Reviews of Saint SHERMIN bed breakfast & champagne 4 stars

Rilke-Platz 7, 04. Wieden, 1040 Vienna, Austria

#27 of 316 hotels in Vienna

This is without a doubt the best place I’ve stayed in - for...

There are no negatives whatsoever

This is without a doubt the best place I’ve stayed in - for all of my many travels. Beautiful decor, Gabriella the Manager pays attention to every detail to make sure your stay is comfortable - she is so hospitable. Champagne on arrival - also served with a sumptuous breakfast. Ithe location is superb - very close to Karlzplatz U line and also walking distance to Naschmarkt - bohemian street food/live music. Just an outstanding place to stay and made our time in Vienna all the more special.

Another great stay at the best boutique hotel in Vienna!
    • Small Double Room

If more coffee pods were allotted for the guests, that would be perfect.

This is our third time back to this hotel, and it is great each time. We *love* the Malin and Goetz shower products, and the incredible water pressure in the shower. Also, Fanny at the front desk was especially sweet and helpful.

Absolutely fantastic place to stay while in Vienna! Hope to return some day. Highly recommend it!

A small rubbish sh bin in reception area would have been helpful.

Exceptional place to stay in Vienna! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful in every way, including assistance with concert bookings, transport and even bookings at other hotels when I wished to extend my stay but there was no vacancy for that period. Position was within easy short walk to city centre and tourist attractions, restaurants, trains and trams. Everything you need was close by. All the little extras not advertised such as full size organic bathroom essentials, complimentary champagne each breakfast and evening, tea and coffee station with biscuits, honesty bar, superb decor helped make my stay there so pleasant and made me feel special. I would return there anytime.

Lovely hotel with charm and friendly helpful staff
    • Small Double Room

The lighting could have been slightly better (not a huge problem).

The staff were very helpful and the hotel has a lot of charm. It felt much nice staying in a hotel that was unique rather than an impersonal hotel chain. The breakfast choices were great.

Fun, different and excellent.

No negatives.

Breakfast was great and there were heaps of little extras like self service snacks and coffee in the reception. Our room was HUGE. The whole champagne thing was a great idea. It was reasonably priced and we took a couple of bottles out with us.

Drains smelt. Tv had 2 English channels that lost reception on day of royal wedding!

Great location about 10 mins from opera, nice size room. Shower nice n strong.

Nice location near the underground station Karlsplatz, very...

The bathroom was a bit small.

Nice location near the underground station Karlsplatz, very friendly staff. The room was big, clean and stylish, the bathroom was full of lovely cosmetics. The bottle of lemon water were waiting for me every day that saved my life. Recommended.

Quirky style, just needs a few minor tweaks to be great!

Mini bar was poor (just taste, not price). Also we had a cleaner enter at 8:30 on the day we were leaving with check out at 11am. A little more care and attention required

Nice style, definetely out of the norm. Gabriella was very helpful

The place is walking distance to attractions and transport.
    • Small Double Room

My second stay: It was good - though the room we got this time was much, much smaller than the previous time. For two people, that was a little too small to be enjoyable.

The place is walking distance to attractions and transport. Lots of places to eat.

Must place to stay in Vienna

Can't fault this place!

What a fantastic place. The room was big and very clean and the decor was spot on. The staff was very friendly and also helped us to make our stay as pleasant as possible. It was nice to get a bottle of water waiting in our room and also a small chocolate. The place smells divine. We were able to leave our bags there after we checkout and even there were happy for us to have a cup of tea and eat our sandwiches there when we collected our bags. The location is spot on as well.

Nice hotel with nice staff, a friendly city, loads to look at and see.

I couldn't find a bottle opener in my room to open a bottle of coke lol

The location was great, a short walk from the city center, close to bars and restaurants. A short walk to the underground which was easy to use and get around. The hotel is nicely decorated and the bed was very comfy. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Perfect location.

The property is really worn down, not good value for money. The room was dark with a view on a parking lot. The bed was uncomfortable since they pushed two beds together to make one. Receptionist didn’t have an idea about parking rules.

Perfect location. Very responsive to my questions before arrival.

Great stay, will come back!
    • Small Double Room

Heating - couldn't regulate, therefore it was too hot in the rooms (of course you can open a window). Crackling noise-sound from radiators.

Nice decorated rooms, good shower, exceptional breakfast, champagne...

We had a great stay.

Toilet was a problem. I am rather small, but even I did not have a comfortable sit, I doubt that people taller than me can sit comfortably.

Check in was basically an envelope waiting for us and we could go to our room. Room was very spacious and was very nicely decorated. Actually the design of the whole hotel is fantastic. Given the limited number of rooms, they had an excellent breakfast. Every morning we were asked what type of eggs we wanted. Standard is ham and cheese The quiche was delicious.

Convenient location, excellent services and clean comfortable room.

The staff are exceptional and helped me to find a dentist on a Sunday, new year's eve before I checked-in. I called them early in the morning before I was due to arrive and by the time I checked-in at noon, they had located and booked a dentist appointment for me, and even gave me instructions on how to get to the dentist surgery.

Great hotel.

The hotel was really great, very central, very nice rooms, great breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff. We're a family of six, and they went out of their way to accommodate us.

Plenty of delicious food for breakfast - cured meats,...
    • Small Double Room

Plenty of delicious food for breakfast - cured meats, cheese, jams, yogurts, fruit, muesli, juice, and more! And also a glass of champagne if you want (and aren't on a business trip)

Wonderfully relaxing and cosy atmosphere, with very cool decor.

An absolutely beautiful and unique hotel. Each the room has gorgeous little individual details, such as top hats for lights in one and a large circular woven lampshade in another. We felt completely at home from the moment we arrived; it couldn’t be in starker contrast to chain hotels. Staff are lovely and the breakfast was delicious. Location also can’t be beaten! So close to the centre, yet nicely tucked away in its own little quiet corner with lovely street views from the large Viennese windows.

nice comfy hotel

Bed was too soft for me. And also bathroom was very small - it was hard to reach the toilet - when you was sitting on it, you bump your head on the sink. Lack of parking space (not so cheap parking was possible in an underground garage few streets away), despite the hotel advertise parking on booking.com web page. Free champagne tasting was not offered a priori to me. I needed to ask for it.

Very helpful staff, large room, easy to find it, super-clean and nice breakfast. Overall it is a very comfy hotel with almost-like-a-home atmosphere. The room was very warm, and I like it (many hotels save money on heating, but this one certainly does not). Free champagne was a nice extra. Also the location is only a 5' walk from the main shopping street.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The room was of a decent size with 2 windows over the...

The lighting in the room was slow to reach full effect and even then was understrength.

The room was of a decent size with 2 windows over the "square" and the 2 day beds in the room made it feel more comfortable and leisurely.

Perfect for exploring Vienna!
    • Small Double Room

The only minus we could think of was the lack of a proper common area or guest lounge, but that is to be expected with the size of the establishment.

Our "small' room was surprisingly large, the staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was generous and high quality, and the location suited us perfectly.

Classy, cosy and champagne!

If you have limited mobility this is a good ten minute walk from the central city so bear this in mind

Gorgeous quaint boutique hotel with gorgeous clean rooms, ice cold champagne in reception and fantastic breakfast

Friendly and quirky b&b in a fantastic location

I would have preferred tea and coffee making facilities in the room as it was a bit awkward making them lobby. Making drinks in the lobby would be easier if there was a bin there for used tea bags etc, so that’s something Shermin might want to do.

Loved the quirky design of the rooms. The staff were all friendly and helpful.Location was perfect for walking to most attractions and right near the tube for those further away. The breakfast was great too.

A great place to stay in Vienna!
    • Small Double Room

Located close to the excellent public transportation system, making it easy to reach any location we wanted to visit. Friendly staff that are very knowledgeable about the local area, with great suggestions for restaurants within walking distance. Excellent breakfast (including eggs or omelette), with as much coffee as you want from the self-service cappuccino machine.

Great hosts, fabulous location, delicious breakfast.

The walls are a little thin so it’s easy to hear people in other rooms.

Wonderful hosts and great breakfast. Having Champagne on tap is also a very sweet gesture.

We had a good stay and would return to the hotel if ever in...

Only little things, but apparently the lighting for the mirror proved problematic for applying makeup.

We had a good stay and would return to the hotel if ever in Vienna again

Impeccable! 😊

Excellent food, location and service. Friendly staff spared no effort to accommodate our dietary requirements and make the most of our stay. Highly recommended!

Lovely boutique hotel right near the centre of Vienna - a perfect base with some touches of luxury

The hotel was quirky and we liked the fact that each room was different. The nespresso pods were a nice touch as was the champagne on ice. Excellent location 5 - 10 min walk to the sites!!!

Great location, close to Naschmarkt and the shopping...

Great location, close to Naschmarkt and the shopping district, 2 blocks from nice local breakfast restaurants. We stayed in 109, a vintage princess themed room, lovely design.

Perfect spot outside of the unpleasant push of the tourist...

The bathroom was so small it was laughable. I'm fine with small and efficient. But I'm almost 2m and I couldn't really fit on the toilet and in the shower.

Perfect spot outside of the unpleasant push of the tourist centre. But close to metro and trams and an easy walk basically everywhere. The Nachtsmarkt neat by is amazing. Cozy space and really a pleasant place to stay.

Amust visit hotel to see Vienna

Everything it was perfect.

Excellent accommodation large clean lovely room, lovey staff, and a beautiful breakfast in a lovely laid out room. Near to all ammenities and close to train and tram station. A must visit .

I'll be back!

The room was perfectly clean. The bed was so comfy! I loved the shower. I didn't need to wait 5 mins. before the water gets warm. Shower gel, shampoo, hand soap were all organic! What I loved the most is the location. As an alone traveler I highly recommend this hotel.

perfect location, service were great and people are all very nice to us.

Nothing... all great!!!

I like the homemade ice tea that is very nice to us, feel like back home; room is clean and new; quiet and big enough for family;

A wondeful place to stay to explore wonderful vienna!

It was perfect!

The hotel was lovely and in a perfect area, close to the Staatsoper. The staff was extremely kind and helpful - i needed a doctor and called from the train and they managed to organise it all for me, even though it was a Sunday evening. Otherwise, the room was very nice and clean, and we benefitted from the hotel's many facilities.

Cute, comfy, close to centre

My only little criticism is maybe to check if guests are vegetarian/vegan which would save them with the cold cut spreads on the breakfast platter.

Vienna can be a tricky place to find cute, comfy, decently priced rooms and this is one place. There are a few rooms which means extra staff attention to detail. The breakfast was beautiful with staff doing what they can to accommodate you. Little details matter including new fruit infused water concoctions daily - much needed during hot Vienna summer days. I wish I could have stayed longer and would definitely consider returning.

A great little friendly hotel close to many sights

Nice large and quiet room with aircon. Excellent breakfast (but not cheap). Access to free hot and cold drinks in reception. Good bathroom with nice toiletries.

The breakfast was very good and the staff very friendly.

The breakfast was very good and the staff very friendly. The hotel is very cosy and the location is very good (it's not in the center but near Karlsplatz, a friendly and quiet neighborhood, about a 20 minutes walk to the main places to visit in Vienna, like Belvedere, Museumsquartier, Hofburg and Stephansdom). :-)

Perfect stay!

There was nothing we disliked. There is no 24 hrs reception, you use a code to enter when there's no one around. This did not bother us at all, but might be an issue to some other people.

Great location, a short walk to Karlsplatz from where you have good connections everywhere. Appr. 15 min. walk to the Opera and Kärtnerstrasse. Spacious and unique room, we loved ours. Nice breakfast room and good breakfast. The menu is limited though, more suitable to adults than children. A lot of cafes and restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Stayed for one night, exceeds expectations by far!
    • Small Double Room

The only downside I can think of is the lack of proper working table, so if I had to stay more than one night it would be challenging to work on my laptop. If this is not an issue for you, than I have no other cons :)

Everything was just perfect, the staff friendly and helpful, the room was large and comfortable, everything was clean and the wifi was good.

Great location, Very Clean & Comfortable, Affordable with great breskfast

We informed Sarah at reception thatwe would be leaving a half hour prior to breakfast. She made sure that we were able to have breakfast earlier than they usually serve buffet. In addition, the breakfast was very good. Plenty of options.

charming stay in Vienna
    • Small Double Room

Even though I booked small double room, the spaces were organized in a comfortable way. The design of the room was nicely done in a minimal and relaxing style. the bed was very comfortable. I really advise you to have a breakfast in the hotel not only because of the good quality of it but also because the atmosphere of the dining room is charming and it's a great way to start your day. The position of the hotel is quite central and it's easy to explore the city by foot.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Treasure hotel in the center of Wien
    • Small Double Room

If I really have to find something, the wooden room floor could make some squeaking noise in some areas as you walk on it that might be disturbing to a lightly sleeping partner but not an issue for single travelers.

Super nice cosy with a big dose of personal touch hotel. The whole place is very beautifully decorated. It provides everything for a pleasant stay. The personel and the breakfast are from the very best I have ever come accross and I travel a lot.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Comfy not quiet

It was really loud I could hear thumpinall morning when I was trying to sleep, like someone runningnup and down stairs on stop

I like the room it was comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Overall good stay, would visit again.

View from our room of construction. The room was warm and didn't have a fan and the A/C controls didn't work.

Good location for easy access to subway and tram. Good breakfast and service.

Great hotel, great staff in a really nice location.

The breakfast wasn't the best for vegetarians, that said...there was enough to not go hungry and it wouldn't stop me staying again!

Amazing bed, really comfy. Friendly staff, great location. I would stay again anytime.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Great place to stay in Vienna

the loo is blocked by the sink and corner shower. Challenge for tall folks or physical limitations.

This Is definitely a "quirky boutique hotel " and we loved it. Our room was comfortable and spacious. The room had it's own iPad to look up hotel info and local restaurants and attractions. all the rooms are on the second floor of a condo. It has a homey feel. Best of all is incredible location. By the market, museums, opera. We were able to walk everywhere.

Convenient location for underground
    • Small Double Room

Noise from other guests rooms - sound insulation not great. Was unseasonably warm during my stay, and the staff couldn't override the system to turn on the air conditioning, so had to sleep with the window open - moderate street noise.

Great location just 2 min walk from Karlsplatz underground. Lovely breakfast (but despite 'B+B' being in the hotel name, breakfast is €12.50 per day extra). Nice staff, all speak English.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Our room was wonderfully decorated and the bed very cosy.
    • Small Double Room

The breakfast is quite expensive, so we didn't have the chance to try it.

Our room was wonderfully decorated and the bed very cosy. The tablet in the room was a nice addition. It is close to the city centre, so most sights are within walkable distance. I really appreciated having my tickets printed by the hotel, as well as the suggestions about the city in their blog.

Recommended
    • Small Double Room

The bathroom is a bit too small.

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The room is very well sized. The bed is comfortable. The bathroom is modern, water pressure is good, ventilation is good. The location is great. The hotel is within walking distance to all of the major attractions but if you don't feel like walking the public transportation is very close. We arrived in Vienna with the train and the hotel is only 2 stops away from the main station. We would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Nice hotel for small people

Very cramped, tiny bathroom which would not fit large people, no air con so stifling hot, very noisy with window open

Comfy beds, stylish hotel, pleasant staff, great location

Very nice small, alternative and clean hotel in central location!
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast was not included in the price. Reception is not 24hrs. A tv issue was fixed the next day when reception was open. Our room had no view at all and in combination of the dark colors of room was a bit darkie.

Property was close to center, 10' walk to the Opera. Quiet place. Security (there is a pin number for the 2 entrances). Staff helpful. Lovely decoration. Comfortable bed. Spacious room. Good bathroom. Very clean (we stayed 4 nights) and every day it was cleaned and tidy. Many books at the reception area.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Style tasteful, and location fantastic

Bit dark. Room hot but we might not have understood the air con! Not that I didn't like it as such but there were times when we felt like the only people in the building. might have been the times we were in and out of the building. Would go back again.

Style tasteful, and location fantastic

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Perfect

It might sound funny but the room was too hot.

Tastefully decorated a small hotel in the city centre, a few steps away from Karlsplatz. I was there during the lunch break, got a code to open the door and my key was in an envelope on the desk. The room I stayed in was really very comfortable. The shampoo quality, nespresso machine, well supplied mini bar says that they really care about guests, considering the price it's perfect.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

familiar atmospher

the comfort of the bed could be better

perfect location; very smooth administration; good staff; nice rooms; high quality shower gel and shampoo; everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Amazing location;

Amazing location; restaurants and bars nearby, as well as all major sights, museums, shops. The staff was super friendly; we traveled with a baby, and everyone tried to help us in every way. The room was very clean and comfy. I highly recommend opting for breakfast, as it was also amazing.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Amazing!

The pillows were not great, too small and flat. I could not ask to swap because Reception was closed at the time. I had difficuties opening the Hotel door, but the Cleaner was there and helped me out.

My bedroom was really spacious and nice. The breakfast was sensacional, they brought fresh made smooth to my table. The decor was fab. The staff were so helpful and attentive to details. Defo going back!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Nice hotel in great area, but bad wifi
    • Small Double Room

Wifi was very slow and kept cutting out so we couldn't look things up for very long. Could hear noise very easily from the room above. The room was very hot. They only give you champagne during "happy hour" which is when most people aren't at the hotel anyway.

Beautiful hotel, great location near a couple great cafes and restaurants. Appreciated the black out drapes. The staff was great even though there isn't a 24h reception. We appreciated the tablet in the room.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Very nice and trendy hotel perfectly located and easy to...
    • Small Double Room

Had to wait for two hours to check in because my room was not ready by the time I arrived.

Very nice and trendy hotel perfectly located and easy to access. Hotel is located less than 5 minutes from Karlplatz metro station. Room was well-designed, warm and the beds were comfortable. Nice addition to all said above is malin&goetz cosmetics in the bathroom. Definitely a place to stay in Vienna. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Cosy B&B with character

- ask reception for parking recommendation. We didn't and just parked at Wipark Garagen at Operngasse that charged us 40EUR for 1 night stay...

- fresh design - spacious room - great location - glass of champaign to calm you down just upon arrival - living like a locals - well preserved city house

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Charming little B&B

Perfect location, 2 blocks from the market, lots of offers for food and restaurants. Also within walking distance to the Belvedere. I also walked to the city center every day as it was very pleasant and not far a all. On the day of my return I even walked back to the train station (20 mn) to catch the airport train.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Small B&B in great location with nice extra touches

There was a fluff of hair on the bathroom floor when I checked in the room ... carpet in room was stained.

Location, size and decor of the room, comfortable mattress, nice and attentive personnel at Reception.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Quirky and ideal location

Nothing as it represents good value for money but none of the main line hotel facilities if that is your thing.

Great position and a quirky little hotel. Loved the unusual decor and the fact that it does feel like another big corporate hotel. Great position to explore the city and very close to Karlzplatz station.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Great location, good price for Vienna.
    • Small Double Room

Tea and coffee in reception rather than in the room. Internet access was very poor. There is a building site opposite which may be noisy during weekdays - we were there at the weekend so it didn't affect us.

Great location and easy access to underground. Interesting decor. Able to leave luggage after checkout (but not in secure place). Breakfast available if preordered. Staff helpful when asked but not overly welcoming ... maybe it's a cultural thing!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Excellent location close to Karlsplatz, so city centre in...

Bathroom space was very limited. For working the room is not good as there's no table - but for vacay optimal. ----- Lastly, that's not a problem of hotel, but problem of its guests - advice them about how to behave at 1-2 a.m., no one cares about noise of the Italian group...

Excellent location close to Karlsplatz, so city centre in the walking distance. Wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Very disappointing!

There was a musty smell to the room. Breakfast selection was poor especially for a vegetarian, and I would advise avoiding the scrambled eggs!

Not much, was expecting far better having read previous reviews!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Unusual rooms close to the centre
    • Small Double Room

We didn't care for that, but our windows looked out on the other part of the hotel's building. In our booking it was written that check-in is at 11, but the room was ready only at 12.

Great location near Naschmarkt and Karlsplatz. The hotel is cozy. The room was spacious and interestingly furnished — not your usual boring hotel room. But one thing made it even more special: a glass of champagne upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Ok

Tiny bathroom. Our room faced into adjacent hotels restaurant only a few feet away - great for when you step out of the shower! Champagne available but at an additional price.

Close to public transport. Quiet. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Location wasn't bad. everything else was less than standard.

We were charged for an extra bed which was a sofa bad that was already part of the room furniture! also, there was no proper front desk, we had to guess our way around when we arrived.

Location was very good, although there are much better located properties for the same value.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Vienna
    • Small Double Room

We had trouble with the tv system which could not be resolved - free breakfast was offered upon request to compensate.

The establishment and rooms are very well presented and they endeavour to make it a great experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pleasant and recommended.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Boutique style and great location
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast was a little expensive so we went next door to the cafe which was excellent value. Unfortunately building works were going on next door which rather ruined the peace and quiet (but we spent most of the day out anyway).

The rooms were very pretty and the beds extremely comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient for all the major attractions.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Great location and nice room close to main train station.

Bathroom was pretty small but clean so it was not too bad.

Location was great. Rooms were spacious with a reasonable price. Very close to the subway and only two stops from the main train station.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

GREAT hotel, but charges 12.50 for breakfast incl. little kids

Hotel breakfast at 12.50 EUR per person including little kids overpriced, so we ate in Radlager at Operngasse nearby - a bike repair shop combined with a café.

Great boutique hotel at a great location with helpful staff. Underground parking as well as public transportation nearby.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Excellent Quality and Location

The hotel was very well positioned, close to public transport links and with most museums etc within fifteen minutes walk. There was also a very good cafe/ restaurant outside on the corner. The room was very comfortable with all necessary amenities ( including good pillows). The air conditioning worked well for us on some very hot days!

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Great consept
    • Small Double Room

This place has old school charm although it's totally contemporary. Excellent staff. You feel very intimate and welcomed. A noisy construction site opposite of the hotel during daytime but double windows keep the noise out.

good location