2. Austria hotel reviews
  3. Vienna (state) hotel reviews
  4. Vienna hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Grand Ferdinand Vienna – Your Hotel In The City Center

Reviews of Grand Ferdinand Vienna – Your Hotel In The City Center This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Schubertring 10-12, 01. Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria

#147 of 327 hotels in Vienna

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

I will definitely be back there
    • Comfort Room

The only drawback is not functional rooms: the bathroom on the open plan, no closets, chairs, not enough hangers, problem where to put towels & bathrobes.

The hotel is located just in the center of Vienna, opposite to the Ritz hotel. The views from the top floor are specular on the roofs and tenement houses of Vienna. The hotel has a beautiful design and wonderful decorations. It is simply fantastic. There are 3 restaurants in it, the least attractive (apart from the lobby bar which fab) is the one at the 8th floor (menu/prices), in addition to this the male waiter service there is not nice and professional in comparison to the other 2 in the hotel famous for their schnizel and gulasch. The breakfasts are served at the top floor restaurant, they are very generous and tasty, some of the best I've eaten and the views are fantastic There is a pool on the last floor, but unfortunately I did not dare use it during wintertime. The hotel has its own cosmetics lines, the shower gel in the winter edition is wonderful, you can buy it at the reception desk for 12 EUR. In summary, I'm delighted with this place.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

The Hotel is in a good location however everything else was...
    • Standard Room

The room was not that small but the way it was organized made it seem small and uncomfortable. Sealing was ugly and dirty, the thermostat does not work properly either too cold or too hot. The bed was very uncomfortable. I woke up every day with back pain and the bed cover is very small either cover my legs or my head. On Thursday night I requested a Taxi the staff told me that it was impossible to find one because of some strike in the streets of Vienna and he advised me to walk in the cold weather ( -4) to the Vienna city hall (where I had to go for my event) I crossed the street to the Ritz Carlton and asked them for a taxi, imagine that although I’m not staying at their hotel the staff called and called till they got me a ride to my event.

The Hotel is in a good location however everything else was below expectation

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

• Standard Room

Service sooooooooooo slow in all bars and restaurants. At check in we were told our room wasn’t ready (we were early so fair enough) but if we paid €20 more we could get a room immediately. Then 5 mins later 3 or 4 couples checked in after us without paying anything. Very annoying. Didn’t find staff particularly friendly.

Location. Design. Comfortable

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Apart from the weird attitude we received, the stay was ok and more or less comfortable.
    • Comfort Room

1. On the first evening in the hotel restaurant, the waiter missed the glass and spilled red wine on our table. And did not bother to change the table cloth. And that was even before food came. 2. At breakfast staff ignored us and did not offer coffee or orange juice like they did with other guests. 3. Also at breakfast when I asked for another coffee, the waiter just poured black coffee straight into my unfinished cappuccino. 4. When we asked the concierge if the hotel restaurant is open for late lunch, he told us to go and ask ourselves.

Beautiful room and facilities, cleanliness, tasty breakfast on the top floor. Great views and atmosphere. Loads of instagrammable corners.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Really comfortable beds, restaurants were lovely and amazing...
    • Standard Room

There wasn’t any tea making facilities in the room or any room service to get any. I would expect at least one or the other at a 5 star hotel.

Really comfortable beds, restaurants were lovely and amazing Christmas decorations!

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Hotel was well situated within the city for us to easily explore on foot. Comfortable stay.
    • Standard Room

Cleaners came in without knocking at 8.30am and we were still in bed. Not enough hanging space for clothes. Room a little too compact. Shower cubicle in bedroom.

Very comfortable bed, nicely decorated. Quiet room.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Location was excellent.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast very expensive. Found it cheaper to make two separate bookings than book two nights together

Location was excellent. Easy access to trams and train station.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Wonderful hotel in Vienna!
    • Comfort Room

On the expensive side, but seemed reasonable for a high quality hotel in Vienna

Luxurious, well decorated, beautiful hotel in Vienna! Great location, nice shower, excellent breakfast (recommend adding it for the extra fee). Would recommend to others!

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Good location and friendly staff.
    • Comfort Room

The open concept bathroom is ok for a solo traveler, but would be uncomfortable for anyone sharing a room. It would also be nice if there was a bar or cafe on the ground floor where one could meet friends. Instead of a bench in the room, a chair or small sofa would be more comfortable for sitting.

Reception staff were very pleasant. Location was conveniently placed between the main train station and the old city landmarks. Room was very clean.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Location , clean, quality of food excellent , location of...
    • Comfort Room

No room service, for guests no automatic table reservation possible (only by explicit advance prebooking feasible), bistro next door outside possible (also with rain) , egg Benedict was a simple soft boiled egg (not how it is supposed to be), minibar very limited especially in the light of that there is no room service possible. Also snacks minibar 95% chocolate thing , no salty snacks (except knäppergebäck bag).

Location , clean, quality of food excellent , location of breakfast restaurant great (8th floor) with great rooftop terrace and views

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

A nice stay
    • Comfort Room

I find the lack of storage space inside the room to be subpar for a five-star hotel. The only thing you can unpack is clothes you can put on a hanger.

Grand Ferdinand has a great location and is overall quite a decent hotel. For a short stay, it offers everything you need.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

• Standard Room

Showers in room random, smelly piping issues in both rooms (went with a friend). Sulfur and mildew. Rooftop pool not heated enough. Overall price ridiculous for lack of services, ie no room service, limited kid friendly menu.

Great lattes!

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Excellent hotel, in a brilliant location. We would stay again .
    • Standard Room

The hotel was expensive, and the breakfast was ludicrously expensive.

Lovely hotel. Room was great and also the bar on the 8th floor was brilliant for drinks outside. The staff were wonderful too. I would recommend it

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

The location, the lack of carpets, the modern look and feel,...
    • Superior Room

The elevators (took forever to get in and out of the room with elevators not only booked but full of staff pushing carts, telling inside jokes and my favourite - changing clothes in the elevator!?!). Getting coffee at breakfast took 3 requests and 30 minutes followed by no apology by either the waiter, the breakfast booker or reception at check out when told about this. Let alone the ordered eggs never arriving. For a 29 euro breakfast, one was left wishing for more. In the rooms, one cannot open windows and desks are located away from the window so not optimal for anyone planning to work there. In short, don’t stay here for business. If you’ve got all day to wait for everything, works reasonably ok.

The location, the lack of carpets, the modern look and feel, the roof terrace

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Great interior design is blended seamlessly with absolute...
    • Comfort Room

More space is needed in the room for hanging and storing clothes (I had the smallest category of rooms). And I would have liked to switch off the ugly main ceiling light while keeping on the lovely bedside spotlights, but all were connected to one switch.

Great interior design is blended seamlessly with absolute comfort. Staff are incredibly professional, welcoming and warm. The room was wonderfully quiet and the bed like a cloud. Restaurants were very busy when I arrived on a Tuesday night... an excellent sign of their popularity even during midweek service. Check in and check out were brilliantly swift. The pool on the roof would be great for cooling off during summer months and I look forward to trying it out.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Location was great.
    • Suite with Balcony

The "manager" who took over checking us in (to sort a little issue out) was unsmiley & surly. Disliked that we paid for 2 Suites with Balcony@€1566 each room(3 nights) and their "welcome package" was 1x bottle of water in each room. She reminded us the next dat that everything other than the 1 bottle of water would be charged. Felt this was mean spirited on their behalf. At 11pm there was noise coming from above us(furniture scraping against the floor) & again same noise@5.40am through my earplugs. At 6am, I went down and asked reception what the guests above me were doing to make such noise I found out that our suite (705) was right under the bar. I didnt mind once I knew they were prepping for breakfast etc but the receptionist said, "oh NO ONE has complained about the noise before" like it was unreasonable for me to even mention it. Our other suite (704 below the pool) didnt get much noise from upstairs at all. (They did offer to move us to another room but with not the same views so i declined). Loved sitting on our balconies but disliked that we had no privacy from the people upstairs at the pool or eve drinks who could look down and chat to us. Disliked that the big bifold wooden thing that was supposed to darken the room for sleep wouldn't stay shut. I had to prop it shut with a chair our whole stay even though reception promised to get it fixed on our 1st night and again on our 2nd day. Totally unacceptable.The bathrobes were really old and brown and manky.

Location was great. Loved that they let us in the rooms early and gave us a slightly reduced price on the breakfast. Loved the breakfast staff and bar staff up on the 8th floor who were all wonderful.( reception staff could learn a lot about customer service from them). Loved the bath and the bath toiletries provided. Loved sitting on our balcony. Loved that Our checkout experience was 100 percent better with a very efficient and smiling staff member. Loved the bath(tho the novelty of bath in sitting room wore off pretty quickly) . Loved that our rooms was sparkky clean. Loved that the smiling house keeping staff came in the evening to make sure we had fresh towels.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Other than my comment above my stay was excellent.
    • Comfort Room

I really would have liked a chair in my room. Only being able to sit on the bed wasn't comfortable and not possible when trying to write in my travel diary. There is space in the room for a chair which would make it a lot more comfortable generally.

The central location was really great as was the inhouse eating facilities. The bed was also very comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Would definitely return
    • Standard Room

Overall nothing. An extra treadmill in the gym would be great!! This is a great hotel offering a very Viennese experience.

The food was excellent and the staff really friendly. Breakfast is great in roof top restaurant and the range of food on offer was very good. Ate in the downstairs restaurant one evening and again the food was excellent.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Dili in a 703 room behind the wall, something buzzed and...
    • Superior Room

Dili in a 703 room behind the wall, something buzzed and vibrated the bed. The hotel does not have a lobby with only two armchairs, on the first floor there is a disgusting smell of the kitchen, things stink after 5 minutes there.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Nice hotel with good restaurant facilities so great dinner...
    • Comfort Room

No tea and coffee facilities in the room and no room service! Lighting hard to work out - we didnt manage to master it. Breakfast expensive - cafe not 100 yards away had breakfast available at half the price.

Nice hotel with good restaurant facilities so great dinner options. Bed very comfy.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

The Service in the Restaurant was the BEST!

No lounge area No Tea and Coffee in the Rooms Needed a place to sit to wait for our Chauffeur for two hours was told that the 8th Floor is fully booked and we should wait outside Luckily the Restaurant allowed us to sit there - What a pleasure

The Service in the Restaurant was the BEST!!

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Despite awful rooftop bar service, the rest of the hotel was spectacular.
    • Comfort Room

The service in the roof top bar was absolutely terrible. Waiters did not care about us, did not follow up, it took ages to place an order. Very disappointing.

The location was fantastic, the hotel was very well designed. The restaurant on ground floor as well as the roof top bar was spectacular. The room while small was very well designed and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

The staff was very friendly, kind, and helpful.
    • Comfort Room

The room was quite small and we would expect more amenities to be included. We missed conditioner in bathroom, boiling watering can in the room; the outside swimming pool is not heated so despite 30 degrees outside it was not possible to take a plunge in it. The location is absolutely amazing which is the only rationale of the higher price.

The staff was very friendly, kind, and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

pleasant with a nice terrance

See the lighting comment above. Really it was fine and the cost was in the keeping with Vienna rates for a better hotel

The location is easy being on the Ring, so finding your way is easy. The Staff at the front desk are excellent and very very helpful. The rooms - we had too are light and airy or dark and gothic. The lighting scheme is best described as quirky. We had the same switches at the Wessler in Graz (the same family I think). A master kill switch and then all lights on or all lights off. So you couldn't have a bedside lamp on by its self. The only light that could be on by itself was a lamp in the bathroom area. So if you wanted to have a shower early and head out. You would do it, in the semi-dark to avoid waking the other half. However when all the lights were on it really wasn't much better. So don't bother doing any work at the desk unless you have excellent low light vision. Having said that I had a comfortable stay. The breakfasts were good, as expected. There are a lot of nearby options for food and coffee so it is not a problem to head out. Really sitting on the terrace having a cocktail before dinner was what made it all worthwhile.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Not a 5 Star Hotel. Overpriced for what it was.
    • Comfort Room

Service was bad. No room service, despite being a 5 star hotel. Pool was tiny. Hotel was overcrowded. Bathrobe only available in M, which realistically fits an XS.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

1. I asked them to remove the drinks from the room and they...
    • Superior Room

1. I asked them to remove the drinks from the room and they charge this simple service 20 € !! 2. The restaurant at the top of the hotel was providing Un - Halal food and they had unclear understanding of what’s the HALAl meaning for Muslims , plus the breakfast was too expensive!!

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Location, excellent staff!
    • Comfort Room

That during my first night half of the lightning didn’t work in my room. The elevator to the pool is actually a staff elevator, Also the hallway to the pool was always dirty.

Location, excellent staff! All my requests were full filled in a few minutes!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Enjoyable and great place to stay
    • Standard Room

The overall ambiance of the hotel the pleasant staff ,the nice view from the beer garden the room was as nice as expected with a very comfortable bed I would have no problem staying there again or recommend it to a friend

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Location, style, cleanliness
    • Standard Room

Service, particularly awful at breakfast. Pay the same price for cocktail on the roof terrace as you do at Ritz Carlton but service and cocktails nowhere near as good. Lovely hotel, but need to up the service

Location, style, cleanliness

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Your perfect city break
    • Comfort Room

The AC is a bit loud. The water tap in the sink is set on hot. It took me a while to adjust the temperature to something remotely bearable.

The hotel is centrally located, a few metres away from the Centre. The room's decor is quirky and the designer did a fantastic job turning a modestly sized room into a comfortable haven. The breakfast on the rooftop was a cherry on the cake. The views are awe-inspiring. The food selection is also good. I opted for a bowl of humble porridge. It's the tastiest I've had.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Totally recomended hotel, not the restaurant :)
    • Comfort Room

Even the breakfast is magnificent, the rooftop restaurant is not according to a 5 star hotel. Rice of rissotto was not well done, dishes too simple, bad performed and extremely expensive.

Staff is great, nice and very helpful. Awesome decoration and best location in the city. We got a good deal considering the prices in Viena.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Very disappointedly experience. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The staff was very unfriendly and absolutely unhelfull. We’ve booked certain category rooms, but upon arrival were given different (lower category) rooms until I spent almost whole first day trying to sort it out with the reception. Eventually we were given higher category room that was facing th street but windows were blocked by outside facade curtains (see photos). Which means the room stayed dark throughout the day. The team at the hotel didn’t even try to sort out the issue. When we tried to order room a room service we were explained that it is a five star hotel - and there is NO room service! Can’t really see the logic?? And I required a cup of tea or anything I should go myself to the restaurant on the 8 floor and bring it to the room. The hotel is absolutely not what we would expect from a 5 star hotel in a city like Vienna. As we were staying for 10 days we had to change the hotel for a different one. Which was also very problematic because me ever of reception team would refuse even talking to me about cancellation policy and said he can’t help me - I need to deal with it myself though booking.com.

The location is great.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Nice but didn’t worth the price
    • Standard Room

Check in process with the surprising request of deposit Staff at check in not very welcoming for a 4star hotel I found the service a bit impersonal and cold Poor breakfast (quality and variety) Reception and restaurant don’t pick up the phone / calls from room so for any request I had to go downstairs I found the housekeepers slightly rude All in all, I didn’t think that the services rendered worth the price if the hotel. I’ve been in cheaper hotels where the service was billion time better

Location Facilities Toiletries Bar and the view from it

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Beautiful view from the top terrace where they serve amazing...
    • Comfort Room

The swimming pool is the smallest we've ever seen!

Beautiful view from the top terrace where they serve amazing breakfast. Very good position for exploring the city and for shopping. Parking garage close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Enjoyed the stay. Nice room. Good location. Recommended.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was very expensive so we didn't avail of it.

Beautifully kept, nice staff, great location, comfortable room with all the necessary facilities and amenities.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

The hotel is fantastic, rooms and equipment perfect.
    • Suite with Balcony

We were not happy with the restaurant on the 8th floor. The service was horrible. They let us wait for such a long time with everything and the place was almost empty. Had to ask 4 times for our bill, couple of times for drinks, they were confused with our order, gave us wrong food. In 5 stars hotel, it should not happen.

The hotel is fantastic, rooms and equipment perfect. Nice location, close to everywhere. We were really happy!!

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

It is a nice hotel in a fairly convenient neighborhood, and...
    • Standard Room

It is a nice hotel in a fairly convenient neighborhood, and has a lovely rooftop terrace restaurant with good views. The rooms are clean and efficient. The staff could be friendlier.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Hit & a miss at The Grand Ferdinand
    • Comfort Room

Rooms are basic with no storage facilities. Would have preferred a separate shower facility rather than being alongside the bed.

Very convenient location for exploring Vienna The rooftop bar is very good for dinner.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Halfway to luxury
    • Comfort Room

There were just a few things not quite right; you had to take the service elevator up to the pool, which often meant long waits and walking past buckets of dirty towels and a slightly smelly corridor. Gluten free bread at breakfast took 25 mins and 2 reminders to arrive ("there was a problem in the kitchen"). There were dead wasps in the honey. The pool, though lovely, was mini - I would guess 2x4m? And on a hot day, there were not enough spots to sit by the pool and not enough shade. And I still don't understand why hotels can't make the check-in experience easier for guests - if I can give you all my details online before I arrive, why do I still have to queue up?

The view from breakfast was gorgeous, and we really enjoyed our breakfast on the roof terrace. My daughter loved the croissants and blueberry cakes at breakfast, and there was a good selection of other food.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Location is good and the room decoration is great
    • Superior Room

No room service! You cannot order food in the room and the hotel defiantly need two or three extra staff!

Location is good and the room decoration is great

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

A perfect place to bae your exploration of Vienna
    • Standard Room

No big negatives. A well run hotel.

A nice hotel in a great location. Walking distance from the TCAT (airport shuttle), and within easy reach of most tourist destinations. Room was comfortable. Breakfast on the terrace was lovely. A very well stocked buffet, and good service.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Stylish and comfortable
    • Comfort Room

Pool is deceptive from photos it could have been bigger but adequate for a dip to cool off.

Location was excellent, the rooms were comfortable and had style. The staff were very helpful, warm and attentive. I would stay again.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Nice hotel but nothing special.
    • Comfort Room

All was fine. Except the decoration in black but that was personal. We didnt like the toilet being far from the bathroom in the room and the view from the room was just ok nothing special.

The staffs was helpful and the location was ok. Quite central. The room was also clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Location is perfect, roof top bar is amazing.
    • Comfort Room

Gym was not as advertised basically useless if more than one person used it. Roof top pool should be called roof top bath if more than 3 people use it it is very uncomfortable. It was impossible to unpack your bag in the room, very nice style but tiny

Location is perfect, roof top bar is amazing. Breakfast is expensive but worth it at least one morning. Reception staff are very helpful

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Great reception staff, easy location, comfortable and stylish hotel with beautiful roof terrace.
    • Standard Room

It would have been improved if the service at the bar at the Grand Etage was faster, food and drinks could take over 20 mins to arrive. It was the same at buffet breakfast for any ordered items. One morning, we gave up on coffee after a 15 min wait. We'd prefer bedside lights that work independently of the main room lights... it meant that it was difficult for one person to read and the other sleep.

Loved the style & decor of this hotel. We enjoyed the Grand Etage floor with small bar area and tiny swimming pool even if it was incredibly busy due to the hot August weather. The air conditioned room was stylish and very comfortable for our 3 night stay.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Beautiful view from the terrace where to chill out.
    • Comfort Room

Maybe not my favorite way to shower (inside the bedroom) but nevertheless interesting experience and beautiful decor.

Beautiful view from the terrace where to chill out. Funny room with shower right next to the bed. Great experience “out of the box”

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Class class classy!
    • Comfort Room

The breakfast on the top of the building is a breathtaking experience, whenever it's sunny or rainy - the views are just great, the same applies to the pool - we bathed in the morning sunshine, just give it a try! This hotel is mostly defined by its two restaurants and you have to visit them both. Everything else is plain perfect.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Stylish Vienna City Centre Hotel with lovely RoofTop Views - Some weird design in Rooms though...
    • Superior Room

Stopped on the 3rd floor (11-13/07) Lighting was very poor,especially when the colour of the rooms were dark grey!!! The Lighting system was not that easy to use or overide,therefore you had to cope with an interogatting bulb just above you,when you watched TV in bed...There was an Indistrial all ove the room...but what I cant understand,the area of the water basin and separate areas for the toliet and shower...why it wasn't all unified,as it will be easier to clean as well... Prices of food and drink on the 8th floor ,were way more than average...service was very slow and it consisted of several members of learner staff!

Comfortable Mattress,Excellent Shower,Excellent Breakfast,Awesome Views from the 8 Floor's Restaurant/Bar/Pool area...

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Run from the suit with balcony
    • Suite with Balcony

The suits with balconies are placed at the 7 floor of the hotel. Run from it! It is the second highest rate they offer to the customers. It is an over 400 euros room. They promise you an outstanding view of the SchubertRing. And they do have, except for only one room of the 7 floor. The 701, where the unlucky guests, like me, are placed. There you will face a literal "dead view", like I showed in a picture that follows with my comment. In Brazil we would call this the "Neymar room", the deceiving one. During my 2 day-stay, I tried to talk with the reception for 3 times. I told them that it was unacepptable. They think that a 400 euro room like that is ok, and that the customers are responsible for what they choose. After some resistance from the staff, i finally was placed in a lower grade room, at the 6 floor, with view to the city. But nobody offer me any kind of upgrade for the inconvinience, no real efforts to compensate me for the troubles I had. It was only when I managed to print a booking confirmation in german, showing them that they promised me a "stadtblick" that they finally agreed to change the rate that i would pay. Pathetic way to treat the customer. Worse service i ve seen in long time

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Stylish, comfortable and very enjoyable stay
    • Standard Room

Very efficient check-in and check-out process. Received the room already at 11 AM. Stylish and very comfortable room. Excellent rooftop swimming pool and relaxing area. Great location.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

It was easy to get to the tourist spot because it was in the...
    • Superior Room

Two people checked in, but only one key of the room was given. I don't know why. When I saw the picture, there was a couch in the room, but when I entered the room, I found it missing. Breakfast was average for a high price. The staff at the food court seemed to be kind to Westerners. The dishes on our table were not cleaned until we had requested them..

It was easy to get to the tourist spot because it was in the center of town. The bedding is very good.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Paris in Vienna
    • Standard Room

Everything was perfectly fine.

Location, location, location! The view from the windows feels much like Paris, it is a close distance walk to most top attractions, also. The staff are above and beyond, kind, smiling and ready to help. Which applies also to the restaurants in the hotel. The food is great, the views from the top lovely, the pool remarkable, it would just take too long to list all the things we loved about the place.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Great design, disapointing staff
    • Standard Room

For a hotel of this standard we found the staff was not carefull for its customers. People got in our room when we were in it not once but FOUR times. not really intimate... When we told reception just a small "sorry" and no gesture. At this price , this is hardly acceptable An other thing : at breakfast we had to stand and go take our cutleries by ourselves...5stars hotel ?

The decoration is great, the rooftop is perfect to have a nice drink and the location of the hotel could not be better.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

A good location, and very comfortable if they're having a sale.
    • Comfort Room

The pool is much smaller than it appears in the pictures. They did not have early check in available and 2pm is on the late side.

The rooftop deck is delightful, even if it doesn't face the best parts of the city. The location very good, about half a mile walk from all the major attractions. The breakfast was good but definitely not worth the price.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

A few tweaks and it could be perfect
    • Standard Room

The only real issue of any note was the bar terrace on the roof; it's beautiful, but Austria has very different view on smoking - people smoke on the very narrow terrace and inside or outside the smell of cigarettes (and cigars - yuck) is everywhere makes it impossible to enjoy sitting there. Maybe they could make it non smoking or at least the very narrow part by the doors? The terraces narrowness is also a problem with the pool - we went during a heatwave and gave up the first two days trying to get space near the pool as it was so small and crowed.

The room we had was lovely (though a tad small), and the staff were also very friendly. The beds were extremely comfortable and the decor funky.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

The hotel has exceeded my expectations!
    • Standard Room

The hotel has exceeded my expectations! The decoration is superb and the bed is so nice, as well as the hair dryer! The reception is super friendly, even helped us to check-in the flight and print boarding pass! Impressed with everything!

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Nice place if not overpriced
    • Comfort Room

The room has been superficially cleaned after the first night and not restored the amenities neither changes the glasses used. The door of toilet was not able to remain close. All of that has been communicate to the staff during the staying. Finelly overated price for the experience lived

Nice terrace roof and design in some common part. Liked the overall image coordinate.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
    • Comfort Room

The air conditioner didn’t seem to be working

The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent. Cleanliness of the rooms was top notch. Roof top restaurant is a must.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

2nd time we stayed at the Grand Ferdinand It very convenient for shopping and seeing the sights.
    • Comfort Room

The aircon could not really cope with the heat in the bedroom - but usually the temperature is fine.

We love the restaurant on the 8th floor - it's a joy to sit up there either on the balcony or inside and have breakfast, a drink or tea. Staff are helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Location and artsy touch.
    • Standard Room

The stuff was not helpful at all. Very disappointed by this hotel. First, we requested an early check in, which we did not receive. It’s ok. Then we asked for a quiet room. They told us if we want to have a quiet one we have to pay extra. We were shocked. They also ask for a deposit which we left in cash and asked to give it back in cash as well. Not only they did not give it back in cash, they said sorry it would be send on your cc, but the money never came back. Super upset of the service.

Location and artsy touch.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Hotel is cool, but needs to work on service levels and recognition of loyal customers
    • Comfort Room

I've stayed in this hotel a few times and had many colleagues also stay for meetings I have held in the meeting room for multiple days. This is never recognized and therefore when I get a room in an inner courtyard next to the lift I'm not so impressed. Also the staff are so poorly trained, I was told at breakfast that I was sat at the wrong table to be served by a lady I called over - I had to get my own juice and coffee never came until I walked over to a member of staff

Room is comfortable Quality of food is good Location is good for shopping, restaurants

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Roof top bar is outstanding.
    • Superior Room

Bed (mattress) was not comfortable, had back pain in the morning. Rooms torwards ring very noisy because of trafic, therefore not possible to open window during night. Value for money NOT in balance. One notice that the hotel was desigend to optimise profit.

Roof top bar is outstanding.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Great location and the restaurant and bar on the roof top...
    • Superior Room

They don’t advertise the rooftop bar as much :-) and the rooms are different which is ok , but some of them don’t have cupboards and some do ( this should be more consistent)

Great location and the restaurant and bar on the roof top was the best , great service and great food

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Excellent stay, wonderful hotel.
    • Standard Room

Elevator is very confusing. You need to use card every time (up and down, when entering and when selecting floor), many of guests, including me, were going up and down not understaning what is happening.

I love this hotel! Very well furbished, very good restaurant, excellent location. Reasonable price taking into account quality, location and time of the year.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Definitely not 5 star experience
    • Comfort Room

The noise coming from everywhere!! 8 nights, no sleep! Small room No closet, there is no place for things Dark walls The cleaning ladys doesn’t knock, they just go in!! Very unpleasant! Smell from bathroom and drain was annoying..

Location Lovely rooftop restaurant

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Good place to stay for a short break and near the city centre
    • Superior Room

Wasn't able to check in early, porters never showed up for check out to take our bags.

Good Room size, clean, good toiletries, decent breakfast and the lady at the reception was very friendly and helpful.

Quite An Enjoyable Stay
    • Comfort Room

The design of the toilet was claustrophobic (behind a heavy hinged door that wouldn't stay open). The design of the plugs are in a figure of 8 shape that require use of special hotel adapters and there were no USB chargers. The pool was significantly smaller than expected (more of a large size jacuzzi for 2) and offered no privacy as it was located literally right next to the rooftop restaurant/lounge. This was a major disappointment to us as we booked the hotel for daily access to a swimming pool which we didn't go again after feeling self conscious as other hotel guests awaited by the poolside for my daughter and I to leave.

Staff was most helpful, bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. Hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro.

Cool Design Hotel in the City Center
    • Comfort Room

No room service possible – should be a matter of course in a five-star-hotel. Regular rooms are quite small – it could be a challenge for plus size or elderly people to enter the shower....

Cool overall style. Delicious breakfast buffet on the rooftop terrace with view over Vienna. Restaurants are all very recommendable (good Schnitzel!). Just a footwalk away from all sightseeing spots.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

• Comfort Room

We could only check into our room 2,5 hours after the official check in time. This was really frustrating for us as we had been traveling for almost 24hours and were really looking forward to a shower and a bed.

Great location. Good decor and nice vibe.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Hotel has a lot of potential but is not there yet, by a long shot......
    • Standard Room

Rooms are nice but the AC is not working properly. Therefore, on warmer days the rooms become extremely warm. In addition, the room was not tidied before 16:00. The rooftop restaurant where you can also enjoy breakfast is very nice in scenery. Unfortunately, the staff has limited experience and seems not to be used to work together.

Modern hotel with great rooftop bar.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

not up to my expectations ,
    • Suite with Balcony

no room service. no iron . no electric kettle or coffee machine though suite , no table or drawers. booked a suite with balcony over viewing Vienna but got view at the back yard with bad smells going into the room. will not recommend to any.

the friendly staff .

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Charming, modern, romantic & industrial
    • Superior Room

shower is next to bed with glass door - no privacy and not comfortable for non-couples

Clean, comfortable, beautiful romantic charming industrial rooms. Staff was very friendly, dinner and breakfast at grande etage was busy but very delicious - worth the money. Room was very quiet - I couldn't hear the neighbors or people coming home at night. Location is a 3 minute walk from opera directly on the ring with all the other 5* hotels. If you are interested in a modern but charming hotel I can recommend!

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Great location and friendly staff
    • Comfort Room

Great facilities. The rooftop restaurant and bar is amazing with fabulous views. It is also the perfect walking distance right into the heart of Vienna. We did not have breakfast but it looked good and there are breakfast locations really close.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

A little disappointed
    • Superior Room

Breakfast was fair but not as good as what we had experienced in places in Munich and Lakr Bled with the same ratings. Found the hotel to be dark ie passages and rooms. Maybe just too industrial type decor for our liking.

It was clean and staff pleasant

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

amazing stay in Vienna
    • Comfort Room

just the fact that there is not enough space to organize clothes. in my room i did not have a ware drop

had an amazing stay at the hotel. the room its very comfortable and nice. the staff is extremely kind and always ready to help. the restaurants in the hotel are amazing.

Browse Grand Ferdinand Vienna – Your Hotel In The City Center Traveler Photo Gallery