2. Austria hotel reviews
  3. Vienna (state) hotel reviews
  4. Vienna hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Grand Hotel Wien

Reviews of Grand Hotel Wien This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Kärntner Ring 9, 01. Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria

#25 of 327 hotels in Vienna

9.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Luxury in the heart of Vienna
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only few niggles were service in Rosengarten a little brusque, bed needed a mattress topper for comfort, no milk and/or very little creamer for the nespresso machine and they had no honey in smaller jars.

Breakfast was superb- option of champagne. Room luxurious with lots of amenities. A great hotel and super location. Reception staff were consistently pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Fantastic location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable bed. Very poor views for those facing the center.

Fantastic location. I was impressed by the beautiful bathroom and soft towels. Best Caesar salad ever!

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Old style Viennese hospitality in the middle of the cultural...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The cigar lounge is fantastic, but the smell of cigars is overwhelming to the whole hotel lobby Long queues for breakfast at peak moments

Old style Viennese hospitality in the middle of the cultural hotspot of Vienna

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Very relaxing
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was expensive. Eggs benedict with only one egg should be called egg benedict! Not a particular issue for us but the previous occupants of the room had left a packet of cheese or similar out on the balcony...probably needs to be disposed of.

Loved the room - super spacious and comfortable. Staff immaculate (the waiters in the downstairs bar made us feel very welcome). Beautiful property. Loved the sweet Greek lady who runs the spa - had the best massage!

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

A largely enjoyable stay in an excellent hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathroom only had a shower inside a bathtub which has high sided and difficult to climb in and out.

The hotel was clean and well serviced. The restaurants offered a good choice of food with a excellent breakfast. The location of the hotel was central with many famous buildings within easy walking distance

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Good location but a bit on the expensive side.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast very expensive at €35 if you don't eat a lot for breakfast. We found 3 places nearby offering breakfast between €6 and €11.

Grand entrance and foyer imposing. Location perfect as all the central sights are within walking distance. Restaurants and bars plentiful nearby. The U Bahn is 2 minutes walk away. Comfortable beds with linen sheets.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Centrally located. All the touristic sites are easily accessible
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shower curtain, and the view from my window; which wasn't what i asked for.

the location is great,beds are really comfortable,the staff showed a great deal of professionalism. I liked the bathroom,however, I always prefer a walk in shower for safety and hygiene, there was a shower curtain for the bathtub which I feel is not truly hygienic.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Perfect Vienna Hotel with Great Service in a Fantastic Location
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

WiFi kept on getting disconnected and required repeated log in.

Great location, within walking distance to all the main attractions. Staff was very friendly and service was superb. Great on-site restaurants as well.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Elegant sophistication
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast at 36 euro is expensive although many would argue good value as included freshly baked/produced cakes breads and pastries.

Old fashioned at it’s very best. Sophisticated luxury. Attentive courteous and superlative service. A joy!

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

ALL COST AND ZERO SERVICE - HOTEL AGAINST BOOKING.COM & PENALISE YOU FOR USING
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

On Check-In we were advised that due to being a Booking.Com customer, we were not able to secure a double bed, merely 2 twins pushed together. The room they gave us had serious aircon problems, so when we returned after dinner @ midnight, our room measured 27 degrees. Putting the system on LOW after 3 hours, we had achieved 23 degrees and no sleep. We opened the window, but alas the city is too noisy, so had 1-2 hours sleep max. The fact the city is so loud (which is fine) means the aircon is essential and therefore, each room must be checked regularly. We were moved @ 10am immediately, strangely enough to a double bed room, which hadn't been occupied the night before... Are the hotel actively trying to discourage Booking.com - an app I would expect accounts for well over half their RevPar... No upgrade was offered, an insincere apology was thrown into the conversation, whilst being told we should have called reception @ 3am and they would have called an engineer to fix our issue. I later escalated to a duty manager, who had assured me they would do something to compensate the poor first night, which did impact on the first day/morning of our trip (33% of visit). Alas, on check out, nothing had been done, and @ 5am when getting my cab, I was not in the frame of mind to explain to a third staff member, for what would ultimately the same zero effect. I have stayed in MANY exclusive hotels and would ADVISE against this at all costs.

Location only, but there are many more other options nearby, which I am sure would value your custom much more.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Like the location but I am not sure I would stay there again because of the mattress.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the mattress was too soft. they only provide 1 bottle of water for the 1st day - I was told I would have to order room service if I need more water.

love the location. very convenient to everything, restaurants, christmas markets, subway line etc. There is even a supermarket in the mall which is connected to the hotel

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Old-fashioned elegance and kindness
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was surprised that during my stay some extra amount/deposit (100 EUR for each night) was blocked on my credit card account. Even if it is common practice in some hotels in Vienna the hotel should inform about such practice on website (conditions of stay) or should mail correct information before the day of check in.

I am mature person born in central Europe who likes old-fashioned elegance and such kindness so I highly appreciate that both premises and its staff provide all that perfectly in all areas of services (bars and restaurants, room service, concierge, SPA etc.).

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Wonderful
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only blemish of our entire stay was the way we were treated by a man in the sushi bar (Unkai) that is connected to the hotel. After a lovely evening in the Opera we decided to stop in for a light bite. He made it very clear that he was closing in 30mins as he threw the menus at us and when we ordered said 'is that all' rolling his eyes. He took the plates away the second I ate the last piece of sushi and threw the bill onto the table, we hadn't asked for it. We told him that he was being inappropriate and rude and he threw the pen onto the table to sign the bill. Long story short, he was a disgrace and really tarnished our lovely evening. My recommendation is to remove this man from service or disassociate this sushi bar from the hotel. Its clear that we are not the only ones he has upset.

Hotel is absolutely stunning. Room was very nice. Staff we extremely helpful and service was top class. They brought a bottle of champagne to the room free of charge as we were celebrating a milestone birthday. I cannot recommend the hotel enough and will certainly stay here again when back in Wien.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Very good option for stay in Vienna.
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

The whole furnishing is a bit outworn and need to be changed, at least the carpet, curtains and damask.

I liked the location - in the top center. Also the rooms are spacious and well furnished, although a bit outworn. On the ground floor there is a shopping center with direct access to the hotel. Staff was very kind and supportive, breakfast was very good. In the room there was a coffee machine with Julius Meinl coffee pods.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Sorry it was just one night there

Nothing to claim about

Superb breakfast choice: there is Arabian food corner,Japanese food corner and very rich European food table.All meals are excellent quality

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Wonderful Historical Hotel in a Prime Location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The beds weren't the best. It's not bad, but for a luxury hotel, I expected better. With that being said, I had a good night's rest on both nights I stayed here because the room is very soundproof.

Loved the decor of this historical hotel. Even though it has been renovated over the years, they still kept it's original classy and luxurious charm. The location is in a perfect location central to everything. We booked a room with two twin beds and it was a small, but good size room. The bathroom is nice and spacious. The shower felt so good with the right pressure and temperature. Service was excellent and we loved the turndown service they offered. I'll be writing a full review on my blog at Travel Pockets if anyone is interested :)

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Located in the center of all we anted to do, the Grand Ho el Wein was an excellent choice

Although comfortable for sleeping, the mattress edges were not firm and might need attention.

We chose a junior suite and it was elegant and very comfortable. Staff was wonderful and the concierge, Felix and Phillip arranged for everything from opera tickets to reservations for dinner at Restaurant Sole.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room type that I booked wasn't prepared. Instead, hotel offered another room with higher price, which lose the reptation of this hotel. Then, I left my hat in the room I stayed. I contacted the hotel to check where my hat is, however no ne helped me...............It was very very disapointing.....

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Very comfortable and quiet rooms.Helpful staff.Amazing breakfast.And the location is fantastic!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

First thing I didn't like was the fact that I was asked to pay deposit - 300€ right away as I walked up to the reception in order to check in. It was not mentioned anywhere(on the site during booking) and it's quite inconvenient,so keep in mind before you book. The porters were bit rude,never smiling or greeting. The cushion on the armchair was stained and I couldn't touch it and the housekeeper never changed it(I stayed three nights).There was a coffee machine in the room but I wish it was an ordinary kettle instead.Also,I wanted the price list of the mini bar but it never appeared in my room,even though I asked for.

Well,the hotel is just 2 minutes walk from the opera and other sightseeings are easy to reach even on foot. Amazing atmosphere at the hotel reception,comfortable and quiet rooms. Breakfast was nice and ofcourse the stuff at the buffet - excellent! Very helpfull and friendly.The receptionists were also friendly and always smiling. I really recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Great location and comfortable place

a bit expensive.

This is one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. Its very close to the main shopping areas and also it has a shopping center right behind it with access from the hotel itself. Nice grocery shop with very reasonable prices and freshly made sandwiches. Also its few steps away from the main train station with access to all areas.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Recommend to everyone!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staying at Grand Hotel Wien was a very good experience. Good location, very friendly staff and comfortable atmosphere with a classical Austrian interior design.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

We made a great choice and I recommend this hotel to everybody.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I tried hard but could not find anything that I did not like.

The location was great, the room, the bed was so comfortable, concierge services were wonderful, whatever we had touched was amazing but more than anything and everything the staff was so kind and we felt like we are home. Thank you so much.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Luxurious hotel in a perfect location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The billows were very uncomfortable. The ones we got when we asked for replacement were much better. AC is very noisy so had to turn it off. TV is very small and has very limited channels variety.

Luxurious hotel in a perfect location. Few minutes walk from the opera house and city centre with underground station only two minutes away. The hotel is very amazing with the golden royal touch finishings of every small detail.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Great value for money
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

Wifi was very poor. Could use it only in public spaces -- in the room and in the beds was't vailable. We did not get an invoice from the hotel -- they claimed that booking.com should provide that. However, booking.com never provided us with an invoice.

The place is well designed and looks amazing. Breakfast contained many things to select from in the bufet and to order from menu as part of the breakfast. The breakfast staff was very kind and helpful. The food in breakfast tastes great. Room was elegant and a lot of space. Shower, bath tub and toilet as well as sinks (2) were very comfortable and functional. Beds are comfortable. location is excellent.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Temperature control in the room was poor, bed was too soft . The breakfast was to expensive for what was being provided. Definitely not 5 star struggling to make 4 star I have stayed at many 5 star hotels In the world

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Overall our stay was faultless and the not so good point were completely out weighed.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The coffee was not what we would expect for vienna that could be improved on. The bed maid came round at a difficult time in the evening to turn the bed down. The TV channels were limited to news channels, more options would have been good.

The staff are so welcoming and so helpful. The location was perfect for all the major attractions and galleries. The room was well laid out and there was everything to hand. The air conditioning was easy to use.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

An excellent place to stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Really strict on breakfast time. If you are 5 mins late don’t expect any breakfast! Staff clear away buffet on the dot.

Loved that the hotel was so central to loads of great places and restaurants. Staff hotel were friendly they upgraded our room and put a complimentary bottle of champagne in there as I had mentioned it was our anniversary! It was a nice touch to start our weekend off with.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Not the same pictures as they advertise
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I’ll like to mention that ,when you book a hotel directly from booking.com the pictures are shown you excellent room ,once you arrive in the hotel they say oooo that room is superior and I not the same with the others ,and I believe is not correct because I book whatever I saw in the the pictures,and nobody tell you told me is not the same with the pictures, I believe the booking.com it must be to do something with this because I’m traveling every month and most of the hotels they say that excuse, and is not fair.

Location staff excellent

Perfect long weekend stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had booked concert tickets at the Musikverein and tickets for the Staatsoper - the location of the hotel was simply perfect as it was equidistant to both locations, a relaxed 5 minute stroll! The hotel staff we very friendly and extremely accommodating. The room was perfect and the beds so comfortable - turndown service resulted in a room/bathroom refresh before retiring for the night The whole hotel was spotlessly clean. I would definitely recommend a stay at the hotel 😀

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Many aspects were great, the location, the style of the...

Unfortunately a last minute spoiler, after checking out we asked the doorman to get us a taxi to the airport, the one they got us did not use a meter and did not have credit cards facility, he overcharged us by at least 20% and I had to go into the airport to get him cash, my advice is you should check with them before getting into a taxi

Many aspects were great, the location, the style of the building, the food and restaurants, it’s a top hotel if you don’t mind spending a little extra

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Superb location, last atmosphere and super friendly staff,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing to dislike, we stayed 5 nights and it was all perfect.

Superb location, last atmosphere and super friendly staff, perfect place to stay in Vienna.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

We enjoyed our stay. The service was consistently good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There is a bar reserved for smoking which is open to and above the reception area and lobby. This means that there was a smell of tobacco at that end of the lobby whilst checking in or out which is fine if you are a smoker but not so appealing if you are not.

Nice to have tea or pre-dinner drinks listening to the accomplished pianist in the lobby bar. The breakfast buffet offered a wide variety of things to cater for all tastes. Very convenient central location. We enjoyed very spacious, well appointed and quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Wonderful stay in Austria's beautiful Capital City.
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

Maintenance in the room could have been better. Light bulbs not working, shower/bath drained very slowly. Hairdrier had to be replaced. Didn't get turndown service one night.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was delightful. Breakfast was first class and the dinner venue was excellent. The bar was ideally located and welcoming, loved the live music in the background. Hotel location was ideal, close to transport links, Opera House was 5 min walk away, shops and restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Perfect location for Vienna

Lobby bar often smelled of cigarette smoke and is not a particularly relaxing place as there is no physical separation from the reception area.

Excellent location, very good staff. Our room was large (60sqm) and very well appointed. Nice spa but no pool.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

I asked for a room suitable for people with disabilities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I asked for a room suitable for people with disabilities. the room wasn’t, specially the bathroom didn’t have any supporting handles around the toilet seat

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Wonderful!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The cost of a gin and tonic at the bar, almost 18 euros!

We were upgraded to a junior suite, and it was wonderful and huge! The bathroom was bigger than the room we had at our next hotel. The linens on the bed and in the bath were wonderful. The hotel is in a great location to explore the city. We arranged a car service through the hotel to transport us from the airport to the hotel. It was nice to have a coffee maker in the room, something we did not have at our next three hotels in Austria.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

strange
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Warning for the next guests: they will supplementary charge 100 euros/night as a guarantee for no idea what and it is not mentioned anywhere in the description of the propriety on booking.com. So if you stay 10 days, for instance, 1000 euros more. Just let you know it.

The location.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

There was broken glass in the room which we suspect was due to a glass of Water being dropped on the floor by housekeeping which they then forgot to Clean up. As a result my brother cut his feet on broken glass! Really not what I expect from a 5 star hotel. Also we left some cakes for a special occasion which we brought all the way from malaysia. After we checked out we remembered we left it in the fridge. We then asked the reception if housekeeping found it and they said no. It sounds like housekeeping just threw it or kept it for themselves and then pretended to never find it!

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Perfect

I loved everything, just had a little problem checking in. thats all

the location was perfect for tourists. We arrived at 11 am , and the rooms were not ready because the check in time is 2 pm, just like every where else. but at 2 pm our room was not ready and they said the it wont be ready in like 1-2 hours. then they wanted to give me free drinks to make up for it but i said that i dont want the drinks , just want to get some rest in my room. After they saw how upset I was they offered my an upgrade from my original reservation. So it was all good. The hotel is really nice , I loved the breakfast and the location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

The "Grand" Grand hotel
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

One of the best places to stay in central Wien. Gorgeous and magnificent look on the outside and inside which makes it stand out. The golden hall and the opera house is right around the corner. The staff was very polite and helpful in check-in and help with luggage. Was lucky to get an upgrade to junior suite. The room is spacious with classic and unique decoration style. Bathroom is clean and tidy with a bathtub and toilet in a separate room. Good breakfast options with Asian food and steak/omelette which you can order. Price is reasonable compared to other 5 star hotels in the neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Fantastic!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Yes, the eggs were extra fluffy and delicious. In fact, the breakfast selections exceeded our needs and expectations. The towels were extra thick which was lovely. I loved the pillows. The staff was very friendly and the location is fantastic.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Walking distance to the major attractions and one bock from...
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

Walking distance to the major attractions and one bock from a Underground Station. Airport nonstop train is two Underground stops away and was amazingly easy to use. Got boarding passes and checked luggage at train station (CAT). Sooo easy and quick to airport.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Location, service, restaurants and amenities were great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed and bedding left much to be desired. Tub had chips/ rust spots. Carpet in hallways looked dingy and dirty. Marriott was far better and less expensive. Did not like non-refundable reservations. We would have changed our reservation but hotel/Booking.com would not allow without penalty.

Location, service, restaurants and amenities were great. Beautiful old hotel- aesthetically pleasing. Color scheme, furniture, closets and amenities were very nice. Adjoining mall was appreciated, but didn’t stay open late evening.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Breakfast delicious.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only a very few English TV channels. Frequent malfunction with keycards.

Breakfast delicious. Spacious, clean rooms. Very impressive and opulent public areas. Piano in the evening.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Lovely Hotel, positioned very well for the attractions in Vienna.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

When we arrived there was only one bathrobe in the room. When we placed towels, etc, in the wash, the bath mat, face cloths were not refreshed. The same happened with the bathrobe, therefore, this made us short on towels, etc. We did not use the breakfast facilities as we really did think these were far too expensive. SHAME!

You do not mention family members in your first question and this is applicable to me. I met up with my Grandson who had been travelling and finished his travels in Vienna where we both met. We both loved the classic style of The Grand Hotel. There were lots of lovely "touches" all around the Hotel. Our room was comfortable and, again, had many nice "touches".

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

The refined retro style is wonderful.

I have been visiting this hotel for years. Unfortunately, this time made me feel uncomfortable with the condition of the bed. The mattress is heavily depreciated - it just disturbed the quality of my sleep. I also registered a non-professional attitude from the staff on a number of issues.

The refined retro style is wonderful. Breakfast is also high.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

I would highly recommend this hotel.
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

Food on main floor lounge was average but very expensive.

Loved this hotel. It is in the perfect location - all the main sites and shopping area are within easy walking distance. Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them - The Concierge had excellent recommendations for dinner and made reservations for us and also obtained concert tickets for us. The room was lovely and very clean, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

• Exclusive Double or Twin Room

Our flight was delayed 2 hours and no late checkout was allowed. We were 3 in the room with one extra bed with extra charge. Really really not comfortable. They should have more comfortable extra beds.

Good location Good breakfast options

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Nightmare and ghost staff
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

The staff was so rude and they deal with me and my family in very bad way they was really trouble and my kids was very Frittenden from the staff they were very aggressive and bad dealing with me I informed the embassy about them they were really very bad experience and nightmare.

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Lovely breakfast the hotel is central to everything for...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We were travelling as a group and we did ask for twin bed rooms which we were not allocated at the start but it did get sorted out. Although we had paid in advance they took a credit card as a security for all of the rooms and then took the money off the account which was not good for one of our party, as it took her a few days to get the money back into her account . Other than that our stay was very good.

Lovely breakfast the hotel is central to everything for sights and eating and staff very helpful about giving you information about things to do and how to get there.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Staff are not friendly... Although I booked 3 rooms for 30 nights (free cancelation) they refused to cancel one night only !! The reservation manager was rude and not helpful, no respect for guests .

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Hotel was really well placed for all the museums and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only item which could have improved our stay was a pool in the spa, but we knew that when we booked.

Hotel was really well placed for all the museums and galleries. The room had lots of extras that go with a luxury hotel. The front of house staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

It's a great hotel next time in Vienna will definitely stay there.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The view of our rooms was not good for the price we paid. We had actually no view, and made it feel dark.

The service, atmosphere, food and drinks with piano music were superb.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

The location was perfect .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I got a room on back side and the WiFi was not working

The location was perfect .. the WiFi was bad, the staff was very good , the view from my room was ..... , to reach the room from the elevator ... have to walk some distance

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Great location and amazing breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They can have more info and plans for tourists.

Very well located in Vienna. Lovely break fast. Luxury property. The front office manager Thomas is very helpful and responds the requests and issues very promptly.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Room service staff and booking
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

There is a reason for the “Do not disturb” sign. Staff should not disturb no matter what if the sign was on. During our stay, one of the staff members walked in on my daughter Without permission. She was in the bathroom and he didn’t hear her say to not come in, and he ignored the sign and walked in anyway. This is very unacceptable. Also, I booked for 2 rooms with single beds and a view, upon arrival, I was given different rooms with two single beds in each room and I had to wait until they found another room for me. I didn’t receive what I payed for. Also, there are many people from different countries staying at the hotel, so even the room service staff should know how to speak English. This is the simplest thing for a five star hotel.

The location was very nice. Also, the staff at the reception were very friendly, especially Mr.Thomas Koppiysch. He was very helpful and he tried to fulfill my expectations despite the booking problem.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Best facility and service!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facility is amazing and staffs are so friendly and thoughtful, We can't thank the staffs enough for their kindness. We have stayed so many 5* hotels in the world, this is the best stay!

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

A pleasant stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room carpets..If they could be replaced..

The location is very good..close to shopping areas and points of attractions. The breakfast was very good as well and included many varieties. The Hotel room had the right size..

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Great hospitality.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Towel quality poor. Carpet in hallway badly in need of replacement. Terribly stained and makes one apprehensive upon arrival as to the quality of the room.

Welcome was great. Spacious and comfortable room. A/C worked fine.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Impeccable service and staff.

The carpet in the room

Impeccable service and staff. Beautiful 5 star environment. Room very nice and big even though I had only a “normal” double room. Very special place to be. At 17 o’clock there has been a piano player at the piano-bar close to the hall where to chill out until 19.30.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

just perfect
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the only negative thing was that paying 100 euros for each night that we take while checking ou

This hotel exceeded our expectations, the location is too close to the shopping area , there is an access to a mall in the Hotel the level of cleanliness was fabulous that the housekeeping clean the room more than once per day, the staff were really friendly

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

They offer a good japanese cuisine.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would like to drink a hot green tea. Unfortunately, there is a coffee maker but no a hot pot. Air conditon is not controled well, especially to moderate cool or stop cool.

They offer a good japanese cuisine. All the staff attitude is very fine, they make me at peace. I would like to stay again as the atmosphere is quite nice. I hope the hotel make improvemenns for air conditioning and pot.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Location is just on point so its closer to everywhere.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

SAFE safe safe ! As i am working in the same industry you have to change your locker safe. They robbed my wallet in the center of vienna so it was horrible that i coul not open my safe because my all cc were stolen so the maintenance guy had to drill it to open the safe. Please it is 2018 , for the sake of ur guests change your safe to new versions with pincodes. I was not very impressed about cleaning of the room because every day i was seeing hairs on the bathroom area. Apart of those issues, hotel and staff are pretty fine.

Location is just on point so its closer to everywhere. You can walk mostly everywhere in the center of Wien. Hotel has nice interior just the i found the TV is very small. It has shopping center entrace directly from the hotel so u will find it quiet nice. It is secure hotel.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

A magnificent hotel in an excellent location.
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Perfect in every way but the bathroom scale was unfriendly ;)

A magnificent hotel in an excellent location. Staff was classy, efficient helpful and informed. Room was spectacular with extraordinary accessories. Like living in a palace room.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Tradition and Beauty
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I think the only disappointing thing in this incredible hotel was the breakfast.... really not a 5 stars one

For the rest... everything was perfect and beautiful!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

We were upgraded to a junior suite free of charge. Staff very friendly, helpful and prodessional

Can’t think of anything!

We ate breakfast out. Hotel breakfast not included in our rate and was expensive. However we ate in the hotel for lunch and twice for dinner it was excellent

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

It was quit close to the Platz so I consider it as a...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I would prefer if the hotel has a swimming pool

It was quit close to the Platz so I consider it as a strategic location as well as the design of the hotel and rooms

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Fantastic Viennese Grand Hotel Experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Less amenities (no pool), but expected for such a historic hotel. It’s on the cheaper side, but I think you are getting more than you pay for.

If you’ve been dreaming about the “grand hotel” experience, this is a great value way of getting it. Service and attention to details were exceptional.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Needs more staff training
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The concierge was rude and dismissive on several occasion. Housekeeping completely skipped our room one evening and did a poor job other days. Breakfast service was very slow

Front desk staff was lovely as was the hotel itself

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Hotel reflects the glory days of Vienna.

That we had to leave!

This is truly a Grand hotel. Spectacular exterior, lobby and our superior room with large marble bath were nicer than the photos show. Staff were friendly, genuinely helpful, and not snobby like some hotels of this class. Location was half a block from the beautiful Opera House and close to tram and subway stops. Couldn't have been better. We got a fantastic price too, although breakfast was not included.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

It was an extraordinary experience.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was absolutely wonderful and beautiful. The breakfast buffet was beyond expectation. Dinner was incredible. Would highly recommend the hotel to friends and family.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

The location is really the best there is!
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

The location is really the best there is! walking distance to major attractions. The room was nice and clean, the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very good, in addition to the buffet, they have made to order dishes.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Stunningly beautiful hotel, gorgeous room, great location.

Nothing all fine

stunning hotel in great location. beautiful room. Lovely breakfast in gorgeous surroundings. (Not sure that this price would have included cooked option though - the price of which seemed expensive if we understood menu correctly). Friendly helpful and professional staff.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

location great.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

cigarette smell in lobby only one bottle of water in room. other hotels leave a fresh bottle every night. mix up with beds- did not have twin beds in room with nice view of ringstrasse- i upgraded and spent extra for room but when i got there they only had a queen size bed with the nice view- it was a bit miss leading

location great. gormet grocery attached to hotel. very helpfull concierge.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

A very enjoyable stay at a grand dame of a hotel.
    • Exclusive Double or Twin Room

Overpriced drinks in bar Insufficient tables at breakfast during 8-9 peak period The other guests constant use of phones. Why do they have to FaceTime at full volume. Do they ever look at those photos again?!

Good location for main attractions. Traditional furnishings, spacious accommodation Quiet given main road frontage Good selection of food at breakfast

Browse Grand Hotel Wien Traveler Photo Gallery