not allowed and penalty €10. Safe in room locked. Room 219 windows open to rubbish bins and when we were there there was a strike.

Salzburg is delightful!
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Check in was not very pleasant - the gentleman there does not seem to enjoy people. Unpleasant smell in staircase but one learned to hold ones breath. Would have been very good to have soap and also coffee making facilities. We had to go to the tourist information to get help for round the city - the gentleman was not helpful with any questions.

Great being close to the train station - was a bit of a walk into the centre, but we preferred that so we didn't have to carry our bags too far. The bus station is very close by and we used it quite often. The lady at Evido was delightful - very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice with a good selection of food.

Comfort stay and good value for money..
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

To provide better standard facilities, such as: water kettle, mini bar...

The location is near to many restaurants, cafe, public transport (bus, metro station), mini markets and only few minutes to the old town (aldtstat), the reseptionist is also very helpful... The bed is comfortable and the room is clean and soundproof... recommended for stay...

Great low price stay if you need a station getaway the next morning.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Didn't stay there long enough to know. We didn't have any breakfast so can't comment. Communal area looked a little small though.

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Everything was comfy and clean, not too noisy considering it was right by the rail station (which is why we picked it)

Worst experience ever with invertebrate on the floor!

Service counter not open 24hour as advertised. Invertebrate/worm on the floor and shower room, this is NOT acceptable!

Location near to central station.

Very good
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

We stayed 4 people in one room, was pretty small but very clean. Area is a bit dodgy and far away from centre.

They had great breakfast, staff extremely friendly, walking distance to Mirabell Palace, wifi very good. Parking was full but they provided parking space for us.

Basic room, fairly clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were asked to pay again at reception although we had paid online. When pointed out, we were asked to pay additional 4 Euro as city tax. Not sure if we got scammed.

Basic room, fairly clean. However hotel had a bit of a smell, didn't bother us too much.

Not a very good impression
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Staff was slightly impolite, didn't speak English very well. No one waited for us at the reception to hand us the keys (our keys were left in an envelope at the reception but there was no one there to open the main door for us even though we announced our arrival time).The rooms were very small, clean, lamp didn't work properly, the breakfast was good but was expecting a bit more variety. The entrance to the hotel is uncomfortable, the hotel is on the first floor of a slightly hidden building. We stayed for 1 night, would definitely not recommend for longer than this!

The beds were comfy!

- Location

- If you stay in a room close to the entrance sliding door you will hear every pass - Safety Deposit Box didn't work - No outlet close to the bed - Curtain fell and noone fixed it for 3 nights - TV didn't work - No toiletries except soap

- Location - Pillow & blanket - Shower - Self-heating control

Very bad ecperience in so many years!

I did not like any of this hotel.not the place,not the bedroms,not the staff..no good value for your money.

Bad beds..breakfast if you were not in the first half an hour after the opening there was nearly nothing left!

Charged twice for one room and was refused a refund for 2nd charge.

I was charged by Booking.com for the room when I booked it. Then as I was checking out in the morning, I was told I did not pay and had to pay for the room at the hotel. I payed for the room because I has to catch a flight. Then I emailed booking.com to ask them to remove the charge because I payed at the property. Booking.com told me to contact the hotel if it was a billing issue. I contacted the hotel numerous times and they said it was Booking.com’s fault and that I would have to get refunded by them. Booking.com nor the hotel have done anything to help remedy this situation. So, I do not recommend this hotel unless you want to pay for the room twice.

Shocking Hotel. Room and linen stunk of smoke. Staff not helpful at all.

The room stunk of smoke. The staff gave us the wrong booking and tried to charge us for a larger room. Rude and not helpful

Disgraceful Nothing to about this hotel !!

location very good when we have to catch the early train and...
    • Double or Twin Room

the front door and no elevator

location very good when we have to catch the early train and not too long walk to the city centre in the cold, cleanliness

Hostel - not a *** hotel
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

Black hair in the bed and in the bathroom. Not clean. Toilet flusher broken. This was ordinary hostel, not a *** hotel. Sorry. Equipment of the room for 5 people - why there was a fan for hot summers in the wardrobe? It is December. Therefore the wardrobe was full of fan but we had less space to store our baggage. Small room.

Fruit salad for breakfast. Nice greeting. Lady let us park the car next to the hotel after short talk when we thought we will have to park our car else and pay over 10€ for it.

The room was not what we booked for. They asked for a deposit although we had already paid.
    • Double or Twin Room

First, we booked a room with 'queen bed' but there were two beds put together to make one. The edge of the beds at the joining made it uncomfortable to sleep. Even the quilt was for a single bed. We had already paid for two nights but once we arrived at the hotel, the staff asked us to deposit 100 Euros saying it was for the guarantee of the hotel. We filled the form with passport number and details but two hours later, one female staff came to the room asking for a passport which she made a copy of it.

The location was good.

Wouldn't stay there again, and I'm upset that booking.com skewed the reviews to give it 3 1/2 stars.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Bad section of town. Noisy. When checking in we got hit with an additional charge of 24euros (city tax). My understanding was all fees were already included. Desk clerk was curt.

Last minute booking and not worth the price we paid
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

For a 130€ we received a cramped room for four persons. The hotel sits near a petrol station.The stairwell smells like a gerbil cage. We didn't get the included breakfast but by the looks of it we didn't miss much. For the extra 20€ you could do far better at the petrol station. The location is near the train station and a 10 minute walk to old town, so if you stay in the Evio, you are paying for the location. Take my advice, book earlier and get a better rate in a better hotel.

Below average
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Hotel is really hard to find (it has no signs, or name on the building), has no parking and the stuff was not really helpful when we are asking about parking in the area nearby. Hotel is close to train station and construction area, so it was very noisy already early morning. Breakfast selection was very poor too. For 90eur you can definitely get better deal in Salzburg.

Late check-in

Excellent value for money

The bathroom was getting tired.

The friendly welcome, comfortable bed, very little road noise despite being located next to a busy junction in the city, great value for money.

Hotel clean and breakfast adequate
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Being in a room opposite 24hr garage and spar shop .If window slightly open very noisy and exhaust fumes a bit of a priblwm

Easy to get to shops and public transport

I booked online, because I missed the last train and right...

I booked online, because I missed the last train and right after I received the confirmation I went to the hotel. I was able to enter and waited at the reception for about 30 minutes until the son of the owner arrived for the check in after I called 2 times. Staying there for one night is okay, I would never go there for spending my holiday.

horrible. didn't feel safe in the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

no lift, unhelpful staff, room small and hot, fixtures falling apart. horrible place. I kept expecting to see cockroaches as the place was dirty and smelly. when we arrived there was no one at reception and we had to wait ages before the cleaner let us in. the only good thing was that it was walking distance to the train and bus station.

Good location near train station (about 5 min walk),...
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location near train station (about 5 min walk), friendly receptionist, clean room with extra sofa, wasn't very noisy although it was located near main road. Breakfast was included with good choice. It's fine place for short stay (up to 4 days).

Excellent hotel, great experience
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is very good, staff very kind and helpful. Room clean, warm, comfortable. One has all he needs for good rest after travel and get ready for new day and walks discovering Salcburg :).

Staff services are bad ( when I arrived the hotel, the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff services are bad ( when I arrived the hotel, the hotel's door was locked and none answered, I stayed outside of the hotel for 30 mins until other guests backed, I came to the reception desk and none there. ) and room cleaning is not working well ( every day the room floor was not cleaned)

Great location, value for money

The room was smaller than expected and the TV didn't work and the towels were worn out. At night it was pretty noisy from the train noises especially if you get a room next to the main road. However, these were minor issues.

The location is very convenient, super close to the Main Train station, and all the bus connections to other parts of the region; also near supermarket and coffee places. The staff was really helpful and the breakfast choices were great.

disappointing accommodation in regard to advertising
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

During the check-in, the receptionist didn't know about our reservation. We've been waiting for a long time for her to find it. She gave us poor instructions. Although we were in 5 of us, the room was very small, neatly equipped, but was not completely clean, especially the bathroom. The environment of the hotel looks very unsecure. There are many suspicious people who move around there. We parked our car right under the room window, at a public parking place, Extra paying the parking place cca 15 € per day. I did not feel safety for the car. The price included breakfast for all of us, which was mentioned at the listing, but what surprised us was the sojourn tax we had to pay extra and didn't get any tax confirmation. Finally, due to some printing problems, we did not get a receipt. We were told that we'll get the receipt by e-mail, but we haven't get it yet. The room wasn't refreshed before our arrival. It smelled like staleness. My child is allergic to dust and had an allergic attack during his stay there. The facility is located close to the main train station and there is a pretty strong train noise at any time of day and night. The price is quite high for the service we got. This is not a hotel, it's a private room rent business on one floor of a building without elevator. Breakfast is not bad, no restrictions, but coffee is diluted and isn't good. The town center is 10-15 minutes' walking distance. If Salzburg wasn't such a beautiful city, this accommodation would certainly have spoiled my day.

Average breakfast. Vicinity of the town centre (in walking distance).

It was Ok but I would not visit again this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

They said that they have parking but instead of that on the place there was no parking for the hotel since it is one flat of a building. I had to take my car 500 meters away in a public parking spot and paid 16 Euros for one night. Also the hotel didn't had hot water in the morning for showering. It seem like a good opportunity at first when did the booking but in real I would not go again in that place because they are not offering the services that they claim here on the Ad.

The place was clean, and the breakfast was ok

Good location to old town and Mirabell Gardens
    • Double or Twin Room

Better electrical outlets in the room, only one worked. The shower was lukewarm on the second day.

location was excellent to the old town. Walk was 10 minutes to Mirabell Gardens. Five minute walk from train station. Check-in and check-out was easy. European breakfast.

a horrible experience
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

Room extremely crammed - 5 beds was crammed into a double bedroom, unfriendly staff, no hot water for bathing, high price, breakfast horrible, please remove this hotel from Booking's,com.

There was nothing one could like

Close to city centre

Arrived and the hotel didn't have my reservation so was sent to a second hotel with the same owner (Buona Vita). When I arrived there it was also full and was sent to a third (Itzlinger Hof), where I stayed for one night before returning to the Buona Vita for the remainder of my stay. The staff do what they can and many were very helpful but I met who I believe to be the owner, who is extremely rude, dismissive and dishonest, and would absolutely not stay at any of these three hotels again for that reason.

Close to city centre

Well located within short walking distance to the main train...

Many of the powerpoints and appliances in my room didn't work, and the breakfast room wasn't big enough for busy times so I had to eat my breakfast in my room.

Well located within short walking distance to the main train station and close to the city centre and old town. Near shops and supermarkets

Browse Hotel Evido Salzburg City Center traveller photo gallery