Reviews of Hotel Hahn Vienna City 3 stars

Mautner Markhof-Gasse 72, 11. Simmering, 1110 Vienna, Austria

#236 of 316 hotels in Vienna

Good for a cheaper spot a little out of the city
    • Classic Room

Because we didn't arrive until around 11 PM, we had some issues calling and checking into our room because after a certain time the door is locked to get inside the hotel. However, once we were able to get a code to get inside/get our key everything was good. It seemed both outside the front of the hotel and behind it there was a lot of construction going on but you don't hear it from the rooms.

For two nights and for the price it was great. Room was clean and comfortable and had everything you need for a good nights sleep. $35 Uber to the airport from here, and 5-10 min walk to subway station to get into the city center.

Comfortable convinient place to stay for few days
    • Classic Room

Very close to metro station that ride directly to city center. Nice system that allows to get key using special code if you arrived late at night. Good wifi coverage in the room.

A pleasant stay at the hotel 10 minutes away from the city centre by Underground.
    • Classic Room

At the time of our stay (late March 2018) there was some construction work on the site (so there was no parking on site) and that's why there was a loud noise from ca. 6*30 a.m. till 8 p.m. from the machinery. However, the staff were able to give us another room (even better than the first one) facing the other side of the building without any delay.

Great location within a short walk from the Underground station and trams, lots of cheap places to eat (pizzas, kebabs, snack bars), two large shopping centres. The staff was very efficient and friendly.

Very kind staff and very soft bed, the bathroom was...
    • Classic Room

Very kind staff and very soft bed, the bathroom was interesting in the room but really cool. We had fun, we'll come again if we'll be in Wien.

Enjoyable and inexpensive with nice premises and friendly staff.
    • Classic Room with Parking

I would like to have the door to the bathroom. You have to be pretty intimate with the person staying in the room with you.

It was comfortable, reaching it was no fuss, the price was excellent, location was perfect for me, maybe not the closest to the city centre, but that's what public transport is for.

Short stay in Vienna
    • Classic Room

The heating installation for the room was not sufficient.After 2 hours waiting for the temperature to rise,we asked for a portable electric heater and finally the problem solved.

The location was very good

Quick, restful overnight stopover.
    • Classic Room

The hotel is farther from the airport than I expected and required a fairly expensive taxi ride if not familiar with the local public transportation. This cost nearly as much as a more expensive hotel closer to the airport.

Really good restaurant within 5 minute walk. Good buffet breakfast served early. Quiet location on a minor street near suburban town center.

Would have moved to another hotel the night we arrived if we knew our way around.
    • Classic Room with Parking

No AC - room was hot our first night there with the desk clerk telling us they turned ff the AC with 10 C temp (Temp was 89 F). There was no room frig or shower soap/shampoo that is traditionally found in other hotels. The sink light was blinking like a strobe light when we arrived - was replaced the next day. But most importantly, there is no ON-SITE help after 8 pm. When we called about our room being too hot, the employee replied," I can't help you. They're there from 7 to 5." WRONG - they leave at 8 pm. And the breakfast was the worst ever in taste and selection. Would never stay here again.

close to the train station so we could get to our bus for our return trip to Germany.

Spacious room with a very comfortable bed.
    • Classic Room

If you arrive late in the evening it is pretty difficult to find a parking space on the street.

Spacious room with a very comfortable bed. The hotel is located at the periphery of Vienna, but close to the metro station. Lots of shops and restaurants in the area.

A great place for a short stay
    • Family Room

Reception closed at 20:00, and we didn't have a working phone to call and get our key and it took a while to get in. Also, parking isn't free, unless you park on the street and at evening - there is no place to park.

A very big room and clean. Close to the airport. We didn't stay long but we liked our 1 night

Took me a minute to figure!
    • Classic Room

Location! No front deck! Bad customer service , no value for the money . Old fashion rooms, really old fashion

Took me a minute to figure!! None I guess.

I enjoyed my stay there and I will choose it again if I returned back to Vienna
    • Classic Room

I think that it would be better if there was a mini fridge in the room and a kettle for tea and coffe Also I would be more happier if the hotel supplied the rooms with tea and coffe packets

The hotel is very comfortable,quit and clean, the staff are very nice, friendly and helpful, it was near by the public transportation and it was easy to go to any place in Vienna, it is surrounded by different types of restaurants and supermarkets are nearby, I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and if I returned back to Vienna, I will choose it again.

Room with parking
    • Classic Room with Parking

We needed a hotel with confirmed parking place at this location and we found this one. Just one click and we booked a room with parking. The keys were ready in the safe box as was written. Our room was spacious and clean. But no fridge and A/C. Anyway, we were happy about this choice.

If you have a small budget but want a nice place to stay, this is the place.
    • Family Room

The second room with two beds is a bit small. Cheaper stay comes with a price - you have around 30min to the city center.

The main room is big and the bathroom is nice and clean. The whole place is more like an apartment than a hotel room which I liked.

free parking, clean rooms, nice staff.
    • Classic Room

there was no breakfast served exactly at those days, and I was only informed one day before. usually I only book places where I can have breakfast so I was extra disappointed as I might have re-booked if I knew there is no breakfast, but it was already too late when they informed me they already charged my card and I couldnt cancel. Also, there was no fridge in the room...

free parking, clean rooms, nice staff.

Great value for money, very recommendable
    • Classic Room

No air-condition (with 34 degrees Celsius outside A/C would be very helpful). Street below the windows quite noisy (with the windows open). Breakfast and parking are quite expensive (in our case cca. 50% added to the original price of the room).

Very spacious room with high ceilings, lots of light. Bathroom with shower cabin. Breakfast was great, a lot of choice of salty and sweet foods. The personnel was very nice and helpful. The subway is a 5 min walk, direct line to Stephansplatz. The hotel gave us the information about a restaurant nearby which was great. We were allowed to leave the car in the hotel parking after the check-out which was very helpful, because we could have some extra time in the city before departure, without searching for a new parking space - we appreciated that.

location near to pick up point of tour ,
    • Classic Room

hotel could use some improvements / upgrades better shower facility

location near to pick up point of tour , within short walking distance of a very Good Bavarian home cooked meals restaurant

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Very far from the city center and also a bit to far from the subway
    • Classic Room

The shower and the sink is not separated from the room, this is a big problem when you are travelling with a friend and not your partner or alone. Also there is a main road close by and it can be a little noisy, especially if you want to leave the window opened.

The room was clean and I appreciated that I could leave my luggage in the morning and then I found it in my room.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Good hotel, quiet neighborhood
    • Classic Room

The area around the hotel is safe. Do mind that city center is located 20 minutes away by subway (not a big issue).

Cosy hotel. It has an adequate lift (appreciated when carrying large suitcases). Clean, quiet hotel. Good breakfast, with a good offering of fresh fruits.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The location is near subway station.
    • Classic Room

There are days when reception doesn't work. In that case you have to call somewhere(but what should I do in case I am not resident of Austria and I have no phone roaming? ). It is absolutely not comfortable to pass quest "get keys from your room" when you arrive tired. Also shower is with transparent doors, which is not good if you shame to take shower naked to someone.

The location is near subway station.

Very good
    • Classic Room

Nobody on the reception after 20:00 and on Friday and weekends after 13:00. Air fan in the bathroom is very loud.

Rooms very clean, free parking on the street, breakfast not bad, metro station (U3) is very close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Not a luxury hotel or a Basic One but it's like Nice Home ...
    • Classic Room

Almost nothing just TV channels need to be improve

Location ...neighborhood different... Near Simmering Station Train & Metro getting there by fr Wien main station" exact five mintues also from there we used it to go to the famous outlet outside of vienna & to go back to the airport Enkplatz Metro & tram station make it easy to reach everything...both stations are exact 700 meter walking ...

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

It is a quiet hotel, located in the outskirts of the city...
    • Classic Room with Parking

It is a quiet hotel, located in the outskirts of the city but it is easy to get to the centre as there are two metro stops and some tram stops within five minutes' walk. The room is spacious and comfortable. Wifi is fast and reliable. Parking is safe (for some money) and there is enough space for your car even if it is of larger size. The staff is nice, easy to communicate with even before check-in. One morning there was much less breakfast served for the same price compared to previous day.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Perfect!
    • Family Room

The hotel is very beautiful. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is delicious. The location of the hotel is perfect (near to the underground station).

Very nice.
    • Classic Room

There was no 'nearby gym' as mentioned in the listing.

Clean, fresh, very good breakfast, strong wifi, good staff. Underground station 5 minutes away.

Cozy hotel in the suburbs of Vienna
    • Classic Room

The parking fee was not indicated to be 12 EUR / day in the hotel's garage; parking was only free in the street next to the hotel. The area of the hotel is rather industrial.

The hotel was pleasantly clean and was located in a quiet area in the suburbs of Vienna. Breakfast was fair enough, too. The staff was kind and helpful. Despite being small, the room was cozy and had everything that was needed (including safebox).

Average
    • Classic Room

Extremely poor selection if TV channels (only 10 german channel,no english channels, no radio). Lack of refrigerator in the rooms.

Free parking, in front of the hotel-on the public street. Very helpful staff. Clean. Nice and cosy atmosphere.

Having read the small print I noticed that the reception...
    • Classic Room

Having read the small print I noticed that the reception hours were not convenient for our arrival, however a short email allowed the evening hotel entry information to be shared. Very efficient.

It was 5 minutes walk from Wien Simmering station.
    • Classic Room

It was 5 minutes walk from Wien Simmering station. The receptionist was vey friendly and the room was clean and tidy. The wifi worked well. I would use again

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Good room rate.
    • Classic Room

Far from City lights. No friendly details inside the room. Public parking place difficult to find nearby.

Good room rate. Good English speaker staff. Large bright room. Decent TV channel selection. Quiet surroundings. Small possibility but still to find free public parking place.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Nice place, but a little bit too expensive
    • Classic Room

- too expensive for the area and what offers, it takes 30min to get into city center by metro(u-bahn) - bathroom has mirror not above the basin, but in the right of it and the lighting is on the third wall, this makes shaving very difficult. Also shower and basin are not separated from the room by any doors.

- nice staff, very helpful and friendly - good breakfast, good money value for the breakfast - nice cleam rooms - free public parking, easy to find a place because is way out of the city center - 5 min from metro(u-bahn) station

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Free parking, metro station is very close to the hotel.
    • Classic Room

Panorama was a chimney from our window, the bed was two bed pushed together instead of one double.The heating system was laud as well the air ventillation in the toalette.

Free parking, metro station is very close to the hotel. The room was clean and big.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Hahn..
    • Classic Room

I paid more than doubled price than usual!! I understand holiday cost, anyway wasn't happy about it. if I didn't know the usual price or paid right price, it would be okay with me..

spacious, nice staff, parking, good transportation

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

City break
    • Classic Room with Parking

It's a bit far away from city center. We like to walk and to get to the city center it took us one hour. It is close to public transportation, from the hotel to the metro is 5 - 10 minutes walking.

- Parking - Walking distance to restaurants and metro station 4 - 10 minutes - The room was nice and clean - Friendly staff - They had really good restaurant suggestions.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

It was a great pleasure to stay and our luck to book this hotel!
    • Classic Room

The beds are very convenient, big rooms, very warm, breakfast was OK! Personnel is great - smiling and helpful! Very clean room and bathroom! Very cosy atmosphere. The hotel is 5 min walk from U-bahn and big shopping mall, 15 min driving with U-bahn to the StephensPlatz.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

A great surprise
    • Family Room

We were stunned of having a beautiful, spacey room with very soft towels, cleanliness. Also, breakfast was a great surprise - wide range, coffee was delicious (a good breakfast after a short sleep makes a hotel great)

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

very pleasant staying

bigger TV screen :)

Comfortable bed, clean room and reasonable price; Great breakfast, free WiFi, parking place outside is free, no need to pay inside, but if you wish your car to be safe, it's not expensive eather. It's close to center of Vienna, but far enough to be quiet at night. Very polite and nice personell.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Overall, a pleasant stay.
    • Classic Room

The reception houts we're a bit weird. They did not have 24h reception.

Very close to the Enkplatz metro station- 7 min walk; close to the Gasometer - 20 min walk. A lot of supermarkets and a mall close-by.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Clean comfortable hotel with potential parking constrain.
    • Classic Room

Despite my phone call to the hotel in advance and asking about car park, I was not notified about the possibility of hotel parking possible. Parking on street was difficult to find and I had to park quite a few minutes walk from hotel.

Clean room with good wifi connection.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Good place for a short liesure trip
    • Classic Room

* The Air conditioning is weak. This is because they use a system that is more eco friendly.

* The location is easy to find and close to the highway * Clean room * Hotels, restaurants and public transport just a stones throw away.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Clean and basic.
    • Family Room

The family style rooms were not air-conditioned and the street outside a little too noisy to sleep with windows open. The hotel felt deserted. We did not see another person while there and didn't like that there was no staff in the hotel after 8 pm.

The lady who checked us in was amazingly accommodating, knowledgeable and friendly. She couldn't have been any more helpful or friendly. She pre-arranged a 4:40 am taxi for us to the airport (36 euros) and brought us a kettle and tea so we could have something before our early flight. Rooms were very basic but clean. Big bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

completely great hotel for everyone! beds are comfy, it's clean and smells nice :D
    • Classic Room with Parking

We came really late to the hotel and it was closed. I've called to the number shown on the door, and friendly lady just told me to wait. so we waited at night in front of the door for 15 minutes and nothing happened. i needed to call second time and then finally someone gave us the keys. it would be nice just to have better contact in this situation because we were confused what to do. nothing beyond that.

Extremely tidy and clean hotel, great as a drive by hotel (when you're on a long journey). Rooms are lovely, it's warm, no mushrooms under bed/in bath. just a perfect hotel. I would even give one more star for it because it's really nice. Ohhh one more thing, The most comfortable bed matress i've ever slept in hotel!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Not bad for the price, but .....
    • Classic Room

We chose this hotel because of three main things- free parking,free wi-fi and air-conditioning. But The location was really bad- it was in a strange part of the city so as we were two girls,we didn ´t feel safe there.Moreover we wanted to park close to the hotel for free and it was not possible due to many cars in all streets nearby. So we parked it "Inside" (it was a safer place) and we had to pay a lot of money for it. The air-conditioning was another thing- a really old one and it didn ´t work well:/ ..And we were expecting a fridge/minibar and there was nothing..

The hotel was nice from outside and also inside and the rooms were really big!The wi-fi worked really well!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Stay away!

Arrived at 11 P.M., and it was locked,could not enter the hotel. Tried to call the phone listed on the door, and nobody answered. As it was late, had to hurry and find another hotel for the day. In addition to so much stress that night, we have ended being charged for no-show! They did not bother answering our e-mail regarding the situation until we contacted Booking.com customer service, and, when finaly answered, were still unhelpful and rude, and insisted on charging us for no-show. Avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Be carefull to not arrive after the closing of the reception!
    • Classic Room with Parking

Be carefull to not arrive after the closing of the reception!!! The hotel loose our Booking reservartion and we have to do pass all the information again by the phone standing in front of the close hotel. Including the information of our credit card!! This when we were stand on the street with all the passing people able to hear it!!

Comfortable bed
    • Classic Room

Due to reconstruction hotel does not offer private parking. You have to park on the street.

Comfortable bed

It's a good hotel, was ok for our staying in Vienna.
    • Classic Room

Had problems with wifi and absence of hot water during one day.

The location is ok, 5-7 minutes drive from the city center.

Great for last minute travel.
    • Classic Room

Taxis so expensive to get there.

Nice cozy district
    • Classic Room

Strange work hours of front desk

Nice cozy district

In right location for the time

Building work

Great value for money
    • Classic Room with Parking

The hotel was really nice

It was very clean, quiet and the staff was friendly.
    • Classic Room

It was very clean, quiet and the staff was friendly.

Good value for money. Simplicity.

Good value for money.

Big clean room;
    • Comfort Triple Room

Small Bathroom compared with the room

Big clean room; very good breakfast

Everything is ok.

No bad remarks

Everything is ok. We're passing by Budapest and it is an ideal place.. Good value

Not warm enough but kind saffs
    • Comfort Triple Room

Just value of hotel room ,not warm enough

Kind staffs , little expensive

Silent

Small room

Silent

Nothing special :)
    • Classic Room

It is difficult to find a parking place and a place to eat.

Fully meets its category, but it can be cheaper!

Nice hotel.
    • Classic Room

Nice hotel. Clean,warm rooms. Interesting idea for bathroom.

nice hotel for business trip
    • Classic Room

quite industrial area, but for business trip is ok. not for romantic stay.

easy accessible with public transport

• Comfort Triple Room

Not the nicest suburb of Vienna but handy for gigs ar Szene...
    • Classic Room

Not the nicest suburb of Vienna but handy for gigs ar Szene club

Very quite and comfy!

Very quite and comfy!

Nice and clean and in the centre of the city.

There was no service on reception after 8pm

Easy to find

Clean and efficient
    • Comfort Triple Room

Clean linen, clean and spacious room, good towels, friendly staff. Breakfast average. Free street parking.

There was no door to the shower sink area.
    • Classic Room

There was no door to the shower sink area.

Nothing !
    • Comfort Triple Room

I did not check in and stay after see the hotel and room ! Changed to another hotel

Nothing !

Nice and clean but not really a hotel

No reception after 20.00 which is rather early. No refrigerator and/or water heater for tea/coffee in the room.

Size of the room.

Average. Other times better.
    • Comfort Triple Room

The rooms were not that clean. Nobody came for room keeping during our trip.

Near to the metro station

no fridge on room
    • Classic Room

no fridge on room there are no door to bathroom

Free parking in front of the hotel.

No mini-fridge.

Free parking in front of the hotel. Very helpful staff. Vending machine in the basement.

Great stopover to catch a flight home.
    • Classic Room

Nothing we can think of that comes to mind.

Modern style and facilities. A/C worked great compared to our last booking.

Wrong information Reception 20:00 pm is closed
    • Classic Room

I waited more than an hour before I could talk to someone on the phone. Bad reception service I do not recommend it.

Nice breakfast, location near to trams and metro connections...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Lack of tea and coffee making facilities. German only TV channels.

Nice breakfast, location near to trams and metro connections, free parking.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Nce enough for a few nights
    • Family Room

It's old building and the think walls barely let the wifi signal through to our room.

Staff is super friendly. Mattress was extremely comfortable.