Reviews of Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront 4 stars

Handelskai 269, 02. Leopoldstadt, 1020 Vienna, Austria

#168 of 316 hotels in Vienna

5.6

• King Hilton Waterfront

Not what expected from a Hilton. Staff very rude and just ignore you hoping you'll go away. Despite informing the hotel my wife is a coeliac and been told they had gluten free options available, they only had bread rolls and steak!! The staff did not understand what gluten free was. All staff seem more concerned with the people attending conferences in the hotel.

• Queen Family Room

There wasn’t anything that me and my family would have appreciated. Staying at Hilton was pretty poor experience . In fact our rooms were also not cleaned. There was n long waiting queue at the registration counter. All 3 days same breakfast were served

• Double Queen Waterfront

Fantastic Hotel adjacent to The Danube. Helpful friendly staff, Great food and facilities. Quick walk to The tube station to get to The Centre of Vienna. Excellent hotel - I would highly recommend it.

• Deluxe Double Room with River View

Sometimes the service was brilliant with certain members of staff being really attentive. But I’m afraid most of the time they were slow. On one occasion I received my meal and my wife’s meal took another 10 mins to come

Nice out-of-town location. The underground station was a very short distance away. So could be in the city centre win 15 mins. We bought a 3 day ticket for 17€ each Taxi from airport ( we booked in advance through Rideways) cost about 25 € each way It was worth having the room with the river view (the other side of the hotel looks over a 4 lane main road and a railway line, so would not of liked to of been there)

• Double Queen Waterfront

the apple strudel could have been better

This hotel was excellent, I had a view of the Danube with a large window that opened so fresh air every morning. The restaurant/ bar was on the waterside and the sun was shining what more could you want for a weekend break. Not in the city but only a short taxi ride away. The hotel also has a swimming pool, not big, but not crowded when I was there.

The outside restaurant was right outside my Window. Disturbing noice from there. During the night i heard load music but not from the restaurant...im not sure from where it came

• Double Queen Waterfront

They provide 2 hair conditioner without shampoo. We got three people stay in one room but only have two towels....

Good breakfast and comfort enviroment

• Double Queen Waterfront

Would have liked a better explanation of how to use the WIFI - I had to go back to the front desk. Service at the restaurant at night was slow - we wanted to sit inside and that seemed to be an issue - would like to have seen a small market or even vending machines within the hotel. For a soda I had to go to the bar.

We loved the view of the Danube from our room and the ability to walk along the river - room was very nice - and comfortable with the coach - buffet breakfast was very good -

Air con was very poor. Hot spring days meant coming back to hot rooms. If you like a very firm bed you will love this hotel. I don’t however. It was way too hard for a comfortable nights sleep.

Clean and prompt service breakfast was fresh and varied

• Double Queen Waterfront

The beds made terrible squeaky noise and the rooms weren't quiet. we could here anyone speaking in the corridor in the room with the door closed.

The hotel was great... excellent Breakfast and walk along the river is amazing.

The hotel overlooks the Danube which is beautiful. Unfortunately, there is very little in this neighborhood to see and do. They had no restaurant recommendations except to eat in the hotel. We could not even conveniently walk to a coffee shop.are. The waterfront has not been developed so it almost feels like you're walking through an industrial park. No nightlife in the area. You need to stay in the city center, which we did for a couple of nights, and it was great. There were restaurants, cafes, street performers, gelato, and a lively nightlife.

The staff was incredibly kind and willing to help. In the hotel there is everything you need. The room is very spacious and well equipped and the view on the river makes it even more perfect.

• Standard Twin Room

Pillows four on each bed - none particularly comfortable Not central - but short walk to Ubahn - 2.40 euro each way to town Restaurant very expensive

Great breakfast, lots of hot water, good wifi, comfortable bed, some nearby restaurants reasonably priced

• Standard Twin Room

My shower head was broken and the rooms were a bit too hot even with the air conditioner working

Great location, next to the university where I do my PhD. Exceptional kids service. Huge rooms. Very friendly staff.

• Standard Twin Room

The cleaning was not always perfect, there was a day that we had clean towels but also the previous ones were left in the bathroom, the cups were not changed etc. Minor issues, but still.. Also you always need the metro to reach anywhere in the city. The bus to/from the airport is only 1 per hour.

Very comfortable and spacious double room, nice terrace at the bar in front of the river, helpful staff with everything we asked. Although in a remote area, there is a metro stop 5-10 min away to take you straight to the city centre, the bus from the airport stops about 15 min away and there is supermarket and a shopping centre close by (besides the hotel bar/restaurant).

• Standard Twin Room

Check out took longer as focus was on guest who had issue with bank machine and not person checking out.

Room was very comfortable. Breakfast had great selection.

• Double Queen Waterfront

I didn't like that they charged for the parking 21 euros per day which is too expensive, they should include or reduce parking rate for customers.

The hotel was in a good location, very easy to reach every attraction and city center by underground. There was a wonderful view of the Danube and the breakfast buffet very delicious with a view too. You can feel the Hilton atmosphere which is comfort, classy and quality staff and very clean too.

really nothing

not worth the money, I arrived 1230 they said check in 1600, but I need now the room you pay extra 30euro, parking not free 35euro a day, and far away from anything

• Standard Twin Room

Surcharge for Wifi even though the room key says ‘free wifi’ is unacceptable, also staff went wrong with booking taxis twice

Great location, nice hotel, spacious rooms

The receptionists were not helpful, my room was on the first floor with no view. They didn’t take my Hilton Honours number for points. Location is not close to city center. Fitness room is small with insufficient equipments. Breakfast is not rich for hot plates. There were even no complimentary water in the room. Definitely not value for the money.

Very big hotel, rooms are also spacious. Beautiful river view in the garden. Bar was nice. Room was clean.

• Double Queen Executive Waterfront with Access to Executive Lounge

- rooms are "easy" equiped, from my point not Hilton standard - receptionist at the check in was not very customer orientet - they have given us the wrong direction to the subway - pool can only be used in summer time, bcs it's outdoor - price / quality share was not ok from my point

- best location in Vienna, directely at the Danube river - very big rooms - very good breakfast - good fitness center

WiFi is free at practically every hotel that I visit. Being charged 10 euros per night for WiFi is extortionate. I am put off staying at Hilton’s in the future purely for this reason.

Good quality bed that was comfortable

• Standard Twin Room

Hotel staff didn't help us for taxi make us paid more 3 minutes drive for €33 that way to expensive and the bathroom difficult to shower and walk in and out in the bathtub so dengerous.

I traveled with group of business partners. The price for our stay in hotel was over 600 EUR which I paid with VISA card, but hotel held under resevation additional 1000 EUR for two weeks after my staying without any reason!? Really spoiled my impression of hotel...

• Executive Double Room with Access to Executive Lounge

The Executive Lounge was the best! A great place to relax with snacks and drinks available all day. The whirlpool and sauna was also great to relax in after a day walking around Vienna.

• King Hilton Waterfront

Couldn't find any stairs leading up a floor. There where only elevators but what ever

Nice clean & simple rooms. Service by the entrance which took care of our luggage. Payment method in bar that was "paid" by writing down our hotel room number etc.. and they automatically withdraw money from my card

• King Hilton Waterfront

I didn't really like the bathtub, I was expecting a more luxurious bathtub...

I stayed in the Waterfront Kingroom, it was so spacious, the bed was so massive and the mattress and pillows were extra comfortable... I really enjoyed my 2 nites there, I hardly felt like coming out of bed, the bed and pillows are just so comfy... The breakfast too was superb! Service is 100% fantastic!

• Double Queen Waterfront

The staff at reception were very cold and not very helpful. They were not very welcoming and did not create a good first impression of the hotel. Our room was not tidied on the first 2 days of our stay. At no point during our stay were we approached by anyone to find out how stay was going.

The staff at breakfast were very friendly and helpful.

We booked 2 identically rooms with our friends and we got a smaller room, and at the ground floor. It was our friend’s birthday and we went to the bar to drink something at 10PM, we wanted coffee, the guy said the coffee machine is cleaned and it is ready for the breakfast, after that we had to choose fast something to drink, because he was in a rush to close, after we got our drinks, he closed the bar and after that he started closing the lights one by one so we would get out of there. I did not like the hostilities, I wanted just to be treated like a client, the one that paid 100€/ room.

• Standard Twin Room

Need to improve on the cleanliness of the rooms. Complimentary water bottle would be a nice touch. Restaurant service can also improve as most of the days at breakfast dirty plates were left at the table.

The rooms are very big with two double beds but the cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. Nice gym.

The hotel is a little out of the way for tourist activities, however the metro was very nearby and easy to use, taking less than 20mins to get into central Vienna

A great hotel, rooms and facilities are exactly as pictured. The staff are friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back

(1) Level of noise apparently it was kids week) (2) the property is far from the centrally located sites and while there is public transport nearby, you have to a lot 20 to 25 minutes to get anywhere (3) if you don’t include breakfast with the booking, it is very pricey. 27 euros for eggs!. (4) if you arrive on a weekend, there is no where to eat nearby.

The rooms are very comfortable and you have a lot of space.

• Standard Twin Room

Would have loved to see more signs from the train station ,we arrived very late from the station and could not find the hotel from the station ,asked a taxi driver but he sent us the long way around , just because we didn't use his taxi. We got quite scared in a strange city ,but we eventually found the hotel which ended up being only 3 blocks from the station .instead of 6..

It was very nice ,clean and wonderful staff

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel was a little far from the inner city and attractions but we eventually learned how to use the train and this helped. The rooms were very comfortable.

• Junior Suite with Access to Executive Lounge

Hotel put me in the noisiest first floor instead of the executive floor without explanation. My sleep was affected by the noise outside especially during morning by the housekeeping staff

Executive lounge provides food and drinks we need

• Standard Twin Room

Extra charge for everything, free WiFi only in lobby, in room they charge €10/25 for WiFi per day (slow/fast). Rooms need better cleaning and maintenance.

Close to metro, comfortable beds

• King Hilton Waterfront

Just be aware that u will need to take transport (metro, car or taxi) to get to most tourist sites. But the location on the river was relaxing and the metro an easy walk.

This was a great hotel for our Christmas holiday. It was modern and clean, the breakfasts were vast & after a long day in Vienna, it was nice to come back to the river area. The local shopping centre was convenient with a tasty pizza restaurant upstairs. The metro was only a 10min walk, so we easily explored the city.

• Double Queen Waterfront

The service was not really up to Hilton standarts. I felt it was not welcomed By the reception staff to come and stay. More like oh, another customer. The hotel is also quite old. Access from the city will cost you with a taxi during night time and its quite far. Also the subway takes time. Next time I will stay somewhere closer.

The breakfast and view was good. The gym and sauna was okay. Altough the sauna is seemed abit weird from a finnish point of view.

• Standard Twin Room

There were no vending machines in the hotel- it was hard as shops were shut due to the holiday season

Loved the room size, the location and everything the hotel had to offer. We had a lovely Christmas buffet lunch which was more than we expected.

Daily parking ticket price of 21 eur is too high, having on mind hotel location and fact that you need to take 5 min walk from the parking to the hotel reception.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double Queen Waterfront

sound protection shoul be improved. I woke up each time neighbours close the door.

Very good large rooms withnice furniture, great breakfast venue and menue, waffle-maker was very nice entertainment

• Double Queen Waterfront

Too far from the city center (+/- 6 km) WiFi for 10 euro per day for the hotel guests! No restaurants around the hotel Nice walk near the Danube river, but nothing else in the surrounding area for tourists (exc. Prater for children)

Cleanliness

• Standard Twin Room

Strong smoking smell in the room

The quality of the facilities is poor for the average Hilton. The strong smoking smell in the room. The floor in the bathroom is not clean.

• Standard Twin Room

Very small, winter garden ,, cool free small space . poor getting poor breakfast service(hot FOOD,and sweets cake) , no good , heating GOOD, HI-FI -- PC ,PRINTING ,RESEPSION (CLEVER , BAD SMART}

Very humid system ,,,,, very poor, for winter very limited winter places, very few hot food, very baked bacon (bullet) , very few, sweet, no small bus for the way to metro (very cold,rain,) look like is hotel for summer ,or, very, very, rich business people(car,taxi) to get some advice the smartest to visit the rose to learn the best service best free place,more save money ,,take care for small rich is no Value for money.

• King Hilton Waterfront

It is a little bit far from the center of Vienna and it takes between 15 to 20 euros for a taxi one way to or from the center of the city. There is a metro stop 10 minutes walk from the hotel thru a residential condominium and it costs only 2.20 euros one way to city center. 5 minutes walk to the supermarket.

Large room , comfortable bed , nice and very clean bathroom. The staff are friendly and accomodating. Right beside the beautiful river Danube. Just right breakfast buffet selection.

• Double Queen Waterfront

there are few restaurants, stores near from the hotel, the view was bit disappointed

Comfy spacious room, friendly staffs, facilities, parking, location(walking distance from the station)

Terrible airconditioning, it was cold outside, but also inside, the airconditioning could not warm the room properly. The gym and sauna were let down and untidy. Finally, internet access was confusing and I was made to pay for it, the receptionist at check out fortunately noticed the error.

very kind and efficient staff, particularly in the restaurant

• Standard Twin Room

The location is not the nicest - there is Danube river view one side, but the hotel is isolated, about 3km from the town centre in quite a dull urban area, with a ring road and train track on the other side, although not too intrusive soundwise. Public transport to the city centre is nearby and convenient, but everything is a ride out. The good service and helpful staff were sadly let down by inflexible corporate rules over Hilton Honours rewards- forget brand loyalty being appreciated if you've used Booking.com. Although the restaurant was good for a la carte in the evenings and bar prices are fair, the breakfast is unreasonably expensive (and overpriced for what is on offer) at €19 for continental and €28 (per person) for buffet; there are other better value breakfasts on offer nearby, or go for a bed and breakfast inclusive deal.

For a large chain hotel this is very welcoming, excellent helpful staff and a good bar and a nice riverside restaurant which has a good choice of well prepared local dishes and produce on offer. Rooms are spacious and clean and staff went out of their way to meet our requirements for a suitable room which was much appreciated .

• Executive Twin Room with Access to Executive Lounge

One night it was a problem with the AC. The concierge told us they will resolve, but they didn't.. Fortunatelly they sent the valet with an electric heater, wich by the way, was very eficient.

We liked the room, very spacious, very confortable and big double beds in the twin room, we loved the Danube view, the breakfast at the executive lounge.

• Standard Twin Room

Quality of Windows, had a room towards main streets - traffic noise. Wifi Access did not work, had to use vouchers.

Very comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast. Good gym.

• Standard Twin Room

Very handy for the airport but a little too far from the city centre. However public transport was very easy & the staff at the hotel were very helpful in letting you know how to get about.

Lovely room, hotel clean & staff very friendly. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and would definitely stay again.

• Standard Twin Room

Old carpet, old shower, clogged shower tub (to the point of having to shower with water up to my ankles), heat not working properly.

Nothing to do with the name.

• Standard Twin Room

The location is good, but not close to downtown. You need to pay extra money if you want the river side room. But trust me, choose the river side room, the view is awesome.

The room is good. Agent is nice. The breakfast is good. I have went to Hilton so many times. Hilton is always a nice place to stay. I will still choose Hilton in the future.

• Standard Twin Room

We shuttled to and from airport with limo and ubered at other times. However the one day we decided to take the train from Stadion Station to the Belvedere, the ticket machine would not accept a credit card or Euro bills. You had to have the exact change. So we ended up ubering once again.

• Standard Twin Room

We did not like the defective drainage stopper of the lavatory. We did not like the airconditiong.

We liked the service of the waitresses at the restaurant and the porterage staff. We liked the firmness of the bed.

• Double Queen Waterfront

More reception staff at busy times but otherwise no complaints. Would have been nice to be able to make coffee or tea in room.

View from room superb. location excellent. size of room wonderful. Good gluten free selection of food.

• Deluxe Double Room with River View

Bed not very comfortable. Restaurant prices a bit high - 8 euros for a small bottle of water.

Good choice at breakfast. Nice room overlooking the Danube.

• King Hilton Waterfront

Front desk!! Check-in progress quite long and seems like staff dont know what they are doing there. It took me 14 minutes to check-in.As this is the first impression needs to be shorter period of time besides that waterfront restaurant was an amazing experience. Well done restaurant team. Our Asian server ( couldnt remember her name) was great and she definitely needs a raise.

Personal touch and hospitality

• Double Queen Executive Waterfront with Access to Executive Lounge

Lovely clean modern hotel with the most amazing breakfast. Great view of the danube. Bed was very comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. Paid extra for executive lounge access and although we didn't use it much I would definitely book it again.

Room was noisy as it was on ground floor and close to rail line with freight trains running at night. Cost of breakfast in restaurant at 26 Euros was exorbitant . . Would have .

Location was good. Good choice of food in the bar

• King Hilton Waterfront

the bed was comfortably, but breakfast was ola la la, not good not bad, but for this price we expect a little more, and terrible is when you check out and have to stay in the front of desk 15 min

• King Hilton Waterfront

the bathroom was old, the price was similar to 5 stars hotel but the stay was as it was 3 stars, the hotel is very old, there is no free wifi in the room,

their breakfast was nice

Poor efficiency at the front desk and no hotel shop or vending machines to buy water on a hot day.

All good

Fantastic hotel, great setting on the river with lovely outside area. Clean and comfortable rooms. Loved my stay here. Location was great for the stadium with about 8-10 minute walk away

CHARGES FOR BREAKFAST CHARGES FOR PARKING !!! BOTH A BIT DISAPPOINTING

ROOM WAS EXCELLENT , STAFF GREAT THEY NOTICED MY BIRTHDAY AND LEFT A PIECE OF BIRTHDAY CAKE IN MY ROOM - LOVELY TOUCH

• King Hilton Waterfront

The coffe served to the breakfast. We decided to bay an instant coffe.

We liked the situation of the property at the waterfront. The staff was very friendly and professionel handling ouer questions and small problems. Ouer room was exelent with a beatiful view overDonau.

• Double Queen Waterfront

No wifi ! Difficult to find parking - only few parking are available No complementaries available such as: water ..

The location and the view was perfect

• Standard Twin Room

wonderful place on the river , Hilton is Hilton !!! , accept the bed that was too soft for me , this is a very good place to sty in Vienna.

Considering a supreme hotel a bit disappointing that no shuttle/taxi service available to /from airport /train station. When using the elevator (lift) we were stuck in it temporarily; informed staff who were going to service. Same day again lift malfunctioned, set alarm - no assistance from staff. Managed to open doprs ourselves - scary and panicky. Staff did not appear interested about incident that evening. Requested room with a view - street was not what we expected. Not value for money.

Comfort and views when sitting outside.

• Double Queen Waterfront

No complementary water in the rooms, given the price paid per room, I would have expected water to be included. To make matters worse, the mini bar wasn't restocked at all during our stay, so we couldn't even pay for the privilege of water!

Friendly and helpful staff throughout and within easy walking distance to the Ernst Happel stadium where we were going to a concert. Restaurant food was of a good standard although all the food we ordered from the bar was cold by the time we received it.

My room was dirty. I found a hair in my bed and on my towel. Furthermore one towel was not even new. I had a non smoker room and it smelt like the person who stayed in the room before me, smoked one cigarette after another...

I really liked the quiteness of my room in the night although there was a street with high traffic density right in front of my window.

• Double Queen Waterfront

Expensive parking (21 eur), no free wifi (10 eur surcharge), expensive breakfast (20 eur per person), long walk to the room from elevator. So the netto 160 eur "bargain price" was actually a 231 eur brutto offer with smart marketing.

Room size, river view, quietness

• Standard Twin Room

If you'd like to buy breakfast and you do it at the restaurant, it is 5EUR more expensive than if you buy it from the reception. Odd but true, we found it out on the hard way, on our own skin. For a family of four, we were about to loose 20 EUR. Luckily we complained at the reception and got the difference back.

Everything was at superlative. Location, hotel, people. Worth spending nights there

• Standard Twin Room

5 star hotel charging for wifi (even 2 stars provide you free wifi) Charged 12 Euros for parking - Such a big name making money on meagre things

very comfortable and very lavish breakfast

• King Executive Waterfront with Access to Executive Lounge

No free WI FI in the rooms even though we stayed in an executive room. This is important to us looking up things when we are in a new location. We would not stay here again for that reason!

Nice situation on the River, and the terrace restaurant was great!

Browse Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront traveller photo gallery