Reviews of Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth 4 stars

Weihburggasse 3, 01. Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria

#22 of 316 hotels in Vienna

9.8

No offee maker in the room.

Central yet quiet location. Spacious air conditioned room including two armchairs. Full size bathroom. Optional transfer from the airport. Friendly staff.

---

Size of the room and of bathroom very satisfactory. Buffet breakfast offers wide choice. Computer for guests available for surfing on the net and for online check-in. Staff always available and reactive to requests.

Coffee during breakfast was not good enough but other food and beverages were delicious. I was surprised that there was no scrambled eggs and bacon or sausages on daily basis. Sometimes you can find one of them or no ‘hot’ meal.

Wi-fi worked well. The location of a hotel is amazing! Breakfast was fine.

Well, i think part of the problem was that my friend had raved about itvso much that it would have been hard to meet my expectations-also i thinkmit suffered in comparison to the hotels we stayed at in Baku, Tbilisi and even Yerevan where the staff really went out of their way to make our stays in and out of the hotels as easy and pleasant as possible - also the beds and toiletries were nowhere near as good as the other hotels My friend also said that the room was nowhere near as elegant as some of the other rooms she has had there but they did give us a room for early check in advising that it was on the street where there was construction was going on well, I gave mixed these up but the breakfast room and buffet were good thoughntheybhad discontinued the free champagne Also, when I asked desk if they could check us in, they told me to do it myself by using the hotel pc which was ancient and had a German keyboard

Needed better coffee pot in room. Would have liked a coffee service in the lobby or wine available in the lovely sitting room.

Excellent location center of town and very close to underground. Hotel was very attractive and very clean with good size room. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom very modern and quite large.

Nothing at all.

The location of this hotel is excellent, near to the Stephansplatz, so everything in central Vienna is within walking distance. The hotel itself is traditional but well appointed. My room was big, airy, quiet and clean. Breakfast was good. All the staff were extremely kind and helpful and spoke good English. I always enjoy the absence of a hotel restaurant, as it allows one to enjoy what is on offer nearby. I stayed five nights and would certainly return.

Breakfast was great but it was no scrambled eggs, no bacon. I did not like coffee there (not enough strong) but it depends on what do you prefer. Air-conditioning was really freezing and it was difficult to find a balance.

Breakfast and location was great. It was about 100 m to go to the metro and about 500 m to Hotel Sacher to try world-known cake. Wi-fi worked well.

No complaints.

Fantastic location, staff were very friendly, bathroom was a good size with a great shower.Hotel was clean, decor maybe a little dated but perhaps it adds to the charm. Overall a decent option in central Vienna.

My second stay in this hotel. Everything was terrific with one exception: The separate toilet in the single room No.401 is very inconvenient, almost can not be closed, there is no legroom. Otherwise I was very happy with my stay!

I have no suggestions - it had everything I expected.

Excellent location - staff exceptionally friendly and helpful - did not take breakfasts so I cannot rate them - have been there before and certainly want to stay there again when I will come to Vienna.

For a 4 stars hotel, I would expect a little more things for comfort, such as kettler to make tea in the room or individual soaps+shampoos. It's a matter of taste, but I do not like when the bath and toilet are separated, as was in my room. During my stay, there were works on the street in front of my windows that made noise very early in the morning.

Excellent location in the very center of Vienna. Luxious interior design in a classical style. Very delicate and pleasant staff.

The hotel is immaculately presented and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Although I booked a single room it seems I was upgraded to a double which was very spacious, very well equipped and excellent value for money in the heart of Vienna. Comfortable, clean and quiet. Excellent breakfast including Kaiserschmarren, yum! Can't recommend this hotel enough

Lovely central location: three minutes walk from the underground and the cathedral. Lots of great restaurants and shops close by. Hotel is lovely inside and my room was perfect for a quick stopover in Vienna!

I did not had the breakfast but I saw it and I think that with a very little effort more, but sincerely very little to be just excquisit as all other services of this hotel, it will be a reason alone to come here. I was spoiled from how much everything else exceeded my expectations so I would say that with a touch I would be wowed by the breakfast too. (like smoothies, more fresh products, cooked food etc)

Spotless clean, extremely comfortable bathtubs and products for showering, feather pillows and duvets, cable TV, old style big closet, ultra quiet at the back, 19th century style building with history, located 2min from central square with dozens amenities around and a cafe right across the street, the best restaurants around and sightseeing and mostly at the center of all transportation in the city. And all that at a price that NO other hotel competes in Vienna. I found my permanent home when I go back there - no brainer. And for one more reason: as I am over 50 and I feel my age, this combination of location, amenities, comfort which counts after a long day and mostly the 24/7 staff to take care of people the hotel provided this safety and comfort for me.

Room was very hot. No kettle.

Very large room and ensuite. Separate seating area. Fridge. Air con. Great location. Super staff. Continental breakfast.

Great place, great staff, offered early check in after a long flight (much appreciated). Best place to stay in Vienna, high value for the money.

Room was large and very quiet, despite being in the bustling heart of Vienna. Excellent bathroom and stunning breakfast room. Staff were helpful and responsive.

Paper thin pillows WiFi should be better Although it's not up to hotel itself, yet construction works nearby started at 6AM and woke everyone in a mile around

Location Breakfast

Barhtub difficult for older patrons to take shower. Very high and only one small safety bar. No separate shower.

Location in center of city. Breakfast excellent.

The location of the hotel is outstanding, that was the reason we chose it, so close to everything: Opera, museums, restaurants. Breakfast was tasty and copious. The staff was professional, friendly and very helpful.

Better location of TV for all to view.

Location for transport, sightseeing and shopping is excellent. Also good choice of restaurants suiting all tastes and budgets nearby

Nothing at all!

The staff at this hotel are very welcoming and efficient. The hotel itself is in a very beautiful building, and the bedroom and bathroom were spotless. Breakfast was excellent.

I just couldnt understand why the room does not include a kettle by default. They delivered it immediately to our room when we asked for it, so thank you. But I think the hotel should just put it there. All hotels have it.

A very nice hotel. The room was spacious and we enjoyed our stay. I liked the high ceiling, big doors and the atmosphere in general. The personnel at the reception were friendly and willing to help. They gave us suggestions and information whenever needed. Whenever we needed anything at the room, they were fast to accommodate our needs. Location is excellent. The staff is friendly, helpful and smiling.

Excellent location on a quiet street. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. My room was huge for European standards. I enjoy the historic aspect to the hotel as well. A wonderful stay. Thanks!

The hotel was amazing! Big and really comfortable room, great location and super friendly staff. The breakfast was very tasty. I will definitely recommend my friends visiting there.

Everything was excellent, easy to go everywhere ! Location was perfect, nice furniture, clean and spacious room for a family with a child. Very kind staff at the reception. Good breakfast.

One room (307) was very small. The pillows are a little too soft.

The staff at the reception were very polite and helpful. The fried eggs were very good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Staff at the restaurant wasn't as polite as a hotel like this requires.

Really fancy hotel in the heart of Vienna. Very polite staff with a lot services available. The driver that took us from and to the airport was just perfect. The room was nice but without a view. Nice breakfast with everything you need. In conclusion, great place to stay, would visit again.

The location couldn't be better, the hotel is most clean and comfortable, breakfast is amazing. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had a pefect stay!

Parking for 35€ and you don't have access to it that day once you gave it away. Very hard to reach, very expensive. It is just a bad idea to go there with a car.

It looks like a place from 17th century. Very "Vieneese". If you want full Vienna experience, then this is definitely right place to stay.

Nothing :)

Perfect location, very polite staff, extremely clear hotel, beatiful room with comfortable bed and bathroom. Stephansdom is very close, two minutes by walk. We were in third time and we love it always.

Limited services and not too cooperative staff, extremely small room overlooking a roof which made me feel unsafe. Even though they offered room service there was no place to put even a small tray. I let the concierge know way before 6:00 pm that unless he moved me to a better room I was leaving the next day. He did not cooperate and charged me an extra night. The price may have been reasonable but not too different from a much more pleasant and luxurious hotel around the corner.

The only unfortunate thing for the hotel and my stay was that construction was taking place right across the street, and a night club was next door, which made it difficult to sleep as the noise could be heard in my room. Granted, my room was on the side next to the disco.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and spoke English which was very important for me. The location was excellent for the price being only 40 meters from the subway in the main downtown square.

Service hours at lounge bar could be longer.

Prime location - right in the center of the city, but in the street is very quite. Very friendly staff, ready to help with advice and bookings - we got two excellent recommendation sfo rthe restaurants from the concierge. Check-in and check-out process very smooth. Nice breakfast, very good selection of drinks in the minibar.

Construction works under way nextdoor, starting quite early in the morning. Better take your earplugs.

Beautiful setting, very charming Viennese style, super location, rich and tasty breakfast.

Nothing, stay was perfect.

Going to this hotel is like home away from home. It is cozy, extremely well located, they have a private shuttle from the airport (at a decent cost), good service, and very clean rooms/bathrooms. I was also able to access my room well ahead of check-in time (a major bonus, for which I was very grateful, given overnight flight fatigue, thank you!!!). The hotel has a historical feel to it which may not be for everyone (i.e., for those interested in trendy, super modern designs). If you want to feel like you are in Vienna for a decent cost at the center of the city (the main cathedral is literally minutes away) this is a great hotel. I have stayed here multiple times and have never had any problems.

Sound from building site. But I hopspe that is was temporrary.

Location is very nice. Hotel is situated pactically in the centar of old city and shopping zone. Stuff is very friendly. Airport transfer was so convinient.Really nice breakfast.

Excellent hotel, friendly professional staff, room very clean. From check-in to check-out all went very well. I would highly recommend this hotel and location.

the location of the hotel was awesome. i felt lucky, because it is a few steps from the underground station and a few steps to st Stephan's platz. you can't miss it, it is at the turn of Forever21.

All things are relative. When one is asked to rate the location of a hotel in which one’s own cramped and airless room is like a prison cell situated at the bottom of a narrow, dingy service shaft, there is arguably some justification in giving a lowrating, even if the building itself is in the centre of the city. When one learns from the hotel's fire-escape floor plan that the room in question - and presumably its counterparts on the floors above- is the oddest and smallest "double room" existing in in the establishment one also has to wonder about all the fabulous reviews this hotel has received. This room, allotted on arrival for our anniversary weekend-stay at the four-star Kaiserin Elisabeth hotel, bore little resemblance to the description of the room advertised online or on the booking confirmation – which describes the rooms as being very spacious, showing big bright windows. However the real problems for us arose during the night when we were already in bed: Neither of us could sleep, both of us developed headaches - though neither of us is prone to headaches normally. It was as though we were being fried by a WiFi-router in the close vicinity. Indeed my husband felt so uncomfortable not just with a headache but a racing pulse, that he ended up dragging his mattress into the shower stall in the early hours of the morning to try to sleep there. Nobody relishes donning a dressing gown in the middle of the night to organise a new room, then to have to pack their things together in order to move so either way we were in for a seriously disturbed night. We resolved to leave the hotel and Vienna the next day and jettison our plans for our anniversary dinner, if no other room could be found for us. In the end we were moved to a different room on the 4th floor, a room, which precisely matched the description and photograph on the booking confirmation – even down to the picture on the wall.

Perfect location for sight seeing, spacious room with a nice interior, good breakfast! And above all, very friendly and kind staff! First of all we were surprised not to be asked to show our passports nor credit card by check in. Together with the fact that there was no "pre- authorization" of my credit card, it was very comfortable for us to feel that the staff trusts their customers! Already before our arrival we had noticed from our e-mail correspondence (because they arranged a taxi from the airport for us), that it's important to them to have good contact with customers. We are sure to choose this hotel next time again without hesitation!

I was ordered one king size bed but they put to me 2 separted beds. The pillow was not comfortable at all. No swimming pool or gym and the value of money was expensive

Wood floor , large bathroom

Fantastic location. Could not be better plus a very reasonable price for such an accessible location. Friendly, helpful staff plus very clean, light and airy room. My fourth stay although first three were only overnight.

The location near Stephansplatz in Vienna's central district is perfect. Most of the famous sights are within walking distance, and a subway station is just around the corner, e.g., for a visit to Schönbrunn. The receptionists are very friendly and helpful with reservations and information about Vienna.

Only thing I can think of that would improve the experience would be a coffee maker in the room for an early departure like mine.

Everything was perfect! I loved the sound proof double windows and door yet being able to look out on Weihburggasse. Airconditioning unit was efficient and quite. Sheets were amazing! Also size of room wonderful! Staff extremely friendly and helpful! Location couldn't be better. Had to leave early for the airport so I could not have breakfast.

I stayed three nights in this hotel and I am telling you i don't want to try any other hotel, everything was just perfect. Beds are fantastic, soft and comfy, never slept on better pillows , i would love to have few at home. Service was brilliant, handsome men in the reception was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. Location you wont find better! Big thank you to all and see you soon !!!!!

No complaints - at all

The hotel was very clean & regal, a great location and a very helpful/kind staff. I highly recommend this hotel. We are a family of 5 (husband & wife + 3 adult children) and had 3 rooms. The hotel upgraded Mom & Dad to a superior room and the kid's rooms were perfect. Breakfast was great as well.

There is really nothing to complain about, but I would have loved to be able to return at the end of an evening out and have a drink in the comfortable lounge.

Staff were professional and also cheerful, friendly and helpful. The rooms were a pleasure to return to at the end of the day and the beds were great with perfect pillows. The lighting in the bathroom was good which is always helpful when getting ready for an evening out. The breakfast buffet was lovely and the soft boiled eggs just right (had one every morning).

This is an excellent hotel. Great location and value for money. The staff are friendly and most speak fluent English. They were very accommodating. One member of the staff really stood out. The man who worked nights at the front desk gave us great advice about the area and the nightlife. His name was Marek. The hotel also has a free breakfast every morning with many different options. HKE will provide a great experience for any trip to Vienna. Highly recommended.

Very quiet environment despite being so close to Stephansplatz. Convenient location to attend meetings at the Vienna International Centre (U1) Convenient location for tourism purposes. Availability of 'guest' computer permitting online bookings and airline check-in.

This is a very conservative hotel steeped in Austrian History..quiet.. and suitable for a restful few days. Because of the out standing position in the city it deserves 10.10. you don't need a car.

Well Travelled and over 70yrs. we found the bed extremely comfortable..Every thing clean. big windows to open. Front reception friendly and helpful. Staff all able to converse in English.

Pressure of water was quite weak in the shower. You have to wait some while to get warm or cold water.

Location was excellent. Breakfast was pretty good. Personel were very friendly and helpful.

The staff at the property were all very friendly and helpful. The museums , galleries, architecture and the history of Vienna is exceptional. The Naschmarkt is a great place to visit, for delicious food, it's amazing over a 100 stalls and the beautiful architectural old buildings surrounding it. Hundert Waser Haus is a worthy place to see too.

Not a single thing.

Normally, I never write reviews but since this is the third time I have stayed at this property and return because it is so wonderful, I feel obliged to say something! For anyone who does not require a pool, a spa, etc., this might be the loveliest hotel you'll find anywhere. It is in the very best location in the First District of Vienna. It has wonderful historical bones. The staff is gracious and helpful and the breakfast is quintessentially Viennese. It is IMMACULATELY clean. The beds are wonderful and even a single room is spacious, very nicely appointed and welcoming. I return to Kaiserin Elisabeth for all of the reasons I've listed, I would not trade the KE for the Imperial or the Bristol where I have also stayed.

Very friendly staff. Fantastic inner city location. Longer than usual breakfast hours, til 11am, which allowed us much more flexibility in our schedule.

Breakfast selections were a bit limited, but what they had was good.

Location is excellent, just a few steps to Saint Stephens Platz and the mall. Front desk staff are excellent. Rooms are comfortable. Beds have light weight down comforters, no top sheets, which I like.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Like other hotels in Europe, they don't have the bathroom amenities that we prefer. Instead of bar soap, shampoo and conditioner, you get one all-purpose liquid mounted on the wall. Luckily, we brought our own soap, etc. That liquid stuff is just too generic.

Classy, old-world charm. Superb location. Our room was very spacious with high ceilings and immaculate linens. Big bathroom with double sinks, seperate shower and great water pressure. Very nice breakfast service. Helpful gentlemen who staff the front desk Room was very quiet. Excellent maid service. We also used their car service to and from the airport which worked very well and took a lot of stress out of the whole process.

Freshly squeezed orange juice!

Bed and pillows very comfortable, good breakfast, excellent traditional hotel in best possible location and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Really no complaints - could have been more fresh fruit at breakfast.

Room was very large, especially considering it is in the heart of Vienna. The room and bathroom were very clean. Air conditioning was excellent. The hotel common areas have a nice elegance to it.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

No bathroom slippers. But I brought mine so it wasn't a big deal.

The staff was very nice. It turned out that I paid extra when I checked out. They were so honest, they called me when I was on my way to the airport and apologized and returned my money. Oh and they arranged all the limousine service for me from and to the airport. The location is absolutely perfect for solo travelers. I went there alone and having to tour the city proper alone was so convenient. And the breakfast was awesome. I'm stuffed!

Coffee and tea making facilities should be mandatory in a four star hotel. Breakfast were rich, but eggs were not properly boiled. Should also like to be offered fried eggs or omelet

This hotel has the very best location, walking distance to almost everything. For those who love shopping, location could not be better. Our room was big, very clean and had a large comfortable bed. Very helpful staff and giving us good advise to all questions. We also got a late check out for free.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Pillows were very soft. Some building work noise could be heard. Double bed was made up of two singles

Location was excellent - near underground and all facilities Decor was very attractive Staff were very knowledgable, friendly and professional Large room

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

nothing, but there is construction across the street, double windows kept the room quiet

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great central location. We had the larger room and were very comfortable. Modern hotel but with a traditional Vienna feel.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

There was construction next door which resulted in very early drilling(6am!!) and loud banging. This was no fault of the hotel but was very disruptive in the morning and prevented a sleep in!! Otherwise no complaints

The staff were lovely and helpful, the rooms were spacious and breakfast was very good. The location was also fantastic

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

breakfast options were a little disappointing if you are not into the European continental breakfast , no toast and eggs and bacon were not up to speed

Big room quiet location away from the main street, we were placed at the back of the hotel Comfy beds and doonas helpful staff located close to everything

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

I don't have anything negative to say about my stay at the hotel. The only negative thing was there was construction noise next to the hotel that woke me up in the morning. That wasn't the fault of the hotel though.

The hotel was very elegant, beautiful. The location was great with so many places in the area to see and do. Great restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

I had a single bedroom..didn't understand why the WC wasnt placed in the bathroom. I would recommend replacing the bidet with the WC. The bathroom was very spacious..yet the toilet had no room to sit on the WC and close the door!..and I'm only tiny!

Loved everything! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Taxi arrive in 3 minutes when called. I had a single bedroom..which was very spacious! TV had almost all language channels..even Arabic! Hairdryer was powerful. They had almost all the relevant tour brochures at the lobby. The hotel was on the main shopping street..plenty of restaurants. Breakfast was standard continental..many varieties of bread..cheese..confitures..cereal..etc..you can also order eggs of your choice at no cost. Restaurant staff were lovely and cheerful and quick. Bed and pillows were comfortable.Room was very quiet although it was facing the street..had double windows literally. Room was delightful with lots of paintings of Vienna. It was a hotel you love to step in at the end of a long day.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The breakfast was disappointing for us, almost entirely continental with very little remotely resembling English. There is no restaurant, no bar (mini bar in room) and no tea and coffee facilitie. The hotel could be considered a little 'dated'.

The location is very good, almost next to the cathedral. The staff are also very friendly and have a comprehensive knowledge of restaurants and concerts etc.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Loved everything about this place -- the pretty rooms, the tub/shower and bathroom soap and lotion, the breakfast buffet and coffee, the incredibly friendly staff and the perfect location. Everything you could want in a hotel in the center of Vienna!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

there is construction working going on right now (march 2017) outside the hotel which start 7am in the morning - nothing the hotel can do, but if you wanna sleep longer - windows gotta be shut.

lovel rooms, great and friendly service, exceptional location

It was the second time I went to this hotel. No comparison with the first one: very small room, rather basic fitting of the room, window on a claustrophobic inner court. If ever back to this hotel, I'll be sure I get a proper room that is spacious and with a view.

The excellent position, central and next to public transport. The overall atmosphere of the hotel lobby and common spaces.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I had a few requests prior to stay, one being gluten free breakfast. I was very impressed with the service and how my requests were met. Perfect location. Clean and good decor ☺ very good long weekend getaway

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

At the reception desk I got help, directions, suggestions for music shows. Excellent staff. The hotel is well located - in walking distance to all the tourist places of interest. I got a good size room and a huge bath tub. Very nice people, clean, central, quiet, good air conditioning. A pleasure.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Room was not as described by Booking.com as it was definitely not very spacious (416). No individual shampoo and conditioner -just liquid soap. Hate hair dryers with no proper on/off switch.

Helpful staff. Bath welcome. Eggs to order at breakfast. Great central location.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Very comfortable hotel ideally situated near most tourist attractions and metro and tram lines. Breakfast was very good with good service. Front desk friendly, efficient and helpful. Rooms are large, comfortable and clean. Serviced well. We had a great stay at this top notch hotel.

Browse Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth traveller photo gallery