Reviews of Hotel Lucia 3 stars

Hütteldorfer Straße 79, 15. Rudolfsheim-Fünfhaus, 1150 Vienna, Austria

#129 of 316 hotels in Vienna

I have never in my life had such a poor experience with a 3 star hotel. Complete waste of money.

Nothing really worked: bathroom door's handle was broken, so I was unable to close it while using. I was unable to crank open a window because it was damaged as well. Bathroom's waste-basket (the only one in the room) was broken; mini bar was missing; all in all it looked like some really dirty and old place. WiFi speed was terrible, up to 1MB. King size bed was actually composed of two separate, small and uncomfortable mattress. I don't really understand how one can pay that much for such a poor place. And it's sometimes really loud outside (crowded road, construction works, church bells in the morning).

Location is good, close to the metro station and tram stop. One girl working at the reception was kind. Nothing more really.

SCAM, UNFAIR for families with children. Do not choose Hotel Lucia if you go there with children.

The Hotel Lucia is an unfair business. Is a SCAM for families with children. They show you a price during booking and they extra charge you for nothing. Only for allowing you to share your bad with your child. The policy in not clear enough and if you choose and offer for 2 adult and a child, and the offer is only for 2 adults, and an extra 30 euro should be added by default. At least you will know from start what you have to pay. Is confusing that they change the criteria during final booking, after yo made an initial search with different criteria. I thought is a bug with Booking, but at least tree families were extra charge based on the same criteria. None of us were happy and felt disappointed and scammed by the Hotel Lucia.

Hotel Lucian is a SCAM for families with children under 6 years old. HORRIBLE and TOTALY UNFAIR. It is the first time something like this happened to me. I felt cheated. I search for a double room for 2 adults and 1 child, 9 years old and Booking brought the Hotel Lucia good deal for accommodation. See the attachment below. I select the deal and proceed for finish the reservation. I choose a double room with breakfast. I did not check again for the capacity of the room during my final proceed for booking, as long as I put this in the initial search and I had a clear offer for the hole family. My VERY BIG MISTAKE. Hotel LUCIA is a FRAUD. When I finish the booking I received the confirmation for booking a double room with breakfast only for two adults. When I try to modify the number of guest is was impossible to add any. The only possibility was 1 or two adults. No way for a child. I did not even realise the problem until I arrived to the hotel. During check-in, the lady from reception inform me that I had to pay 30 euro extra due to the child age. I show her that I choose an offer for 2 adult and a child but she said the the reservation is only for 2 adults. And the policy of hotel is to extra tax children older than 6 years old. When I show her the proof of deal on booking she told me that she will talk with the manager. I though it was just an mistake, I din’t bother too much. It was curious that she explains the same thing to another couple with 2 small girls. The problem there was that they have 2 child and the policy of the hotel is free only for one child. Actually the policy of the hotel is not clear enough. It state ”all children are welcome. One child under 6 years stays free of charge when using existing beds. All children under 12 years are charged EUR 30 per night for extra beds.....”. So the next day at the check-out, another employer tax me 30 euro more on my bill.

Overall cleanliness are fare good.

The staff are uncooperative or resilient. There are many essential facilities missing and unavailable.

Overall cleanliness are fare good. Breakfast is fresh and delicious.

Great location, comfortable large rooms. Recommended!

No parking available on premises, so I had to park in a nearby public garage. Carpets are a bit worn.

Excellent location (2 min to U-Bahn station for U3), extra large room, nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Had to constantly go ask for garage key.

Had to constantly go ask for garage key. Would’ve been better if we held on to it. Also was charged an extra 100€ because my son spilled strawberries on the corner comforter.

Location is okay.

The staff could be more helpful. When arrived they were very cooperative and helped me with luggage as I have a leg problem but when I wanted help on check out I got a rude reply that there are not porters. I only asked for help because I have leg problem. The staff could be more helpful. When arrived they were very cooperative and helped me with luggage as I have a leg problem but when I wanted help on check out I got a rude reply that there are not porters. I only asked for help because I hav

Location is okay. The breakfast is good and it is clean.

Very helpfull staff.

We ased for upoer floor but have got the second one (from four available). No accoustic isolation, noise from the street as well from the corridor and the upper floor.

Very helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good location & breakfast but felt let down by taxi pick-up issue&unfriendly member of family staff

Not a good first impression - travelling with 4 year old for almost 12 hours and had arranged with hotel for driver to pick-up from airport. Flight arrived 20minutes late & driver no where to be seen despite walking up and down the meeting point area for 45minutes, where all the other drivers were waiting. Had to go to taxi rank outside eventually to get my own cab - should have cost €39 (pre-booked) but ended up being €51. Hotel was apologetic and I think they should have re-funded the difference. Tea & coffee making facilities only available in lobby area between 3-10pm - none in room. Restaurant staff were not happy for me to fill mine and my son's water bottles at breakfast, despite the heat wave. Erik was moody/grumpy and told my son (4 year old) off several times for putting feet on lobby seats - can understand it and totally agree, but could have done it in a friendlier manner. Struggled in lobby (with impatient 4 year old) to get a few booking tickets printed off for 45 minutes, as my internet connection on my phone was suboptimal, before realising there was a computer I could use right there (very tired from travelling for 12 hours the previous day). Felt that Erik could have been a little more helpful, and came across as non-chanlent, verging on rude.

Lauren was incredibly helpful, and cheerful with excellent customer service. Very comfortable room with much needed, quiet a/c. Modern and clean. Great breakfast selection.

Quick overnight stop after a concert

Usually a bit too pricey, but I could book a good deal resulting in a good quality/price ratio. Some darkener curtain would be good to the window, especially in summertime as it can get too bright in the room very early.

Nice hotel with an excellent breakfast. It is situated in an outer disctrict, but metro and tram are at a walking distance, so it is easy to go the the center. I had a large, quiet and clean room, I was absolutely satisfied.

Could not have picked a better place!

A mini-fridge in the room would have been nice. A hot water kettle (for coffee or tea) in the room would have been nice (although there was coffee and free tea, in the lobby !).

Excellent Breakfast ! Very Good location: about 120m to Metro U3, about 100m to Tram 49, Bus 10A and Night Bus N49. Good restaurant and supermarkets very close by. Very nice and spacious air-conditioned room. Very comfortable bed. Excellent cleanliness and room service. Very Friendly and Helpful people at the Reception desk (except one correct but extremely sour lady, I think her name was Lauren). They even offered us a packed meal instead of breakfast on the morning of our very early departure.

The location is very good, near to subway(5-10min), near to...

The beds where 'noisy' :) and the TV wasn't working, only on YouTube

The location is very good, near to subway(5-10min), near to train station and the express to AirPort(15-20min) and a supermarket nextdoor

Pleasant stay

If you would like a quiet room ask for one that does not have a street view.

The room was clean. Breakfast was ok, but could be a little bit more variated. If you need a parking place you need to mentioned this when you book the room (they have a small parking area and if you do not have a reservation in advance it is possible that you will not find a place). If this will be the case you will park on nearby streets.

Clean, friendly and good public transport connection to the historic centre.

We couldn't use the A/C as it got too cold in the room in a few minutes. I would recommend a smaller A/C system, as there is only one room to cool.

Friendly staff. We arrived with car and we booked a parking space - hotel owns 4 parking spaces. We checked out before 11am as required, but the hotel allowed us to use the parking till 2 pm at no extra cost (apparently it was free). This allowed us to see more of Vienna using our 24h public transport ticket. A tram stop is near the hotel. Even more useful: metro line 3 is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel and takes you to the Ringstrasse or Vienna historic centre directly. Wiener Stadthalle arena is 10 minutes walk away, which is also convenient.

The lady at the check in was welcoming helpful.

The guy at the check out rude and ignorant. The room was in need of renovation. Although we asked for a quiet room with the possibility of half an hour later check out, we were given a room with window opening to back yard, where guests were smoking and drinking until 23:00. It was unacceptable with a kid. We could have been given another room with the possibility of 30 minutes late checkout, to feed our son before starting the next trip. The rooms don’t have a fridge and The hotel didn’t help with storing 2 unopened packs of Lactose-free cheese and milk for us. We had carried them from Sweden with us for our kid and unfortunately we couldn’t use them anymore. They just put the ice boxes in the freezer that didn’t help. It was argued that it is for the sale of contamination, but they were unopened and there should be at least a fridge for these purposes while there is none in the rooms. The breakfast was very simple, though clean restaurant. Boring neighbourhood and far from attractions. Not recommended for families and couples. The management team should more think of a flexible service and customised arrangement for their guests.

The lady at the check in was welcoming helpful. Staff at the restaurant helpful and service oriented.

5nights at the Lucia Hotel

The double bed was actually two single beds attached, creating a small uncomfortable gap between the matrices.

Nice atmosphere, great break, good value for money.

Good Location with quiet & clean room.

Private parking is limited and narrow.

Room is spacious, clean and quiet. Staff is friendly. Good location as metro station is walking distance from hotel.

Wonderful stay at a wonderful city with a bit of Tango dancing :)

There wasn't anything i did not like. I am very pleased with my stay here.

We booked Hotel Lucia as it was the nearest to the location to Vienna Tango Marathon. We enjoyed our stay the neighborhood was fantastic lots of places to eat shop and easy to hop onto public transport. Friendly hotel staff. I would stay again next time i visit Vienna.

Delightful and great value for the money

If you intend to go in the city center you have to use multiple public transportations. Other than that everything was fine.

Big room, even though it was a bit "old style" and needed a refresh I could not really complain, great value for money. Restaurant and supermarket very close by and also a bunch of free street parking around the hotel. Excelent bed and pillow, had the best night sleep ! The best breakfast in a hotel in Vienna. Would definitely recommend checking it out.

It was not the first time that I chose to stay in this hotel.

It was not the first time that I chose to stay in this hotel. Nice, clean, comfortable structure, like staying at home. Good breakfast, good position close to the Johnstrasse underground station.

Wonderful hotel , great location:)!

Great location , 5 minutes to metro station. 10 minutes walking to Wien Stadthalle. The breakfast was great 👍 There is a parking places with reservations in advance on a reasonable price compared with the properties around. I do recommend and will visit again.

Perfect place for families with small kidds

The sofa bed was a bit noisy when I moved on it, but that's all. I just had to get used to it 😊

Everything was great, nice staff, room, breakfast. The bathroom was perfect, clean and bright with big showerhead 😁 and with such hot water that I could warm up the brestmilk which was in a container for my husband to feed the little one while I was away. Crib was not needed, the little one slept next to me on the sofa bed, and my husband and the big one slept in the other room on the other bed. At breakfast the chair for the little one was prepared ahead... we did not even have to ask for it.

Good hotel!

The location is not the nicest in Vienna but there is a tram stop just beside to reach nicer parts. For the value it was top notch nevertheless.

Staff were really friendly with a cheap and really nice breakfast. It seems to be family owned and you can feel it!

Breakfast is good.

The room on the ground floor is on the level of a walking area in front of the window, not very pleasant.

Breakfast is good. Room is clean and warm (winter season). Closed parking place and the proximity of U-ban (app. 3 min by walk).

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Home away from home

Nothing really.

Excellent hotel, friendly and very efficient staff. Very comfortable rooms and a very good breakfast. Very close to the U bahn and a short journey by the U3 to the city centre. I would recommend this hotel very highly and will stay again.

Would definately stay again.

Good comfortable hotel close to U-Barn station so easy to get into central Vienna. Breakfast was good, room was comfortable & quiet with good shower and staff were friendly & helpful. Hotel was close to restaurants and a nice Irish bar :-) where prices were much cheaper than central Vienna (& much more authentic).

A decent hotel, quite near historical centre of Vienna (5...

I hoped for a nice room like the ones on photos, but got a very simple design room, a bit worn out, but clean and quiet (it was just above busy street, but with closed windows it was OK). Drain in wash-basin was a little slow, I hate this sight of soapy and tooth-pasty water disappearing in this slow, unsteady manner :)

A decent hotel, quite near historical centre of Vienna (5 minutes walk from U-station), clean, with friendly staff, fair quality breakfast, for very good price (in Vienna measures). Very convenient place to park a car, just few meters from hotel building.

It was a clean, simple place.

Free coffee and tea only available at times when nobody needs them. Wifi wasn't strong in our room from time to time.

It was a clean, simple place. A few good Turkish restaurants around. We really enjoyed them. U-bahn and tram stops nearby.

All good at this hotel

Nothing special

This is a nice hotel, just a minute from subway entrance. Friendly staff, proper heated and clean room, towels changed every day. Breakfast available for every taste and tea for free at the reception, till 10pm.

Fine.

Poor or nonexistent internet connection. Extreamly slow. No tea or coffee facilities in room. Only one bin in bathroom and it was broken. No fridge. Expensive for what you get.

Clean. Big room. Convenient. Reasonable breakfast. Not noisy. Comfortable bed. Warm.

Okay place!

Had to pay for coffee which was weird. Air conditioning was on a timer and turned off in the night. No business center and we had to pay for printing.

Spacious Room. Friendly staff. Access to Metro and Bus. Taxi to airport could be prearranged at fixed price which was nice.

Comfy hotel but hurry up with the breakfast

Really disliked the fact that i was denied access to the espresso machine 3 minutes after 10 AM, even if i was at the table finishing my breakfast since 9:30. I had to go in another part of the hotel and pay for a coffee. I knew that the breakfast was available between 8 and 10 AM but wasn't expecting everything to be locked down at exactly 10.00 EVEN if i was already there. So watch out for this, try to finish everything before 10:00 AM sharp or you won't have access even to water. Also disliked the 2 mattress in a double bed. I was expecting a one big mattress without a space in the middle :)

Clean and spacious rooms, nice terrace, very warm (being end October this could have been be a problem), at least one of the reception guys was friendly and also gave us very good tips about places to go for dinner.

Great value for money.

Helpful and friendly staff. Excellent breakfast with great variety of food offered. Parking space is safe and cheap, but make sure to have a reservation in advance. Perfect location of the hotel- nearest underground is just 200m far away and the city center is around 15' by U-Bahn.

Comfortable hotel close to public transport.

The breakfast area was a bit cramped, tables are quite close together. No fridge/minibar in the room.

Staff was friendly and professional. The hotel is well maintained and clean. The room is spacious. Breakfast was good and includes some warm choices.

1. Staffs behavior were awful.

1. Staffs behavior were awful. 2. There is no refrigerator in room. 3. There is a limitation for using air condition. 4. They didn't permit to enter baby carriage to the room.

Nice to stay for several nights if you have not a too high standard for room facility

The room carpet looks a bit old though clean maybe, toilet facility is somehow old, the queen bed is actually two separate bed with two mattress,not sure if it is common to call it queen bed in Austria.

Nice staff willing to help, great location near metro, fairly good breakfast.

Nice location, the metro is close and in 10-15 minutes you...

Room wasn't ready at a check-in time, so we had to wait. I have to admit that room was shabby, nothing super critical, but still ... Also there is no fridge in it, which is a surprise for 3 star hotel.

Nice location, the metro is close and in 10-15 minutes you are in the city center. Was quite quiet. Excellent breakfasts (in both aspects: variety and amount), as soon as smth is finished it is replaced immediately.

friendly staff, good location

the curtains allowed light getting through in the morning beds could have been more comfortable/harder bathrooms could be more modern looking although shower was great

helpful staff spacious room breakfast location close to underground - in 15mins you are in the city centre

Wonderful, friendly staff. Clean/updated facilities. Nice location for tourism.

We liked everything about Hotel Lucia. No complaints to report here.

The only possible complaint I can come up with is that the pillows are a bit hard but then again I am a soft pillow snob.

Our stay in Lucia July 2017

The limited number of parking places (however the need of parking reservation is clearly mentioned in the description of the hotel).

We spent 2 nights (together with my wife and son14 yrs) and did enjoyed our stay in Lucia. It's hard to find some serious disadvantages. The breakfast was good (maybe not perfect/excellent/delightful but it was really tasty with quite a good choice of dishes) . The room was perfectly clean and spacious enough. The guys at the reception were kind and helpful. The hotel is situated in a good location - with 3 mins walk to the subway station, we could reach St.Stephan's square in 10-15 mins. We would not hesitate to choose Lucia for our next stay in Vienna.

Great trip to Vienna with Hotel Lucia

○ Desserts on breakfast ○ Friendly and gentle staff ○ Very good room cleaning ○ Free tea at lobby till 22:00 ○ Free wi-fi: → no limits for devices per room → speed allows to speak via skype, whatsapp, etc.

Excellent value for money

It would have been good to have access to a fridge, but that's all.

Excellent value for money, it exceeded expectations for price range etc. Clean premises, good service, breakfast was good compared to many other. Nice inner yard that we didn't have the time to use. :) easy to access and get around with just a couple of blocks to the tram. Awesome guy in the reception (Florian). Also a really nice restaurant close by, San Augustin.

Good stay

The shower cabinet is small. Difficult not bumping on something while taking shower

Nice area, a lot of shops and restaurants around. Easy to travel by metro or by bus.

Great small hotel, close to metro

We were at an attic and I would prefer a floor room. It would be nice to serve scrambled eggs for breakfast (everything else was very delicious).

Very close to U3 metro station. Clean and comfy room. Good WiFi. Great coffee available at breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend to go to the station by walking Selzergasse and then Meiselstrasse rather than taking Hütteldorfer Straße. The walk is nicer and less busy. It takes about 20 mins to get to the center with the metro.

We came to the concert which was in WienerStadthalle, which...

Breakfast is pretty fair, but no omlett or ham and eggs, which is unacceptable for the price you pay. Very good coffee.

We came to the concert which was in WienerStadthalle, which is only 850m away from the hotel. So, perfect location if you come for this occasion. Extremely friendly receptionist, staff at breakfast less friendly.

Wonderful stay

It was a pure delight to stay at hotel Lucia. The staff were very helpful and hospitable. The location was perfect, just 5 min walk to the underground train station. The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was very good. The best part was the free tea at the reception. Overall it was wonderful staying there.

Nice Staff, large rooms, ok location

The only thing that bothered me was, that I put on the "do not disturb" sign on the door and people (I assume cleaning staff) still entered my room.

Breakfast was really nice, plenty of space available. The staff was very friendly, rooms were surprisingly big.

Great price-quality ratio!

Helpful staff, nice clean rooms, good breakfast, convenient location - our family was very happy that we chose this hotel and we can highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Very good hotel

Everything was perfect ,good location,very clean ,staff very friendly, fi-wi good,breakfast very nice , parking secure.I'm very happy with this hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

I reccomend

Location is very good. In 5 minutes walk there is a subway, using which you can reach center of the city in 15 minutes. There is a good parking place (closed). The standard double room was suitable for two adults and small child. The breakfast is rich. Warm rooms (we were travelling in December)

it was ok

there was no light (no lamp, nothing) in the first part of the room, next to the entrance door, so in the evening it was complete dark and you couldn't use the cupboard

Not good for families with childeren under 2(3) years

Could not provide water boiler Refrigerator Child seat Smoking area very close to the door and elevaror so that snoke smell could suffer guests passing the lobby

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Very good accomodation

Would be nice to have some parking spaces. We parked the car overnight at Park & Ride Ottakring which is at about 20 minutes walk from hotel at 3.40 Euro for a day.

Good position, close to the city center. Nice staff and very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Good Location & Good value for money.

carpets in the room looked old and dirty, but not that bad. My room was on 1st floor facing the Main Street, so it was a bit noisy in the evening, but still...not that bad.

Location is perfect, within 5 min walk to Johnstraße U-bahn station and 15 min walk to Schonbrunn Schloss; Hotel staff members are very nice and helpful; Breakfast is great;

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Great experience

The staff was very friendly and whenever you needed help they offered their support. The room was very clean. The position if the hotel is good and you can get easily in the city center. The breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Wonderful Christmastime in Vienna

The Tram 49 stops nereby heading for the nicest cristmasmarket in Vienna: Am Spittelberg. No noisy Music , no flackering lights, only the smell of Glühwein and Cookies !

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nothing feels like Austrian / German quality.

Nothing feels like Austrian / German quality. Room – asked and paid for queen bed, got a twin and told this is queen in Wien. room doesn't look like the photos on booking. Parking – in a different building, not easy to identify, complicated Breakfast – food good, coffee bad Staff - worst staff I ever met; don’t expect smiles or to feel welcome; the restaurant was the worst experience in years: traveling with wife and 2YO kid, restaurant half empty, we sat at the table having baby-chair, we were asked by very unfriendly staff Galina to move to another table for 3 persons and not occupy a 5 persons table… we tried to explained that the restaurant is empty and that we sat at the table with baby-chair, impolite Galina was clear on her mission to chase us away from the precious table… we eventually moved to another table, needless to say that nobody occupied the precious 5 persons tables, but at least we made Galina happy…

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Excellent value for money!!

it is advisable to put tea/coffee facility in the room and a fridge.

Excellent value for money. Comfortable hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. Spacious room and very generous breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Vienna before Christmas.

In the bathroom radiator is not warming. Two of the three days, WI-FI did not work.

Quiet part of the city, well connected with the center. Close to Schönbrunn Palace and technical museum.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

If you stay in Vienna, Lucia is best choice

This was very pleasant stay in Vienna. We can say only best about this hotel: Very kind and helpful personel, big, quiet room, cozy bed, breakfast buffet was excellent, clean etc... Our child stayed free of charge, and got extra bed. We highly recommend this hotel, it is very family friendly. Location is very good, tram and underground stations are near by, several restourants and stores also...City center is few stations away.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

One night in Vienna

- the carpet was old and dirty - the bathroom wasn't too clean either - lack of a refrigerator

- it was perfect for one night - the hotel is close to the Stadthalle - parking possibility in the hotel's own parking lot - the staff was kind

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Big & clean room. Top value-for-money

There is nothing I can complain about. Maybe only the view from the room

The room was really spacious and comfortable. Everything was really clean. The bathroom was big as well. The personnel was polite and professional. Breakfast satisfying.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Definitely recommend

There was no access to kitchen or even kettle after 9 pm. Windows are not sound proof so you may hear the noise if it comes from outside although road is not that busy.

Staff was amazing and very helpful. Hotel was clean and spacious. Location was great.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very nice hotel, highly recommended.

* The room was a bit noisy during the night/early morning, despite the double glazing windows. Our room was on the 3rd floor but we could hear noise from the street and/or from other apartments.

* Good location, 2 minutes walk from line 3 of the metro and 15 minutes walk from Schonbrunn (Sissi's palace). Wien Westbahnof is 2 metro stops far (3 minutes). * Very kind and helpful staff * Nice breakfast, with good options of sweet food (slices of cakes, pastries, donuts), fruits and some salty food (boiled eggs, cheese, salami/ham). * Room was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good breakfast

Small bed, spartan room

Good breakfast

Just perfect!

Just perfect!

A stay for my friends which they enjoyed entirely

Staff friendliness and availability, location is very central. Hotel clean and way above three star.

Nice and confortable

The Hotel looks new or recently renewed. Rooms and other space are clean. Breakfast was inclused in our rate and it was excellent

Great hotel, best value

Nice staff, secured parking, clean and big room. Very good breakfast! Close to the underground station. 24h reception

All in all it was a very good stay.

Breakfast, Beds

The room was clean and spacious.

Parking place was little bit narrow. No fridge in the room.

The room was clean and spacious. It has good air conditioning. Wifi was free and nice.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very clean,spacious rooms.

Very clean,spacious rooms.Very good breakfast ,very friendly and helpful staff.Good location 100 m to metro station and tram.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Very friendly.

Very friendly.

Good choice for a city break

Evrything was ok.

Great location, close to subway and bus stations. Big room, big bathroom, it was all I needed for a city break in Vienna.

Comfortable and clean room, airconditioning unit really...

Comfortable and clean room, airconditioning unit really makes the difference in the summer.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Comfortable stay. We are satisfied.

Location and breakfast were very good.